Why hello there /a/, is it possible for you to name one anime that is untouched by the faggotry that is teenage sasuke loving girls or slipknot loving teenage males?
I had strong hopes for SZS being a nice untouched gem but after seeing comments with "XD" used frequently in regards to the series I lost all hope.
Plenty of shows. You just need to know where to look.
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Dead Fucking Leaves
The more obscure or serious you get, the less newfags it picks up; can you imagine Gaia 'glomp'-ing over LOGH's Schenider?
Most /m/ related shows avoid that fate.
There are gaiafags and sukifags on /a/ at all times. Even the most obscure anime will be tainted. Google your anime of choice (or search it on youtube and read comments). You will find something to rage at, no exception.
I can't help but hate people who let the reputation of a show be a more important factor than the content of the show itself.
"HEY THIS IS REALLY GOOD BUT BAWWWWW PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE IT, THEREFORE IT'S SHIT"
Just off the top of my head:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Rozen Maiden (although this has an arguably worse fanbase, and I say that as an ardent dollfag)
I could go on, but it's not like /a/ needs another stroke to its ego.
Only somebody who is very insecure about their tastes would care that people act stupid about a show they like.
soukou no strain
is a bit of a fag. Who cares?
I'd love to say Mushishi but unfortunately that show has the absolute WORST fanbase. Jesus christ, out of fucking nowhere even.
- Rahxephon had it all wrong, we must detune Japan!
- Ooooooh. Nami looks super cute in that pink dress thing. Kafuka too. But don't call my Nami "deteriorated"! She just embraces the beauty of simplicity.
- Detuned: "The OP up to episode 3" XD
- Bandage only Abiru FTW. She's "detuning" her boobs...
- ...Chiri is my goddess. Not only do we get to see her in murderous mode, she even gets Harumi to go all sukumizuNYAN for us. Wahaha.
- Aawww. It's still... cu... c... >_> Sorry Meru, I can't lie. Less handlebar, more twintail.
- "Could this shovel exact righteous punishment on those who hurt me?" HAH. There seems to be a pattern with most Zetsubou jokes. Something random happens which gets someone, usually Nozomu, thinking. He broaches the subject, and then there's a bunch of examples commenting on modern Japanese society. This part is okay, but it's rarely great. But then things come back to the classroom, and the girls all take a stab at it, and when the skit centers around them, THEN it gets brilliant. This is definitely a prime example of that. 'Ari ari' was sorta amusing, but then Kafuka stands up and brings it to the classroom and it just becomes absolutely hilarious.
- Hah, nice. The "first timers" joke turns into a skit about how the show is offputting to new fans :sd:
Space Pirate Captain Harlock due to age and lack of complete subs.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes due to being too awesome for women and shitstain tweens.
PROTIP: If your opinions are decided for you by a legion of teenage pukes, you're no better than they are.
Am sorry but where did you see the "XD" and why do you care?.
If it was on a youtube, veoh or crunchyroll you need to go fucking die.
If it was on animesuki or gaia, you need to GTFO.
Like we care about shit that happens outside 4chan.
Rozen Maiden is lost. It got caught up by /b/, which is nothing more than /gaia/ now. It's gone. Let it go.
I think Lucky Star fits your criteria, OP.
Adding, I'm glad that these two shows at least are also almost impossible to bring to the US, thus assuring their status of never being huge.
I forgot what company, but they said they'd only bring LotGH unsubbed for $2000.
I couldn't care less, provided they keep their filthy, mongrel hands off Suigintou
LoGH will be the bastion of oldfaggotry for us all. All the gaiafags and sukifags don't have the attention span to sit through 110 episodes of politics and history with sparce action thrown in. They need moe and fighting every 2 minutes to satiate their ADHD.
you should just stop watching anime if you're concerned about the fans. seriously, look at us.
Space Adventure Cobra
Momotaro's Divine Sea Warriors
Aura Battler Dunbine
>Liking old things makes me cool.
I'm working my way through it right now, and even for me, it can get really slow paced. I can only imagine for them.
Oh, Victorian Romance Emma will probably not have those type of fans, aside from shoujo freaks or ...whatever. Certainly not the same fanbase it has in /a/.
Yes it does.
17 shit votes vs 210 masterpieces, big deal
OP here, I'm not basing my opinions of anime based on the fanbase. I was just curious if fangirls truly do ruin everything.
Real men sit through texhnolyze. LoGH is easy mode.
Oh, okay. If we take it from a pure fangirl "LOL BISHIE" aspect, LotGH can never be ruined.
I'd be surprised if any "teenage sasuke loving girls or slipknot loving teenage males" ever heard of Uninhabited Planet Survive. In before someone proves me wrong.
I will repeat myself. Lucky Star fits the OPs criteria perfectly.
I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this.