Okay, kind of a convoluted story, but stick with me...
I work part-time in a lab doing DNA sequencing work at UC Berkeley. When we sequence DNA, we use two primers going in opposite directions...basically sequencing the strand backwards and forwards so we can check one sequence against the other to make sure we got it right. One of the programs we use for compiling sequences (Sequencher, for those interested) will give you the actual letter bases (A,T,C,G) on one list in addition to any discrepancies between your forward- and backward-lists (denoted by K, W, R, S depending on what bases are mismatched). Anyway, I was doing some compiling work today and was reading through a sequence when I noticed something that nearly made me die of laughter: there, in the middle of the sequence for a mitochondrial locus for a tropical species of beetle, were the letters ARAARA. So, in honor of how awesome nature's power level is: Aria thread.
Ara ara ~
Oh, fuck it...I'm uploading my Aria folder to rapidshare. Stand by.
that is one laid back beetle
Enjoy. Ara ara fu fu fu~
This anon thanks you!
I enjoyed this anecdote
In b4 Arafu.
'healing' desu ne~
Bumping before I go to bed, because the front page should always have an Aria thread.
>we use two primers
Thread needs more HIPS
What a coincidence. I work with a protein that contains the sequence Ala-Arg-Ala-Ala-Arg-Ala .
I also enjoyed your story as well. Thanks for the pics.