What have you learned from anime?
That everything would have been for the better if Kircheis were still here.
Earth Cult, soon in glorious HD
That it can't be helped.
When in doubt, apply a forceful breakthrough.
That its getting reanimated.
No longer will we have to deal with season 1 and 2 being kinda weird in animation style and quality.
Semicircles > squares
this show is on housewife tv level
Alcohol is humanity's friend.
Alcohol is also the reason we went from small family organized farming to large scale Agrarian culture, which created the first true civilizations on earth
Are you talking about the redrawing of certain scenes? That's been going on for quite a while, now.
No, its being entirely remade. I have hope since as such an amazing anime, it'd be impossible to fuck it up.
lighting, angle and shading is my fetish
That Flegel did nothing wrong.
ANN article for those who can't read moon.
People die when they are killed.
How long ago
How long ago did you find out that this show really is as realistic as history, and the heroes never win?
> the new anime is not a remake of the earlier anime, but another anime adaptation of the original novel series with a new staff.
I'm okay with this.
This still hurts. ;_;
You just have to use "that"
>There series also inspired a recent cafe
WHAT IS THIS SORECERY
WHERE IS THIS LOGH CAFE
is...is it like a maid cafe, but the admirals instead?
I learned that it's hard to be alive.
1. unknown female savior who is a child, or looks like a child, or acts like a child. If you’re a young boy in Japan, prospects are bleak. If you’re a young girl in Japan, prospects are bleaker, but the boys think your prospects are better. So girl= hope, vitality, power.
2. Psychoanalysis. In NHK they meetings are little conversations/lectures about psychonanalysis, and if anyone has ever seen the chaos that was the last episode of NGE you’ll recognize the pattern.
Interestingly, westerners tend to look at that symbology and interest as meaningful, when it’s actually not. In Full Metal Alchemist, there’s alchemy; and in NGE there’s the obvious Christian symbolism, but I read an interview with the writer of NGE, and he said he chose those symbols not because they were meaningful but because they were meaningless, weird, to a Japanese audience.
The psychoanalysis seems used in the same way, i.e. superficial and unnecessary, but “weird” to a Japanese audience.
Yet when westerners watch anime, they lock into these symbols as meaningful, so I would bet that the American “hikikomori” who watches anime is watching it for different reasons than the Japenese guy.
3. Conspiracies. When you see conspiracy, think, “at least someone is in control, even if it isn’t to my benefit.” Think existential terror.
4. Suicide. Is there an anime that doesn’t involve a character attempting suicide? Yes, many times it’s to save someone else, but I don’t mean they jump in front of the bullet, I mean they deliberately end their own life.
5. Blurring of the self. Amidst all the alienation and conspiracy, anime features the self as vague, blurred. You were this thing, now you are this other thing, new bodies, new souls; people control your mind, etc.
6. Non-human other. One way to bypass the reflexive scrutiny that comes from the other person in any normal human interaction is to do it with nonhumans. What others might find uncanny (sex with a robot; friendship with a familiar, etc) is easier; ultimately you control the depth.
Which brings us to:
7. Safe sex. Porn is ok, masturbation is ok, but you want to keep the relationships platonic, or at least lesbian. Having a non-human girlfriend solves all the problems at once.
This is the best post I've seen on /a/ in years.
Thanks based anon.
A sad truth.
NOHMI @harujiro_0508 1時間
>Is there an anime that doesn’t involve a character attempting suicide?
Plenty of them, actually.
it's like reading an autists unfiltered thoughts
America is awesome.
Also, if you're the hero, your merits will never be acknowledged, all your friends will die and aliens are going to rape your girlfriend.
Had a hearty laugh
Don't forget: Seat bealts.
i still remember the day i learned this. mind blowing stuff anon.
That fun things are fun.
Revenge is, like, super bad. If you kill the bad guy out of revenge, you'll live a dark life of darkness and bad things. Even if the bad guy caused the holocaust.
War is bad, but war machines are cool
Faith gives you power
IF THERE IS A WALL WE BREAK IT DOWN
WHEN THERE IS NO PATH MAKE ONE WITH OUR OWN HANDS
Yeah, 'bout that.
Yes, I agree completely.
All girls are a gnat's wing away from full blown lesbian
Apparently in purgatory time isn't linear.
Ambition is bad. People are just plain better than you and you will never be able to achieve what they can.
That people die when they are killed.
People are inexplicably bad at predicting their opponents' speed.
That the spirit of men is being tread upon
That a dose ten times greater than marijuana can kill.
All human effort is futile.
Children are terrible, evil people.
You learned this from anime?
That it always makes sense to give all you've got, even when it's tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down....