[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: picture-211.png (667.60 KB, 1440x900)
667.60 KB
667.60 KB PNG
Why did this show's ending leave me so bitter, disappointed, empty, and disgusted?
>>
Because you're a fag.
>>
I liked it, maybe you wanted Togame to live
>>
Because Nisio writes in a way that makes you feel intimate with him. Nisio is also terrible in bed.
>>
File: 1370129219944.gif (2.12 MB, 400x228)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB GIF
>>
Clearly you didn't like the best girl, it's okay, a lot of people lack good taste.
>>
>>101992334

Actually, I was impartial to both female leads. I don't know, I guess it must have something to do with the shitty convoluted falsified history plot of it all.
>>
>>101991810
must've been 2deep4u
>>
Because Nisio.

I can't even think about what he'll do to Monogatari, apart from more character development.
>>
>>101991810
Once the comedy routine faded away you realized how ass the show was overall.
>>
>>101992516
It's really poorly explained while watching it and some of that's the translation. It's pretty straight forward.
>>
>>101991810
because after going to such lengths you hoped shichika would get to tap some of dat, but alas it was all for naught.
>>
How did you missed the point of the story?


The ones who failed at their revenge...
The ones who failed at their goals...
The one's who failed before achieving their aspirations...
The ones who didn't succeed...
The ones who lost...
The ones who stumbled...
The ones who rotted...
The ones who fought with all their might, sacrificed everything,
just to have their work be for naught, yielding fruitless results,
who died unfairly, or perhaps illogically, tragically, without face, full of regrets...
The story which offers a happy future for them, filled with hopes and dreams...
"Katanagatari"
...quietly lowers its curtains here.
>>
>>101992516
It explained everything fine. The only reason the ending left you feeling the way you did was because it was written to make you feel that way and it seems to have succeeded.
>>
>>101992788

I can recognize the plot is so simplistic that even teenagers can use vague ellipsis multiple times to sound poetic and meaningful.

I just don't understand why I hate it.
>>
>>101991810
because you reached the end, however by that point you were already torn to pieces
>>
>>101991810
Because you wanted a happy ending. But what you deserved was the ending you got.
>>
>>101992968
Cheerio m8
>>
>>101993025
heh
>>
>>101993025
heh
>>
>>101991810
>bitter, disappointed, empty, and disgusted
because you wanted a happy ending, but instead got a much more realistic one that considered the characters that were developed throughout the series for once
>>
>>101991810
Maybe you should try not being a faggot. Tragedies are one of the best king of entertainment. Just look at Romeo and Juliet or Macbeth.
>>
File: 1355863550025.jpg (11.63 KB, 163x170)
11.63 KB
11.63 KB JPG
>>101993025
>>
>>101993025
God damnit, anon.
>>
File: 5230-858263033.png (124.62 KB, 400x300)
124.62 KB
124.62 KB PNG
...random question: What is the thing that Shichika wears called?
>>
>>101994457
Clothing
>>
Because the ending was perfect and you experienced the correct feelings
>>
>>101994457
>>
>>101991810
because everyone didnt die
>>
I'll agree with you in that something about the ending makes you feel like someone walked in right before you came. But Shichika didn't fail. He stuck his middle finger to Togame, and decided his own direction in life. He's not a tool anymore, as you can see by the dynamic between him and his traveling partner completely changing in the end.
>>
because best girl lost
>>
Because it's about the journey you DENSE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>101991810
Because the villain's plan would have resolved itself, leaving everything ultimately pointless, just like life itself.
>>
>>101993993
>Romeo and Juliet
>One of the best
Stop sucking Shakespeare's dick. Romeo and Juliet is low tier tragedy. Influential, yes, but ultimately low tier.
>>
File: 1389233000456.jpg (73.48 KB, 1280x720)
73.48 KB
73.48 KB JPG
Who would win in a fight, Completed Shichika or Nanami?

>"oishii ne?"

;_;
Nanami did nothing wrong
>>
>>101995340
It was much better when it was vampires v werewolves shot in blue.
>>
>>101995469
>Who would win in a fight, Completed Shichika or Nanami?
Stop this shit already. You might as well ask if they can kill servant.
>>
>>101995807
>implying Nanami couldn't kill a servant
>>
>>101991810
I think that was the point. If you didn't feel like that everything would have been for nothing.
>>
>>101992568
Araragi and Shinobu will die at the end.
>>
>>101995469
Nanami because she already killed a Completed Blade when she was around 6 years old.
>>
>>101995807
Servant Shichika could.
>>
>>101999367
What makes you think that simply being an adult makes you complete?
>>
>>101999478
Do you even know who she beat? It was the 4th guy's mom, who was even stronger than him.
>>
REMINDER THAT THIS WAS THE GREATEST FIGHT
>>
>>101994457
Pants
>>
>>101999523
However there's no guarantee, since there's no direct comparison between Completed and any character other than Emonzaemon.
>>
>>101999409
Shichika would make for a silly ass saber, a damn good one to ide bet so long as his master is competent.

Also what in gods name would happen if Archer or Shirou ever saw Shichika, Could he be put into Ubw because within the Nasu Vers i'm fairly sure that him being one the deviant blades would cause some loopholes some were along the line
>>
>>101999623
People need to finally cool their shit about this. Sabi could have never lived up to the hype. Also, we got an entire episode of deathflags and Nanami instead.
>>
>>101991810
Because that's you feel all the time.
>>
>>101999940
It is a guarantee because not even Shichika would survive with no sleep or food for a month which is how Nanami nerfed herself before her final fight with Shichika.
>>
>>102000130
>not even Shichika would survive with no sleep or food for a month
Bullshit. We have no idea what he can and can't do, by the end of the series.
>>
>>102000005
no, the hype is what made us so annoyed. to this day i desperately want an OVA episode of Shicika vs Sabi.

not to say the sister moidering everyone wasnt awesome.
>>
>>101994457

Hakama
>>
bad writing
>>
>>102000496
The writing was horrible. Half the characters were great. The animation was intriguing. The experience on a whole was unique and stupid fun.
>>
>>102000619
The writing (by which I presume you mean the overarching story) was less horrible as it was nonexistent. Like it really didn't matter what they were doing so much as how the characters interacted.
But I don't think it was stupid either.
>>
>>101991810
Cheerio!~!
>>
>>102000739
You're pretty spot on. It's just stuff like losing to a super strong loli, ninjas with personalities so absurd they can barely be called characters, Ichika sword holding antics, the MISUNDERSTANDINGS that happened with Kiguchi and more that make me call this stupid fun. So incredibly stupid, but still fun.
>>
>>102000869
That phrase doesn't even make me happy like it used to. All I can think of is Shichika's heart wrenching grief fueled battle cry of "Cheerio!". Fuck.
>>
>>102001129
Yeah.
>>
Hitei > Togame
>>
>>101991810
The first half of the last episode was predictable and clichéd, but that last half was fucking perfect. A satisfying ending to an overall pretty great series.
>>
>>101994457
Godrobe
>>
>that scene where Shichika tells that girl with the useless hilt sword to throw it at him.

At least he had the decently to put a good joke in with all that tragedy.
>>
>>102004800
>Second half
>Not predictable and cliche
It was entertaining as fuck but still cliche'd
>>
>That fucking boss rush
Seeing just how held back he was by the three rules was fucking amazing. Did anyone else really enjoy that? A friend of mine thought it was stupid and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
>>
>>102004890
>The lone survivor of a massacre where she lost 10 good friends
Not so funny after you consider that.
>>
>>102004950
They were imperial retainers, there's nothing there to say they were necessarily friendly. Rivalry is probably more likely. And a bigger problem would be how she would have been out of a job after Shichika came.
>>
>>102004909
Well it was disappointing in the fact that most of them didn't know shit about their weapon, so they were as good as an average grunt. Other than that I was entertained. I even rewatched that part a few times.
>>
>>102004984
Considering how the emperor referred to them as parts of himself or something, I assumed they worked together closely. Moreso than an average retainer at least.
>>
The swords got dumber as time went on. The first ones made sense, the first is unbreakable, the second is all about the unsheathing strike, the third is about overwhelming, and the fourth is about perfect arcing slashes. All really cool.

Then we get armor, a club, a juicer, and a robot. Not swords per se, but still weapons that can be a metaphorical sword.

Then we get a stick, a handle, a possessed sword, and then straight-up guns (which I guess is actually kinda cool)
>>
>>102004990
When they changed tracks at Zakuto Yaroi it was a bit of a momentum drop then it picked up again.
>>
>>102005090
All made with glorious FUTURE TECHNOLOGY. They should have just called it magic and left it at that.
>>
>>102005165

I actually like it better that they were explained as crazy technology rather than magic.
>>
>>102005233
So the "poison" was a actually a poison?
>>
>>102005233
The brings up issues with production methods, and how far into the future do you fave to look to find a gun with unlimited bullets, etc. I know it's anime but it still bothers me
>>
>>102005165
I disagree. The whole soothsayer thing feels like it's ignored a lot more often than it has any right to be considering how important it is to understanding the true motives of a very sizable number of characters in Katanagatari. It's an asspull to say "Well, since half the people here are descendants of people who can somehow see the future, lets make the Legendary Blacksmith someone who can see the future too! That way we have an explanation as to why he can make a fucking robot," but at least in the context of the already far-fetched story, it makes sense.
>>
>>102005233
>>102005289
It comes from the history that was erased.
>>
>>102005278
I always thought the poison was metaphorical, and people simply couldn't part from such unique and powerful weapons, much like the average human.
>>
EMONZAEMON
>>
>>102005319
They directly said that history was never erased, just altered. Additionally, they were in ye old Japan. No matter how much you alter history technology doesn't jump by millenia like that. Excuse my autism.
>>
File: Emonzaemon.gif (2.50 MB, 615x346)
2.50 MB
2.50 MB GIF
>>102005322
>mfw I read it in Best Girl's voice
>>
>>102005322
Nobody grieved for his loss.
>>
>>102005419
Look at that smug motherfucker in his popped collar
>>
>>102005435
I did.
>>
>>101995469
Shichika never had and never will stand a chance again Nanami. It's not that he's not strong enough, because that factor is irrelevant, it's because he lacks the righ ability for it. The reason his father could kill Nanami was because he developed a technique specifically for the purpose of defeating Nanami. That technique is the only way for someone like Shichika to defeat Nanami in a direct confrontation, but he doesn't have it, because he killed his father before learning the technique.
>>
>>102004891

I'm just curious what you meant by cliche'd, especially in regards to things like the blacksmith and the whole death and motives around togame.
>>
Was anyone apart from me confused when they first mentioned about history going the wrong way and that Togame's father was trying to bring it to back to its correct path? I was mainly confused because I thought it was just Niso trying to be all 'abstract and deep' and that it didn't really mean much so I just casted it away from my memory only to find out later that it was actually meant to be taken at face value after they revealed Shikizaki's plan. Ending up getting a bit lost at the end of the story because of that.

Also, was the reason why they kill Togame at the end was because she was meant to be dead in order for history to go in the path Shikizaki wanted (though that didn't work out in the end) and also the Owari Shogunate wanting her dead to prevent her from overthrowing them which was her main motive?
>>
>>101991810
That's what I took away from it, pretty much a deep sense of loss. It had some really interesting existential stuff in it, why you fight, why you lose, your hopes and dreams against your own mortality and the futility that arises from that. Watching Shichika gain more and more humanity, whilst also feeling a deeper sense of guilt and remorse for his actions was pretty bittersweet. There was a sense of absolute disgust permeating his rampage, that I enjoyed. Plus Togame's characterisation was pretty great, and I appreciated that they didn't turn the conclusion, into some emotionally manipulative tear jerker, just the empty, pointless, disappointing ending that was utterly inevitable.

The saudade from this show was palpable and enjoyable, it was a great character piece, the comedy was fun, the action was generally fun if a bit cliched and obvious sometimes, but then crazy other times, the over arching plot... Could've done with a little refinement, as could the translation, but it served the conclusion, and the apparent message, of the series well.

Tl;dr: Man, this was a fucking great show.
(Togame for best, Nanami for the first time an anime character has truly freaked me the fuck out.)
>>
>>102006371
It was the second reason. The Shogunate wanted her dead because she was the daughter of the man who started the rebellion.
>>
File: 11094601.jpg (95.21 KB, 299x783)
95.21 KB
95.21 KB JPG
A female Shichika is fine too.
>>
>>102008033
What? Really? That's the only reason? Then why did Hitei say something about how she felt regret that she had to kill Togame but at the same time she said it was the only way if she were to make the Shikizaki plan have a chance of sucess?

If what you said was the only reason why they killed her, I don't see why Hitei had to order Emonzaemon to kill her heck they didn't even have to report about Togame being the daughter of the rebellion's leader to the Owari shogunate cause then they wouldn't have had to kill her if they didn't,
>>
>>102008431
>>102008033
>That was the second reason.
Read the post anon.

1st reason: To start Shichika-Instrumentality.
2nd reason/excuse: Kill her for being a continued threat to the shogun, whether that be the Owari court or the new court that came with History's realignment.

Both failed, so killing Togame was utter pointless. You know, one of those recurring motifs through out the series?
>>
File: happy ending.jpg (414.31 KB, 1280x720)
414.31 KB
414.31 KB JPG
>>101992788
>The story which offers a happy future for them
>>
>>102008936
>recurring motifs
Unfortunately that didn't stop the plan from suffering from an insane lack of foresight and common sense. Especially from a family that can see the future.
>>
>>102012613
The plan was executed as well as it could be, Shichika just didn't want to play ball, he wanted to die rather than assuaging himself on blood and conquest.
>>
>>102012702
But the plan wasn't to have Shichika kill everyone in sight. Just the shogunate, which would've meant perhaps a few more people. Ultimately history would've realigned itself once again. It's also ridiculous that Shichika's personality wasn't taken into account, when so much of the plan relied on him acting in a certain way. Heck, it would have been easier to use the collective deviant blades to assassinate weak shoguns, or use the power to become an overlord. If anything, all that collective power could have been used to fight off the future threat itself.
>>
>>102011623
That's a normal ending for anyone stupid enough to waste their life learning Sentou Meguri.
>>
>>102013061
So you would say their plans were futile and in the end half-assed and meaningless?

>>102013098
They didn't waste their life, they took a "Sentou Meguri for bakas" primer about 15 minutes before Shichirin showed up, or at least that's how it seemed.
>>
>>102013198
>So you would say their plans were futile and in the end half-assed and meaningless?
I would definitely say it was more half-baked than anything. In retrospect Shichika and Tagome have come up with more elaborate and sure-fire plans. Shikizaki himself made for a rather thoughtless antagonist.
>>
>>102013198
So much for "mastering" it. She must have been so proud of herself when she finished it.
>>
>>102013335
Are you assuming his foresight is perfect? There may be limitations to what you can divine from people, rather than objects.

Maybe he was just willing to have his plan fail just because he was that arrogant and conceited.
>>
>>102013454
I've considered that, and makes me wonder why Hitei even bothered to carry out the plan if she was going to do it so half-heartedly. Considering her, she didn't add in her own amount of thought, or outright deny it. And considering the details to the plan Shikizaki most have seen some relatively vivid stuff. Knowing more about Shikizaki definitely would've helped if nothing else.
>>
>>102013437
> "i didn't learn Sentou Meguri i MASTERED it"
> stabs all the swordies on the ground in plain sight
> poses
> dies
>>
>>102013627
>Room isn't even big enough to run between the swords
>Stands at the opposite end of the room instead of the strategically superior middle
>>
>>102004950
I still think it's really funny.
>>
>>102013627
Well she certainly learned the skill "Sentou Meguri! Instant death flag!", combo'd with "Get Torn To Pieces!"
>>
>>
>>102005532
Why did his father want to kill Nanami?

She would have never left the island if the faggot Bee didn't fly over.
>>
>>
>>102013868
Did the shogun keep her around as a laugh? A stress reliever? I mean, she looks likes like she exists to be bullied.
>>
>>
>>102013627
Some of them really had no idea how to use their blade.
> sword's strength lies in weight/versatility
> uses technique that makes it weightless

> weapon's peculiarity is firing lasersd
> charges in alongside it and gets into line of fire
>>
>>102013945
She's definitely the weakest link. Everyone else took the cool looking swords, and then she probably said
>O-oh I'll take this one then...
>>
>>102013938
>>102013969
>Starts screaming out Shogi plays during intercourse
>>
>>102014047
>D-Does anybody want to t-t-team up... Maybe? Please? ...N-No? Uh, that's okay, sorry for bothering you retainer-donos.
>>
>>102001289
>>102001129

Reading Katanagatari threads is sad.
>>
File: togame.jpg (18.38 KB, 269x300)
18.38 KB
18.38 KB JPG
So do people just pretend to dislike Togame because she's popular?

I don't see the appeal of any other girls over except to seem unique in your taste

Togame was the most fleshed out character and the most fun to watch
>>
>>102014091
>"Kin" by Supandu Barei~ plays in the background
>>
>>102013899
Look at what she did after she left the island.

Shes nuts.
>>
>>101994955
That's deep.
>>
>>102014155
I don't hate her, when she died i felt sad.
It's just that i prefer Hitei over her for some weird reason.
>>
File: I came here to die.jpg (73.42 KB, 761x727)
73.42 KB
73.42 KB JPG
>>101991810
Because it was fucking great and you have shit taste.
>>
>>102014155
I think she's gorgeous, even as she was trying to push Shichika away with her dying monologue, releasing all that self-loathing and misery that was eating away at her from the inside, she still couldn't deny that she loved him honestly, and even affirmed that despite all that she schemed, all she felt was truly real.

It was really bittersweet, and a fitting end to her character. It may've gone on a little too long at the start, but when she got going at the end it was great. They should've pared it down into something a little more poignant and given extra time to the retainers later. but I'm honestly not going to complain about more Togame-chan.
>>
>>102014155
>most fun to watch
Can't say this is the same for everyone. So,e people simply don't like that overall Shichika actually planned more than Tagome.
Hitei was also pretty fun to watch but anyone say she "won" is outright retarded.
>>
if this was reddit I would upvote the living fucking shit out of you.>>101993025
>>
>>102014343
Good job for choosing a name, fag, I'll know to disregard anything you say in the future.
>>
>>102014343
Fuck. By the time I posted this, I wish you had been torn to fucking pieces.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22.14 KB, 400x300)
22.14 KB
22.14 KB GIF
>>102014343
Holy fucking shit, you fucking pretentious faggot. Never ever come back here, you untasteful, pusridden dickcraving mongoloid. Are you fucking kidding me? I suggest you get your fucking ass back to reddit, and stay there, we don't appreciate "LE EPIC LIKE XD" system here. Every fucking comment by some "I watched "insert shitty anime here", and I think "insert edgy bad character here" looks so cool, I'll use his name on 4chan, then I'll be known as "insert faggot name here" on the internetzz, upvote me, fella redditors!" are utter bullshit, and you should feel like fucking bullshit.
LURK MORE BEFORE YOU POST.
please no ban, someone gotta tell these faggotswhat's up
>>
>>102014566
banned
>>
>>102014566
Namefag anon's a fucking moron, that much is obvious. You're right that he's got no clue and ought to fuck right off to anywhere but here.

But, you know, woah. Don't try so hard. You'll have a stroke or something.
>>
>>102014818
ban test ;_;



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.