[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 1349803502159.jpg (55.10 KB, 359x296)
55.10 KB
55.10 KB JPG
>Your favorite manga gets picked up by KyoAni

Tell me how you feel
>>
>Saki
I feel good about it actually.
>>
File: Why2.jpg (23.23 KB, 288x499)
23.23 KB
23.23 KB JPG
I'm not going to give you a recommendation but my reaction would be pic related.
>>
File: remi confused.png (78.17 KB, 280x320)
78.17 KB
78.17 KB PNG
but my favourite anime was already animated by JC Staff
>>
File: 1390852913539.jpg (52.59 KB, 1280x720)
52.59 KB
52.59 KB JPG
Psyren lel

KyoAni animations + dem fight scenes
>>
File: 1391384789457.jpg (43.28 KB, 656x635)
43.28 KB
43.28 KB JPG
>>101703787
>everything is a recommendation thread

That tinfoil hat is not doing you well, son
>>
>>101703656
>your favorite girls are turned into moeblobs with no character
>>
File: sjVXuCs.jpg (39.20 KB, 625x581)
39.20 KB
39.20 KB JPG
Haganai.
>>
File: 1386412629635.jpg (28.33 KB, 409x409)
28.33 KB
28.33 KB JPG
>>101703656

> favorite manga
>manga

kyoani doesnt adapt manga
>>
File: LoveHina09.jpg (165.92 KB, 692x1024)
165.92 KB
165.92 KB JPG
I wish they would reanimate it true to the manga art style
>>
File: prunus-girl-1393023.jpg (116.37 KB, 800x1143)
116.37 KB
116.37 KB JPG
I don't care, as long as it gets animated.

On the other hand, it would cause shitstorms between people saying that Aikawa is a girl since it is obvious the anime would not confirm the gender just like the manga did.
>>
>>101704074
Of course they do, stop talking silly stuff.
>>
File: 1386906691742.jpg (57.48 KB, 400x500)
57.48 KB
57.48 KB JPG
>>101704074
Is it fine if I bite?
>>
Mite b cool
>>
>>101704120
Actually, they did confirm it in the epilogue.
>>
My favorite manga already has an anime adaptation.
>>
>>101704250
This would be better for Shaft
>>
File: 1391384495931.jpg (70.02 KB, 1280x720)
70.02 KB
70.02 KB JPG
>HxH

Wakarimasen. Everything would be cute I guess
>>
File: 1390208689739.jpg (120.78 KB, 960x720)
120.78 KB
120.78 KB JPG
>Gundam: The Origin.
>Implying Kyoani could get their their hands on something like that.
>>
File: 1341152658986.gif (763.42 KB, 500x275)
763.42 KB
763.42 KB GIF
>blade of the immortal
>>
File: 1391385625483.png (225.53 KB, 500x449)
225.53 KB
225.53 KB PNG
>>101704356
CGI overload
>>
>>101704356
>gendums
>anyone but sunrise
>>
>>101704340

I wouldn't mind a Shaft adaptation either, but I feel like Voynich Hotel has enough quirkiness without Shaft piling on.
>>
>>101703656
>Post-Hyouka KyoAni
Fuck no.
>>
>>101704498
>Aired literally less than 2 years ago
>Thinks anything is different
You're a fucking idiot.

Now complain about how they only adapt IPs they own.
>>
File: 1367281300471.jpg (264.44 KB, 1280x720)
264.44 KB
264.44 KB JPG
>>101704199
>>101704226

they adapt light novels you dumb fucks.
>>
File: 1391382117632.gif (138.98 KB, 322x367)
138.98 KB
138.98 KB GIF
>>101704596
>what is literally their most famous show of this time
>>
>>101704596
Someone forgot a little obscure anime called K-ON
>>
>>101704498
More like post-Disappearance
>>
>>101704592
Look at how different Chuu2ren so far compared to s1.
Just admit it, KyoAni post-Hyouka is shit. They learned that their fanbase is stupid enough to gobble anything they trhow at them as long as it's "well-animated".
>>
>>101704732
Are you implying s1 was any good either?
>>
>>101704250
>there will be no anime adapted from dowman works even it's 4 minutes show
>>
>Azumanga Daioh
Finally, we can have an anime that isn't a shitheap with a negative sign before the estimated budget total.
>>
>>101704827
Maybe there will
>>
>>101703656
>Narutaru by KyoAnie
Nope.
>>
>>101704799
It's quite fun for the first half.
Now, i didn't say Chuu2ren is bad, it's just different than s1.
>>
>>101704861
>KyoAni Azumanga
>Improvement
>>
File: 1308303171365.jpg (56.92 KB, 290x340)
56.92 KB
56.92 KB JPG
>Yotsubato!
I'd be mighty fine with that, especially if they keep the artstyle intact.
>>
Will they be able to make Bakuman Hyouka-tier?
>>
>>101704940
They're both shit and Touka is the only thing that makes them watchable to start with
>>
>>101704732
>Look at how different Chuu2ren so far compared to s1.
All of the humor and cute shit, none of the bad drama?


>They learned that their fanbase is stupid enough to gobble anything they trhow at them as long as it's "well-animated".
You're not fooling me, you're just one of those faggots still butthurt about Free.
>>
>>101704948
It might just work. KyoAni is the queen of SOL after all.
>>
Don't know if they can
>>
>>101705029
>queen of SOL

hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>101705011
Why would i felt butthurt about show that clearly not aimed at me?
>>
>>101704942
ANYTHING would be an upgrade from J.C.Staff. Giving them AzuDai was displaying pearls before swine.
>>
>>101705029
>everything fun and games until episode 7
>then some unnecessary love triangle between Jumbo, Koiwai and Asagi
T-thanks, KyoAni.
>>
>>101705118
Because every thread where people start complaining about Kyoani since 2012 has been buuthurt about Free.

Literally every thread people shitpost about "X show is shit" boils down to "Well you're just a new Kyoanus sympathizing fujoshit!"
>>
>>101705139
JC Staff have had their good moments, for example Nodame Cantabile and Toradora
>>
File: Turning into a fool.png (959.68 KB, 1368x2000)
959.68 KB
959.68 KB PNG
>>101703656
>>
>>101705242
JC staff made Utena, Toradora, KMB, Azumanga Diaoh and Slayers.

Now how much shit have they made?
>>
File: 1388052958542.png (211.52 KB, 211x253)
211.52 KB
211.52 KB PNG
>>101705201
>Asagi

You mean Fuuka right

>mfw Kyoani animates all those Kansai orange doujins
>>
>>101705139
Azumanga anime was so bad it's why Azuma forbids Yotsuba anime from being made.

Thanks JC staff!
>>
>>101705284
Don't forget Clover

KyoAni have made Disappearance, FMP s2 and Hyouka

Now how much shit have they made?
>>
>>101705239
Nice generalization there dipshits.
I couldn't care less about Free! because it's obvious who it's demographic target is.
I'm more butthurt about KnK and second half of Chuu2.
>>
>>101703656
Can KyoAni just make an anime of pure fantasy setting? Not that set in modern society but some magical place or something.
>>
File: 1377591488310.jpg (694.85 KB, 1635x1200)
694.85 KB
694.85 KB JPG
Can't wait.
>>
>>101705331
>Azumanga anime was so bad

Why is that exactly? Excluding Azuma's criticisms, why do YOU think it was bad. They were faithful to the art style and the manga
>>
>>101705335
KnK was fucking awful and I'm not only talking about the ending.
>>
File: 1350218608837.jpg (387.58 KB, 1000x812)
387.58 KB
387.58 KB JPG
>>101705332
> FMP s2

>>101705340
>What is Munto
>>
File: 55379l.jpg (119.69 KB, 418x600)
119.69 KB
119.69 KB JPG
Bring the SUFFERING back when they adapted Key stuff.
>>
File: 1387411750048.gif (607.48 KB, 480x270)
607.48 KB
607.48 KB GIF
>>101705449
Only the ending was bad, rest of the show was ok
>>
>>101705449
Anyone with eyes and decent IQs could see that.
>>
File: vinland-saga-138095.jpg (134.77 KB, 1200x878)
134.77 KB
134.77 KB JPG
would be a fun ride until the part in the farm.
>>
File: 1387633158542.jpg (1.47 MB, 1601x1901)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Why do people still give a fuck about KyoAnus? They already killed anime.
>>
>>101704084
Terrible taste.
>>
Yotsuban!

I'm okay with this
>>
>>101705506
>Inconsistent pacing
>Very unlikable MCs
>Stupid plot points and plot holes.
Yeah right.
>>
>>101705449
>>101705506
Except the ending made perfect sense within the context of the show.
>>
>>101705449
most people realized it was entirely awful, it's only kyoani fanboys who are oblivious to it
>>
>>101703656
Enjoy your shitty adaptation

>Implying kyoanus ever picked popular manga/ln
>>
>>101705332
Fuck, I knew I was forgetting one.

I've never watched a Kyoani show I didn't like. I either know it's bad and avoid it (Munto, Air) or that it's just not for me (Free!). Hyouka and Nichijou were amazing and I don't approach everything with a "This will be shit before I watch it!" mindset and find most of their stuff to be really good but not perfect.

>>101705335
>I'm more butthurt about KnK
KnK was one of my favorites from last season. Not perfect but the threads were great after the shitposters left. No, disliking it isn't shitposting, but complaining about things that make it clear you didn't watch for more than 30 minutes with your eyes closed the whole time is.

>second half of Chuu2.
The bad stuff lasted less than 2 episodes. Wasn't nearly enough to ruin the show.
>>
>>101705559
>Left: a dozen shows
>Right: one show and one short special episode of KnK
>>
>>101705615
First two are opinions which you're entitled to but what plot holes were there besides the ending?
>>
>>101705615
>plot holes.
I agree with everything but that one, everything was explained towards the end, those aren't holes, if anything, it falls under inconsistent pacing.
>>
>>101705559
Chuu2 don't belong to the left category.
>>
>>101705625
It did, but it wasn't conveyed/portrayed well.
>>
>Nukoduke

Just naming off the top of my head, but it'd be perfectly adorable and I'd love to have them animate it.
>>
>>101705673
Trying to convey shitty, repetitive jokes with over the top visuals that would entertain a 10 year old isn't exactly something I'd call 'amazing' but to each their own
>>
>>101705674
>Point
>Your head.
>>
>>101705615
>Inconsistent pacing
Introduced characters, things happened, they changed accordingly. Pacing was fine especially considering they were going for a specific kind of narrative towards the end and the last 4 episodes were great.

>Very unlikable MCs
100% opinion. Even if you're not just looking for things to complain about that can't be proven wrong, plenty of people liked them. I liked their cheesy humor and the fact that they weren't all one dimensional was great.

>Stupid plot points and plot holes.
Ok, so you either didn't watch it or just want to shitpost about it. There were literally no plot holes.
>>
>>101705761
Which point?
>>
File: 1387076341644.jpg (243.53 KB, 850x910)
243.53 KB
243.53 KB JPG
>Punpun
Dear god no.
>>
>>101703656
>Berserk
Lets do this.
>>
File: 1391382659499.gif (884.67 KB, 320x320)
884.67 KB
884.67 KB GIF
>people hating on Chuu2

Fight me IRL
>>
>>101705673
A bad (comparatively) Kyoani show is still better than most shows that come out.

They may not have the most entertaining show in any particular season, but they'll never be at the bottom or even near it.
>>
Finally a good anime out of Berserk

Finally a good anime on Video Girl Ai (this could be glorious)

Finally a good anime about Dragonball

I don't know about GITS. Probably the original can't be improved
>>
>>101705761
>Logic
>your head
>>
>>101705405
Osaka's jokes are aggressively butchered in the anime by being dragged out forever to pan out time despite the anime being shown in a format of 5 minutes per episode for 5 days a week. The backgrounds are borderline nonexistent. They only bothered to make like 15 minutes worth of music for the anime. The anime original material is wildly hit or miss. All of the stories are shuffled around and Frankensteined back together for no fucking reason. It just looks and sounds like shit. I don't fucking understand how ANYONE can defend such a perfect rape.
>>
>>101705331
You're exaggerating. Azumanga's anime was pretty good. It had some issues like pacing but it was overall a faithful adaptation. Azuma doesn't want Yotsuba to be adapted because he doesn't think it would adapt well to an anime format.
>>
>>101705757
If you couldn't appreciate the art, animation, amazing OST and overall love that went into every part of Nichijou on top of the great humor then I really feel bad for you.

I loved the humor, the characters and everything about it from the OP to the ED.
>>
>yfw /a/ is full of fat faggots and its only shitposting if they dont like it

epic
>>
>>101705721
I can agree with this.
There's no way Post-Hyouka KyoAni can mess this. Unless they decided to make it "anime original content".
Which they already did to bunch of shows already.


Shit.
>>
File: BERSERKER BARRAGE.gif (2.25 MB, 400x368)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB GIF
>>101705814
I got your back
>>
>>101705785
>the fact that they weren't all one dimensional was great

I don't think you have experience many characters with depth if you think anyone in KnK wasn't one dimensional
>>
>>101705881

Osaka's VA was great, though. And the OST was nice.
>>
>>101705850
People need to calm the hell down. An average Kyoani show is usually great for the people it's aimed at. Not everything is going to be GOAT.

It's like people who say anything less than 15k sales is a flop.
>>
>>101705801

I think they can do it. they aren't unfamiliar with suffering and they DID have something like Nichijou.
>>
File: 1344487504277.png (224.56 KB, 372x513)
224.56 KB
224.56 KB PNG
>>101705812
Has Kyoani ever done a series like Berserk? I figured they mostly did like magical girl and fujoshit.
>implying I pay attention to the studios that much
>>
>>101705787
The point is, they made some great shows but a couple of shit shows managed to ruin it.

>>101705785
>1 full episode on stupid jokes.
>>
>>101705814
Curbstomping a stick insect of a neckbeard for liking shit anime would be pretty autistic of me
>>
>>101705906
I don't think you actually watched the show if you think the main characters in KnK were one dimensional.

I really hope you aren't implying that "not one dimensional" means "Deepest characters of the decade."
>>
>>101705884
I think it's safe to say if KyoAni had adapted Azumanga to begin with Azuma would have no reservations about greenlighting a Yotsuba anime
>>
>>101705814
Fuck you. First half was entertaining but second half was stupid and unnecessary. Not to mention it didn't achieve anything.
>>
>>101706007
KyoAni has no shit shows.
>>
>>101706009
I'm not them, but I'm /fit/ (real /fit/, not 3 weeks of SS /fit/) and I will gladly fight you over chuu2.
>>
>>101706041
>I really hope you aren't implying that "not one dimensional" means "Deepest characters of the decade."

Nothing of the sort, however in comparison to KnK characters, one with depth to them could indeed appear to be 'deepest character of the decade'
>>
>>101705981
Mostly SOL and cute girls. If they want to they can animate fights really well.
>>
>>101705906
I don't think you actually watched KnK if you thought the characters were one-dimensional.
>>
>>101705897
>Epic
Fuck off back to >>>/b/.
>>
>>101706109
*except for Munto.
>>
>>101706109
>this is what kyoani fanboys actually believe
>>
File: 100997.jpg (29.47 KB, 225x350)
29.47 KB
29.47 KB JPG
>>101706009
Cool story, Dark Flame Master
>>
>>101706133
But that's wrong. Each of the main 4 characters had more to them than they originally seemed, the show was only 12 episodes and within that time there were reveals about all of their personalities and most of their interactions and relationships arose from common issues they shared.

Be honest, did you actually watch the entire show?
>>
>Nausicaa

Frankly, it's over the power of my imagination.

It had cute girls doing messianic things thouhg.
>>
>>101706140
There was something about KnK's fight scenes that didn't look so good.
>>
>>101706192
The wonderful animation and charming characters in each of their shows prevent them from being shit.
>>
>>101706308
Meh.
Even Chuu2ren "fight scenes" are less amazing than S1.
>>
>>101706308
I thought the ep. 9 fight between Mirai and Akkey was pretty well done.
>>
Impossible. Kyoanus only hocks what they have the publishing rights to.
Behold vertical integration.
>>
>>101705814
>edited out ducks
That was a fun thread.
>>
>Otoyomegatari

Cute muslim girls doing cute muslim things? Here is my wallet.
>>
File: 1386794736604.gif (2.36 MB, 320x181)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB GIF
>>101706390
Last couple episodes had some really great scenes.
>>
File: explosion.gif (2.96 MB, 440x248)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>101706308
They had movement, terrain change and involvement, variety of powers used and plenty of fluid animation. I don't understand why people like to just say "They didn't FEEL right.". They weren't traditional fight scenes that consisted of 2 people just smashing into each other a few times followed by a finish move. They were actually imaginative, and the ones that were as much about plot progression as they were fighting were woven wonderfully into everything else going on.
>>
File: 5.jpg (97.63 KB, 836x1200)
97.63 KB
97.63 KB JPG
Mixed feelings.
>>
File: 1369619364842.gif (431.29 KB, 320x340)
431.29 KB
431.29 KB GIF
>>101706451
>>
>>101706424
I swear to God the shitposters don't even try anymore.
>Stop defending Kyoanus shit! It's all shit!
>Now I'm totally not going to make shit up about them or their shows
>If you say anything otherwise then you're a Kyoanus licking shitposter!
>>
>>101706570
Because it was badly directed.
Fluid animation alone don't make good battle scene.
>>
>Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

pls no
>>
>>101706424
What's AmaBri
>>
File: the world is mine.png (281.31 KB, 830x1200)
281.31 KB
281.31 KB PNG
Cute terrorists doing cute things.
>>
>>101703656
I'd erase the adaption from my mind.
>>
>>101706667

It was because the story quite frankly was pretty badly told. They had 3 different plots, didn't really focus on either... but in the end, when thing got rushed for the less interesting one.
>>
File: air fight.gif (2.95 MB, 480x270)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>101706667
>Because it was badly directed.
Again, more points people like the throw out because they don't know what to complain about.
>Sure it looked great but it was still shit!

No they were directed very well. There was dynamic camera movement on top of everything here
>They had movement, terrain change and involvement, variety of powers used and plenty of fluid animation.
People are literally using terms that they think can't be refuted as buzzwords at this point.

What possible criteria do you have to say they were poorly directed? A lack of yelling and smashing and spamming finish moves?
>>
>>101706570
Even the gif you posted is not that good. Yes, it has fluid animation like every KyoAni series has, but the choreography of the fight scene itself is lackluster.
>>
>>101706667
Explain at length how they were badly directed.
>>
File: img000035.png (956.42 KB, 2227x1600)
956.42 KB
956.42 KB PNG
Feels pretty fucking good, man.
>>
>>101705906
If you can't see the depth of the characters in KnK, you're rather stupid and dumb.
>>
How about no?
>>
File: take my hand.gif (2.71 MB, 500x281)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
>>101706788
>choreography
I really don't think you know what that word means. The shows with the best choreographed fights scenes last season were KnK, Yozakura Quartet and Gundam Build Fighters.

>>101706753
>It was because the story quite frankly was pretty badly told.
The only part that was badly told was Fujimas motivations. Mirais past was brought about just right, and Akkey's dream was the best episode. The resolution wasn't about the world changing, it was about the characters changing and it happened in a very good way.
>>
>>101706765
>Sure it looked great but it was still shit!
Are you stupid?
Good animation =! quality shows and that holds true for battle scene.
Of course it'll look good to a newfag, but comapre it to, say, Seirei no Moribito than it's clear that it's lacking.
Fuck, even Chuu2 "battle scenes" looks better than KnK.
>>
>>101706667
It was very well directed; the viewer could follow all the action even with the amount of movement on the screen.
>>
>>101706912
>The shows with the best choreographed fights scenes last season were KnK, Yozakura Quartet and Gundam Build Fighters.
Putting KnK on the same line as YQ and Build Fighters is insulting to both.
>>
>>101706912

The sister/brother couple, which was way more interesting, wasn't developed decently either.
Also, while I don't despise the hurrdurr dream part, last ep is beyong predictability.
>>
>>101706912
I can agree about Gundam Build Fighters. Not sure about Yozakura as I have not seen it yet. I just probably have high standards because it's KyoAni. I dunno. It just felt lacking.

It may be because it was hard to understand what was happening on the battle scenes of KnK at some times.
>>
Koe no Katachi.

Hm, mite b cool.
>>
File: kodomo-no-jikan2.jpg (195.21 KB, 800x1155)
195.21 KB
195.21 KB JPG
Hmm i dont know how i should feel about this.
>>
What if Kyoani adapted your favorite hentai author?

>Hyocorou

Beyond perfect.
>>
File: 1386242836344.gif (2.88 MB, 480x270)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
I thought this part was really good. They are experts at conveying emotion without dialogue
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjslx3VLSJU

This review explains really well why KnK is shit
>>
>>101706063
It would have been a lot more popular. But KyoAni tends to take some liberties with the stuff they adapt, so I think Azuma would have to decide between making dosh, or preserving his his work. 4-komas tend to lose their charm when animated, that's simply why he decided not to try again.
>>
File: first kill.gif (2.84 MB, 384x216)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB GIF
>>101706975
>Good animation =! quality shows and that holds true for battle scene.
You're right, but the battle scenes were very well put together. They had dynamic cameras movements, point of view change, all kinds of different fighting styles and even some team fights that worked well together, they made use of the terrain and the fights looked like smooth dances instead of just bashing into each other.

I don't think you know what good fight scenes are.

>>101707038
And you continue to just blindly hate without even having watched it.
>>
File: two dicks.png (11.64 KB, 154x130)
11.64 KB
11.64 KB PNG
>>101707122
>pinvise

Aww yeahhh
>>
File: pandorahearts.jpg (438.62 KB, 1076x1010)
438.62 KB
438.62 KB JPG
well maybe they are better then xebec in adapting stuff. Still Xebec is one of my favorite studios out there.
>>
File: 1360203467089.png (398.76 KB, 567x700)
398.76 KB
398.76 KB PNG
Saint Seiya in all its forms was never the same since the 90s anyway, so might as well.
>>
>>101707157
Care to summarise? Youtube is crapping out on me.
>>
>>101707040
>wasn't developed decently either.
But they introduced them both, gave them quirks, gave insight as to what those stemmed from, developed them a bit then had them both have them progress with their personalities and goals. Were you paying attention?

> last ep is beyong predictability.
Yes it was. Doesn't mean the execution outside of the very end wasn't great.

>>101707056
Yozakura is very over the top, but it's really good. Watch it but make sure it's in the right order. The best fight scene was actually only about 45 seconds long.

>It may be because it was hard to understand what was happening on the battle scenes of KnK at some times.
How? I never once lost track of what was going on and the fact that it wasn't just random smashing was part of what made it good. There was actually stuff to follow.
>>
File: 1390359406267.png (318.10 KB, 900x1350)
318.10 KB
318.10 KB PNG
>>101707086
Well, at least it will look beautiful.
Though background characters will be wasted on those X's
>>
>>101707157
>posting an anime review on /a/
This will not go well.
>>
>>101707122
>>101707208

>Sakurai Dai Energy

2edgy4them I guess.
>>
I haven't enjoyed a KyoAni show since Full Metal Panic. They had the potential for good shows at one point, but moeshit has probably destroyed it by now. So no, I wouldn't be very happy if they picked up any of the series I enjoy.
>>
>>101707323

No resolution, man. No resolution of anything. Actually, not even enough explaning about them.

Mind you, it's not like KNK is shit, but I wasn't in love with it.
>>
>>101707335
>They all look like Keions

Why
>>
>>101707335
Shaft could do it, they don't even bother with background characters. Everyone that's not a main character is usually just a silhouette with a pretty pattern.
>>
>>101707151
Yes. Anime is different than books or manga in that it's a visual medium with motion and sound. You shouldn't just use dialog and info dumps to convey a scene, you should play off the strengths the medium has. One of the things Kyoani can do with their budget is convey emotions with how a scene is put together. Hyouka was their best (look how they showed Orekis thoughts with all the visual metaphors and scene composition and sound) and while KnK wasn't as good as Hyouka, the last few episodes were right up there.

People who complain about the story telling were literally incapable of paying attention to everything that was happening. They're also the people that either thought Hyouka was boring, or thought it was only good because of the dialog.
>>
>>101707157
>Youtube anime review
By default if they didn't like it then it's AOTY
>>
>>101707434
>No resolution of anything. Actually, not even enough explaning about them.
Try watching it again and paying more attention this team. It was a character driven story and things absolutely changed with all of them.
>>
KyoAni is my favorite studio by far but I can't imagine this working.

The anime we have is great anyways. Not as good as the LN or Manga but still excellent.
>>
File: 1378265991579.png (97.47 KB, 277x315)
97.47 KB
97.47 KB PNG
>>101707448
>Shaft
Fuck no.
Anyone but Shaft.
>>
>>101707335
One of the first things that struck me about the manga was "wow this looks like some thing KyoAni would draw", for better or for worse.

It's also the only manga I've read in recent memory.
>>
File: BitterVirgin-Hinako.jpg (46.54 KB, 464x421)
46.54 KB
46.54 KB JPG
>Bitter Virgin
I don't know man, I just don't fucking know.
I mean, it just doesn't work.
Can you imagine a bitter face K-on face?

I don't think I want it.
>>101705393
Too cynical for Kyoani to make.
Good taste by the way

>>101705476
I like you. You my nigger.

>>101706850
There's already an anime/ova on it. Sort of pointless since it's not complete, which really sucks since it truly is a masterpiece.

On a side note, would Ai-rei be a good thing?
It's mostly SoL with some hint at suffering. With good direction, it could be damn powerful.
>>
>>101703730
I'd watch it, Saki with KyoAni animation would be great.

And it works out because KyoAni doesn't do panty shots which is fine because Sakis don't wear panties. It's a match made in heaven
>>
>>101707616
But everyone does head tilts in the manga anyway. As long as they don't Shaft all the buildings and surrounding areas, it could be pretty good.
>>
>Berserk
Dear god...
>Monster Musume
Might work
>Disappearance of Yuki-chan
Isn't it confirmed?
>Gundam: The Origin
HAHAHAHA They wish
>>
>>101707448
>pretty pattern
They can be covered with xes

>>101707616
>Having shit taste
>>
>>101704592
I love KyoAni but they are different now and the IPs choice is a legitimate point.
>>
>>101707717
Not anymore
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-14/amagi-brilliant-park-novels-gets-anime-by-kyoto-animation
>>
>>101707717
Why do people complain about that? It sounds like smart business strategy to me. But I'm not a business major.
>>
>>101707717
>but they are different now and the IPs choice is a legitimate point.
They literally just announced an adaptation of an IP they don't own.

You're buying into the blind hate. It's fucking stupid.

I love Kyoani. I love Shaft. I don't shitpost about any studio. I don't judge anime based on what /a/ is shitposting about and instead I watch it and discuss it with people who also actually watched it.
>>
File: Volume_6.png (683.56 KB, 478x787)
683.56 KB
683.56 KB PNG
not sure if i want
>>
>>101707758
Is this a harem?
>>
>>101707717
They wanted to promote their LN label so they adapted a few of the novels they already own to advertise it, what's so wrong with that. And they're doing Amagi Brilliant Park so that shows that they are still cool with Kadokawa.
>>
>>101707961
I think some LN readers said no
>>
>>101707961
Yes.
>>
>>101707961
It's about a guy that has to save an amusement park from bankruptcy or something like that. It's by the writer of FMP and so far it looks like it will have fights (the main girl has a rifle, and the mascots have bats, tazers, molotov cocktails, etc). A guy who read the first novel said that it was depressing as shit, like legitimately depressing from how the park was going broke.
>>
>>101708089
Yeah I was in the thread where the guy read the Chinese volume 1 and told us about it. It sounds absolutely crazy and they have their best people on it. Literally can not wait to see how it goes.
>>
>>101708140
Even though the staff does have me hyped, I am mostly excited because I know that KyoAni wouldn't take a low budget now that they are pretty much independent, and the last time they had Kadokawa fund their show, they made Hyouka, so they will most likely have an even higher budget than Hyouka and it's a fighting show, so I really can't wait.
>>
>>101708295
>That writing staff
>That screenplay
>That director
>That dark twisted story
Everything about it makes my dick hard. Were you in that thread with that one anon telling us about it?
>>
>>101708564
Yeah but I didn't really read the spoilers because, well, I didn't want to get spoiled. I only read his comments about what was happening.
>>
>>101707796
The quality of their works took a noticeable turn for the worse after Hyouka. Perhaps the quality drop just happened to coincide with the string of adaptations of IP they own.

Nothing wrong about what they're doing. I'm just disappointed that even after two years no TV anime has come even close to looking as good as Hyouka.
>>
>>101708706
Honestly outside of the backstory stuff that will get revealed early on there weren't spoilers. It was more "premise" stuff and less "where they go with it". Honestly I'm excited.

>>101708840
Hyouka was arguable the best thing they've ever done. Everything can't be at that level.
>>
>>101708840
After Hyouka, just about everything is going to lose a bit of shine in the comparison.
>>
>>101708907
>arguable
*arguably
>>
>Sakamoto desu ga?
Oh lord, I don't know what to feel.
>>
>>101708840
KnK had movie production values, actually I've seen movies that look ten times worse than KnK. Just because the designs didn't take too much advantage of the production values, the animation and post-production effects made it look really good.

>>101708907
I suppose I can look in the archive for the thread and read the spoilers, although I'm not sure I can find it.
>>
File: demon.png (304.29 KB, 723x720)
304.29 KB
304.29 KB PNG
>20th century girls

I have mixed feelings about this /a/
>>
File: 1391447532906.jpg (47.48 KB, 322x243)
47.48 KB
47.48 KB JPG
>>101708939
>>101708907
I'd take After Story and Disappearance over Hyouka but they're all really good. And I just meant purely on the visuals.
>>
>>101703656
>KyoAni
>Paranoia Street by Shintaro Kago
I think they'd commit sudoku before even trying to adapt it.
>>
>>101709009
I know nothing technical about animation but would you say Knk was more impressive visually than Hyouka? It looked quite worse to my novice eyes.
>>
File: 1373332624521.gif (703.88 KB, 200x200)
703.88 KB
703.88 KB GIF
>Black Lagoon

Revy is not moe
>>
>>101709009
>I suppose I can look in the archive for the thread and read the spoilers, although I'm not sure I can find it.
I wouldn't go crazy. It looks interesting, the plot is very original and has a beautiful dark tone and their best staff is on it. Anything else you read no will just be unnecessary spoilers.
>>
>>101709199
Hyouka had more detailed environments and those "in Orekis head" moments were amazing, but you need to remember that KnK had action scenes. They're both a little better in different areas than each other, and excel at what they do.

Go rewatch the last few episodes of KnK and look at the fights scenes. That's where the animation shines.
>>
>>101709222
Found it

http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/100266151/#100270388
>>
Pick anything from this list.
|Try telling me it wont be awesome.
>>
File: 271.gif (1.59 MB, 288x198)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
>>101704596
This fucking pleb has never read the source material of K-On and Nichijou
>>
>>101709472
Like I said, don't spoil yourself on anything. There's really nothing to gain, you're better off going in fresh.
>>
>>101709475
As long as the kept the story in tact and just played on their strengths as a studio, not being afraid to anime more "mature" stuff, then yeah it'd be fucking great.

>>101709503
Somebody screaming in a Kyoani thread about things they don't know anything about!

This is news to me.
>>
>>101703656
>Kyoani adapting Kaori Yuki's artstyle
I just can't picture it in my head at all.
I guess the good news would be the ost tho.
>>
>>101709636
Ah well I already read the spoilers, sorry. But it doesn't seem like anything that would happen after the second episode so I don't see the loss.
>>
>>101709475
Yamada should've been adapted by someone, anyone, ages ago.
>>
>>101709799
Yeah that's what I was saying that there wasn't any huge spoilers in the thread.

Still, I couldn't remember if anything bad was in there so I figured it'd be better to stay away.
>>
I find it hard to get into any manga, I think it's specially because when they're not finished I don't know when they're updated (I'm supposed to be reading Big Order but I never find out when a new chapter is out) and when they're finished they seem too long and I never feel like starting. Don't get me wrong, I would like to read more manga, it's just that it's hard for me to start, I even struggle taking the initiative to watch a new episode from currently running anime.

>>101709935
I guess all there is left to do now is wait.
>>
What would Kyoani hentai be like?
>>
>>101710032
there would be many little trinkets/hidden things, and itd be very pretty.
they would probably kiss once or twice.
>>
>>101710032
missionary, hand holding, etc.
Depends if they get a budget like they usually do, or a cut one.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (232.34 KB, 1280x2160)
232.34 KB
232.34 KB JPG
>>101710029
Just pick up manga that is done. There are plently of great ones, just check the rec charts.

And yeah, the waiting will be long.

>>101710032
Already happened.
>>
>>101710032
Flowers all over the place.
>>
File: 1390707383076.png (421.03 KB, 463x492)
421.03 KB
421.03 KB PNG
>>101710118
>they would probably kiss once or twice.
>>
>>101710209
/r/ing Yuuta's wet dream from this season
>>
>>101710249
Honestly they kicks ass with the flower metaphors.
>>
File: new beginnings.jpg (56.11 KB, 1280x720)
56.11 KB
56.11 KB JPG
>>101710625
Amazing how people still manage to miss them.
>>
Well, they'd do a better job with Hunter x Hunter than MADHOUSE with their 100 yen budget.
>>
>Aiki
They cut out most of the fighting and boobs and focus more on Kizuki's cuteness and Joukyuu's eating. I dig it.
>>
File: “S•—23_04.jpg (304.66 KB, 843x1200)
304.66 KB
304.66 KB JPG
You tell me?
>>
>Kabu no Isaki
Absolutely no.

>Dorohedoro
Very likely no.

>GTO
Fuck KyoAni can't adapt anything I like
>>
>>101703656
It already got animated by Dogakobo though.
>>
>>101712002
Aria?
>>
>>101704356
> Gundam
> Moeblob central
Pick one.
>>
>>101712002
Kanon already got animated by Toei too
>>
File: wife.png (1.38 MB, 1018x1440)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>101712267
Wife moe.
>>
>Kyoani
Those faggots aren't touching it. I'd light every employee they have on fire.
>>
>>101712676
>Hurr durr kyoani bad
Nah that's just your taste.

>Wanting to harm the studio that treats its' associates best and has the best working conditions.
>>
>Hoshi no Ssamidare
Well that could actually work, in fact I'm starting to feel bad that it will never happen. Yep it's kicking in, and it hurts.
>>
>>101712757
Kyoani is not bad. It's just incredibly overrated especially when they keep releasing mediocre works in recent years.
>>
>>101703656
Probably Aria.
I would piss myself if KyoAni remade Aria.
>1080p
>them FX
>crunk ass art style
damn niggas
>>
>>101712924
Their "mediocre" work is still well above average. Even if they make something that doesn't appeal to you, the audience it appeals to usually loves it.

They made Hyouka less than 2 years ago. As far as studios with recent "great" anime go, they're easily in the upper echelons.
>>
What if KyoAni animated K-ON?
>>
File: yui blink gif.gif (118.93 KB, 853x480)
118.93 KB
118.93 KB GIF
>KyoAni animates K-On! college arc manga

Not sure how I'd feel about it. On one hand, more K-On!! On the other hand, it would probably ruin everything.
>>
File: fucking dropped.gif (2.61 MB, 247x134)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB GIF
>Kyoani will never make another fummofu or finish FMP.
>>
>>101717612
Well, there's ABP
>>
How does one go about deciding a favorite manga

They're all basically words on pages with illustrations

Sure I like the series that I follow but not enough to call any of them favorites. So I'll just go with the manga version of my favorite show FLCL and say ...yeah why not. The manga told the story in a dramatically different way; I'd be down to see it get adapted regardless of studio. Although it would be better suited to SHAFT
>>
>>101705559

What is anime series to right?
>>
>>101705571
I'll fight you.
>>
>>101707192
>And you continue to just blindly hate without even having watched it.
Not him, but I watched it, and I agree fully.

It was boring. The plot, the fighting, the characters, everything felt empty. Like trying to decorate for a party a completely empty house, it just feels lacking.

And this is coming from someone that defended Hyouka for half a year.
>>
I need KyoAni to animate my Rewrite adaptation.

VN rather than manga, but definitely up their alley.
>>
>>101707688
>>Disappearance of Yuki-chan
>Isn't it confirmed?

Not the studio as far as i know.
And the few preview screens didn't seem to be Kyoani at first glance.
>>
File: 0002.jpg (791.41 KB, 1465x2141)
791.41 KB
791.41 KB JPG
Well, it's not that hard to adapt this anyway.
>>
>>101712002
Love Lab? Good taste if so.
>>
File: 1391783256689.jpg (39.35 KB, 500x461)
39.35 KB
39.35 KB JPG
>Cross Game
>Or Jojo Part 7
>>
it's hentai so they either won't animate it or I'm going to see some pretty fucking fluid semen
>>
>Chrono Crusade
Oh good, maybe they can remake the anime and fix the mess Gonzo made. It worked with FMP!
>>
File: 573787.png (299.28 KB, 482x610)
299.28 KB
299.28 KB PNG
epic
>>
I don't want them to turn my favourite manga into slow paced moefest with forced animation
>>
>>101727568
>Full Metal Panic
>Free!
>slow-paced
Anon...
>>
>Berserk.

I.... I don't want to see it.
>>
File: f005[1].jpg (163.57 KB, 728x1099)
163.57 KB
163.57 KB JPG
>Kuro Kishi Monogatari

Do they change the men into little girls? Would watch either way.
>>
>>101703656
>Crossbone

at this point I'll take anything.
>>
File: a bride story.jpg (393.24 KB, 829x1200)
393.24 KB
393.24 KB JPG
>Otoyomegatari
ehhh
>>
>>101727568
>forced animation
What?
>>
>>101722114
>felt empty
>feels lacking
Not that guy, but let me just jump in and say that your feels are just your own thing. From statements like this I get the feeling a lot of people just hated KnK because they wanted to hate it. A lot of trolls and "betrayed loyal fans that were backstabbed by Free!" made it quite easy to just join the mob and bash it, and it didn't help that it left a lot of stuff ambiguous in the first episodes (just remember the gazillion "She just stabbed him, what the fuck, what a shit show!" threads).
That said, I had close to zero problems with KnK, apart from some scenes in the last 2.5 episodes, which are mostly deviations from my preferred course of action, though. It was a good show. Not something magnificent, but a solid, entertaining work that was way above average compared to the other shows of that season.
>>
File: 66568.png (1.28 MB, 850x1132)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>A remake of Maoyuu with manga designs
>Adapted by Kyoani
Sounds like a good thing to me.
>>
>liking Kyoani

They're almost worse than Shaft
>>
>Sundome
plz no
>>
File: 1391818324413.gif (2.16 MB, 641x360)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
>>101727801
A common complaint with KyoAni. They "overanimate" things. Just grabbing a quick gif here: look at the angle of her arm changing, her fingers moving, the burger moving, with it her other hand's fingers on it, her back and head moves due to the necessary shoulder movement, and thus the shadow on the chair - all this where some other studios would just have a cut-out of her arm moving upwards and her head turning.
Forced animation at its best.
>>
>>101728380
Oh, also when she turns her head and her neck moves, the red ribbon (or whatever it's called) at her collar moves as well. It's just too many details. A lot of people feel overwhelmed by this and can't deal with it.
>>
>>101712242
>>101726415
Yuru Yuri.
>>
File: 1387629374729.jpg (148.01 KB, 1280x720)
148.01 KB
148.01 KB JPG
>>101728380
>>101728504
>Forced animation
>A lot of people feel overwhelmed by this and can't deal with it.

Goodness gracious me.
>>
File: SHAFT animation studio.gif (11.97 KB, 332x316)
11.97 KB
11.97 KB GIF
>>101728588
Is this a case of "dead men can't tilt" or did they just stop animating the headtilt halfway?
>>
>>101704251
He said that the manga DID confirm it, but the anime wouldn't.
>>
>>101705262
2lewd4me
>>
>>101705615
I really liked the pacing, and absolutely loved the characters. The animation was great too. Overall it could have been much better, but I enjoyed watching it. Not AOTS or anything, but a good watch.
>>
Kyoani can do anything.
>>
File: FrankenFran_v1_001.jpg (601.15 KB, 825x1200)
601.15 KB
601.15 KB JPG
I'd be hyped.
>>
>>101703656
Berserk.

Might be one of the better manga's for Kyoani.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.75 MB, 1280x1024)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>101705449
KnK was the best I have no Idea what you are talking about.

Pic related.
>>
File: Temozarela.jpg (831.39 KB, 1406x2000)
831.39 KB
831.39 KB JPG
It's actually a Manhwa, but
>Priest

It would be one hell of an experience.
>>
>Kaiji

It won't be as moe as it was.
>>
>>101703656
Cat Shit One

Cute animals doing cute things.

Also, the ops seem to be black. /ref
>>
Shit because KyoAni hasn't done anything worthwhile in years.
>>
For anyone who thinks KnK is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6cyKZZMFE0
>>
>>101728380

I agree with you but this gif isn't really a good depiction of it.

KyoAni overanimate things to make them seem 'cuter' but it just comes across as annoying and patronizing. The characters look like retards who bob around too much and the fact that their hair flies around with the slightest movement gets pretty old pretty quickly.

And yeah, their style of art is annoying too. Aside from Free, Clannad AS and Nichijou KyoAni have been suffering from sameface syndrome since Haruhi 08.
>>
>>101733624
Don't even like KnK but that video is literally the definition of "trying too hard to be funny".
>>
>Hellsing

Pretty bad, actually.
>>
>>101733764
I'm hoping for different artstyle for ABP.
>>
>>101733624
Pretty stupid video. Did a 12 year old make it? "lol xD" type humor is pretty weak.
Also, the video was done right after episode 1 or 2, people should've waited till episode 9 threw a whole new light onto her actions and motivations.
>>
File: mits look.gif (2.73 MB, 400x225)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB GIF
>>101733764
>forced animation
>sameface
Woah, you went all out. Man, and here I hoped my sarcasm would be noticeable. But I should have expected some retard to actually jump on it.
If you have problems with animation, I suggest you take up a hobby that doesn't center around it. I prefer hair movement any day over some hair that moves practically never, as if the character used a ton of mega hairspray.
So, in short, your taste in anime is shit, please kill yourself.
>>
File: 1389235134977.jpg (107.88 KB, 500x500)
107.88 KB
107.88 KB JPG
>>101733764
>>101728380
>overanimating
Are you kids serious?

On the note of samefacing, kyoani has proven more than once that they can change their style. They are knowledgeable and skilled enough to do so. They can animate anything you plebs would enjoy with ease.
>>
>>101733888
>>101733768

I'm pretty sure the point of the video is to emphasize the fact that the 'comedy' of the series is aimed at retards and that Mirai is an unforgiveable mary sue of the cheesiest, most cliche variety.
>>
>>101734105

There's a difference between 'hair movement' and too fucking much hair movement. To the point where you're over-animating to cover for the lack of substance your shows have.

Your taste in anime is shit, you low powerlevel scum.
>>
>>101734210
>Are you kids serious?
I wasn't. The guy who replied was. Or maybe he was trolling, that would at least leave some hope for /a/.
>>
>>101729979

>Franken Fran

Shieeeeet.
>>
>>101703656
Lose my shit like never before, send a bomb to their main building.
>>
>>101734236
Yeah, that's why being ironic and putting lolxDs greatly improved the video. Genius.

>mary sue
Stop using words you don't know how to use. She's cliche but that isn't what Mary Sue means, dipshit.
>>
>>101734236
>Mary Sue
>gets flamed on the internet
>is told by other characters she acts "pathetic"
>lets of a egoistical rant in ep.3 for which she has to apologize later
etc.
Dude, why not first learn what a Mary Sue is?
>>
File: Rei_USA.gif (168.80 KB, 390x290)
168.80 KB
168.80 KB GIF
>>101703656
>Aku no Hana
That would be interesting to see.
>>
>>101734340

I don't think YOU know what a Mary Sue is.

Literally everything she does is designed to be endearing or cute in some way, she has no flaws. This is typical post-2008 KyoAni.
>>
>>101734376

Other people insulting her does not make her less of a Mary Sue.

That's like saying Mio isn't a Mary Sue because she's afraid of Barnacles, when the very point of this phobia is to make her more endearing to the viewer.

You don't know the meaning of 'Mary Sue'.
>>
>>101705850
>A bad (comparatively) Kyoani show is still better than most shows that come out.
Not even close
>>
>>101705673
>KnK was one of my favorites from last season
DAT SHIT TASTEV
>>
>>101703656

But I heard that Kyoani isn't doing Disappearance of Yuki Nagato.
>>
>>101729255
>I really liked the pacing, and absolutely loved the characters.
I'll never comprehend people who defend KnK much like people who defend Coppelion
>>
>>101734481
I don't think you realize how many turds are unleashed upon us every season.
>>
>>101707478
>>101707151
I love how pretentious KyoAnifags are
>>
>>101734340
It's not being ironic. It's an educational aid to the kyoani asslicker, the objective proof for why their shows is bad. It's not funny, not ironic, it's as straight as a mathematical demonstration can be.
>>
>>101734544

Thank fuck. They ruined Nagato in Disappearance.
>>
>>101734406
>she has no flaws
see
>>101734376

>>101734442
No, having a token flaw like "don't like heights" or "blushes when caught without panty" can be part of a Mary Sue. Being whiny and egoistical is NOT part of a Mary Sue, and it wasn't intended to be "endearing", which was made pretty clear the next episode. It's a legit character flaw, as opposed to Mary Sue "flaws".
Why don't you learn a bit more about words you hear on the internet before you join discussions that clearly are way above your head?
>>
>>101707478
>hurrr what is flash over substance
holy fuck, kyoani fanboys are the worst. like valvefags on /v/
>>
>>101721858
You're not alone bro! I'm with you!
>>
>>101713028
>Their "mediocre" work is still well above average.
No it's not. Reason why people don't remember Air anymore.
>>
File: 1390862654367.gif (595.74 KB, 250x141)
595.74 KB
595.74 KB GIF
>all these shaftfags itt
>>
>>101734661
>Being whiny and egoistical is NOT part of a Mary Sue, and it wasn't intended to be "endearing"

[citation needed]

She is 100% Mary Sue. Her clumsiness, her outbursts are supposed to make her appear endearing through her flaws.

Seriously, if you can't recognize this then it's pretty obvious you haven't watched nearly enough anime. This is classic Mary Sue writing.
>>
>>101734563
KnK was a pretty good show. Sad that some people couldn't wait and watch and instead went "OMG she stabbed him, why, shit writing, lol".
The trolls had a field day with it. And now there's the legacy of people who made up their minds prematurely and instead of readjusting, they try desperately to defend their original statements ("it's shit"). Proves the immaturity around these waters.
>>
>>101734596
Yeah and KnK was that turd.
>>
>>101734710

Everyone remembers AIR, they just acknowledge that the adaption was inferior to the game.
>>
File: 1391383554280.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>101734655
How can you ruin the worst girl in the series even further?
>>
File: 1385760303190.gif (2.30 MB, 500x294)
2.30 MB
2.30 MB GIF
>Doubutsu no Kuni
>implying Kyoanus could do it any justice
>>
>>101734777
>KnK was a pretty good show.
STOPPED READING THERE
>>
File: 1315272244516.png (66.17 KB, 208x238)
66.17 KB
66.17 KB PNG
>>101734777
>KnK was a pretty good show.
>>
>>101734754
>Mary Sue
>her flaws
This guy is a whole different kind of retarded.

I want to google the words "Mary Sue" and try to find a single definition that matches yours.
>>
>>101734798
>Everyone remembers AIR
DAT DELUSION
>>
>>101734866
>I want to
meant "I want YOU to"
>>
>>101728374
i don't even see how is this possible.

Kyoani anime with piss and dick/ass jokes.
>>
Not my favorite, but KyoAni animating Shokugeki would allow me to die a happy man.
>>
>>101734777
>KnK was a pretty good show
No it's not.
And I actually like it, but don't hail it as a good show.
>>
>>101734754
How can one person be so stupid?
>a Mary Sue is an idealized character
>wish-fulfillment
>too perfect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

If you say Mirai was a perfect character to the point of wish-fulfillment, you are outright retarded. Really. Please tell me you're trolling.
>>
>>101734777
Ya know...constantly ignoring the flaws and arguments people bring up against the show and writing them off as "you just didn't get it" or "didn't pay attention" is a sign of immaturity and ignorance on top of it. You even keep reusing the same stance over and over again when people who went through the show fpund other problems with it as well.
>>
>>101734866

The thing is, Mary Sues do not need to not have flaws.

Take an average Sonic OC, take 'ecstasy' for example. Think of your average moody dA character, the fact that they are standoffish is an outright flaw, yet this flaw is designed to make them look good. They are still Mary Sues.

KnK and other KyoAni series have characters and writing on par with deviantart RPs. Think about that for a second.
>>
>>101734840
>>101734847
>greentext
dat trolling
>>
>>101734958

>Using wikipedia as a source
>>
>>101734794
It was. Kyoani is my favorite studio and I couldn't finish that garbage. But you meant to tell me of all the garbage that came out that season, at least 2 of them aren't worse than KnK? Please.
>>
>>101734986
>Mary Sues do not need to not have flaws.
Mary Sues don't have any flaws in the first place, dipshit. That's what makes them a fucking Mary Sue.

Christ, stop posting, you're only making yourself look more and more retarded.
>>
>>101735020
So we can assume you're trolling as well
>>
>>101735020

dat denial
>>
>>101735036
>But you meant to tell me of all the garbage that came out that season, at least 2 of them aren't worse than KnK?
Only Meganbu
>>
>>101734938
>KyoAni animating Shokugeki
But that would be horrible. I can't imagine them being able to capture the essence of Tosh.

>>101735038
Dude, quit replying already. He's either a troll or he's too stupid to actually comprehend your words. Either way, it's not wort the post count.
>>
>>101735038

Yes they do.

Give me a Mary Sue character and I will tell you their faults.
>>
no, no nO NO NO NO
>>
>Kongoh Bancho
I just don't know
>>
>>101735094
And blaz blue.
>>
>>101734980
There are no arguments. People criticize a lot of shit that makes literally no sense at all. Look at the retard branding Mirai as a Mary Sue in this thread. People have no idea what they are talking about. It's indistinguishable from trolling. People use words like pacing in an utterly wrong way, have no idea about the legitimacy of breather periods, plot points, transitions etc. It's like teens spouting buzzwords to justify "I didn't like it".
>>
>>101735240
>Everybody is wrong but me

Yeah...whatever bro
>>
>Kuragehime
Oh god, they have the budget to give it more than one season so they can stick to the manga's storyline. This could work in spades if they don't overcute the characters.
>>
>>101735240
>Look at the retard branding Mirai as a Mary Sue in this thread

But she is

You sound like a low powerlevel shiteater to me. The sort of person who gets all his anime 'knowledge' from /a/ and does more browsing than watching.
>>
> koe no katachi
They'd probably do a fairly good job of it, but I would hope they would try to emulate the manga artist's style and not just use the same style they've been using since K-On.
>>
>Rozen Maiden
I guess it wouldn't be half bad.
>>
>>101735432
Dude ... stop trolling already. This was a good thread, go play somewhere else.
>>
File: hello.png (98.69 KB, 647x519)
98.69 KB
98.69 KB PNG
>>
>>101735748
Who's that and why should he be animated by KyoAni? He's not even a swimmer.
>>
>>101735717

>hurr stop trolling

you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
File: 1329988456366.jpg (365.21 KB, 1600x1200)
365.21 KB
365.21 KB JPG
>>101735666
Man, this would've been great.
>>
>>101703656
>Gantz

I can only imagine...
Moe and gore working togheter
>>
>>101728057
You're gonna "feel" funny because I watched Free and liked it. Your assumptions are more full of shit than my assessment.

I guess my utmost complaint is that you see no reason or tension to the fight scenes. It was either the main characters curb-stomping shit or it was a fight between characters I may be supposed to care about but didn't. That alone makes the battle scene "feel" empty.

Aside from that the fight themselves aren't that entertaining. Good animation can take you places, but it only goes so far by itself. Though I guess I'm biased on this stance since I like mind games within my fight scenes, and these were as straightforward as my dick.

>>101734730
Are you implying that anyone who who didn't like Kyouka is a Shaftfag?
>>
>>101735031
WHY YOU DON'T POST BETTER THEN?
>>
>>101735020
>>>/v/
>>
>>101737612

Why don't you post a Mary Sue so I can show you their faults and we can end this 'Mary Sues have no faults' tripe.
>>
>>101737588
Anyone trying extra hard to hate Kyoani is obviously a shaftfag. They are the polar opposites of Kyoani fans. They can't take it easy at all.
>>
>>101737800
See >>101734459
>>
>>101737839

You posted the faults yourself.
>>
>>101737893
I'm not who you were arguing with, I just happened to see that you requested a mary sue.
>>
>>101737801
These are not political parties anon.

Also, most of the people on this thread are shitting on Kyouka, not KyoAni in general.
>>
>>101738010
The thread started off about Kyoani. Shifting focus onto their shittiest production is a tactic only a shaftfag would adapt.
>>
>>101737942

People in this thread were arguing that a Mary Sue with ANY faults whatsoever (no matter how much these faults serve to make the character more appealing/endearing/cool/etc.) is not a Mary Sue.
>>
File: 8Y2nHm4.gif (389.68 KB, 152x98)
389.68 KB
389.68 KB GIF
>Onani Master Kurosawa

It would probably be a trainwreck.

inb4 doujin
>>
>>101703656
>Pic related
Fucking finally, it would be weird though.
>>
Chuu2 > Free = Tamako > shit > Kyoukai

Worst KyoAni show.
>>
File: oku-san.jpg (140.40 KB, 610x876)
140.40 KB
140.40 KB JPG
>Oku-san

This could work. As long as they stay faithful to the artstyle and don't tone down any of the lewd.
>>
File: Banner of the Stars.jpg (512.26 KB, 1600x1200)
512.26 KB
512.26 KB JPG
>>101704074
All right, then. That just means that KyoAni adapts the fifth LN... and I'm not sure how I feel about this one.
>>
>>101738306
Hyouka>=Haruhi(series)>Clannad(series)>=Fumoffu=Nichijou>FMPTSR>Keion(series)>Chuuni=Air>Tamako>Free>Kyouka

Haven't watched Kanon. Or Muntou, for that matter.
>>
>>101737800
The definition has already been posted. Go with that instead of trying to make up your own definition that will fit your agenda. Feel free to discuss if another character fits Mary Sue - Mirai does not. Strawmanning other characters is pointless.
>>
>>101738306
Chuu2>KnK>Free!>Tamako
>>
>>101728380
That's just what happens when you raise your arm idiot
>>
File: 130258642566.jpg (44.43 KB, 451x392)
44.43 KB
44.43 KB JPG
>>101740863
>>
>>101703832
that would be amazing...
>>
>>101705814
Man with yellow shirt and green pant is you.
Come on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVeI6WXtmeI
>>
File: Chuuni7.jpg (51.39 KB, 300x386)
51.39 KB
51.39 KB JPG
>>101705011
>bad drama
Kill yourself. Both season are good but S1 is superior in every single way, except for some soundtracks.
>>
>>101741276
Man, I'd like to see that animated by KyoAni.
Reminds me of this gem, could be the sequel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLb0RUCxIbM
>>
File: 021.png (80.58 KB, 502x450)
80.58 KB
80.58 KB PNG
What if every anime was done by KyoAni?
>>
I doubt any of you have even HEARD of it
>>
>>101742188
I might have. I have read over 20 mangas and participate in discussion on mangafox.
>>
>>101742307
I seriously doubt it
>>
chong chong
>>
>>101742025
Anime as a whole and /a/ would be better
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8.62 KB, 221x228)
8.62 KB
8.62 KB JPG
>>101742188
>>
File: shitji.jpg (150.16 KB, 768x576)
150.16 KB
150.16 KB JPG
>>101742188
>>
File: Snail.png (1.15 MB, 1280x720)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>101734612
The only pretentious people are SHAFT trying to be 'artistic' and SHAFTfags swallowing their shit like pelicans.
>>
File: 1388591447597.gif (579.65 KB, 480x360)
579.65 KB
579.65 KB GIF
>>101703656
>Berserk
>>
>>101703656
Air gear has already been picked and only half butchered.
altought Oh! Great fucked the end so hard bleach seemed to have a good plot in comparison.
>>
>>101742653
See how many replies are "meh, it would be best suited for SHAFT", only shows how pretentious they are
>>
>>101706838
> kyoani
> kiss
yeah right
>>
File: Spongebob wallet.gif (624.51 KB, 300x225)
624.51 KB
624.51 KB GIF
>KyoAni doing yuri
>>
File: Akari.jpg (178.71 KB, 1083x720)
178.71 KB
178.71 KB JPG
>>101707444
No matter what you might think, KyoAni is perfectly capable of reproducing original artstyle.
Nichijou is a fine example

>>101707448
>SHAFT
If I was a mangaka I'd rather tear off my balls than give my work to SHAFT. Seeing what they did with Zetsubou-sensei still gives me nightmares.
>>
File: 1362268774198.jpg (21.15 KB, 347x316)
21.15 KB
21.15 KB JPG
What if Aria was redone by KyoAni? Do you think they would be able to pull of the coming-of-age elements well?
>>
>>101734289
I bet you only enjoy mature anime for mature people like myself e.g. Tatami Galaxy or Mononoke. Or maybe you're just a rambling SHAFTfaggot who's bothered that KyoAni actually animates things instead of shoving 3DPD pictures into their works.
>>
>>101742973
It's sort of their forte
>>
>>101742961
Fuck no. They gave me bad aftertaste with episode 4 of Chu2Ren and I'm pretty mad since I'm a huge fan of the series.
>>
Episode 6 of KnK was 10/10 masterpiece best episode of the season.
Bandwagon hate just blinds your eyes.
>>
>>101734612
>pretentious
>Discussing the merits of anime and how to properly produce it
>pretentious
I love how stupid and oblivious blind Kyoani haters are.

I love Shaft too, so don't even start this fanboy war shit.
>>
>>101703656
Very but VERY uncertain afraid and perplexed how and why the fuck?
>>
>>101728380
>They "overanimate" things.
I swear to God the blind haters are just throwing out words they don't understand now.

>Forced animation
>Poor choreography
>Poor pacing
>Boring characters

They get stupider every thread.
>>
>>101734697
>Flash over substance
>Can't pay attention to how scene composition works with dialog to tell a narrative
>Bringing up /v/
>Can't use grammar

Fuck off.
>>
>>101734980
>writing them off as "you just didn't get it" or "didn't pay attention" is a sign of immaturity and ignorance
Except they're literally complaining about things 100% explained within the show that are making it clear they either didn't watch it or didn't pay attention.

These aren't themes or meanings people misinterpret, but actual plot points that people actually miss because they aren't shoved in your face, and people complain about holes in the writing.
>>
>>101743496
Not just bait back to the status quo yuri. Actual yuri with actual romantic progression.

Then again
>romantic progression
>KyoAni
>>
File: 1388510476706.gif (238.67 KB, 250x250)
238.67 KB
238.67 KB GIF
>>101707122
>KyoAni adapting Hisasi

That would be the end of days.
>>
>>101703656

>Liking anything Kyoani
Fuck you, your shit taste, and your shit recommendation thread.
>>
>>101744794
People who complain about "forced animation" are just shitters who are jealous of GodAni's immaculate animation skills.
>>
>>101745887
Yeah the amount of buzzwords and shitposting from people who clearly don't watch or want to like anything they make is getting annoying.

>Hurr you're just defending Kyoanus and ignoring their shit hurr!

I can't understand why people hate them so much. Did Kyoani rape their mom?
>>
>>101746023

Did you not watch anime last year?
Are you a Fujoshi?
>>
>>101746091
>Did you not watch anime last year?
I watched dozens.

>Are you a Fujoshi?
Nope.


Are you still buttmad over Free and did you decide to call everything Kyoani makes shit without actually watching it?
>>
File: 1377297955549.jpg (48 KB, 630x623)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>101746250
>Buttmad
What're you 12?

I could care less about Free, But Tamako Market, and Beyond the boundary were pretty shit and were mostly enjoyed by loli loving autists.

The fact that you even cared, shows how much more you need to be spoonfed to rid of your shit taste

>>>>>/reddit/ you go
>>
I'd want to kill myself because KyoAni can't do faithful adaptions. They butchered Air, Kanon and did a decent job with Clannad and Haruhi. The rest of their adaptions can't even be called adaptions because they don't even follow the source that closely.
>>
>>101746420
>Being buttmad
>Beyond the Boundary
>Loli loving autists
>Redirecting others to reddit

I swear to God the Kyoani hatebase is actively trying their hardest to make people realize they're retarded.
>>
>>101746524
Doing an exact 1:1 adaptation is overrated. KyoAni didn't become one of the most popular studios in the industry by just blindly following the source like the rest of them.
>>
>>101746708
Don't forget that the adaptations they change the most are their own IPs, and their adaptations of material they don't own is actually pretty damn accurate.

I like how they do adaptations.
>>
File: 6064.jpg (140.62 KB, 446x508)
140.62 KB
140.62 KB JPG
>That moment when my favorite manga is Akumetsu
D-Does that mean Akumetsu will become moeshit?
>>
File: 1391204574738.jpg (7.98 KB, 225x225)
7.98 KB
7.98 KB JPG
>>101704074
>>
File: 1376464319856.jpg (41.91 KB, 377x527)
41.91 KB
41.91 KB JPG
>>101746541
>I swear to God the Kyoani hatebase is actively trying their hardest to make people realize they're retarded.

Pfft, coming from the underage retard who can't even try and make a point on why Kyoani is still supposedly great.

The Kyoani fanbase is generally people who are new to anime or just a bunch of overweight unattractive women
>>
File: 1384195151850.jpg (852.41 KB, 1697x1200)
852.41 KB
852.41 KB JPG
I hope it never happens. This manga was meant to be animated by old Gainax. Only Trigger with a budget they could never afford could pull it off today. I don't want a crappy adaptation.
>>
>>101747094
But can you make a point on why it's bad?
>>
>>101747094
>The Kyoani fanbase is generally people who are new to anime or just a bunch of overweight unattractive women
Literally 10/10 retardation.
>>
>>101747250
>This manga was meant to be animated by old Gainax
Yes.

>Only Trigger with a budget they could never afford could pull it off today.
Fuck no, not if Imaishi was allowed to direct it. If they brought in a competant director and used Triggers animators that would work.
>>
>>101747250
We can only dream. Or hope that somewhere on /a/ there is a multimillionaire anon who loves biscuit hammer enough to fund a project himself.
>>
>>101747366
How new are you?
>>
>>101747426
I kid of agree. KLK isn't bad but it could could have a much better direction. But Trigger's main problem is the lack of budget.
>>
>>101747355
Moe
>>
>>101747537
>Resorting to newfag as a defense.
Old enough to know you're among the worst kind of poster here.

>>101747551
I just don't like anything he directs. I think he has a talented team behind him and I like his writers and composers and think his animators are good, but the way he changes things and composes scenes I find awful.
>>
>>101747623
Not only is 'moe is bad' and opinion, moe itself is subjective. Try again.
>>
>>101747693
Moe is killing the industry
>>
>>101747673
I don't know how to get through to a retard that only likes watching a regurgitation of moeshit.
>>
>>101747693
Look at his post below yours. For the love of God don't respond to him anymore.

Please don't do it, he's been watching anime for a year at most and he's hell bent on shitposting.
>>
>>101747800
Now try forming an opinion of your own instead of parroting what other people say on /a/ just so you have a chance to fit in. Moe has existed since forever.
>>
>>101747693
>>101747912
>>101747894
>>101747673
All this shit taste. The good ol'
Kyoani fanbase at its best
>>
Yotsuba to be praised as the best anime ever.

Azuma demands that they produce an Azumanga sequel.
>>
>>101748121
You know I'd actually like to see Kyoani do Yotsuba.
>>
>>101748308
They would be the best choice for it
>>
File: image.jpg (72.08 KB, 379x377)
72.08 KB
72.08 KB JPG
Neat.
>>
>>101748401
>Good VAs
>Amazing animation
>Simple happy feel
That's all it needs. The characters make the story, we just need them to move and have sound.

Imagine it being a super project like Nichijou? I think I'd jizz my pants if that got announced.
>>
>>101747693
Please tell me what has progressed in any type of recent Kyoani story that isn't just filled with moe, and nothing more.
Not trying to say moe is all bad, but it seems to be the scapegoat influence for any new anime they produce now a days.

Kyoukai turned into a jumbled disaster, while
Free just pandered to the fujoshi fanbase
>>
>Uzumaki
...KyoAni+horror is a big no no
>>
File: Fuck Izumi.jpg (876.07 KB, 1920x2500)
876.07 KB
876.07 KB JPG
>>101748523
>Kyoukai turned into a jumbled disaster,
Yeah it was a total mess with no foreshadowing or development or anything like that.

Why can't everything be like KlK where the show whips it's dick out and slaps me in the face until I understand what's happening? Anything else is too hard to follow.
>>
>>101748652
How do you know? Have you seen them try?
>>
>>101739799

No it has not. Your opinion has been posted.

I'm asking you to show me a Mary Sue character. You still have not delivered.
>>
>>101747912

>moe has existed since forever

I wish low powerlevel scum wouldn't keep repeating this shit. I bet you don't even know where the term was first coined without looking it up.
>>
File: Best Asukafag.png (1.79 MB, 1786x1062)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>101748764
Not him but here you go.
>>
>>101748655

This show is so patronizingly bad. No wonder the fans are so quick to refer to critics as 'JELOUS HATERZ'. What next? Yolo and Swag? Do we call each other 'bros' and listen to dubstep?

This generation is terrible, thank fuck the younger ones show a bit more sense.
>>
>>101748850
I didn't know the world didn't exist before the word 'world' was invented, or the universe for that matter.
>>
>>101748721
Good point, but as much as I love KyoAni I really can't picture it
>>
>>101748959
KnK has a pretty Halloween-ish atmosphere, the darker parts were kind of effective, if just wasn't too shocking because of the character designs.
>>
>>101703656
It don't read anything that cater to pedophiles, so nothing I read will ever be picked up by them.

Feels good, man.

Hopefully we can end Japan's decreatsing birthrate with whites fucking their women silly. That way our kind can escape blacks and the gays in America.
>>
>>101748952

Not exactly a valid comparison there. I'm guessing you don't know the etymology of the term 'moe' and how it relates to otaku culture. Have you even read anything by Toshio Okada? Do you know what a Yappie is? I'm guessing you haven't done your homework on this subject at all much less lived through it and experienced it firsthand.
>>
>>101749038
>if just wasn't
it just wasn't*
>>
>>101703656
>Yotsubato (my favorite that doesn't already have a chineese cartoon adaption)
I really don't know what to say about this, I mean K-ON and Nichijou are 2 of my favorite moeshits ever, but I feel that they would find a way to do something awful with the source material.
>>
>>101748941
There is so much nonsense in this post I couldn't help but laugh
>>
File: youareafaggot.gif (687.27 KB, 500x281)
687.27 KB
687.27 KB GIF
>>101748941
>Can't actually refute a point
>Just relying on nonspecific buzzwords and shitposting
>"Anyone who disagrees is a moeshit eating newfag"

Holy crap.
>>
>>101748941
Thats the Kyoani Fanbase for you. Though they won't admit it, Their autism is enough to show how retarded they can be
>>
>My Lovely Ghost Kana
I'M GONNA NEED TWO HANDS FOR THIS
>>
File: 002.jpg (46.36 KB, 541x800)
46.36 KB
46.36 KB JPG
I doubt they can do it well.
>>
>>101749038

KnK was all over the place, that was the show's main problem. It was like they weren't sure they wanted to make a cutesy SoL or a dramatic modern fantasy series, and just flipped a coin to see which direction they wanted to go with from scene to scene.
>>
KnK was a fucking awful disaster. The fact that there are people who say otherwise makes me question my will to live
>>
>>101748655
>Yeah it was a total mess with no foreshadowing or development or anything like that.
Yeah you're right it was. That's what people have been saying this entire thread.
>>
>>101748941
I don't know what point you're trying to make anymore, it seems that you just want to insult the fanbase and the studio without really knowing why.
>>
>>101749140
How did the show develop? I want answers nigger
>>
>>101749322
Hes just gonna use episode 10 as an example again like all KnKfags do.
>>
File: 1356253648270.png (456.35 KB, 525x536)
456.35 KB
456.35 KB PNG
>>101749294
>>
>>101749381
And you head him off preemptively because why? You know that episode had great development?
>>
>>101749192

Nice strawman there 'bro'. Very epic win.
>>
>>101749311
>>101749294
>Shitpost about a show you didn't watch
>Complain about things that were addressed in the show
>Make it obvious you didn't watch it
>Trying to make complaints non specific enough that people can't refute you
>Resort to talking about the fanbase despite the KnK threads being some of the best threads last season that actually discussed their show after the shitposters left (I guess it helps when you're show has content worth discussing)
>Come into Kyoani threads to start screaming about how they're the worst studio ever

The Kyoani hatebase is some of the saddest shit I've seen on this board.
>>
>>101749508

KnK is shit though. KyoAni aren't bad, but they're past their prime. They stopped being relevant at K-ON.
>>
>>101749508
And the KnK fanbase is some of the most autistic plebs in denial
>>
>>101749311
>Reply to a post that literally shows foreshadowing and buildup within the show
>Deny its existence
>People are saying it's shit so it must be shit!
You're right, we'll go based on what people say rather than what the show did.

>>101749491
>strawman
>Point out that you don't actually have a point and aren't refuting anything and are just spitting out buzzwords
>Strawman
You've overplayed you're hand shitposter-kun. I'm done now.
>>
>>101749491
>using the fallacy fallacy to attack the strawman that is attacking your strawman

Fall-cepiton
>>
>>101749546
>KnK is shit though
>Great animation
>Good OST
>Fantastic OP and ED
>OP actually gets worked into the show for plot reasons and for action scenes (shit people always go nuts over)
>Characters actually aren't one dimensional
>Characters develop as people and their relationships spawn from common ground between them relating to their past
>Twist was built up properly and actually changed an opinion of a character as it happened
>Directing, screenplay and screen composition were all great, especially towards the end

Now, outside of the very end feeling like a let down compared to the rest of it and Fujima having poor characterization and motivation, I want you to tell me what was bad about the show. Don't shitpost or yell about buzzwords, but actually discuss the show in a way that makes it obvious that you watched it and paid attention. I want actual examples from the show itself to show you aren't just shitposting.
>>
>>101749601
>I don't know what foreshadowing and build up entails.

Can it be possible that KnKfags havw never read a book in their lives?
>>
>>101749580

It's useless. KyoAni fans are like Apple fanboys at this point, they can and are frequently shat on from a great height and still continue to eat it up as if it's the best thing ever.

I have nothing against the show but it looks like Free! really divided the fanbase between people who were totally done with KyoAni and people who would love absolutely everything by them no matter how shit it was.

That's why they always fall back on tired memes, sales figures and 'omg the hatebase is so desperate! fucking IRC!!' shit whenever someone chimes in with valid criticism.

KyoAni's fanbase picked up the torch where Komeiji left off and instead of running with it they burned their own threads down by shitposting whenever someone had something bad to say.

Just let them blame whatever the scapegoat of the month is, KyoAni is not good and the fanbase is cancerous, nothing to see here. Imagine if we got a glimpse of this back in 2007 /a/, the Lucky Star vs TTGL wars would have come to an abrupt stop.
>>
>>101749845
>*have
>>
>>101749322
Its a good thing your post covered topics like development and wasn't just "you damn kids with your angry rap music back in my day blahblahblah"

I cant address what isn't there
>>
File: Blazblue by KyoAni.png (739.36 KB, 1280x720)
739.36 KB
739.36 KB PNG
>Blazblue finally gets that highschool hijinks anime about Noel, Tsubaki, Makoto, Jin, and Carl that Mori's been wanting.

Fanservice galore, here I come!
>>
>>101749845
>Still making grand sweeping statements because you haven't actually watched the show

Why do you keep embarrassing yourself?
>>
File: 1265856840431.jpg (10.78 KB, 300x240)
10.78 KB
10.78 KB JPG
>>101749859
>>
>>101749322
At first Mirai seems like she's an inconsistent and clumsy character that turns into a pro fighter in the most convenient times, and it seems that Aki is just a faggot that puts up with her shit just because he likes her.
By the middle of the show you see that Akihito actually has more problems than he first seemed to, and that his like isn't as easy as it appears to be just because he's immortal. You learn that Akihito is a monster and that everybody around him is only there because they have to watch over him in case he goes Berserk. You learn that Akihito has regrets and that all he wants is to live a normal life, but he can't because at any moment he could unconsciously end the world. You also learn about Mirai's past, you learn that she feels alone and that she also has regrets, and there are hints here and there that she feels sorry for Aki because she can relate to how he feels.
At the end of the show you learn that Mirai was being manipulated by Izumi to kill Akihito, but that Mirai saw a person in him and that's why she sometimes acted against what Izumi wanted her too, making her seem like an inconsistent character because of this motivation swings. You also learn that both Aki and Mirai relate to one another so much that they feel attached enough to give their lives just so the other one can live like a normal person. They both have the means: Aki has to let himself be killed, and Mirai has to sacrifice herself to kill only the KnK, but in the end, Mirai acts first, helped by the fact that she had some information that Aki didn't have about himself, leading to Aki being the one to survive.

It may seem the story doesn't progress much because it doesn't go from point A to point B, and neither is it done by arcs It's one story told, that involves other mini stories braided in between the strands on the main plot that help the story move forward. Some help the characters move and others help the plot.
>>
>>101748941
Literally no on in this entire thread has used the words yolo, swag, dubstep, jelous haterz. Well, except YOU.

Its sad that you cant see yourself right now
>>
File: 1391719530629.jpg (142.74 KB, 667x663)
142.74 KB
142.74 KB JPG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjslx3VLSJU

Is this guy right?
>>
>>101750049
So...nothing? Just you talking out your ass
>>
>>101750049
>It may seem the story doesn't progress much because it doesn't go from point A to point B, and neither is it done by arcs It's one story told, that involves other mini stories braided in between the strands on the main plot that help the story move forward. Some help the characters move and others help the plot.
A big think people like to do is ignore that it was character driven and not world driven.

Also on top of everything you said, Hiroomi and Mitsuki actually had development themselves, it was just subtle and understated so people ignore it. But it was absolutely there and I liked how it was handled.
>>
>>101750049
>and that his like
and that his life*

>>101750148
You can ignore any arguments you want if you feel like that's going to help you.
>>
>>101750148
The white flag of surrender
>>
>>101749803

OST was pretty lame, as was the OP and the ED.

Mirai was completely one dimensional.

I can't really see why you would praise something like character development - characters are supposed to develop.

>Directing, screenplay and screen composition were all great, especially towards the end

Not really, if KnK was a movie I'd say it was full of ham-acting. The seiyuus were generic, comedy fell flat on its face (and was often painfully cringeworthy at times) and the drama just felt way too middle-schooler for my liking.

Sure maybe someone who hasn't watched much anime may like it, but for me it was a culmination of a lot of cliches crossed with a pretty standard premise in your average setting.

Sure it looked good, and with all KyoAni shows I like to give praise to the studio for having a good work ethic and paying their workers fair wages, but in general? I'd say they've lost their touch since the golden years of Haruhi, Lucky Star and Kanon. Of course I would love to enjoy a KyoAni series, but when you've watched a substantial amount of anime it gets difficult to watch what is basically a polished turd.
>>
>>101750195
Indeed, I was going to say that there are other developments that I didn't mention, but the character limit didn't let me.
>>
>>101750049
Alright, fine, Ill watch the rest from where I left off. and Ill have some sort of conclusion on whether or not the fanbase is ridiculously retarded, or the rest of /a/ are just a bunch of silly reddit hipsters when it comes to Kyoani
>>
File: wow.jpg (19.60 KB, 301x306)
19.60 KB
19.60 KB JPG
>>101750148
>inb4 people reply
>>
>>101750049
>It may seem the story doesn't progress much because it doesn't go from point A to point B, and neither is it done by arcs It's one story told, that involves other mini stories braided in between the strands on the main plot that help the story move forward. Some help the characters move and others help the plot.
You're right it just doesn't go anywhere, part of the reason is that it doesn't feel substantial at all and the characterization and development is minimal particularly in the last two episodes where they essentially rushed everything.
>>
>>101750288
>rest of /a/ are just a bunch of silly reddit hipsters when it comes to Kyoani
You really don't need to watch anything to figure that one out
>>
>>101750148
Excellent! 10/10
>>
>>101750148
I agree completely 10/10 you are all brainwashed retards
>>
>>101750288
Let me warn you about this: Most people decided to dismiss actual hints and foreshadowing because they thought "it's KyoAni, they don't have the experience in this genre to make it work" and that's why in the end people thought everything was an asspull and complained about the writing and bad dialogue. So please, do have insight and read between the lines, take the hints and read into the dialog.

In fact, I'd say it's better to start from the beginning again in case you already skipped or missed some of these hints.
>>
>>101750195
>A big think people like to do is ignore that it was character driven and not world driven.
A show with little to no characterization is character driven?
>>
>>101750367
>rest of /a/ are just a bunch of silly reddit hipsters when it comes to popular studios/shows/manga/anythingreally
fixed it for you
>>
File: DSCF1137.jpg (146.80 KB, 640x480)
146.80 KB
146.80 KB JPG
Why does /a/ love KyoAni so much?
>>
File: this is NNB bait.jpg (40.54 KB, 444x486)
40.54 KB
40.54 KB JPG
>>101750446
for the love of god don't reply
>>
>>101750473

I thought from this thread it was pretty clear they didn't. They just have a very obnoxious fanbase
>>
>>101750446
Yes that's essentially how retarded KnKfags are.
>>
>>101750064
>Doesn't use a videe of himself the whole time
>Doesn't talk like a low powerlevel faggot
>Actually talks like someone from /a/
>Actually goes into some depth discussing the show
>Acknowledges the weak ending while paying attention to the little things the animation and cinematography did for the characters personalities

Huh? I thought all anime reviewers were faggots. This is weird.
>>
>>101750446

That's what they believe.
>>
>>101750612

I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a low powerlevel faggot to think KnK is any good. Same applies for most SHAFT and KyoAni shows made in the past 5 years or so.
>>
>>101750527
From my observations the fans are the ones putting together cogent arguments while the haters respond with usual trollbait and ambiguous oneliners so it's clear the hatebase are the ones who are obnoxious.
>>
>every negative reply at least 1 min apart
You don't have to keep samefagging, thread is dead
>>
>>101750446
>>101750049
>>
Why anons are retarded to think that Kyoani adapting their favourite manga would change things or made it "moeshit"?
>>
File: 不愉快じゃない.png (196.15 KB, 853x480)
196.15 KB
196.15 KB PNG
>>101750232
>OST was pretty lame, as was the OP and the ED.
Are fucking kidding me? You didn't like the OP or ED song? How is that even possible?

>Mirai was completely one dimensional.
>Shows up appearing like a generic poorfag cute clumsy glasses girl
>Find out her past isn't all that great
>Learns that Akkey has it worse than her
>Actually grows closer to him by bonding over their similar situations
>Actually changes after learning about his deal
>Find out she was a contracted killer the whole time
>She tries to take the burden on herself instead of letting him die because of her because she changed while she got to know him
Do you know what one dimensional means?

>I can't really see why you would praise something like character development - characters are supposed to develop.
And they did whereas most shows don't, that's a good thing.

>Not really, if KnK was a movie I'd say it was full of ham-acting. The seiyuus were generic, comedy fell flat on its face (and was often painfully cringeworthy at times) and the drama just felt way too middle-schooler for my liking.
But the screenplay and composition was great? Do you ever know what those mean because you just moved on to talk about humor. The characters were all super cheesy goofballs and I found them and their quips and teasing funny and it made them feel more like people.

>but for me it was a culmination of a lot of cliches crossed with a pretty standard premise in your average setting.
Almost nothing is original, and the execution is what counts. The built up characters through dialog, facial expressions and little banter and the the big plot points were handled great. Did you even watch the last 4 episodes? Something like this was built up perfectly from the beginning.

>That whole last line
Based on everything you've said it's pretty obivous you either didn't watch the whole thing or just watched it because you wanted to be mad at it because all of the complaints you're making don't make any sense.
>>
>>101750288
>People who liked the show are saying people hating on it clearly didn't watch it as their complaints don't make sense
>Someone actually fucking says they were complaining without watching it

Fuck you. You've wasted everyone's time and you're an asshole, although it's our fault for responding to someone who obviously didn't watch it.
>>
>>101750679
It's funny because a lot of both studios best work is in recent years.

Keep on shitposting though!
>>
As long as they make more Hyouka, it's all good
>>
>>101751005
You do realize Im not the same anon who wrote the original post that got replied from the guy I replied to?
Go outside nigga
>>
>>101750064
Fuck this cancerous faggot. Stop posting his shitty videos on /a/
>>
>>101750955
One amazing thing about KnK is how the emotional state of a character are delivered to the viewer mostly without dialog using OST, facial expressions, actions, mood, etc.
>>
>>101751212
You do realize that you just confirmed the things the fans of the show were saying about the blind hatebase and that's why I posted, right?
>>
>>101750064
He's very right.
>>
>>101750612
>>101751221
You do know this guy browses /a/ from time to time, but realized how hipster the majority of people are when it comes to actual discussion
>>
>>101751255
That's one amazing thing about KyoAni as a whole, not just KnK. They're good at this whole ''show, don't tell'' thing.
>>
>>101751255
>without dialog
and without narrating it directly to the audience
>>
>>101751255
>Show is subtle and plays to the strengths of being an anime instead of just spelling out
>"This character thinks this! Now they'll do X because Y!"
It's basically this
>>101707478

Reminds me of one time I saw someone complaining about Monogatari because I shit you not "I don't like how they just show us the characters doing things and expect us to make assumptions about their personalities instead of having somebody else actually comment on what kind of person they are so we can know."

Blows my mind that people can't follow a story but still complain about it.
>>
>>101751337
Yes I know that, and I still he is ''cancerous''. Don't get me wrong, I like his reviews, but he should really fucking stop using all the memes in his videos, if he doesn't even lurk /a/.
>>
>>101751409
>Wahh they aren't spoonfeeding me every plot point so it's bad!

I think I understand why people are saying the show had poor characterization and development now. It wasn't deep or confusing by any means, Kyoani is just capable of telling a story and that lost most people.
>>
>>101751490
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just adding something I forgot in my previous post.
>>
>>101751420
It's because the majority of anime is like that, telling not showing, emotions being completely exaggerated so people can pick up on it easier.

When a studio like KyoAni does something different is a system shock to the viewers who aren't used to subtlety from their anime.
>>
>>101705559
>they used to make stuff boys like, and now they are making stuff girls like!! How can this be possible!!!

Fuck off
>>
>>101751565
>emotions being completely exaggerated
Exactly, normally they exaggerate so they're noticeable, but in KnK it's actually subtle.
>>
>>101751565
I don't get it though. One of my favorite shows airing is Samurai Flamenco. It's very over the top and in your face with everything it does because of the nature of the show. Just because I watch that doesn't mean I can't follow any other type of storytelling.

I could understand people missing some of the visual metaphors or implications in something like Hyouka as there's a ton going on at all times, but there are people who get angry about things in romcoms or harems that were literally nothing more than them being unable to pick up on a small plot point the show actually presented to you.

It makes it hard to have a real discussion because very rarely do people take the time to type out coherent thoughts about something and when you do, most of the people who read it and appreciate it just stay quite while the shitposters make a rukus.
>>
>>101751575
The point the image is trying to tell is that the ''girls'' fanservice is done really blandly. You see on the ''boys'' side there's a lot more substance, while on the ''girls'' side there's more ''in your face'' shots.
>>
>>101751844
Here we go, back to people who really only hate KnK because they want something to complain about after Free.
>>
>>101751844
It's ok for different shows to be different/
>>
>>101751971
Get the fuck out with those assumptions you gaylord.
>>
>>101752049
>assumptions
>>101751844
>You see on the ''boys'' side there's a lot more substance, while on the ''girls'' side there's more ''in your face'' shots.
Ok.
>>
File: 1334736616277.jpg (77.25 KB, 866x372)
77.25 KB
77.25 KB JPG
>NEEDLESS by Kyoani
>>
>>101752224
Right, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here but I'll just tell you that I don't hate KnK and I just commented on what I thought about the fanservice in Free!
I hope that will make you shitpost less in the future.
>>
I would fucking love to see Yotsuba done by Kyoani.
>>101748465
>Imagine it being a super project like Nichijou? I think I'd jizz my pants if that got announced.
My body is not ready for such things.
>>
>>101707387
I hope you're referring to everything bar fumoffu then
>>
>>101754145
>Taking seriously the opinion of someone who seriously criticizes them for moeshit.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.