[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


I enjoy the series, but I realized one disappointing thing about it.
It's not that bad, but now It looks less perfect to me.

I mean the contrast between brutality for show off and important characters no dying when they are killed.
I know there are grimdark animes when everyone is getting raped, killed, and raped again, and shounens where it's all fun and no one ends up hurt when beaten.

But In KLK they took fighting shounen and added into it brutality for the cool looks. There's blood, there are secondary and tetriary characters being killed in bunches, sometimes brutally, in episode one and two they killed two guys just to add a risky and serious flavour to the atmosphere. To make the school look like a place when they kill you.

But the characters of any little inportance are not dying when they are killed. This looks inconsistent as fuck, all of this looks now like a shounen for kids that tries to look serious.
Also life fibers evoluting humans is a blatant Guyver ripoff
>>
File: OP-His-Thread-His-Life.jpg (175.22 KB, 317x699)
175.22 KB
175.22 KB JPG
>>
>>102141912
I don't think anyone really died. Even the kid from episode 1 was later allegedly spotted in a bus, I think in ep4.
Also, the talk about Nudist Beach isn't necessarily proof they actually killed a lot of them; it's never seen anyway. Apart from being the most retarded strategy ever, to kill off the people who have the same goal as you do because you "don't want weak allies"
>>
File: 1390953744231.png (257.22 KB, 619x432)
257.22 KB
257.22 KB PNG
Your opinions are shit OP. sage because I want this thread to die.
>>
>>102142064
>>102142166
samefagging butthurt KlKfag
>>
>>102141912
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.01 KB, 303x90)
3.01 KB
3.01 KB PNG
>>102142196
wat
>>
File: waa.jpg (10.46 KB, 174x158)
10.46 KB
10.46 KB JPG
>>102142166
Bump to foil your plans.
>>
>>102142064
You're right.
I should have started with best girl VS worst girl to drag attenting if I wanted some discussion
>>102142166
Don't forget pictures when saging the thread and please keep going.
>>102142138
Maybe this was a translator's fuck-up but I guess i've clearly heard DEAD and EXECUTED
Really dunno about NB, but the missiles right on their heads looked deadly.
And at very least Ryuko's dad got pretty much butchered and he got that bitch an eye out also pretty bloodily.
>>
>>102142281
>needing two minutes to remove one "(You)" from a screenshot
step it up, sempai
>>
>>102142281
I'm still not sure, can you please provide a photo of a screen with a timemark?
>>
>>102142310
But we never see anything. Even Ryuuko's dad is just seen HURT, then Ryuuko leaves him to go after Nui and then the house burns down. Unless we see some charred remains, I fully expect him to show up at the end, alive and well.
>>
>>102141912
Ryuuko's dad was is the only person that's been kill la killed.
>Guyver ripoff
Jesus Christ back to /v/.
>>
I agree with your sentiment but you should stop looking to anime for logical consistency. If that is too much then you have outgrown the medium.
>>
File: hurrderrinmahskin.jpg (9.30 KB, 389x49)
9.30 KB
9.30 KB JPG
>>102141912
>>
>>102141912
I'm more annoyed by the fact that the only real movements in the plot come in the very last quarter, this should've been a one-cour.
>>
>>102142440
But there are plenty of anime series that maintain logical consistency throughout.

KLK is just a poorly thrown together mess of fighting scenes and shounen cliches.
>>
>>102142520
>spoiling
>days after it aired
You're such a tool.
>>
>>102142430
Seryously.
I just have been enjoying how interesting, solid and good this concept is.

Before I realized I've already seen it somewhere.

And elaborating it the life fiber pretty much is the bio booster armor.
>humans were made by aliens
>humans sucked so here's the armor that unlockstheir power
Except the armor is alieans it's pretty much Guyver.
>>
>>102142563
It's actually funny you say this because KlK has constantly been consistent logically.
>>
>>102142520
What does that image spoil exactly? Are you really this desperate to make people stop talking negatively about your favorite normalfag animu?
>>
>>102142609
And there are 30 other things that have done this same thing before the Guyver. Stop acting like somebody is ripping off your shitty nostalgia movie when it was just ripping off something else.
>>
KLK is shitty because it's ust not very well written.

There's really nothing else to it. It utilizes just about every shitty anime trope you could imagine, executes it poorly or, at most, in a drab fashion. Sometimes it even does so under the guise of self-aware irony, but without any meaningful context to the supposed irony it just regularly falls flat on its face.

> B-b-but look! Characters have started showing personalities, flaws, and actual development!
Oh great. It only took over half the season to get there. Real top fucking job, trigger.
>>
>>102142548
Yes.
It's been rather weak until the Nudist forces arrived. The pics from last week made me undrop the show and I massively enjoyed it all.

Nudist mecha assault forces is the most fresh, original and hilarious thing I've seen in ages.
On this part I've actually felt like the anime actually is fresh and creative.
>>
>>102142622
>Ryuuko goes from relying on her kamui and Mako interventions to win every battle to singlehandedly defeating the entire school without any help

I guess it's hard to break logical consistency when every fight ends in an asspull anyway.
>>
>>102141912
Momster should have cut Satsuki's head off with the broken blade. That would've been much better and would've come at a real shock, instead we again get everybody dying but - no, wait, they're alive!
At this point, I expect everybody to come back. Ryuuko's dad went into hiding due to Nui, Satsuki didn't kill NB soldiers, just made it appear that way to fool mom, at the end Ryuko puts the scissor together and cuts that ball of yarn, which destroys all life fibres everywhere, and she and Satsuki and mom become real human beans.
>>
>>102142720
>It utilizes just about every shitty anime trope you could imagine, executes it poorly
>disregard something if it happens as the series goes along
B8 city
>>
>>102142720
is this some epic new pasta?
>>
>>102142775
>asspull
Well OP the shitposters and retards swarmed to your thread, so have fun with the rest of the "discussion".
>>
>>102142599
>days after it aired
Wow, fuck you. The show isn't even over yet and the supposed untouchable antagonist is being held like a battered cumdumpster. Use your brain, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>102142775
>asspull

ist this the buzzword of the year?
>>
My problem with KlK is that it suffers from too much pandering. It basically is scared to present likable characters in a negative light, which in turn makes Nudist Beach and Matoi seem like stupid as fuck typical WE MUST REBEL...JUST CAUSE shounen protagonists. Satsuki and her forces are constantly presented to be as good as possible and this refusal to maintain her antagonist role from early on has made the series dull. It's like Sasuke in Naruto. The writers become too afraid to do anything with popular characters. The Hitler comparisons Satsuki was obviously supposed to have early in the series are all but moot at this point. The way it has progressively gotten more ridiculous is actually more lame too. GL suffered this problem to an extent, but KlK suffers from it a lot more because its scope was much smaller to begin with. It has mostly been school based fights but I can already see it getting to stupid as fuck planetary scale battles.
>>
File: 18_C279_headsplode.jpg (109.25 KB, 628x480)
109.25 KB
109.25 KB JPG
>>102142795
I got baited to undrop the show(no regrets, now i like it) by the screenshots where she smashes her eye out.

I thought it was like in Eva fight, which is my most favorite fight scene.
>>
>>102142960
>antagonist
lel
>>
>>102142563
That depends on what you mean by logical consistency though.
When you go into a blatantly fantasy-esque anime, do you immediately make the assumption that their world operates on the same level as reality effectively would? That everything that reality possesses, they too would possess unless stated otherwise?
That would be a heavy task though, asking the media to cover every single aspect that differs in the world-building process while still possessing a non-expository narrative.
A lot of the time it is expected that you go in with the mindset that, from the onset, "their world is not like ours" although there may be similarities.
So a part of Japan is militarizing clothing. Where the hell is the rest of the world coming into play on this? America and Europe would have qualms about this new scientific breakthrough for sure.
The answer is that you don't assume their countries don't necessarily behave as our countries do. But as for the details of it, if it's never important to the scope of the narrative, there's no point in dwelling on it. You just understand that there's an inherent disconnect.
That is the basis of a "fantasy genre"
>>
>>102142885
As goog as discussion on 4chan ever gets.
>>
>>102142885
It's really horrible to at one side see halfway decent shows destroyed by shitposting, and other actually severely flawed shows DEFENDED by massive shitposting. It almost as if the KlK fanbase wants to out-retard shitposters and went way overboard with it and now attacks any criticism in the most stupid ways ever.
Worst fanbase in recent times. And here I thought Space Dandy would end up being the new cancer food, seems nothing can compete with the level of stupidity associated with KlK
>>
>>102142885
>>102142965
Deus ex Mako* Same shit.
>>
>>102142885
>>102143075
Opinions you dislike aren't and never have been shitposting.
>>
>>102141912
Yeah it really kills the tension in the show. We need someone to die to remind us that shit is actually at stake here. I hope nui kills off one of the devas next ep. Probably Monkey.
>>
>>102142960
Get out, seriously. You want me to spoiler shit for real?

All your assumptions made based on a single frame mean dogshit, but if you keep reading the text the real spoilers conme.
>>
>>102143075
says the main shitposter of this thread
>>
why do people think their individual opinion matters enough to where they start their own thread? annoying.
>>
>>102143075
You're the one saying a direct lie. The "asspulls" you refer too aren't asspuls. Mako is comedic "asspulls" that aren't really asspulls and the Senketsu "asspulls" weren't asspulls either. All of it was foreshadowed heavily. Please learn what the term "asspull" means before using it and acting like it's just the fanbase shitposting because you're acting retarded.
>>102143143
He's using the term wrong. That's not an opinion.
>>
>>102143161
With this going like this I can only see Gamagori heroicly dying for our sins in the last episode.
>>
File: 1392425006509.png (230.23 KB, 500x373)
230.23 KB
230.23 KB PNG
>>102143206
Because discussion, faggot
>>
I've been saying this for a while OP. Why the hell should I care about the fights when the end result is no different from a pokemon battle?
>>102142166
>Posts Kirino
>No actual argument for or against the OP's statement
No shocker here.
>>
>>102143282
gross
>>
nice containment thread for butthurt KLK haters who are mad as fuck that the show they hate is the most popular one on /a/
>>
>>102143071
Well I've been watching this series with that mindset from the beginning and at this point I'm just wondering "Why am I watching this?"

If the world they exist in doesn't follow any consistent rules outside of the strength of resolve then it's like watching the writers decide who wins this week by throwing darts at a dartboard.
>>
>>102143206
Beacuse my opinion is an objective fact and your a shit, Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>102143282
So cute.
>>
>>102143228
>All of it was foreshadowed heavily

Was Ryuuko turning into a plane foreshadowed heavily?
>>
>>102143376
>"Why am I watching this?"

For this.
>>
>>102143448
Yes.
Senketsu was eating life fibers from other clothes so it was obvious it gets new powers.
>>
>>102143448
>Was Ryuuko turning into a plane foreshadowed heavily?
>Gamagori can transform and his uniform is only 30% life fibers
>Senketsu is 100% life fibers
WOW HOW THE FUCK COULD SHE TRANSFORM? SUCH AN ASSPULL IT'S NOT LIKE SENKETSU SEEMED TO BE THINKING ABOUT ANYTHING THE WHOLE FIRST BATTLE BEFORE HE TRANSFORMED
>>
So, characters not dying dissapoints you? whatever. I'm glad Satsuki didn't die, she's one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>102143376
>If the world they exist in doesn't follow any consistent rules
If you didn't like TTGL then I don't understand why you're watching this.
>>
>>102143528
A character mentioning a secret keikaku 5 minutes previously isn't really foreshadowing.
>>
>>102143448
Yes. they foreshadowed the ability of life fiber clothing transforming early on. Ryuuko and Senketsu tried it and being a Kamui (previously stated as being made of 100% life fiber) it was obvious she would be able to do much more.

You're lazy anon?
>>
>>102143604
>Gamagori transforms in the previous episode
Are you just ignoring my post? Are you also ignoring the fact that Senketsu noticed Gama's transformation and was thinking about it? He also was thinking about it well before 5 minutes. Go watch the show before being a retard and shitposting about it.
>>
>>102143567
It removes the tension and makes it feels uniportant.

Fighting for life and death is kinda more exciting than fighting for who won and who lost.

If Gamigori actually did seppuku this would make show thrilling.
>>
>>102143523
Which clothes did he get the plane powers from though? It's just odd that he conveniently grew a jetpack exactly when he needed it and never really bothered with anything like that previously.

>>102143678
>shitposting

I just don't see how "this guy transforms" translates to "my suit can transform into anything whenever exactly when I need it to". Life fiber transformations makes sense but Senketsu's doesn't seem to have any kind of limit or natural progression.
>>
>>102143779
I don't know about you, seeing Satsuki getting wrecked like she did was pretty painful to watch, even Ryuuko didn't believe what she was seeing. Anyway, I'd be okay with some characters dying (like the devas).
>>
>>102143855
> is fighting and absorbing life fibers all the way up to this episode
> no limit or natural progression
im not the anon you're talking to but fuck damn dude you're not making any sense
>>
File: happening.jpg (1.59 MB, 1195x3026)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
Anyone have the updated pic?
>>
>>102143448
It was foreshadowed before the series started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRzVIhBBQg
>>
>>102143855
>I just don't see how "this guy transforms" translates to "my suit can transform into anything whenever exactly when I need it to". Life fiber transformations makes sense but Senketsu's doesn't seem to have any kind of limit or natural progression.
Did you forget that Senketsu has triple the life fibers that Gama's suit has? Did you forget that Senketsu had been absorbing 2 Stars fibers for about 6 episodes? It's just the fact that Senketsu is way more powerful than a 3 Star uniform. It should be pretty easy to see how it lead to it if you aren't a complete retard.
>>
>>102143855
First it was using it's string to catch the scissor when it went out of Ryuko's hand.

Then it realised that it can shange shape.
And turning into a plane was no surprise assuming it can change into anything.

Well that's still a shounen, what do you expect? that's an absolutely normal power growth it's pretty normal for shounen, other are often much worse and dumber.
>>
>>102143779
>It removes the tension and makes it feels uniportant.
But it doesn't. It only does if you're an edgy kid that needs people dying left and right.
>>
>>102143942

You just posted the most updated version. I haven't seen anything beyond that.
>>
>>102143855
>It's just odd that he conveniently grew a jetpack exactly when he needed it and never really bothered with anything like that previously.
Senketsu had a jetpack back in episode 3. Just the thrusters are pointed UP instead of DOWN, pushing Ryuko into the concrete floor. Probably a heck of a lot faster and more useful to point the thrusters in any other direction.
>>
>>102143376
>If the world they exist in doesn't follow any consistent rules outside of the strength of resolve then it's like watching the writers decide who wins this week by throwing darts at a dartboard.

There are typically two categories that fight scenes can fall into.
The first is when the fight itself is important. The focus is on the mechanics behind the fight, what details becomes the difference between victory and defeat, and the manner in which the fighters set up and execute their respective hands.
This is what I think you mean by your consistent rules.

Kill la Kill, however, in it's scope, uses the second catagory; what's important is not the fight, but "why they are fighting."
In this aspect, the way the fight proceeds does not matter, because the focus is on the clash of wills, and not the clash of skills or smarts. The purpose of the fight is to build character from the confrontation itself. A character can go on to achieve something they could not do previously simply because it was within their characterization to "be able to" improve in such a manner.

Each one has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's understandable to prefer one over the other, however; just don't feel betrayed when it was never meant to be what it didn't want to be in the first place.
>>
>>102143855
>It's just odd that he conveniently grew a jetpack exactly when he needed it
Goddamn you really just did not watch the show did you? Did you totally forget about YOU'VE GOT BOOST POWER in the third episode when Ryuuko Synchronized?
>>
>>102143908
Senketsu didn't transform a single time previously all the way up to the fight with Gamagoori or show any signs of getting powered up. Then he gets two power ups in a row precisely when they're needed? I'm sorry but I just can't suspend my disbelief that far.

>>102143971
Why didn't he transform in either fight with monkey if Senketsu is so inherently superior? He could've turned himself to steel or something to make monkey's men dou kote useless. Instead Ryuuko lost. Why is it that he essentially becomes a shapeshifting killing machine only for the tournament?
>>
>>102144007
Even DBZ had a pretty natural progression. Transformations are a pretty big deal in those kinds of series.
>>
>>102144271
>Senketsu didn't transform a single time previously all the way up to the fight with Gamagoori or show any signs of getting powered up.
Except for the fact that he was constantly absorbing life fibers, retard.
>Why didn't he transform in either fight with monkey if Senketsu is so inherently superior?
Wow. You really didn't pay attention to the show. Were you browsing /a/ or something while watching because it's ridiculously obvious you didn't pay attention or didn't even watch it and just absorbed things on /a/ about it.
>>
>>102143228
>You're the one saying a direct lie. The "asspulls" you refer too
Are you kidding? I never said "asspulls" once, please take some care whom you quote.
>>
File: shut yo mouth.jpg (365.94 KB, 1200x746)
365.94 KB
365.94 KB JPG
>>102143779
>dramatic tension NEEEEEEEEDS death
>>
>>102144559
I assumed you were who I replied to. If you're not then sorry, but fuck off because you're not adding anything to the discussion besides fanbase wars bullshit.
>>
File: ryuko doutonbori robo.png (505.64 KB, 852x470)
505.64 KB
505.64 KB PNG
>>102143476
>>
>>102143344
See, that's IRC level of trolling right here. Either it's legitimate trolls that give a flying fuck about KlK, or it's KlKfags who try to copy the retardation to disrupt all legit criticism of the show.
Either way it's pure shitposting. Worst fanbase.
>>
>>102144271
>I'm sorry but I just can't suspend my disbelief that far.

You're in the right to feel that way; that's how the characters themselves viewed the situation as well.
Remember the line that went something like "she's progressing at a faster rate than we had expected," that was spoken by Nudist Beach?
It seemed that the intention was to make it understandable why Nudist Beach mohawk was fretting over the way things were playing out-- rightful so, because moments later, Ryuuiko turned into a mad abomination due to a combination of her progression and instability.
>>
File: dtr u faget.gif (43.10 KB, 260x300)
43.10 KB
43.10 KB GIF
>>102144683
>>102144683
>>102144683
>>
File: 1388948356648.png (270.67 KB, 506x588)
270.67 KB
270.67 KB PNG
>>102141912
>not enjoying series that transition from lighthearted comedy to full-on suffering and death
Do you even Muv Luv?
>>
>>102144716
No actually, Ryuuko turned into Frankenstein because of Nui directly interfering with Senketsu's structure. There is no established limit or consequence for Senketsu's transformation nonsense.
>>
File: 1392437947117.png (234.20 KB, 671x607)
234.20 KB
234.20 KB PNG
>>102144683
>>
KlK is a show for kids and ADHD teens. Not saying it's bad per se; but it's pretty undemanding getting everything shown on screen explained by some character shouting out what happens.
It's some fun entertainment, but how people can delude themselves into thinking there's genuinely good writing in this show is beyond me. Just say "yeah, it's stupid and stuff, but I like it, sue me".
>>
File: ryuko doutonbori robo 2.png (584.82 KB, 849x464)
584.82 KB
584.82 KB PNG
>>102144871
>>102144816
>>102144871
>>102144816
>>
>>102144712
Stop with your shitty fanbase wars shit.
>>
>>102144832
Suffering is overrated.
>>
File: klk wip2.jpg (1.88 MB, 1195x3026)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>102143942
I have this, but I think the episode 18 was just a quick concept.
>>
>>102144964
>fanbase wars
What? There's no other fanbase mentioned, what kind of war should there be?
>>
>>102144832
It wants to be this show but totally not enough suffering and death. It has a bit of those but only for tetriary characters.
>>
File: 1383713552642.png (71.81 KB, 250x272)
71.81 KB
71.81 KB PNG
>>102141912
>but now It looks less perfect to me
Pic related.

How can KLK be perfect if it don't have any animation and the writing is the worst from last year?
>>
So do you guys think Satsuki is just going to bounce back from her defeat or will she need convincing from Ryuuko/Mako/The Elite Four
>>
>>102145018
I liked the doompaul. Perhaps it should be incorporated into the background
>>
>>102145026
Fanbase wars is in reference to anybody just shitposting about fanbases like it matters. Every fanbase is pure fucking shit and everybody knows it, so it adds nothing to the conversation and is just shitposting.
>>
File: dtr damn it.gif (809.42 KB, 500x250)
809.42 KB
809.42 KB GIF
>>102144952
>>102144952
>>102144952
>>102144952
>>102144952
>>
>>102145018
too bland.
Better shoop then into being impaled, smashed to the wall and having heart ripped out under life fiber red skies
>>
>>102144933
>KlK is a show for kids
It isn't
>delude themselves into thinking there's genuinely good writing in this show
It's a shonen, what are you talking about?
>>
So it's confirmed that KlK threads have the most amount of shitposting and IRC right?
>>
>>102145065
The suffering has only just begun.
>>
>>102145171
needed this one, thank
>>
File: 1391028046326.gif (1.01 MB, 640x360)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>102145188
>not a show for kids
>It's a shonen
>>
>>102145201
are you new? that has been confirmed even before the show started airing
>>
>>102145091
I'm assuming those water droplets that kept being shown in the PV for next week are tears and who else would be crying after Episode 18? I guess it could be Ryuuko but she's supposed to do something huge next episode so I doubt it.

So I guess the latter, Satsuki will need to helped back on her feet.
>>
>>102145201
You are IRC.
>>
>>102145294
It's not a show for kids and it's a shonen, are you being dense here?
>>
File: ryuko doutonbori robo 3.png (1.86 MB, 1599x856)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>102145171
>>102145171
>>102145171

Thank you.
>>
>>102145065
>little girl get weight of the world put on her
>proceeds to get molested and fucking rekt by her mom
>not suffering
And it's only just begun. We've still got 6 more episodes and we know some people are gonna die by the end.
>>
File: 1367611995639.jpg (86.45 KB, 721x719)
86.45 KB
86.45 KB JPG
>>102145349
>It's not a show for kids and it's a shonen
>>
>>102145294
Do you really think the writing in KlK is trying to be ''serious''?
Come on
>>
>>102144271
except he fucking transform to beat monkey the first time. the second time ryuuko was scared of his power upgrade and ended up losing cause of it. how is this hard to understand.
>>
Isn't klk a seinen?
>>
>>102145091
>Ryuuko: Huh. I thought you were a tough. Stand up.
>Satsuki: It's over Matoi. There's nothing more I can do
>Ryuuko: Any sister of mine would never say that. You can't lose your way now,
>>
>>102145400
You sure told me :)
>>
>>102145458

No, it's manchild
>>
>>102145400
We know what you're getting at here, but it's clearly not a show for children. Most of the things happening are pretty adult oriented.
>>
>>102145438
yes, it clearly is, nothing important that has happened came off as a joke.
>dumb shit
>IT-ITS A PARODY GUISE
>>
>Also life fibers evoluting humans is a blatant Guyver ripoff
>evoluting
And you mean a 2001 ripoff, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>102141912
Nobody died in episode one. The subs you had for it are wrong, they don't say he died at all in Japanese.

And Trigger outright said episode 4 was that director's playground to have fun with. Nobody has been killed actually, it's all a joke.

Now Barazo is the only confirmed person in the series to actually kill people. He's even a murderer as confirmed by Mako herself. But nobody draws attention to it and we don't have threads on BARAZO, THE MOST EVIL PERSON IN KLK merely because you're supposed to laugh off Barazo.
>>
I think the characters are enjoyable, but the plot not so much. I can't get riled up about clothing.
>>
>>102145559
holy shit you are the most retarded person in this thread
>>
>>102145458
It is. That shitposter is just being a shitposter posting worse girl
>>
>>102145188
>fights with powerups
>cartoony as fuck
>not a kids show
ALRIGHTY THEN
>>
>>102145537
>>102145500
But in the PV for episode 4 Senketsu tells the viewers to go to bed on time so they can get up bright and early for school.

It's clearly a kid's show marketed towards kids.
>>
>>102145146
>Every fanbase is pure fucking shit
Implying. Also you can differentiate. Fanbases like the ones from Trigger, SnK, SAO or Naruto are the shittiest fanbases ever and they should just die
>>
>>102145091
I can see them having fun party with mistery shit-food in Mako's house with gamagori and ryuko.

Trigger will do whis because it's as ridiculous as it can ever get.
This is the kind of show it is, they try to make something ridiculous and to make it be taken seriousy.

>That life fiber theory
>serious plot going on
>suddenly bare ass robots attck
>>
>>102145346
I actually think the next episode will be a Deva/Nudist Beach episode. But that's just the impression I got from the PV
>>102145490
I'd prefer a Mako pep talk to Satsuki but that's be cool too
>>
>>102145567
Oh wait, I mean ignoring Nui/Ragyou. Obviously they have killed people. This is about everyone else. Satsuki shows that she goes out of the way to save lives like with Gamagoori's flashback and whatnot. She doesn't go around killing people.
>>
>>102145654
But anon that's just mean
>>
>>102145559
You are not even watching the show, stop already.
>>
>>102145677
Ryuuko's seiyuu said next week's episode is her favorite, Ryuuko is in it and will play a huge part.
>>
>>102145651
>But in the PV for episode 4 Senketsu tells the viewers to go to bed on time so they can get up bright and early for school.
You're not funny man. You're just not.
>>
>>102145651
Haha, nope. It comes on at 2 am in Japan.
>>
File: reaction old guy.jpg (82.61 KB, 1280x720)
82.61 KB
82.61 KB JPG
>>102145201
klk fags don't realize they are the shitposters and IRC.
you don't need 10 threads everyday+shitting up any other threads just because you like a shit show
>>
>>102145603
That's why its entertaining.
>>
>>102145651
My bad, I apologize
>>
>>102145349
Are you? Shounen is a demographic you fucking idiot, and that demographic is young males, i.e. children.
>>
>>102145736
Oh, cool.
>>
>>102145654
>Fans of things I don't like should just die
Also no you're wrong about fanbases. All of them are shit. Are some more shit than others? Sure, but that doesn't make them any less shit. It's like comparing diarrhea to regular shit. Yeah one is worse, but it's still shit either way you look at it.
>>
>>102145740
>>102145746
Why can't you just accept that anime of the season is a kid's show for children marketed towards little asian kids?
>>
>>102145703
Yes, and?
>>
>>102145783
Yep, but that's not my point.
>>
>>102145768
>please discuss my unpopular show
>stop discussing shows you like
>it's shit please discuss my show
>>
>>102145820
Because Trigger themselves said for months before it came out that it wasn't?

They made it for themselves and fans that were sick of otaku pandering.

Trigger aren't children and the fans that buy stuff aren't kids.
>>
>>102145820
Because it's aired very late at night in Japan and has very vivid images of molestation.
>>
>>102145820
Because watching a mom fingering his own daugther is for kids, right :)
>>
>>102145867
hahaha THIS
>>
>>102145768
It's not my problem our show is more popular than yours ñ_ñ
>>
>>102145870
>>102145921
>>102145922

just stop responding to obvious bait
>>
>>102145921
>>102145922
That's just the Japanese cultural gap. In Japan kids stay up late and get molested all the time and it's not a big deal.
>>
>>102145537
> Most of the things happening are pretty adult oriented.

Wut. The show is an endless stream of juvenile silliness.
>>
>>102145870
>dislike otaku pandering
>LETS MAKE A SHOW WITH HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS SHOWING OFF THEIR TITS
also
>Because Trigger themselves said for months before it came out that it wasn't?
citation needed
>>
>>102145999
and let the retards side with him?
nah
>>
>>102145768
IRC pls
>>
>>102145816
No, they should die because they're plain retarded. Most of them are underage too

>All fanbases are shit
You've never seen an Aria or Nihei thread?

>>102145820
>anime of the season
Very funny
>>
>>102146037
>impyling its not one and the same person
>>
>>102146021
>The show is an endless stream of juvenile silliness.
Yes. Molestation and baby death are totally juvenile.
>>
File: father son holy spirit.jpg (253.29 KB, 1089x1600)
253.29 KB
253.29 KB JPG
>>102145922
you can do anything when your christ
>>
>KLK not AOTS

stop being so mad that your shitty moeshit show isn´t as popular
>>
>>102146105
Gotta throw in that shounen edginess somewhere.
>>
>>102146105
They are when they are approached with the level of butterfingers manbabby deftness as they are in KLK.
>>
>>102146172
>>102146195
you are really bad at this, really, really bad
>>
>>102146068
>No, they should die because they're plain retarded. Most of them are underage too
I bet it's the same with your favorite show too.
>You've never seen an Aria or Nihei thread?
No because I haven't really watched them. Also we're not just talking about 4chan. We're talking about everywhere. You really think a group of people on Tumblr doesn't have a huge hard on for those shows and probably makes horrendous fanart? It's the same with every fanbase. The only differences in fanbases is how big they are for the most part. The bigger the fanbase the shittier it becomes.
>>
>>102146172
It's not shounen though.
>>102146195
>butterfingers manbabby
I can't tell if this is funny or just retarded.
>>
>>102141912
>animes
into le trash it goes :^)
>>
>>102146269
Just stop responding to the guy already
Pretty easy to spot shitposters who aren't even watching the show
>>
File: implying samefag.png (3.81 KB, 333x99)
3.81 KB
3.81 KB PNG
>>102146269
Yeah okay.
>>
>>102146362
And people try to tell me that KlK threads are all the fans shitposting and not IRC and samefaggots upset because it's popular.
>>
File: image.png (44.46 KB, 1116x530)
44.46 KB
44.46 KB PNG
>>102146444
What are you getting at?
>>
File: 1389932177657.gif (813.92 KB, 300x225)
813.92 KB
813.92 KB GIF
>>102146013
>>
File: asdf.jpg (37.16 KB, 390x295)
37.16 KB
37.16 KB JPG
>>102141912
fat kid from episode 1 didn't die

he just got temporarily crucified
>>
File: 1392355336546.gif (1.12 MB, 240x160)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB GIF
Don't worry, there's still some love in there.
>>
>>102146631
I giggled
>>
>>102146631

God. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T SHE STICK IT IN?! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, DON'T FUCKING TEASE ME. JUST FUCKING STICK IT IN!!!
>>
>>102146631
Now I want subway.
>>
File: 1392422954358.gif (1.12 MB, 240x160)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB GIF
>>102146685

Ok, here.
>>
>>102146631
I actually have Cheetos Flaming Hot in my house...
(They are delicious)
>>
>>102146806

I used to eat flamin hot cheetos all the time back in highschool. I haven't eaten any in over a year though.
>>
>>102142980

This clearly is intentional, that way they can pull a MUH FEELS 10/10 ENDING ;_; and everyone will remember KLK like the TTGL of this decade when TTGL was mediocre as best.

You can see how diferent the first 8 episodes are with the rest of the series, wich makes me think that they started the production of the anime before they even finished the script, which makes sense with all the inconsistencies they have have, specially in the flashbacks.
>>
>>102146780
thank fucking god

i cant belive it took so long to make, but it was worth it.

saved.
>>
>>102144952
why does he call it a DTR?
>>
Fist of the north star was a shounen. Many mothers complained about the violence and the blood had to be censored to white.

But basically, it does not even fucking matter, shounen or seinen. You can expect a lot of fun non brutal shounen anime, but it is not a rule. And vice versa for seinen anime. Oh and KlK is a late night anime and therefore, probably part of the seinen demographic.
>>
>>102146876
>when TTGL was mediocre as best.
Why are you even watching KlK if you think this?
>>
>>102146967

DouTonbori Robo
>>
>>102146967
DouTonbori Robo
>>
>>102147037
You can't be fucking serious
>>
>>102147037
I haven't watched TTGL and I'm watching this, is that a problem?
>>
>>102147048
>>102147041
sorry, badly worded. why does he dislike it being called DouTonbori robo? also what does that even mean?
>>
It's fucking Trigger, they are the Seth MacFarlane of anime.
>>
>>102147255
Doutonbori refers to a street bearing the same name in Osaka, although I partially forgot what was peculiar about it.

Perhaps it was Osaka's Red light district.
>>
>>102147182
Well it's made by the same people that made it and it's gotta a very similar art style and it's also got TTGL's ridiculous over the top nature. It doesn't make sense for someone who didn't like TTGL to watch this.
>>102147229
No because you have no opinion on TTGL, but if you didn't like TTGL I don't see why you'd watch KlK at all.
>>
>characters no dying when they are killed
try harder kid
>>
>>102147255
shit I forgot, we had a discussion about this back then
>>
>>102147337
I plan to watch TTGL in the future, haven't watched an anime in years so I decided to give it a try with KlK.
>>
>>102147337
TTGL is similar to KLK as Dragonball is similar to DBZ.
>>
>>102147329
>Doutonbori
Just looked it up, it's a famous tourist district. close enough:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Dtonbori
>>
>>102147337
I feel it's more like a mix between TTGL and P&S.
I liked TTGL but PS was a complete sack of shit. I expected something new but they just can't.
See.>>102147316
>>
>>102147568
Really, I feel like its more a mix of Inferno Cop and P&S
>>
>>102147445
>TTGL is similar to KLK as Dragonball is similar to DBZ.
So very similar? Yeah they are different, but they are also very fucking similar.
>I feel it's more like a mix between TTGL and P&S.
Which is why it's great
>PSG
>complete sack of shit
>replying to your own shitty post from earlier
Stop.
>>
>>102147656
>replying
I'm quoting it you fucking retard.
Also, PS had no redeeming qualies apart from the OST. It just was your typical lolsorandum shit.
Add it to the action from TTGL and you have KLK.
>>
>>102147824
>PSG
>KlK
>lolsorandum
You're retarded and have bad taste.
>>
>>102147824
>not denying you quoted your own post
You're not making yourself look any better here.
>>
>>102147974
I'm quoting it because I was too lazy to write it again,
Just fuck off.
>>
>>102148073
You fuck off first with your shit taste.
>>
>>102147916
KLK is PSG plus the action from TTGL and some of FLCL.
Is it that hard to understand ?
>>
>>102148135
No and I agree with you. I was just stating KlK and PSG are not "lolsorandum"
>>
>>102145870

>that were sick of otaku pandering.

But the show itself is full of 70´s/80´s references and tropes that only otakus could understand and appreciate.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/225692543/References.html
>>
>>102148183
>PSG
>toilet humor
>swearing for the sake of swearing
>sex jokes
>not randum shit
Sure dude.
KLK's humor might not be that awful but the essence stays.
>>
> All this KLK defense force

Oh how I long for the day when anime isn't held to a lower standard by retards who think shitty storytelling is an inherent trait of the medium.

Anime can be better than this. All it takes is passionate, talented storytellers. But no, studio's will keep using remarkably skilled animators to shit out this garbage because muh fanservice and muh powerlevels.

Dream bigger, anons.
>>
>>102148221
I think they mean the typical moe otaku
>>
>>102148374
>stop having fun

no
>>
>>102148351
>any of that
>lolsorandum
None of it is inherently bad either. Please learn what the term "lolsorandum" means before using it.
>>
>>102148221
Enjoying the page, thanks
>>
Setting aside trolling and KlK in particular, what's with all the edgefags claiming that a show needs to be believable or have character deaths to be good? Are people seriously so desperate to prove how 'adult' they are that they can't enjoy something fun and ridiculous?
>>
>>102148374
I think you are looking in the wrong place. Stop watching anime, how about that?
>>
Kill la Kill feels a lot like an anime Tarantino would make.
>>
>>102148374
what are you on?
>>
>>102148517
care to elaborate?
>>
>>102148495
people who think deaths make a show good are Narutofan-tier lowlifes, don´t pay attention to them
>>
>>102148374
>every anime must be what I want it to be
I bet you're the kind of guy that only watches "mature" oscar bait films and hated Pacific Rim because you forgot how to have fun.
>>
>>102148586
the crazy amount of blood that spurts out of people is similar to how blood is done in many of tarantino films
see: kill bill volumes 1 & 2
>>
>>102148374
wow you sound like one hell of an elitist faggot
>>
File: 1337272065334.png (118.96 KB, 392x366)
118.96 KB
118.96 KB PNG
>>102148374
>Anime can be better than this. All it takes is passionate, talented storytellers

If you want a better story then read manga. Anime is for fanservice and SAKUGA
>>
>>102148689
but there only were like 2 scenes in KLK like this
>>
>>102148586
style over substance
>>
>>102148482
Oh yeah it's called Trying too hard.
Please explain what lolsorandum means and why PSG (and by extense KLK) have none of it.
>>
File: 1391615316326.jpg (75.95 KB, 499x352)
75.95 KB
75.95 KB JPG
The problem with all of you is that you expect it to be the next TTGL.

Threads have people going "EPISODE 8 INCOMING MAKO DEATH!" or trying to relive TTGL OC like >>102145018 and looking for patterns comparable to TTGL's story structure. While I get not all will have the same opinion but I think it's unfair that KLK gets some flak for not doing things TTGL did in terms of story structure, narrative, etc.
>>
>>102148936
You can't explain why something has none of a given quality. The onus is on the person trying to prove that it does.
>>
>>102148938
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>102149009
Then just explain what is lolsorandum.
>>
>>102148938

>all of you is that you expect it to be the next TTGL.

Even Trigger said that they were trying to move away from TTGL, but all the fans want this to be TTGL 2.0.
>>
>>102149226
its nothing more than a made up buzzword that people use who have no idea how to make a valid critique
>>
>>102148464
>>102148514
>>102148543
>>102148659
>>102148716
>>102148731

What gets me is that you're the same ol' faggots that would rage against shit like Bay's Transformers so hard, despite it being the same flavour of vapid, action-packed drudgery.
>>
For me the problem is I care about none of teh characters. Half the time they are being so silly I don't get invested in them and the rest they are screaming cliches at each other which gives men no reason to care

For action to mean something you have to have characters you want to win
>>
>>102148936
"lolsorandum" is usually said to be humor that has no set-up. That's why it's random. Now go be a retard elsewehere.
>>
>>102149413
nope, I enjoyed Transformers
>>
>>102149413
Transformers isn't funny, doesn't have good VA, a good premise, and has the fight scenes are not tense or interesting. They are not the same.
>>
>>102149413
I raged at Transformers because the Transformers look like absolute ass. Other than that the movies are fun enough for a series based off of plastic toys for 5 year olds.
>>
>>102149226
Non sequiturs or meaningless nonsense used to show how silly, irreverent, and funny someone is but actually just coming off as stupid. For example, when asked what you would like to order at a restaurant replying with "sentient cheese filled waffles" and expecting people to find you hilarious. If it's actually funny, or if there's actually some reasoning behind the joke, it's not randumb.
>>
>>102148938
I really can´t deny that I at least expected KLK to reach TTGL levels of over the top craziness, but who knows there are 6 episodes left and the last 2 were fucking hype already
>>
>>102149413
That's an issue of execution, not concept. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a movie that is not meant to be taken seriously, but not all silly movies are equally good.
>>
>>102149441
>>102149556
But PSG has a lot of it.
>>
>>102148938
Agreed.

I think klkfags want to be the part of the HAPPENING. They want to be like those anon who start the thread with "where were yuo when Mako is kill", "remember when KlK aired?", etc.

And it's not only limited to KlK. I mean, something like "GC is the next CG", etc.
>>
>>102149691
It doesn't. There is clear set ups for most of PSG's jokes. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>102149591

That's one thing I find sensible if you want it to reach TTGL levels of "over the top" but it's silly when people expect something gamebreaking to happen on episode 8, 11 or have a time skip and shit just because TTGL did those things as well.

Instead of hoping it to be the next TTGL, they should hope for it to be the first KLK if that makes any sense.
>>
>>102148938
>The problem with all of you is that you expect it to be the next TTGL.
I haven't watched it so no
>>
>>102148938
I still think it is the next TTGL just in a different way. The last few episodes have been hype as fuck. They have clear differences in tone and most things, but when it comes to action and over the top nonsense I think they are pretty comparable.
>>
File: 1341001696960.jpg (123.39 KB, 495x700)
123.39 KB
123.39 KB JPG
>>102141912
>I enjoy the series
There's your problem, faggot.
>>
>>102149691

When? There's a lot of prude potty and sex jokes but that's inline with the characters and their behavior.
>>
>>102141912
Anyone tell me why Satsukifags are making a big deal of her getting beat up?

Tell me, /a/, why was there no outrage of Satsuki backtsabbing her mother in the back, stabbing her heart, affixing her mother's body to a make-shift crucifix, and climaxing in Satsuki decapitating her mother's head yet outrage over Satsuki's mother beating up Satsuki with her fists alone and not even attacking with a katana?
>>
>>102149827
>hype as fuck

Go away.
>>
>>102149770
>Instead of hoping it to be the next TTGL, they should hope for it to be the first KLK
I agree
>>
>>102149691
It has trashy humor, slapstick humor, stupid humor (as well as some clever stuff here and there), but lolsorandumb bullshit? Not really. The jokes were all based on SOMETHING, be it a situation, characterization, whatever. I can't think of anything random.
But if it really was full of that, you can provide an example or two, right?
>>
>>102149872
no u
>>
>>102149413
There's more to anime than just story and there is a distinction between it and live action. So don't treat it as the same.
>>
>>102149770
>Instead of hoping it to be the next TTGL, they should hope for it to be the first KLK if that makes any sense.
The problem is that is just a okay action series and not really anything special.
>>
>>102149871
Because one is the champion of humanity. The other is a alien-human hybrid molester.
>>
>>102149871
Actual Satsukifags aren't bitching
>>
File: 1340086968612.jpg (33.85 KB, 317x358)
33.85 KB
33.85 KB JPG
>>102142960
>>102142520

Don't care about the actual thread, just skimmed it, but holy shit this is such retarded logic.

If it's a show that is currently airing, then there will be spoilers fucking everywhere. That's because on a board where people DISCUSS ANIME you'd think they're going to openly DISCUSS ANIME. If you have time to find threads, screencap the rules, and shitpost constantly, don't you think you'd have time to catch up to the current episode of a fucking airing show? Otherwise you'd stay away from /a/ until you're caught up, because you know it's where people are going to DISCUSS ANIME.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>102149591
>>102149827
The creators said that KLK's finale would be more outrageous than TTGL's.
>>
>>102149976
>The problem is that I have opinions
>>
>>102149871
Because Satsuki is great and Ragyo is shit.

Seriously, I haven't seen much in the way of this outrage you're talking about. Satsuki's my favourite character so obviously I don't want to see her get the shit kicked out of her, but it made sense in the story, she had to lose sooner or later, and I'm sure she'll get another shot. It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>102149976
That's YOUR opinion
>>
>>102149976
it is fun as fuck for a shit ton of people
isn´t that enough?
>>
>>102148938
>>102149770

Fucking this.

I never really hoped this would be the next TTGL,I mean,I liked it,but is over.

I'm watching KLK and that's KLK
>>
>>102150014
I really hope they deliver on it, but I'm still not sure they will. Hopefully they do and I'm surprised and raving about it like I did with TTGL, but if it isn't I've set my expectations at a decent point to not get disappointed.
>>
File: 117.gif (630.03 KB, 500x281)
630.03 KB
630.03 KB GIF
>>102141912
Basically, I was kinda sad after the episode, but anime has to pull you in and so did KLK. Waiting like mad cunt for next ep.
>>
File: 1387775288800.jpg (775.88 KB, 900x1387)
775.88 KB
775.88 KB JPG
So has Satsuki's current Junketsu been the equivalent to Ryuuko's Weaketsu this whole time? Is that why she overheats and can't transform?
>>
>>102150028
>>102150079
>implying you don't have an opinion
>implying your opinion isn't WRONG
>>
>>102150028
KlK really doesn't do anything special though. The action is well made but nothing revolutionary in terms of animation or more epic than we have seen before. The soundtrack doesn't stand out and the design isn't something new either

It is just a very okay show
>>
>>102149976
>The problem is that is just a okay action series and not really anything special.
So was TTGL.
>>
>>102150133
Nah she just has a nasty yeast infection.
>>
>>102150094
The point he was making is it is the first of stuff when really it is just another action show
>>
>>102150159
>My opinions are fact
>the soundtrack doesn't stand out
That's just shit taste right there.
>>
>>102150159
>KlK really doesn't do anything special though.
Huh
>>
>>102149976
And your problem is that when you present heavily your opinions,especially this way,it stops being a valid argument.

Other people will disagree with you.
>>
>>102150133
She did have limited transformation. The issue was that she and Junketsu were constantly fighting each other for domination with Satsuki forcing it to do what she needed, whereas Ryuko and Senketsu were working as a team and supporting each other.
>>
>>102142310

I think the DEAD, KILL etc stuff is just bombastic yelling about shit. The series is more about the struggle, plot, PLOT and other reference fanservice. Dude to the whacky comedy and over the top combat you can never truly judge where or when death should occur, because beating character up is all style, we've had only once direct and confirmed death thus far. So I guess listening to explicit 'they are dead' is the only way, but many characters just yell the generic 'kill them' so the whole thing is in limbo.
>>
I want /v/ to leave already. Is that even possible at this point?
>>
>>102150264
What is the new special thing it does then? How in any way has it effected anything? It is just an okay show
>>
kIll la shit, wow, this entire arc has been so predictable, I've never seen a more tired and shitty storyline ever, jesus christ even girls und panzer is better than this.

Honestly, if you like this show, or think its redeeming in any way, you are confirmed for shit-tier taste
>>
>>102150307
It is not ''just an okay show''
>>102150342
Try harder
>>
>>102150159
That really is an opinion. Personally I really enjoy the art style, I find the characters very likeable, and I think the soundtrack is terrific (with a couple exceptions).
There's nothing wrong with not liking it, but you shouldn't try to portray that opinion as objective fact.
>>
>>102150408
>It is not ''just an okay show''

Nice opinion nerd.
>>
>>102150342
and here we go again
>>
>>102149724
>>102149864
>>102149887
Maybe it was just me but many of the things that happened there felt completely out of nowhere, like the semen episode, the transformers espisode, stocking being a demon, the Heidi scene, jokes around Chuck (slapstick for no resson), and things like that. Don't remember specific parts.
Sorry but It's been years and I felt the show was trying to be "something else" wi all of that but in the end it was just shit.
>>
>>102150418
I'm not saying you can't like something I'm saying it is just another action series. KlK isn't the first of anything as it doesn't do anything new and nothing better than stuff before it
>>
>>102150342
is this your first attempt at shitposting?
>>
>>102150307
The "special thing" depends of every person.

What's seemingly special to someone is probably not that special to you.
>>
>>102150418
What 'exceptions' about the soundtrack? Besides from I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD and overused AdラLib
>>
>>102150539
All of those were set up. Especially the jokes around Chuck. Why would you act like you know the show when you just admitted that you don't remember it very well?
>>
KLK is a mai-hime tier boring show.
>>
>>102150548
well it is not like we get anime with groundbreaking new concepts on a frequent basis
>>
>>102150571
Yet no one seems to be able to name anything people might find special other than they like it. Shows don't become greats and defining cause it is kinda good they have stand out features
>>
>>102150650
no
>>
>>102150663
No we don't and people hyping the show up like it is are being silly
>>
>>102150559
yeah. "shit-posting", you shill la shill fags can't get over the fact t hat this show is fundamentally terrible

It started off with an amazing beginning and I was lured into thining it would break the shitty mold of all modern anime but it settled into a nice formulaic grind that proved to be once again, undeserving of any merit or praise.

Great premise, great art, SHIT tier execution
>>
>>102150307
>new
Nothing in fiction is ever truly new.
>>
>>102150548
>and nothing better than stuff before it
It's done plenty of stuff better than stuff before it. Maybe not better than SOME stuff, but better than a lot. Nobody is saying KlK is the first anime to do something because it isn't and nobody is saying it's the best thing ever because it isn't. You don't have to be the best or the first to be really good.
>>
>>102150764

Except nobody is, people just like the show a lot.
>>
I think some of you have way too big of an attachment to this show. That copypasta about "lose your way" is actually really accurate.
>>
>>102150776
What a load of bollocks, are you telling me Tolstoys Anna Karenin or Steven Eriksons Malazan book of the fallen are "borrowed" from somewhere?

Jesus christ the amount of retardation ITT
>>
>>102150775
>I was lured into thining it would break the shitty mold of all modern anime

and that was your mistake, you have nobody but yourself to blame here
>>
>>102150548
Whether it does anything new is irrelevant. I don't think I've seen anything I would call new in about ten years (live action or anime), just different takes on the same stuff, and even then it was just things that seemed new to me because I hadn't gone back far enough yet. Whether it's better or not is entirely a matter of opinion.

>>102150637
Suck your blood.
>>
>>102150824

>Stop correcting people
>>
>>102150775
>shill la shill
>fundamentally terrible
>amazing beginning
>formulaic grind
>SHIT tier execution
You're not tricking anybody, buddy. Best go to another thread and be more discreet.
>>
>>102150776
A robot found deep down of the apocalyptic earth eventually combining till it is universe size was done before?
>>
>>102150764
are you referring to the "lol KLK is saving anime" may may? Only idiots took that serious
>>
File: 1391688875571.gif (2.80 MB, 480x270)
2.80 MB
2.80 MB GIF
>>
>>102150847
how am I to blame for the fundamentally cancerous nature of the industry right now? Curious

>>102150882
>hurr durr says something i disagree with, must be a le master trole

About the only thing "innovative" kill la kill did was make distasteful molestation scenes every 3 episoodes.
>>
>>102150918
finally not the ring ring version
fukken saved
>>
>>102150868
>Whether it does anything new is irrelevant.
The guy said it should be the first of something, seeing as it doesn't do anything new it is relevant to the point I was making

>>102150800
Again, that just means it is an okay show. My point was someone saying that it isn't the firt of anything
>>
>>102150775
>I was lured into thining it would break the shitty mold of all modern anime
/v/ please go
>>
>>102150892
yep, mayans did it, try again
>>
>>102150952
first stop watching anime
and secondly stop trying so hard
>>
>>102150952
It's not even the fact that you're disagreeing with anybody. You're acting like your opinion is fact, saying things that are objectively wrong, and pure shitposting like your whole post right here. You're not tricking anybody because you're being really obvious.
>>
>>102150834
They were built up from previous ideas and styles.
But really, if you're going back over a century to find examples of new ideas in fiction then you've already lost the argument.
>>
>>102150952
>>
>>102150993
The mayans had the concept of robots and specifically a head shaped drill robot that used magical energy to combine with machines, another concept they didn't have, to become a giant robot as big as universes, which they didn't know about
>>
>>102150875
Case and point.
>>
>>102150764
>thinking the BASED TRIGGER SAVING ANIME was real
>>
>>102150646
dont' see how beating Chuck while other things were going on are set up.Or a segment when the characters just keep in talking while relaxing on their sofa.
But anyway, like you say, it's just things that I remember not too well, maybe it was all set up from the beggining the toilet humor, the sex jokes, all those facks and bicchi and sheet were all there for some plot-sake reason.
>>
KLAK may not be the best of best anime, but In a world of moe shit and nonsense ecchi, it's the there's been in a while
>>
>>102151074
malazan series is 10 years old..
>>
>>102150903
>>102151117
It isnt? ):
>>
>>102150969
>first of X
That's a subjective judgment based on how you define X. For example, it could be a combination of existing traits, a notable execution of them, etc. What makes something 'first of' is that it spawns imitators without being an imitator itself.

I also think you're missing his point, which as I read it was that it should be taken on its own merits rather than compared to another show.
>>
>>102150969
>he guy said it should be the first of something
That's not what he was saying at all. He was saying people should treat it like it's own entity rather than saying it's TTGL 2.0. That was that guy's point.
>Again, that just means it is an okay show.
There is a middle ground. Do you not think any show is "good"? Why does it either have to be 10/10 SAVIOR OF ANIME or meh or shit? There is room in the middle and that's where KlK is. It's a 8/10 show. Not 10/10, not 5-6/10. At least in my opinion it is.
>>
>>102151117
But they did it in 2007.

B-believe in Trigger guys!
>>
>>102151219
Okay, I didn't recognize it. What about it is new or unique?
>>
>>102142138
She straight up said she couldn't reveal any of her plans to Ragyou. She needed to test out her army's equipment to see if it was ready. She also needed to get Ragyou to come to Honnouji. Which part of that makes attacking the Nudist Beach stupid again?
>>
>>102151129
>dont' see how beating Chuck while other things were going on are set up
It was a recurring joke. That's the definition of a set up joke.
>>
>>102151057
Well if you disagree, please state why?

I believe this show is a testament to mediocrity, it had the chance to maturely tackle the topic of rape and molestation and instead chose to make it a cheap fanservice subplot that involves doing an activity that is fundamentally quite repulsive.

KLK HAD potential, after first 3 episodes one could be forgiven to think it was going places. But it wasn't. It was degeneration into familiar tropes and tired old repetitiveness.

>>102151312
It's essentially fantasy that is a departure from traditional Tolkien-tropes entirely, with massive scope in worldbuilding (the author is an archaeologist by profession). Basically, it's an indication of how "innovative" modern fantasy is.

Another one you can use is "The First Law" which turns fantasy tropes on its head and laughs all the way to the bank
>>
>>102150700
But what kind of response are you looking for? Other than the repeated "likeable characters","Nice OST","Badass scenes","Over the topness" without putting their opinions on to you if you will most likely disagree with them?

There are people who mark it as nothing groundbreaking but highly enjoyable and still can't wait for the next episode as well.
>>
>>102151129
The determination of random is whether something makes sense or follows from the context, for example by being in character or establishing a theme. Not whether it is related to the plot or set up from the beginning.
>>
>>102150892
A girl finding a talking alien sailor suit fighting a dictator student council president with a scissor sword has been done before?
>>
>>102151435
> it had the chance to maturely tackle the topic of rape and molestation

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>102151286
>That's not what he was saying at all
>>102149770
>they should hope for it to be the first KLK if that makes any sense.
I pointed out it wasn't the first of anything then people jumped on me. Even on it's own merits the show has problems though if I point any out people will just scream opinions. Like it or not the show not getting as much hype as other shows says something about it

>There is a middle ground.
Yeah that's what I have been saying. I never said you can't like the show
>>
>>102151521
If you think that I give a shit about SJW agendas, I don't, I'd prefer to see the topic treated with some gravity and a decent vengeance narrative could be applied - rather than some "chakra" bullshit, a tortured history of t he character of Satsuki could underpin a revenge narrative far more than >muh dad
>>
>>102151435
>it had the chance to maturely tackle the topic of rape and molestation and instead chose to make it a cheap fanservice subplot that involves doing an activity that is fundamentally quite repulsive.
Seriously? Are you from tumblr or something? They show is as repulsive. They just don't go into it. Seriously this is the only thing you got?
>KLK HAD potential, after first 3 episodes one could be forgiven to think it was going places. But it wasn't. It was degeneration into familiar tropes and tired old repetitiveness.
It was always Trope City. You'd have to be dumb not to see that in the first three episodes.
>>
>>102151435
That doesn't sound new to me. Authors have been building massive worlds and avoiding or inverting traditional fantasy tropes for decades. It's just not the mainstream of fantasy literature.
>>
>>102150882
>shill la shill
/v/speak fuck off
>>
>>102151608
>It was always Trope City. You'd have to be dumb not to see that in the first three episodes.

Err the fact that the SatsukiXRyuuko antagonism peaked at the beginning rather than an absurdly long buildup was indicative how it was capable for the story to easily sidestep trope city
>>
>>102151596
>>102151435
Satsuki was never molested though
>>
>>102151568
>>they should hope for it to be the first KLK if that makes any sense.
>I pointed out it wasn't the first of anything then people jumped on me.
Exactly because you're misunderstanding what he's saying. He was saying people should view it as it's own entity instead of TTGL 2.0.
> Even on it's own merits the show has problems though if I point any out people will just scream opinions.
Well you were just saying opinions when you were saying "it's merely okay" and you didn't bring up any other points, so you can't blame people for jumping on you.
>Like it or not the show not getting as much hype as other shows says something about it
Not really and it's getting a ton of hype.
>>
>>102151568
> Like it or not the show not getting as much hype as other shows says something about it

what? is ths your first time on /a/? it even got a sticky because of a single episode last thursday that almost reached 5000 replies in mere hours
>>
>>102151793
Not this fucking chakra bullshit again
>>
>>102151596
Of course it was treated with gravity, all the Ragyo molestation and Satsuki's resulting discomfort serve to paint Ragyo as creepy, vamp-ish, evil woman.

SJW-enabler, pls
>>
>>102151755
Actually when I think about it it isn't as "trope-heavy" as people say for a show like this it has a very, very fast pace which is unusual, but while it is fast paced and got through stuff like that it still was trope city.
>Girl has a weapon meant to fight life fibers
>Revenge for my murdered Dad
This is only two, but they are right at the start of the show and what got it going.
>>
>>102151917
There was 0 reason for that thread to get a sticky.
>>
>>102151596
It actually shows a lot about Satsuki's character that she didn't even give a fuck about it all and knew that there were other things that are more important like saving humanity and avenging her father.
>>
>>102151971
Honestly, I wish trigger took more risks like that. It would have endeared the show far more to me, but its understandable given this is their first solo project as a studio
>>
>>102151987
I believe the reason was to keep a hundred separate threads from opening up. It's certainly not the first time that's been done.
>>
>>102150892

Yes.
>>
>>102151987
preventing the whole board being flooded by klk threads seems like a good reason to me
>>
>>102151987
>There was 0 reason for that thread to get a sticky.
If it didn't you'd be bitching about the million KlK threads on the board.
>>
>>102152095
>>102152111
And yet there were still a million KLK threads left up at the time.
>>
>senketsu is dead
>ragyo and co are defeated
>ryuko and satsuki share a moment where they laugh about something together
>ryuko leaves a good bye note for makos family
>she departs from honnouji much like she arrived
>its dusk and ryuko is about to get on a train
>door opens
>HALLELUJAH
>mako is somehow already on a train that just arrived
>ryuko and mako start travelling together
>>
File: Free! Day.jpg (891.82 KB, 1920x2198)
891.82 KB
891.82 KB JPG
>>102151987
>implying
>>
>>102152191
>>102152151
see >>102152169
>>
>>102152090
I honestly think Trigger is taking a lot of risks especially for a new studio. Inferno Cop, LWA, and KlK are not really things that seem like they'll sell in modern anime and I applaud them for doing them because they wanted to. I hope they continue with that and keep doing whatever they want regardless of what's popular.
>>
>>102152169
>>102152232
There would've been more though. The sticky won't contain everything especially when the threads already going, but it'll contain a good amount for a decent time.
>>
>>102152314
Have you ever tried to have a discussion on a sticky ?
They are fucking useless.
>>
File: 1388535934444.jpg (444.93 KB, 1214x1461)
444.93 KB
444.93 KB JPG
>>102152232
Do you remember this as well?
>>
File: 1385350493075.png (219.74 KB, 1280x720)
219.74 KB
219.74 KB PNG
>>102148374
Obviously story is all that matter in a visual medium.

KLK direction and presentation is of the higher tier man. Don't try to diminish it. And it's story just started clam your cow tits.
>>
>>102152416
Maybe, but the point is that stickies are often used to attempt to contain discussion of events that might otherwise interfere with discussion of anything else.
>>
File: 41665389.jpg (158.50 KB, 800x900)
158.50 KB
158.50 KB JPG
Ragyou why
>>
File: 1386519688122.gif (79.57 KB, 301x339)
79.57 KB
79.57 KB GIF
>>102152250
yay!
>>
>>102152250
Trigger isn't taking any risks at all.

Did you miss the Big Ass Kadokawa Logo in KLK's opening?

Also, LWA was actually funded by the Japanese government who have Trigger one of their Cool Japan anime grants and then later, Trigger asked white piggu money for LWA.

LWA was paid for by Japanese taxpayers already so don't flat out lie and claim Trigger takes risks when they are getting free money in the first place or backed by Kadokawa.
>>
>>102152666
fucking this, so much this

>>102152639
yeah, this was shit, no fantasizing about hot scissoring

seriously i prefer moeshit to this garbage by trigger
>>
>>102152772
ok
>>
>>102152666
Whether or not a show is risky has nothing to do with how production was funded. It has to do with how well it is known whether a show will be successful, both in terms of revenue and reputation. A risky show is one that might not be popular, a safe show is one that is likely to be popular.
>>
>>102152666
They are still things that aren't likely to sell. That's what I was referring to. Not the "actual" risk factor, but for just doing what they want because they want to which is a risk compared to what they could've done which is just pander to otakus and do what they want instead. That was the point I was trying to make.
>>102152772
>moeshit
Leave /a/ already /v/shitposter-kun
>>
>>102152772
aaah good I almost missed your shitposting
>>
>>102152883
"Pander to otakus" is also /v/v level whitposting
>>
>>102153107
>/v/v level whitposting
wut?
Also no it isn't. Are you saying there aren't studios that pander hard because they know it will sell if they do? Because that's just a fact, /a/non.
>>
>>102153107
>is also /v/v level whitposting
Anon calm down, and stop using /v/ as a scapegoat
>>
>>102153206
That's what all studios do.
They are always pandering to someone.
>>
>>102153452
Who is Trigger pandering to then?
>>
>>102153485
Not the same guy but the show is full of fetishes
>>
Woah, This was a really good thread, it made stop taking all KLK critcism as a personal attack and accept and appreciate all the things it does wrong and right.

/blog



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.