[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 488860.jpg (1.01 MB, 1404x1404)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Fuck.

This is good.
>>
Indeed it is.

When you're done with LoGH, watch VOTOMS.
>>
File: 1368648397270.jpg (48 KB, 316x386)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
What anime is this?
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>102161653
Benevolent Autocracy vs Corrupt Democracy: Space Rdition
>>
File: not assassin creed.gif (2.98 MB, 237x178)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>102161513
There is new adaptaton this year i believe.
>>
>>102161792
I've been looking for this gif, thanks.
>>
I'm about to start watching this, what should I expect?
>>
>>102161934
Free! in space.
>>
>>102161934
Quite possibly the greatest anime ever made.
>>
>>102161934
Expect a war epic. Well over a hundred characters... Expect most of them to die as history unfolds.
>>
File: LOGH Kircheis.jpg (47.79 KB, 640x480)
47.79 KB
47.79 KB JPG
>This is good
It'd be better if I was here.
>>
Overrated garbage with tiny fanbase who keep samefagging these threads.
>>
>>102162323
Kill yourself
>>
File: yang salute.gif (1021.20 KB, 500x374)
1021.20 KB
1021.20 KB GIF
>>102162323
Why is he so moe?
>>
File: nigger.jpg (40.34 KB, 300x225)
40.34 KB
40.34 KB JPG
That multiculturalism.
>>
>>102161578
is it similar
>>
File: 1392168627802.jpg (225.88 KB, 640x960)
225.88 KB
225.88 KB JPG
>>102161934
The best animu I've ever seen, its tragic, huge space battles, hundreds of characters perfectly developed, dogs eating dog food, and every character you love the most die.
>>
>>102161513
we told you
>>
It's probably the only anime that's ever come close to living up to its medium.
>>
OP3 > OP4 > OP2 > OP1

ED1 > ED4 = ED2 > ED3
>>
>>102162707
God no. Votoms is magic space knights killing each other in giant robots over thousands of years.
Watch Planetes or something.
>>
>>102163588
I like the first OP, reminds me the first time I watch it
>>
A talented /v/ermin sang some of these. He gave us Fly Me to the Moon and the Netorare song, so I can forgive him, though.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ifHxlmpmGo
>>
>>102163979
See, that's what ED1 does for me. Especially since they play it after Yang's death. God damn that hit me hard when that happened
>>
God, I was really hooked on this series, but after that battle between the two Death Stars I couldn't take things seriously anymore. Been on a break for months now. Not sure if I'll watch the rest.
>>
>>102164109
You made a good decision. It's downhill after that.
>>
>>102164109
Don't listen to >>102164228
>>
>>102164228
>>102164292

I mean, considering how the series has been playing out until now and how many episodes are left you know the status quo will hardly change until the very end and taht any plan either side decides to use to change the tides of the war is doomed to fail.

That and the constant use of terrible "strategies" and logic used during battles.

> Look! our enemy is doing something stupid for the 13th time! We could use this opportunity to do the obvious and completely obliterate them!
> Nah! This guy is a genius, you know! Let's assume the most unlikely possibility and do something even more stupid!
>>
>>102161513
The same guy who directed this also directed Pokemon 1st season and the movie. Too bad Pokemon Company threw all his plans down the trash because absence of " muh ash" would potentially lowered sales for 2nd gen

Dying from a brain complication on the railway is a shitty way to go
>>
File: 1366486502919.png (372.20 KB, 646x756)
372.20 KB
372.20 KB PNG
>>102164737
I find it funny how LoGH fags keep defending their holy grail animu when it's always being this retarded. Character interaction is only good thing about the show, but everything else is utter shit.
>>
One of the best animu for redpilling.
>>
File: 1391753157589.jpg (78.57 KB, 1068x600)
78.57 KB
78.57 KB JPG
>>102164867
>>
>>102161578
I found Votoms to be a bit too cartoonish and dated.
>>
>>102164867
Don't you have shipping shitposting to do in the SnK thread, Jean?
>>
File: 1392027976584.jpg (190.07 KB, 382x500)
190.07 KB
190.07 KB JPG
Why didn't the Alliance just go around Iserlohn fortress?
>>
>>102165743
Because LoGH "plot" doesn't make any sense and makes everything idiotic.
>>
>>102165743
Why does Frodo ask invariably retarded questions that are answered in-show?
>>
>>102164902
lel Reinhardfag
>>
>>102165862
When was that, I'm curious
>>
File: 1343067607099.jpg (38.47 KB, 600x400)
38.47 KB
38.47 KB JPG
>there are people on /a/ who think Legend of Galactic Heroes is best anime ever made
>>
>>102165970
The episode where they introduced Iserlohn fortress, and spent a couple minutes explaining what it is and why it's important. You'd have to be retarded to miss it, which explains your stock of Frodo maymays.
>>
>>102164737

> Look! our enemy is doing something stupid for the 13th time! We could use this opportunity to do the obvious and completely obliterate them!
> Nah! This guy is a genius, you know! Let's assume the most unlikely possibility and do something even more stupid!

This wouldn't be a problem if it was used one or two times, but it seems EVERY battle ends up playing out by this same logic.

If only LoGH was shorter and didn't have so many terrible Mary Sues.
>>
Couldn't get past the first episode. Hopefully the new version will be more watchable.
>>
>>102167345
It will. Can't wait for those cute boys in beach episode.
>>
>people liking LoGH unironically

The autism is strong in this thread.
>>
File: 1389263945250.gif (365.95 KB, 140x160)
365.95 KB
365.95 KB GIF
>>102162903
>It's probably the only anime that's ever come close to living up to its medium.

>a medium filled with garbage like Dragonball Z and Bleach
>>
File: 1391873946308.jpg (117.32 KB, 400x300)
117.32 KB
117.32 KB JPG
The space tactics in LoGH will never make sense, no matter how people try to justify them. They're emulating Napoleonic era warfare in the future, in space.

There's no problem with this. LoGH is about character development, politics,social and individual psychology, philosophy, the role of the state and military, historical patterns, and great music.

Any anime or film that uses some particular profession or interest as a medium to talk about the human condition will not accurately portray that profession or interest. Especially something as unexplored as futuristic galactic warfare.

To tease the series for being inconsistent or illogical on this subject is funny. But if you actually believe it's a legitimate flaw to the series you're wrong.
>>
File: 1266169254541.jpg (10.19 KB, 255x256)
10.19 KB
10.19 KB JPG
>>102167561
>You are wrong if you believe a flaw is actually flaw
>>
>>102167800
If your flaw is "nuh-uh, that's not how space combat works REAL LIFE," then, yes.
>>
>>102167800
A 'realistic' portrayal of intergalactic human race would be humans isolated on individual planets with no incentive or convenient means to interact with each-other.

But that wouldn't make a very good series, would it? That's why it's not a flaw. Because to portray it accurately would be boring and lose the opportunity for all the other good stuff that you actually watch it for.
>>
>>102167512
It's not all trash. Try Planetes.
>>
>>102161513
Told you, dawg.

Also, Yang is best husbando.
>>
File: 1385155703880.jpg (80.96 KB, 640x480)
80.96 KB
80.96 KB JPG
>>102168243
>>
People love to come here to get spoiled the fuck out eh
>>
>>102167561

I kind of look forward to seeing how Reinhard, having his ideals slowly twisted willl probably (I still haven't finished) become what he despised the most.

There are also other interesting story developments that I was looking forward to, but in order to see that you have to endure uninspiring battles and terrible Mery Sues like Yang and his apprentice. Its ok for them to be moralfags, the problem is how they ALWAYS do miracles and how every other character apart from the main cast are always completely incompetent or useless. For a Story that takes itself so seriously, this is a major problem.
>>
>>102165743
There appears to be only so much traversalble space
>>
>>102167561
To elaborate, the general criticism that some anime, film, etc. isn't 'realistic' isn't a valid criticism. At all. Fiction isn't about making something exactly like reality. It's about making something that people can feel a connection to, or makes a point about the human condition.

However, it is important for a peace of fiction to be consistent with its own internal logic. As long as it makes an effort to explain how it works, it's fine. LoGH does that.
>>
>>102168490
What episode are you on? I remember in the first 10 or so episodes it's really infuriating that every battle is about an idiot commander not listening to their subordinate's advice, and losing.

It gets a lot better in that respect. Competent commanders are in charge and only understandable mistakes are made.

As far as calling Yang a mary sue... I don't understand at all. I'd like to hear your justification of that because I don't understand his character that way at all.
>>
I only 6 episodes in to this but I'm worried I will have a hard time keeping up with the characters
Most of them aren't too important to the story yet but I'm still worried, especially about the higher ups that only appear for about a half minute each episode to remark on how things are going and how they will benefit from those things.
Did anyone have this problem?
>>
>>102168689
As stated in a previous post, I'm right after the battles between the two space fortresses. The way that entire battle played out really made me lose the interested on the series.

The reason for me to call Yang a Mary sue is exactly the reason for that. He's miracle yang, he's perfect. He can't lose. Against all odds he'll never lose. He's got his apprentice, which is also a Mary Sue. He won't lose. Reinhard also can't, since he's also an unbeatable genius.

The only people that can lose are their subordinates. having that in made you can exactly tell the outcome of every event event from the start.
>>
>>102169272
It is kind of hard to keep up with all the characters. In most anime they colour-code them for you too...
You just got to pay attention
>>
>>102169272
You will have favorites and remember their names, keeping them close to your heart as you cry your heart out when they die.
>>
>>102169272
Yes. The number of characters explodes early on, and they all get a few lines, disappear for a few episodes, and reappear for another brief moment.

When they finish introducing you to the known universe, though, the plot settles down and mostly follows one or two groups of people at a time.
>>
Just stopped in to say I started watching this and got to episode 9 and am hooked. I can see why it's one of /a/'s favorites and feel disgusted for not trusting you lot all these years.
>>
>>102169422
Typically when you call a character a mary sue, it means they are absolutely perfect in every way. I'm sure you would agree that Yang most definitely does not meet that description. I don't know why you think Julian is unbeatable.

As for Yang, he doesn't win against all odds. He picks and chooses the battles he can win. That's why he's a good strategist.

Reinhard most definitely can lose, and clearly has ego problems that are a weakness.

In both cases, the reason they win their battles is very well justified. I wouldn't say they win against all odds. Being a reasonable person doesn't make you a mary sue.
>>
>>102169717
Yang dies.
>>
File: 1373846722837.gif (108.77 KB, 200x200)
108.77 KB
108.77 KB GIF
>>102169812
>>
shud I pic this anime up XD?
>>
>>102169812
As an old man, sitting on a chair with a cup of tea in his hand.
>>
File: yang wen-li.jpg (239.97 KB, 947x469)
239.97 KB
239.97 KB JPG
>>102169812
>>
>>102169422
Besides, by your logic, the battle between the two fortress should have been the most interesting battle, as it was fought between their subordinates and therefore could have gone either way by your logic.

I'd like to point out that Yang lost to Kircheis, as well.
>>
File: YOU GROW IMPUDENT.jpg (226.96 KB, 640x2400)
226.96 KB
226.96 KB JPG
>>102169812
La la la I can't hear you.
>>
>>102167561
Pretty much this. I don't see LoGH as trying very hard to be scientifically accurate. The show is about characters and politics. The space setting makes things more interesting, but you could basically put the show into the 18th century and it wouldn't be much different.

This is by no means a bad thing though. It's my favorite show, and I love the way it anachronistically incorporates so much old stuff (especially in the empire) into the futuristic setting.
>>
File: 1385952290664.png (39.65 KB, 468x180)
39.65 KB
39.65 KB PNG
>>102170135
I have sleepless nights thinking about Kircheis. He's an amazing character going by the Gaidens, he really could have changed the universe if he were here. He could have been my fucking favorite had he had the sheer screentime that faggot Julian takes up.
>>
>>102170181
This guy's sad face as he walks away needs to be included in that picture
>>
>>102170294
I love how they keeps talking about Kircheis after he died. Is influence on Reinhard and the other admirals, and the tremendous loss was way too important to be forgotten.
>>
>>102169422
Boy you'll be surprised when Yang is killed by terraists then
>>
File: moderation failure.png (42.57 KB, 743x340)
42.57 KB
42.57 KB PNG
Unrelated to LOGH,I love how the janitor deletes damage control >>102169883, but leaves spoilers >>102169812
and shitposting >>102169900. Good job, faggot.
>>
>>102170655
Oh please, everyone thats been on /a/ more than a month knows Yang dies.
>>
>>102170712
Except for OP, who presumably is still watching.
>>
>>102170135
Actually the battle was going fine until Yang arrived, then the miracle happened.
He did not lose to Kircheis. He managed to salvage a completely fucked up situation he was not responsible for.
>>102169786
you may be right, since have plenty of episodes to watch yet. The problem is the series has become more predictable then it should for me. I pretty much was spot on everything that happened in past arch's. I'm pretty sure I also know how the next arch will play out, and how Julian will somehow manage to avoid the upcoming invasion.

I guess after watching so many episodes I must have simply grow tired of it and it's static nature. There are few events that actually change the plot that much.

That and the lack of creativity during battles. Some may not consider that a big deal, but for me makes battles more like a drag than something I should be excited about.
>>
File: sweatguy.jpg (14.66 KB, 300x300)
14.66 KB
14.66 KB JPG
>>102170655
inb4 ban
Honestly I don't think spoilers ruin LoGH, I knew Kircheis and Yang would die. It was obvious just by foreshadowing. I just couldn't accept it would happen
>>
>>102170712
Getting it spoiled on you doesn't dull the impact of it though

I cried a little
>>
>>102170880
>That and the lack of creativity during battles. Some may not consider that a big deal, but for me makes battles more like a drag than something I should be excited about.

Some more battles like the one from the first movie with the flammable atmosphere would've been great
>>
>>102170880
I think that for most of LoGH it's quite obvious what will happen, there are no surprises. I guess that's just a style that you don't enjoy, I enjoyed it a lot.

I think part of LoGH's appeal is that it is really static. It's just another instance of a drama played out countless times in human history. And LoGH describes it in a way that makes it seem like an inevitable and natural conflict.
>>
>>102170550
>>102170712

I actually don't like him, so It kinds of brings back some interest to keep watching and know how things will play out without him.
>>
My question is, why does Kircheis try to when he knows only Reinhard can? And if he doesn't know only Reinhard can, then why even try to?
>>
>>102168089
You.
I like you.
>>
>>102170384
I think he's one of the most romantic characters in the show, and there's a lot of fucking romantics in it. He all but engraves himself into Reinhard and his loss leaves such an impact that completely changes the entire game. He is history itself.

Reuenthal though, fuck Reuenthal. He allowed loyal soldiers to die in a meaningless battle for his own pride. He is a stagnant, conservative part of history. Worst character. I cried hard for him.
>>
Man I remember the Reuntal arc being so good.

I stayed up night after night just to find out what happened next.

Wakamoto is so based.
>>
>>102170880
He technically lost to Kircheis, as he forfeited the battlefield. But that's the point of what I'm saying. Yang is a competent, reasonable commander that picks battles he can win.

A Mary Sue character would have whooped Kircheis, and then gone on to save the day.

I can understand your complain in that it's difficult for any series to have an intelligent character that wins a lot. It's hard to have a realistic battle where you can see examples of their intelligence. And it ends up feeling like all of their victories are ass-pulls where they win "just because I'm a genius lol". It's an unfortunate situation that I've never seen done satisfactorily in any medium. But I wouldn't call Yang a mary sue because it's not an appropriate use of the term.
>>
>>102171223
One of my favourite things in fiction is 'powerful man's biggest weakness is the one they love'. Kircheis and Reinhard filled that niche for me excellently.
Nobody will be able to convince me that Reinhard wasn't at least a little bit in love with Kircheis, albeit completely unrequited.
>>
>>102171421
I think Reinhard loved Kircheis. But he wasn't homosexual, Reinhard seemed pretty much uninterested in sex.
>>
Who is the best admiral, and why is it Bittenfield?
>>
>>102171306
Yeah, I guess misused the term.
But, at least until that moment, Kircheis was also a main character, thus a "battlefield genius". In my understanding one could never defeat the other. It's like the unstoppable force meets the unmovable obstacle.

But as I said previously - That's the static nature of the story.
>>
>>102172030
I certainly think that in the short term of his rise to power, but I'm not convinced about that in the long term. Either way, I thought of the situation as Reinhard -> Kircheis and Kircheis <->Annerose. If he lived, I don't think Reinhard's feelings would have come to fruition.
>>
File: 1386030385609.png (2.29 MB, 1250x2300)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>102171421
Kircheis was definitely the love of his life. I don't see how anyone can walk away finishing the series and not see that, least without some mental gymnastics.

>>102172030
this too
>>
>>102171306
He never planned to stay on the field to fight in the first place, a fighting withdrawal was the best option to salvage the situation they were in. Part of me never liked how much love Kircheis received. He doesn't command a fleet for very long and never faces off against Yang multiple times like Reinhard did. That isn't his fault really, he does die pretty early on, but everyone talks like he's the greatest military mind in the galaxy when he didn't have much time to really prove it.

As far as I'm concerned Yang Wenli was the greater tactician and strategist on either side, with his main failings being chained to his belief in a civilian commanded military and never having enough direct control over military power.
>>
>>102172725
I completely agree with you, though I haven't watched the movies yet so maybe Kircheis has done more to prove his talent than I've seen.

Yang definitely would have been a stronger military threat, and probably could have taken over the galaxy if he was willing to take control like Reinhard. I don't know if I would call it a failing though, as his belief in the role of the military was a central part of his character.
>>
>>102172725
If by everyone talking about him, you mean this stuff >>102172215, I think they're talking more about how Kircheis was a calming influence on Reinhard, and he could have been a bridge to peace.
>>
File: 1270852625367.jpg (567.78 KB, 650x1424)
567.78 KB
567.78 KB JPG
Some friendly reminders

-Watch My Conquest is the Sea of Stars movie first
-NEVER watch the next episode previews
-Stay out of LOGH threads until you're finished the show
>>
Just finished Episode 89.


>Emil waiting outside for the whole night whilst Reinhard and Hilda fug
>Reinhard's blush and high, nervous voice
>Count Mariendorf's 'notthisshitagain.png' face
>That autism
>Telling Hilda's dad about how he defiled his daughter


This episode, man. My fucking sides.
>>
I've only just started this, but I'm watching it a lot quicker than most other shows
How long did it take you anons to watch this?
>>
>>102173320
like 6 months, i had to take breaks between the seasons, it got too intense for me.
>>
>>102161792

This and the episode before it is the exact episode where the show suddenly turns into massive gore for no reason.

Almost 45 episodes of absolutely PG material...then out of nowhere. HEY LOOK! SAVING PRIVATE RYAN!
>>
>>102173276
That episode cements his legacy of moe.
>>
>>102173320

Marathoned first season because I got addicted, took 2 months for the next three (to savour it). Took 2 whole weeks for the last ten episodes because I didn't want it to end.

>>102173201

People just need to be smart to avoid obvious spoilers
>>
>>102173320
A very long time, since I took a couple months off after watching the first 20 episodes, then a couple weeks after episode 76.
Once you start getting into it it goes by extremely quickly.
>>
>>102173320
One month when I got going after episode 15.
>>
>>102173320
3-4 weeks if I recall correctly.
>>
>>102161934
True Aryan Hitler vs Jewish manipulators
>>
>>102173462
>then a couple weeks after episode 76.
You mean 82?
>>
>>102165743

The show explains it dozens of times. There's only two passable routes. One through the 'Iserlron Corridor' and the other through Phezzan.

You'd think it sounds pointless with all that huge amount of space out there, but most huge space based series use the same trick. Star Wars and Star Trek both have their own tricks. Such as 'pre-set Hyperspace routes' in Star Wars and 'The Neutral Zone' in Star Trek.
>>
File: logh this is great.jpg (75.03 KB, 640x480)
75.03 KB
75.03 KB JPG
>>102173320
Around a month or so, I really started digging in quickly after the first 20 episodes or so.
>>
>>102173397

I fucking loved that. I never thought of another big white smoke cloud explosion in the show the same way again.

>mother...mother...
>>
>>102173320
Two years. Halfway I got too frustrated and angry at FPA and Yang and needed to cool off. Then I marathoned the rest of it eventually one weekend later. I still haven't finished the Gaidens (because then it'll be truly over) and I'm rewatching the OVAs a third time.
>>
>>102170712
>implying Yang actually died
>implying he didnt do an elvis presley on them
>>
>>102173530
whichever one comes after Yang dies
>>
>>102172956
Yeah I shouldn't have used the word failings, I guess I picked it for lack of a better word.

It would have been interesting if Yang was made a Fleet Commander and given the position of Joint Operations Headquarters Chief. He could have had immense influence of fleet operations, deployments, and officer appointments. I'm sure the FPA had plenty of solid leadership, it just never had much of a chance to shine under the political minefield that was the military bureaucracy at the time.

>>102173114
That I completely agree with, Kircheis was always a measured voice of reason and logic for Reinhard, losing him was worst than the loss of entire star fleets[/spoilers]. I guess my main complaint is directed toward his supposed military genius, which doesn't really come into play thanks to the aforementioned reason.
>>
>>102173609
> frustrated and angry at FPA and Yang

May I ask why?
>>
>>102161578

I tried watching it, is it really all that similar aside from being older shows? All it really seemed to be was the MC shooting people and escaping.
>>
>>102166022
yup, no contest from me. Everything else I like pales in comparison
>>
>>102173775

aside from also being an older show*
>>
>>102173320
About a month, but I started it during a school break so I had a lot of time to kill in the beginning. I imagine it would have taken me 2-3 months otherwise.
>>
>>102168089
I feel like we'd get along

>>102167512
Give The Big O a watch
>>
It always saddens me when I look up the voice actors of older series and they are dead.

Kei Tomiyama
Yang Wenli
September 25, 1995
>>
>>102161513
>There are people who actually like Reinhard "space hitler" Lohengramm
Whats wrong with you people, He was a a bad bad man who killed innocent people for his own gain
>>
>>102173720
There were so many lives lost for absolutely no reason, and I know that's how life works but damn. I'm taking about when FPA were re-taking Isserlon again.
>>
File: 1377131306087.png (192.39 KB, 409x409)
192.39 KB
192.39 KB PNG
Holy shit, I made this comment
>>102172030
And then started to watch episode 89.

This is adorable and I've waited for this for so long.
>>
File: 1392217315252.gif (1021.19 KB, 500x290)
1021.19 KB
1021.19 KB GIF
>>102174028
You can't dislike someone this fabulous
>>
File: 1312038696362.jpg (339.21 KB, 848x1024)
339.21 KB
339.21 KB JPG
>>102161934
>>
>>102174209
>fabulous
disgusting is more like it
>>
>>102174028
Reinhard was my favorite character in the show. He was very likeable and had a lot of depth.

You could argue that he killed tons of people, but I'm inclined to take the Oberstein point of view here. His short-term damage caused great long-term gain.

The only thing I would say was unjustified was when he let the nuke go off on that one planet. But even he realized that was an awful thing to do.
>>
File: 1390914359603.jpg (178.01 KB, 960x720)
178.01 KB
178.01 KB JPG
>>102174306
>>
>>102174113
I could see being upset at the FPA, but not so much Yang. The governing council at the time was very concerned about getting reelected and were willing to throw away lives in seemingly miraculous offences to obtain that goal. Couple that with a problem of unimaginative and/or old guard senior admirals and you have a recipe for wasting men and ships.

Yang was just trying to make the best of a situation he didn't enjoy being in or really wanted to do. He fought efficiently to limit casualties and put commanders with good leadership potential into commands of squadrons and detachments.

Besides, the Empire was willing to throw men into the meat grinder too, it was a terrible situation on both sides.
>>
File: lex_squeee.jpg (63.98 KB, 637x476)
63.98 KB
63.98 KB JPG
>>102161934

>I'm about to start watching this, what should I expect?
Episodes 1-5
"What the fuck is Phezzan, who are the Alliance and why is the Empire full of Germans?"

Episodes 5-15
"Man, the Empire is full of pretentious fucks, the Alliance is so much better."

Episode 15-26
"Wait...nevermind, the Alliance is full of even MORE pretentious fucks. And the Empire is full of pretty cool guys."

Episodes 27
"WHAT THE FUCK! FUCK YOU DAMN SHOW!"

Episode 28-48
"Go Empire! Beat those Alliance jerks! Kill Lex Luthor and the Cult! Oh...but I don't want Yang to lose....hmm..."

Episode 49 and on
"I'm so conflicted....."
>>
>>102174384
Even when he let the nukes go off, he didn't intentionally let that happen. Oberstein tricked him.
I know Reinhard still blames himself for it, so he never tries to defend himself or blame Oberstein for it. But it makes me feel defensive for him and reinforces his character as someone who is actually very fragile and caring on the inside.
>>
>>102174799
I found myself rooting for the Empire after Reinhard became Kaiser. The alliance political leadership just crumbled, and Yang's refusal to join them made the Alliance even less likable.
>>
File: LOGH.png (302.95 KB, 549x514)
302.95 KB
302.95 KB PNG
who else hyped for the new series?

http://www.ginei.jp/

"Hirofumi Adachi, secretary of series creator Yoshiki Tanaka, recently announced that the show will be based on one of the unadapted novels as opposed to rehashing past material. "
>>
File: 1391318924169.jpg (198.09 KB, 800x800)
198.09 KB
198.09 KB JPG
Reinhard is a fag, Oberstein should have ruled the empire.
>>
File: LOGH get mad.png (202.68 KB, 729x510)
202.68 KB
202.68 KB PNG
>>102174799
Pretty spot on. The series spends a lot of the "I'm so conflicted" episodes hammering on whether a Bad Democracy is any better than a Good Dictatorship, which is hard to decide when they both suck in their own ways.

>>102175062
So it's really happening? I dismissed it as a troll when I first saw that.
>>
>>102175062
Where does it say that on the site? The newest piece of news is from January and just mentions a rebroadcast.
>>
>>102173320
Probably like a week, maybe a bit less. I remember not watching it all that fast up until somewhere in the 30s or 40s and even having trouble staying awake through parts. I had been enjoying it, but in a way that still kind of bored me and then something completely hooked me, forget what it was now though. Probably just a random conversation too.
>>
>>102175198
Yes it is happening. It's new stuff as well. Japan pulls through every now and then
>>
>>102175306
Go look for the article on it in the amiami blog.

I'd go pull it back up but finishing up some quiz shit that is due in 30 mins
>>
>>102175388
Based moonland delivers.
>>
>you now realize there's one guy in Japan who has spent over $10,000 on buying every episode of this show on the day it comes out and you saw it all for free

You better thank that guy.
>>
>>102161934
Spoilers on 4chan
>>
Who cares about spoilers for LoGH? Your experience of a WWII film is not affected when you learned that Hitler dies in school.
>>
>Manly men
>>
>>102175062
Unadapted novel? Might be cool, wonder what it could be about.
>>102176769
Hitler died? Thanks for the spoiler, you dick. I haven't even finished the invasion of France yet.
>>
>>102176769

LOGH is not real history, and the story is intended to be read/watched without knowing major plot points beforehand, to maintain the drama's narrative effectiveness. Same as with any other story.
>>
>>102161934
NEVER EVER see the post-ED episode preview, it's full of spoilers.
>>
>>102177224
>LOGH is not real history

IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT
>>
>>102176769
Personally I would agree with you. But I think it comes down to what you enjoy on a personal level. I wouldn't blatently spoil if I can avoid it because some people really care about surprise/speculative value.
>>102177267
The only time I ever watched the preview was the episode beforea bright star in the universe was extinguished . wtf, why would you put that in the first 5 seconds of the preview.
>>
>>102177224
Not really, between the narration and the episode previews almost all of the twists are given away well in advance of things happening. At very least it distances itself from reliance on those types of things and works to not rely on them.
>>
>>102177496
I agree, I think I know what is going to happen in every episode before it happens. It certainly does not rely on shock value. I think even the more dramatic, emotional moments are just as enjoyable to watch whether you know they're coming or not.
>>
>>102177496
>between the narration and the episode previews almost all of the twists are given away well in advance of things happening.

The previews specifically were made to advertise the next episodes to those people who were purchasing the OVAs and had read the books, not casual watchers like ourselves who haven't, so it's not the same thing. They're also not part of the actual story.

The narrator doing it is allowed because it's an intended part of the narrative, you're supposed to be hinted at an upcoming event at that particular time, not because someone on 4chan told you 50 episodes before it happens.
>>
>>102177593
The series certainly doesn't "rely" on shock value, but you're still a dick if you purposefully spoil the plot twists.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (13.86 KB, 300x400)
13.86 KB
13.86 KB JPG
>>102162534
Damn I got sad when Mashengo died. His final words.
>>
File: 1372289187681.jpg (175.25 KB, 1280x960)
175.25 KB
175.25 KB JPG
>>102177915
In-arguably.
>>
>>102163588
Damn I need a refresher. I would agree on ED1 being the best with ED4 a close second.
>>
>>102164737
I kind of agree, but then sometimes millions of starships just can't cohesively pull some shit off and it really fucks them over in the long run. Doesn't matter who's leading them if they themselves can't pull a maneuver off or some big amount of shots make direct hits on most of them by chance and the whole strategy is changed in a second.
>>
>>102167432
There's some real live shitposting going on right now, in this thread. I wish I had a disposable camera to snap a pic before the moment passes.
>>
>>102171421
I think he had a certain love for his sister too. Something a little beyond familial love
>>
>>102172030
>>102172215
>>102180095

It is a reoccouring theme of the show that Reinheirt is a man of such extremes that he isn't even interested in 'love' (sex or an emotional connection to people). And even as the show progresses, he isn't even interested in political power or war. He's only interested in the struggle. And both Kircheis and his sister are the only people in his life he ever gets close to because they're the only people he ever knew and 'loved' before he lost his innocence as a child.
>>
>>102176807
Lost it when Reinhard started enjoying things and being in love and trying to be more outgoing.
>>
File: 1310114895417.png (345.24 KB, 640x480)
345.24 KB
345.24 KB PNG
>>102179882
>right now
>in response to 4 hour old posts
>>
>>102164737
>you know the status quo will hardly change

You literally stopped the moment, the status quo was going to change
>>
>>102174209
>my dandruff is the sea of stars.gif
>>
Everyone die at the end except kaiser wife and yang wenli gay friend.
>>
>>102167561
>The space tactics in LoGH will never make sense, no matter how people try to justify them. They're emulating Napoleonic era warfare in the future, in space.
What about them makes no sense? I'd love to hear everything about it.
>>
>>102175198
you should have seen the sticky post we got! Well over 3k posts
>>
Masterbated to Yang today. Was a really bad fap though, face kinda ruined it. Bitten felt much better. Overall score 6/10
>>
>>102164737
>That and the constant use of terrible "strategies" and logic used during battles.

This and Yang being a 'genius' winning by virtue of being Yang was what put me off this series.

The politics I found dry and the subject matter preachy.
>>
>>102171084
>I think part of LoGH's appeal is that it is really static. It's just another instance of a drama played out countless times in human history.

Some people would call that stale. The same old tired thing played out but in a different medium and I'm told 'it's the greatest anime ever!' - I don't buy it. It's arrogant, plain and simple, and holds this view that there is a 'ideal form' of anime whicb LoGH meets - again I don't buy that as it massively denigrates and disregards all these other great shows which fly under the radar simply because they don't have nearly the same vocal fanbase circle jerking over it. This is one show which is incredibly over-rated and only really reaches its status simply because of the relative dearth of things which tackle more 'complex' or 'mature' subjects in anime overall.
>>
>>102189738
Excellent.

Now try Kircheis.
>>
>>102189955
Look, i tell you why so many People think Lotgh is such a fantastic show.

>The sheer scale of it
>The insane amount of characters all with different motivations
>The banter between said characters that actually feels "alive"
>The fact there is no clear "Evil Side" and by that i don't mean just give the bad guys a few good guys.
>The heavy influence of Politics
>The complete lack of any Filler in 110 episodes
>The deep Lore going back as far as present day
>The Music

So yes, in the end it does indeed come down to the fact that something like this was simply never done in Anime. There may be things in other mediums that are on the same level, i agree. But in terms of Anime its unparalleled

It's your good right to not like it. Lotgh is obviously not for everyone But you shouldn't let your personal taste cloud your judgement
>>
>>102186794
For starters we're talking about a 3 dimensional battlefield. That alone would render useless most of the strategies used during the Napoleonic wars, such as formations and flanking maneuvers.
>>
>>102191015
I mean, formations and flanking maneuver from that period.
>>
only if you enjoy a borefest
>>
>>102167561
>The space tactics in LoGH will never make sense, no matter how people try to justify them. They're emulating Napoleonic era warfare in the future, in space.
Probably not concerning the formations, but they do make sense in one way.

When you have so many ships like they do, it's one mass versus another mass, and then not being confined to the ground (i.e, a 2D plane) becomes less important.

The tactics for fighters on the other hand, they represent the space arena better.
>>
The new series will be Golden Wings 2.0.

;_;
>>
File: Space Battleship Yamato.jpg (791.22 KB, 1000x1310)
791.22 KB
791.22 KB JPG
I've never actually watched this.

How does it compare to Space Battleship Yamato?
>>
>>102191368
It's longer, more expansive, more characters, broader, deeper, it's just bigger in every possible way.

It's not as cheesy either.
>>
>>102191368
I have to watch this show someday. This is what inspired Nadja right?
>>
>>102191520
If you're referring to Nadia..... then I seriously don't see how other than the Anno guy being a fan of Yamato.
There's spaceships in the form of naval vessels, but beyond that, I'm not quite sure.
>>
>>102191208

I guess that the fact that they mass their ships the way they do is exactly what makes the battles so nonsensical. You are in an environment that allows complete freedom of movement on all directions. Why the hell would limit your fleets movement by creating only a few enormous formations?

And we are not even considering weapons of Mass Destruction here.
>>
>>102166022
Name a few better, then.
>>
This is the anime that proved to me that anime can be a legitimate medium for art and storytelling.
>>
>>102173320
probably a month and a half
>>
File: 1392434185851.gif (434.19 KB, 500x720)
434.19 KB
434.19 KB GIF
>>102191654
For the sake of organization, keeping communication lines and so on. They're shown to have dedicated fleets to perform flanking maneuvers and so on.

There's also how you only see battleships most of the time. The smaller vessels, the frigates and cruisers are agile as fuck and zip around like fighters in the space equivalent of CQC.

Battleships have the long-range bombardment role, fighter launch and support.

I kept thinking about it and wanted to make my own setting like this which had elements of both, like i.e the ships massed together and created a force field in tandem with other ships. Then a ship alone things would work differently.
It'd give some excuse to having the ships clumped up - as in they would work better as a unit.
>>
File: War and Peace.jpg (34.48 KB, 398x600)
34.48 KB
34.48 KB JPG
Why don't you just read a superior book which is similar instead?

Will probably take you less time to get through too.
>>
File: logh russia.jpg (67.08 KB, 600x539)
67.08 KB
67.08 KB JPG
>>102191774
>no spaceships
>i have to have a ton of background knowledge on french and russian history
>i have to insert myself into over 100 years ago instead of the sea of the stars.

i'll pass.
>>
File: 1375507070908[1].jpg (30.54 KB, 526x482)
30.54 KB
30.54 KB JPG
>>102191774
Get out of here, /lit/, we're talking about things WE like.
>>
I see you guys spamming this show on /v/ a lot.

Looks boring tbh. Is it any good?
>>
>>102191848
i've watched about 250 anime and read a ton of manga and to me at least, nothing has topped this show.
>>
>>102191848
No, go back to /v/.
>>
File: Jesus christ.jpg (81.37 KB, 728x1060)
81.37 KB
81.37 KB JPG
>>102191880

Give us your recommendations!
>>
>>102191880
110 episodes, though?

Surely something that long surely drags on in some parts.

>>102191898
Don't blame me, blame the fans who brought me here.
>>
>>102191928
what would you like me to recommend?

>>102191936
>he has no idea what the One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto series length are like.
Keep in mind Inuyasha was over 100 episodes, but Inu becomes crappy after a while. The beauty of LoGH to me was that it was all I wanted to watch, and I never felt bored after 110 episodes. In fact, I felt deeply saddened that there were no more to watch but also felt a sense of closure from the series' ending. I basically stopped watching everything else and focused on it.

If there was a new series based on the author's other novels, I'd be overjoyed.
>>
>>102191936
No, there is actually that much content that they even skip the OP and Ending occasionally

It DOES involve a lot if old Men talking tough.

Can you handle it, Kid?
>>
>>102192041
Is the new anime going to be just as long or condensed to some degree?
>>
File: logh reuenthal.jpg (1.29 MB, 1996x2882)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>102192068
If you're the same person asking me this, just watch the original series or don't watch it. As others have said, it's not going to be a rehash of the old series, it's going to be based on the authors' new novels.

I'm going to summarize myself as such: LoGH is in my opinion, the best anime I've ever watched. It is 110 episodes, but not a long series due to how well the various story arcs are paced. It's considered by many to be the best space opera anime ever made. One of the few anime to both make me laugh and cry and put down everything I was watching and reading to focus on it. I plan to watch the entire series again once I clear up my backlog.

If this does not make you want to watch LoGH, don't bother.
>>
>>102191654
In LoGH, they fight wars with large ships numbered by 10,000 to 20,000 per fleet with powerful laser weapons that work best at targets in front of them, meaning whoever shot first wins in a straight out shootout.

In terms of logistics and organization, it's much easier to keep battles on a 2D plane for strategies to work for such a large number of fleets with such firepower.

Being able to control a fleet and army that large in a 3D plane is impossible and would result in friendly fire and a lot of chaos due to the designs of the weapons and slow speeds of the ships.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.