[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: gundam_seed_2_1024.jpg (302 KB, 1024x768)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
ITT: The worst Gundam series you watched. Pic related.
>>
File: Ggundam_title.jpg (204 KB, 576x432)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
SEED was decent. DESTINY was the worst Gundam of them all.

Oh and the one in my picture
>>
One episode of 00 is the only gundam I've seen
>>
>>10289378
Agreed. SEED was okay. GSD... pretend it didn't existed.
>>
File: treize.jpg (11 KB, 210x288)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
I watched Wing and it sucked, except for Treize, he's pretty cool.
>>
Zeta.
>>
>>10289336
the only thing that made this series horrible was jesus and that bitch.
>>
>>10289401
Thirding that.

Maybe G-Savior as well.
>>
File: 1175271745196.jpg (31 KB, 550x502)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>10289436
By "that bitch," you'd better not be referring to who I think you're referring to.

Also, Destiny. Why even ask?
>>
>>10289414

Obviously you've only watched 1 Gundam series.
>>
Gundam Seed Destiny amirite?
>>
I've seen 2 episodes of wing and 1 episode of 00. I can't decide which I disliked most.
>>
Destiny
>>
>>10289490

Let me clarify. You better be talking about Lacus and not Flay.
>>
I've only watched gundam wing and gundam seed destiny and I think they both suck equally.
>>
>>10289573
Aww, my tripcode... (ノ゜-゜)ノ
>>
destiny
>>
>>10289586

That's because you watched the shittiest ones.
>>
>>10289573
Actually, Flay is one of the other reasons why I watch SEED. Always eager what will she do.

She's a bitch... in a good way.
>>
Double Zeta.
It haunts me.
>>
>>10289608

I seem to be suffering from some sort of a duel personality disorder. Please ignore the previous post.
>>
>>10289378
>Seed was the best Gundam series, Destiny or Gundamoo was the worst.

Fixed
>>
>>10289608

Are you going to BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW right about now?

Maybe you're not so upset. Perhaps it will just be BAW.
>>
SEED is perfectly fine

GSD and ZZ are the worst, followed by V and X
>>
SEED is perfectly fine

GSD and ZZ are the worst, followed by Wing, then V and X
>>
>>10289671
>X

You best be joking.
>>
>>10289671

SEED was okay, but Destiny was so bad it retroactively makes SEED suck too. Sorry.
>>
>>10289686

Only one he's seen, by default it's the worst.
>>
File: zeta.jpg (27 KB, 300x353)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
One of the most laughably badly written anime I've ever watched.
>>
wing was the worst
>>
>>10289677
Nah, it's cool. I'll just keep on posting under it. You guys can impersonate me if you want.
>>
>>10289490
>>10289573
>>10289608
>>10289643
>>10289677

Disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
Fuck you guys, Zeta and Double Zeta were both awesome.

F91 for me probably, because I haven't watched seed and don't remember much from wing. DEAR GOD 52 EPISODES IN TWO HOURS EVERYONE TALKS SO FUCKING FAST SCENE TRANSITIONS WITHOUT MAKING ANYTHING CLEAR DARTH VADER CLONE KILLER ROBOTS JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>10289690 Destiny was so bad it retroactively makes SEED suck too. Sorry.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of herd-mind retardation, so I don't accept that at all.

Good series with a shit sequel. It happens.

>>10289686 You best be joking.

X is really not very well made at all, but I think it overcomes it and stays moderately entertaining a lot of the time.

Monster of the Week filler arc in the middle of the series not included in said time.
>>
>>10289686
X is mediocre as fuck

Shitty mech designs that feel like Wing rejects. Shitty villains and a shitty plot that wouldnt have been good even if the show hadn't been canned.

Only decent things about X were the 2 OPs
>>
>>10289715

Am I the only one whose done this so far, or have others?

I actually like you, well, maybe like is too strong a term, but you're actually a decent poster for a tripfag. However, someone posted it earlier and I had to try to have a little fun with it.

Too bad no one posted any of the really annoying tripfag's trips. I would love to be able to post as Cirno, although I would never be able to match his faggotry no matter how hard I tried.
>>
Gundam Seed by default is in the top 3. The only Gundams that I've never completed were SD Gundam and Gundamoo. Seed in every sense of the word was doing it right. If you don't like Seed you aren't a true Gundam fan (and you probably shouldn't be watching Gundam). Not only did Seed manage to evolve the genre, but it payed homage to the original Gundam.
>>
There's no question, it had to be G-Savior. So incredibly, horribly bad that Sunrise had to revoke it's cannon and remove all referrences to it from any of their official materials.
>>
>>10289712

Troll.
>>
>>10289739
you speak the fucking truth
>>
Thread reeks of newfaggotry. Sage.
>>
>>10289749
>
> Not only did Seed manage to evolve the genre

I don't hate SEED, but i'm going to have to call bullshit on this.

SEED was pretty much a by the books Gundam series with heavy shades of 0079 and Zeta, with a few twists added. Nothing groundbreaking about it.
>>
>>10289749
>>If you don't like Seed you aren't a true Gundam fan (and you probably shouldn't be watching Gundam).

lol wut
>>
SEED was pretty much the essence of Gundam boiled down to one series for a new generation. If you're a real Gundam fan, I see no reason to hate it, aside from retarded anti-popularity hive mind.

Also, SEED pretty much saved the future of the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>10289738
>
>Sorry, I'm not a fan of herd-mind retardation, so I don't accept that at all.
>
>Good series with a shit sequel. It happens.

Sorry, Destiny was so bad, i'll never be able to enjoy watching SEED every again. I'll admit from an objective standpoint that it's not a bad show (Although it's far from a great one), but my personal opinion of it is low now.

If you can't accept that it's your problem.
>>
ITT: Failfags trying to pass off Gundam SEED as if it's somehow the series which defines the whole Gundam anthology.
>>
Seed was average. Seed destiny was a crime against humanity.

first half of ZZ was fail and AIDS
>>
>>10289836

Uh, no.

The director has stated several times that his intent was to make the show about the mechs rather than the characters, which is about as far from the essence of Gundam as you can get.

If anything it's put it's future in jeopardy, but more than likely it's just another Gundam series which will end up not standing out or being notable in the long run, like most of them.
>>
>>10289749
I want you to take a dump on my chest. Everything will be complete.
>>
>>10289748
Well, I'd presume there are others since my code is known by someone other than myself.

Still, it's odd. Didn't think I would do enough to warrant enough attention for someone to brute force my tripcode. Oh well, I suppose that being a tripfag, even if it's one who has only been one for so long, it comes with the territory.
>>
Code Geass is the worst Gundam series by far.

0079, Zeta and Metal Armor DRAGONER are the best.
>>
ITT: Copypasta
>>
File: ffx.jpg (520 KB, 1024x768)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
>>10289749
Seed inspired a new generation of girly men, cosplay, and j-pop. In other words, it was the animu equvilant of Final Fantasy X.

But now that I think about it, Code Geass episodes 19-21 copypasted Seed. And Gurren Lagann episodes 9-14 copypasted Seed as well. Or did Gurren Lagann copypaste Gundam 0079?
>>
>>10289880
>The director has stated several times that his intent was to make the show about the mechs rather than the characters
SEED is completely the opposite of that. It's far more character driven, despite what Fukuda might say in a more than likely non serious answer to an interview. There's no such thing as a mecha anime that is "about the mechs more than the characters."

Secondly, it did save it by bringing it to a new generation. Otherwise it would have rotted with bottom feeding UC fans til the franchise was on its death bed.
>>
>>10289880

lul wut

SEED is a total remake of the original Gundam series. Was the refreshment for newer generations, not to mention the massive merchandise ripoffs Bandai pulled off since then
>>
Alright, so which is the BEST Gundam series?
>>
>>10289904

I see what you did there.
>>
>>10289749
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SEED is fucking bad, it had a promising premise but fucking botched it badly and compounded with utterly fucking useless recap episodes which only one was worth watching. 20+ hours of my life completely wasted and I wanted to make myself fucking taller. Destiny is even worse.

The only good stuff that came from the SEED saga was the music and the porn. That's it.
>>
>>10289932
>>bottom feeding UC fans

Troll, gtfo, fag, AIDS, etc.
>>
>>10289793 I don't hate SEED, but i'm going to have to call bullshit on this. SEED was pretty much a by the books Gundam series with heavy shades of 0079 and Zeta, with a few twists added. Nothing groundbreaking about it.

Seed's emphasis on character drama and relationships is unprecedented in Gundam, as was it's appeal to the female demographic.

You can argue how much you like both of those things, but you cannot deny that they are fact.

You don't get to play the "eh, totally unimportant and forgettable show" card on one of the most successful anime of the decade, and the Gundam franchises history.
>>
>>10289793

It opened up Gundam to a whole new group of people who never gave a shit before. For better or for worse, depends on how you view it.

I'd say Gundam X. It sucked from beginning to end.
>>
>>10289932
>Secondly, it did save it by bringing it to a new generation. Otherwise it would have rotted with bottom feeding UC fans til the franchise was on its death bed.
Sorta agreed to this one.
>>
ITT: People who have never watched a Gundam series created before 2000.
>>
>>10289905
Oh fuck you, FF10 was a good game. SEED was shit.
>>
File: kirades.jpg (22 KB, 289x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Can't we all just get along?
>>
>>10289940
>>
>>10289868
It does.

I've seen every Gundam series minus SD. And every Gundam has a weird aura/theme to it. Seed is the one Gundam that combines all of the themes. In other words, Seed is the one and only spiritual successor to Gundam 0079 universe.
>>
>>10289895

Whoever did it posted a fairly large list, which was followed by someone else replying with a large list. I'm assuming that you weren't really singled out,a nd that someone just knows the cypher. Either that or a mod was fucking around.

I see you in threads fairly regularly I took notice and grabbed the code when I saw you in this thread. Again, I don't have a problem with you, but I wanted to do something kind of fun withit.

I won't spread it any furhter, but if you want to be safe you might want to change it. Either that, or you can just go anonymous which is prolly a better idea.
>>
>>10289979
Keep telling yourself that faggot.

I've seen them all and SEED is a far far more competently made anime as opposed to Wing, X or even Tomino's V
>>
>>10289994
>FF10 was my first FF game.
>>
>>10289949

I call BS. Why'd you keep watching through Destiny if you hated Seed that much?
>>
>>10290003
6/10
>>
>>10289952
>>Seed's emphasis on character drama and relationships is unprecedented in Gundam, as was it's appeal to the female demographic.

Fuck that, there been better Gundams with relationship interaction than the fail was SEED.

All SEED did was pander to the otaku in the worse way possible.
>>
>>10289940
Turn A Gundam is by far the best

Followed by the Original series/movie trilogy
>>
SEED = very popular, even among people who would never watch a Gundam series otherwise.

UC series = cult-like following, but not huge

Destiny = WTF? How could they waste so much potential?
>>
>>10289940
08th MS Team.

For serious.
>>
>>10289932

He defiantly put a larger focus on the mechs than most directors do, but I won't say that he actually manged to do what he said he was trying to. I'm positive he intended to.

As far as saving it, that's fucking laughable. Gundam 00 would have been made regardless and it has no influence from SEED at all.
>>
>>10289979 ITT: People who have never watched a Gundam series created before 2000.

I'm over 30, have seen every Gundam anime made (started with UC) and I would without hesitation list Seed in the top tier of the franchise, and completely agree with what people are saying about it's influence and importance.

The sequels a fucking disaster, though. All the more incomprehensible because it had no right to turn out so badly after it's strong beginning.
>>
>>10289868
>>10290003

I recall reading somewhere in Anime Insider that during the production of Seed they said this is the true Gundam series of the new generation. We are putting everything into this production.


Gundam series like G Gundam, Wing, and Gundam X were all temporary gimmicks.
>>
Without Seed Gundam would be dead and you'd probably get no Gundam 00 and probably Geass too.
>>
>>10290081
>Gundam 00 would have been made regardless and it has no influence from SEED at all.
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>10289952
>Seed's emphasis on character drama and relationships is unprecedented in Gundam, as was it's appeal to the female demographic.

Bullshit. Character drama and relationships are commonly focused on in Gundam. Wing also had a large female fanbase, your statement is completely false.


>You can argue how much you like both of those things, but you cannot deny that they are fact.

Obviously I can, especially since you're completely full of shit.

>You don't get to play the "eh, totally unimportant and forgettable show" card on one of the most successful anime of the decade, and the Gundam franchises history.

Yes I do. The only reason it was popular was because it was marketed well. It will not keep a longer term popularity, and it will not be influential on the series as a whole.
>>
>>10289932
>>10289952
Seconded. Seed was about the characters, perhaps more than any other Gundam series. It was the first Gundam series I had ever seen, and when it came time for me to watch 0079 and Wing, I was honestly bothered by the "10 mins of talking, then 10 mins of mech action every episode" formula. I found Seed's tendency to devote entire episodes to either dialogue or battle to flow better, which is a shame considering 0079 is nowhere near as melodramatic as Seed and has a more interesting plot.
>>
SEED saved the Gundam franchise. if you disagree you're just a mindless faggot with no sense.
>>
>>10290107

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>10290081

The last two Gundams before Seed were total failures (X and Turn a Gundam). If Seed would have flopped there would be no Gundam 00
>>
It is made of troll and fail
>>
>>10289994
>Oh fuck you, FF10 was a good game. SEED was shit.

One of the following is true about you:

A.You're a troll.
B.You have a vagina.
C.You're a /y/ fangirl.
D.You're a typical next generation moron who doesn't know shit about Final Fantasy.
E.You're a typical next generation idiot who doesn't know shit about Gundam.
>>
>>10290125
>It will not keep a longer term popularity, and it will not be influential on the series as a whole.
lol WHAT?

It's been 5+ years since SEED and Kira is STILL one of the most popular characters in all of anime
>>
>>10290125 It will not keep a longer term popularity,

Yet here we are, six years later, still talking about it.

Seed was the most important and influential Gundam since CCA.
>>
Also, the SEED movie is still in development, so whenever that comes out, SEED will STILL be in the minds of viewers for the forseeable future.

In before butthurt fags
>>
>>10289949

I don't agree that SEED was really that bad, but the porn and the music are really great.

Especially the porn.
>>
>>10289997

You are just loving this aren't you?
>>
>>10290098
SEED wasn't promoted that way as much as "the revival of Gundam" following the two consecutive flops of X and Turn A - like a "Batman Begins" to the Batman film franchise. Had either or both of them fared better with the viewers, chances are that Gundam would have been quite different today.
>>
>>10290152

We're talking about it in a thread where people are discussing the worst Gundam series they've ever seen. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1205736400092.jpg (36 KB, 551x398)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>ITT: People who have never watched a Gundam series created before 2000.
Mostly agree with this. Why? Because there is exactly ONE mention of 8th MS team. I'm not saying the everybody should love it, but seriously, if people knew their stuff, there would be a lot more support for this one.
>>
>>10290125
butthurt much?
>>
>>10290186

Topic has shifted, spanky. Try to keep up.
>>
>>10290152

Bullshit.

Also I wouldn't say CCA is influential either.
>>
Seed was successful because it took every cliche that the mainstream audience liked out of the past twenty years of Gundam, mooshed them together, and dumbed it down enough to appeal to the masses.

Plus characters that are written like they came out of a bad third-rate fanfic..
>>
Fun fact: Gundam Seed was the first Gundam series to have as much female viewers as it had male viewers (well, almost). Gundam Seed revived the franchise. Also, it paved the way for next generation animu, and by "next generation, I mean /y/, J-pop, and original content. Also, Seed was the first character based Gundam.
>>
>>10290096
The whole saga was a disaster. Why people think SEED was actually good, I fucking wonder. It was a train wreck though and though. The pacing was fucked when they put on a recap episode, which 4 of them isn't really needed, 2 would've sufficed. The characters acted like retards towards the end. And the whole Coordinator mess was a real mess. And the Final Battle was really, really underwhelming. I'm not even going through the amount of rehashing action scenes either.

I didn't see past 10 in Destiny because I already smell the same ass fail from then.
>>
why isn't this on /m/?
>>
>>10290204

Disagreement = butthurt? The guy I was replying to has been making a lot more posts then me, he must have some anal hemoraging going on by now.
>>
>>10290197

I believe 08th is bigger in the West than in Japan.

Anyway, I'd call 08th average. It was hurt by the death of it's director mid-production. It starts off pretty interesting, in a grounded and 'realistic' kind of way.

Then we get an awful villain the the usual gigantic superweapon cliche.

It's also home of the THE worst ending episode in Gundam history. (Destiny's original episode 50 competes for the title, but since it's been remade I don't count it)
>>
File: 1205736596677.jpg (64 KB, 783x311)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
All according to plan
>>
>>10290233

We're discussing the shows, not the mechs.

/m/ is for discussing mecha.
>>
>>10290207
It's no bullshit. It's fact.

Name ONE single Gundam series that has done as much for the franchise aside from SEED. (Discounting the original obviously.) ONE. There isn't.

SEED revitalized the franchise where it matter. In Japan. It sold hundreds of thousands of DVDs, loads of merchandise, brought Gundam back to the mainstream after years of failures.

It is without a doubt the most important series in the franchise since the original.
>>
>>10290229 Why people think SEED was actually good, I fucking wonder. It was a train wreck though and though. The pacing was fucked when they put on a recap episode, which 4 of them isn't really needed, 2 would've sufficed.

Oh looky here, it's somebody who can't tell the difference between Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

Seed had two recap episodes back to back in the middle of the series, the second with a bit of new content.
>>
>>10290220
Gundam Wing did that shit 7 years prior.
>>
>>10290220
>
> Also, Seed was the first character based Gundam.

LOL. Okay, you've finally convinced me that you're trolling. I guess I was being dense thinking someone could actually make the claims you were making.
>>
>>10290255
No, I counted. And I did say I only seen 10 episodes of Destiny.
>>
>>10290247

And sadly we at /m/ don't even do that much any more. The last mecha design thread I made timed out. All we do in /m/ anymore is rage at each other.
>>
I think we can all agree that Gundam SD was the worst.
I was able to watch Hamtaro because it was such a giant step up out of the shit that was Gundam SD.
>>
>>10290207 Also I wouldn't say CCA is influential either.

It was influential in the sense that it was the last Gundam animation that the Japanese fans actually cared about, given the franchise promptly died following it's release.
>>
>>10290252
>
> Name ONE single Gundam series that has done as much for the franchise aside from SEED.

Wing did the same thing. So did Zeta. They were both far better shows as well.

Now shut the fuck up.
>>
SEED might be known everywhere, I liked the first season, but Destiny was a waste of potential. Influential or not, I don't care I still dislike it.

All Gundams are, arguably, terribly written. But perhaps because of the extremely campy nature of the UC series (0079 and Zeta), I like them the best. Oh and G Gundam.
>>
>>10290281

At least Doozy Bots never came into existence.
>>
>>10290289

That's not influence though. It was an important show, but it wasn't very influential.
>>
>>10290256
EXACTLY.
>>
>>10290270

I realized that over a year ago and left forever. SaiGar 2007 was the last straw.
>>
>>10290252
>I'VE ONLY WATCHED SHIT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

>I MEAN SEED, IT SOUNDS THE SAME AS SHIT.
>>
>>10290269 No, I counted.

Then we should weep for the education system of the country you live in, because you're wrong, period.

Seed has two recap episodes.

Destiny has something absurd like *five*
>>
Doozybots: The Next Generation Continues

Starring Cam Clarke as Harry McKincade/Gundam Warrior EBO (Electronic Brain Officer)

It came on between Combat Amphibians and Bible Black.
>>
ITT: People who honestly convinced themselves that Gundam Wing never existed.
>>
>>10290312

I will keep sticking around in hopes it will improve. Maybe moot will swing the sword down like he did in /a/.
>>
0079 is the most infuental because it's the original.
Wing took the Alternate Universe story and made it hugely popular.
SEED brought Gundam back from the dead. (if you remember Gundam had been on a hiatus after X/Turn A/G-Savior)

Just because you don't like SEED or think that its terrible doesn't take away from the effect it had on bringing the franchise back into popularity.
>>
>>10290290
Sorry, you're an idiot.

WING was a temporary success in a series of successive Gundam anime that ended up completely drying up the franchise and tiring the japanese public of it (V to G to Wing to X).

Zeta also brought nothing new to the table.
>>
>>10290256

Wing paved the way for outrageously stupid mecha designs. It also brought Gundam to Amerikkka, even though it's pretty much dead again here.
>>
>>10290290
I grew up on Wing when it aired on Toonami, yet I like Seed more. Wing needs a remake in my opinion. Scratch that, all of the Gundams (minus 08th team and 0080) needs a remake.
>>
>>10290252
>>Name ONE single Gundam series that has done as much for the franchise aside from SEED. (Discounting the original obviously.) ONE. There isn't.
Zeta renewed interest in Gundam when it was expected to be a failed franchise back then. Then the movies of the 0079 series really cement the franchise.

Wing pretty influence the doujin market at the time and bought in a more stable female fanbase.

SEED just was marketed heavily and shamelessly pandered to the all kinds of otaku by trying to appeal to the UC fans and the newbies.
>>
>>10290290 Wing did the same thing

Wing was nowhere even remotely near as relevant as Seed is. Don't be clouded by Wing's (baffling) success outside of Japan.

...and mentioning Zeta? The fuck? Of course Zeta was a huge success in Japan, *twenty* fucking years earlier!
>>
File: 1205737061403.jpg (339 KB, 1024x768)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
Jesus get back to /m/. Seed was not bad, it was pretty good pre-freedom and once Kira got his upgrade it downgraded to simply good to decent. Sure it was a boiled down version of every gundam ever, but it wasn't bad. Probably SD was the possible WORST gundam ever, even above Destiny. Superior Defenders? the hell?
>>
>>10290290
Zeta was nothing but a (very) successful sequel. It didn't have near the importance of First or Seed.
>>
ITT people who think the amount of influence a show has is in direct proportion to how good it is.
>>
Probably the cheesy Superior Defender one for the younger kiddies or one of the CE era shows. Other than those, I'm pretty much a Gundamfag who'll enjoy any Gundam production.

Even ZZ. At least it had a kick-ass main character who didn't spend his whole time BAWWWWing like others. Plus, sometimes he choked a bitch.

Okay, he choked one bitch.
>>
>>10290348
>>Wing needs a remake in my opinion.
Gundam 00 in a way.
>>
>>10290336

It was far from dead. UC has been popular since the 80s and is still far more popular than UC is.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>10290352
>Zeta renewed interest in Gundam when it was expected to be a failed franchise back then. Then the movies of the 0079 series really cement the franchise.
lol NO

Renewed interest came from RERUNS of 0079, followed by the MOVIES (which are also 0079!)

Zeta was simply riding the coatails of renewed interest thanks to the Trilogy.
>>
>>10290352 Zeta renewed interest in Gundam when it was expected to be a failed franchise back then.

lol what

Zeta did nothing of the kind. It was a successful sequel made on the back of the huge success of the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy.
>>
I believe Zeta was the worst Gundam series (aside from SD). Primarily because:
1. It was boring as fuck and
2. It served as a precursor to Destiny.

Kamille = angsty baaawfag
Shinn = angsty baaaafag
Stella = Four
Destroy Gundam = Psycho Gundam
etc.
>>
>>10290361

Lol, what was so important about SEED, other than giving that terrible character designer a popular franchise to work in?
>>
>>10290355
We be trolling.
>>
>>10290383

Zeta came out three years after the movies. Gundam was deader than than it was after Turn-A.

It was also the highest rated Gundam series of all time.
>>
>>10290382 It was far from dead. UC has been popular since the 80s and is still far more popular than UC is.

ahahahahahaha, look how stupid you are
>>
>>10290380
...except Wing and 00 parted ways at episode 2. Stoic monotone bishies were the only things they really had in common, and that was until the 00 pilots got hit with character development.
>>
Actually, it was reruns of the original series and the movie trilogy that resparked the interest in Gundam, however Zeta has always been the most popular (and probably the best) of the Gundam productions in the franchise, due to its darker tone and plot complexities (at least, compared to other Gundam shows). It was the one with the highest ratings.
>>
>>10290382

You need to go look up how many failures there were in Gundam after Zeta.
>>
>>10290364
This. Give it a year and the Elevens will be saying, "Gundam SEED what?"

I'm pretty sure if there was a Gundam series what after the SEED saga, we would see a faint trace of it left.
>>
>>10290417 It was the one with the highest ratings.

Guess what the one with the second highest ratings is
>>
>>10290407

It's a typo dipshit.
>>
>>10290404
You're an idiot

Robot anime was HUGELY popular in the 80s, there were DOZENS of them.

BUT Zeta Gundam had the Gundam name Which WAS worth something, as the Trilogy was a success and the original set the precedent for so many other shows of the 80s.

Gundam wasn't dead AT ANY POINT of that era. Robot anime THRIVED at that time.
>>
>>10290417
>however Zeta has always been the most popular

No.
There was a poll a few years back regarding the best mecha series released (it was before Seed, so it was old), MSG was #2 and Zeta was down in the mid-20s.
>>
>>10290409
And it shared the whole "terrorist are the heroes" thing.
>>
>>10290449

Don't have to, it has no bearing on the argument.
>>
>>10290442
SEED still is always tops in all the fucking popularity polls in moon land. Character AND mecha.
>>
>>10290442 This. Give it a year and the Elevens will be saying, "Gundam SEED what?"

That sounds familiar.

Probably because I've heard it said every year after Seed comes out.

Six years and counting. One more year and it will be forgotten, honest guys!
>>
>>10290422

Doesn't matter. 0079 and Zeta have been consistently popular since the Trilogy and Zeta TV series came out.
>>
>>10290442
The Elevens considered Kira their favourite male character for a loooooong time after Seed Destiny finished its run.
>>
File: 1205737677554.jpg (175 KB, 632x1024)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
More fuel for the fire:

Best to worse:
1.Gundam Seed
2.Gundam 0079
3.Gundam Wing

Worse to best:
1.SD Gundam
2.Gundam Seed Destiny
3.G Gundam

Can't we just end this shitstorm already. LESSON LEARNED, DO NOT MESS WITH GUNDAM SEED (A.K.A SPIRITUAL SUCCESOR TO MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 0079).
>>
It only gets mentioned in threads about bad Gundam series, like this one.
>>
>>10290382
Ok, well maybe 'dead' wasn't the best word to use. But I do think SEED finally regained the AU Gundam popularity after all the commercial failures after Wing.
>>
>>10290473
Only because there was no Gundam after it, so it enjoying the status as the most recent Gundam.

Thank god that the Meisters are more popular than the SEED characters now.
>>
>>10290490

That i'll actually agree with.
>>
File: 1205737809767.jpg (194 KB, 569x700)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
This thread needs more Jesus

Also Flay is a bitch and sucks
>>
>>10290498
I would bet you 500 dollars that in a few years Kira will still be at the top. The SEED movie will make sure of that even.

And the meisters will all have practically disappeared.
>>
>>10290484
WOW, THAT ANON POSTED A PIC OF XENOGEARS.

HE MOST BE REALLY HARDCORE.

WE SHOULD ALL JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO THIS ANON.

CLEARLY HE IS SUPERIOR TO US.
>>
>>10290462
Again, Wing and 00 presents this differently. Wing showed the pilots in a positive and glorifying light, while 00 is painting them all shades of grey (even from the first episode).
>>
>>10290483

That's only because Char Aznable and Quattro Vagina are different characters on the popularity polls.
>>
>>10290498
That's cause they're new...everyone loves new things

That fact that Jesus Yamato is still 5th in Newtype polls when his show ended 3 years ago pretty much assures he is here for a long time
>>
>>10290528
>>Wing showed the pilots in a positive and glorifying light

What? They showed that they were fucked up in the head for the most part.
>>
File: 1205737962858.jpg (48 KB, 640x480)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10290498

Just barely. They still aren't as popular as Geass characters.
>>
>>10290538
Sorry, Char and Quatro are nowhere near any general popularity polls.

Stop reading Gundam ACE
>>
>>10290484
Weltal Id > all gundams
>>
I think any Gundam that's the newest is going to end up being extremely popular. Only time will tell if that show has any longevity.

In the US, though, the only Gundam show that made any mark was Gundam Wing, because it appealed to the burgeoning anime fans, both males and females, and brought them a more mature giant robot show than they were used to (Voltron, Transformers, etc). Of course, GW is sort of mediocre, in my opinion - and maybe even the Gundam franchise overall, but as for its popularity in Japan, it's still one of the biggest things in the anime fandom.
>>
>>10290568
Char has his own Char model cellphone in JApan. Where's Kira's design?
>>
>>10290577
QFT
>>
>>10290551
Out of curiosity, who are the others on the list? Espeically the top 4?
>>
>>10290566
That too.
>>
>>10290382 It was far from dead. UC has been popular since the 80s and is still far more popular than UC is.

The UC is so "far more popular" that it's been dead for 18 years now.

UC died with Char's Counterattack. The next entry in the series, F-91, was an attempt at a reboot that failed completely. It's next attempt, Victory, was another shift away from everything that had proceeded it in an attempt to regain peoples attention without the baggage attached - and it too was a complete failure. That signaled the end of the UC as the flagship of Gundam, in 1993.

After that, it shifted to AUs and met varying degrees of mild success.

Seed was the first to make Gundam *big* again.
>>
>>10290600
F-91 was a failure before it ever even came out

It was supposed to be a 50 episode show but turned into one movie only.
>>
>>10290565
>>10290551
Well, I doubt it'll last along. It's a matter of time really.

>>10290586
And Char got his own Nikes too. I wanted to get those sneakers.

;_;
>>
File: 1205738340120.jpg (133 KB, 839x901)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>10290565
Ha...I loved that scene

Sai: "I was just wondering why she was suddenly pregnant."

>>10290593
1- Lelouche
2- Jihad-kun
3- Lockon
4- Shana
>>
>>10290600

The last UC anime was in 2006. UC is far from dead.
>>
File: 1205738419204.jpg (313 KB, 783x518)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>10290593
Not >>10290551, but here is the latest popularity poll from Animage. I would imagine Newtype's ranking is along the same lines.
>>
>>10290593
Lelouch, Sestuna, Tieria are at least in the top 3, I think.
>>
All I know is Mwu La Flagga was DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE long before Kamina showed up.
>>
>>10290624
>It's a matter of time really.
Sorry, but 6 years after the original series...

No. It's not a matter of time. Really.
>>
File: 1205738522392.jpg (99 KB, 640x480)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>10290585

>I think any Gundam that's the newest is going to end up being extremely popular.

That's a huge misconception. Gundam doesn't equal popular. If it did shows like X or Turn A Gundam wouldn't have flopped.
>>
>>10290658
Cagalli and Lacus, 21 and 23
>>
>>10290671
What you don't get? Destiny ended in 2004 although they still had shit out of the series (the mango, Stargazer, etc). It lasted this long because it was the last Gundam out. Like the Elevens, it would eventually go away with a small group of ardent followers left.
>>
>>10290671

He's popular because of SEED Destiny, not SEED.

No one gave a fuck about him in SEED, he was just a crying bitch in that show. In destiny he became true GAR.
>>
>>10290715
>>10290715
Don't bother arguing with a yaoi fatgirl.
>>
File: 1205738988188.jpg (527 KB, 836x760)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
Thread in summary:

1.Seed is VERY popular in Japan.
2.Seed is influential.
3.Popularity =! good.
4.Seed is definitely in the top 3 of best Gundam of all time list.
5.Wing, Zeta, 08th, 0079, and Seed are the only Gundams that people care about.
6.Each of the Gundams mentioned above are good in one way or another.


I always thought the /m/ Anons were beyond this "my show is better than your show" garbage. Who really cares about what other people think. Seed is an invaluable asset to the Gundam franchise. Now stop bawwwwing about it.

Thread over.
>>
>>10290733
lol what?

Sorry, but your opinion isn't = Japans opinion.

He was popular ever since SEED, NOT GSD
>>
>>10290671

Just because you like to slish to Kira X Athrun yaoi doesn't make the show eternally popular.

Now go away, people who have watch pre-2000 Gundam shows are having a discussion.
>>
>>10290715

obviously fans move on. it's stupid to say otherwise, but it also doesn't change the fact it helped the franchise in ways most shows haven't.
>>
>>10290750
Yes but his popularly is having staying power because of DESTINY. Which ended at the end of 2005 and then had its movie versions released throughout '06

And this thread is done.
>>
Kira loses his virginity to Fllay.

S|E|E|D| I|S| T|H|E| B|E|S|T|
>>
>>10290771
>Now go away, people who have watch pre-2000 Gundam shows are having a discussion.
keep telling yourself that newfag

Then again you're probably one of the fags who think X is actually good
>>
/a/ - Gundam
>>
>>10290771
Keep in mind that Seed is the closet one can get to Gundam 0079 without being in the UC universe. So your argument fails. And no I'm not the person who you are quoting.
>>
>>10290739
>Seed is an invaluable asset to the Gundam franchise.
HA HA HA, OH WOW

how about you tell me what exactly seed added to the franchise?

seed was probably among the shittiest mecha shows ever made. it took the whole plot armour bullshit and single mechas taking out armies to a whole new level while trying to take itself seriously. it had more emo teenage drama than ANY other gundam series, and i'm not even referring to the aids that is gundam seed destiny which took terms like emo and shittiness to whole new level.

it was a trainwreck written by marketing people, made for the sole purpose of catering to retards and yaoi fangirls. every sane person who thinks gundam seed or gundam seed destiny was good must be a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>10290786
FUCK YEAH FLAY!
>>
The chibi gundam series. No idea of the name, I just know it sucked.
>>
>>10290739
>>4.Seed is definitely in the top 3 of best Gundam of all time list.
>>5.Wing, Zeta, 08th, 0079, and Seed are the only Gundams that people care about.

Ahaha, oh wow.
>>
>>10290799
lol, keep trying. It's cute.
>>
>>10290799
-10/10
troll
>>
File: 1205739543013.jpg (31 KB, 380x288)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>10290801
>>
>>10290817
>>10290822
same faggot
>>
Basically, SEED isn't the worst when you're looking at it in an unbiased way.

But that's not what the OP asked now, is it?
>>
File: 1205739638187.jpg (63 KB, 720x540)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
you'd fuck her too, if you weren't so gay.
>>
A shame they cut this out of American DVD releases

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxOoPCxA0Mg
>>
>>10290795

Falling back on Newfag? Is that seriously the best you can come up with? LOL.

X is shit. It's almost as bad as SEED.
>>
>>10290786
But he was still hungering for Athurn's dick and was a sobbing mess.

>>10290798
In what? SEED was a loose adaptation of all Gundam, mostly 0079 and resulted in miserable pile of fail of a story that pandered to the otaku in what they wanted. SEED just had a great marketing strategy that it was fucking everywhere and Newtype fucking jacked off to it every month.
>>
File: 1205739699920.jpg (99 KB, 700x583)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>
Even people who hate SEED (as I do) can't possibly deny that SEED has helped the entire franchise out by bringing it back to the forefront of the anime fandom - no, not just to the former geeks of the past who are now salarymen, but to a broader fanbase. It hasn't done anything in the US, because the only Gundam the market ever accepted was Gundam Wing, as it appealed to both males and females and was marketed at just the right time, but it has definitely filled Sunrise's coffers so that they may attempt more additions to the franchise.
>>
>>10290799
I'm not even going to waste my time educating you. What exactly are you getting at? You do realize that Gundam Seed is the closest you're going to get to a 0079 remake. Name one Gundam that wasn't in the UC that emulates 0079 better than Seed.
>>
I actually throughly enjoyed Seed, especially with the theme of mental enhancement. Destiny...was disappointing to me, as it was to many. But I think we don't all hate it for the same reason. Some people hated it because they hated Shinn, some people hated it because they hated Kira stealing the show, some people hated it because they hated Lacus, Meer, Athrun, the ginger sisters, ect.
>>
>>10290841
SEED is not the worst, only SEED Destiny and SD Gundam are worse than SEED.
>>
File: 1205739806586.jpg (17 KB, 257x332)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>10290849
I'd love Flay tenderly.
>>
>>10290825

Flay was awesome. If you don't think she was a good character there is something wrong with you.

She is also hot, which is a plus.
>>
>>10290852

It's not in the DVD release?

LOL, censorship even on DVD. Who's Bandai trying to pacify?
>>
>>10290852
It's called the first Movie and that wasn't cut out of the R1 DVD.
>>
>>10290908
It is on the DVD

Except its only on the Movie DVD, it wasn't in the TV series
>>
dubbed stuff. especially the "living chibi gundam" shit (IE: samurai gundam "THESE UGLY SHIT RICEBALLS WERE MADE WITH LOVE SO THEY TASTE FUCKING AWESOME"
some gay gundam: "OMG THOSE ARE MY UGLY SHIT RICEBALLS")
>>
>>10290872
Moar please!
>>
File: 1205739910507.jpg (17 KB, 257x332)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>10290849
I'd love Flay tenderly.
>>
>>10290852
SEX SCENE ADDED FOR MOVIE VERSION OF SEED. IT WAS IN THE R1 DVDS.
>>
File: 1205739968059.jpg (28 KB, 215x291)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>10290899

Me too.

I also like the new tripcode.
>>
>>10290858
Garrod was a far better and more entertaining male lead than Kira was. Jamil was better than Char and Mwu. X was far from the best series ever, but calling it shit is a tad much. It was better than the CE shit (minus the Astray manga).
>>
File: 1205740078219.jpg (545 KB, 2035x1403)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
Turn A and 8th ms team were the only series I liked.
>>
File: 1205740087872.jpg (27 KB, 299x299)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10290956
>I also like the new tripcode.
Was just testing if a decoder was working. I'll probably stick with it until I get some a desired word.
>>
>>10290924
Fuck you, I LOLed hard.
>>
File: 1205740141522.jpg (34 KB, 280x356)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>10290974
>get a desired word.
>>
>>10290852
My god I hate Kira's voice.
>>
>>10290961
>
> Jamil was better than Char

I LOL'D.
>>
File: 1205740268868.jpg (48 KB, 384x552)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
There are worse Gundams than Destiny

The only reason Destiny gets such bad wrap is because it's one of the few Gundams a majority of anime fans today have actually seen, let alone bad ones.

At least Destiny was good attempt at a sequel for the first 30 or so episodes save for the complete butching of Cagalli
>>
>>10290874
>SEED has helped the entire franchise out by bringing it back to the forefront of the anime fandom
and that is supposed to be a good thing?

i'm sure you'd be pissed if your favourite metal band suddenly starts recording hiphop music because it happens to be more popular at the moment.

>You do realize that Gundam Seed is the closest you're going to get to a 0079 remake.
you have no idea what you're talking about. gtfo.
>>
File: 1205740322666.jpg (66 KB, 538x759)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10291017
>There are worse Gundams than Destiny
Such as?
>>
>>10290852
God, I had to keep myself from retching. BRB, gonna some porn to wash the filthiness from my mind.
>>
>>10291029

X
>>
>>10290971

ah, good choices. loran was kind of a dick though.

put me down for

g gundam,
0080
0083
zeta
double zeta
and as much as i hate to say it.... wing.

it busted my real type cherry.
>>
File: 1205740393002.jpg (314 KB, 1024x768)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>10290987

OMG Flay is hot!
>>
Are you a nek­o?
You might want to join my N­eko Fore­st forums
ne­koforest.pro­boards58.com
Pl­ease read the rules before r­egistering.
>>
>>10291047
x worse than gsd?

HA HA HA, OH WOW
>>
>>10291022

Generally it's a good thing, yes, because unlike American music, the Japanese animation industry doesn't quite make enough money for several years of downtime in between works.
>>
>>10291048
She was a racist bitch. I rejoiced in her death and if I was Kira, I would told the bitch to fuck off. Don't be all nice when you're dead.
>>
>>10291029

Need more Flay, keep posting.
>>
>>10291049
What makes Loran a dick? I liked him because he was very general a nice not angsty guy. I guess how things ended up with Sochie kind of sucks, but that is not really his fault. Whatever I still liked the characters the best in this series.
>>
Seed is either the best Gundam of all time or the second best.

A.0079 = Needs a remake. I rewatched it a few days ago and it is starting to show its age.
B.0080 = Too short.
C.0083 = Too short.
D.08th = Too short.
E.F91 = Too short.
F.Gundam X = ????
G.Gundam Wing = Not enough character development. All of the main characters were coppasta of each other. Too much pseudo intellectual political mumbo jumbo; not enough drama.
H.Gundamoo = Too immature. "We're starting a war on war itself." Gundamoo reminds me of Captain Planet or Justice League. All Gundamoo was missing was super hero costumes and a super hero base.
I.G Gundam = Failure as a Gundam. It might be good as a shonen jump fight series.
J.Zeta = ????
K.SD = Shit.
>>
File: 1205740699080.jpg (97 KB, 750x600)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
>>10291110
You could argue that Shinn was never the main character

I swear Athrun had more focus from the start.
>>
>>10291081

You must have ignored her character development. She wasn't the same person at the end of the series that she was at the beginning.

Besides Kira was using her as much as she was using him. They used each other to deal with the pain they were feeling and both treated Sai like shit.
>>
>>10291132
She didn't change until it was pretty much a matter of survival after getting kidnapped by Rau.

Right before that, the had pulled a gun and declared that all coordinators deserve to die on Dearka.

so no...she didn't "develop"
>>
>>10291107
>>Gundam Wing: All of the main characters were coppasta of each other.
No.

Just because SEED had significant character development for like Kira and Athrun and fuck everyone else, it was the worst way to do it.

Shit sucks, son.
>>
File: 1202578353856.gif (282 KB, 638x800)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
>>10291107
Why do you ignore Turn A? I think it has the most focused character development of the series.
>>
Flay is hot and I never hated her at all during SEED. she should of lived :(
>>
I didn't like Turn A. Too many negros in it.
>>
I don't see how you can consider genetically modified ubermensch whose purpose it is to replace the current humanity to be a "race". Any of you would side with Blue Cosmos in a second, especially since Anons would probably lose their retail and food service jobs to them, too.
>>
>>10291187
>
>She didn't change until
>
>so no...she didn't "develop"

You just contradicted yourself. You are wrong.
>>
>>10291081

She was the sole reason people gave a fuck about SEED
Besides the /y/ fatgirls that is
>>
File: 1203616298281.jpg (58 KB, 399x265)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>10291196
Agreed. Her death was extremely avoidable and really felt more like a cop out than actual tragedy. Had Kira just kept on fighting Rau instead of heading towards the shuttle IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT, she probably would have lived.
>>
>>10291110
Follow-up video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcDlfVUOnfc&
>>
>>10291227
When I first watched Seed, I was really hoping for a Cagalli x Kira pairing and I kept watching to see it happen.

... wtf Sunrise.
>>
>>10291132
What character development, she hated on the Coordinators and still did after she ended up with Rau, where she proceeded to act like a scared bitch around him.
>>
>>10291239
Bitch should've died a while back.
>>
>>10291272

I's still kind of like to see that. I think they would make a good couple.
>>
>>10291220
you lack reading comprehension

Changing and developing aren't the same thing.
Development is permanent, changing isn't necessarily. Flay hated the coordinators from beginning to end.
>>
>>10291107

Nobody said it was the best. It was one of the most important though.
>>
File: 1175271756187.jpg (15 KB, 206x476)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>10291312
>Development is permanent, changing isn't necessarily. Flay hated the coordinators from beginning to end.
You wouldn't know that, since her part was so suddenly cut short.
>>
I don't know what you Anons have against Gundam Seed Destiny. Shinn getting his ass handed to him in the final episode was enough to justify his wrong doings.
>>
Seed is the worst.

8th MS Team is the best.
>>
>>10291333
Or her part was too long.
>>
>>10291312
>
> you lack reading comprehension

Uh, no.

> Changing and developing aren't the same thing.

A character changing in a story is developing.

>Development is permanent, changing isn't necessarily. Flay hated the coordinators from beginning to end.

Again, you are wrong. If she hated coordinators at the end she would have chastised Kira for letting her die, like she did when he let her father die. She didn't. She had changed. Since her character was dead at that point there was no way for her to regress, so even by your wrong definition, she still developed.
>>
>>10291346

No, that actually makes no sense. I realize you blindly hate the character, but you might want to actually put what you're replying to in context before you make a reply that makes you look like a dumbass.
>>
File: flaygroup.jpg (52 KB, 527x425)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Flay is so fucking hot, even other hot girls can't keep their hands off her.
>>
>>10291369
You know, that's we call bad writing, which is not alien in Gundam SEED. The only time she actually felt guilty about what she did, she was some fucking ghost in space.
>>
>>10291369
>If she hated coordinators at the end she would have chastised Kira for letting her die, like she did when he let her father die. She didn't.

You're gonna use Kira's mind-fucked astral projection illusion of Flay as evidence?

Fucking idiot
>>
>>10291382
How was her part short? She did her fucking part.
>>
>>10291460

I'm not saying SEED was well written, although it was probably better than the Flay as a human bomb scenario they originally planned out. Although that would have killed Kira off, so it wouldn't have been all bad.

>>10291466

According to the director that was her trying to communicate with him from the dead. Notice how Kira didn't respond to anything she said, he just sobbed like she wasn't there.

I actually know what i'm talking about, unlike you.

>>10291476

Again, if you look at the post in context he was saying that there was no way to tell if the change in her character was permanent because she died there.
>>
File: 1199081545846.jpg (36 KB, 229x762)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>10291476
Well, I suppose if you see Flay as nothing more than a plot device who was only there to get murdered so that the hero can rage and be driven to kill the antagonist, then yes, she definitely did her part.

However, if you see her as a fictional, but human character who goes through hardships in the face of war, and is to come of age and to rethink her perspective on everything, then I would disagree and say that her death kind of kills it. From that perspective, it doesn't really let us have a proper, final look into to how actually profound her change in character really was, so it really sells her short.
>>
>>10291615

I think you guys are ignoring the scene after's Flay's death. To a large extent, it shows you how she feels at that point and how she's changed. From the interview with Fukuda:

Q: About Fllay's Lalah-esque meaning?
A: The title of that scene was "What Fllay wanted to tell him." (a way to let the audience know what Fllay wanted to say). However a dead person can't express their feelings so Kira never heard those words. Which means Kira never got to know Fllay's feelings and he has to carry the burden of her death.

Anyways, post more Flay.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.