[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: attack-on-titan.jpg (196.47 KB, 800x500)
196.47 KB
196.47 KB JPG
if you use Japanese pronunciations on the European names of the European characters living in Europe, you are either functionally retarded or grand master hipseter-sensai.
>>
if you like Attack on Titan aka Shingeki no Kyojin you are either functionally retarded or grand master hipseter-sensai.
>>
>>102247427
>you are a hipster if you like something popular

yea, no, sorry. that's not how it works
>>
>>102247460
>implying SnKfags aren't 13 year old hipsters who think they're cool for watching something that isn't American TV
>>
>>102247363
>make things pointlessly complicated
>not hipster

Whatever you say, teacher.
>>
>>102247363
What the fuck is a "hipseter"? What if I'm pure nipponese by origin? Shit generalisation/10, did not take into account other factors.
>>
>>102247497
>implying they don't watch it because the edgyness of the show is so great that they think they are special for liking it
>implying they don't think that livai-sempaiii is not kakoii because he's soo cool and soo daaark.
>implying they don't think that Eren-sama's vengence is not greater than seshomaru's story or itachi-sama's suffering
the manga was already borderline but the anime it impossible to enjoy the story.
>>
>>102247515
>pointlessly complicated
> just say it the way you would in real life
>pointlessly complicated
>>
>>102247558
>no poem like typing
>no "unity through Dick"
>no "in the recent"
your typing is not moe, therefore you're not japanese.
i won't aknowledge unless you pull something greatter than your honorous ancestors made.
>>
>>102247677
I'm sorry I hadn't realized you faggots had already dropped this show for being popular, hipster-kun-chan-san
>>
File: 1384391475693.jpg (117.63 KB, 500x500)
117.63 KB
117.63 KB JPG
>>
>>102247788
dropped it at the second episode because the anime was too booring and felt more forced than the manga.
i felt lonely when i saw my friend talk about it on Tumblr but i stayed trong and followed my resolve, i also continued to read the source material.
>>
>>102247898
>reading a manga instead of watching the anime with the same story
>no movement
>no way to portray impact
>just more gore
hipest of sters
>>
>>102247788
I dropped it after it become clear that it's a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>102247975
>train wreck
> best anime off 2013
>/a/ doesn't like it cause it isn't an ecchi with six loli's and a dom
k
>>
>>102247427
Stop acting like a little brat or i'll treat you like a little brat
>>
>>102247363
why are you trolling so hard?
the anime is not as bad as /a/ says but it's still pretty bad, you probably know that people won't really be mad if you say it's "Da best anime evaa" and "Muh favorite animu of the time".
that's your freedom, but it's also my freedom to say that from an artistic point of view, it's not worthy of all the praise you want to give it, the plot is bearable but not untertainig enough to get you glued to your monitor.

and>>102247898 is right when he says that the sourse material is better to apreciate the plot while >>102247962 is right about the plus the anime gives with the quality of the story as price for the animation of movements.
>>
>>102248310
>trades quality of story for movement
> same fucking story
I said no such thing
>>
>>102247497
That's just Ymirfags though.
>>
>>102248034
>>best anime off 2013
1/10, made me reply.

>off
Wait, maybe you actually are retarded.
>>
>>102248361
but still, it's the case, even if it's more pleasant to watch an anime than to concentrate on reading a book, you can't enjoy the story at it's fullest with all the counstraints the anime gets.
>>
>>102248310
>>102248467
Not to mention the anime wastes potential by showing flashbacks to whole scenes we saw one or two episodes previously.
Probably due to budget issues, or lack of good planning. Either way, it was fucking frustratingly bad. It's the kind of thing you get in those shitty gorrilion-episode-long shounen shows.
>>
>>102248521
> the show isn't allowed to show that a character is having a flashback because it's still to recent for me
>I would rather be told after the fact that he was having a flashback
>I would rather watch a character state off into space for a couple second then tell me about it
>>
>>102248467
>>102248521
i agree, if i didn't read the manga beforehand , maybe i wouldn't have dropped the anime at the seconde episode, they even tried to remodel the art to fit more to the standarts just because it's easier to animate standart drawings (it also explains Kyoani's love for samefaces).
well the anime mostly a way to promote the manga and boost it's sellings but still...
>>
>>102248610
No, you misunderstand.
It was doing flashbacks to try and prove the 'point' of the characters development. It was already obvious what they were doing, but they felt the need to shove it in your face and beat you over the head with it. It's just clumsy. There was no need for flashbacks of any kind most of the time.
Watch the whole forest bit again if you want to see what I mean.
>>
>>102248610
stop trolling so hard, it's more obvious than your omosexuality.
"OP is a faggot" never fitted a thread as much as this one.
>>
>>102247898
>friend
>Tumblr
Get out.
>>
AoT is good
stay mad moeshits
>>
>>102248730
but he didn't give in to the faggotery, i think we can overlook his friend on tumblr.
>>
>>102248775
mein negger
>>
File: 1382382212005.gif (2.94 MB, 300x169)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB GIF
How do you fags pronounce Jean then?

Yin? Yan?

Because the second one is the right one, he's french, you know.
>>
>>102248863
it's provinces john, ottakus say it like a Japanese bastardization of John
>>
>>102248858
that's it!
that's the answer i was waiting for!
I just proved that only niggers like AOT !

enjoy your wanimus and waifus dear afro-american chines cartoon lovers.
>>
>>102248863
Jean is not pronounced as Yan in French.
>>
>all these posts with no capitalization
Tumblr has invaded.
>>
>>102248909
mfw white
mfw can't have face cause in class
mfw I'm defined white cause I'm not a college drop out
>>
>>102247363
>sensai

It's sensei.
>>
>>102248863
i'm sure as hell jean is not pronounced yan in french, ididn't study french from kindergarden to hear some hipster weaboo massacre my mother language.
1/10 made admit i'm a frenchfag.
>>
>>102248997
k whatever doesn't matter
>>
>>102248988
>mfw can't have face cause in class
what do you mean?
>>
>>102249030
it's john, right?
>>
>>102249065
would take a picture with a timestamp if I could to prove how not a money I am
>>
>>102249075
closer to jon.
use google translation to hear the correct prononciation, they didn't mess with it this time:
http://translate.google.fr/#fr/en/jean
>>
>>102248466
This anon knows what's up.
http://strawpoll.me/1170803
>>
>>102249336
What a fucking terrible poll. KLK hasn't even finished yet. Fuck.
Was that made by a thirteen year old or something?
>>
>>102249383
peobaly 12 or younger, it's normal to love and venerate animes like KLK, AOT and SAO at this age
>>
>>102247363
> eren is a turkish name
>implying turkish are european
I killed your arguments really easily
>>
>>102247677
Implying they don't watch it because they simply enjoy it without caring what other peoples think.
>>
>>102249957
this so much
>>
File: 1387933715266.png (9.76 KB, 544x233)
9.76 KB
9.76 KB PNG
Just don't reply.
>>
>>102248466
>>102249336
>Best anime of 2013
>Not listing The Devil Is A Part-Timer
Stay retarded /a/
>>
>>102247962
>>no movement
>>no way to portray impact
>this is what animefags actually believe



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.