[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: image.jpg (454.80 KB, 1280x2160)
454.80 KB
454.80 KB JPG
The best anime from every single year.
1996 : Neon Genesis Evangelion
1997 : Shoujo Kakumei Utena
1998 : Serial Experiments Lain, Trigun
1999 : Cowboy Bebop, Great Teacher Onizuka, The Big O
2000 : Boogiepop Phantom, FLCL, Hajime no Ippo
2001 : Fuck 2001.
2002 : Haibane Ranmei, Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell : SAC
2003 : Texhnolyze, Full Metal Alchemist
2004 : Monster, Major, Paranoia Agent
2005 : Aria The Animation, Mushishi
2006 : Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Death Note, NHK ni Youkoso!, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Gintama, Kanon. Truly a great year for Japanimation, bringing us Haruhi.
2007 : Darker Than Black, Nodame Cantabile, Clannad, Baccano
2008 : Kaiba, Natsume Yuujinchou, Kurenai, Toradora, Casshern Sins
2009 : Bakemonogatari, Kemono no Souja Erin
2010 : Katanagatari, The Tatami Galaxy, Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, Durarara!!
2011 : Mawaru Penguindrum, Usagi Drop, Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter
2012 : JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Uchuu Kyoudai, Kuroko no Basket
2013 : Shinsekai Yori, Gin no Saji, Uchouten Kazoku, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, Golden Time, Ace of Diamond, Nagi no Asukara
>>
>>102215021
>Fuck 2001.
I never heard of this anime before.
>>
Wrong.

Best anime of the 21st century
冬 2000: おジャ魔女どれみ
春 2000: 陽だまりの木
夏 2000: BRIGADOON まりんとメラン
秋 2000: アルジェント ソーマ
全年 2000: カードキャプターさくら 2
冬 2001: サラリーマン金太郎
春 2001: エンジェリックレイヤー
夏 2001: フルバ
秋 2001: まほろまてぃっく
全年 2001: 千年女優
冬 2002: ラーゼフォン
春 2002: あずまんが大王
夏 2002: プリンセスチュチュ
秋 2002: 攻殻機動隊SAC・花田少年史
全年 2002: パトレイバー3
冬 2003: 明日のナージャ
春 2003: デ・ジ・キャラットにょ
夏 2003: なし
秋 2003: ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ
全年 2003: 冬の日
冬 2004: マリみて
春 2004: 火の鳥
夏 2004: マリみて春
秋 2004: ファンタジックチルドレン
全年 2004: イノセンス
冬 2005: 苺ましまろ
春 2005: エマ
夏 2005: かみちゅ!
秋 2005: アリア
全年 2005: 苺ましまろ
冬 2006: ふたりはプリキュア Splash Star
春 2006: ブラック・ジャック21
夏 2006: NHKによこそう
秋 2006: バーテンダー
全年 2006: 鉄コン筋クリート
冬 2007: GR ジャイアントロボ
春 2007:電脳コイル
夏 2007: 鉄子の旅
秋 2007: 子供の時間
全年 2007: カフカ 田舎医者
>>
File: 1383926975948.jpg (29.97 KB, 640x432)
29.97 KB
29.97 KB JPG
>>102215021
>Kuroko no Basket
>>
>>102215148
冬 2008: 俗さよなら絶望先生
春 2008: カイバ
夏 2008: 夏目友人長
秋 2008: イナズマイレブン
全年 2008: つみきのいえ
冬 2009: 獣の奏者
春 2009: 咲
夏 2009: 化物語
秋 2009: 空中ブランコ
全年 2009: マイマイ新子と千年の魔法
冬 2010: ハートキャッチプリキュア!
春 2010: K-On!!
夏 2010: ストライクウィッチーズ 2
秋 2010: ミルキィホームズ
全年 2010: カラフル
冬 2011: まどマギ
春 2011: 昭和物語
夏 2011: うさぎドロップ
秋 2011: gdgd妖精s
全年 2011: まどマギ
冬 2012: 京騒戯画
春 2012: 氷菓
夏 2012: じょしらく
秋 2012: ひだまりスケッチxハニカム
全年 2012: 虹色ほたる~永遠の夏休み~
冬 2013: ヤマノススメ
春 2013: 翠星のガルガンティア
夏 2013: 銀の匙
秋 2013: のんのんびより
全年 2013: 風たちぬ
冬 2014: ハピネスチャージプリキュア!

If you can't read it your opinion is irrelevant
>>
>>102215205
>no HxH on 2011
put that list in your ass
>>
>>102215205
There's a lot of crappy anime, though.
>>102215203
2012 wasn't really a great year for japanimation so you shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>102215205
>全年 2013: 風たちぬ
>全年 2011: まどマギ
Wow, elevens have shit taste.
>>
>>102215305
>liking shonenshit
>>
>>102215021
>Hunter x Hunter
>Not Listed twice
Shit list also>>102215203
>>
>>102215021
>2006 : Eureka Seven, Gintama
Kill yourself.

>2003 : Texhnolyze, Full Metal Alchemist
>Not Wolf's Rain and Kino's Journey
Resuscitate yourself and then kill yourself again.
>>
I wanna watch fuck 2001
>>
>>102215361
>Not liking HxH

also
>HxH
>shonenshit
>>
>>102215021
>anime about nothing is AOTY
>>
>>102215394
I forgot to put Kino on the list. But Wolf's Rain doesn't deserve to be put on this list,
>>
>>102215526
>Wolf's Rain doesn't deserve to be put on this list
Sure it does. It's a shit ton better than half the horseshit you put on this list.
>>
>>102215021
Is Nodame Cantabile good? I caught the live action version by accident and fucking loved it.
>>
>>102215526
There are many shitty anime on your list, so I don't see the problem.
>>
File: 1389048316478.jpg (41.58 KB, 386x366)
41.58 KB
41.58 KB JPG
>>102215021
>Anime started in 1996
>>
>>102215021
2013 is missing Samurai Flamenco, OP.
>>
>>102215587
Wow, stop being that mad. Your favorite anime just clearly doesn't deserve to be put next to Texhnolyze.
>>
>>102215205
if you can't type english your opinion is irrelevant
>>
File: ,2,1.jpg (77.45 KB, 457x381)
77.45 KB
77.45 KB JPG
>>102215205
>2013: のんのんびより
I can't believe that's considered AOTY.
>>
>>102215691
But it deserves to be put next to Yahari, Fate/Zero and similar crap.
>>
>>102215691
>>102215756
Texhnolyze is overrated hipstershit much in the same way Lain and Mononoke is.
>>
Honey and clover, Nodame cantabile
>>
2001 had Hare+Guu
>>
>>102215021
>2007
No TTGL
>>
>>102215740
Learn to read moonspeak, tripfriend
>>
File: 1386610284873.png (630.32 KB, 638x566)
630.32 KB
630.32 KB PNG
>>102215021
>FMA 2003
>No Brotherhood
>>
>>102215691
And Eureka Seven doesn't deserve to be put near Haruhi, Death Note, NHK, Geass, and Kanon. Deal with it.
>>
>>102215756
>Fate/Zero
Is good but the fanbase is bad. Give it another try
>>
NGE most overrated anime ever
Take off your nostalgia glasses faggots
>>
File: logh_self_parody.jpg (47.42 KB, 640x480)
47.42 KB
47.42 KB JPG
OP, you seem to be missing some glaring omissions. I'll help you out.

Gurren Lagann, Shingeki no Kyokin, Madoka Magica, Redline, Eureka Seven, Kino no Tabi, and several Satoshi Kon films.

No need to thank me.
>>
>>102215756
I just put on the list what I thought were the best 2013 anime. I'm not saying they were good, I'm saying that they were the best anime in a shitty year like 2013. But the level in 2003 was way too high for Wolf's Rain to be considered one of the best.
>>
>>102215886
I finished it. It's not good.
>>
>>102215952
All of those save for Redline and Kino are shit.
>>
>>102215867
>2010 : FMA: Brotherhood
You can read, right?
>>
>>102215996
Redline is also shit, don't delude yourself.
>>
>>102215756
You guys are just mad because I got the better taste. You refuse to admit that what I like is possibly the best thing to come out of last decade. Suck it.
>>
>>102215952
I did not put any movie on the list on purpose, but thanks. I put Eureka Seven on the list, and forgot Kino no Tabi. As for Madoka Magica, I think it is overrated and I found the characters in Shingeki no Kyojin way too blank, and I think it ruined the anime.
>>
>>102215952
>several Satoshi Kon films.
And Ghibli. And plenty of other films - be it shorts of feature length.
>>
>>102216074
The digital era really has a bunch of great films even if TV anime and OVAs aren't what they used to be
>>
>>102215952
>Gurren Lagann, Shingeki no Kyokin, Madoka Magica, Redline, Eureka Seven, Kino no Tabi, and several Satoshi Kon films.
TTGL is fine
SnK is pretty meh
Madoka is shit
Redline is good
Eureka Seven is mostly mediocre
Kino is good
Satoshi is always good
>>
>>102215021
>2011
>No Madoka.
>>
>>102216159
>Madoka
>good
>>
>>102215867
2003 superior to mangaexcluding very very ending
>>
>>102215021
2006 is the exact year where anime became shit.
>>
>>102216225
And JoJo is good? Or Fate Zero? Or Kuroko no Basket? Please.
>>
>>102216154
>Eureka Seven is mostly mediocre
>Mostly
The whole damn thing is mediocre shit.
>>
>>102216296
Jojo was very entertaining atleast.
F/Z and Kuroko are just fujoshishit. Madoka is neckbeard shit.
>>
>>102215021
>No psg
fag
>>
>>102215021
Your list is pretty much shit.
>>
>>102216296
JoJo has an awesome realisation, likeable characters, great OSTs and an excellent pacing. Fate/Zero has stunning visuals, and an excellent backstory. Kuroko no Basket has great action scenes.
>>
>>102215021
Wheres Outlaw Star?
>>
File: 1392414562739.jpg (108.56 KB, 1280x720)
108.56 KB
108.56 KB JPG
>>102215021
>No Kill la kill
>>
>>102216534
Nobody will remember this in 1 year
>>
>>102216534
Why should he add Kill la Kill? It has nothing great.
>>102216363
Same shit.
>>
>>102216624
Most of /a/ has already forgotten it and it hasn't even finished yet
>>
Yahari and Fate/Zero are great and memorable shows.
>>
>>102216534
>Kill la Kill
>good
>>
I just spent my whole day watching Shinsekai Yori, from beginning to end.

Jesus, I didn't expect it would be so engaging. Not "engaging like a drug", but I genuinely wanted to watch the next episode right away.
There were a couple of things I called KIROMARU, NOOOOOOO and also "the rats are actually humans" but it was still nice.
>>
>>102216360
Nah, Jojo was old fashioned generic shit.
>>
>>102216645
It was a mix of different art-styles with a great soundtrack and was also a great comedy
suck my fat dick
>>
>>102216154
Back to /v/, son. Stop pretending like you've even watched half of those. You just wanted an excuse to attack Madoka because you're a faggot.

Madoka belongs on that list far more than Fate/Zero does. Fate/Zero was shit, Saber was the only thing that made it borderline watchable.
>>
File: 1392585897687.gif (1.73 MB, 640x360)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB GIF
>>102216624
Name another anime EPISODE that got a sticky this year.
>>
>not even one mention of Nichijou
>no NNB in OPs list

Why even make this thread OP?
>>
>>102216693
Never meant to do a "great" and "memorable" shows list. I just wanted to do a "best anime from each year" list. Since 2013 is a shitty year, you fags shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>102216770
>Back to /v/, son. Stop pretending like you've even watched half of those
>Saber was the only thing that made it borderline watchable.
>Saber

Looks like you need to leave.
Also: I never said F/Z deserves to be on the list.
>>
>>102216770
Madoka is overrated trash while Fate/Zero is great!
>>
>>102215021
>2010
>No Steins;Gate

Why?
>>
>>102215021
>Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

I can forgive the rest of the shit taste, but that's just too much.
>>
>>102216360
>unironically saying "neckbeard shit" as an insult
So you're a normalfag who hates it? That means it's probably good.

I have a question though: why would you discredit your opinion by openly behaving like a normalfag from /v/?
>>
>>102216770

They're both urobutcher, anon.
Fate/Zero just has the advantage of being in a much more interesting universe.
>>
>people actually think Madoka is good

My sides are in orbit
>>
>>102216229
top kek
>>
>>102216771
And? we can have a plenty of stickys for 1 anime because we're in february and that doesn't mean shit
>>
>>102216847
Cause it wasn't good enough to be next to Mawaru Penguindrum.
>>
>>102216855
>So you're a normalfag who hates it?
No, i am not a normalfag and don't browse /v/.

You are just retarded if you think that a show with that much pandering like Madoka can be consideres good.
>>
>>102216847

because the VN was better.
>>
>>102215021
>2013
>no Samurai Flamenco
>>
>>102216864
>They're both urobutcher, anon.
So? Fate/Zero is a typical one of his works (utter shit) and Madoka (the original series) ended up being good.
>>
fuck off with the rec thread
>>
>>102216947
>e because we're in february and that doesn't mean shit
>>>
> Anonymous 02/16/14(Sun)23:35 UTC No.102216947
>>>102216847 (You)
>Cause it wasn't good enough to be next to Mawaru Penguindrum.

But both FMA's make the list? especially the first one

Kek
>>
>>102216771
>EPISODE
Wait wait. I missed this?
I only knew about the strawpoll sticky.
>>
>>102216933
>For 1 anime
Indeed, but not a single episode. Even now the board is still being flooded with KLK threads even more than Space Dandy (the most hyped anime this season).
>>
File: 1374883414462.jpg (447.98 KB, 3840x2160)
447.98 KB
447.98 KB JPG
>>102216997
>Madoka (the original series) ended up being good.
>>
>>102216997

But Madoka wasn't good.
It was predictable trite that everyone pretended to be surprised by.
>>
>>102216847
Steins;Gate is awful. Like, REALLY awful. More like Shits;Gay.
>>
File: 1377362870825.gif (135.99 KB, 720x405)
135.99 KB
135.99 KB GIF
Really Golden Time and Yahari over Non Non Biyori and Kiniro Mosaic?
>>
>>102216997
>Fate/Zero is a typical one of his works
>people STILL think Urobutcher created F/Z
>>
>>102216884
The only people who think Madoka is bad are people who unironically use the insult "neckbeard shit". Don't associate yourself with them; this isn't /v/.
>>
>>102217133
>everyone who hates my favorite lesbian mahou shoujo show is from /v/
>>
>>102217048
And? like i said that doesn't mean shit, nobody will remember KlK in 1 year.
>>
>>102217035
Episode 18 with 5000+ posts
>>
>>102216963
Everything panders. Everything wants to have aspects that the audience likes. Nothing aims to be unliked. Stop talking out of your ass in an attempt to seem objective. You're appearing even more retarded now than you were in your first post.
>>
>>102217215
Goddamn, I missed it then.
/a/ is just tsundere for KLK.
>>
>>102215021
>this comprehensively shit list
holy crap, kill yourself OP.
>>
>>102217133
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>102217057
>It was predictable trite
No it wasn't. You're free to look in the archives. /a/ had so many theories that they couldn't even be kept track of, and not one of them predicted the twist correctly.
>>
Anonymous Wed Feb 12 2014 00:57:05 No.101925140 ViewReport
Madoka is shit.
This is NOT an opinion. This is a FACT.

Let me explain why:

1) The characters

Nothing special. Classic stereotypes which pander to the shitty otaku taste. Madoka the useless, Homu the first badass - Later cute and innocent, Mami the tits, Sayaka the justice who fails and makes you want to protect her and Kyouko the homo you would like to comfort.

2) The direction

Shinbo really went ALL-IN here.
Trrying really hard to put all kind of shit on the screen to make it look special. Too bad it fails most of the time because it just has no meaning and distracts from the plot.

3) The writing;

Grimderp Mahou Shoujo version Nr.15636. CCS and Sailor Moon did all of that before and better. The show tries really hard with the big moments in episode 3, 10 and 12. Too bad everything besides that was mostly boring.

Overall rating: 3/10
The anime gets some points for hitting the right notes at some points but that's it. With the direction either being hit or miss and the characters being standard i cannot allow to rate this show even average.

It sure is a show that is worth watching for the big moments and for the interesting but bad combination of Gen Urobuchi writing and retarded Shinbo direction but that's it.
>>
File: 1362709002434.jpg (56.27 KB, 427x431)
56.27 KB
56.27 KB JPG
>>102217068

Wow. Haven't heard that one before. Nice.
>>
>>102215838
>Non non byori
>AOTY
My point stands faggot.
>>
>>102215952
>SnK
Way to shit up a perfectly acceptable post.
>>
>>102217213
I'm sure people said the same thing about Madoka, and if we are just looking for shows that will be remembered then why isn't Aku no hana on there?
>>
2010: Sora no Woto
>>
>>102217183
Yes. It's fairly evident, and becomes more and more evident in every thread like this.
>>
>>102217313
It doesn't say that
>>
>>102217355
Oh yes
>>
>>102217314
Not even going to read it, but your reason for it being shit is that it's nothing special?

Next time, don't copypaste a post that's pure hyperbole. It's pathetic that you can't even write your own posts.
>>
>>102216748
I didn't know someone could be this retarded.
>>
>>102217296

I predicted magical girls = witches the minute Mami showed that some sort of darkness clouds up the soul gem.
>>
>2003: Cromartie Highschool, Full Metal Panic?, Gunslinger Girl, Kino's Journey, Planetes, R.O.D, Wolf's Rain
>2006: NHK, Geass
>2013: Koimonogatari, Kyousougiga, Non Non Biyori, Gatchaman Crowds
FTFY.
>>
>>102217314
This is satire, right? You call it shit and then you recommend that it's worth watching.
>>
File: 1385413672305.gif (1.89 MB, 672x378)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>102217313
Well its hardly surprising someone like yourself would complain over that, It was widely agreed NNB is AOTY.

Accept it already.
>>
>>102217360
The only fairly evident thing about Madoka is that its fans are either male and pretty hairy or female and fat and from tumblr.

See: Every Madoka thread or the waifu threads.
>>
>>102217341
Yes, and nobody remember madoka aside of his obnoxious fanbase or shaftags
>>
File: 1391983401342.png (40.18 KB, 137x243)
40.18 KB
40.18 KB PNG
>>102217314
>This is NOT an opinion. This is a FACT.
>>
>>102215021
>no Kaiji and Akagi
>SSY is good but P-P isn't
>implying bakemonogatari is gud
>no Tetsuya for 2001

Seppuku. Right now.
>>
>>102217475
>samefaggs spamming " AOTY"
>widel agreed

Fuck off, lelouch.
>>
>>102217463
And I predicted you would post that you predicted it. Your move, atheist.
>>
>>102217464
I did ask for you faggots to complete the list, didn't I? No need to get all butthurt because some anime are missing.
>>
>>102217474
People recommend Bible Black all the time for exactly that reason.
>>
>>102217525
>>SSY is good but P-P isn't
SSY is much, much better though.
>>
>>102217548

I also saw several posters predict that soul gems were phylacteries.
>>
>>102217463
Okay. That's not the twist that made the show special. It wasn't a big enough deal to even be regarded as a twist. When people refer to the twist they usually talk about episode 10.
>>
>someone makes a thread about good anime
>Madotards show up and ruin it

Every single time.
>>
>>102217548
Why is it we got this huge influx of clairvoyant anons in April 2011? Awful convenient timing, don't you think?
>>
1993: The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Also, fuck everyone typing in Japanese, if I wanted to discuss anime in Japanese, I'd go to 2chan.
>>
File: 2013_anime.png (888.15 KB, 920x920)
888.15 KB
888.15 KB PNG
I made a 3x3 for my favorite 2013 anime.
I have incomplete ones for 2012 and 2011 too.
Shit, maybe I have too much free time.
>>
>>102217475
Gross, dude.
>>
>>102217487
>See: Every Madoka thread or the waifu threads.
I'm trying to refrain judgement here because I may have misinterpreted, but are you telling me you're a 3D lover? I'm starting to believe you're a half-assed reverse troll trying to make the Madoka haters look like normalfag idiots.
>>
>>102215021
Swap Kurokoshit with Hyouka
>>
>>102217596
Nope. Well, maybe if you're homosexual.
>>
>>102217713
>but are you telling me you're a 3D lover?
How did you interpret that out of that post?
>>
>>102217697
Bretty gud. Did not like GJ-Bu but bretty gud.
>>
>2007
>no Dennou Coil

Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>102217613

That wasn't a twist, that was plot progression.
>>
>>102217488
>Everybody who remembers Madoka likes it
That's pretty good, then, considering how huge of a fanbase it has. I fail to see how that's an insult.
>>
Fixing the list

1996 : Neon Genesis Evangelion
1997 : Shoujo Kakumei Utena
1998 : Serial Experiments Lain, Trigun
1999 : Cowboy Bebop, Great Teacher Onizuka, The Big O
2000 : Boogiepop Phantom, FLCL, Hajime no Ippo
2001 : Fuck 2001.
2002 : Haibane Ranmei, Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell : SAC
2003 : Texhnolyze, Full Metal Alchemist
2004 : Monster, Major, Paranoia Agent
2005 : Aria The Animation, Mushishi
2006 : Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Death Note, NHK ni Youkoso!, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Gintama, Kanon. Truly a great year for Japanimation, bringing us Haruhi.
2007 : Darker Than Black, Nodame Cantabile, Clannad, Baccano, TTGL
2008 : Kaiba, Natsume Yuujinchou, Kurenai, Toradora, Casshern Sins
2009 : Bakemonogatari, Kemono no Souja Erin
2010 : Katanagatari, The Tatami Galaxy, Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, Sora no Woto, Panty and Stocking
2011 : Mawaru Penguindrum, Usagi Drop, Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter
2012 : JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Uchuu Kyoudai, Kuroko no Basket
2013 : Shinsekai Yori, Uchouten Kazoku, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, Nagi no Asukara, Kill la Kill
>>
>2013
>no Space Dandy
You fucked up son.
>>
>>102217752
>homosexuals
>giving a shit about SSY

Fujos love Psycho Pass.
>>
>>102217624
It wasn't about good anime. If it was about good anime, OP would have included Madoka.
>>
>>102217464
>FMP
>AOTY

No.
>>
>>102215021
>immense fucking bias for recent years

Suck a fucking dick newshit
>>
>>102217806
Now you only made this list even worse.
>>
>>102217606
And I saw posts predicting Hachiman's get.

>>102217637
計画通り
>>
>>102217775
It's too deep.
>>
>>102217749
>Hyouka
>badly written characters personalities, badly written character relationships, generic characters, generic highschool setting, boring story, boring conclusion
don't be mad I didn't add it to the list
>>
>>102217752
Only a retard with his tongue far up Gen's ass would think PP is anything but shit.
>>
>>102217807
You are in the wrong thread, buddy.

This is for the best anime, not the worst.
>>
>>102217668
1993 confirmed for best year
>>
>>102217768
Because it seemed to me like you were trying to insult Madoka fans for having waifus. I'm glad I was wrong.
>>
>>102217841
>the show is gay
>99% of the discussion starts with "WOW WHY IS EVERYONE GAY?" and goes on about homosex
>"gays don't care about this show guys pls believe me!"

Uh-huh.

>>102217904
Great argument.
>>
1996 : It's shit
1997 : It's shit
1998 : It's shit
1999 : It's shit
2000 : It's shit
2001 : It's shit
2002 : It's shit
2003 : It's shit
2004 : It's shit
2005 : It's shit
2006 : It's shit
2007 : It's shit
2008 : It's shit
2009 : It's shit
2010 : It's shit
2011 : Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2012 : Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Beginnings, Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Eternal
2013 : Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: RebellionPuella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Eternal
>>
>>102217968
There is no argument needed to conclude that anything Gen shits out is a giant turd shit eater.
>>
>>102215791
how is it overrated if nobody has even heard of it.
>>
>>102217806
It's not fixed unless Madoka is the sole show in 2011.
>>102217637
Because everything seems predictable after you've already seen it. They basically think, "well it's possible that I could've guessed it correctly, so I might as well say I did"
>>
>no Hyouge Mono

top tier list
>>
>>102218022
Damn. Can't Madokafags stop being so disgusting? I mean, liking Madoka is totally okay, but seriously thinking it is the best anime ever is no more than a delusion, or a lack of culture.
>>
>>102218066
Well, overrated on /a/, anyway.
>>
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=40153510
madoka a shit
>>
>>102218066
A lot of hipstershit shows are actually really well-known and talked about all the time but it's vital to their fans self-image to think that they aren't. Texhnolyze, Kino, Mushishi, these three are perfect examples
>>
>>102218022
This is can agree with. Just add Clannad AS in 2009.
>>
File: 1392416111385.png (151.17 KB, 558x382)
151.17 KB
151.17 KB PNG
>No Shingeki no Kyoujin (2013)
>No Nisemonogatari (2012)
>No Monogatari season 2 (2013/2014)
>No Madoka + movies (2013)
Hipster pls

Now for some hidden gems:
>No Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (2013)
>No Tsuritama (2013)
>No Gatchaman CROWDS (2013)
>No Gundam Unicorn
>No Gundam Build fighters (2013/2014)
>No Kill la Kill (2013/2014)
>No Little witch Academia (2013)
>No Infernan Copu (2013)
>No Garden of words (2013)
>No Space Dandy (2014)
>No Psycho pass (2013)
>>
>reccomendation thread
>>
>>102218100
Madoka isn't even close to Mawaru Penguindrum, which has a great message, similar to Utena.
>>
>>102218165
>SD
>SlS
>hidden gem
>>
>>102218165
>any of those
>"hidden"
>"gems"
>>
>>102218165
I forgot
>No Free! (2013)
>>
>>102218137
You must be retarded if Madoka isn't on your list of top 5 anime you've seen.
>>
>>102217853
>2003: Cromartie Highschool, Gunslinger Girl, Kino's Journey, Planetes, R.O.D, Wolf's Rain
>2006: NHK, Geass
>2010: DRRR!!, PSG
>2013: Koimonogatari, Kyousougiga, Non Non Biyori, Gatchaman Crowds
Better?
>>
>>102218165
>Now for some hidden gems:
>No Space Dandy (2014)

Fuck

off
>>
>>102218190
I got so much from this thread, thanks /a/. This is the only way to find obscure anime without breaking rules.
>>
>>102218165
Start watching anime before 2012 new friend
>>
>>102218195
Penguindum is shit. You probably unironically like TTG as well. Just stop posting before you embarrass yourself further. Please. You'll thank me in a few years when you remember how idiotic you sound right now.
>>
>>102218165
Madoka and SnK are shit.

Those aren't hidden gems, they're just gems.
>>
>>102218242
Nah, it got shittier. OP at least has good taste in older anime.
>>
>>102218241
Madoka is the best and more influential anime ever created.
>>
>>102218022
Stop being a douche.

Now, I love Madoka, but some of its fans are complete tools. You're just proving that.
>>
>>102217624
Universally recognized classic in Japan somehow isn't even on the level of 2deep Mawaru or Low budget shounen.
>>
File: 1389072766589.jpg (78.28 KB, 637x476)
78.28 KB
78.28 KB JPG
>>102218311
>Angry at someones opinion
>i-i'll just call him new!
>>
>>102218329
Gen Urobuchi is the Alfred Hitchcock of Japan. A true genius film maker.
>>
>>102218391
>classic
>from 2011
>>
>>102218137
>>102218161
>>102218358
Are you faggots literally retarded? That is clearly someone who hates Madoka.
>>
>>102218324

SnK wasn't that bad.
I honestly feel like /a/ was enjoying it immensely until the tumblr crowd found it too. Then it became GATEWAY ANIME OF THE WORST KIND mark six million.
>>
>>102217624
>someone's good anime is utter shit
>wonders why people come to his thread to fuck it up
>>
>>102218316
I don't like TTGL, and I didn't put it on the list. Please don't make assumptions out of the blue in a ridiculous attempt to decredibilise me.
>>
>>102218459
I suppose so, but just it's still highly overrated. It's not quite Naruto tier shit, though the fanbase sure is.
>>
>>102218325
Good taste? Are you fucking shitting me? His list ranges from overrated shit to just plain shit.
>>
>>102218459
/a/ still enjoys it.
>>
>>102217697
My 2011 list:
Penguindrum, Chihayafuru, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, Hanasaku Iroha, Usagi Drop, Ano Hana, Tamayura ~hitotose~
My 2012 list:
Fate/Zero 2, Girls und Panzer, Yuru Yuri 2, Jinrui, HidaSketch 4, Kids on the Slope, Hyouka, Shinsekai Yori, Nisemonogatari
>>
>>102218456
Yes it is that famous and successful, the box office has clearly proved its enduring power. It started out as a 12 episode anime and has achieved more than what Haruhi or Geass did.
>>
>>102218457
Let him be, he hates an all female cast.
>>
>>102218546
I'd seriously like to hear which shows are overrated, and why.
>>
>>102218576
>and has achieved more than what Haruhi or Geass did.

Hahah. Holy shit, stop shitposting anytime.
>>
It actually makes me nauseous whenever someone deems E7 "Best anime of ____"
>>
>>102218623
More sales, more merchandise sold, higher box office, more awards, more discussion.
End yourself retard.
>>
>>102218610
It's called shitposting.
>>
>>102218684
>more merchandise sold, higher box office, more awards, more discussion.
But that's wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>102218576
The movies may have outsold Haruhi, but it is nowhere near as influent as Tanigawa's oeuvre.
>>
File: 1392495614705.png (46.18 KB, 174x238)
46.18 KB
46.18 KB PNG
>>102218165
Best taste in this thread.
>>
>>102218623
I haven't seen and won't see CG so I can't speak about it, but what did Haruhi even achieve of significance? Madoka easily shits on it on any field.
>>
>>102218714
[citation needed]
>>
>>102218165
>>102218741
Your samefagging is too easy to spot. Lurk more.
>>
>>102218610
All overrated shit, be it in /a/ or out:
>NGE
>Cowboy Bebop
>Hajime no Ippo
>Texhnolyze
>FMA
>Monster
>Mushishi
>Death Note
>Code Geass
>Eureka Seven
>Gintama
>Toradora
>Tatami Galazy
>FMA: B
>JoJo
>Kuroko
>SSY
>Gin no Saji
>Golden Time
>Nagi no Asukara
>>
>>102218165
>Unicorn
>GBF
>3 fucking le ebin trigger shows
>Space Dandy

Stop.
>>
>>102218753
>I haven't seen and won't see CG so I can't speak about it

Well there you have it, you should stop.
>>
>>102218486
Oh god. You have such a low powerlevel you don't even know what TTG is. This is great. You have to be a reverse troll at this point. There's no way you're this stupid even if you do hate Madoka.
>>
>>102218714
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/madoka-magica-anime-earns-over-40-billion-yen-in-goods
70K+ average per volume
Highest box office in late night anime history
Slamming most awards in 2011
More threads on 2ch than Haruhi and Geass combined.
>>
>>102218753
Haruhi introduced most of today's SOL tropes, and popularized the LN adapted anime. Without Haruhi, things like Spice & Wolf or Kemono no Souja Erin would never have been adapted.
>>
>>102218852
>More threads on 2ch than Haruhi and Geass combined.
>2ch
>giving a shit about japanese Reddit
>>
File: 1390611827673.png (132.11 KB, 249x315)
132.11 KB
132.11 KB PNG
>>102218852
Don't bother arguing with the haters.
They're just jealous.
>>
>>102218801
But a lot of those are overrated
Like NGE,Death noto, CG
>>
>>102218891
>2ch
>REDDIT
I know you are baiting, but at least be more professional
>>
>>102218835
I haven't seen it but I know some things about it, hence why I'm not going to watch it. It's pretty stupid. The fact that I haven't seen it changes nothing anyway.

>>102218889
>Without Haruhi, things like Spice & Wolf or Kemono no Souja Erin would never have been adapted.
Wow, big fucking deal.
>>
>>102218931
>All overrated shit, be it in /a/ or out
>All overrated shit, be it in /a/ or out
>All overrated shit, be it in /a/ or out
>>
>>102218801
Yeah, it's easy to list what you think is overrated, but as I said, I also want to hear why it is overrated. Let's start with Texhnolyze. Why is Texhnolyze overrated?
>>
>>102218938
A lot of morons on /a/ actually believe that though. 95%+ odds he's serious
>>
>>102218931
That's what he was saying dumbshit.
>>
>>102218623
You may want to look at its sales. Either merch or BDs. Madoka raped them both.
>>
>>102218922
Why are you requesting /v/ shit in the drawfag thread?
>>
>>102218972
>Why is Texhnolyze overrated
It's overrated on /a/ at least. It's not bad, but it's not "OMG SUCH MASTERPIECE", like most people on here claim. Really this same answer applies to nearly every one of them, except some of them actually are bad.
>>
>>102218958
Yeah, and that counts for every LN adaptation after Haruhi. Now, tell me which anime has Madoka influenced?
>>
>>102218801
>not leaving Monster out of the list
pls

Other than that the list includes some shows that I don't think are shit but that I won't disagree about being overrated, except for JoJo. No one's overrating it, the fanbase liked it because it's a great adaptation of the manga, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>102218891
Even if you are stupid enough to believe what you posted, you can ignore the 2ch part and still look at the other objectively correct facts in the post you replied to:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/madoka-magica-anime-earns-over-40-billion-yen-in-goods
70K+ average per volume
Highest box office in late night anime history
Slamming most awards in 2011
>>
>>102219068
Dude, I'm asking why it is overrated, I'm asking you to explain why it is not a masterpiece.
>>
>>102219104
>Yeah, and that counts for every LN adaptation after Haruhi.
Pure conjecture. Another LN would have gotten animated and caused other LNs to be adapted. You literally have 0 basis for claiming LN adaptations exist thanks to Haruhi.
>>
>>102219162
Because I am an autist who is upset that you don't like my favorite anime. That no one likes my favorite anime.

At least I'm being honest. Honesty is the best policy.
>>
>>102219154
>70K+ average per volume
Bake sold more
>Highest box office in late night anime history
Only because EVA is full movie format now
>most awards
Shrek won an Oscar as well. Why do you give a shit about what normalfags think?
>>
>>102219154
>40 billion yen
What the fuck
>>
>>102219273
All this tryhard
>>
>>102219222
I actually do. Before Haruhi, only a few LN got animated(Kino's Journey, Slayers) but the LN adaptations' boom really started after Haruhi became one of the most successful anime ever made.
>>
>>102219273
>Shrek won an Oscar as well
I see no problem whatsoever.
>>
>>102218889
>Haruhi introduced most of today's SOL tropes
pfft. If Azumanga didn't have that terrible early 00s digital color it would be indistinguishable from any high school SOL today
>and popularized LN adapted anime
Popularized shitty LN anime, maybe, but goods one were already being made over a decade earlier
>>
>>102219104
I can name three things.
> Urobuchi Gen now gets one or two original anime projects per year.
> SHAFT now no longer gets picked to do any minor quirky properties but instead is stuffed full of sequels and now KagePro and WSJshit.
> Bunch of lame anime clearly inspired by it like Vividpants and Daybreak Illusion.
>>
>>102219222
I agree with this. If it wasn't Haruhi something else would've done it.

Regardless, without popularising LN adaptations we probably wouldn't have half the shit that we have these days. We'd be without Accelworld and SAO for example, and that'd be far better.
>>
>>102218852
>More threads on 2ch than Haruhi and Geass combined.

2ch has a much larger userbase now than it did when Geass and Haruhi was airing, and the fat, autistic, otaku on that site are the people that buy 10 copies of the same volume of the same show.

Also, sales aren't a good way to determine popularity. You have to look at the big picture, Geass and Haruhi is are more popular and influential than Madoka will ever be. Madoka is a trend that is creating a similar spark to Evangelion, the only differences being that Madoka will never be near as popular as Evangelion, nor as influential. The award it won were given to it by that same small, yet vocal fandom. Nobody else gives a shit about it.

A bunch of rabid otaku bought tons of merchandise for a show you like? Great. I'm happy for you. But to openly think that Madoka will ever achieve the same feats as Geass or Haruhi is just asinine.

A single group of people spending all their money on one fandom does not mean it is more popular than series where the fandom is spread out to a more common denominator.

I like Madoka, it was a 8/10 show. But to seriously think it was a masterpiece, is just plain delusional.
>>
>>102219312
The only tryhards here are the Madokafags who think their shit show is relevant.
>>
>>102219273
>Only because EVA is full movie format now
No you fucking retard, EVA was prime time 7PM anime.
Madoka is a 2AM anime.
Madoka is absolutely the most successful late night anime of all time.
>>
>>102219273
>Only because EVA is full movie format now
Eva aired during the day. There was no late night anime in 1995
>>
>>102219372
>Madoka is the most successful anime of all time in the dead timeslot.
>>
>>102215021

I pretty much agree with Op's post (with the exception of Haruhi) but...

is anybody else surprised by the massive drop in quality post-2008? What went wrong? Everything became either harem, moe or shonen-shit. I'm guessing in the future the early 90's to late 2000's will be remembered as the Golden Age of Anime.
>>
The Persona 3 movie is now doing better than Madoka Rebellion.
>>
>>102219443
It
Sells
A
Shit
Ton
>>
>>102219332
But if Haruhi wasn't made, another LN would have been adapted and gotten very successful and resulted in the same thing.
Like I said, absolutely no basis. Besides the LN adaptation boom resulted in a couple good productions alongside tons of shitty ones. Hardly a result that can be called good.
>>
>>102219565

Capitalism and greed ruined anime, so Miyazaki was right in a way.
>>
>>102219068
>It's not bad, but it's not "OMG SUCH MASTERPIECE", like most people on here claim.
The only thing most people here claim is that it shattered our souls watching it.
I'm prone to depression, but I still remember the next few days after I finished Texhnolyze as a point in my life where my spirit was at its lowest.
>>
File: 1392000873945.png (2.39 MB, 1280x1426)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
>>102219443
>Jojo pt 3
>Sailor moon remake
>Legend of the fucking galactic heroes new anime
>Gundam the orgin
We are living in the Golden Age of anime friend.
>>
>>102219370
>The award it won were given to it by that same small, yet vocal fandom
>15th Japanese media arts festival
>Same small yet vocal
I am not talking about 2ch fan awards you mongoloid.

>Geass and Haruhi is are more popular and influential than Madoka will ever be
What the fuck are you on? Geass is nowhere near as popular as Madoka is in Japan. The whatever episodes of Akito can have their box offices combined and still annihilated by Madoka. Haruhi is popular, half of it attributed to the LN. Not that Madoka can't smash it in most metrics anyways.

>A single group of people spending all their money on one fandom does not mean it is more popular than series where the fandom is spread out to a more common denominator.
Your citation? What makes you think that Haruhi doesn't have rabid otaku that buys 10 copies? Geass is normalfag, but Madoka even has 2 hour daytime broadcasts on TV 2 years after it aired. It has reached a far wider audience Geass could have hoped.
>>
>>102219434
99% of anime people discuss and watch on /a/ are from late night.
Daytime anime involves two types
Shounen
Shinchan, Precure, the same series for years and years and years.
>>
>>102219778
>Geass is nowhere near as popular as Madoka is in Japan

This is wrong. Madoka is new and just more relevant. Geass is a name that is known even to people who don't watch anime. Same with Haruhi.

Face it, Madoka is only popular with fat. neckbeard otaku.

You're basing its popularity off a trend that you know just as well as I do, wont hold up as long as Geass and Haruhi still are.

I know you're shitposting, and I took the bait, so I'll give you that much credit.
>>
>>102219755

>Jojo

Fairly enjoyble but hardly a masterpeice of animation or good plot.

>Sailor moon remake

For what purpose? The original series acheived its purpose (first anime female superheroine) and has become iconic. This reeks of Hollywood remake syndrome.

>Legend of the fucking galactic heroes new anime

Same as above, highly scepical about how it
will turn out.

>Gundam the orgin

Sounds good but may be complete shit,have no way of judging without seeing first.
>>
>>102220088
>Geass is a name that is known even to people who don't watch anime.
Yeah, just like my name.
>>
>>102219755
> reasons not to kill yourself in 2014
Mushishi S2
Fate/Stay Night by ufotable
Sailor Moon Remake
Yuru Yuri S3
Gundam The Origin
New Haruhi anime
New Yuasa anime (Ping Pong)
New Ikuhara anime (Yuri Kuma Arashi)
Remake of Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Knights of Sidonia anime
Nanoha movie with all-new story
Madoka Rebellion BD
Hanamonogatari
Gatchaman Crowds sequel
and many others
>>
>>102219778
>The whatever episodes of Akito can have their box offices combined and still annihilated by Madoka. Haruhi is popular, half of it attributed to the LN. Not that Madoka can't smash it in most metrics anyways.

Just in case you don't realize the obvious, Akito is a glorified OVA with just 50 minutes of content and an almost completely different cast (a couple of throwaway cameos in episode 2 aside, since the old characters didn't do anything yet).

If they actually made a full-length Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellio film retelling the story with newly animated and such, like what happened with Madoka, then you'd have a fairly valid point of comparison. It'd still be less popular than Madoka, by all means, but way more popular than Akito so the gap would be much narrower. Don't compare apples and oranges.
>>
>>102220164
At this point, I know I've won.

But I feel no satisfaction, because it was like arguing with with a wall.
>>
>>102219778
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya#Reception
>The first novel of the series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was awarded the Grand Prize in the eighth annual Sneaker Awards—only the third Grand Prize given out in the Award's history. The series has become a huge success for light novels in Japan, selling over 4,300,000 copies in September 2007 [47] and surpassed 8,000,000 copies when the tenth and eleventh volumes were released in May 2011 after the limited editions set a record 513,000 first pressing for light novels. The total sales for all versions of the light novels and manga volumes internationally has reached 16.5 million copies printed.[48]
>16.5 million copies

>The first two volumes had sold 70,000 and 90,000 units respectively as of August 2006.
>By the end of 2007 the seventh installment of the series sold 45,000 units

The movies may have outsold Haruhi, but the series are waaay behind.
>>
>>102220088
>Geass is a name that is known even to people who don't watch anime. Same with Haruhi.
>Face it, Madoka is only popular with fat. neckbeard otaku.
What the fuck? Have you ever been to Japan?
>>
>>102220232
Honestly you could've just stopped at Mushishi S2.

That's enough for me. As a self-proclaimed Madokafag and Yuasafag that's STILL enough for me.
>>
>>102220232
Sound more like a list of reasons to kill yourself in 2014
>>
Madoka is so damn big since it combines three different audience bases:

SHAFT/Shinbofags
Urobuchifags
Magicalgirlfags

The fact that it's good helps, of course, but you already have a wider net being cast from that structure alone.
>>
>>102220414
And edgyfags
and pretentiousfags
>>
>>102220272
>>Geass is a name that is known even to people who don't watch anime. Same with Haruhi.
>>Face it, Madoka is only popular with fat. neckbeard otaku.
>What the fuck? Have you ever been to Japan?

Yeah, he's full of it. That might have been true for a moment back in 2006-2008 but right now that's just a popular otaku property, not something with mainstream aspirations like Madoka or Attack on Titan (although they're still beneath Studio Ghilbi and Miyazaki's stuff).
>>
>>102220390
Then do us this favor and kill yourself
>>
>>102220532
Right after you
>>
>>102220153
>Fairly enjoyble but hardly a masterpeice of animation or good plot.
So what? JoJo is one of the top best adventure series Japan has ever created, and that's all it needs to be. Not everythig has to be 5trilliondeep4u, also you can't judge the animation quality of an anime that hasn't aired yet.

>For what purpose?
Old, and its social content isn't completely relevant for today. An updated version wouldn't be bad if they can make it with the spirit of the original.

>Same as above, highly scepical about how it will turn out.
Obviously, since the original is excellent. I haven't read the novels so I don't know if it's the same situation, but think about how many different adaptations Romance of the Three Kingdoms has got, it's not surprising for others to take a shot at LoGH if the novels are anything similar.

>Sounds good but may be complete shit,have no way of judging without seeing first.
We know that it's going to be better than 0079 (and than most of the rest of Gundam for that matter), because this time Amuro does not kill billions and has to fight alongside other units and actually use tactics and strategy. This is a gigantic leap forward for Gundam.
>>
File: triumph - yui.jpg (151.62 KB, 1280x720)
151.62 KB
151.62 KB JPG
>>102217225
well said
>>
>>102220265
Are you genuinely retarded? Madoka is not way behind, since LN and Manga retail for few hundred yen apiece. And retailers take a far bigger cut. Than they do with BD discs.

And you are seriously trying to compare the raw sales figures of a 12 episode anime with a 2 season anime + multi volume ultra popular LN?

The very fact that this comparison can be made is evident of Madoka's popularity.
And Madoka only aired in 2011, its merchandise sales are more than 4 billion and still alive and kicking, by the end of the decade we can know which one sold more.
>>
>>102217048
You realize that only happened so that the board wouldn't be flooded with threads due to the fanbase being so retarded right? Not a good sign.
>>
>>102220717
Those were only the sales of the first season, though.
>>
>>102220717
The best part is that he's comparing figures from the publisher with Oricon and Haruhi still falls short
>>
>>102220717
Are you retarded? Haruhi aired in 2006, it's not from this decade.
>>
>>102216989
Sadly it's going to be remembered as a genuinely good anime for only a tiny portion of the people that is watching it, because most of the others are idiots who don't even know what a plot twist is.
>>
>>102220733
That's because the episode was a big fucking deal.
>>
>>102220809
The first season had less average per volume than Madoka.
The second season had even less.
>>
File: gorugo.jpg (28.82 KB, 335x299)
28.82 KB
28.82 KB JPG
>>102220879
>>
>>102220879
Harurhi was written starting from 2003, we are comparing what a series can achieve in a decade.
If you just want to compare the anime then Haruhi is already annihilated.
>>
>>102220733
Sadly we are flooded anyway with KLK threads
>>
>>102220912
>been waiting for something to happen because the last 5 hyped up episodes contained nothing
>was just an expected plot twist after all
>big deal
>>
>>102220912
No that's because the mods were smart enough to realize people who have been here longer than a few months don't want to deal with a bunch of retards from /v/, tumblr and MAL circle jerking over a bad show because it's "so epic!!11!". Containing you retards to one place was the best thing they could have done short of mass banning you all.

>>102220998
That's the best part. The second they even showed Satsukis design people knew exactly how things would play out and people still pretend this is a big deal. Fucking retards.
>>
KAIJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
Is there any figures for Haruhi LN sales before Anime?
>>
>>102220272
Yes, have you? Madoka is vastly over advertised in areas that are mainly inhabited by said neckbeards. But back on topic, why are you claiming Madoka to be a masterpiece based entirely off sales? Let's talk about the actual product.

The show was made to pander to otaku, which is fine, that's their target audience to begin with.

The story itself is pretty good, but nothing to consider a masterpiece in any respect. The characters are absolutely awful, 1D, and just plain unbelievable. The art is trash, though the animation is good every now and then. Music was nice, but that's pretty much it for its good points.

The darkness for the sake of darkness was pretty stupid, but didn't really bother me. What really threw me off was the whole time travel business with Homura. Why was that so poorly executed? Why is Homura such a bland character who's only interesting trait is being a psychotic, autistic dike?

Madoka herself was probably the worst character of all, adding little to nothing to the show till the very end.

In short, it started good, but near the end it got so up its own ass and over the top that I couldn't find myself enjoying it.
>>
>>102221115
>Making friends on lang-8
>Biggest Madoka fan I know is a 28 year old OL who likes anime and games, still has a good job, works out a lot and does lots of traveling
Cool anecdotes bro, I can do it too!
>>
>>102215021
>Japanimation
>>
>>102221115
>Let's talk about the actual product.
I trust people like Mamoru Oshii more than some random 'critic' on /a/. Madoka is extremely well acclaimed amongst industry professionals, and is in no need of approval from random anecdotal nobodies.
>>
>>102221073
That's true. I think KlK is a very entertaining show, but the fanbase borders on SnK-levels bad. And this isn't the first time mods've stickied a popular show thread because they didn't want it flooding the board more so than it already has.

Stuff like that would only have been okay way back when there was no catalog.
>>
File: 1364408449857.png (139.56 KB, 500x375)
139.56 KB
139.56 KB PNG
Why are Madoka-haters on here so assblasted about the fact that it is popular, sold immensely well, got a ton of awards and plaudits by other anime professionals, and is probably going to influence the industry in some way or the other because of it?
It's not like you can't concede this just because you don't personally like it.
>>
>>102221258
What is his opinion on it? Got a quote?

But good job trusting a selection of anime expects kodansha selected to sell a book.
>>
>>102221290
>but the fanbase borders on SnK-levels bad.
SnK was bad, but KlK is blowing them out of the water. The only other fanbase I've seen that's this bad is the TTGL fanbase, and that's because of the huge overlap between them.
>>
>>102215021
>1997
>no Berserk
nigga.
>2006
>No Black Lagoon
>>
File: 1392493475641.gif (2.57 MB, 320x178)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB GIF
>>102220998
>Contained nothing
Really? I remember people losing their shit over those also, especially the glassesfag=Nui reveal and Takarada episode.
>It was just an expected plot twist after all
Even if some people saw it coming the executing and the episode not letting up even for a second made it worth of its hype.
>big deal
It was, people are still talking about it, name other currently airing anime that is getting as many threads.

>>102221073
>Mad because KLK is more popular than your favorite currently airing favorite animu
>>
>>102221461
Same reason so many people hate NGE. Everything you just said applies fully to that too.
>>
>>102221532
>name other currently airing anime that is getting as many threads.
Naruto is the best, name one anime popular enough to get banned from /a/
>>
>>102221512
>SnK was bad, but KlK is blowing them out of the water.
Not even close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYNQqfqJ_4
>>
>>102215021
>2000 : Boogiepop Phantom, FLCL, Hajime no Ippo
>2001 : Fuck 2001.
>2002 : Haibane Ranmei, Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell : SAC
>2003 : Texhnolyze, Full Metal Alchemist
>2004 : Monster, Major, Paranoia Agent
>2005 : Aria The Animation, Mushishi
>2006 : Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Death Note, NHK ni Youkoso!, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Gintama, Kanon. Truly a great year for Japanimation, bringing us Haruhi.
>2007 : Darker Than Black, Nodame Cantabile, Clannad, Baccano
>2008 : Kaiba, Natsume Yuujinchou, Kurenai, Toradora, Casshern Sins
>2009 : Bakemonogatari, Kemono no Souja Erin
But what is AOTD?
>>
>>102221532
>Mad because KLK is more popular than your favorite currently airing favorite animu
First season here? The smaller the threads and the fanbase, the better discussion tends to be. KlK threads are just "epic hype oh shit it's happening!!!!!" threads. Take that shit back to /v/.
>>
>>102221608
Considering future events, SnK seems to be heading int that direction.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-15/attack-on-titan-english-dub-to-debut-at-anime-boston
>>
>>102221634
I meant on /a/.
>>
>>102221461
Is that a challenge? If my opinion is strong and loud enough, reality itself will have to admit defeat.
>>
>>102221678
Wolf's Rain is. It's just that everyone refuses to except this because they're scared of what they're going to be labeled as for liking it. Pussies.
>>
>>102221485
He was a judge at 15th Media arts festival, which gave it the grand prize.
http://archive.j-mediaarts.jp/en/festival/2011/animation/#jury-critiques
http://archive.j-mediaarts.jp/en/festival/2011/animation/jury-critiques/15jc_an_OSHII_Mamoru/
He praises original works and pans SOL.

This is the award reason
>The winner of the Grand Prize for a television series for the second year in a row. This year the work drew particular praise as an original work for animation, rather than being based on an existing manga or novel. The series continued to be an ambitious one, skillfully setting critical traps that shook the very foundations of the genre, leaving viewers unsure about the premises upon which this otherwise common theme of the "magical girl" is based. The seemingly adorable familiar Kyubey offers to grant a girl a wish if she will enter into a "contract" to become a magical girl and fight witches. Both the terror that lurks within "desire" and the emotional reaction to "miracles" that overcomes that fear……these are two sides of one coin, both born of the human heart. Putting the particular "media characteristics" of a television series — in which one must wait a full week to learn what happens next……to their best use, the series maximized the tension within the viewers’ minds even as they enjoyed the show’s beautiful images. The script is overflowing with the revolutionary energy that always strives to change things. With the hope that this series will become the necessary catalyst to change the world we live in, we award it the Grand Prize.
>>
>>102221678
Dennou Coil.
>>
>>102221686
Can't name a anime huh? Yeah that's what I thought.
>>
>>102221532
Anyways, regardless of KlK's quality itself, the constant threads are not a good thing. They cause other potentially good threads to 404 and aren't filled with very good discussion anyways. I've been to some, and a lot of them were just reaction images. Plus they just annoy people.

>>Mad because KLK is more popular than your favorite currently airing favorite animu
Actually, I'm pretty sure my favourite anime's more popular than KlK; I have pretty bad tastes.

>>102221686
>The smaller the threads and the fanbase, the better discussion tends to be
Sad, but true.
>>
>>102221691
SnK will always be accepted on /a/ as long as the manga is still ongoing, only hipsters like you cry about it becoming more popular.
>>
>>102221774
http://archive.j-mediaarts.jp/en/festival/2012/animation/jury-critiques/16jc_an_OSHII_Mamoru/
Here is the part where he pans SOL.
Industry professionals are definitely concerned about the market being flooded by low risk adaptions and unambitious SOLs, Madoka is like a shining beacon of light that proves ambition can succeed.
>>
>>102221258
How about making your own opinions?
>>
>>102221774
>[...] their subjects were images of daily life from beginning to end, no longer needing dramatic developments or structure; they shared a tendency toward thinner narratives. [...] the relative technical level of staff working on such series has risen. This may be praiseworthy insofar as it meets the demands of today's animation fans but is clearly a step backwards as a creative activity. If this trend of specialization to meet specific demands continues-- and it seems sure to do so -- it will go beyond the level of something to be apprehensive about and approach a suicidal act by the industry as a whole.

Based Oshii
>>
File: yuki.jpg (36.47 KB, 500x534)
36.47 KB
36.47 KB JPG
>>102218801
Are you trying to say a show being highly acclaimed by its fans, albeit annoyingly and openly, automatically means a show is shit?
>>
>SnK will always be accepted on /a/
/a/ is not a hivemind blah blah blah
>>
>>102222017
Like me? No no no no no, I don't give a shit either way.
>>
>>102221940
>Can't name a anime huh?
That has as much shitposting as KlK? No I can't.

I took a look at one of the threads. Someone made one of those clusterfuck WEGs and you retards are eating it up. End yourselves.

>>102221940
>Sad, but true.
I don't know if it's sad. The small-mid size fans who actually discuss the shows make it easy to follow threads and keep track of what's going on and make it more likely that everyone knows to ignore shitposters.
>>
>>102222043
I already have my own opinions you fucking mongoloid, its just that I am not autistic enough to believe that anyone would value a random fan's opinion.
On the other hand, opinions from industry veterans can overpower retards who seriously think Geass or Haruhi is better received than Madoka.
>>
>>102222036
Revolting if you believe this.

>Madoka is like a shining beacon of light that proves ambition can succeed
>>
>>102222078
One half is good albeit overrated, the other half is both shit and overrated.
>>
File: 1391776410301.gif (997.99 KB, 500x375)
997.99 KB
997.99 KB GIF
>>102221678
>Full Metal Panic
>Death Note
>Code Geass
>Eureka 7
>Haruhi
>Toradora
>Bakemonogatari
>ALL DIS FUCKING SHIT TASTES
>>
>>102221940
>a anime
>>
>>102221774
>it's good because it's not an adaption and not slife of life

such good praise
>>
>>102222186
Oshii pretty much believes that, it's simply hilarious seeing you claim that his feeling is revolting.
>>
File: 1371770441636.jpg (23.79 KB, 248x296)
23.79 KB
23.79 KB JPG
>>102222141
I just want to discuss popular shows without the /v/-crowd!

But I guess a smaller fanbase is easier to keep track of. Even in bigger fanbases, I think I've run into the same people before.
>>
>>102222186
It fucking is, 10 and 09 were filled with nothing but adaptions, whatever originals there were flopped badly.
>The script is overflowing with the revolutionary energy that always strives to change things. With the hope that this series will become the necessary catalyst to change the world we live in, we award it the Grand Prize.
This is what the jury of professionals written, deal with it faggot.
>>
>>102222295
And the one that succeeded was terribly written garbage.
>>
File: 1380376318265.jpg (120.04 KB, 1440x810)
120.04 KB
120.04 KB JPG
>>102222295
>The script is overflowing with the revolutionary energy that always strives to change things. With the hope that this series will become the necessary catalyst to change the world we live in, we award it the Grand Prize.

The radiation from the bombings must have gotten to their brains
>>
>>102222295
Now that's sounding like an IGN game review.

Dat aniplex funding.
>>
>>102222265
Yes professionals are concerned with K-ONs flooding the market. They drown the amibitious works in the market and narrows the audience base.
Hate Snk if you want, but it did introduce a lot of people to slightly grimmer anime. It is insanely popular amongst Chinese teenagers even.
If the industry was filled with 4koma SoLs, the market will just get smaller and smaller and wither away.
>>
Hunter X Hunter (1999)> Hunter X Hunter (2011)
>>
>>102222509
>Hate Snk if you want, but it did introduce a lot of people to slightly grimmer anime.
So did Elfen Lied. What's your fucking point?
>>
>>102222046
Hikawa Ryuusuke explains it better; he says the praiseworthy aspect is that it brings (relative) sophistication to moe anime like Gundam did for mecha
>>
>>102222295
Why do people act like rewards mean anything?

Especially not mainstream ones like those. This is the same place that listed Naruto, Wii fit and mgs4.

Fujiko Mine being mentioned should ring alarm bells.
>>
>>102222566
I thought the 1999 series had better direction and music but I guess it's too slow by today's standards
>>
>>102222429
That's funny coming from someone who misunderstands the "the world we live in" bit.
>>
File: bobby.gif (141.12 KB, 481x500)
141.12 KB
141.12 KB GIF
>>102221461
Not a Madoka-hater, but I think their vocal hate is more because of the fans instead of the actual show when they spout ignorance about their show selling more than so-and-so.
Also the fact that they bring out the sales-instead-of-quality argument when it holds no relevance to anyone's points nor does it affect quality.
>>
>>102222470
Madoka is the only TV anime ever to win that award, most of the times the grand prize is given to anime films (and not ultra popular ones).
>>
>>102222650
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Media_Arts_Festival
The anime awards are esteemed and prestigious, it does not give grand prizes to Naruto or any shounen for that matter. no one cares about the video game section.
>>
>>102222666
It's the only late-night PVC commercial type TV anime to win it. Tatami was a TV anime too
>>
>>102222295
>The script is overflowing with the revolutionary energy that always strives to change things.
>Completely rips off Kamen Rider

Little did Urobuchi know that he would concieve the best Kamen Rider series of this generation after Madoka.
>>
>>102222663
>Also the fact that they bring out the sales-instead-of-quality argument
And then when the torrent of critical praise is listed they go on blogging their own 'quality critique'
>>
>>102222666
>not ultra popular ones
>Summer Wars
>Shin-chan
>Princess Mononoke
>Blood
>Spirited Away
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
>Masaaki Yuasa movie/series
>>
>>102222775
Sorry had a mind blank, but it still stands that Madoka is the only 'highly popular' anime to receieve an award, the Shinchan movie didn't even earn that much.
>>
File: 1391219191616.png (393.84 KB, 500x743)
393.84 KB
393.84 KB PNG
>>102222777
>Kamen Rider
Not that anon, but what is Kamen Rider and what did Madoka take from it?
>>
File: 1391879329290.jpg (97.20 KB, 998x810)
97.20 KB
97.20 KB JPG
>>102222755
>The anime awards are esteemed and prestigious
>Blood: The Last Vampire
>Crayon Shin-chan: The Storm Called: The Battle of the Warring States
>Mind Game
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
>Fucking Summer Wars

There really is no hope for Japan is there?
>>
File: Boff.jpg (27.51 KB, 158x152)
27.51 KB
27.51 KB JPG
>>102222896
>what is Kamen Rider
>>
>>102222896
Kamen Rider Ryuki
>>
>>102222896
>what is Kamen Rider
>>
>>102222876
Besides Miyazaki, none of them earned even close to what Madoka did. They are decently popular but not your huge profit anime.
>>
>>102222896
>>
>>102222755
>prestigious

>Golden Time
>eva movie
>shitty french movie

>over Short Peace, Yamato, Shin Sekai yori, Little Witch Academia, Kick Heart, Chihayafuru, Kyousougiga, etc
>>
File: 1392165651200.jpg (201.11 KB, 1280x720)
201.11 KB
201.11 KB JPG
>>102222896
>what is Kamen Rider
Your average Madokafag
>>
>>102222910
>Blood: The Last Vampire
Have you even watched the original? Its not talking about the later abominations.
>>Crayon Shin-chan: The Storm Called: The Battle of the Warring States
Its excellently crafted and historically accurate, by far the best work of the entire series.
>>
>>102222186
>>Madoka is like a shining beacon of light that proves ambition can succeed
Madoka is like a shining beacon of light that proves that otaku are dumb as fuck any buy everything as long as it pleases enough of their fetishes.
>>
>>102223049
All those shows are garbage
>>
>>102223072
>One person represents the average
Ebinnnn trolll! Pure win!!!!
>>
>>102215021
This is one garbage thread.
>>
File: 1366570644360s.jpg (2.83 KB, 125x118)
2.83 KB
2.83 KB JPG
What is the best anime of all time?
>>
>>102223125
typical madotard
>>
>>102223142
>Ebinnnn trolll! Pure win!!!!
Average Madokafag
>>
File: 1354513533345.png (74.80 KB, 205x242)
74.80 KB
74.80 KB PNG
>>102222896
>what is Kamen Rider
>>
>>102222910
>there are people who don't know why Blood: The Last Vampire is an important movie
>these people post on /a/
>>
File: 1392146927850.jpg (55.34 KB, 527x347)
55.34 KB
55.34 KB JPG
>>102222896

Go to /m/. Educate yourself.
>>
>>102223021
No one takes that argument seriously you retard, there is a reason they hired Gen to write another Kamen.
>>
>>102223085
>Have you even watched the original?
Yes. It's not that good. On a visual standpoint it's very impressive but the story and characters are poorly done.
>by far the best work of the entire series.
That's not Adult Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>102215021
>2004 : Monster, Major, Paranoia Agent
>2005 : Aria The Animation, Mushishi

that's not Mai-HiME and Otome, man we could watch em all over again especially HiME ending where 4chan gone /a/peshit
>>
>>102223049
>remakes
>shit adaptations
>LWA LEL
And Short Peace won last year
>>
File: 1392414324098.jpg (1.99 MB, 4594x3058)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>102223164
Madoka
>>
>>102223187
Why is it important?
>>
>>102223049
Golden Time is great though.
>>
>>102223164
SnK
>>
File: 2.png (217.47 KB, 500x281)
217.47 KB
217.47 KB PNG
>>102223142
But he's right.

Even the Madokafags who do know what Kamen Rider is are general retards in other departments and are horrible people to be around.
>>
>>102223164
EVA
>>
>Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>prestigious

Do the voters even watch anime or do they just vote whatever is popular or artsy/different enough
>>
>>102223211
Adult had a clumsy ending, if they actually jumped the building it would have been more meaningful except 'hur durr everybody can give up nostalgia'.
>>
>>102219662
Miyazaki never meant that, nor is part of anime, nor even takes part in that entire list to have a valid opinion.
'postxxx is shit, but my shit doesn't even rank before it'.
>>
>>102223208
>Madokafags don't take that argument seriously
>>
File: 1367709922941.jpg (216.60 KB, 1280x720)
216.60 KB
216.60 KB JPG
>>102223164
Milky Holmes
>>
>>102223164
Doraemon and Detective Conan is that even a question.
>>
File: 1392220808910.gif (2.99 MB, 286x210)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>102223164

Arguably Jin-Roh, Dougram, or Patlabor.
>>
>>102223286
It's just like the Oscars! None of the committee actually watches the nominees they just give it to the most popular film. Which is why Frozen will beat out The Wind Raises this year.
>>
>>102220232
That's one garbage list, but yes, the new LoGH might be good, and KoS will probably be great.
There are of course others, but you didn't list them.
>>
>>102222777
By the same logic Madoka rips off Sailor Moon because it follows the mahou shoujou standard SM defined. And Ryuki rips off Highlander because of the "there can be only one" element. The things Madoka "rips off" from Ryuki only work when viewed out of context, and the characters performing the actions don't match up. If you really, really go down this way, any work can be shown to rip off another one.

>>102222896
>what is Kamen Rider
kill you are self
>>
Why did no one care about this reward until Madoka won it?
>>
File: 1389447413186.png (591.88 KB, 469x542)
591.88 KB
591.88 KB PNG
>>102223237
>That girly arm
>>
>>102223314
If the producers of Kamen writer could hire the writer of Madoka to make their next series, what makes you think industry professionals take the argument seriously? Some butthut anons' opinions?
>>
>>102223208
>there is a reason they hired Gen to write another Kamen.
Because he ripped them off?
>>
>>102223407
It's a tumblr landwhale who posted it in the valentine waifu thread and pissed everyone off.
>>
>>102223119
Madoka is the shining beacon of light that attracts idiotic haters to bitch about things that are popular, too
>>
>>102215021
>yu yu hakusho not on the list
kill yourself
>>
>>102223405
Ask Madokafags
>>
Wasn't Baki 2001? I'm watching it now, it's great

>>102217475
>widely agreed
>same 5 people spamming threads is 'widely agreed'
>>
>>102223464
Did it get added to the collage?
>>
>>102223405
madofags are unable to articulate why Madoka is good so they can only make reference to it's "achievements"
>>
>>102223449
You hire someone who plagiarises your work?
>>
>>102223527
Don't think so.
>>
>>102223419
>If the producers of Kamen writer could hire the writer of Madoka to make their next series, what makes you think industry professionals take the argument seriously?
Since when is being hired to write a live action children's TV show considered prestigious?
>>
>>102223164
>Implying there can be 1
Don't be stupid, there are many anime (TV series, OVAs, movies) that stretch across many genres with different styles that exemplify what that genre does well. Trying to narrow it down to 1 per genre would be impossible, even thinking one could stand above every other is retarded.

The answer is Boku no Pico
>>
>>102223405
Lots of people did. If you mean why did no one on /a/, I don't know. Probably because /a/ is extremely casual and doesn't know about movies that haven't gotten BD releases yet
>>
>>102223540
Worked for Tim Schafer
>>
>>102223449
>get your series ripped off by a dude
>hire him so that he can write part of your series

Uh-huh. That's totally how it works.
>>
>>102223208

Gen has wanted to make a Rider series for a long while and he's a pronounced fan of the early Heisei series.

>>102223565

>Implying being a Toku Writer doesn't open doors for you in Japan

Yasuko Kobayashi, Toshiki Inoue, and Chiaki Konaka all disagree.
>>
>>102221744
SnK has a huge tumblr fanbase in addition to a "normal fanbase". KlK only has its normal fanbase. Tumblr won't jump on it because of the fanservice (considering tumblr is primarily composed of women, SJW, homos, artsy people, and the like).
>>
>>102223565
When that TV show is a national institution
>>
>>102223565
Because getting to write a year long series pays very well? And writing a merchandise selling franchise is important?
Gen was writing VNs for most of his life, getting Kamen writer one year after writing anime is a serious achievement.
>>
File: 1386597584822.jpg (66.28 KB, 354x720)
66.28 KB
66.28 KB JPG
>>102223164
K-on is a masterpiece that everyone loves.
>>
>>102223540
Shotaro Ishinomori is dead. Japanese fans hate Gen.

Do you think the producers care about that? They hire him because he is the fad at the moment (see him writing like 3 anime a year)
>>
>>102223634
>Yasuko Kobayashi
Who went on to write such memorable and award wining anime such as...Witchblade, Gokusen, and Blassreiter
>>
>>102223405
I cared. It became much more noteworthy because it's not a big deal when a big budget movie from a famous director or an artsy noitaminA show wins, but it is a big deal when a moeblob show does
>>
>>102223723
>Japanese fans hate Gen
Sure sounds convincing when producers are willing to give him original theatrical movies to write and huge loads of TV anime to stick his name on.
>>
File: AOTY.jpg (1.72 MB, 2323x1716)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>
It's just exotic cartoons.
>>
File: naru.jpg (21.85 KB, 576x448)
21.85 KB
21.85 KB JPG
>>102223723
>Japanese fans hate Gen
>he is the fad at the moment
>>
>>102216071
>It's overrated therefore it's bad!

Jesus fucking christ how stupid can this guy be?
>>
>>102215148
That's right, Azumanga, Rahxephon, Princess Tutu and the first SAC all came out in the same year. We've fallen so far.
>>
>>102223683
What does finance have to do with anything? Especially when toku shows have been using the same writers periodically for the past two decades
>>
File: average klkfag.jpg (27.98 KB, 561x142)
27.98 KB
27.98 KB JPG
>>102223655
>KlK only has its normal fanbase. Tumblr won't jump on it because
Well that's just wrong.
>>
File: BAM.jpg (782.55 KB, 2861x2221)
782.55 KB
782.55 KB JPG
>>102223164
GitS.
>>
>>102223848
And 2004 was even better. 2011 can't come close
>>
>>102223836
>>102223821
You Madokafags sure are stupid
>>
>>102223836
>>102223821
Shotaro Ishinomori fans. Old Kamen Rider fans.

Gen's audience is new generation of fans.
>>
>>102223848
RahXephon is terrible though. What shitty writing and forgettable characters.
>>
>>102223760

>Ignoring Casshern Sins
>Implying Blassreiter wasn't good
>>
>>102215205
You do realize there is a board for people who can read japanese (it's 4chan divide the 4 by 2 and if you cant understand the math or understand my broken grammar and lack of periods your opinion is irrelevant)
>>
>>102223892
>cannot into sentence structure
>blames others for getting told
>>
>>102223916
Even if you can't read Japanese, Rikaisama is more than enough to be able to read those you pleb.
>>
>>102223892
Every one of Urobuchi's works have turned a profit since Madoka, even ones like Gargantia where he writes a few episodes and runs off.
Gen had very good reception in the VN industry, its just his audience base is much bigger now
>>
>>102223911
That shit was terrible

Your tastes are shit
>>
>>102223464
How did people find out she was a tumblr landwhale just from the picture?
>>
>>102223970
You didn't told anyone
>>
File: 37733297.png (340 KB, 1000x967)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>102223164
Urusei Yatsura. It combines every genre in one and also created the perfect protype yandere.
>>
>>102222195
>Never saw
>It was as edgy as a samurai's sword
>I personally liked so why didn't you
>Never saw
>I think I started and dropped I guess Ill have to watch it again
>Heard it was sad and never watched
>I liked because it was more dialogue focused even though you need to trust your sub group for such shows.
>>
>>102223985
>Gargantia where he writes a few episodes and runs off.
He conceived Gargantia you fucking retard
>>
>>102224008
>look at hand
>girly shit
>2 guys call LANDWHALE
>original poster gets mad
>starts defending attentionwhoring
>starts defending tumblr
>>
File: 1362282799402.jpg (43.69 KB, 392x395)
43.69 KB
43.69 KB JPG
>>102223863
>inline extension
>>
>>102223863
I remember reading about the top 20 anime discussed on tumblr in 2013. SnK was at the top, KlK didn't even list.
>>
File: 1392065395807.png (192.53 KB, 525x625)
192.53 KB
192.53 KB PNG
>>102223985
>Fate/Zero
>Gargantia
>Gen work

Thank fuck Gaim is failing though.
>>
>>102224177
Because it's not finished retard
>>
>>102224177
>I remember reading about the top 20 anime discussed on tumblr
Why? I don't visit these shithole sites, I just see retards post about them and defend them here. KlK threads are filled with tumblr shit. The amount of cosplay threads alone was disgusting.

Why would I actually look into tumblr as a whole site?
>>
>>102224094
A writer can easily conceive tens of works per year, they don't have the time to write them all though. Gargantia is definitely not some revolutionary concept either
>>
>>102224181

>Gaim
>Failing

What.
>>
File: 1376513617529.jpg (72.75 KB, 637x627)
72.75 KB
72.75 KB JPG
>>102216771
That's because the mods were fed up with ten billion fucking simultaneous KLK threads every Saturday you fucking moron.
>>
>>102223985
No one really cares about him though. They cared about Type Moon and Madoka.

See actual popular writers

>上遠野浩平総合スレ101 しずるさんと気弱な物怪たち
>谷川流 331
>虚淵玄 36
>アンチ虚淵玄スレ12 (12000 hate posts)
>>
>>102224094
He didn't. The director conceived it, Gen and he extended on the original ideas.
>>
>>102224256
Are you actually being stupid?
>>
>>102224181
Citation needed
>>
>>102215148
>全年 2005: 苺ましまろ
>same year as Windy Tales, Gankutsuou and Champloo

This guy is a pedo with no taste.
>>
>>102224299
Wrong. Gen conceived it and the director came in later on.
>>
The next Butcher shit is already in the making.

Aniplex x Butcher trying to kill Gundam with hardcore CGI
>>
>>102224290
Do you think I am incapable of using google?
A LN writer is naturally more high profile than a anime script writer, and one has been writing Haruhi since 2003, one has been writing niche VNs for the majority of his career.
>>
>>102224282
He thinks KlK is good and that it's like by people who watch anime and not just retards who blew in from off board.

Don't post that picture and lie to him.
>>
>>102224256
>>102223985
>>102224299
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9556
>Original Plan: Urobuchi Gen
>Series Composition: Urobuchi Gen
>>
>>102224412
Expelled from paradise is Toei.
>>
>>102224412
>Animated by A-1

I can't wait for this to fail
>>
>>102224540
I am talking about Aldnoah Zero

The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam. I think we need digital technology to achieve that. At A-1 we've experimented with a couple of 3D animation technologies. Let's take a look at a couple of those.
3D needs to be prominent but the most important thing is a good story and plot. I hope we'll be able to show our new original robot animation as soon as possible. Please look forward to it
>>
>>102224523
No he's working on another work with the director of Fate/Zero and A-1 studios
>>
>>102215021
>that 2007

Kaiji, Mononoke, Dennou Coil, TTGL, Baccano
>>
>>102224446
>LN
>not niche

Gen has written LN too.

2 novelizations of big series and 3 his own.
>>
>>102224467
And Shinbo directs almost every anime in Shaft, guess what? He doesn't.
>>
2011 naruto
>>
>>102224601

TTGL does not stand up to a rewatch. Or being a fan of Getter. Everything it did was done far better by a series that proceeded it.
>>
>>102224606
Only FZ is popular, two volume shorts are not comparable to writing Haruhi.
>>
File: 00128.jpg (55.26 KB, 900x703)
55.26 KB
55.26 KB JPG
>MFW everyone already forgot Hataraku Maou Sama
>>
>>102224653
>And Shinbo directs almost every anime in Shaft,
No he doesn't. He's not even listed as the director of Monogatari S2 and Nekomonogatari Black.
>>
2008 - one piece
2009 - naruto
2010 - FAIRY TAIL!!!
2011 - bleach
2012 - SWord art online (second arc only)
2013 - dragonball z
2014 - Dragonball GT

No one can deny this list
>>
File: Snacktime.jpg (40.54 KB, 853x480)
40.54 KB
40.54 KB JPG
>>102223164
I nominate Daughters of Mnemosyne
>>
>>102224714
It was shit, not surprising.
>>
>>102224653
What a terrible example
>>
File: 1358929584377.jpg (564.32 KB, 1000x1000)
564.32 KB
564.32 KB JPG
>Madoka 97 of 116
I love to see the tears of retarded haters.
>>
>>102224700
I think TTGL was bad, but its fanbase is insane. No point in trying to tell them it isn't the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>102224747
This
>>
>>102224714
Who?
>>
1991: Nadia
1992: Oniisama e..., Porco Rosso
1993: Sailor Moon
1994: Sailor Moon R
1995: Slayers, Ghost in the Shell
1996: Eva
1997: Utena
1998: lain, Perfect Blue
1999: Cowboy Bebop, Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku
2000: Excel Saga
2001: Kokoro Toshokan, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
2002: Haibane Renmei, Read or Die
2003: The Big O S2, Tokyo Godfathers
2004: Paranoia Agent
2005: Samurai Champloo
2006: Simoun, Gunbuster 2
2007: Baccano!, Marimite OAV
2008: Mouryou no Hako
2009: Aoi Hana, Eve no Jikan
2010: Kuragehime
2011: Madoka, Nyaruko Remember My Love(craft-Sensei)
2012: Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
2013: Inferno Cop

2014 has a ways to go yet but my early pick for #1 is Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. That's right, motherfuckers.
>>
>>102223868
I can agree with this
>>
>>102224843
>2011: Madoka, Nyaruko Remember My Love(craft-Sensei)

I was almost going to say you had decent taste but then you go and list these turds.
>>
>>102224747
It wins my #1 anime I want to see a MST3K adapt of for sure.
>>
File: 1390348916117.png (5.93 KB, 363x360)
5.93 KB
5.93 KB PNG
This thread is unbearably awful. As if it wasn't enough to argue over your regular favorite anime, you went ahead to argue over your favorite LIST of anime.

Sausage OP.
>>
File: 1375381814718.jpg (155.59 KB, 764x616)
155.59 KB
155.59 KB JPG
>>102224843

>Diebuster
>Best of year

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>102223164

see>>102223227
>>
>>102224937
There was like nothing better that year. Hourou Musuko and Penguindrum both kind of petered out into nothing by the end.
>>
>>102224728
That was only after Madoka, if you look at this
Pani Poni Dash! (TV, 2005)
Rec (TV, 2006)
Negima!? (TV, 2006)
Hidamari Sketch series
Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei series
Ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two. series
Maria Holic series
Natsu no Arashi! series
Bakemonogatari (TV, July 2009)
Nisemonogatari (TV, January 2012)
Dance in the Vampire Bund (TV, January 2010)
Arakawa Under the Bridge series

Shinbo has directed every single one of them since PPP
>>
>>102224247
I'm just saying that KlK's tumblr fanbase is pretty damn small. Even on /v/, it gets a lot of hate. /a/ is probably its biggest fanbase, and /a/ has probably had more influence on Trigger than any other discussion forum. Only reason LWA2 reached its goal was because of /a/. Same reason Kill la Kill had such high expectations going in, because only /a/ was familiar enough with the production staff. I've seen "Kill la Kill saving anime" in videos of people who obviously don't even come here. Trigger is surprised over Takarada's popularity in the west (though it's pretty much /a/). Tattun from Trigger has been linked to a fair amount of threads here, even if he doesn't read through all of it.

Whatever you see from other websites and boards, it's derived mostly from /a/. There are character threads for pretty much any series with a cast of female characters, arguing over who's the slut/best girl/shit. Kill la Kill is no exception. There are so many threads for it because it probably has the highest percentage of viewers here, compared to any other show currently airing.

You see someone mention that they want to cosplay as a character, chances are that they tend to browse /cgl/. In fact, I'm pretty sure that most people on /cgl/ who watch anime tend to also visit /a/.

>>102224238
It was a list of the top 20 most MENTIONED anime. Whether Kill la Kill has finished or not is irrelevant. It still existed for 1/4 of 2013. Other series mentioned include Black Butler and Free!, so you get a general idea of where tumblr's audience lies.
>>
>>102224953
What the hell is he thinking? He listed the 06 movie, not the original series from 04. Hopefully he'll correct it.
>>
>>102225023
>Only reason LWA2 reached its goal was because of /a/.
So you're one of these delusional people?
>>
>>102223972

Not all of us enjoy anime or Japanese culture to the point where we actively try to be able to read the language in any form or fashion.

I watch anime because I enjoy it and have no interest in the written language.
>>
File: 1392470300252.jpg (92.23 KB, 1920x1080)
92.23 KB
92.23 KB JPG
>>102225023
>1/4 of 2013.
>1/4
>>
>>102225028
The final volume was released in 2006.

>he
>>
Azumanga is the anime of the first half of the 00's, TTGL is of the second half.
>>
>>102225101
Did you see the threads on the day? There were people who actually posted their 10k pledges.
>>
>>102224843
>Nyaruko
All opinion automatically discarded
>>
>>102225101
You were in the threads, right? Everyone was organized as fuck, posting the link around and donating.

>>102225146
>October
>November
>December
>3 months out of 12
>3/12 = 1/4
>>
>>102225142
>Not all of us enjoy anime or Japanese culture to the point where we actively try to be able to read the language in any form or fashion.
Then go somewhere else, fucking casual.
>>
>>102224601
This guy knows his shit.
>>
File: a save animu.png (111.94 KB, 1069x398)
111.94 KB
111.94 KB PNG
>>102225101
Yes, anon, /a/ had no influence in LWA2.
>>
>>102225192
It made me laugh. Deal with it.
>>
>>102225183
>>102225198
Do you realize how much money it got and how much /a/ actually made up of that?
>>
>>102225212

>>>/jp/
>>
>>102225142
language is one thing, but if you're watching anime without a basic knowledge of Japanese culture then kill yourself.
>>
>>102225198
Do you fail math or something?
>>
File: 1365264053566.jpg (102.09 KB, 1280x720)
102.09 KB
102.09 KB JPG
Madoka is not even the best seller of the last decade.
>>
>>102225255
>>>/v/
>>
>>102225279
HOW DARE YOU TO HATE ON MADOKA
>>
>>102225279
These are poor times, that's why.
>>
>>102225253
The kickstarter had an extremely foward-centric pledge concentration.
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/#chart-daily
See for yourself, /a/'s interest was what pushed it to completion in 24 hours.
>>
>>102225279
Well you can't beat Naruto, or one piece for that matter.
>>
>>102215021
Casshern was one sexy bastard.
>>
>>102225268
12 = 3 * 4
There are 4 groups of 3 in 12.
3, 6, 9, 12
Therefore, if you only had 3 out of 12, you would only have 1 group out of 4.

Kill la Kill premiered on October 3rd, 2013. Therefore, for 2013, it aired in October, November, and December. 3 months out of 12, a quarter of the year.
>>
>>102225377
And you're assuming no other online community jumped in and pledged right at the start?

Look at any video game kickstarter that has a big western fanbase, they all explode out of the gate like that. It doesn't mean /v/ is single handedly funding them.
>>
File: 1391547195270.jpg (149.55 KB, 797x515)
149.55 KB
149.55 KB JPG
>>102225267
>>102225289

>if you're playing video games without knowledge of game design you're doing it wrong and can't enjoy it

>if you're looking at paintings with no knowledge of past artists of techniques you're doing it wrong and can't enjoy it

>if you listen to music but have no idea how to read music or play an instrument you're doing it wrong and can't enjoy it

>if you're watching anime but don't know much about the culture and can't read/speak the language you're doing it wrong and can't enjoy it

Lack of knowledge does not detract from an experience. The experience can be enhanced if the viewer so chooses, but saying the experience and the knowledge are mutually exclusive to enjoying the medium is pretty sad.

I watch anime on a daily basis and don't know how to fluently speak the language, read the language, and the only knowledge I have about Japanese culture is assumptions I've obtained through watching anime.

If you think that makes me any less entitled to watching anime than the next guy you should adjust your elitist values.
>>
>>102225268
Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>102225279
This isn't the BD sales thread. Take your niwaka autism elsewhere.
>>
/v/ isn't the big problem.
Sure they shit up threads of shows they like (KLK/SnK/SAO) but atleast they mostly stay in there and don't pollute the rest.

Tumblr however managed to turn the already shitty Madokafanbase even shittier.

And not only Madoka. Pretty much all the homoshit got infested. The few gay faggots who watch Kuroko have trouble with retarded yaoi hambeasts as well who won't shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1373393823373.png (40.14 KB, 167x177)
40.14 KB
40.14 KB PNG
>>102225525
If you weren't in the thread, just stop talking, faggot, seriously.
>>
>>102224953
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>102225525
No, I have an autistic interest in monitoring kicktraq graphs during the earlier boom period.
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/#chart-daily
This is what a typical big kickstarter looks like, its foward concentrated but not day 1=half of total.
And kickstarter marketing is generally focused on viral marketing, so LWA doing it so early means the fans are extremely passionate, something I can't find on MAL or reddit for sure.
>>
File: my nazareth.png (1.18 MB, 976x768)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>102225621
Solution: Watch and enjoy a show like KLK. Don't browse the threads. Wait a few months/years after its over. Instant genuine discussion unfolds.
>>
>>102225561
>Lack of knowledge does not detract from an experience

It absolutely does, though.
>>
>>102225754
Well you better not wait years, because most old anime threads are half dead.
>>
>>102225561
>If you think that makes me any less entitled to watching anime than the next guy you should adjust your elitist values.
No one is saying there's anything wrong with being a casual, but you're on /a/. This is a place for enthusiasts who take hobbies seriously. People know the language, the culture, animation techniques, writers, directors, composers etc.

If you don't, then you're part of the reason this place is getting worse.

You continue to enjoy it at a surface level, we'll continue to understand everything that's happening.
>>
>>102225671
I was in the threads since LWA aired. I was in the Death Billiards threads when people were still talking about it too. Stop thinking /a/ single handedly funded the project.
>>
>>102225754
After that you get the classic /a/ discussions.

Which means: Best/Worst girl discussions

Nothing more.
>>
>>102225525
Trigger's fanbase was primarily on /a/.
We loved Inferno Cop.
We loved Little Witch Academia.
We were among the first to see the May 2013 NewType for Kill la Kill (and we briefly called it Killer Kill).

A small, fledgling studio that we on /a/ had been following extensively since it was founded. I remember the tons of posts about Imaishi and Yoshinari leaving Gainax in 2011, and the excitement when people learned that they would be starting their own studio.

We supported Trigger from the beginning, and we continued to support them. Kill la Kill ended up being pretty popular, and a certain group tried to give it the Naruto treatment like they try to do with every currently popular series. They often said that places like /v/ and tumblr liked it, when its largest western fanbase has been /a/ all along. We've been there since the beginning, and some of our support rubbed off on the rest of the general anime community, though not in a huge way.

You may not like Trigger, but a large percentage of /a/ does, and we've supported them for a while now.
>>
>>102225621
>they mostly stay in there and don't pollute the rest.
What the flying fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>102217381
It says "Best anime of 21 century" and non non byory won best anime of the season.
>>
>>102225968
I don't see people talking about Metal Gear in Nisekoi threads.
>>
>>102225943
>You may not like Trigger, but a large percentage of /a/ does, and we've supported them for a while now.
Stop making assumptions. I'm well aware of who their staff is and that people on /a/ follow them. You're assuming that it was only /a/ who cared. Now how would you know that without frequenting those other sites? If you do, then you're part of those sites communities, meaning that those sites communities do in fact care and support them.
>>
>>102225802

Well, that's your opinion.

I'm arguing that the "lack of knowledge" stage is where everyone starts. The experience is not detracted from - this is a baseline.

However, once you have that knowledge, your experience is greatly enhanced. It's semantics but I enjoyed music far before I could read it or play it, and now I enjoy it a great deal more now that I can do both of those things. Looking back, I don't feel that I was missing out on anything, but rather that I can just enjoy music more now.

>>102225853

/a/ is a discussion board on a website that is dedicated to discussion things anonymously. I have no problems with enthusiasts unless they try to bar entry to every person who they were just like at one point so they can get into a dick measuring contest.

It's just absurd to me to see people saying that unless you know every facet of something you can't enjoy it and should get off of the board. That's what /jp/ is for - Otaku Culture. /a/ is a board about discussing anime at all levels. So I have to disagree with you there. That's not saying entry-level enthusiasts are good, but I'd say clumping all of us into the "us and them" argument is a bit silly. I don't try to discuss things on here that I obviously don't understand, so I don't collude a good discussion.
>>
>>102225903
No one's claiming that. We're saying that if it weren't for /a/, LWA2 might have never made its goal in a few hours.

>>102226115
Trigger's largest unified western fanbase is on /a/. You can tell because most of the "original" jokes and stuff tend to start here before other websites pick them up, and a lot of the translations of articles also come from various anons here.
>>
>>102226277
>I have no problems with enthusiasts unless they try to bar entry to every person who they were just like at one point so they can get into a dick measuring contest.
If you think the whole purpose of the high entry barrier was a dick measuring contest then you really are the exact type of person that barrier tried to keep out.
>>
File: 1373485842469.jpg (320.55 KB, 1280x720)
320.55 KB
320.55 KB JPG
>>102225903
/a/ single handedly funded LWA2 and people just went up in the wagon later, no matter how much you complain doesn't change the fact that /a/ saved anime that day.
>>
>>102226374
>might have never made its goal in a few hours.
That's is absolutely not what was being argued. /a/ may have helped it start strong, but some anon claimed that /a/ was the only reason it made it at all. He literally said
>Only reason LWA2 reached its goal was because of /a/.
>>
>>102226390

I'm saying some enthusiasts do that, not all of you.

This isn't so black and white, and I was hoping that would be obvious. But you can't deny there are those people who enjoy flaunting their mentally constructed superior position to those who enjoy things on a more casual level in any aspect of, well, anything.

But that's not saying all of those people are like that. Hence my "unless they...". Usually those people are in the minority.
>>
>>102226390
If you think there is actually any kind of entry barrier in an anonymous board then you're retarded.
>>
>>102226500
Had /a/ not given much attention to Trigger from the beginning, that very well may have been the case. Less hype here = less derived hype from other communities.
>>
>>102226664
You said the original argument was something that it wasn't, now you're making grand assumptions about /a/'s influence. Yes /a/ contributed a lot at first, but the person I'm responding to said /a/ did everything. Now you're saying "Well it might have flopped if /a/ didn't contribute at first". You have no idea how much of that came from /a/, and how much of the other backers were dependent on /a/'s initial contribution.
>>
>>102226618
You know there were days where having seen less than 250 shows and being familiar with the actual staff working on a show would get you laughed at and told to go watch more fucking anime.
>>
>>102226831
And this constitutes a barrier.. how, exactly? It makes those who willingly confess to being new feel slightly awkward, assuming they're dim-witted fools who actually give a fuck about what anons say to them?

Give me a break. There is no barrier. All you're accomplishing with your imaginary standards is shitposting.
>>
>>102226776
>but the person I'm responding to said /a/ did everything.
Have evidence that another community contributed as much as /a/?

>You have no idea how much of that came from /a/
Yes we fucking do, go read the thread.
>>
>>102226948
Because it's obvious when people with a lack of experience with anime and with the board start spewing shit out of their mouths. If someone with a low powerlevel spent time lurking and didn't post like a retard, no one would care because they understood that the barrier was there, and realized why it was there and posted accordingly. That's the whole point of the barrier. To keep out ignorance and inexperieced posters from talking like they know anything and shitting up the quality of discussion.
>>
>>102226948
Go see /v/ or /co/ and see how not having standards work for them.
>>
>>102226996
>Have evidence that another community contributed as much as /a/?
You're stating a cause and effect relationship between /a/ and the kickstarter working at all exists. You're stating this relationship is there without any actual evidence regarding how much /a/ effected people outside of /a/ to donate. That's not how you prove something exists, you can't just say "Prove the negative".

>Yes we fucking do, go read the thread.
And even without that LWA2 would have happened, which would prove the poster I'm responding to wrong.
>>
>>102215756
Wolfs Rain throws away everything it was building up to in the last eps and has a shit ending, fucking apply yourself.
>>
>>102227065
You're assuming that telling someone off and telling them to lurk more actually causes them to post less. It doesn't. That's not how anonymous boards work and no one, especially not people who "spew shit out their mouths", cares about anons telling them off.
Your so called barrier is some autistic powerlevel fantasy that doesn't actually exist.

>>102227165
Differences between boards, where such even exist, are attributable more to actual content than some imaginary board policy.
>>
>>102227402
I should clarify that I absolutely don't mean that everyone is welcome in my eyes and that there shouldn't be worthwhile or in-depth discussions, but that your attitude towards it accomplishes jack shit other than making the boards even worse.
>>
File: I hate 4chan.png (41.97 KB, 1196x186)
41.97 KB
41.97 KB PNG
>>102227402
>You're assuming that telling someone off and telling them to lurk more actually causes them to post less. It doesn't.
You're forgetting that these people were easy to spot when only a few came in at a time and everyone would tell them to fuck off. It didn't matter how often they posted because they were never taken seriously. And yes they did give up and leave.
>>
>>102227524

It's refreshing to know that by starting a discussion like this it's apparent there's at least one other person who thinks about the same way I do on these things.
>>
>>102227193
>You're stating this relationship is there without any actual evidence regarding how much /a/ effected people outside of /a/ to donate.
Go to >>102225377 and see all the related news at the bottom of the page about the project reaching its goal in less than a day, that was /a/.
Fuck, even in the original thread there was people trying to convince /co/ to donate.
>>
>>102227633
And you're saying that the only reason enough dollars came in was because of that. /a/ contributed a lot, but it went way passed it's goals. You're saying that the discussion /a/ started was the only reason it got so high. The question wasn't "Did /a/ help it get a lot of money fast?" it was "Would it have hit its goal if it wasn't for /a/?" You haven't given evidence for the actual question at all. You didn't know what the original discussion was and not all you're saying is "Yeah but /a/ helped a lot!" which was never the point.
>>
>>102227826
Trigger's fanbase was primarily on /a/. You have failed to prove that this is not the case and that there's another community that has an interest in what Trigger do.
>>
>>102228262
>Trigger's fanbase was primarily on /a/. You have failed to prove that this is not the case
>Still not addressing the original point
>Telling someone that if they can not prove a negative they are wrong
Do you know anything about proving a hypothesis at all? Prove that Triggers fanbase is primarily on /a/. Show me records that state so much money came from /a/ and no where else that the goal for LWA2 would not have been met otherwise.
>>
What a shit thread



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.