[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 1363775195913.jpg (105.99 KB, 765x720)
105.99 KB
105.99 KB JPG
Why does /a/ promote an unhealthy culture of slut shaming?

You all need to stop right now.
>>
File: 1390685400525.png (183.87 KB, 639x496)
183.87 KB
183.87 KB PNG
>Being such a slut
>>
>Implying being a slut is a good thing.
>>
please speak in concepts that I can understand
>>
>>101395105
>>>/pol/
>>
>>101395105
>unhealthy
>slut shaming
Now, that's a new concept in this board.
>>
Promiscuity is deviancy from both genders.
>>
Go away, slut.
>>
Sluts are sluts
>>
I know this is just a troll thread, so allow me to use it to blog here for a moment.

I really can't understand the idea that slutshaming is bad. I mean, yes, if you only do it to women then it's a horrible double standard that shouldn't be allowed. But in general, what's wrong with calling people, both male and female, out on the fact that they're promiscuous, animalistic creatures?

Why the hell do people want us to accept the fact that they go around fucking whoever they please without a damn for emotion or romance? Why do they want to try to force this idea that they are "sexually liberated" on us? It's stupid.

I just woke up so none of this makes sense and I'm grumpy but yeah sage for blogshit.
>>
I dunno, I've never really felt shamed by /a/.
>>
>>101395105
Slut.
>>
It's the natural thing to do. A slut is not a worthy waifu and must be shamed to oblivion.
>>
File: 1373858694923.jpg (38.91 KB, 250x250)
38.91 KB
38.91 KB JPG
>>101395325
>>
File: 1391261049101.png (74.66 KB, 900x709)
74.66 KB
74.66 KB PNG
>>101395298
>I mean, yes, if you only do it to women then it's a horrible double standard that shouldn't be allowed.
>Thinking it's anywhere the same thing
>>
File: 1363642538365.png (50.78 KB, 315x264)
50.78 KB
50.78 KB PNG
>>101395105
>slut shaming
>unhealthy
>>
>>101395430

Why are you so tied to your biological programming, anon? Just because nature trained us to think of women as sluts and men as players doesn't mean we should continue to do so. We don't live in an age where reproductive ability is everything anymore. We left that age well over a century ago. Raising children is no longer the primary human responsibility.
>>
I'll stop slut-shaming when they stop virgin-shaming
>>
>>101395430
I feel so primitive now
>>
File: 1390485419381.png (192.26 KB, 1615x1194)
192.26 KB
192.26 KB PNG
>>101395526
>Why are you so tied to your biological programming, anon?
Because our genetics are still the most important determinant when it comes to everything. I haven't seen any attempts at going radically against them ending up in anything especially good.
See for example modern feminism and multiculturalism. The former produces vapid cunts and broken families, whilst the latter does nothing but increase crime and violence.
>>
>>101395298
Because promiscuity plays on the insecurities of fidelity people have. Jealousy, trust, and all that jazz all account to this long-held belief chastity is sacred.
Of course, with the conception of mass-produced birth-control and lack of relationship stability inherent in a distressing amount of couples, and it's just an ugly-looking thing.

Sure, it's none of anyone business to meddle in anyone else's life, but when everyone does it, what happens?
Obviously, it's exaggeration, but it explains the gist of the issue.


Personally? Along with fidelity, I believe it would be good for chastity to be conserved in both sides, since in theory, a strong relationship can be strengthened by experiencing important (baby-making) activities together. There's also the thrill of exploring sexuality and all that jazz, which is also an experience. It's all part of the experience, as a long stable relationship has to be built rather than hope for it to stand.
Of course, this is the ideal situation. No one considers their chastity important anymore; humans are horny, but we're not animals.
>>
>>101395661

>Because our genetics are still the most important determinant when it comes to everything. I haven't seen any attempts at going radically against them ending up in anything especially good.

Fucking luddite. Get back to >>>/pol/ with your traditionalist nonsense. I hate feminists as much as you do, but idiots like you who are so tied to your biological programming need to wake up and realize that humanity now has the capability to transcend our animalistic state into whatever the fuck we want to be now thanks to our technology. Stop living in the past, anon. Nature has no control over us anymore, and thank fucking god for that. Join us in the future. It's fucking great here.
>>
File: 1365033310329.png (234.47 KB, 840x708)
234.47 KB
234.47 KB PNG
>>101395298
Thinking that promiscuity is inherently bad is just like, your opinion, man.

I personally don't care. I don't applaud or condemn it.

Also sage for blogshit.
>>
This tumblr tier bait is getting boring.
>>
>>101395840

I'm not saying it's anything but my opinion. But it's an opinion I hold dear to me and I'm willing to express it, even if it pisses other people off, even if it's obnoxious to do so.

Unlike these luddites tied to their biological programming, though, I hold this opinion out of personal moral and emotional reasons, as opposed to some ridiculous, outdated ideas about how women are designed by nature to be breeding machines and men are designed by nature to want to spread their seed to as many women as possible. For me, it's more about the fact that I believe that sexual intercourse is something you should only do with the person you love, for the primary purpose of emotional closeness with them, and the only secondary purpose of physical pleasure.

If you want to get off for the sake of getting off, that's why you have your hand.
>>
File: 1390244225522.jpg (563.87 KB, 800x1115)
563.87 KB
563.87 KB JPG
>>101395783
>wake up and realize that humanity now has the capability to transcend our animalistic state into whatever the fuck we want to be now thanks to our technology.
But we don't, anon.

>Nature has no control over us anymore
Yes it does. No matter how many times you deny it, our genetics still play a massive part in who we are.

>Join us in the future. It's fucking great here.
But the future isn't here quite yet, and that's the problem. I'd like for societies to remain as homogenous and stable as possible until we reach it. Once we pass the technological singularity, it's a whole new ball game.
>>
/a/ is egalitarian. We chastise manwhores too.
>>
>>101395526
It's not just biological. The point stands that men are the ones who have to put in the most effort to sleep with someone. Women can just wait for someone to approach them.
Not that this applies to all cases.
>>
>>101395976

>But we don't, anon.

Yes we do you fucking ignorant luddite. Look at all of the technology to replace faulty parts of our biological body into something better and working. Look at all of the psychological advancement to let us know what parts of our thinking are just being determined by our hormones and our biological programming. We can recognize these things and choose to simply ignore them, now that we are aware of them. NATURE HAS NO CONTROL OVER US ANYMORE, YOU STUPID FUCKING MONKEY. GO BACK TO YOUR JUNGLE AND PLAY IN YOUR TREES EATING YOUR BANANAS IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

>Yes it does. No matter how many times you deny it, our genetics still play a massive part in who we are.

Yes, they do, but we can overcome that now. We can consciously recognize parts of us that genetics have determined and choose to deny or replace those parts.

>But the future isn't here quite yet, and that's the problem. I'd like for societies to remain as homogenous and stable as possible until we reach it. Once we pass the technological singularity, it's a whole new ball game.

The singularity IS here, you ignorant retard. It's happening as we speak. The singularity isn't just one point in time where suddenly technology magically advances thousands of years. The singularity is an ERA of rapid technological development. We are living in that era right now. The singularity is already here, you stupid pea-brained monkey. You're just too much of an ignorant luddite to realize it.
>>
>>101396118

>The point stands that men are the ones who have to put in the most effort to sleep with someone. Women can just wait for someone to approach them.

Why does this matter? I believe people should be chaste regardless of any factors such as these. Sexual intercourse should be reserved for the person you love for the sake of emotional closeness, and if you want sex for the sake of getting off, use your hand.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (32.85 KB, 500x700)
32.85 KB
32.85 KB JPG
I don't. Iike sluts. I like them more when they're sluts for other chicks, though.
>>
no OP /a/ is the sluts

they are jelly that they get all the dick
>>
>>101395783
>Nature has no control over us anymore
I'm not even that guy, but do you honestly fucking believe that shit?
>>
>>101396208
I was just pointing out that the double standard doesn't exist solely because of biology.
>>
>>101396239
Just let him be.
>>
>>101396239

>I'm not even that guy, but do you honestly fucking believe that shit?

Yes, I do, because I'm not an ignorant pea-brained luddite monkey like you. Modern science - Psychology, neuroscience, etc. - has given us the ability to recognize all of the ways that we think and act in relation to our biological programming, and, with that recognition, we can now consciously decide to act in ways counter to our biological programming, in ways that we, as humans, have decided to act instead of how nature or our genes tell us to act.

We don't have to act how nature intended anymore. We can act how we choose to, now.

>>101396313

Fuck off, luddite.

>>101396312

Fair enough. The double standard is retarded regardless, though.
>>
File: psg.jpg (209.42 KB, 600x619)
209.42 KB
209.42 KB JPG
You'd be surprise what things are loved here on /a/

naturally 3D everything is garbage
>>
File: 1390245581404.png (87.49 KB, 600x600)
87.49 KB
87.49 KB PNG
>>101396159
>Look at all of the technology to replace faulty parts of our biological body into something better and working.
I can give you working, but better? Hell no. Biological is still best.

>NATURE HAS NO CONTROL OVER US ANYMORE
>We can recognize these things and choose to simply ignore them, now that we are aware of them.
>The way you think, your intelligence, and your decisions when it comes to these things is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings

>We can consciously recognize parts of us that genetics have determined and choose to deny or replace those parts.
Ok. What I want for you to do right now is change your favourite food, nullify your sexual drive and stop liking anime.

>The singularity IS here, you ignorant retard. It's happening as we speak. The singularity isn't just one point in time where suddenly technology magically advances thousands of years. The singularity is an ERA of rapid technological development. We are living in that era right now. The singularity is already here, you stupid pea-brained monkey. You're just too much of an ignorant luddite to realize it.
Are you being facetious? The technological singularity is by definition the moment where artificial intelligence bypasses that of humans, after which we have no way of determining technological progress, because we will have AIs far more intelligent than humans.
>>
>>101396356
>has given us the ability to recognize all of the ways that we think and act in relation to our biological programming, and, with that recognition, we can now consciously decide to act in ways counter to our biological programming, in ways that we, as humans, have decided to act instead of how nature or our genes tell us to act.
>all
Uh huh
>>
>>101395298
>>101395430
>>101395526
>>101395661
>>101395715
>>101395783
>>101395840
>>101395970
>>101395976
>>101396159
>>101396208
>>101396356
>>101396370

>/pol/ vs tumblr thread

why must our board suffer so?
>>
File: 1385227781875.gif (217 KB, 192x195)
217 KB
217 KB GIF
>>101395325
>>
>>101396356
>has given us the ability to recognize all of the ways that we think and act in relation to our biological programming, and, with that recognition, we can now consciously decide to act in ways counter to our biological programming, in ways that we, as humans, have decided to act instead of how nature or our genes tell us to act.
But the way you think is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings. If you decide to counter your biological programming, that decision is based on previous biological programming.

>>101396408
Make sure to report it.
>>
>>101396356
What you're describing is pretty much the ability to transcend our humanity and become some sort of perfect meta-creatures.
This hasn't happened to anyone yet and probably never will, no matter how much you wish to think that you've reached this point

>>101396313
B-but he's wrong and spouting nonsense
>>
File: Dio1_jba[1].png (27.88 KB, 378x224)
27.88 KB
27.88 KB PNG
>>101396504
>He still hasn't transcended his humanity
>>
>>101395105
>culture
>slut shaming
go back to tumblr
>>
>>101396408
Also, isn't it a good thing that Tumblrs, Tumblrettes and varios SJWs don't get a proper foothold from where you can further spread their nonsense? I mean, when they get to it, they spam it so much that /q/ got deleted.
>>
>>101396408
At least we're not /co/. These are a daily event for them.
>>
>slut shaming
Fuck that shit, we need to bring back slut executions.
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/75900535/#75903527
>>
>>101396575
>from where they can further spread their nonsense?*
>>
>>101396590
We should end this discussion and fuck over the thread so it doesn't become a daily trend for us.
>>
>>101396590
Really?

I would love to read such threads

It's always fun to see a trainwreck
>>
>>101396408

>Implying transhumanism is tumblr

What the fuck is wrong with you? Fuck off, luddite.

>>101396370

>I can give you working, but better? Hell no. Biological is still best.

Do you know why people with artificial legs aren't allowed in running/sprinting competitions in the actual Olympics? It's not because they have a disadvantage against the other competitors, it's because they have an ADVANTAGE over the other competitors. People with artificial legs can run FASTER than normal humans.

>>The way you think, your intelligence, and your decisions when it comes to these things is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings

AND YOU CAN NOW CONSCIOUSLY RECOGNIZE AND DECIDE TO IGNORE THOSE THINGS THANKS TO MODERN SCIENCE.

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, YOU IGNORANT PEA-BRAINED MONKEY.

>Ok. What I want for you to do right now is change your favourite food, nullify your sexual drive and stop liking anime.

Hahaha oh wow. Really? I suppose I could say "I could at any time, but why would I want to?" but that's as fallacious as your demand, anyways.

>Are you being facetious? The technological singularity is by definition the moment where artificial intelligence bypasses that of humans, after which we have no way of determining technological progress, because we will have AIs far more intelligent than humans.

That's the traditional von Neumann definition, yes, but the general purpose of the singularity is to bring about rapid advancement in human technology, which is happening as we speak.

Don't fucking pretend like humanity hasn't made leaps and bounds in technology over the past decade.
>>
>>101396356
>Modern science - Psychology
You haven't really read any of this, if you think that nature no longer has any effect on people. Go read up on niche picking theory, studies of twins reared apart, etc. Or just pick up any psychology text ever.

This doesn't mean we should hold biology up as a standard to follow, but you're just plugging your ears and screaming that you don't want to listen if you think genetics isn't highly important.
>>
>>101396686
then go to /co/
>>
>>101396466

>But the way you think is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings. If you decide to counter your biological programming, that decision is based on previous biological programming.

Yes, and? That doesn't invalidate it in any way, shape, or form. It's like saying that establishing your own meaning once you realize that existence is inherently meaningless is invalid.

We can consciously choose to override aspects of our biological programming. This makes us more than just animals controlled by nature.

>>101396504

>This hasn't happened to anyone yet and probably never will, no matter how much you wish to think that you've reached this point

Just because you're still lying in a pile of your own feces like some monkey in the jungle doesn't mean that other people haven't already decided to take the next step towards the future, luddite.
>>
>>101396704
>AND YOU CAN NOW CONSCIOUSLY RECOGNIZE AND DECIDE TO IGNORE THOSE THINGS THANKS TO MODERN SCIENCE.
>WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, YOU IGNORANT PEA-BRAINED MONKEY.
But the way you think is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings. If you decide to counter your biological programming, that decision is based on previous biological programming.
You're just wrong. Plain wrong.

>Hahaha oh wow. Really? I suppose I could say "I could at any time, but why would I want to?" but that's as fallacious as your demand, anyways.
What do you mean? You just told me we can counter our biological programming, so why is it suddenly not possible for you?

> but the general purpose of the singularity is to bring about rapid advancement in human technology
What the fuck are you talking about? The technological singularity is called the SINGULARITY, because the world after it will be as undeterminable and possibly unfathomable as the world before the gravitational singularity.
>>
>>101396704
>People with artificial legs can run FASTER than normal humans
By losing a ton of features that real legs have. Just because they do one thing better doesn't mean they're better overall.
>>
>>101396704
>
Do you know why people with artificial legs aren't allowed in running/sprinting competitions in the actual Olympics? It's not because they have a disadvantage against the other competitors, it's because they have an ADVANTAGE over the other competitors. People with artificial legs can run FASTER than normal humans.
Pistorius ran in 2012, he didn't win.
>>
>>101396808
>We can consciously choose to override aspects of our biological programming
But the fact remains that even the decision of doing so is based on biological programming. You're not really consciously overriding anything, you're simply following your programming.

>Just because you're still lying in a pile of your own feces like some monkey in the jungle doesn't mean that other people haven't already decided to take the next step towards the future, luddite.
What's with you and calling people with sense luddites? Do you think it somehow validates your nonsense?
>>
>all these paragraphs
was this thread planned?
>>
>>101396768

>This doesn't mean we should hold biology up as a standard to follow

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HOLDING IT UP AS A STANDARD TO FOLLOW, YOU STUPID IGNORANT FUCKING LUDDITE MONKEY?

>>101396819

>But the way you think is determined by your genetics, upbringing and surroundings. If you decide to counter your biological programming, that decision is based on previous biological programming. You're just wrong. Plain wrong.

JESUS FUCK CAN YOU READ? >>101396808

>Yes, and? That doesn't invalidate it in any way, shape, or form. It's like saying that establishing your own meaning once you realize that existence is inherently meaningless is invalid.

FUCKING LUDDITE MONKEY.

>What do you mean? You just told me we can counter our biological programming, so why is it suddenly not possible for you?

It's entirely possible, but these are things I enjoy and I don't see the need to counter them. What you said is the same thing somebody would say in, say, an argument about a person who really, really likes to eat Oreos.

"Well if you can stop eating Oreos at any time, why don't you just stop right now?"

I hope you realize how fallacious it is to say something like that.

>What the fuck are you talking about?

Something a luddite monkey like yourself clearly doesn't understand. Discussion of the "singularity" in today's terms doesn't follow the same terms that von Neumann first discussed back in the 50s.

>>101396858

>By losing a ton of features that real legs have.

Such as? Honestly, we've reached the point where replacement limbs are just as good as the original, except perhaps for replacement hands. But fine motor skills are difficult to replicate properly.

>>101396882

>Pistorius ran in 2012, he didn't win.

And this invalidates my point how, exactly?
>>
>>101397010
>And this invalidates my point how, exactly?
He has artificial legs.
>>
>>101397010
>THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HOLDING IT UP AS A STANDARD TO FOLLOW, YOU STUPID IGNORANT FUCKING LUDDITE MONKEY?
That's the first post I've made in this thread, and I said I wasn't.

You're premium mad. Also the luddites were opposing social change brought about by the factories, not the technology itself, so shut up about them already.
>>
>>101397008
Nothing motivates people like anger
>>
>>101396934

>But the fact remains that even the decision of doing so is based on biological programming. You're not really consciously overriding anything, you're simply following your programming.

Jesus fuck did you even read what I wrote? Saying this is the same as saying that creating your own meaning for life once you realize life is inherently meaningless is an invalid thing to do. Are you a nihilist? You seem like a nihilist.

>What's with you and calling people with sense luddites? Do you think it somehow validates your nonsense?

I'm calling people who deny the superiority of humanity over nature luddites because that's exactly what you fucking are. You want us to be perpetually tied to the rules of nature and our biological programming for some entirely unconceivable reason that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Why the fuck are you monkeys so tied to your jungles?

>>101397048

Just because someone can run faster with artificial legs doesn't mean they'll necessarily win competitions. You still have to be a good runner.
>>
>>101397106

>Also the luddites were opposing social change brought about by the factories, not the technology itself, so shut up about them already.

The term has changed to mean someone who is afraid of technological progress. I'm sorry you're still stuck in the past, along with everyone else in this thread.
>>
This is what happens when you don't go full secret crub, you get invaded by normalfags, tumblr, feminists and Naruto fans. Please check my doppels
>>
>>101397172

>Implying I am either a normalfag, a tumblrfag, a feminist, or a Narutofag

Sure.
>>
>>101397114
>Just because someone can run faster with artificial legs doesn't mean they'll necessarily win competitions. You still have to be a good runner.
He broke the world record in the paralypics, I'm sure he can run fine. I also forgot to mention he didn't just lose he came last in the semifinals.
>>
>>101397010
>It's entirely possible, but these are things I enjoy and I don't see the need to counter them.
Of course you can stop that's not his fucking point. He wants you to manually override your emotions and stop enjoying it because that's what you're claiming is possible.
>>
>>101395325
That's because you are a tripfag, chances are everyone has you filtered and so you are invisible to the masses. Except for people like me who don't use 4chanx.
>>
>>101397213

The Paralympics is filled with people who don't actually train on the same level as Olympic athletes. Having artificial limbs is great, but you still need to train with them in order to use them well. People in the Olympics just trained harder.

>>101397227

>He wants you to manually override your emotions and stop enjoying it because that's what you're claiming is possible.

But why would I want to? I manually overrode my desire to fuck people of the opposite sex because I realized that they aren't worth it and relationships with them just cause pain and suffering. What reason so I have to stop liking anime, though? What detriment does it cause to me? If liking and watching anime caused any sort of serious detriment, then I could and would easily override my emotions and stop enjoying it. But it doesn't cause any detriment, so why should I?

You don't override your emotions just to prove you can. There has to be a legitimate reason.
>>
>>101397010
>JESUS FUCK CAN YOU READ?
But that does nothing to counter my point. Are you merely pretending or truly?

>It's entirely possible, but these are things I enjoy and I don't see the need to counter them. What you said is the same thing somebody would say in, say, an argument about a person who really, really likes to eat Oreos.

"Well if you can stop eating Oreos at any time, why don't you just stop right now?"
But that's not my point. You're being far more fallacious than I am. I'm saying no matter how much you try, you can't alter your biologically programmed preferences.

>Something a luddite monkey like yourself clearly doesn't understand.
I really feel like posting a "tips fedora" image here, but I'm afraid I don't have any. What's with your sense of superiority?

>Such as?
Ability to traverse through all terrains with ease, fine motorical skills, being able to feel damage, and it being able to be repaired by itself.

>>101397114
>Jesus fuck did you even read what I wrote? Saying this is the same as saying that creating your own meaning for life once you realize life is inherently meaningless is an invalid thing to do
No it's not, and stop claiming that it is.

>Are you a nihilist? You seem like a nihilist.
Nope.

>I'm calling people who deny the superiority of humanity over nature luddites because that's exactly what you fucking are
We are biological creatures, formed from our DNA, and molded into what we are through a combination of genetics, upbringing and surroundings.

>You want us to be perpetually tied to the rules of nature and our biological programming for some entirely unconceivable reason that makes absolutely no sense to me.
No, I've never claimed so. What I've been claiming is that we aren't free of nature's shackles, and we will never be absolutely free of shackles. There is always some ulterior programming that is in control. You can't change that, no matter how many times you shout "Luddites", or make strawman arguments.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.