[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: kill le shit.jpg (886.46 KB, 1253x1757)
886.46 KB
886.46 KB JPG
Which is superior, /a/?
>>
TTGL
>>
Pre timeskip TTGL > Kill la Kill
Post episode 17 KLK > Post timeskip TTGL
>>
>>102084305
This
>>
The bottom one. You could put Elfen Lied there and it would still be the bottom one.
>>
File: 1372716008624.png (64.70 KB, 563x601)
64.70 KB
64.70 KB PNG
>>102084372
>implying Elfen Lied isn't shit
>>
Just in case you're actually serious:

While KLK is a good show, TTGL was much better.
>>
>>102083998
>Making this thread before the series is finished

Be patient, you shit.
>>
TTGL, Kill la kill isnt nearly as fun to watch
>>
>>102084441
TTGL was throughout good
KLK had a lot lows
>>
Bit daft to choose when one hasn't finished airing isn't it?

But I didn't really like the future parts of TTGL, not until they went to space anyway.
>>
>>102084432
>not appreciating an eternal classic
stay and keep pleb
>>
fuck off
KLK hasn't even ended yet
>>
>>102084305
Other way around.
>>
File: 1392316281477.jpg (57.60 KB, 1600x900)
57.60 KB
57.60 KB JPG
>>102084474
>TTGL was throughout good
>>
>>102084305

We have a winner!
>>
>>102084432
Just like KLK
>>
>>102084509
Except elfen lied is shit.
>>
TTGL episode 4 is better than the entirety of KLK.
>>
File: Bb3nmNq.jpg (70.01 KB, 1165x787)
70.01 KB
70.01 KB JPG
>>
File: 1323458089569.jpg (1.91 MB, 975x3539)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>you will never watch TTGL again with /a/
It was good times and I miss them.
>>
>>102083998

Both are fun to watch.
>>
>>102084305
Pretty much this. KLK has a much stronger second half than TTGL probably because the writers didn't abandon their plot points from the beginning.
>>
File: 1382332852523.jpg (15.97 KB, 174x205)
15.97 KB
15.97 KB JPG
What are the best subs for TTGL?
>>
>>102084700
this is the only right answer in the thread
>>
>>102084700
>>102084777
You're not trying very hard are you?
>>
File: FRIENDSHIP.gif (1.66 MB, 400x382)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>102084717

Holy shit, Ryuuko wears that well.
>>
>>102084773
>subs
the dub for TTGL is top tier.
>>
>>102084700
At least say episode 8.
>>
>>102083998
kill la kill hasn't finished yet, but it's funny to see all the retards bashing on it
>>
>>102084773
Get EG's blurays.
>>
>>102084773
I watched the EG one the other day.

It was fine, I did catch a few typing errors with it but you'll be fine if you keep your autism in check.
>>
You're now aware that the protagonists and antagonists of KLK, despite having huge amounts of screentime, are no more developed than random TTGL characters like Leeron or Kittan.
>>
File: Wall4.png (2.40 MB, 1920x1080)
2.40 MB
2.40 MB PNG
Half of /a/ is going to answer KlK because yesterday we FINALLY had a good episode. That's how hype works.

TTGL is still much better than KlK will ever be.
>>
>>102084557
but it had almost 20 episodes already, and only 3 or 4 of them were good. TTGL on the other hand was already rat at episode 10.
>>
>>102084841
>gurren laggan dub

Fucking please god no
>>
>>102084940
>just now aware
Niggah, I've noticed this from the start
Kittan's a bad example, he has some good development. Should have said Dayaka or Guam
>>
>>102083998
Can't really say since KLK isn't finished yet.
That being said, KLK excels in some areas where TTGL was lacking, and TTGL excels in places where KLK lacks.
>>
At this point TTGL

KLK still has 6 episodes to go
>>
KLK

Mahou Shoujo>>>Super Robots
>>
File: 1392316115789.jpg (43.32 KB, 359x444)
43.32 KB
43.32 KB JPG
>Setting
TTGL > KLK
>Story
TTGL > KLK
>Characters
TTGL < KLK
>Writing
TTGK < KLK
>Music
TTGL > KLK
>Animation
TTGL > KLK
>Theme
TTGL < KLK
>Direction
TTGL < KLK
>>
>>102084841
Kamina sounded terrible in it
>>
>>102085006
It's honestly really good
>>
>>102084940
>are no more developed than random TTGL characters like Leeron or Kittan.
Not sure if troll or just stupid
>>
>>102085099
>Writing
>TTGK < KLK

You can't possibly be serious. KLK does nothing but go in circles for 15 episodes.
>>
>>102083998
I'd say TTGL two weeks ago, but KLK.

I'm inclined to agree with >>102084305
>>
>>102085099
Pretty much this, although I prefer the music in KLK.
>>
Stop comparing these two shows.
>>
>>102085006
I actually listened to the dubs first because I actually watched it air on Sci-Fi channel in 2009 I think.

I prefer them now because Kamina sounds like a bitch in Japanese.
>>
>>102085112
He sounded like Gohan

You got a problem with Gohan, faget?
>>
TTGL
>>
>>102085099

KLK has no characterization, themes or writing though.
>>
>>102085131
It's not "really good" mayne. It's just allright, like most dubs.
>>
As of right now TTGL is definitely superior.
...But it's a completed story and KlK isn't done.

So this is irrelevant
>>
>>102085178
yeah there's really no reason to compare them. It's quite obvious that TTGL is better than KLK in every way
>>
>>102085221

Even if KLK produced a good string of episodes right now, it wouldn't make up for 75% of the show being dreadful.

TTGL was strong from the very first episode.
>>
>>102085218
No, compared to most dubs, it's pretty good
>>
>>102084474
Oh yeah please tell me about how good episode 4 was
>>
>>102083998
Well KlK is shit, and TTGL is not shit. So yeah there you go.
>>
>>102085099
>>Theme
>TTGL < KLK
You serious ?

>LOL MUH CLOTHES MUH PIGS IN CLOTHES CLOTHES ARE ALL EVIL EVERYBODY IS LIFE FIBER

TTGL had a real theme and a real message everybody could relate. KlK doesn't, because it's about alien clothes trying to eat people.
>>
>>102085206
>KLK has no characterization
You what?
>>
File: 1386500162360.jpg (23.58 KB, 516x384)
23.58 KB
23.58 KB JPG
It's the same fucking shit except TTGL had actual budget and proper character/plot development.

And while I am aware that we have not seen the end of Kill la Kill yet it's pretty fucking obvious that it will never beat universe-sized mechas throwing galaxies at each other.

KLK has, like, 4 episodes that are actually good and not useless filler shit.
>>
>>102085154
Its actually pretty straight forward if you're not a complete fucking retard. The staff in GL admitted that they had scrapped ideas in the midst of production which is why the second half feels like a different show entirety.
>>
File: 294px-Yang_1.jpg (26.27 KB, 294x220)
26.27 KB
26.27 KB JPG
It's not really a fair comparison.

TTGL is finished not to mention it had Gaianx, a studio fuelled by almost limitless Evabucks making it.

While Trigger is a fledgling study with almost no budget.
>>
>>102085154
TTGL follows the exact same structure WITHOUT the tidbits of the main plot being dropped until Lord Genome is literally dead.
>>
>>102084841
It's alright past episode 8 because Kamina wasn't very good.
>>
>>102085342
Creator supposedly said the end of KlK will be more over the top than TTGL, so it's entirely possible we will see something that could beat universe sized mechas throwing galaxies at each other
>>
>>102085258
You're making huge assumptions.
There is not a single person on this board how could possibly know what exactly is going to happen in KlaK.
Remember some of the creators worked at fucking Gainax.
Look at the direction Eva went in after episode 18.

Also TTGl had plenty of shit moments.
Please try and tell me about how "strong" episode 4 was
>>
TTGL doesn't have unfunny characters like Mako and Nudist Beach so it wins
>>
TTGL is extremely overrated. It was mediocre for the bulk of its run with only a few standout episodes.
KlK has higher highs but also had lower lows. It's not a great show by any stretch of the imagination but the first few episodes and now the last three or so episodes have all been fantastic.
So in short neither is great, both are overrated, but they both had some gems amongst the mediocrity. Which is better? It all comes down to preference. I prefer KlK's goofy satire and overall plot over TTGL's, but really there's no right or wrong answer.
>>
>>102085319
>TTGL had a real theme and a real message everybody could relate.
> Eps 1-26
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, ROW ROW FIGHT DA PIWAH
>Ep 27

Oh...looks like we can't.
>>
>>102084474
That's not the point.
This thread was doomed to be mediocre from the very start, and all it will serve to do is make the one where we look back at both series, you know, the one that might actually have some potential, less interesting when it happens.

You are like the guy who's making that terrible klk abridged for each episode seperately while it's airing. Even if someone else makes a decent parody, noone is going to give a damn now, because you did it first, and you did it badly.

People need to learn to hold off on doing things until the time is right, instead of sacrificing quality to be the first at all costs.
>>
>>102085392
There's a sense of progression in TTGL's first part that doesn't make you feel like returning to statu quo every episode.
>>
File: 1389200715412.gif (151.45 KB, 200x172)
151.45 KB
151.45 KB GIF
KLK by far.

Only thing TTGL has over KLK is animation other than that KLK shits all over it in every category.

Seriously surprised how good KLK turned out to be considering I hated 1-4 episodes.
>>
>>102085447
>KlK has higher highs

Nothing in KLK comes close to episode 1, 8, 11, 15 or the final string of episodes. The show is without memorable moments.
>>
>>102085425
No we will not. What is more epic than universe? Time? It's impossible to make a time-battle hype because it will end up being another cheap white screen trash.
>>
>>102085342
>it will never beat universe-sized mechas throwing galaxies at each other.

But that happened in the last 2 episodes of TTGL
That's why it's fucking stupid to say KlaK can't top it because it has MORE THAN 2 EPISODES LEFT
>>
File: 1392318191691.jpg (103.91 KB, 1680x1050)
103.91 KB
103.91 KB JPG
>>102085206
>KLK has no characterization, themes or writing
>>
>>102085275
What's so bad about episode 4?
>>
>>102085459
What did they really fail in at the end? Bringing the dead back to life? I don't see that as a failure.
>>
>>102085537
Well I don't fucking know what it will be and neither do you, which is why it's fucking stupid to even have this thread right now
>>
>>102085596
Kittan was introduced and he's a fag
>>
>>102085459
The message was always that. You can't take the bullet to protect everyone you love and you will always screw up some things, that's why Kamina died early.
But in the end what matters is to stick to what you chose. That's why Simon and Nia agreed they had to destroy the antispiral. They chose the wider good.
>>
>>102085596

Anus, breathing, resignation. Etc, etc...

If you don't know the story behind ep4 then fuck off from /a/
>>
>>102085474
Yes it does, it's actually a monster of the week, the exact thing KLK sidesteps out the gate.

The only sense of progression is that the powerlevels go up every weak, as Gurren Laggan trounces more fodder on the road to Tepplin.
>>
Both are shit
>>
>>102085459
>oh, it looks like we shouldn't
fixed
>>
>>102085571
Actually that was only the last episode
>>
>>102085596
I think that was the episode which had about 10$ put into it, but I'm not really sure, I might be mistaken.
>>
>>102085571
Last 2 episodes of TTGL were generic status quo fistfights and happy-end which felt good ONLY because you rooted for Simon, because, you know, TTGL had character development.
>>
>>102085518
I normally say opinions are subjective, and can not be right or wrong in absolute terms. But that's wrong.
>>
>>102085675
>monster of the week, the exact thing KLK sidesteps out the gate

More like reaffirms every four episodes.
>>
Couldn't really get into TTGL when i tried watching it. KLK, while I've had mixed feelings about it, entertains me more. Especially these last few eps.
>>
>>102085426

Eva was a lightning bolt caught in a bottle. I don't think you realize how specific the conditions were around its production for it to turn into the beast it did. Even Anno can't replicate his own greatness, so I doubt two completely different creators can do the same.
>>
>>102085675
>The only sense of progression is that the powerlevels go up every weak

The powerlevels in KLK make astronomical jumps every week for no explainable reason.
>>
>>102085527
You haven't watched it then. TTGL had very few memorable moments at all, and most occurred during the final episodes. Specifically, episode 1 was boring as fuck and Kamina's death in episode 8 was handled horribly. Don't know about the other episodes you mentioned because I don't remember them too well. Probably because they were boring trash like most of the series.
>>
>>102085664
>The message was always that.
Bullshit. The show was always preaching to go beyond your limits and never give in to fate, the whole fucking point of the battle with the Anti-Spirals were humans rising up against their inevitable doom and after all that Simon just accepts that fact that Nia has to die and he is a failure. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>102085527
>The show is without memorable moments.

but thats wrong you fucking retard and there are 6 episodes remaining
>>
>>102085426
>Please try and tell me about how "strong" episode 4 was

>a single bad episode
>vs 15 bad episodes out of 18
>>
>>102083998
TTGL, KlK still isn't giving me the need to shout "Hell yeah, motherfucker"

Although that could because the KlK cast is female.
>>
In 8 years no one will remember KLK lie people remember TTGL now.
>>
>>102085675
Kamina dying ? Gurren Brigade getting bigger and bigger (until they got that big ass mecha boat) ? Simon's depression (which made much more sense than Ryuuko's) ? Simon alive again ? Nia's introduction ?

TTGL had much more things than KlK.
>>
While I can´t see KLK surpassing TTGL it is still very entertaining and that is more than good enough for me
>>
>>102083998
>filename

you can´t get more obvious IRC
>>
>>102085879
>15 episodes bad

yeah, no
>>
>>102083998
I don't really see them as comparable.
>>
>>102084730
Kittan's death was objectively the saddest moment in the entire series.

I felt more of a connection with Kittan than i did with Kamina.
>>
>>102083998
What made TTGL so great was all that character development which made you care about Simon and the rest of the cast. It's not that good in KlK, in all these 18 eps we haven't seen the characters, even Ryuko, progress significantly, while Simon went a long way in the first cour alone.
>>
>>102085879
Seriously this. It's like the shock of the last couple episodes has made you forget the last few months.
>>
>>102085893
I first heard of KLK long before TTGL
>>
TTGL
>Established itself a lot earlier when Kamina dies
>Better cast of good guys
>Mech oriented
KLK
>Established itself either during school raid/last episode
>Better cast of bad guys
>Hot blooded fighting
>>
>>102085868
>The show was always preaching to go beyond your limits and never give in to fate

Yes, and ? It never meant "you're God and you can do everything you want". It was always because they chose the wider good (recovering their freedom). The "do the impossible" isn't something that is literally impossible, because if it was, they would have never done it. It was things people thought to be impossible because they were too narrow-minded ("there's no surface Kamina, stop dreaming!" "you can't beat spiral nemesis !")

That's also why Kamina died and Simon couldn't do shit to save him. If you're alive, you must be prepared to die someday, that's a basic rule. Some rules aren't meant to be broken, didn't you pay attention to the whole Rossiu part ?
>>
>>102086117
You know this board has an age minimum, right?
>>
>>102086097
Character growth doesn't equate quality though.
>>
Nothing in KLK has made me feel the way I did during Simon's first Giga Drill Break
>>
>>102086117
Are you 12?
>>
>>102086126
>Hot blooded fighting

This could only count if the fights were actually well animated, which they aren't.
>>
I can rewatch TTGL at least once a year, I don't think I could do the same with KLK. The middle to end of the first half is nowhere near as good at TTGL.

As for the ending will have to wait and see but I doubt it will be anywhere near as epic in scale as TTGL.

I'd give TTGL a 9/10, so far KLK an 8/10
>>
>>102084305
Pretty much all of this.
The last episode was a goddamn killer.
>>
Can't really compare ongoing show with finished. TTGL has better story, but KLK has better asses.
>>
>>102083998
What made TTGL so great was all that character development. It made you care for the cast a lot more, we've seen Simon(and the rest) grow significantly throughout the show, while KlK doesn't really have much of it. In these 18 eps Ryuuko didn't advance much, while Simon developed greatly in the first cour alone.
>>
Oh I see IRC posted this thread again
why so many replies
why is /a/ so easy to bait
>>
File: 1378167717115.jpg (95.21 KB, 780x440)
95.21 KB
95.21 KB JPG
Nothing in Kill la Kill tops this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrbvf4fb_Xk
>>
File: 1386789971333.gif (1.29 MB, 304x328)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>102086126
>Better cast of bad guys
What bad guys? You mean that generic overpowered main villain, nigger bitch who barely speaks and one-dimensional "tee-hee" loli waifu bait?

Genome alone is better than all those faggots.
>>
>>102085834
When was there ever an astronomical jump of power? For most of the series, all the power levels fall into the range of episode 3, it's only now that people are starting to go further beyond.
>>
>>102084305
>2nd half of GL worse than the first one
this fucking horrible shit garbage vomit taste
>>
>>102086133
There's a massive contradiction in your defense.
>>
>WHICH IS SUPERIOR
Neither.

TTGL is an overhyped super robot show with little redeeming values.

KLK is overhyped fanservice with no redeeming values at all.
>>
>>102086224
I'd give a lower score to KlK, it's a bit too meh overall in too many areas but still fun.
>>
>>102086358
Neither really had that great villains. Genome didn't even really do that much as a bad guy, and then he wasn't a bad guy at all later.
>>
>>102086126

TTGL's villains had actual motivations, had sympathetic goals and fit neatly into the theme of the series. The show started with the village elder and then grew in scale to Lordgenome and finally the Anti-Spiral.

Ragyo and Nui are just evil people who literally popped out of nowhere one episode and now they have to fight them, with no real investment in the struggle at all.

holy shit KLK is so fucking miserable as a show
>>
How is KlK doing ratings wise?
>>
>>102086432
>TTGL is an overhyped super robot show
Wow, such criticism.
>>
>>102086358
You mean the guy who just sits in his chair menacingly any times he's shown, dies within minutes of actually standing up, and the meager amount of backstory and reason he's given doesn't even happen until way after he's dead?
>>
>>102086367
>Ryuuko becoming strong enough to wipe Nui's ass because muh synchronization became 100% so cool

yeah

>>102086419
ay
>>
>>102086133
>Dont become god
>But become a millionth foot scale mecha and punch hin in the face
>>
>>102086432
your moms existance has no redeeming value
>>
>>102086096
>objectively the saddest moment
>objectively
You should really stop using words you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>102086432
Little > None
>>
>>102086467
>Ragyo and Nui are just evil people who literally popped out of nowhere one episode and now they have to fight them
Have you even been watching the series?
>>
File: 1384388797593.png (541.95 KB, 2560x1600)
541.95 KB
541.95 KB PNG
>>102086509
They didn't punch God in the face, they punched another human(?) being who thought they had to right to decide for other people.

It was a clash of will. TTGL is all about standing up for what you want and respecting everyone's freedom.
>>
>>102086508
She didn't wipe her ass, she just finally kept up with her, she just moved a little faster and better than she's always done. And the entire show establishes that the power of these two characters is based of how much they bond, after finding the truth they've both been looking for they're both in sync, it's not rocket science.
>>
>comparing a finished show to an unfinished one

nice try nobody is that autistic to respond to you seriousl...

WHAT THE FUCK /a/ ???
>>
>>102085099
Pretty much this.

I disagree with the music and theme,though.
>>
>>102086432
>little values against no values
even if you dont like them you admint one of them is better to the other.
>>
>>102086631
Alright but it really felt like an asspull. There was no real transformation scene like, I don't know, Chouginga Gurren Lagann. It was just "Kamui Senketsu ! I did this 3 times and it never worked against you ... but hey! this time I'm faster, because of bonds I already had since episode 3 !"
>>
Kill la Kill is a more polished and refined product with less flaws.

But Gurren Lagann was a much more powerful and intense experience.

So technically Kill la Kill but I still favor GL more.
>>
>>102086286
>What made TTGL so great was all that character development.
This is a joke right? Most of the cast in TTGL barely even develop and don't even matter outside being cheerleaders for Simon, it was pretty dam obvious that the writing staff had too much on their plate and had no idea what to do with their cast if characters after ther first half (Yoko)

>while Simon developed greatly in the first cour alone.
The problem is that he stopped developing after the first cour and became a less interesting clone of Kamina.
>>
TTGL had more epic to it.

It also has more likeable characters as I find myself hardly caring for most of the cast. That is to say like 95%.

Designs were actually good all around while in KLK unless you are the Devas and Satsuki in her base form you have a pretty shitty design.

TTGL also more importantly had heart and soul. I would find myself moved by speeches and actions while KLK has yet to do such things.
>>
File: 1381658520821.jpg (132.76 KB, 960x540)
132.76 KB
132.76 KB JPG
>>102086785
>Kill la Kill
>polished
>>
>>102086785
>Kill la Kill is a more polished and refined product with less flaws.

posting from opposite land
>>
>>102086785
>klk
>polish
>>
File: bored2.jpg (76.81 KB, 1280x720)
76.81 KB
76.81 KB JPG
>>102083998
I can't determine that yet.

But so far I just picked KLK back up and everything really does seem to be going in circles.
Which episodes are an absolutely necessary watch so I can finally get to this heart-ripping and mind-control episode KLK fans have been chimping about since yesterday?
>>
File: 1391688350312.jpg (26.50 KB, 646x631)
26.50 KB
26.50 KB JPG
>>102086467
>this whole fucking post
>>
TTGL has a bigger neckbeard fanbase and worldwide popularity so is automatically disqualified. See also, Attack on Titan.
>>
TTGL
>a lot like MGR, doesn't take itself too seriously but still makes every fight a never-ending hype train
>Simon's development is a lot better than Ryuko's, but Ryuko's main development is between her and Senketsu, whereas Simon's was with filling Kamina's shoes and becoming a man
>Kittan and Kamina are better than Nudist Bros
>Movie versions ESPECIALLY the last fight were infinitely improved upon
>had a good dub and some memorable lines
>OST seemed to fit every scene
>Sorairo Days < Until my Body is Dry (as a song)
>Evolution of mechs is more exciting than the 4 Deva's uniforms

KLK
>Trigger's good at making plot twists people sometimes expect still shocking
>the character art in KLK, namely Satsuki and Ryuko have a lot more flavour and depth to them than TTGL's (although that was made up for in mech design), with a more 'masculine' style
>Mako < Nia/Yoko/Black Siblings
>OP2 and ED2 are way better
>DON'T LOSE YOUR WAYYYY
>KLK OST > TTGL OST
>Mako getting her 2 star uniform was as good as seeing some of the transformations in TTGL
> 4 Devas > most of Dai Gurren (bar the movie), probably even more so with next episode

Though it's mostly a biased opinion, because I watched TTGL all at once without spoilers and it's still my favourite to date, I don't think KLK will top TTGL in terms of on the edge of my seat action, but it's not very far behind.
>>
>>102086648
This.

So much faggotry from OP.
>>
>>102086286
The characters in TTGL were incredibly flat and not particularly interesting outside Lord Genome and Rossiu, and a lot of them did not amount to anything.
>>
>>102086785
Wow KLK has only had 2 episodes (the last two) with any sort of polish. The rest of the show was just them saving budget and throwing filler at us. TTGL was decently consistent in what it was trying to do.
>>
both shows are simple straight forward action shows and don´t try to be deep or anything, they are the kind of shows you watch with your brain switched off and just enjoy the ride
>>
File: no friend.jpg (235.11 KB, 668x712)
235.11 KB
235.11 KB JPG
>>102084730
>Most of the people on /a/ now will never experience days like geass sunday or rossiu week
>>
File: 1347184160909[1].jpg (87.48 KB, 500x564)
87.48 KB
87.48 KB JPG
>>102086889
>people actually believe this
>>
>>102086952
>Lord Genome and Rossiu
>most interesting characters

wow
so edgy
>>
>>102086339
or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHrb5J6wEgs

sorry can't find subs
>>
>>102086924
>Mako < Nia/Yoko/Black Siblings

That better be a typo.
>>
>>102086467
babbys first IRC shitpost?
>>
>>102086924
You know I don't fully agree with you but I respect your opinion.
I wish more anons were like you
>>
Are the movies worth watching? I've already seen the show and liked it but I heard they're just compilations.
>>
>>102086990
>geass sunday

I didn't bother watching Valvarave, but their threads look pretty fun.
>>
>>102087000
Pretty much. But fanboys will contradict saying things like

>muuuh I cried when Ryuuko escaped Ragyo's control
>>
File: 1392320901560.png (704.55 KB, 3304x3317)
704.55 KB
704.55 KB PNG
>>102086995
I bet you like Kamina
>>
>>102087000
>What's the matter seemon

Fucking dropped holy shit, I'm glad I never watched the dub and never will.

>>102087053
Yes, the final fight in each movie is amazing.
>>
>>102086924
>>KLK OST > TTGL OST
nigger what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>102086991
But that one's actually true, where you even here when TTGL first aired? TTGL fanbase spiraled out of control, it was like a Spiral Nemesis on the internet.
>>
>>102086694
>>102087030
>Black Siblings

Who?
>>
TTGL is fucking fantastic but has a shitheap of a fanbase. Pro/con.
Post-episode 5 KLK has been fucking boring and bland AND has a shitheap of a fanbase. Con/con.
>>
I think it's a little unfair to compare this two shows on equal ground.
This is Trigger's first TV show and yet people are expecting them to live up to TTGL which had a higher relative budget and made by a team with more experience working together.
>>
>>102087155
So three useless bitches that hung around Kittan that didn't contribute to anything.
>>
File: 1391826973999.jpg (156.02 KB, 327x657)
156.02 KB
156.02 KB JPG
KLK have like 2 good episodes, the rest is average and shit. TTGL at least was above the average all the time with just a few good episodes. KLK just have the hype of the moment, in 3 years no one gonna remember KLK.
>>
File: 1382257476487.png (437.18 KB, 419x580)
437.18 KB
437.18 KB PNG
>>102086990
>geass sunday
It was the best of times but it was also the worst of times
Also all those Lelouch/Suzaku threads.
>>
>>102087069
Why should I hate him ? Kamina embodies the whole message of the anime. While Rossiu had development, he's definitely not the most interesting character.
>>
>>102087191
>Post-episode 5 KLK has been fucking boring and bland
You mean "Post-episode 1 KLK"? I swear it was the only episode that felt legitimately good from start to finish.
>>
>>102086358
but genome wasn't a bad guy, it was the spirals
>>
>>102087093
So is that where the new animation is? So should I watch them and just skip to the end fights?
>>
>>102086975
It was the opposite of consistent in what it was trying to do. The two halves of the show couldn't be more different than in TTGL.
>>
>>102087204
Oh yeah they were 10x better than Mako.
Remember that one who had the baby?
Remember that one who was a cunt and on Rossius dick?
And who could forget that other one who was just kinda there...
>>
KLK has 6 fucking episodes left
who knows what Trigger will throw at us this time
TTGL also got batshit crazy in its last episodes and only then it achieved god-tier status
just fucking wait until the whole show is finished you autistic fucks
>>
>>102084773
russian dub. believe me
>>
File: 1391872231565.jpg (481.33 KB, 730x1024)
481.33 KB
481.33 KB JPG
>>102087261
Genome was Big Boss
>>
>>102087239
Kamina was a shitty plot device for Simon development.
>>
>>102087093
The dubs were pretty good for the final fight

Here's a sp subbed version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fShohb0r8Xw
>>
>>102086924
>KLK OST > TTGL OST
Overall? Maybe but some few setpiece music places puts TTGL so high up KlK would never catch up to it.
>>
>>102087053
First movie is awful, second movie is way better than the TV version.
>>
>>102087261
He enslaved and fucked humanity and his intentions did not get clear until last episodes.

Meanwhile, it became obvious that Satsuki is not evil by the 4th episode.
>>
File: adiane smile.png (686.03 KB, 2112x1200)
686.03 KB
686.03 KB PNG
>>102083998
> Viral couldn't save this smile
>>
>>102086863
wuts ur favorit animes
>>
>>102087289
Let me rephrase that.

I had to completely force myself to watch the episodes before 17 and actually started skipping parts of them. They were fucking shit.

18 was just great.
>>
>>102087215
TTGL is only remembered because of Galaxy throwing robots and that happened in the last episodes. KLK still has 6 left so how about waiting a bit before making the final judgement?
>>
>>102086924
>that ost argument
I was inclined to agree with you but this just makes anything you say trash
>>
>>102087264
The second movie is entirely new animation.
>>
>>102087372
good
she was riding monkey dicks
probably had aids
>>
File: Happy Endings.png (1.07 MB, 946x909)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>102086990
>/a/ hates SnK now
>Probably doesn't know most of whats in this
>still no Hozuki chi no aneki anime
I want to go back in time
07 or even 09

on second thought that would mean 2hus on /a/ again. never mind
>>
>>102086863
All of them. Just watch it.
>>
>>102087370
>it became obvious that Satsuki is not evil by the 4th episode.

No it didn't.
There were suspicions but nothing became "obvious" until she fully rebelled.
Lord Genome also appeared evil for the first 17 episodes.
It's not that big of a difference.
>>
>>102086924
>KLK OST > TTGL OST
you lost me
>>
>>102087406
episodes 1-17 were completely fine and entertaining, you must be a complete faggot to rate them all shit or just another shitposter
>>
>>102087474
>nothing became "obvious" until she fully rebelled.
No, actually it was pretty easy to read that Satsuki wasn't evil by at least episode 7.
>>
>>102087474
You'd have to have buried your head to not have noticed Satsuki literally looking out for everyone throughout the entire show.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks MKII devas look like yugioh cards?
>>
File: DAT8.png (526.06 KB, 960x540)
526.06 KB
526.06 KB PNG
>>102087330
Kamina was a great man who stood up for what was right, and dedicated his life to retrieve people's freedom. He knew he was weak, and even then, he showed a facade so he could help his beloved little brother to cheer and grow up. He knew he'd eventually share the same fate as his father, but that didn't prevent him from fighting to the very end, avenging his own death for the simple reason he still had something to leave to his bro.
He was a volcano, someone who never lost his way and the founder of everything the Gurren Brigade believes in : freedom, wider good and the right to chose the things you want for yourself.

And he died like he lived. Yelling things, a smile curved on his face.
>>
>>102087418
actually TTGL was remembered because it was a good hot blood anime with a good peace, but you can just skip 10 episode of KLK and you can still watch the last one without lose any plot.
>>
>>102087093
I'm gonna go on record and say that Simon and Viral were superior in the dub, especially approaching the end
>>
>>102087583
Motherfucking this. KLK was just a typical episodic super power highschool anime until then.
>>
File: Adiane.png (805.80 KB, 1029x1831)
805.80 KB
805.80 KB PNG
>>102087431
Nigga, please, beastmen dont have dicks, she's more pure than Yoko.
>>
>>102086467
>Ragyo and Nui
>no real investment in the struggle
>>
>>102087683
>more pure than yoko
that's not saying much, Anon.
>>
>>102087448
Did /a/ hate SnK before or after it hit Netflix?
>>
>>102087683
Oh fuck, I hope that that one fucking doujin of her hasn't been pruned from e.hentai
>>
File: adiane hunt.jpg (115.58 KB, 500x675)
115.58 KB
115.58 KB JPG
>>102087735
...touché
>>
>>102083998
TTGL made me feel like I was a kid again, watching a Sunday morning cartoon and cheering the protagonists on.
>>
>>102087583

Towards the beginning of TTGL if you skipped an episode or two it wasn't that devastating to the plot.

You'll get more plot development in KLK if you watch the first episode and most recent one and disregard the other 16(?).
>>
>>102087749
They loved it. It was till the anime hit and casual fans/shitposters came along, like all things that start to get a larger fanbase does
>>
>>102087199
Doesn't excuse the shit writing.
>>
>>102087655
>>102087844
bullshit
>>
>>102087655
TTGL was a typical episodic super robot anime until Lord Genome died, KLK introduces tons of concepts and Chekhov's guns that become important later on, the only consequential thing that happens in TTGL between episode 3 and 17 is that Kamina gets replaced with Nia on the OP. Simon's a faggot before and he's not afterward.
>>
>>102085537
>epic
/v/ pls leave
>>
>>102087191
>post-episode 5
Literally everything up till the school raid has been shit
>>
>>102087655
>was
>>
>>102087838

It was a morning cartoon for kids. Anyone remember the school clock in the broadcast episodes?

I wish I had stuff that awesome to watch in the mornings when I was a kid.
>>
>>102087583
Sure, you can'st skip the first half of TTGL, but that's not because it was good, but due to each epsisode introducing characters that appeared later. That doesn't say anything about quality. Sure, it was watchable, but things only got amazing after the timeskip.
>>
>>102087937
>literally
just fuck off
>>
>>102087113
>>102087343
>>102087420
>>102087486
I have the whole physical album of TTGL's ost, there's a SHIT load of songs, I've listened to the whole thing a bunch of times, as well as the KLK one, which I also have a copy of. Overall, taking all the songs into account and not just when they're used in the series, I think KLK's OST is quite a bit better.

Obviously TTGL has Libera M From Hell, Sorairo Days and Happily Ever After and KLK has Until My Body is Dry, Satsuki's Theme that really stand out. However, all of Kill la Kill's songs feel like complete pieces, whereas I felt like TTGL has a load of really good background misc tracks like Champloon that no one knows the names of or notices all that much. If you was to play each and every song from both OSTs, I'd recognise KLK's more than TTGL. To be fair though, KLK has a lot fewer tracks, but that's mostly why I like it; it's short and sweet.

I totally understand why people would disagree though.
>>
>>102087543
>>102087532

There are plenty of evil people who look after their comrades.
Please stop thinking that just because you guessed she was evil, that it was obvious she was
>>
>>102087937
the only thing thats shit is your taste
>>
>>102087865
Once again, tumblr ruins everything.
>>
They both suck.
>>
>>102088006
ebin m8 >:)
>>
klk was only off-putting for like episodes 2-8 or so i guess.

I don't remember what 8 was but I remember the first few episodes after the intro were kind of shit.
>>
>>102087931
You're right. It was. But it had way more heart and soul than KLK has shown so far.
>>
>>102087959
Wait, are you saying TTGL was aimed at children? Because it got a TV-14 LSV rating for the U.S. release IIRC.
>>
>>102088012
No mention of With Your xxx when talking about the best TTGL songs? I'm a little disappointed
>>
>>102086467
>with no real investment in the struggle at all.

Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid. Please stop watching KLK, I don't want you to post about it on /a/ anymore.
>>
File: 1392409618169.png (1.01 MB, 1029x1831)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>102087683
HOLY SHIT
SHE HAD A GODROBE

She could be Ryuuko/Satsuki's descendant!

KlaK COULD BE A PREQUEL TO TTGL
>>
>>102088141
Okay, A: The US has deep seeded puritanical values when it comes to nudity and sexuality, so their rating system means jack fucking shit. And B: 14-year-olds are children.
>>
File: 1390976341576.jpg (227.40 KB, 1920x815)
227.40 KB
227.40 KB JPG
>Gurren Lagann
+ Fantastic production values
+ Top Notch animation.
+ First 15 eps were fantastic
+ Good use of recurring motifs
+ Good use of the heroes journey
+ Some characters were memorable
+ The show is filled with homages and references to older anime.
+Well written antagonists.

- Characters only look good when animated. Look like clowns in stills and concept art.
- While some of the mecha designs were good, a lot of them were crap.
- The production stuff admit that Nakajima changed the story and the ending while in the middle of production, and it shows.
- The final episodes clashed horribly with the overall tone of the series.
- The ending did not fit the narrative as it had been previously been established.
- Nia felt like a fan fiction character and never seemed to integrate well into the story. Which becomes particularly jarring given how integral to the story she is after she's introduced.
- The battle in 15 was better than the battle in 27.
- Most of the characters besides the main characters weren't fleshed out and received much development. Minor characters in MJP have better development than most of the gurren dan.
- Simon's development as a hero feels incomplete. It's like he went through half of the monomyth, and just walked off so he could be Nia's boyfriend.

>Kill la Kill
+ Tight pacing
+ Great characterization.
+ Second half has been nothing but aces
+ Feels well thought out and established from the get go
+ Very self aware of itself
+ Setting does an excellent job of complimenting its style
+Very good direction.

- Animation is cheap and doesn't go beyond what's its capable of due to retraints.
- Other characters overshadow the MC in terms of personality and motivations
- The first half is largely just a setup
- Gags tend to fall flat often
- Music is weak in terms of memorable tracks and direction
- Story and themes are not very ambitious and pretty standard
- Lacks polish and is rushed in some areas.
>>
>>102088115

After the Satsuki fight in episode 3 up till the Natural Selection fights where Nui is introduced were the more forgettable episodes.

However in regards to plot development the show is moving slower than.. It's just really slow.
>>
>>102088259
>>>/v/ for blogposting please
>>
Has KLK even given a great life lesson than appreciate your own naked body?
>>
>>102088241
>Satsuki all grown up
>>
KLK is epic but TTGL was epic for the win. I'm sorry but the choice is obvus.
>>
File: 1385077706281.png (2.27 MB, 1920x1080)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>102088134
Of all the unsubstantiated claims, Kill La Kill's defining trait (perhaps it's only one) is heart and soul, the entire show is running on the smallest budget and yet everything is filled with this joy, you can tell everyone in Trigger (and Khara) is working on it because they want to work on it.
>>
>>102088241
It all makes sense.
Trigger confirmed for taking us on a wild circular ride
>>
>>102083998
Samurai Flamenco
>>
KLK has the worst pacing of any short-running shonen show.
>>
>>102088259
>- Music is weak in terms of memorable tracks and direction
I'll fight you
>>
FLCL > KLK > TTGL
>>
File: mari.jpg (40.35 KB, 640x527)
40.35 KB
40.35 KB JPG
>>102088231
What a coincidence. Nobody else on /a/ wants KLKfags posting in general.
>>
>>102088428
Outside three tracks its largely mediocre.
>>
>>102088390
Except it doesn't. I have yet to be moved by KLK and no scenes have been done well enough to move anyone.
>>
>>102088429
If you think that you need to watch more anime.
>>
>>102088570
So he needs to watch shittier anime to appreciate KLK?
>>
>>102088259
- The ending did not fit the narrative as it had been previously been established.

It kind of did, but this brings me to the thing that annoyed me the most of TTGL, and that's how the in media res from the first episode not only doesn't come true, but goes in the complete opposite direction. And the staff even admits that it was a change made after production started. That is really the highlight of my problem with the show, and the inconsistencies it had.
>>
>>102087998
I totally agree with this. I watched the whole series again with a friend and I was just waiting for Arc Gurren to appear for like 3 hours.

>>102088197
I didn't mention it because it never really stuck out that much. I think it's because Gurren Lagann's peak (in music as well) is so fucking far away from where it began that you just forget some parts. TTGL's lowest was still pretty decent. In general, TTGL feels a lot longer than KLK or at least that it's gone further.

Thinking about it now, both shows are on par with each other, it's almost unfair to compare two really amazing shows from two different settings. Again though, TTGL is my personal favourite, but KLK's kept me entertained and waiting for next week more than anything in a long time.
>>
ATLA>TTGL>=KLK

discuss.
>>
>>102088570
Few animes are shitter than LKL.
>>
>>102088655
Also, Korra > your shitty waifu
>>
File: q (23).jpg (81.35 KB, 540x720)
81.35 KB
81.35 KB JPG
>mfw I see pleb kids complaining about TTGL ending
>>
File: 1392251756155.gif (2.98 MB, 365x225)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>102088259
While I disagree with most bullet points, I agree KLK cut corners like a motherfucker.
>>
>>102088557
What the hell does that mean? Are you God? You can answer for every other person on the planet?
>>
>>102085868
Someone just sounds mad at the sad ending, go cry over it somewhere else, kiddo.
>>
>>102088605
That's not what he was saying at all you fuckwad.
He's saying that he obviously hasn't watched much anime if he thinks that's the worst.
If someone has only seen Eva they'd say it was the least influential anime they'd ever seen
>>
>>102088259
>- The battle in 15 was better than the battle in 27.
slander and lies, the movie was god tier
>- Nia felt like a fan fiction character and never seemed to integrate well into the story. Which becomes particularly jarring given how integral to the story she is after she's introduced.
I have to agree with this, though. It would have been better if she had spent more time on screen bonding with Simon. He only had a crush on Yoko but it always felt like he liked her more than he ever liked Nia, she never really did anything until the end and kind of stuck out more than she had to.
>>
>>102088711
Korra series shouldn't exist.
>>
File: 1392322129112.jpg (33.75 KB, 503x260)
33.75 KB
33.75 KB JPG
>>102088605
>>102088658
Still trying eh?
>>
Early TTGL > Early KLK
The way it's looking
Late KLK > Late TTGL
>>
>>102084305
Rainbow Ragyo >>>>>>> Black & White newsprint Anti-Spiral
>>
>>102088711
Korra is borderline retarded. She isn't half of what Ryuuko or Satsuki are.
>>
File: 1323035836141.png (11.28 KB, 533x158)
11.28 KB
11.28 KB PNG
TTGL, easily. Not that that's saying much though.
>>
>>102088740
I hope so. I think people were tearing when mako was sad about betraying ryuko.I don't know how anyone could find that sad.
>>
>>102088780
DOn't you dare posting good mango while defending that pile of asshit.
>>
File: 9264381308.jpg (98.64 KB, 1024x576)
98.64 KB
98.64 KB JPG
The only people who are impressed by KLK are the people who haven't seen more than 20 shows.
>>
File: 1339400152229.jpg (89.18 KB, 579x329)
89.18 KB
89.18 KB JPG
TTGL beats KLK for one major reason with me.

KLK doesn't resonate in your heart nearly as strongly as the story of TTGL did.

TTGL had this constant theme of hope and doing the impossible, even in the face of absolutely impossible adversity. The scale in which it did this was ridiculous, and it got so utterly massive just to drill that point through you. Everything from the characters, to the music, to the story was designed to lift your spirits.

KLK is fun, full of fanservice, and has lots of hyperactive moments as well as being delicious to all the main senses, but it doesn't have the heart that TTGL did.

KLK is like spending a weekend with a youthful girl full of energy and excitement.

TTGL is like sitting on your grandpa's knee as a child, listening to his sage advice and funny stories.
>>
>>102088751
I'm not sure if you're dyslexic, legitimately autistic, or just legally retarded, but I recommend that you stop posting.
>>
>>102088769
The animation in the final battle is top notch, but I kinda agree, I prefer the fight with Lazengann. For a lot of people, they only remember TTGL because of galaxy robots, but I liked TTGL when it was much more grounded.
>>
>>102088858
>literally almost twenty different titles
gets me every time
>>
File: anime text30.jpg (42.32 KB, 600x450)
42.32 KB
42.32 KB JPG
>>102088711
>Korra better than anything
Even Neo Simpsons and South Park are better than Korra.
>>
>>102085319
TTGL had a theme only America could relate too." Hey Simone do you mind trying to maybe not use spiral energy all time time because your literally going to destroy all of existence ?" "ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH "
>>
File: 1391707842560.jpg (34.27 KB, 259x194)
34.27 KB
34.27 KB JPG
>>102088878
>and it got so utterly massive just to drill that point through you
>>
>>102088906
Tell me one wrong thing with my post.
You throwing insults at me with no substance to back them up just makes you look like a loser with a superiority complex who refuses to admit he has no argument
>>
>>102086467
>Beastmen were created by Genome for the sole purpose of terrorizing, torturing and murdering humans
>Genome was a servant of Antispiral
>Antispiral's goal was to submerge all sentient life in unending despair for eternity so that the universe would persist as a wallowing cesspit of misery forever


So very sympathetic. There are so many religions and charities trying to make the Antispiral world view come true but all these vile humans keep resisting.
>>
>>102088878
>it got so utterly massive just to drill that point at you
>>
>>102088836
I wish there was some clue to Anti-Spiral in TTGL, before the second half like with Ragyo and COVERs. I know that there was a lot of production changes halfway through, but he feels like a bonus boss in an RPG. There's the book Rossiu gets, but it just THERE'S SOMETHING BAD COMING, even when the Anti-Spiral forces show up, there's no clear image of Anti-Spiral himself until the last 2 episodes.
>>
File: 1386648323473.gif (355.84 KB, 466x350)
355.84 KB
355.84 KB GIF
>>102088968
Oh, I get it. Spiral power = McDonald's
>>
>>102086467
>Nui

>Person

You just went into KLK with the intention of saying it's shit compared to TTGL, didn't you?

Is it because all the characters are female and you're intimidated by all these pussies that could literally crush your dick into paste?
>>
>>102088858
I wish I had that YT comment where the 13 girl was bragging about what a special snowflake she was because she watched anime instead of reality shows and sitcoms. We'll see how unique she is when she's alone watching anime on prom night and graduation parties.
>>
File: 1390958426287.png (222.51 KB, 551x374)
222.51 KB
222.51 KB PNG
>>102088769
It got kinda silly with the movie.
> EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN TENGEN TOPPA GUNMEN
> WE'RE GONNA COMBINE TO MAKE AN EVEN BIGGER TTGL
> SIMON FISTFIGHTING THE ANTI SPIRAL

At least we got to see Yoko and Nia nipples.
>>
>>102088751
I've seen over 250 titles and NGE is the only one that I consider to be truly great.
>>
>>102089117
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>102088878
Uh, I'd rather spend my weekend with a sexy girl than a stinky old man.

Did you get molested by your grandpa as a kid and your coping mechanism is to pretend there's nothing more lovely than spending your free time with a smelly old man?
>>
>>102088878
>it got so utterly massive just to drill that point through you.

10/10
>>
>>102088878
I forgot how bad Gurren Faggens are.
>>
>>102088241
She's literally a furfag
>>
>>102088878
This entire post is a metaphor for rape.
>>
>>102089206
I feel sorry for you if your childhood was that bad and now you are so desperate for pussy that you'd rather spend one weekend with a girl then have your grandpa give you some of the best advice in your life and tell you stories to remember when you are feeling down
>>
>>102089319
tumblrfag pls
>>
>>102088968
Yeah, antispiral was so kind and gentle about stopping evolution/spiral power. I mean, who wouldn't love to be imprisoned in a hopeless underground cavern while genetically engineered abominations (furries) roam the surface and murder any humans who manage to escape from the caves?

Like, were you AS fans so smitten with it's drooling face that you didn't notice all the shit he says about plunging all sentient life into endless suffering, without even having the mercy to just kill all life and leave the universe like a sterile museum piece?
>>
>>102088730
Because they clearly should have hand-drawn every frame in that sequence.
>>
>>102089323
>you'd rather spend one weekend with a girl then have your grandpa give you some dick

Yes I'd rather.
>>
>>102088751
In other words, he hasn't watched much anime because the rest of it is shit, therefore if he saw the rest of these shitty anime he would appreciate KLK more because it would be less shit, meaning it's still shit.

Kill yourself, please.
>>
>>102084305
>Pre timeskip TTGL > Kill la Kill

Obviously.

>Post episode 17 KLK > Post timeskip TTGL

Are you really going to say that after just one episode?

Man, you guys are insane.
>>
>>102086339
As much as I love KLK your right.
>>
>>102089400
You're so wrong here buddy.
If I've only ever eaten at 5 star restaurants and then I eat at a 4 star one I'd think it was shit.
But it's clearly far from it.
>>
File: stockingfw.jpg (43.30 KB, 500x501)
43.30 KB
43.30 KB JPG
>>102083998
Well, KLK has yet to do anything as infuriatingly stupid and awful as Rossiu being a treacherous little bitch and then never receiving any comeuppance for it.
>>
TTGL has something that KLK doesn't.. i can't describe it with words, but it's something like Soul or "Heart" that and the fact that i only liked like 3 or 4 chapters of KLK, while ttgl is one of my GOAT contenders
>>
Not much actually happens in KLK compared to TTGL in regards to a journey.

I mean we're up to episode 18 and we're in the exact same place as the very first episode.

Simon and crew liberated a godamn planet in episode 15.
>>
>>102088141

Anime basically exists with three target demographics. Mornings for little kids, prime time for families and normal adults, and super-late-night for otaku merchandising shows.

Gurren Lagann was a kid's morning anime. That's what the 8:30 clock on the screen is for. The US rating means nothing--in Japan mild nudity and suggestive elements are OK for kids. Kill la Kill wouldn't fly as a kid's show but Yoko's tits and Gimi's dick are fine.
>>
>>102089546
b-but muh ends
muh greater good
>>
>>102086508
Ryuko's constantly been getting stronger, characters in the show have been lampshading that every other episode. During the fight with Satsuki's elite four pokemon trainers, Ryuko and Senketsu were constantly getting stronger, both Mikisugi and Satsuki thought that she was evolving at an alarming rate, then during the school raid trip, Ryuko took out goons wearing goku uniforms powered up with scraps of Senketsu with HARD WORK & GUTS, at which point it was explicitly stated WOW RYUKO IS SO MUCH STRONGER NOW. In Ryuko's first fight with Satsuki, she lost totally, in the next one at the school raid, she fought Satsuki to a draw.
>>
>>102089717
That's because TTGL is about boys becoming men. KlK is about girls becoming women, so instead there's more about daddy issues and mommy issues.
>>
File: disrespect.gif (145.63 KB, 310x282)
145.63 KB
145.63 KB GIF
>>102089765
Doesn't the Pokemon anime have a prime time slot? I can't see anyone with an age in the double digits watching that crap. Then again, the GIFs need to come from somewhere.
>>
>>102089859
Not to mention the body issues stuff where they talk about being naked - as opposed to TTGL where nobody wore shirts and that's all there was to it.
>>
>>102089927
>body issues

>literally 2 lines of text in script and then everyone forgets about it
>>
>>102089717
KLK is TTGL if Lord Genome was actually a main character and Anti-Spiral was actually popping in to check up on him all the time so that HE can't liberate the planet.
>>
File: 131019195022165.jpg (740.57 KB, 1280x2670)
740.57 KB
740.57 KB JPG
>>102086339
This was actually more inspiring than that "belive in you who believes in yourself" speech.
I don't really get why people put that speech on some kind of pedestal.

Picture related is at the very least relatively concrete and to the point, with an actually solid advice.
>>
I thought TTGL held together better as a show from start to finish. Even when it was mech-of-the-week most of the episodes had something important happening, and the atmosphere of optimism and manly awesomeness really came through pretty well. Things built well to the climax of the first cour. For me the only parts I skip while rewatching are a cuople episodes around 4-6 and a few of the ones at the start of the second half.

Kill la Kill is fun to watch but I'd have to hard time calling it good until the recent episodes. The first 10 feel like an adaptation of a 4koma gag manga rather than a show about anything worthwhile. Just basically silly stuff happening while it tries to be as wacky as possible--like Dead Leaves or PSG.
>>
>>102089859

TTGL is about humans accepting the sacrifices needed to move forward. KLK was about something but it forgot its own plot after 3 episodes. Neither show has gendered themes in any way.
>>
>>102089901

I have no idea about Pokemon, but sometimes when an anime becomes really popular they put it in prime-time. A lot of the goofy anime shows that /a/ never talks about but have been airing for 20 years are prime time.
>>
>>102083998
TTGL easily so far, it was obviously not perfect, but it was a really wonderfull ride from the begginning to the end. KlK is still going, but I don't really see it having an ending good enough to make it better overall than TTGL.
>>
>>102090033
Because at the end of the day it's more about the feeling the show gives you than the validity and weight of it's message.
TTGL made me feel hyped as fuck and KlK hasn't really achieved the same level...yet.
>>
>>102090050
Here's a good place to ask as any: is cour pronounced as 'core' or c-ow-r", as in 'sour''?
>>
>>102089997
Still more than TTGL.
>>
>>102090000
That's pretty good, actually.
>>
>>102090259
It's French, innit? So it would be "cwah"
>>
>>102089793
>greater good
>kill the one guy who can save sentient life

Rossiu: Super best good guy.
>>
>>102090259
like core.
It's french I believe
>>
>>102090242
Are you seriously telling me you didn't get hyped as fuck for the last two episodes
>>
>>102090436
Oh I was pretty well hyped. Not TTGL though.
But that's why I ended my post with "yet" because it very well could surpass it in the end.
That's why this thread is fucking stupid.
We don't know how it's going to turn out
>>
>>102089072
Exactly. But seriously though I found myself siding with lord genome the most. He saw the result of what would happen if they kept just doing what they wanted. The anti-spirals shouldn't have been so forceful but you'd think they'd come to some agreement on growth maybe.
>>
File: Pierce the immage (1).jpg (55.39 KB, 568x403)
55.39 KB
55.39 KB JPG
Is that even a question?
>>
File: 1391624108081.jpg (250.82 KB, 900x810)
250.82 KB
250.82 KB JPG
How about we reserve our judgements for when KLK finishes airing?
>>
File: pfffhaha.gif (1.06 MB, 480x270)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>102085099
>Music
>TTGL > KLK
>>
File: not-this-shit-again.jpg (26.83 KB, 361x243)
26.83 KB
26.83 KB JPG
>>102083998
>>
>>102090758
>Implying /mu/ doesn't judge an album based on it's first track
>Implying /tv/, /co/ and /a/ don't judge a show by it's first episode.
>Implying /sp/ doesn't judge a team by it's first game.
>>
>>102089364
It was Lordgenone who decided that fate. He obviously thought the alternative was worse.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfD8embOaHQ
>>
>>102084979
Dude I loved KLK more then TTGL from the very beginning. The two show are presented extremelly differently.

TTGL has a more standard presentation with a distinct style. KLK is so visceral and full of energy and goddamn fast.

It's pretty obvious why ppl tend to prefer TTGL but to me KLK direction is just wonderful.

Plus I prefer the KLK characters. They are much more interesting to me both good and bad guys.
>>
>>102089546
b-but he cried
>>
>>102091151
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-eSyYvQ_9k
>>
>>102089546
rossiu was right
>>
>>102091454
Fuck off
>>
>>102090436

There was nothing to get hyped over. The conflict between protagonists with no development and antagonists with no development means nothing, frankly. Action needs context to be affecting, and KLK has built up none of that due to its god-awful pacing. The show is flashy shit happening for the sake of flashy shit with no real reason to care about anything. It's boring. It's not fun.
>>
File: 1391826485862.jpg (53.92 KB, 421x537)
53.92 KB
53.92 KB JPG
>>102091596
>not caring about poor molested Satsuki-Sama

you bastard
>>
File: 1377799766766.jpg (192.22 KB, 1077x1600)
192.22 KB
192.22 KB JPG
>>102091378
I miss pants-Satsuki. Will I see her again now that Junketsu was stolen?
>>
Truth:
If you're male, TTGL
If you're female, KLK
>>
>>102083998
When it comes to characters, TTGL curb-stomps KLK so soundly that the quality of the animation(which TTGL wins), the direction(which TTGL wins) and the overall plot(which TTGL wins) don't even matter in the comparison anyways.

KLK is the unfortunate result of talented visual-minded guys being given too long a leash. They desperately need a focused storyteller on board to reel them in.
>>
>>102091770
That's bullshit though.
>>
>>102091770
Has if the overly repeated speech screamed by Kamina were manly.
>>
Why do I have to choose one over the other. I enjoy both immensely for different reasons.
>>
>>102091877
Except that both are written by the same guy.

Also which character of TTGL are good? Simon? He became a copy of Kamina. Yoko? She was cute has a teacher but hadn't much of a mind of her own. The rest of the cast I didn't care about.
>>
>>102092156
> Except that both are written by the same guy.

Yeah, so what? In that case, it's quite blatantly clear that breaking free of the supposedly oppressive nature of typical anime production studios with Trigger has only served to allow him to less considerate when it comes to storytelling. It's obviously similar situation to Lucas becoming an utter garbage storyteller when he didn't have producers breathing down his neck.

Unrestrained creative freedom is not always a good thing. Exhibit A; Kill La Kill
>>
>>102092156
Well Rossiu ideals were interesting.
>>
>>102091770
>tfw male and think KlK excelled in a lot of ways TTGL didn't
>>
>>102091453
noice
>>
Until KLK get's a kamui form that is as big as the entire universe, TTGL
>>
>>102092338
Turns out you were gay all along!
>>
>>102092396
How else do you think Ryuuko's going to fight the Life Fiber home dimension?
>>
>>102092156
>Simon became a copy of Kamina
but he didn't really. he acted more like him, that was the point but he wasn't a copy, he was still different in his own ways.
>>
Until matoi or satsuki start to throw galaxies, ttgl is the best
>>
>>102092396
>size determines quality
>>
>>102092517
you're correct on that anon
>>
>>102092507
To me TTGL was at its best when the galaxy throwing began.

KLK though is always a wild ride.
>>
>>102092338
that's because inside you are a little girl anon
>>
>>102092517
small penis detected
>>
>>102089098
Not the guy you're responding to, but KLK's characters actually are pretty fucking bad. Ragyo (the primary antagonist) is using aliens to destroy the human race, and justifies it with nonsensical platitudes about clothes. Nui is childish psycho archetype, Ryuko is an accent with a rebellious streak, Mako is ADHD genki, and Satsuki is a boring hard ass. I don't particularly like either TTGL or KLK, but the only reason people don't bitch about KLK having two dimensional characters is because it's filled with women. If it weren't for the director and female cast, /a/ would call it shounenshit, and I honestly think the first 17 episodes of Naruto are easily better than it.
>>
>>102092866
Mentioning Naruto makes it too obvious, sorry.
>>
>>102092963
Naruto wasn't THAT bad at first. ed related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZZnwMbZwg
>>
>>102092866
You say KlK has flat characters, so just out of curiosity (I'm really not trying to criticize you nor do I plan to use it against you) could you name a few characters from any series that you consider not-flat?
>>
poopy la shit is crap
>>
>>102092866
well then you have vomit-tier taste, but you aren´t the only one in this thread
>>
>>102093166
Sure. Murasaki Kuhoin, Kumagawa Misogi, Ami Kawashima, Guts, and many others. That said, I don't think a "three dimensional" character is necessary, just an unconventional one. Gon Freecs, protagonist of my favorite show and manga, is extremely two dimensional, but he still manages to be unusual and well defined. KLK is filled with boring, archetypal characters. I'm partial to some of the devas, but I think for the most part the show is very poorly written.
>>
>>102093375
10 year olds should not be on 4chan
>>
>>102093422
>Guts
Agreed, that fucking dog is great.
>>
>>102093483
Shouldn't have but I fucking lost it
>>
>>102093479
Agreed something needs to be done about the KLK fanbase.
>>
>>102093530
Are you criticizing him for mindless loyalty? Surely you aren't this retarded, are you?
>>
>>102093560
Sorry >>102093530, meant to reply to >>102093483
>>
>>102093422
Ok I can see that.
Personally I think Mako is pretty entertaining even if she fits the genki archetype.
I also don't think any of the characters have really been fleshed out enough to completely rule them out as generic. I feel like I just haven't seen them enough (which IS trigger's fault). Also it is a lot harder to get as much character development in an action show in comparison to something like a romance.
I really think the development of Ryuuko and Senketsu's relationship was done well though
>>
>>102093530
are you frustrated?
>>
>>102092156
>Simon? He became a copy of Kamina.

how do people miss the point this hard
>>
File: san1.png (191.52 KB, 353x353)
191.52 KB
191.52 KB PNG
>>102088259
I agree with this entirely, actually. Oddly enough it still doesn't make the choice any easier, I'm gonna hold my judgement till it's over.
>>
File: 1337908976491.gif (1.78 MB, 320x228)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>102092866
>>
>>102092505
Actually he did, he became a very dull Kamina 2.0.
>>
>>102093747
Mako's likeability hinges on finding her segments funny. If you don't you're probably going to think she's an obnoxious little shit. I can somewhat agree with Senketsu, but their relationship reminds me a lot of the relationship between Ichigo and his sword in Bleach (not defending Bleach, it's awful). More specifically, they learn to fight together, rely on each other, and eventually trust and care for each other. The only difference seems to be Ryuko overcoming social pressure and concerns about her appearance along the way. Also, all of that development pretty much happened in the first three episodes.
>>
>>102092313
I like how this retard didn't even answer the question and your same logic applies to TTGL.
>>
>>102094426
>Mako's likeability hinges on finding her segments funny. If you don't you're probably going to think she's an obnoxious little shit.

The same is true for all comedic relief characters though.
>>
>>102094427
Was Simon or Kamina more charismatic?
Which was the better leader?
Which inspired their followers more?
>>
TTGL, kill la kill is goodstuff tho
>>
>>102093413
>>102094378
After reading your genius arguments I have to reconsider my position.

>>102094519
Fair, and I agree that it really is just subjective. I don't think KLK is funny, and neither of us can make arguments as to why it is or isn't.
>>
>>102091877
>When it comes to characters, TTGL curb-stomps KLK so soundly
Pfffffhahahahahahahahaha, the majority of the cast in TTGL don't even have backstories or purposes beyond being cheerleaders and mouthpieces.
>>
>>102094619
Its hard to tell really since Simon became an expy for Kamina in the second half right down to the same catchphrase.
>>
File: 1379748381768.gif (1.81 MB, 176x144)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB GIF
>>102086508
>Nuifags still buttdevastated that their waifu got rekt
>>
>>102094830
This. Holy shit, anyone who states that TTGL had better characters are either trolling or don't know what the fuck they're talking about. The fucking dog Guts has more of a personality and relevance than more thsn half the members of Team Dai Gurren.
>>
>>102095065
>thsn
*than
>>
File: nui.png (338.93 KB, 472x432)
338.93 KB
338.93 KB PNG
>>102084435
>nostalgia goggles being this thick
>>
>>102084305
Dunno man, I don't really remember the tv series post timeskip but second movie was tight as fuck and entartaining.

Also I can't really see KLK having the same emotional impact. It's fun but I can't really dig all the closes philosophy as apposed to "change your fate, live your reality" from TTGL.
>>
>>102095277
Nostalgia is one thing, but not being able to come down from a high of something recent and new is bad as well.
>>
>>102095442
>I don't really remember the tv series post timeskip but second movie was tight as fuck and entartaining.
You just proved his point.
>>
>>102095442
>I don't really remember the tv series
That's the clutch of the argument.
>>
>>102095556
>>102095670
As in "I don't really remember bad parts about tv series and pretty much all the good parts were used in the movie which was great"
>>
>>102092866
All the characters you listed were women. Do you know why that is? It's because you're afraid of them, and so you shitpost nonsense about why they aren't strong characters. You even said your favorite show was HxH, a medievalist sausage fest, which basically proves you're an insecure MRA. Fuck off already.
>>
>watching shit la shit
>>
Did you really just fucking ask that?

TTGL > KLK any day.
>>
>>102096104
Better polish your glasses, they're getting all rose-tinted.
>>
>>102095926
>HxH, a medievalist sausage fest
Time to stop coming to KLK threads.
>>
>>102095442
>>102090242
>>102089597
Im not sure why people seem yo believe that because TTGL had a more overt message made it a better story especially after it shits all over it in the end. I like the fact that KLK has less to say and is more subtle with its themes
>>
>>102096243
>KLK has less to say
More like it just repeats it less. In terms of quantity, I wouldn't agree that there actually is less.
>>
>>102083998
TTGL is joyride from start to finish, klk isn't. TTGL it's obviously superior.
>>
>>102096450
>TTGL is joyride from start to finish
Re-watch some of those episodes from the early part of the season.
>>
>>102096243
By the way what is KLK's theme exactly? If we go by theme songs TTGL had "fighting power", is KLK's "Don't lose your way"? What way ?
>>
>>102096519
TTGL was MANLY EMOTION and growing up.
KlK is that but women.
>>
>>102096308
That doesn't make any sense. It isn't trying to make a statement and failing like TTGL did. It know what it wants to be.
>>
>>102096515
Protip: Majority of the people praising TTGL have not seen since it aired. Rewatching the series made me release that it takes a while to pick up and none of the highlight moments are nowhere near as glorious as they once were.
>>
>>102096832
I've seen it 3 times and it's still best. klk is good but it's not that epic and nobody important dies like kamina in ttgl.
>>
>>102085671
Look at this faggot nigger hipster trying to fit in and represent /a/

nice bait fucking jew kyke

Also TTGL > KLK
>>
>>102097198
>nobody important dies
Yet
>>
File: ULTIMATE PROOF.jpg (20.42 KB, 829x337)
20.42 KB
20.42 KB JPG
I'll just leave the ultimate proof here.
>>
File: 1267484843897.jpg (32.65 KB, 640x480)
32.65 KB
32.65 KB JPG
>mfw can't speak of TTGL on /a/ because hipsters and moeshitters go full apeshit
>>
FOOLY COOLY
this deserves an honorable mention at least for being able to stand next to TTGL and KLK with only 6 episodes
>>
>>102097480
KLK was pretty much unwatchable before 16.
>>
>>102097786
this shit makes no sensu.
>>
>>102097591
The same will apply to KLK soon
It's already on the way there
>>
>>102099420
Godspeed.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.