[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: gurren-lagann.jpg (900.79 KB, 1600x1200)
900.79 KB
900.79 KB JPG
I'm just after the timeskip of this show since everyone seems to recommend it, and I want to have an honest discussion about it. Mainly because I want to know why everyone considers it some kind of savior, holy grail, or whatever. I love adventure anime...I grew up with Ronin Warriors especially, and grew to love DBZ, Big O, Berserk, and others.

This show is pretty good, I like the characters and voice acting, but the overall plot and world don't seem as rich as what I used to watch. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I don't get the same sense of adventure.

So, did anime decline that much in the 2000s? Or am I missing something? Serious questions, not trolling, etc.

Also Gurren Lagann thread I guess
>>
Good discussion, boys
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>101805792
Finish the show and come back.
>>
File: 1385354846449.gif (512.16 KB, 200x178)
512.16 KB
512.16 KB GIF
>>101806319
>>
>>101806350
Well that's one of the reasons I'm posting this thread, I want to know if it gets much better.

Like, be honest...does it reach DBZ/Berserk/Big O levels?
>>
>>101805792
>did anime decline that much in the 2000s
No.
>>
>>101806437
DBZ levels? What does that even mean? Generic shouting matches for 10 episodes straight?
>>
>>101806525
DBZ is legendary for a reason bro, don't just watch the anime
>>
File: 3437647688.jpg (24.72 KB, 91x104)
24.72 KB
24.72 KB JPG
>>101806728
Jesus christ.
>>
NICE RUSE
SHITPOSTING WITHOUT FINISHING IT YET
HAHA
>>
>>101806771
I'm stunned by your amazing conversational skills. You'll converted me, I now see the light. Thank you based anon, I now know the error of my ways and can live a better, more productive life.
>>
>>101805792
>>101806437
Just finish the anime. Seriously. Now.
>>
>>101806869
Good, you can start by deleting this retarded thread and getting some taste.
>>
File: 1378472598732.jpg (202.44 KB, 364x652)
202.44 KB
202.44 KB JPG
TTGL is a great show. One of the best recently, which isn't saying much but still.

Is it Dragon Ball? No, absolutely not.
Is it MSG? No, absolutely not.
Is it Berserk? LOLno.
Is it Bebop? No.
Is it Eva? No.
Is it Samurai Champloo? Yeah, that's where I'd slot it in. Above Champloo.

It's better than FLCL and KLK, probably their best overall work, but I don't think it will have the impact others had. It's better than One Piece is, but a fraction as popular for god knows why.
>>
>>101807067
Because it's a 24 episode show that ended almost 7 years ago.

Are you really this stupid.
>>
>>101807167
Eva had 26 you twat.
>>
ttgl is overrated as fuk. If you want a mecha anime like ttgl but with a rich plot, try shin mazinger and giant robo ova.
>>
>>101807205
So? Eva isnt as popular as one piece either.
>>
>>101807273
No, but it revolutionized a genre and is more popular than TTGL ever will be.
>>
Valvrave shits all over TTGL. I'm serious.
>>
>>101807409
Okay, but we were talking about why you couldn't understand how one piece is more popular than TTGL
>>
>>101807469
Length is only a small factor. Berserk lasted longer than DBZ (the manga) and it's nowhere close.
>>
>>101807067
most of the anime adaptions for those shows are shit
DragonBall's anime was shit
MSG was shit(and has been shit for years until recently)
Berserk was shit(and the manga is turning into a jrpg shit)
Bebop is good but extremely overrated on /a/.
Samurai is a good show too but like above extremely overrated(or underrated on /a/)

TTGL is a better anime than those you listed
>>
>>101807504
Different demographic.
>>
>>101807469
And no one understands how giant robo isn't more popular than eva. That revolutionized mecha in more ways than one while eva treaded same tired cliche since gundam 79. Simple answer, shit Plebian mainstream taste.
>>
File: fuck this thread.gif (1.83 MB, 355x200)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>101807547
>DragonBall's anime was shit
>>
File: image.jpg (55.91 KB, 620x306)
55.91 KB
55.91 KB JPG
I have so much to say about how grandiose this anime is, but I'm just going to leave this video here and be on my way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSShJ0UP-6A
>>
>>101807409
Only because retard otakus like you keep praising it to be the best thing ever and continuing to buy their shit whenever something remotely related to EVA pops out.
>>
>>101807677
You are extremely deluded to believe db was better than z in anyway.

the manga yes but the anime? no bro
>>
This show was vastly over rated. Also the end was depressing as fuck, old cunt spends the rest of his life as a hobo, how shit is that
>>
>>101805792
Read Getter and watch Gunbuster instead.
>>
Getter Robo > Gurren Lagann.
>>
It's good at what it is: babby's first mecha anime. It's extremely by-the-books, it's a "safe" anime, thus it's seen as GOAT by all the casual anime fans that got into anime, ironically enough, around 2005.
>>
>>101806934
How new are you?
>>
>>101807776
DBZ and DB were both amazing
>>
>>101807871
I was going to say that. Ttgl is the Naruto of mecha.
>>
>>101807930
it all comes down to opinion and I believe db anime was not as good as the manga and that z was a better anime
>>
>>101805792
>and others
So you've seen like what, ten shows tops?
>>
>>101808118
50, probably, including MSZG
>>
File: 1391471187729.gif (386.92 KB, 269x270)
386.92 KB
386.92 KB GIF
>>101807458
Who are you and what have you done with my baby
>>
>>101805792
The last 5 episodes alone are worth watching the entire series for. I've never had my jaw drop as far as the first time I watched it. I was literally speechless and I proceeded to immediately re-watch the entire series again.
>>
>>101808206
Get out of /a/
>>
>>101808206
>50 shows
Why are you here?
>>
File: Batou Grin.jpg (15.75 KB, 640x360)
15.75 KB
15.75 KB JPG
>>101808206
>50
You've got a long way to go.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9N-BuufhyU

Just watch this shit! FUCKING WATCH THIS FUCKING SHIT! If you really think this is not one of the greatest moments of anime history you should hang yourself with barbwire because you are the lowest kind of pleb that walks this earth!
>>
>>101808505
That was a shitty final battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywwvd_Qz4ag
>>
>>101807067
TTGL is more fun than any of these
>>
>>101808505
I'm inclined to agree. Few anime capture that feeling of pure energy and FIGHTING SPIRIT, but TTGL nailed it. I would argue that it's the only mecha you need to watch, because it takes the best parts of the genre and mixes them all together.

inb4 Getter & Gunbuster
Get real, they're dated and don't live up to TTGL. You're just in denial.
>>
Kiyal is best girl
>>
>>101808592
the one you posted? yeah I kinda agree but its not THAT bad anon
>>
>>101808691
epik

ttgl is epik for the win
>>
>>101808691
>they're dated and don't live up to TTGL.
Nakashima's favourite manga is Getter Robo Saga. You're the one in denial.

In fact, the super robot genre reached its zenith with Getter Robo Go (manga).
>>
>>101808691
you took the words right out of my mouth
>>
File: Gunbuster Coach.png (622.96 KB, 720x540)
622.96 KB
622.96 KB PNG
>>101808691
>Get real, they're dated and don't live up to TTGL. You're just in denial
>>
>>101808787
epik arguments there brah 100/10 nigga
>>
>>101807067
It's none of those because it's better than most of what you listed.
>>
File: yasuhiro_imagawa_full.jpg (1.10 MB, 1280x960)
1.10 MB
1.10 MB JPG
>>101808786
I meant that TTGL is a pretty shitty final battle. The fight choreography is rather shit, and the ending was retarded that went against its own message.

In comparison, Shin Mazinger pulled it so much better. Imagawa is pretty much the best anime director alive.
>>
>>101808850
>>101808868
you plebs are worse than the hurrr DBZ is best shounen ever nostalgia faggots
>>
>>101808850
at least half of your post is right
>>
>>101808941
But the one you posted looked like a cliffhanger to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (327.57 KB, 707x1000)
327.57 KB
327.57 KB JPG
>>101808691
Get real, they're dated and don't live up to TTGL.

Get your bullshit ready: http://tomodachi.us/2013/07/30/40th-anniversary-getter-robo-project-unveiled/
>>
The ttgl climactic fight is literally "my drill as bigger than yours".
The writing was bad. It keeps trying to jam an empty philosophy down its viewer's throat.
Nia died for no reason other than to have her die.
>>
>>101808691
Having watched Gunbuster and Diebuster, I have to concur. Whilst I can see why people like it, (it had a very satisfying ending and the inter-relationships with characters were wonderful) it just was no where near as fun as watching TTGL.
>>
File: youropinionsareshit.png (322 KB, 381x424)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>101808941
sure whatever you say
>>
>>101809011
It's not. It resolved every plot thread, and in the first episode, it's shown that the MC lost hard against the incoming threat.
>>
>>101809048
Your ability to use English is terrible and "fun" is not a good excuse for poor writing.
>>
TTGL is the Naruto of mecha. Newfags are introduced to it and think IT'S ZO AMAZING OMFG11!!
But the hard, cruel reality they can't believe or even try to grasp is, there's more mecha, much better mecha animu out there.
>>
>>101808941
>shitty final battle

watch the movies.
>>
>>101809048
Holy shit you type like I did when I was twelve.
>>
>>101809033
That's just a toy.

>they're dated
If by dated, you mean better characterization, better story, then yeah, Getter Robo is dated.
>>
>>101809129
Not everything has to be the next Shakespeare to be good you faggot.
>>
>>101809136
>TTGL is the Naruto of mecha.
>implying Naruto is even close to the quality level of TTGL
1/10 because I replied
>>
>>101809032
you should try a little harder next time, this reads like the argument of a 12 year old desperately fishing for a point to make
>>
>>101809193
Great argument there sperglord.
>>
>>101809274
His writing looks like that of a young teen trying to look smart.
>>
>>101809136
is this pasta?
>>
Eva>Nadia>TTGL>KlK>P&S>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FLCL
>>
File: 1366164137602.jpg (103.94 KB, 500x624)
103.94 KB
103.94 KB JPG
This was the AMV that first got me interested in to TTGL and I was not disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aws4P_sQk10

It might just not be your thing OP, just like some people like space opera and others like true crime.
>>
>>101809306
Are you sure you responded to the right person?
>>
>>101809283
TTGL is worse than Naruto on a lot of aspects.

Naruto is shit, but it was actually less dumb than it.
>>
>>101809129
>"fun" is not a good excuse for poor writing.

I feel sorry for you. You must lead a very sad life if you feel like something can't be enjoyable just because it's not perfect.
>>
>>101809195
wow Getterfags really are insufferable
>>
>>101809332
>Everybody has to use the same level of vocabulary otherwise their points are invalid.
>>
>>101809127
Well that's depressing.
>>
>>101809442
Who are you quoting, onii-san?
Why are you taking the time to quote someone so fucking retarded?
>>
>>101809136
>bringing Naruto into this
hows being desperate?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (50.05 KB, 400x200)
50.05 KB
50.05 KB GIF
My writing is the writing that will pierce the heavens.

>TTGL the Naruto of Mecha
>Implying TTGL was over 500 episodes
>Go home /a/nons, you're all drunk
>>
>>101809513
>hows being desperate?
What?
>>
>>101809378
Okay, THIS is bait. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>make thread about TTGL
>Getterfags swarm to it like shitflies
>>
>>101809578
It looks more like an average ttgl fan.

And whether it is or not, stop calling everything "bait".
>>
>>101809378
I've seen this before, it's one of the best AMVs I've seen. It really captures the spirit of the show.

Also, to all of you that don't like TTGL because it's "dumb", or "the writing is bad"...you obviously don't understand the point of this type of show. You're supposed to get hyped and enjoy the ride. It's like watching wrestling, or watching a bad horror movie.
>>
>>101809618
>>101809564
>>101809513
>>101809442
>>101809283
Cool meme arrows, ttglfags.
>>
>>101809663
finally a voice of reason in this autistic shit thread
>>
>>101809663
I'm more partial to this actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSjHqVKX8IU
>>
>>101809761
>meme arrows
>>
File: 1295482874476.png (213.09 KB, 441x1023)
213.09 KB
213.09 KB PNG
>>101809435
>Getterfags really are insufferable
Suuuuuure.
>>
>>101809761
You're saying that as if green texting isn't widely abused on /a/ already
>>
>>101809663
>you obviously don't understand the point of this type of show
There are many shows like TTGL, but they handle the plot more intelligently despite being about silly giant robots.
>>
>>101809851
Show me on the doll where I said that.
>>
>>101809844
>having the le epic youtube TTGL comments.jpg saved

autistic Getterfags everyone
>>
>>101809663
>Also, to all of you that don't like TTGL because it's "dumb", or "the writing is bad"...you obviously don't understand the point of this type of show. You're supposed to get hyped and enjoy the ride. It's like watching wrestling, or watching a bad horror movie.
It's almost as if you're trying to legitimize the ttgl-Naruto comparison.
>>
>>101809900
You implied it
>>
TTGL was popular because it repacked a bunch of shit that has existed before but gave it a new paint job so people wouldn't say "lol it looks old and dated!". Which is surprisingly a very real turn off for the modern anime fan.

Additionally when you advertise it with "From the creators of Evangelion and FLCL" you have already snagged a large fan base for it. Just look at Space Dandy.

Combine that with tropes that appeal to the lowest common denominator fan service and fedora tipping "fuck the higher power/destiny" speeches and you have success.
>>
>>101810013
I neither implied it nor suggested it.
>>
>>101809938
>not saving pictures of youtube comments on your mac
This retard...
>>
When did it become cool to hate on FLCL
>>
>>101810026
No need to bring reddit memes into the discussion.
>>
>>101810026
d-d-d-damage control
>>
>>101809938
Autistic, maybe. TTGL fags, definitely insufferable.

In fact you're proving to me how much of a faggot you are right now.
>>
>>101809892
I always see people saying this, but they never say what those shows are. Your opinion is worth nothing if you can't back it up.

I don't know what I expect. mecha threads on /a/ attract autistic shitposters like flies to manure.
>>
>>101810031
You implied that only TTGLfags used greentexting. No?
>>
>>101810111
>the pot is calling the kettle back.jpg
>>
>>101810026
fuck off neo-/a/
>>
>>101810125
>but they never say what those shows are.
Giant Robo.
Shin Mazinger.
Godannar.
GaoGaiGar.
Majestic Prince.
Dai Guard.
The Big O.
Xabungle.
Aura Battler Dunbine.
Votoms.
Turn A Gundam.
Fang of the Sun Dougram
>>
File: 1385934538457.jpg (261.86 KB, 800x800)
261.86 KB
261.86 KB JPG
>>101810294
>Godannar
>Majestic Prince
>Dai Guard
>Turn A Gundam
>Dunbine
>>
>>101810152
In this thread up to the point of my post I did not imply that but rather showed it.
>>
>>101810026
>Just look at Space Dandy.

Space Dandy was made by Bones. Gainax were behind Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fooly Cooly, they have no hand in Space Dandy. So I do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>101810376
>more intelligently than TTGL
>>
>>101810376
Epic meme, bro.
>>
>>101810294
>Majestic Prince.
>Better than TTGL

Having a laugh m8
>>
File: amasEtoilesngc6357HST_big.jpg (591.48 KB, 1280x2061)
591.48 KB
591.48 KB JPG
>>101809663
yeah, the whole thing is ironically "bad" but not in the cynical way that most other ironic works are done, TTGL embraces its cliches and stereotypes and turns them all to eleven and isn't ashamed of it. The creators where going for "fuck yeah, Awesome!" and I think they succeeded. The best way to tell if you will like TTGL is to watch Army of Darkness; if you like AoD then you will like TTGL.
>>
>>101810450
>le Epic meme, bro-meme
>>
>>101806437
It doesn't get better

Everything after the time skip is terrible and then there's a big battle and the ending is awful
>>
>>101810514
Do you have a problem with the word bro, broseph?
>>
>>101810391
By showing it you implied it you fucking retard. Jesus Christ you are desperate.
>>
Patlabor
Gaiking LODM
Gravion (Yes, that Gravion)
Code fucking Geass
Evangelion
Gundam 00
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
Galactic Cyclone Braiger
Zambot 3
Daitarn 3
Voltes V.

The point here, is that I can cite 80% of mecha anime, and I guarantee you no matter how dumb the show is, it's not going to be dumber than TTGL.
>>
>>101809892
if can't understand why the silly giant robots are important then you dont understand the point of the show.
>>
>>101810493
THIS
>>
>>101810563
Are you retarded?
And if that's the case, then why are you throwing a fit right now?
>>
>>101810458
>Better animation
>Characters that matter, (WITH ACTUAL CHARACTERIZATION)
>Plot that's not uber retarded
Of course MJP is better.
>>
>>101810577
>The point here, is that I can cite 80% of mecha anime, and I guarantee you no matter how dumb the show is, it's not going to be as much fun as TTGL.

FTFY
>>
>>101810654
Why don't you whores say what it is in ttgl that makes it fun already?
>>
>>101810654
>TTGL
>Fun
>Implying shitty jap rap and teenage monkeys is "fun"
>>
>>101810696
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

XDDDDDDDDDD KAMINA SO MANLY, EPIC :^)
>>
>>101810635
I think you just didn't like TTGL, which is fine because everyone has different tastes, but you have to understand that TTGL was never about having the most brilliant plot; it was just sheer over the top absurdness and that's why people like it.
>>
>>101810731
>>101810779
trying to hard/10
>>
>>101810635
You're right I should stop talking to such a retard.
>>
>>101810797
>it was just sheer over the top absurdness and that's why people like it.
If I wanted retard, I'd just watch Chargeman Ken and Ginguiser and call it a day.
>>
>>101806437
>DBZ

That's some pretty low quality standard, TTGL isn't even THAT good, but it's far better than DBZ.
>>
>>101810642
>Implying TTGL didn't save 40% of the budget on the last episodes
>Implying Simon is forever a Shinji Ikari clone
>Implying Super Robot shows are about plot
>>
>>101810696
its straight forward over the top action made it just one hell of a fun ride, just accept it that countless people like to have some good fun once in a while without having to use their brain too much
>>
>>101810859
>absurdness equals being retarded

are we raided by underaged faggots?
>>
>>101810900
>Implying Super Robot shows are about plot
Giant Robo.

It's fine if TTGL want to stoop that low, but don't pretend that it's the genre's standard.
>>
File: yokolittner.png (980.82 KB, 703x1024)
980.82 KB
980.82 KB PNG
Reason 1 and reason 2 to watch TTGL

Everything else is meh
>>
>>101810859
Retarded for nostalgiafags like you maybe who can't handle something new being better.
>>
File: 1386691009987.gif (490.45 KB, 500x281)
490.45 KB
490.45 KB GIF
>>101806437

Big O > TTGL> Berserk >>> DBZ

TTGL doesnt do much. Its an homage to mecha well done. The characters outside of Simon lacks exposition until the end. The fights consist mostly of characters shouting until new power up. The one thing to look forward to though is the final battle which is quite a spectacle and the consistent style it offer. It's a fun watch for sure but nothing revolutionary.

I always recommend it to people that I know are into fighting shonen has it share the same spirit of most.
>>
>>101810906
TTGL made it pretty clear early on that you shouldn´t give a fuck about logic so I have a hard time to understand why there are people who complain about it being over the top
>>
>>101807939
No, you got it backwards, Naruto is a shitty battle shonen, while TTGL is one of the only three or four good mecha anime ever made.
>>
File: 1383854774392.jpg (40.62 KB, 163x154)
40.62 KB
40.62 KB JPG
>implying there's a better "turn off your brain" show than Getter Robo Armageddon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJw6lqGFew
>>
>>101810906
I would also add on it's a combination of over the top and serious... Seriously Over The Top/Over The Top Seriousness
>>
>>101811026
>something new being better.
Shin Mazinger. That came out in 2009 and it was better than TTGL which is old and busted by now.
>>
>>101811013

That baby face made it so awkward. uh
>>
>>101811097
>I would also add on it's a combination of over the top and serious.
Every mecha show ever.
>>
>ronin warriors
>big o
>berserk (anime)
>dbz
>rich world or plot
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: 32-nodither.gif (1.19 MB, 320x180)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
>>101811147
Shin Mazinger is amazing! Everyone should give it a chance.
>>
>>101811147
it was nice I give you that, but thats it
>>
>>101811282
TTGL had better animation. I give you that.

But the plot and characterization was a notch above TTGL.
>>
>>101809136
> there's more mecha, much better mecha animu out there

I can't believe mecha fans are this delusional, there are less than ten decent mecha out there, TTGL just happen to be one of them. I'm glad there is a containment board for this kind of faggot.
>>
Can you Getterfags please go back to /m/ now?
>>
File: Real_6862e3_994541.jpg (149.93 KB, 704x1182)
149.93 KB
149.93 KB JPG
>>101811026
Koutetsushin Jeeg came out in 2007, right? The pre-final battle was more fucking hyped than most of TTGL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQp9JLb1hA
>>
>>101811341
this did not stop TTGL from being the more entertaining anime for me by a pretty big margin
>>
>>101811358
ttgl's plot was shit, but it was shiny.

I guess top 30 if I'm being generous.
>>
>>101811422
/m/ please fuck off already
>>
>>101811471
>the more entertaining anime for me by a pretty big margin
Nope.

I wasn't entertained by style. I want substance as well, which Shin Mazinger also provided.

So Shin Mazinger is a more complete work to me.And thus, way more entertaining than TTGL.

If you just want fun and nothing else, then Getter Robo Armageddon still had better fights and music, so it wins out on style over ttgl as well.
>>
>>101811581
>nope

sorry but you won´t change my opinion with this
>>
>>101811538
I'm actually from here.

/m/ only cares about Gundam.

So yeah fuck off with your board accusations.
>>
File: ARMY-OF-DARKNESS.jpg (138.15 KB, 580x859)
138.15 KB
138.15 KB JPG
I'm just about half way through of this movie since everyone seems to recommend it, and I want to have an honest discussion about it. Mainly because I want to know why everyone considers it some kind of savior, holy grail, or whatever. I love fantasy movies...I grew up with Excalibur especially, and grew to Conan the Barbarian, Krull, Raiders of the Lost Ark and others.
This show is pretty good, I like the characters and acting, but the overall plot and world don't seem as rich as what I used to watch. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I don't get the same sense of adventure.
So, did movies decline that much in the 90's? Or am I missing something? Serious questions, not trolling, etc.
>>
>>101811490
The premise was simplistic, I will give you that. But the execution was great, that everything that matters.
>>
>>101811644
>TTGL thread gets raided by Getterfaggots and Nagai asslickers
>not /m/

being this fucking new
>>
>>101811654
Imaishi's execution is not up to par.

There's not a single good fight that I remember in the entirety of my viewing.
>>
>>101811728
you having shit taste is not Imaishis foult
>>
>>101811581
Why can't you just accept that they're all great mecha anime? Why the fuck do Getterfags like you have to prove that it's better than TTGL every single time? Fucking OCD I swear
>>
>>101811691
It doesn't really matter in any case.

TTGL fights (music and wtv you consider style) were not good enough to win on style.

It didn't have enough substance either.

Substance? Giant Robo.
Style? Getter Robo Armageddon.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>101811772
Getterfags suffer from huge inferiority complexes because their oh so great nostalgia shit doesn´t get the same amount of attention than TTGL
>>
>>101809129
>Fun is just a buzzword
Holy shit, its like I'm really on /v/!
>>
>>101811581
I'll give you Shin Mazinger is more consistent than TTGL but TTGL has infinitely more of that "substance" you're on about.
Maybe I'm still tired of the insular elitist circlejerks Mazinger had while being objectively inferior in almost every fashion.
>>101811691
The fun never stops.
>>
>>101811772
>Why the fuck do Getterfags like you have to prove that it's better than TTGL every single time?
Because you ttglfags love doing the same. You think I haven't seen you literally ruin /a/ with your epic maymay shit?

Fuck off you're not innocent.
>>
>>101811772
>Why the fuck do Getterfags like you have to prove that it's better than TTGL every single time?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/autism
>>
>>101811890
>TTGL ruining /a/

fuck off once again neo-/a/
>>
>>101811887
>has infinitely more of that "substance"
You're full of shit. Stop lying to yourself. TTGL had bare bones philosophy with a predictable plot to boot.
>>
>>101811955
>I don't like what it says so it isn't effectively saying it
This is you.
>>
>>101811846
>doesn´t get the same amount of attention than TTGL
Getter Robo Armageddon sold more than TTGL.

Get fucked with your inferiority complexes.

Getter Robo Saga is one of the greatest mecha manga ever conceived.

Even the staff of TTGL agrees. So who the fuck are you to argue?
>>
>>101805792
>So, did anime decline that much in the 2000s?
Anyone who actually believes this is a fucking moron. There's tons of amazing shit released after the 90s, but there's a lot more shit since there's a fuckton more anime being released. In the 90s, there was not a single year where over 100 shows premiered and Summer was a deadzone, but now the average is like 130+ and even the slowest season has over 30 shows, and this is before factoring OAVs and we're also discounting long runners like Detective Conan, Doremon, and One Piece.
>>
>>101812001
>I don't like what it says so it isn't effectively saying it
I like what it says, but it was done in such simple fashion, and it ended up contradicting it self in the end.

Even Naruto had a more complex take on never giving up philosophy, even if I think that show is utter garbage as well.
>>
File: 1381807826943.png (194.80 KB, 500x344)
194.80 KB
194.80 KB PNG
>TTGL thread
>Gettrfags ruin it

Every fucking time.
>>
File: lookatthispleb.jpg (32.95 KB, 310x310)
32.95 KB
32.95 KB JPG
>>101812014
>pulling the "it sold more" as an argument
>>
>>101812091
Take your shitty fight da powa epic maymay rap somewhere else please.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (426.18 KB, 854x480)
426.18 KB
426.18 KB PNG
>TTGL reception during release
"Holy shit this anime is so goddamn hype that I too want to fight the power!"

>TTGL reception in other threads now
"I say it's still good, but doesn't mean it's 100% flawless."

>TTGL reception ITT
"Why is this shit called good again?"

So what would happen if there's a sequel?
>>
>>101812091
>/m/ ruins it

FTFY
>>
>>101812131
You spoke of attention. That's what attention is you idiot.
>>
>>101812139
>fight da powa epic maymay rap

When exactly did I use a meme you ass invading queer?
>>
This thread
>>
>>101812195
stop being delusional, only nostalgiafags speak about Getterrobo today while as good as everyone of the current generation knows TTGL, it doesn´t matter if you hate TTGL but this is a fact you just can´t deny without embarassing yourself
>>
>>101810493
This x1000. TTGL is an emotional anime, not an intellectual one. For fucks sake, it delights in being illogical and impossibly convoluted. Like when in the final battle, they bust out ''anti probability missiles''. You don't question that, you're just supposed to laugh and keep cheering. Its refreshing to watch something that's unapologetically stupid.
>>
>>101812251
muffled rap.
>>
File: 1378732445259[1].jpg (600.44 KB, 2560x1861)
600.44 KB
600.44 KB JPG
Best girl thread?
>>
>>101812304
there really are far too little people like you in this thread
>>
>>101812304
Which is ripped off from Ken Ishikawa's Getter Robo manga anyway.
>>
>>101810493
>>101812304

I wish more people understood this.
>>
>>101812076
>the super robot show was too simple for me as I list what wasn't actually the theme
Yeah ok bro I believe you. When TTGL is 2deep4u it's probably time to be committed.
>>101812191
Literally worse than /jp/. At least they stick to their board with their wanton contempt of /a/. /m/ on the other hand feels the need to inject their toxic superiority complex into /a/ proper for whatever reason.
>>
>>101812285
>only nostalgiafags speak about Getterrobo
I discovered Getter Robo only a few years ago. I'm in no way a nostalgiafag.
>>
>>101812376
>Getterfags always trying to have the last word

autism
>>
>>101812436
ok, bu this does not change anything
>>
>>101812314
The "muffled rap" had nothing to do with TTGL. It was a joke about niggers.

Are you really this retarded or are you just pretending?
>>
>>101812182
Where else could it go in a sequel? They would have to fight in 11th dimensional string theory and be travelling forwards and backwards through time simultaneously. The whole thing will have to also be produced in 3D but have the show be self aware of is 2 dimensional existance and have characters that develop 3D reders of themselves to get around the 2 dimensional limitations of the show.
>>
>>101812560
It would be an ultra dark and edgy channeling the feel of late 80s real robo about how the anti spirals were right all along and how the universe is going to burn out under the weight of spiral wielding races.
>>
>>101810152
No, he was implying that only lazy children greentext, which many intellectual posters would agree with. Since many TTGL fans resorted to greentexting in the face of criticism, it is safe to surmise that they, or rather you, are fine representatives of this stereotype.
>>
>>101812560
Spiral Nemesis happens?
>>
File: getterrobogoimaishi.png (898.86 KB, 1280x896)
898.86 KB
898.86 KB PNG
Hideaki Anno: "The manga of Master Ken Ishikawa was like a bible to me."

Kazuki Nakashima: "Right now, I'm producing the book for Japan's #1, Ishikawa-sensei." (on the editing of Getter Robo Saga)

Hiroyuki Imaishi: fanart. pic related.

Getter Robo > TTGL.
>>
>>101812703
>TTGL influenced by super robot shows popular during the youth of its staff
Stop the presses.
Stop. The. Presses.
The people must know!
>>
>>101812703
this autism hurts
Getterfags pls go and stay go
>>
File: 1239141510407.jpg (458.27 KB, 2300x1705)
458.27 KB
458.27 KB JPG
"The final enemy also bears a striking resemblance to La Gooth of Records of Nothingness" (By Ken Ishikawa)
>>
>>101812638
so instead of spiraling out of control like the first show did it will instead be a winding down from chaos to absolute reform. The characters will have to battle with their own chaotic impulses like emotions and ignorance and instead embrace a universe of emotionless contentment?
>>
>>101812703
>the creator was inspired by another work so this means its better han his work

holy fucking shit this is kindergarten level
>>
>>101812966
>Right now, I'm producing the book for Japan's #1
>>
>>101813008
stop
>>
>>101812966
>this means its better han his work
Regardless of his opinion, Getter Robo is still better. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>101813123
no it isn´t, what now?
>>
>>101805792
the show is for kids, so as an adult I didn't enjoy it as much
>>
>>101813254
It is.
>>
Why didn't Simon end up banging Yoko?
>>
>>101813325
but anime is for kids anon
>>
>>101810696
Ummmm giant robots? And TTGL is the best anime for giant robots, because it portrays them as.....STUPID. Thats right, I'm saying the idea of people piloting giant robots in battle is unbelievably stupid. Thats why TTGL is the best mecha anime, it doesn't try to make the genre smart, it embraces the idocy. Thats why you fucking Getter Robo faggots are all autistic; stop trying to put intellectualism into a fucking show about robots fighting! Just make it over the top and don't waste time with rationalizing. Thats how you'll appeal to people who aren't fucking sperglords.
>>
>>101813345
so you want to play autism ping pong?
>>
>>101813397
>Just make it over the top and don't waste time with rationalizing.
Getter Robo Armageddon does a better job at that than TTGL.
>>
>>101813325
Funny story, if you find this entire interview
>>101812791
Imaishi likes to stroke his dick about how deep it was and how if you didn't like it as a kid you're probably not mature enough and need to watch it as an adult.

The fact that anyone thinks such entry level thematic imagery combined with the "delivery" the show had went over anyone's head is absolutely astounding. Don't like it? You obviously didn't get it even though you're able to explain everything the show did because they literally screamed it at you.
>>
>>101813430
After you.
>>
Getter Robo is actually deeper than Evangelion in certain aspects.
>>
>>101813455
and there are people who think the TTGL fanbase is more autistic than Getterfaggots
>>
>>101813581
The TTGL fanbase is more autistic.

In fact, you could see its effects right now with KLK fags.
>>
>>101813574
>>
>>101813649
nope when I read this thread the most sperging comes from Getterfanboys
>>
>>101813574
That's because EVA wasn't actually deep. It had themes, and it presented them well (the cinematography, scene composition and dialog of EoE are all of particular note) but none of it was actually that deep. It presented it all right in front of you.
>>
>>101813654
It's funny because it's the truth.

Shin Getter is more philosophical than the entire Gainax library.
>>
>>101813574
>>101813722
holy shit. HOLY.SHIT.
Getterfags confirmed for most delusional, most autistic and most insufferable faggots on the planet
>>
>>101813711
The sperging comes from TTGL fags unable to deal with a work being superior than their favourite.
>>
This is the most ridiculous thread I've read in a while. Good job guys.
>>
>>101813789
How would you know? Have you actually read it? Ishikawa was onto something before he died.

Evangelion fanboys remain the most autistic and insufferable faggots in the anime fanbase. Ask any knowledgeable person.
>>
>>101813810
No.

>TTGLfags made a thread to discuss their show
>Getterfags ruin it

Who is the one sperging here?
>>
>>101813932
The OP made it clear that he thought TTGL isn't as good. I was only suggesting that Getter is better, and he should try that.

Then you TTGL fags got mad because someone didn't like your precious epic may may anime, and you proceeded to argue with the getterfags just wanted to help OP.
>>
>>101813455
You probably also think Nirvana ripped off the Pixies. History remembers the superior product, and the simple fact is TTGL resonates better with most people. It doesn't really matter where the message or ideas came from. Getter Robo couldn't light the passion in people's hearts, and that's why it will always be remembered as just the work that inspired TTGL. So have fun forcing your inferior product on people, it will only make you come across as stubborn and elitist.
>>
>>101813990
Sorry, wrong thread
>>
>>101814068
No you're wrong. Gilgamesh is the GOAT everything else is an inferior knockoff.
>>
>>101814068
>History remembers the superior product,
Getter Robo sold more. Had more anime and manga made for it, (and still being made even today).

>Getter Robo couldn't light the passion in people's hearts,
Gainax's entire staff. A big portion of the industry today operates on Getter.

In fact, TTGL is being quickly forgotten already. In a recent Japanese poll, TTGL only ranked 2 levels higher than Getter Robo.

Getter Robo has been here for 40 years, and it managed to keep its popularity for that long.

TTGL only came out in 2007, and it only ranked 2 levels above Getter Robo.

What does that tell you? It tells you that TTGL is already quickly losing steam, and within the next few years, it will already be forgotten.

TTGL is just a show.

Getter Robo is a household name.

Know the difference, it could save your face.
>>
>>101814343
>Getter Robo has been here for 40 years, and it managed to keep its popularity for that long.
TTGL is one show. Getter Robo is 9001 with manga.
>>
>>101814068
>it will always be remembered as just the work that inspired TTGL.
I'm pretty sure Getter Robo is remembered as the super robot series.

While TTGL is just another super robot series.

You're pitting a behemoth of the industry like Getter to some random popular within a short period of time.
>>
>>101814415
The original Toei Getter Robo series is classic and definitely very popular. It appeared in a time where animation was still in its infancy, which means that it will always be remembered with the passage of time, TTGL came too late, so it will be forgotten within the next 20 years.
>>
You guys are silly, letting fanbases and preconceptions ruin things.
I enjoy Gurren Lagann, but understand why someone who prefers more serious, plot heavy, or less "whacky" anime wouldn't.
>>
>>101814547
Your own points don't support your conclusion.
On one hand you have a franchise with literally 40 years worth of followup's, nostalgia, and branding.
On the other hand you have a show from 2007 with nearly nothing other than a theatrical cut as a follow up.
Which of these two would you expect to be more popular? Which has the advantage? Yet which one is more popular?
The future isn't a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>101814343
Fuck, thank you for acually giving me a decent reply for once.

As you might gave guessed, I'm not an anime fan. I am arguing purely from the standpoint of a layman consumer. I'm not sure you're right about TTGL being forgotten, it seems to mesh better with today's culture, its youth in particular. I will admit I am out of my element here, and at this point we are arguing over which series will be remembered in the future, which is silly.

The point I was making is that art isn't about orignality, its about expressing a feeling. The product that conveys said feeling best is superior. And in that regard, I really don't think its fair to say TTGL failed.
>>
Getter Robo, simply epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjsk_2lo_c

:^)
>>
>>101814775
Why are you on /a/ in the first place?
This isn't meant to be offensive, i'm just curious.
>>
It's awesome if you're into over the top MUH RESOLVE EQUALS POWAH kind of things.

I really enjoyed the concept of man being its own god and whatnot, and the screenplay and shit has some incredibly "epic" moments, but as far as writing and the like goes, it' nowhere near the levels of DB (the manga, of course. The anime was okay I guess but the DB manga is just awesome).

And Berserk just shits all over it. Once again, the manga. The TV anime wasn't bad and I haven't touched the newer movies, but dat manga man.

But yeah, incredible for what it is, but is not legendary status by any means.
>>
File: uj0eq.gif (976.14 KB, 500x281)
976.14 KB
976.14 KB GIF
>>
>>101814932
Well I do like anime, just not as much as many posters here. I heard that attack on titan got cancelled, and I came here to see if there was any information on that. Then I came across this thread and got sidetracked. Actually, since I kinda wanna get the fuck out of here, have you heard anything on that? Does anyone know if AoT is still going?
>>
File: ag95w.gif (874.14 KB, 500x281)
874.14 KB
874.14 KB GIF
>>101814979
Why can't we just say both shows are awesome?
>>
Kittan dies with Yoko blue balls, Nia fades away at the end and Simon refuses to bring her back, the mole evolves into a person, everyone goes their separate ways and Simon becomes a God but refuses to use his power at all for fear of becoming the Spiral Nemesis.
>>
>>101814775
>I'm not sure you're right about TTGL being forgotten, it seems to mesh better with today's culture, its youth in particular.
To me it just seems you're unfamiliar with Getter.

Is it such a bad opinion to have to think that Getter is superior than TTGL?

Blame the TTGL fags for throwing a fit that an opinion doesn't match theirs.
>>
Getter Robo still has the better tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71wG9uLaMLQ

TTGL's epic may may rap was annoying as fuck.
>>
>>101814979
>Getter shooting beam out of its arm
Whoever made this is a fucking retard.
>>
> That moment when you realize people are missing the point about your comment
> Without even trying
> That moment when you realize this shit should be on fucking /m/ of all places for maximum shitstorm
God bless Dancouga, and /a/ too
>>
>>101815175
No man, there's nothing wrong with that. But the OP did say, "let's discuss TTGL''. There's a time and a place for debates, and part of having social skills is knowing when to withhold your opinions. If you really want people to properly appreciate Getter Robo, you need to work on your presentation of your ideas. Afterall, you can't force people to watch something.
>>
File: 2121.jpg (280.45 KB, 600x454)
280.45 KB
280.45 KB JPG
>>101815644
>Continues off-topic
Macross 7, G Gundam, Gurren Lagann, Getter Robo, GaoGaiGar, or Mazinger Z?
Which is better?
>>
File: Bored.jpg (18.56 KB, 400x400)
18.56 KB
18.56 KB JPG
I don't even give a shit about Getter Robo but everyone who has ever been to /a/ knows how autistic the fan base is. You guys probably only browse /a/ to ruin TTGL threads. So I have a humble suggestion for you: Open your own thread where you can discuss how great Getter Robo is and have fun. Simply you guys having to come here to tell us how much better Getter is shows your insecurity about a trend that people ignore your anime of choice, but all you accomplish is turning people who are new to the genre away from it because of your raging autism. Just let go of your shitty show already and get with the times you sperglords.
>>
>>101810797
Are you sure you're replying to the right person? I was insulting people for abusing the quote function, not arguing about ttgl.
>>
ITT: Tengen Toppa Devasted Anus
>>
>>101810906
Then why did Nia die?
>>
>>101815838

Mazinger Z.

Because Ashura.
>>
>>101816029
To make you cry. The same reason why Pinguidrum had a shitty reset they dont remember each others ending.
>>
File: Point out.png (3.64 KB, 222x211)
3.64 KB
3.64 KB PNG
Getter Robo is awesome! Watch the show it's way better than TTGL! But we hate people who watch TTGL so don't watch it! What's that? Critizism of my favorite Getter Robo show? You probably haven't even seen it.
>>
Philosophy time.
http://nerdvice.com/2013/04/18/crimson-analysis-relationships-symbolism-and-philosophy-in-gurren-lagann/
>>
ITT: Newfags that have only watched one mecha and argue back and forth about it with anyone who dares to insult their masterpiece
>>
>>101812661
> only lazy children greentext
Refer to my first reply
>>
I really wonder why the /m/echavirgins never show up in Code Geass threads. That's as much of a main stream mecha anime.
>>
File: 1391920881683.gif (104.95 KB, 400x400)
104.95 KB
104.95 KB GIF
>>101809136
Look at this fuckin hipster.
Nice shitpost and embarrassment to /a/
>>
>>101815968
Yeah my bad I quoted the wrong person.
>>
File: 1379611675311.jpg (104.84 KB, 532x528)
104.84 KB
104.84 KB JPG
Okay, truAutist here. I went through and counted things up all the abuses of the spoiler function in this thread.

Pro-TTGL comes in at 24 posts with abuses of the spoiler function.

Anti-TTGL, often pro-Getter, comes in at 3 posts.

And other posts not ion either side come in at 6 posts.


Please do not abuse the spoiler function, everyone!
>>
>>101815890
>autistic
Are you talking about ttgl?
>>
>>101815890
This, however, is that sad truth that a lot people can't seem to grasp.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (64.16 KB, 326x323)
64.16 KB
64.16 KB JPG
TTGL is awesome! Watch the show it's way better than Getter Robo! But we hate people who watch Getter Robo so don't watch it! What's that? Critizism of my favorite Gainax show? You probably haven't even seen it.
>>
>>101817129
>proving his point
>>
>>101817349
>But we hate people who watch Getter Robo so don't watch it!

Except nobody said that
>>
>>101815375
>TTGL's epic may may rap

The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>101817349
You should do starw man comics in dinosaur media.
>>
>>101815375
>>101817349
Everyone look at these retards and laugh!
>>
File: gif Gainer.gif (572.48 KB, 500x281)
572.48 KB
572.48 KB GIF
since this thread went from "lets discuss X" to war, gotta derail it with mecha lyrics

YOU CAN YOU GET MY SOOOOOOONG
>>
Ttgl sucks. Try GaoGaiGar if you want an intelligent super robot anime.
>>
>>101806728
DBZ is not legionary. Its not even the most sold. Its just that is popular because it served as the inspiration for many other shounens. But make no mistake, DBZ does nothing great. In fact, the big 3 in general have been consistenly better than DBZ if you take the nostalgia googles off. If anything, at least DBZ is better than fairy tail, but not by a large margin. Same applies to TTGL.
>>
>>101817352
Ttgl has consistently been the most autistic and retarded fanbase for years. One thread isn't going to change that. Don't play dumb.
>>
Also, GaoGaiGar is still better than both Getter and GL.
>>
>kill MC not even half into the show
>expect it to be good

Holy fuck, why would they kill best MC ever.
>>
>>101818102
GTFO PEDO
>>
File: Jedah.png (22.04 KB, 510x556)
22.04 KB
22.04 KB PNG
Clawshrimpy please tell us about how GaoGaiGar is perfect and Mamoru is best character of all characters pls
>>
File: 1263600964495.jpg (419.76 KB, 1500x638)
419.76 KB
419.76 KB JPG
>>101818102
GaoGaiGar and Getter are the best mecha

Green is the most powerful color
>>
Man, judging from this thread I could of swore that I was on /m/.
>>
>>101821050
You mean the thread where people have actually seen more than 5 mecha shows?
>>
>>101821123
I mean the thread where people start shitposting about 10 posts in because OP posted about a show.
>>
>>101821123
>the thread
the board*

>>101821169
>start shitposting
The people who have actually watched more than 1 mecha show and aren't low powerlevelfags give an educated opinion and it's shitposting because they don't agree with you?
>>
>>101821242
>The people who have actually watched more than 1 mecha show and aren't low powerlevelfags give an educated opinion and it's shitposting because they don't agree with you?

Haha, oh wow. No, I mean actual shitposting.

Here are some I immediately see, I'll include some obvious reverse shitposting too where you can tell people are obviously impersonating GL fans.

>>101806785
>>101807458
>>101808505
>>101809136
>>101809761

Not including the posts that are specifically "hurr Gurren Lagann fans are so fucking stupid"

When it comes to /m/ and /a/ most of the "talk" about Gurren Lagann usually goes like this

>Hey guys I liked Gurren Lagann and liked it
>holy shit, why are you claiming this as the best thing ever what are you some type of faggot watch something else how dare you like it
>Why are you getting so mad about me liking Gurren Lagann
>HURR BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE IT, WATCH GAOGAIGAR OR GETTER STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

There are some serious retarded fans that think GL is the best thing ever but it feels like you get attacked if you even mention that you watched Gurren Lagann and liked it.

/m/ specifically has a lot of hate for it. I was going through the archives for SRWZ once, I saw someone go "What if it lets you save Kamina? Do you think he and Kittan could do a Double Giga Drill Breaker" or something and someone jumped on him and went "WHY ARE GURREN LAGANN FANS SO FUCKING RETARDED STOP ACTING LIKE PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR SHOW" even though it's actually a pretty normal question for SRW.

You can enjoy the mecha genre in general and still like GL but it feels like people will slit your throat if you say you enjoyed Gurren Lagann at all even if you aren't being obnoxious. There seems to be some type of irrational hatred for it.
>>
>>101821703
>>Hey guys I liked Gurren Lagann and liked it
>>holy shit, why are you claiming this as the best thing ever what are you some type of faggot watch something else how dare you like it
>>Why are you getting so mad about me liking Gurren Lagann
>>HURR BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE IT, WATCH GAOGAIGAR OR GETTER STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
Who are you quoting?
>>
TTGL and Eva are both mecha for people that don't like mecha.

But mecha is shit so thats a good thing.
>>
>>101821962
Mecha is not a genre.
>>
>>101821962
But I liked mecha and I like Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>101821836
Oh boy, this sure is a 10/10 response. Why don't I do this then.

"Hey guys I watched Gurren Lagann and liked it"
"holy shit, why are you claiming this as the best thing ever what are you some type of faggot watch something else how dare you like it"
"Why are you getting so mad about me liking Gurren Lagann"
"HURR BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE IT, WATCH GAOGAIGAR OR GETTER STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE"
>>
>>101821995
Arguable!
>>
>>101805792
what anime is that?
>>
>>101822171
Kill la Kill
>>
>>101822094
This is like one of those argument comics but in text form.
>>
>>101821703
You're so full of shit. TTGL don't claim they like it, they claim it's the greatest mecha anime of all time and one of the best anime period and go on and on about how fun it is while having the best music, most epic fights and "deep" themes.

Easily the most obnoxious fanbase, because unlike SnKfags they think they're actually anime pros.
>>
File: 1385974972654.gif (21.01 KB, 600x713)
21.01 KB
21.01 KB GIF
>>101821703
>>101822094
>>
>>101822530
Oh shit, son! An MS Paint comic!
>>
>>101812372
>far too little people
>>
>>101812347
The only opinion in this whole thread I can respect.
>>
Why can't people just enjoy things
>>
its been 7 years and no anime has surpassed gurren lagann
>>
>>101822745
Because people with little to no experience with an entertainment medium think they're all knowing and like to go to a place full of people who actually have some experience and tell them how great their tastes are and how their favorite anime is the greatest of all time.

It'd be the same thing as a CoDkiddy going to /v/ and telling everyone how his favorite game is the best game ever.
>>
>>101822493
Five bucks says almost everyone that posts like that does so to get a rise out of people like you. Posters that actually enjoy TTGL know enough not to engage in ridiculous, barely believable hyperbole that not even a retard would fall for because they know it's not true, and that it comes with a shitton of backlash.
>>
>>101822927
No, you're wrong. All you need to do is search "TTGL" in the archives.

You're telling me every single TTGLfag is actually a reverse troll? That's bullshit, stop defending a retarded fanbase.
>>
>>101822923
Yeah, okay whatever dude
>>
>>101822986
No, and although a lot of them are reverse trolls, it is possible (WHOA) to post about TTGL without being a faggot 12 year old. Did you even read the OP of this very thread? He was able to say that he liked it, but admits that it has flaws. You're overexaggerating and overgeneralizing what you perceive to be a problem.
>>
I like anime
>>
>>101822745
Posts like this are the worst. /a/ isn't meant to be a hugbox circlejerk, it's a place for anime discussion.
>>
so what i gathered from this thread is that Getter Robo is apparently better than TTGL but if I watch it i'll become a bitter asshole who ruins other people's fun
>>
>>101823059
Great response. Now fuck back off to whatever shithole you crawled out of.

>>101823110
>You're overexaggerating and overgeneralizing what you perceive to be a problem.
Except I'm not. It's well know that TTGLfags are extremely loud low powerlevelfags who think TTGL is the greatest anime ever out of the 20 shows they've seen. It's been like this since it aired, don't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>101823251
It's part of the contract you sign after you finish downloading the torrent
>>
>>101823251
Good

Now run away before the rabid fans bite you
>>
Allow me to sum up this thread: You're all autistic faggots. Yes, even you.
>>
>>101823281
it's okay dude you're always perfectly right
>>
>>101823327
No way I'm autistic, but I agree that everyone else is
>>
>>101822530
MS Paint comics are basically the same level of arguments, you know.
>>
>>101823374
>Deflecting and denial
Excellent.
>>
>>101823386

Sure you are, anon. You're posting on /a/.
>>
>>101823433
Guess you're right there as usual
>>
>>101823281
>You're wrong because I say so

At least try to act like you're trying to make a point here.

If you can't tell the difference between people are genuinely being faggots and those who are constructing that impression to get your reaction, posting around here must be hell for you
>>
>>101823490
>If you can't tell the difference between people are genuinely being faggots
You're clearly very new if you're in denial about the TTGL fanbase to this extent.
>>
>>101823433
>>101823490
Would you clods stop abusing the quote function already?
>>
>>101823559
But they're quoting the context correctly
>>
>Best mecha anime
>Not mobile suit gundam saga
cmon /a/ you are better than that
>>
>>101823628
They're attack straw men.
>>
>>101823695
>best mecha anime
>not macross
I know you can do better
>>
>>101823764
>attack straw men
Great now you made me wish there's an anime about this
>>
>>101823540
And you refuse to think outside of the accepted /a/ groupthink opinion because you know you'd be wrong.

The show finished airing 7 years ago, even kids have moved on with their lives and tastes. Only tired shitposters are still keeping up this shit by posting ancient, faggy AMVs set to Linkin Park or whatever or abusing exclamation points.

Although honestly, I have no idea why I'm wasting my time on someone who only quotes parts of my posts out of context to get a reaction anyways. It's obvious you're not here to make a point.
>>
>>101823900
>It's obvious you're not here to make a point.
No that would be you. All you've done is try and talk in circles. Someone asked why people get mad, I told you it was the obnoxious fanbase. They've been here for a while and everyone is familiar with them. You refuse to accept this so you claim that the fans aren't really that bad, but every person who screams like a retard about it is actually a reverse troll.

Next to "TTGL is the best anime ever" what you're saying is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and now you've just moving further and further off topic because you don't actually have a point to make that's rooted in any sort of logical thinking.
>>
File: 1381832583557.jpg (81.31 KB, 546x604)
81.31 KB
81.31 KB JPG
>This thread

And they say /v/ is shit
>>
>>101825199
That's why this thread is so bad.
>>
>>101807776
I don't even remember Dragon Ball's anime having any padding, and the humans actually did things back then. Fights also had a strategic element that disappeared after Z got past Frieza.
>>
>>101826289
Anything after the original Dragon Ball is terrible
>>
>>101826405
>original Dragon Ball
I want the kids to leave.
>>
>>101807722

>open the video
>heard horrible english dub
>close the video



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.