[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: otaku.jpg (99.30 KB, 611x811)
99.30 KB
99.30 KB JPG
How does it feel that the most influential forces in anime hate your guts, /a/ and indirectly blame you for the fall of the anime industry?

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01/30/ghiblis-hayao-miyazaki-says-the-anime-industrys-problem-is-that-its-full-of-anime-fans/
>>
File: 1387446115824.jpg (1013.41 KB, 1175x1485)
1013.41 KB
1013.41 KB JPG
>Anno before he went full make money mode
>>
>be part of a successful industry
>complain it's successful
>>
>>101312886
>most influential forces in anime hate your guts
Why would Mr. Franklin hate me?
>>
File: 1297048433148.png (1004.16 KB, 965x713)
1004.16 KB
1004.16 KB PNG
How does it feel that some cartoon drawer that I've never met doesn't like me because I watch cartoons he didn't make?

Really terrible and sad.
>>
>>101313013
>everything must be money and finances always
He's talking out of a creative point of view. A point of view not really relevant when it comes to pandering to otakus and weebs with the latest moe shit.
>>
>>101312886
Oh it's this thread again. Guys, IRC is reposting this. That's why this thread has been reposted over 20 times in the past 24 hours.
Go vote in AOTS poll instead.
http://strawpoll.me/1105605
>>
This thread already happened, the true intent behind his statement is that otaku are bad animators because they don't have a lot of experience with real natural human movement so they aren't adept at portraying it properly

There are reasons behind this though and its the product of many vicious cycles
>>
It's like this thread gets less and less reading comprehension the more times it's posted.
>>
>stupid gaijin weebs think they're part of the "anime fans" demographic
>>
>>101313122
>true intent
Let's not use words like true intent when it's impossible for us to know his true intent. We only have that source to go after. And in that source, he does seem to imply otakus are a product of a soul-less anime that is more about pandering rather than creating something emotional and realistic.
>>
>expecting a 90 year old to be tolerant of any lifestyle other than his own
>>
>>101313229
>a 90 year old
>Dismissing Miyazaki like that
You just proved his point, idiot.
>>
>>101312886
>rocketnews24
Please kill yourself.
Also,
>>101313122
>>
>>101312886
he's fucking right
>>
Keep spamming this thread, OP. You're doing great.
>>
>>101313229
He's 71 and at his age is probably more mentally and physically fit than most of /a/.
>>
File: anime jewish media.jpg (1.70 MB, 2600x2902)
1.70 MB
1.70 MB JPG
>>101312886
>2014
>still blaming the fans
daily reminder
>>
> most influential forces in anime
> in the west only

Enjoy being a pleb that doesn't know anything about sakuga OP.
>>
>>101313380
This is the first thread I've made on /a/ for months. What are you talking about? Are you so sensitive of the least amount of criticism that you immiedately try to pass off any sort of criticism as non-valid?
>>
>>101312886
>How does it feel that the most influential forces in anime hate your guts,
>Influential
>>
>>101313486
You're right. If he actually was influential, maybe anime wouldn't have been in the shitter as it is now.
>>
>>101313478

And you say this while posting an image from Tumblr. Fuck off back to wherever it is you came from.
>>
>>101313754
I don't think it's in the shitter.
>>
>>101313754
He wouldn't have done any better.
>>
>>101313478
>tumblr
>>
>>101313754
Or maybe anime wouldn't exist at all now. Who knows? You certainly don't.
>>
>>101313478
>This is the first thread I've made on /a/ for months
Of course it is.
https://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/miyazaki%20otaku/type/op/
>>
>>101313478
Fuck off. You're not even trying. Fuck off and kill yourself, you worthless waste of space.
>>
>>101313754
you are right. He basically created the anime. And he also created art
>>
File: hansel.jpg (71.78 KB, 1365x700)
71.78 KB
71.78 KB JPG
>>101312886
Why should I give two shits that some Chinese guy blames me for ruining his cartoons?
>>
File: 1387375075569.gif (1.79 MB, 200x200)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>all this mad because /a/ can't accept what a laughingstock contemporary anime has become in the eyes of everyone not obsessed with the medium
Everyone's still pretending the source in OP while instead going on angry rants to this being samefag or some shit.
>>
File: Bahi jet convo.png (171.41 KB, 524x1638)
171.41 KB
171.41 KB PNG
Bahi JD will be the Miyazaki of our generation.
>>
>" Peter Jackson says the film industry´s problem is that its full of cinephiles."
>" David Jones says the videogames industry´s problem is that its full of gamers."
>" Fiódor Dostoyevski comes back from the dead and says the literature industry´s problem is that its full of readers."
>>
File: 1388063625451.png (872.92 KB, 855x1008)
872.92 KB
872.92 KB PNG
>>101314086
Wow, OP. You sure showed us with your ebin trolling skills.
>>
>>101314167
>otaku
>being the same as a reader
Difference is that an otaku is someone obsessed with a set tropes of that medium, basically being an object of pandering and a consumer that has a very predictable consumption pattern. A regular "reader" can't be likened to an otaku. So bad comparison.

Also, Peter Jackson is the new George Lucas. No one cares about his opinions.
>>
>>101314286
>implying anyone cares about some old Japanese director opinions
>implying anyone cares about the opinion of anyone related with something they enjoyed
If you liked, you won´t give a fuck what the guy behind it thinks.
>>
>>101314286
>pandering
notdisushituagain.gif
Why is it the anime industry gets accused of pandering if it makes products that people want to buy? Any other industry would be praised for doing that.
>>
>>101314286
Otaku fuel the industry, I don't see the problem.
>>
What a faggot. His movies aren't even that good.
>>
File: Miyazaki_Conquered.png (299.42 KB, 620x387)
299.42 KB
299.42 KB PNG
>>101312886
Miyazaki is butthurt because his latest films haven't done as well as expected. The funny thing is his stuff is aimed at mainstream audiences yet he insists otaku are to blame for all his woes. His argument that the industry is "creatively bankrupt" is just opinionated banter, the same sort of thing casuals prattle on about when they are upset that the anime industry doesn't manufacture and endless line of shows with western appeal in mind.
Miazaki has done amazing work but he is notorious for being a bitter old man on just about any subject. He's literally angry that the younger generation is successful in making anime outside of his formula.
>>
>>101314286
>Difference is that an otaku is someone obsessed with a set tropes of that medium

You should look up what otaku means.

Protip: It does not mean people that like what you don't like.
>>
>>101312886
I'll give a shit when Go Nagai calls me out.
>>
>>101312886
>/a/ and indirectly blame you for the fall of the anime industry
>implying that /a/ has that kind of power in Japan

Seriously though, the problem is the combination of the popularity of moe blobs with the hyper serialization that we see in a lot of shows these days - it pleases the permavirgins that keep the industry running, but it alienates the general public. Take it to the other extreme, however, and you end up with shows like Naruto and One Piece that are wildly popular but objectively shit.
>>
>>101316278
Fuck, meant that to be sexualization, not serialization.
>>
Why do I have the feeling this is some low effort bait thread?
>>
>otaku cant animate
Kyoani has the best animation right now and they are targeting the hardcore otaku market.
Check and mate.
>>
>>101316461
>they are targeting the hardcore otaku market
lolno. shit that targets the otaku market are shows like sonico and imocho
>>
>>101313069
>everything must be money and finances always

Pretty much what killed videogames,movies,music etc.
>>
>>101316461
Otaku can't animate realistic humans or write them either. His point, still true.
>>
>>101316461
He's talking about actually writing and portraying realistic characters. Does Kyoani do this?
>>
>>101316597

>lolno
>not targeting "otaku"
>free! not pandering shit

Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>101313430
/pol/ is right again!
>>
>>101314167
>implying otaku faggots actually have an interest in the medium

just like /a/ if it doesn't have a drawing of a girl it can make his waifu its shit to them how much more can stuff into one product? That's how much you are going to sell /a/ and those types of faggots
>>
File: 1388575996556.png (5.68 KB, 188x128)
5.68 KB
5.68 KB PNG
>>101313430
>crunchyroll was bought out by a jew
HAPPENING!
>>
>>101317291
The waifu phenomenon killed any chances of remotely realistic female characters in anime.
>>
>>101312886
I like other people, one think I appreciate most in my favorite shows is realism, and none of my favorite shows are animated. That is, until Japanese cartoons can match up to the drama of shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad. No anime can match up the reality of killing your best friend to advance your own position in a drug empire.
>>
File: oh_youre_serious.png (1.56 MB, 1280x1284)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>101317689
>Only overrated crime dramas and glorified murrikan war on drugs propaganda is realistic.

/tv/ pls
>>
>>101316356
Because it is.
Anyone that agree with Miyazaki either doesn't watch anime or is a casual at best. Just look at retarded comments like: >>101317523.

Even ANN doesn't tolerate this level of stupidity.
>>
>>101318742
Get back to jerking off to your waifu, fag.
>>
>>101318596
He has a point as far as anime, at least some of it, benefiting from dropping some of the asspulls it throws out a lot.
Sometimes, when the MC is faced with a tough decision, I'd like for it to not always end with "save everyone with ease".
>>
What he says is true, moeshit is ruining anime.
>>
>>101317689
>The Wire or Breaking Bad
I'll give TW a pass, but BrBa has been completely forgotten by everyone.
And thankfully, the Japanese's interest in crime stories is on a different level than "le epic professor man slits people's throats with box cutters and guns down le wacky nazis with a robotic machinegun".
>>
>>101313013
>anime
>successful
>>
He's referring to Japanese otaku. I've been in japan and they are very different from american "otaku", or the majority of people who browse /a/. Many of them go to Akihabara, where it's easy to spot them, or just stay in their house all the time and order stuff online. They are awful. They smell bad, they seriously look like retards. I can understand why Anno and Miyazaki hate such people, and why the japanese people in general hates on them. I can't even describe them properly, it's just the impression they give that speaks for itself. It's so pathetic when you see them in crowds near figure/gadget shops, in front of gashapons, screaming in a very low voice and hitting they heads when they don't get the character they want, and then they go back in the store, change paper money in coins and go back to the gasha. They are horrible, really, Akihabara is a shithole.
>>
>>101312886
Is there something wrong with not using real humans as the basis for anime?

I don't like real humans. Most people here don't either
>>
>>101312886
This thread again?

And yes, I agree with them.
>>
>>101318742
>Miyazaki
>big name in the industry
>Japanese
>makes anime and mango since many years

>some basement dweller shitbag westerner who doesn't know anything at all about how television industry works in general and can't even watch anime in the original language knows better than this man

top lel
>>
File: 1388979490662.jpg (83.99 KB, 460x664)
83.99 KB
83.99 KB JPG
Oh look it's this thread again, and now on a weekend to attract even more badposters.
>>
>>101312886

Feels awesome. Normalfag tears are delicious.
>>
>>101319151
We can't stop the torrent, but we can at least slap the fish.

What I mean here is that badposters are the fish.
>>
>>101319095
Yes, if you're making a story about human beings, then yes there's something wrong with that.

>I don't like real humans. Most people here don't either
You're living proof of what he's saying.
>>
File: 1361484094129.png (238.30 KB, 500x433)
238.30 KB
238.30 KB PNG
>>101313430
>Japanese in league with the Jews
>not filthy Coreans
>>
>>101317689

The thing is, that's not "reality". That's sensationalism.

Is the life of the characters in Breaking Bad or The Wire really representative of what it's like for most people living in America? No. But all American dramatic TV that people consider good is based on sensationalism.

Anime doesn't need to be telling stories like Breaking Bad. Anime should be telling stories that you can only tell in an animated format.
>>
>>101319449
The Wire is pretty real though. What are you talking about? There's a reason why it's the most beloved show amongst politicians.

>Anime should be telling stories that you can only tell in an animated format.
Like moe shit?
>>
>>101319065

The only difference between them and us is that we've more spread out. We smell bad and look like retards too. If you don't, you should get the fuck out.
>>
>>101319449
How many times I have to repeat that it's not about realist themes, but about realist animation? Holy shit, /a/ reading comprehension skills are worse than those of a 5 year old kid.
>>
File: leforcedmaymay.png (726.77 KB, 800x800)
726.77 KB
726.77 KB PNG
>>101313478
>tumblr
>>
>>101312922
>Reads romance novels to understand women/to make more realistic female characters
No wonder the girls in Eva were so shitty.
>>
Fans are always the problem, because they just want more of the same shit all the time instead of scary new things.
>>
>>101319488

>The Wire

The Wire is too edgy to be called real life.

>Anime should be telling stories that you can only tell in an animated format.

While I won't dignify a response to the phrase moeshit, I mean that the best anime make use of the format. Look at a show like Hyouka. The novels its based on are fairly straightforward, but it wasn't animated straightforwardly. Like when Chitanda's hair sprouts into vines and flowers, or the graphic representations of mystery solving. The vision being portrayed their could only be done through animation.
>>
>>101312886
THIS
FUCKING
INTERVIEW
IS
MISTRANSLATED
HE
BARELY
TALKS
ABOUT
OTAKU

HOLY
SHIT
Stop replying
>>
>>101319624
>The Wire is too edgy to be called real life.
Although people living in Baltimore, policemen and gangsters have gone out to praise the show for its accuracy.
>>
>>101319533

I wasn't even referencing Miyazaki's bullshit. And he doesn't know what he's talking about, if that's the case. The animators are not shut-ins, they practically live at their offices. He just doesn't understand what a the word "budget" and "deadline" mean.
>>
/a/ doesnt influence the anime industry
>>
>>101312886

He's blaming that the people who MAKE anime are otaku faggots, not that the people who watch it are.

And what's the problem old man? That people who love what they do can't do what they love? So what if a lot of the industry is self-serving, profit orientated - isn't that the hedonistic point for escapist pursuits like anime?
>>
>>101319656

I'm not saying its not accurate for what its portraying. Maybe I should say "representative" of what life is really like. The conscious experience. I'm not saying a show like that isn't "great" but it doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>101319719
Duh, not everyone is a police detective or a drug dealer. No shit.
>>
File: 1384824483722.jpg (31.65 KB, 410x410)
31.65 KB
31.65 KB JPG
Oh, look, it's you again.

1.Miyazaki is hardly influential, since his style is all the same shit as well
2.Everytime some big shot complains about how anime is catered to this or to that, isn't worth my time and hasn't discovered more shows (a.k.a normalfag)
>>
Hayao Miyazaki, the hero anime deserves.
>>
So, what number of reposts are we at now?
>>
>>101313111
>no Mikakunin
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>101319822
Everyday until you like it?
>>
File: ripoff.jpg (78.73 KB, 295x417)
78.73 KB
78.73 KB JPG
>>101312922
>favorite American animation
>Tom & Jerry
I KNEW IT
>>
>>101313111
>IRC
>moeshit bashing
choose one
>>
File: a1.png (197.21 KB, 334x392)
197.21 KB
197.21 KB PNG
>>101312886
>senile pedophile
>most influential force in anime
Oh OP.
>>
>>101319866
Check the second post. The OP is in plural.

>>101319719
No story is going to tell you the average life of average Joe. Why the fuck would it? That's not what Miyazaki is getting at.
>>
File: 1315935990018.png (14.33 KB, 526x450)
14.33 KB
14.33 KB PNG
>>101312922
>Most anime makers are basically autistic
>>
>>101319866
>pedophile

Care to explain ?
>>
Is this the local smoker butthurt thread?
>>
>>101319918
>No story is going to tell you the average life of average Joe.
Except, you know, every SoL before Lucky Star.
>>
>>101319929
Most, if not all, of his movies consist of important characters or MC with little girls.
>>
But honestly we're not part of the problem.

It's not weeaboos that he's talking about, he is talking about THE otaku. The ones that obsessively buy blue rays, figurines, all sorts of stuff. The ones that form groups to harass authors or directors who they disagree with or send death threats to seiyuus for having a outside life.
>>
Keep this at the top
Rid /a/ of the moebro scum. they are worse then bronies and furries.
>>
>>101320005
>The ones that obsessively buy blue rays, figurines, all sorts of stuff. The ones that form groups to harass authors or directors who they disagree with or send death threats to seiyuus for having a outside life.
He's talking about /v/?
>>
>>101320005
>problem

No, he didn't mention ANYTHING about Otaku. He's talking about how the anime style isn't realistic enough.
>>
File: 1327112444077.jpg (40.25 KB, 712x480)
40.25 KB
40.25 KB JPG
>>101312886

Last time I checked /a/ wasn't full of people who make anime nor people who are the major source of income for these studios.

Even then, if you actually look at the sales of top selling anime over the past few decades you would actually see that all the 'moe' and/or highschool SOL type stuff isn't what comes out top on sales charts and only very rarely do we get a Lucky Star type. As for shows like Precure, or even idol-show types, and LN based it's to be expected or at the very least understandable because they either have supporting franchises to go along with them (and pre-existing fanbases) or franchise potential (in the form of figmas, VA shows, associated games etc.)

What the guy is complaining about should be less the 'otaku now run the studios' and look at the whole damn culture of akihabara, the pessisim that the youth see in traditional or workbased Japan, the rigid conformity in their society and so on. It's but a small symptom of a wider social movement as well as the forces of capitalism, free market, and profit motives.

Of course a simple 'blame da otaku!' would very nicely fit into a naive and simplistic view of the problem whilst conserving idiotic nationalistic ideals of times long past for people like him or 'mature anime for mature people like me' weeaboo types who make the same petty arguments.
>>
>>101320010

Fuck off.
>>
>>101320054

Well, realistic not as in how they look but rather the way they act.
>>
>>101319970
No sexualization, just independent females who need no men. He's a feminist.
>>
>>101320085
Bumping to return /a/ to its former glory.
>>
>>101320054
He's talking about that people that are watching anime and putting money into the industry are the type of people who are socially inept and use anime as a form of escapism, so he can't create realistic anime because realistic anime isn't what people want.

Just because he doesn't say it, even though I'm pretty sure that he actually did talk about otakus, doesn't mean that isn't what he's implying pretty strongly. Not just putting words in his mouth.
>>
>>101312886
That closet pedophile is always bitching about otaku.
>>
File: 1355537779384.jpg (63.86 KB, 600x600)
63.86 KB
63.86 KB JPG
>>101320157
>former glory
How's pretending to be an old fag going for you?
>>
>>101312886
>http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01/30/ghiblis-hayao-miyazaki-says-the-anime-industrys-problem-is-that-its-full-of-anime-fans/
Sorry for being ignorant, but is this not a good thing? I, for one, do not want normalfaggotry to ruin anime.
One of the biggest reasons I watch anime is because the so-called 'moeshit' and I'm actually glad it caused normalfags to stay away from anime.
>>
>>101319277
animation, both anime and western, is mostly done in korea
>>
>>101312922
When did Anno stop being so honest and went full otaku? What a tragic downfall from a man who created a show that shat utterly on escapism.
>>
>>101319065
But that's EXACTLY the average person on /a/.
Except for maybe the akihabara part.
>>
>>101320159

And what's wrong with anime not being "realistic" enough? What does that even supposed to mean?

He complains, yet two of his movies climbed the charts in the box office.

>are the type of people who are socially inept and use anime as a form of escapism

So, if I somehow act social with people and act normal, anime will SOMEHOW become realistic. It makes no sense at all.

>>101320157

>former glory


Hahahaha. It's amazing /a/ is getting some praise with people pretending to be old.
>>
>>101320269
>but is this not a good thing?
Is not good if you're a /v/ermin.
>>
>>101320277
Most key animation in anime is still done locally. It's the inbetweens that are likely to be shipped abroad.
>>
>>101320284
he just realized that no matter how much he tries to shit on otaku, they hail his "fuck you"s as masterpieces
so he just decided to capitalize on it
>>
>>101320284
>When did Anno stop being so honest and went full otaku?
You mean he ever stopped being full otaku?
>>
File: gunbuster2.jpg (135.70 KB, 1024x768)
135.70 KB
135.70 KB JPG
>>101320284
>When did Anno stop being so honest and went full otaku?
What? Are Evafags THIS deluded?
>>
>>101320105
There's at least 1 bath scene in every one of his pedo films.
>>
>>101313069
And 'real' artists hate popular art
And 'real' musicians hate popular music
And 'real' directors hate popular movies

Let's just call Miyazaki what he is, a goddamn hipster.
>>
>>101312886
>Miyazaki A Shit Thread #100
Please.
>>
>>101320538
People tend to bath in real life. And as I recall it, most of those bath scenes were before pedophiles infested the anime medium.
>>
>>101320601
>this
>>
>>101320601
It's ironic that a man who complains about pedophiles makes a living off animating naked little girls.

>bath scenes were before pedophiles infested the anime medium
nope.
>>
>>101313478
please get a trip so we can filter you
>>
>However, Miyazaki is also a 73-year-old man, and like many individuals who have reached such an age, occasionally can’t resist the stubborn urge to grumble about how the people who came up after him are screwing up his industry

He's contributing to making the industry shit by churning out the same movie every years. Fuck him.
>>
>>101313430

>this conspiracy bullshit

I'm tired of /pol/ bleeding out to other boards.
>>
File: 1282477733218.gif (727.61 KB, 350x263)
727.61 KB
727.61 KB GIF
>>101313478
>>
File: not pedo.jpg (36.38 KB, 1240x827)
36.38 KB
36.38 KB JPG
>>101320601
>>
>>101319129
>Miyazaki
>Not a bitter, washed up has been

You can go back to /v/ now.
>>
>>101320757
Blob design and lack of details make it sexual? Please.
>>
>>101320793
You should take your boogieman to /x/.
>>
>>101320699
Only in Totoro there is one scene with the father is having a bath with a his little daughter. It's not my fault if your mind is warped enough you automatically think the father is having a boner for his daughter, not his.
>>
>>101320815

>trying this hard to back pedal

I hope to god someone has that gif of the police guy.
>>
>>101320857
>trying this hard to justify cherry picking.
>>
>>101320876

You were cherrypicking as well, you fucking hypocrite or did you forget "before pedophiles infested the anime medium"
>>
>>101319507
>We smell bad and look like retards too. If you don't, you should get the fuck out.

lol
look at this brony
>>
ITT:
>Casuals and shitposters that don't watch anime think their uninformed opinions matter because a bitter old fart that lost his touch in the anime industry has an uninformed opinion
>>
>>101320854
>Only in Totoro
Spirited Away.
>>
>>101316681
>Pretty much what killed videogames

Except in the video game industry we have indies that can make a fully functional game with a small team in relatively acceptable time.

If you want to make a "indie" anime series that just takes 2-3 minutes of animation you still need a big team to keep the quality up. The anime industry is different.
>>
>>101320915

Where the fuck do you people come from? Shitting up other boards isn't satisfying you enough?

Stop trying to turn everything normalfag like.
>>
>>101320844
You should have went with reddit or tumblr, no one gives a fuck about /x/.

lrn2b8
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1.46 MB, 3071x4080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
I miss my old normie-friendly anime.
>>
>>101320977
go wash yourself, brony
/a/ isn't your super secret treehouse
>>
>>101320909
>implying I'm the same person
>>
File: sekrit club argument.png (69.16 KB, 1608x421)
69.16 KB
69.16 KB PNG
>>101321024

>/a/ isn't your super secret treehouse

No, fuck off. you aren't allowed here.
>>
>>101320970
>indie games saving muh industry

Yeah no, you can keep your low-budget rip-offs of better games made by hipsters.
>>
>>101321058
>you aren't allowed here

lol
are you and your friends gonna throw me out?
>>
>>101320977
Not being a disgusting retard does not make you a normalfag. Are you that desperate to be so special and unique?
>>
>>101321058
That post is super edgy.
>>
>>101320970
Most indie games just appeal to the shallow-minded hipsters who think the same pixel shit and some pretentious walking simulator is great. Like minded counter part to AAA drones.
>>
>>101321087

Why? You can't do shit.
>>
>>101312886
We have this thrrad every hour.
>>
>>101321133
good
>>
File: 1334352492426.png (1.48 MB, 884x800)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>101321022
This.
Retards that only have seen anime on cable TV go on about how anime is dying. Miyazaki does it because his time has come and gone, and he can't accept that. He has countless stupid opinions about pretty much everything, anime related or not, he just made some really great anime a while ago. Not so much anymore.
>>
>>101321130
I can post and make you reply to me.
>>
>>101321129
>pretentious walking simulator
Are you referring to Passage?
>>
>>101321022
>More than half the picture is from ONE show

Haha, yeah that sure proves something!
>>
>>101321203

It proves that it didn't start in this generation, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1387419295330.png (476.44 KB, 574x413)
476.44 KB
476.44 KB PNG
>>101321107
>edgy
>>
>>101321203
There's 25 shows in that picture.
>>
>>101321133
1)Buttmad casuals post quotes from washed up directors like Miazaki or hacks like Yamakan

2)Casuals shitpost and say stupid shit, are quickly reminded they are idiots and the anime industry will never care about them

3)Repost thread 10x daily

4)????

5)Profit?
>>
File: a.jpg (57.69 KB, 926x696)
57.69 KB
57.69 KB JPG
Look at this moeshit killing the industry.
Look at it!
>>
>>101321264

She's a magical girl? Fucking moeshit!

Look, furry characters as well.
>>
>>101312922
Honestly the explanation to the left of the red does a better job explaining it.
>>
>>101321264
This was the beginning of the end of the industry.
Proof: look how the industry is ruined now.
>>
>>101321203
>Deny proof of being wrong every time

"Moeshit killing anime" fags are the libtards of anime fandom.
>>
File: Modernanime.jpg (132.86 KB, 666x826)
132.86 KB
132.86 KB JPG
>anime isn't realistic enough!

No fucking shit and drawing the sameface style is?
>>
File: 1349777597058.jpg (183.32 KB, 1000x734)
183.32 KB
183.32 KB JPG
Mananime is dead ;_;
>>
>>101321264
See that? Where is the reality in that? I think the designer didn't even study in real life to draw. Miyazaki is right all along.
>>
>>101321345
>Haruka in top 20
>all five inner senshi

Wow, fucking based Japan. This must have been during the Megumi Ogataa boom; I see Kurama ranked high too.
>>
>>101321333
He's not talking solely about aesthetics, you moron. He's talking about how character design and plot are a cumulative sum of the writer/artist's personal experiences, and that people who have only 'experienced' anime will only create increasingly derivative works.
>>
>>101321197
Not referring to a single game. Just any sort of "game" that hardly has any real content besides some minimalist pretentious plot that somehow elevates it beyond everything else. They aren't all bad but when idiots start to try to cash in on it it just becomes unbearable. There were half life mods with the same premise years earlier that never got any sort of press either because they were too obscure or didn't push some sort of agenda.
>>
>>101315138
This. Wasn't also Miyasaki a detractor of Tesuka's kind of animation production? Miyasaki's has allays been butthurt because of cheap anime being successful he actually thinks he's better than everyone else in the industry.
>>
>>101321322
>"Moeshit killing anime" fags are the libtards of anime fandom.

>Everything they don't like/offends them is bad or killing anime
>Self entitled, expect anime to cater to western tastes when they don't pay for it

Holy shit, you may be onto something, anon.
>>
File: 1388821945939.jpg (89.03 KB, 524x626)
89.03 KB
89.03 KB JPG
>>101321333
>Nekojiru
>>
As much as I think Miyazaki is overrated he is right here.

It's always bad when an artform becomes a circlejerk.
>>
>>101314823
>Any other industry would be praised for doing that
Hahahahaha. No.
>>
>>101321502
Or if you watched more anime you would know he is full of shit.
>>
>artform
Here come the pretentious fucks.
>>
>>101321521
American television panders just as hard. Gotta cash in on the latest fad.
>>
>>101321521
He's right, actually. When a movie or video game does something for fans, reviewers will go on about how great it is for being "a love letter to it's fans" or some other canned praise.
>>
>>101312886
Anime is exactly like video games.

And any other mass-producing industry these days.
>>
>>101321345
Nobody liked manime in the first place except muriclaps.
>>
>>101315138
Sure, the same man who goes against old japanese reactionaries and is bashed for it, sure.
>>
>>101321575

Anime isn't mass-produced. Its level of production isn't on the same level of videogames. Video games are made for a broader market, anime is produced for otaku.
>>
>>101321464
Yes. Miyazaki is notorious for being jealous of the success of others. He also makes retarded comments about politics, culture as a whole, and plenty of other subjects.
>>
>>101320750

gb2 /lgbt/ troll
>>
File: fuckushaft.jpg (184.53 KB, 1493x700)
184.53 KB
184.53 KB JPG
The industry needs more loli pantsu.
>>
>>101321549
>american
Who the fuck sane in his mind would praise that shit, idiot?
>>101321572
>reviewers praise it
You'll need someone who doesn't get paid for it and is not a fanboy to prove your point, idiot.

>every critic made by the industry is legit
Is there anyone intelligent in this thread?
>>
>>101317018

Nope, they don't.
>>
File: 1382869230047.png (409.82 KB, 608x1347)
409.82 KB
409.82 KB PNG
>>101321572
Nobody takes videogame reviewers seriously though. Normal people tend to be more critical than actual videogame critics.
>>
>>101321672
>intelligence in a troll thread
>intelligence on /a/
Take your enlightened fedora somewhere else.
>>
>>101321672
>Defending uninformed opinions with ad hominem

You've really made the case for your superior intelligence, anon.
>>
>>101320305
>Except for maybe the akihabara part.

Speak for yourself, poorfag.
>>
File: 1244109521780.jpg (61.50 KB, 460x500)
61.50 KB
61.50 KB JPG
>>101312886
>>
>>101312886
I guess old man Miyazaki is more or less complaining about the Otaku Culture (or the Anime Geek Culture). Yes, it has 'saved' the industry in terms of making it something to make a profit out of - but he pretty much says that the ones who are currently making Japanese anime are a bunch of secluded geeks who have been too much in their hobbies.
Nothing wrong with that, but it does lead to shallow usage of tropes, elements and other ideas. Basically how many of us are complaining about the excessive amount of moe garbage and shallow Shonen action.

The same goes to the Video Game Industry. The ones who are making the games atm are the ones who were gamers from the 80s and 90s. Not surprising at all, but it might be possible if not plausible that a lot of them relish in the old works they enjoyed back in their geeky days, and that they either 1) Never evolve beyond that in terms of ideas or 2) Due to their obsessiveness of the medium, their work becomes shallow and lacks some substance or other perspectives.
>>
>>101321589
He also hates the success of anyone younger than him and tries to paint an entire fanbase he doesn't like as sociopaths. He's a bitter old man with terrible views, just because he made a few good anime doesn't give him a free pass for making stupid statements.
>>
>>101312886
If he's criticising shut-in animators, then he should at least point out some examples of animation where the animators are guilty of such. It's so easy to criticise through generalisation, even the idiots in this thread are doing it!
>>
>>101321161

You go grrrl.
>>
>>101321753
Your post shows you know nothing about anime or video games.
>>
>>101321824
Oh? Care to elaborate?
>>
>>101321720
Sure it's intelligent for you to say that while you make no point at all. Are you butthurt over the fact that american tv is shit? Or just because I called you a idiot?
Not a single intelligent person would ever praise an industry which gives the viewer/reader etc. what it wants. You have a distorted image of what a critic is.
>>
>>101321778
I haven't seen any stupid statement.
>>
>>101320965
No. In Spirited Away there is not a nude Chihiro scene taking a bath. I would remember it, for sure
>>
>>101321872
Then you are trolling or retarded.
>>
>>101312922
>Anno names Asuka his favorite EVANGELION character because "she's cute".
Anno a shit. Misato best.
>>
>>101321824
Wow nice job proving him wrong with your great arguments
>>
>>101321842
Your point is everyone except you is an idiot because they don't hold critics in high regard?
>>
>>101321753
> how many of us are complaining about the excessive amount of moe garbage and shallow Shonen action
It's not a lot of fans though. Most of us are satisfied with the state of the industry.
>>
>>101321886
>>101320965
>>101320854
>>101320699
>>101320601
I remember fanservice/pants/tits in almost every Ghibli movie.
>>101321912
That is what you are doing in my eyes.
>>101321947
No, who is not intelligent enough to discern between a legit critic and a bad one is an idiot.
>>
>>101321964
Yeah, otaku are rather dumb. They aren't that different from the mainstream film audience. They are satisfied too.
>>
>>101321837
>>101321917
Anons arguments are two entertainment industries are dead because of the opinions of vocal, angry fanboys say so. Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, both industries are doing quite well and there are many satisfied fans.
>>
>>101320284
>When did Anno stop being so honest and went full otaku?
Anno used to be an otaku before Evangelion and now is the most normal of normalfags (that's why he can't make good animation anymore).
>>
>>101322007
>fanservice
>this
Please...
>>
>>101322007
>Anyone I don't agree with is stupid and a troll

Please put on a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>101322007
See >>101320538
and this >>101320699
He was talking about bath scenes, and naked little girls and thus I replied him there's only one in Totoro.
>>
>>101322022
>They are satisfied too.
Good for them to be satisfied is a rather good thing, don't you agree? At least I can I bet its way better than being butthurt like you.
>>
>>101322022
>I don't like them, they are dumb

Great argument. I'm sure you will win many battles of wits against kindergarteners.
>>
>>101322099
No, beacuse thanks to them people like Adam Sandler can make more movies.
>>
You guys think stagnation is a good thing? Even on the long run?

It doesn't look like that for Marvel or DC, and they had way bigger markets. They have to rely on movies now.
>>
>>101322134
So? You are not forced to watch them. I know I don't.
>>
>>101322134
That argument is pointless, even the filthiest NEET is several magnitudes more intelligent than murrikan Hollywood shiteaters.
>>
>>101322078
First being an idiot doesn't make you a troll, retard.
Second that's not even what I said because it was a general statement with no referencies so there were no "opinions" involved.
Learn to read.
>>101322099
A human being should never be satisfied.
>>
>>101322172
This.
Leaving the things as they are is never a good thing.
>>
>>101322186
>A human being should never be satisfied.
Is there a real reason for this? Or it just because 'muh progress' ?
>>
>>101321753
>excessive amount of moe garbage and shallow Shonen action
How many fucking times do the 80s-90s charts have to be reposted before you get it in your thick skulls? Seriously, "moe garbage" nowadays is not as prevalent as you think they are. Or do you think Robot Girls Z, Wizard Barristers and Tonari no Seki-kun from this season are "moe garbage"? It's like you idiots selectively ignore the Mushishis, Space Dandies, Eve no Jikans and Dennou Coils of anime.
>>101322172
There is no fucking stagnation going on. If you're cock-hungry for creative anime, that niche still exists.
>>101322186
>A human being should never be satisfied.
Explain Buddhism.
>>
>>101321154
>Lodoss
>Moeshit
Fuck this chart.
>>
>>101322173
it does become a problem when there are so many faggots that watch adam sandler movies and buy multiple copies of adam sandler movies and every bit of merchandise of adam sandler movies leading to almost every movie shown being adam sandler movies
>>
>>101322172
Anime isn't stagnant, you would know that if you actually watched some of it.
Also, stop comparing anime to American comics. Marvel and DC fell apart because they pumped out years of books with terrible writing that was so bad they had to retcon it out of existence for most of their big franchises.
>>
>>101322172
>You guys think stagnation is a good thing? Even on the long run?
But the anime industry is not stagnated. All the contrary I think.
>>
>>101322175
Hardly. I know, I watch both - movies and anime. Anime really isn't better than all those super heroes films.
>>
>>101312922
>Anime expo '96
>chara design from rebuild movies

That pic is so fake that I'm cringing.
I wonder how nobody even noticed it.
>>
>>101321345
>Jupiter in 10th
Nip since old time with shit taste
>>
>>101322233
>Missing the point
>>
>>101322217
>>101322232
Being satisfied brings immobilism and the end of research, you'll stop to move ahead.
That's just like the true nature of Man, nothing really important.
>>
>>101322232
oh god here we go please no anti natalism derail
>>
>>101322245
Then get another hobby fag, or make movies yourself if you are such a genius.
>>
>>101322232
what chart
>>
>>101322268
It's simple: /a/ is not the same from 2007.
99% of us are redditards or MAL or edgy teen who pretend to know everything.

Yet I still can't quit browsing it.
>>
>>101322262
Catching up on naruto on Toonami doesn't count, anon.
>>
File: 1378113510294.jpg (64.26 KB, 640x480)
64.26 KB
64.26 KB JPG
>>101322233
>Lodoss
>Not moeshit
Anon, please.
>>
>>101321154
>Mfw when I've seen all those shows
>>
>>101322252
not him but they are very stagnant to me

most everything is an adaption which is always worse than the original

I don't want to see a worse copy of a manga that is usually animated worse than moving your eyes across the page fast. It leaves like 1 or 2 things a season if that
>>
>>101322293
> muh progress
No faggot that's not the true nature of man. Think again, this time outside of the box.
>>
>>101322314
Every fucking time someone says, "there was no moe in the old days!" there will be charts expressly proving them wrong.
>>
>>101322323
I am watching everything from this season (I already dropped few shows).
Anime just feels juvenile. You know, it's like comparing Young-Adult fiction to serious novels. It's the same with films and anime.
>>
So Aku no Hana was his AOTY 2013?
>>
>>101322312
>u don't like it make some yourself

hahahaha
>>
Anime is unable to make proper drama because it has to pander to fucking manchildren
>>
>>101322400
Frozen was the best animation of 2013.
>>
>>101322384
You are full of shit, if you didn't like anime you wouldn't watch that much of it, or you are some kind of really sad tryhard.
>>
But.....
He's perfectly right
And what's wrong with it ?
>>
>>101322358
>always worse than the original
>Usagi Drop
>Seto no Hanayome
>The Tatami Galaxy
>Yuri Seijin Naoko-san
Nope, and here are four quick examples.
>>101322384
The entire fucking medium? Or are you forgetting the niche, experimental branch?
>>
>>101322440
Nah, I watched everything. I always watch at least 2-3 episodes of everything.
>>
>>101312886
I'd like to ask him how it feels to be so much of a has been, he needs to pretend to retire just to drum up publicity.
>>
>>101322364
Yes it is. If it was not then you'll be watching pictures of little girls in your cave. Not that the basement you live in is all that different, actually. This may be the proof that otaku are a degenerate form of human beings.
>>
>>101322420
>anime needs drama to be good
You sound like the manchild trying to compare his chinese cartoons to western shit.
>>
>>101321022
>>101321154
I'm getting tired of this shit from both sides

putting a picture with a few series that fits your arguments doesn't mean shit for either if your gonna use that as your "evidence" than you need to count every single anime from that time period and count which is kawaii moe stuff and what is not
>>
>>101322430
Sadly, I have to agree.
Nothing can even come close
>>
>>101322405
Well, watching movies is nor a requirement for life. You will probably feel better and less butthurt if you get another hobby.
>>
>>101322384
>I am watching everything from this season
>I fucking hate anime
never chance /a/
>>
>>101322358
>not him but they are very stagnant to me

That's your opinion. Stop watching it if you don't like it.
>>
As someone who can't stand looking at other humans, I'm perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>101322473
James is that you? You're a massive faggot. No one cares that you watch a bunch of anime.
>>
>>101322420
>proper drama
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>101321916
>>101320284
>>101321307
>>101319926
>>101319856
>>101319614
>all these fags believing that's a true pic and not some tumblr invention

Jesus christ you can't even check your facts straight.
>>
>>101322459
Most anime. Even niche, experimental stuff is just weird sci-fi, fantasy.
But yeah, I'm talking mainly about TV anime. I like my artistic shorts.
>>
File: tryhards.jpg (132.60 KB, 1019x720)
132.60 KB
132.60 KB JPG
>>101322473
All that work and you still don't fit in. Sad.
>>
>>101322478
Not him but the message should be "anime needs drama too to be good". Yes, that's right.
>>
>>101322480
3dcg animations are better than that god awful shit. Its like disney isn't even trying anymore.
>>
>>101322322
Being from around that time, your sentiment is neither novel nor original. Today it's Reddit, yesterday it was Gaia, yet the idea of "People outside 4chan are worse than those on it" is a constant. Elitists tend to think undesirable things in what they're part of aren't a result of their involvement. /a/ is shit when its users are shit, because it's users are shit, independent of any outside factors.
>>
>>101322420
>likes dramashit
Go be an old mexican woman somewhere else.
>>
File: oh_youre_serious.jpg (309.95 KB, 1920x1080)
309.95 KB
309.95 KB JPG
>>101322479
>I hate it when people have actual evidence that proves I'm a fucking idiot with worthless opinions
>>
>>101322553
You still honestly believe outside influence doesn't ruin 4chan? Look at /co/. Once a respactable board, now it's identical to tumblr.
>>
>>101322476
>you'll be watching pictures of little girls in your cave
Doesn't sound bad at all. I still have to read a good argument until now has all been 'muh progress!'.
>>
>>101322536
Variety is good. Although idiots new to the genre should not come in expecting similar shit they see on tv. Completely different mind set and approach. That ends up meaning not the type of thing a lot of westerners like.
>>
>>101322533
I want to laugh. Can I have my animated comedies, or do I have to graduate to the masters of stand-up?
>TV anime
Like Dennou Coil, and Kaiba, and Mononoke, and Kino's Journey, and Casshern Sins? I would sooner compare TV anime to western television than film.
>>
>ITT: people implying the anime industry isn't full of waifushit, shounenshit and fujishit
Just because there are a few worthwhile shows doesn't make that wrong.
>>
>>101322553
You can't even compare gaia to this shit.
The internet bubble bursted few years ago and there are millions of more people than before, with all of them knowing fucknothing.

Also take your garbage thinking out, it's worthless here.

I can't even fucking sage anymore because of you fags, SAGE
>>
File: gr8b8m8.jpg (67.54 KB, 1280x720)
67.54 KB
67.54 KB JPG
>>101322642
>>
>>101322642
And who exactly should the audience be instead?
>>
Will there ever be a Sopranos or The Wire for anime?
>>
>>101322619
Dennou Coil, Kaiba, Casshern Sins - sci-fi
Mononoke, Kino's Journey - fantasy

There are very few shows grounded in reality.

>I want to laugh. Can I have my animated comedies
Sure, but it's pretty boring when 70% of anime per season are not serious adventures of teenagers, don't you think?
>>
>>101322459

your probably right being honest I shouldn't have said what I said in the way I said it

what I should have said is I don't like adaptions

I don't even watch anime I just prefer manga I don't bother checking season to season because I cannot stand how shit anime is don't get mad by that it's just the still images with cardboard cut out mouths the 3 frames of animation an episode the adaptions will never look as good as manga that has been drawn good and I don't really like kawaii girl stuff either it kills most anime for me.

>>101322495
That's exactly what I did years ago

it doesn't change what I said though most everything is an adaption there is little originality

but it is opinion I worded my post retarded I apologize
>>
>>101322716
Hopefully no.
>>
>>101322268
You must be blind as a bat.
>>
Friendly reminder that this thread is spam and should be reported. Also none of this has anything to do with /a/ since we have little to no effect on or influenve over the anime industry

I mean just imagine: while we're having this thread, somewhere on some anonymous chinese forum people are having an argument over how the Hollywood movie industry sucks because they pirate movies. That's how ridiculous you sound right now.
>>
I wish we could organize a fight club so that I'll get the chance to beat the shit out of you faggots and then drink a beer togheter.
Damn, these threads.
>>
>>101322725
>don't you think?
No.
>>
>>101322716
After the Citizen Kane of anime comes out.
>>
>>101322734
Pleb
>>
>>101322725
If you want something grounded in reality, why do you gravitate towards animation? It's a medium that was always meant to be detached from reality.
>>
>>101322773
>Citizen Kane
jeSUS CHRIST STOP TALKING LIKE THAT I AM CRYING
>>
>>101322762
>and then drink a beer togheter
Yeah right, "drink a beer".
>>
>>101322762
It's all fun and games until some nerd shows up with a hidden shiv in his pen pocket.
>>
>>101322598
I don't "believe" anything. I've seen the rise and fall of several sites alleged to be detrimental to 4chan's quality, and there's no indication that their existence influenced 4chan. Rather, the reverse is true, with people mimicking on other sites what they first saw on 4chan.

/co/ is the way it's always been, just different patterns of wallpaper on the structure. Much like /a/.

>>101322656
>I can't even fucking sage anymore
I'll bet you don't even know what noko does, and how it relates to why you "can't even fucking sage".
>>
>>101312886

Good
>>
>>101322788
>>/tv/
>>
>>101322817
>durr I know noko therefore I've been there since 1945

Also
>noko
>after 4chanX, appchan and even moot implementing autoredirecting
>2014
>>
>>101322797
They can work very well as anime.
>>
>>101322716
No, because generic crime dramas are garbage.
>>>/tv/
>>
>>101322725
Here, reality.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=otona+joshi
I'd like to see some kind of animated Crime and Punishment, but that's probably not going to happen, and I'm okay with that. Who the fuck would watch something like that, and more importantly, who the fuck would pay for it?
>>
>>101322797
Hahahahahaha.
Even the japs think russian animation is superior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Petrov_%28animator%29
>>
File: Mein neger.png (1.01 MB, 641x697)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Miyazaki has a point, and he doesn't at the same time. It's true that in order to animate properly, you need to look at real life examples. Anime often has overexaggerations to add appeal to the audience. I know because I'm taking an animation course at the moment. If you know how the real life action works, you can properly exaggerate it without making it look ridiculous, so that's what he means by people who don't spend time outside can't animate.

However, he's also wrong in another sense. Otaku are the ones funding the industry and keeping it alive. They're a constant and persistent fanbase who keep anime popular. Without them, anime would have absolutely no funding, no fans, no aspiring new artists and animators, and just flop dead. It's a good thing otaku are around. They keep the industry alive and offer new people to come into it and drop in new ideas.
>>
>>101322812
I'm sorry, I'm hetero.
>>
>>101322892
> Implying Russian animation is not seen as a joke
Even French animation is better than that crap.
>>
>>101322880
Since you know how noko worked, use that to infer how all of my posts have been saged.
>>
>>101322919
And then everyone blames the otaku. But why are the otaku otaku? Is it a consequence, rather than a cause? If so, then what is the cause?
>>
>>101322594
>green text reaction image


I'll break it down really easily for you in case you are not rusing and are just that dumb


there are 10 numbers which are assigned values

1, 4, and 7 have values you like

you make a pic saying 1, 4 and 7 prove most everything from 1-10 is like 1, 4, and 7

except all you have shown is the values for those numbers it does not imply in anyway the value of the remaining numbers do you understand?

I'll try a different way if you don't like numbers

in that pic that has a collage of series the only thing that pic proves is that there is however many number of series on that pic exists that could be all of the "moeshit" anime that exists between the 80-90s

you would have to go through all the anime that was made in the 80-90s
and list what was "moeshit" and what wasn't for that argument to hold any basis

don't care even if this was a ruse I know there are people out there who actually believe what your saying
>>
>>101312886
>How does it feel that the most influential forces in anime hate your guts, /a/ and indirectly blame you for the fall of the anime industry?

Yes, the majority of /a/ consists of Japanese otaku animators.
Fuck, if you want to make this thread yet again at least don't be so retarded in the OP.
>>
ITT: same thread we have every month since forever, with new people saying their own "new and original" view about it.

Why do I even bother browsing this board anymore.
>>
>>101322268
Here is your source dipshit.
>>
>>101322919
>It's true that in order to animate properly, you need to look at real life examples
No, you don't. It's not necessary there are many forms of art that are not of the representative school.
>>
>>101322735
?
>>
>>101322951
You kidding, right?
What a pleb.
>>101322797
>It's a medium that was always meant to be detached from reality
That's your opinion.
>>
>>101323039
you want to know how I know you can't draw?
>>
File: 1245441604208.png (255.79 KB, 936x936)
255.79 KB
255.79 KB PNG
>>101322690
The same audience, but it would be nice if there were a few more that focused on storytelling instead of kawaii uguu and homolust.
>>
>>101323010
Nice source you have there.
>>
>>101322797
So if it deviates from escapist fantasies for neets it's not anime anymore?

There's no medium that is inherently attached to a point of view
>>
>>101323010
http://web.archive.org/web/20020606012703/http://masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html
>>
>>101322486
just making sure you know I'm not talking about movies?
>>
>fall of the anime industry

>anime doing better than ever, making more money than ever, 50 shows airing this season

If by "fall of the anime industry" you mean less Disney wannabes like Miyazaki and "manly" garbage aimed at underage autists that's more than great.
>>
Just a reminder that if you don't buy BDs, you have no right to complain about state of the industry.
>>
>>101323073
When was the last time you bought such anime? Oh wait
>>
>>101322642

Majority of everything is shit. Books, movies, anything.

Look at the trash Hollywood shits these days.
>>
For everyone that's tired of anime and it's faggot defenders who won't admit anything is wrong

there is thing called manga you should look at you will find what you are looking for
>>
>>101322983
Don't worry, just hide this troll thread, like I do.
>>
Makes me feel like he's an old grumpy asshole who hates people.
Reminder he wants to rid Japan of humans.
Reminder he does nothing to promote new talent.
Reminder he gets the credit for what other people make.
Reminder he actually thinks women are ruining anime.
Reminder he hasn't made anything worthwhile in years.
>>
>>101323073
If there are 40 shows a season, how many "storytelling" anime do you want?
>>
>>101323048
>What a pleb.
No you.
>>
>>101323106
Quantity isn't quality, but I do I agree that nothing is dying in the forseeable future.
>>
>>101323136
this is true has always been true to anything humans create most of it will be shit

I guess what makes people butthurt specifically about anime is how much potential the medium has and how easily the major flaws could be fixed to greatly decrease the amount of shit put out
>>
>>101323147
Welcome to the internet, where most if not all people are like that.
>>
>>101323122

Just a reminder there is nothing to complain about.
>>
>>101323122
I bought an Akaza Akari nendo. Can I complain now?
>>
>>101323135
But I do buy muh 10/10 shows. Which there aren't a lot of.

>>101323148
10, so at least 4 or 5 might be good.
>>
>>101323148
40 shows doesn't imply in any way that even 1 is a "storytelling" anime
>>
He's just assblasted he didn't sell for shit last season.
>>
>>101320750
>
>>
>>101323211
I did not imply that.
>>
>>101323066
>you want to know how I know you can't draw?
Representative school of art philosophy is very old anon (like ancient Greece old) and completely old fashioned.
Hardly anyone takes it seriously.
>>
>>101323152

People claiming that anime is dying are completely fucking retarded.

There is more and more anime every year.

80's seasons had 5-6 shows. In 90's it was 10-15. In 00's 20-30.

Now we have 40+ series every single season. There are more movies too.

Industry is thriving. Sales records are broken every few years too.
>>
>>101323254
I misread I apologize
>>
>>101323147
He's a fucking, once i I saw him at a grocery store inTokyo. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Pocky packs in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each pack and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly. This is 100% true
>>
>>101323260
You do not know much about drawing

Name 5 people alive that are good artists that did not learn by studying from life
>>
>>101323265
How many anime movies were there back then? Like 10 times more?
>>
>>101323321
bravo
>>
>>101323365
>if you know about drawing you should know names of people

That is fucking 100% retarded
>>
>>101323321
I didn't know that copy pasta was cross board
>>
>>101323265
I believe that they would rather say that creativity is dying. But that's something I can't talk about with certainty, I rarely watch anything now days.

I guess that they'd want something like madoka, but not with little girls. I know I'd want something like that too.
>>
>>101323365
> good artists
You should define this term because good in art is mostly a matter of opinion.
>>
>>101323372

Nope. There were less. Much less.

They were only making more low budget OVA's.

That were gore and semi porn almost all the time.
>>
>>101323394
>>101323434
can I ask a favor of whoever the guy I was talking to? Make a thread on /ic/ and tell them exactly what you told me I'm interested to see what happens
>>
>>101323405
>creativity is dying.
No anon, you are just passing the teenage years, and you are just old enough so you can see things repeating.
Everything has been like this since forever, in every field ever.

Welcome to the world, kiddo.
>>
>>101323472
could you imagine what it must have been like to be born back in a time where every story wasn't just a retelling of another story?
>>
File: 386166.jpg (296.82 KB, 529x1744)
296.82 KB
296.82 KB JPG
>>101323265

There were more movies and high budget OVAs being made in the period you're talking about, though.

Mid and late 80's was the age of the OVAs. I think they made up almost half of all the animu being released.
>>
>>101323471
If you want to know who are you talking to, then you are on the wrong site retard.

This isn't how 4chan works, lrn2FAQ
>>
>>101323405
But Madoka was outstanding
>>
>>101323405
>I guess that they'd want something like madoka, but not with little girls

Why? What's the point?

If you want manly men bullshit go watch western crap.

Anime was always swarming with cute girls. Japan was called a country of Kawaii for Christ's sake.
>>
>>101323471
> Make a thread on /ic/
Nigga please...
>>
>>101323472
I did not say that for myself, read the post again.
>>
>>101323501
You mean back in Greece? Man, those were fun times.
>>
File: 1390606718232.png (322.26 KB, 546x700)
322.26 KB
322.26 KB PNG
>>101313430
>>
>>101323502

You mean low budget OVAs. With the production quality of today's hentai.

And no, they were not making more movies.
>>
>>101323553
>>101323501
1/10
Put more effort on it
>>
File: 1388192995743.jpg (89.58 KB, 611x548)
89.58 KB
89.58 KB JPG
Why is a man who works on films criticizing TV anime, a thing which he has not been apart of for almost 30 years? If it were someone like Masaaki Yuasa saying this, it would hold a hell of a lot more weight.
>>
>>101323472
Funny, I watch more films than anime and I don't feel it there. Yet anime seem to be incredibly derivative.
>>
>>101323507
>Why? What's the point?

Aer you saying that the point of madoka was little girls? Because it certainly wasn't.

>If you want manly men
I do not, stop creating a false dichotomy

>Anime was always swarming with cute girls
Cute girls should go to cute shows. I watch those too, I just don't want them everywhere.
>>
>>101323394
>>101323434
Not the person you're responding to but you're missing the point. Art is based off the artist's perception of reality. No matter who it is or what kind of work they do, they pull from their experiences. Anime in particular NEEDS some base level of realism in it otherwise you end up overly stylized pieces of shit like every cartoon show in the west.
>>
>>101323579
So you're saying people shouldn't be allow to criticize anime unless they're in the industry?
>>
>>101320277
As if anyone would ask Corea for their over priced inbetweens.
Vietnam is a lot cheaper.
>>
>>101323609
That's only because fils have a greater range and there are more of them.
You'll get there eventually.
>>
>>101323615

Are you saying it would've been better with men? Why?

>Cute girls should go to cute shows.

That's just retarded. Cute and sexy action heroines are a part of anime since fucking forever.
>>
>>101323626
Honestly I don't think Miyazaki has much of a clue about what goes on in the modern industry. He lives in his own bubble and is blind to anything anyone else does.
He doesn't try anything new either. While others do.
>>
>>101323448
I was speaking of the 60s-70s.
>>
>>101323690
He's an icon of anime. He earned the right to say what he wants, regardless if you agree with it or not
>>
>>101323616
>Art is based off the artist's perception of reality
This is probably true, but 'reality' is a loosely defined term if it wasn't expressionism would never come into being. Also one can argue that anime itself is part of reality as well, therefore perception of anime could be enough inspiration for an artist.
Also there is types of art too abstract to be representative in nature. Like music for example.
>>
>>101323579
>If it were someone like Masaaki Yuasa saying this, it would hold a hell of a lot more weight.
Yuasa has expressed frustration in the past because in order to get funding for an anime, you need to pander to the lowest common denominator (aka otaku).

It's a minor miracle that every few years he manages to get funding for what he does.
>>
File: 1336465041446.jpg (1.21 MB, 1250x2205)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>101323502

Nope.

We have 10 movies and 22 OVA this SEASON. Not year, season.

And 50 TV series.
>>
>>101323689
You know what. I'm whining too much for no reason. Just forget about me.
>>
>>101323616
>you end up overly stylized pieces of shit like every cartoon show in the west
But the problem of cartoon shows in the west is not that they have the wrong kind of inspiration. The problem is they never got out of the "cartoon is for children" mindframe.
>>
>realism
Where is my anime about Prohibition Era gang wars? No one cares about realism. Just tell interesting stories based on real extraordinary events. You know, like films.
>>
>>101323525
Tell me the truth now

You can't draw
>>
>>101323837
Its funny how you criticize their mind frame, yet most people who criticize the cuteness in anime are told to fuck off.
>>
>>101323777

Look at all these not cute girls. Truly, KyoAni killed anime with moe.
>>
>>101323870
Yes, becuase greatest works of fiction in the world always have something extraordinary happen, just like in Brothers karamazov or the crime and the punishment.
>>
>>101323870
What the fuck? You don't want to see an anime about Prohibition Era gang wars, because they'd butcher it. That's like asking the west to make a cartoon on the Honnouji incident.
>>
>>101323870
Because realism is not what you described, right?
Realism is not about reality.
>>
>>101323877
But I can. Check mate faggot.
>>
>>101323870

Anime was always about escapism. It was always doing fantasy, Sci-Fi, magical girls and giant robots instead of real deal crap.

You want real stories? Go watch real movies.

Anime is about super sexy girls and magical powers. Always was, always will be.
>>
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ruggarell
>>
>>101323961
I liked Baccano and it was kinda about this.
>>
>>101324019
>Less than 500
>>
He means the problem in this industry is that there are people who would gobble up every trash anime out today because it's cute girls doing cute things without any regard to story or sense. The fact that this niche group has cornered the market has created a situation where a studio could keep printing out trash while still earn a shitload of money.

Imagination and creativity comes from experience, from diversifying your interests, rom actually going outside and seeing the world. That's what both Anno and Miyazaki meant. Being a shut-in is a bad thing for this industry.
>>
>>101323888
> you criticize their mind frame
I don't. I just think that's the problem with the western animation industry, the cause of it's death in many places and the cause of Japanese animation worldwide success.
But they are totally entitled to their mainframe.
>>
File: 1390652207134.jpg (202.28 KB, 1626x913)
202.28 KB
202.28 KB JPG
>>101324057
I played more video games than watched anime that's why.
>>
>>101323946

The greatest work of fiction is The Master and Margarita. You know, the one with the Devil, Soviet special agents with wrist flamethrowers and witches flying around on brooms.
>>
>it's made by humans that can't stand looking at other humans
he says that like it's unbelievable; is he blind?
>>
These old guys can fuck off. Tomino helped build the industry too, but no one takes his ass seriously. Miyazaki practically invented the moe heroine character trope. I don't want to see any hand wringing by him or Anno on the subject. However one feels about the current state of the industry, they need to own it.
>>
>>101324062
Anno has legitimate criticism and actually does not live in a bubble. He himself is a huge otaku (how the fuck could the creator of a mecha series be anything but?) but isn't shy of recognising the flaws.
Miyazaki is an old fart who hates people.
>>
>>101324062

Because the mecha trash and super gory semi-porn OVAs of the past were so amazing and creative right?

You retards act like if every old anime was GitS or Bebop. Shows like that happened maybe once a year, rest was shit even worse than modern LN adaptations.
>>
>>101324107
And this is probably the biggest problem of anime. It seems like anime fans are mostly interested in shallow entertainment - video games, porn, anime, etc.
This is the reason why Akiba is such a shithole nowadays.
>>
Feels pretty good as even though I hang out here I don't act like a piece of shit or hate 3d. Hell I think he hit the nail pretty much directly on the head.
>>
>>101324209
What's so bad about Video games,porn,and anime? They're exciting.
>>
>>101324087
>cause of Japanese animation worldwide success.

What worldwide success? Of Shingeki and every other pleb show that comes around once in a while? The only reason that anybody mentions these in the west because you don't even have to say that western cartoons are being watched here, it goes without a saying, while its always a bit strange that a chinese cartoon gets so famous that it spawns even subaru commercials.

And no, the western animation isn't dying either, stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>101324209
>shallow entertainment
I'm sure you on the other hand partake in deep, meaningful and mature activities like go to museums and discuss art in Starbucks while sipping a 30 dollar coffee.
>>
>>101324209
>fans are mostly interested in shallow entertainment
So? there is something wrong with that?
>>
>>101324264
>And no, the western animation isn't dying either, stop deluding yourself.
3DCG a shit
a big shit
>>
ITT normals who are fine with the state of tv, movies and video games tell us what's wrong with anime
>>
>>101324202
>Because the mecha trash and super gory semi-porn OVAs of the past were so amazing and creative right?
That's actually better than today's standards, and Miyazaki's films are a treasure trove of imagination. They have a point, and I agree with them.

You could argue that otaku are the reason the industry is alive, yet are so creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>101323626
I'm saying that he's critiquing an industry which he has been completely out of the loop of since 1985. Since he seldom (if ever) actively indulges into the going-ons, he doesn't really understand WHY the industry is the way it is today, despite it not being even much different from how it was in the 80s, a decade that pretty much defined what anime was: An advertising vehicle for the actual source material aforementioned anime is based off of which then opens the gateway to peddling misc. merchandise. The core of the industry has hardly changed, but instead there are more animation companies, which results in more anime being released, but still, very few of the shows released are original works. Most are just manga/LN/VN adaptions or game advertisements.

Meanwhile, Miyazaki is just bitching from the sidelines despite having the money, reputation, fame, and influence to easily make something to challenge the state of the industry, but he doesn't do jackshit because he doesn't give a rats ass about TV. He could now easily make a proper Nausicaä adaption instead of settling for a movie that was made when the manga itself was less than half finished, or make an original series. With so many box office hits, he can afford to lose a little money to possibly make a point. At least Satoshi Kon and Masaaki Yuasa had the balls to TRY.
>>
>>101324264
>the western animation isn't dying either
Because it's already dead.
>>
>>101324299
3dcgi isn't inherently shit, much like little girls in anime aren't either. That's just your opinion.

Also, its not like anime is above using 3d either.
>>
>>101324238
>>101324285
If even doujinshi authors are uncreative as shit then you know that something is wrong with your whole fanbase.
>>
He needs to watch Seikon no Qwaser
>>
>>101324323
>That's actually better than today's standards
No, no, no. You are going, for example, to compare Genocyber to Non Non Biyori, and claim that the former is superior?
>>
>>101324324
>despite having the money, reputation, fame, and influence to easily make something to challenge the state of the industry, but he doesn't do jackshit because he doesn't give a rats ass about TV
So much fucking this. These studios he despises actually try and be creative at times even when they know they'll get shit for sales and struggle trying to outsell imouto#43435.
>>
>>101312886
i dont care.

i hate people and i hate myself, ill just watch moe shit anime till i die. I cannot stand real women
>>
>>101324371
Are we talking about the cartoons themselves or the actual animation?
>>
>>101324385
I could go with that
>>
>>101324264

Whole generations of people all around the world grew up watching Sailor Moon, Dragonball or Saint Seiya. Then Pokemon or Naruto. Or PreCure in much of Europe.

Anime isn't that popular in USA, never really was. It's still super popular in S.America, Europe and much of Asia though.

French and Italian TV is full of anime.
>>
>>101324377
>Also, its not like anime is above using 3d either.
And when they use it it's shit.
I'm not a purist who thinks nothing can be done digitally but 3DCG a shit. I wish America had another Don Bluth.
>>
>>101324429
I listened to bits of the Madoka Italian dub and it actually sounded good. Haven't been able to enjoy any English dub.
>>
>>101324324
>>101324395
When was the last time Miyazaki took creative risks instead of playing it safe?
>>
>>101324418

It's true in both cases. Outside of Pixar movies US animation industry is dead.

You get cheap toy commercials that get canceled a season or two later.
>>
I don't mean any hate towards any japanese animators but I can't wait till korea surpasses them in a decade or two as there imitations begin to rival the originals hopefully they will avoid the pitfalls or not even try to create kawaii girl stuff thinking japan has lock on the market leading them to create stories or perhaps the rivalry between the two and the competition as a result will force them to create increasingly quality works to compete
>>
>>101324324
He could criticize all he fucking wants, and we can't do anything about it since whatever you may say, he's made masterpieces and became a beacon of light in the industry
>>
>>101324420
Have you watched Genocyber?
>>
>>101324494
Your post is a pain to read. Please use punctuation!
>>
>>101324466
do you speak fluent italian?
>>
>>101324524
No, I said it sounded good.
English voice actors never did to me.
>>
>>101324520
Sorry friend
>>
File: 1390587134244.png (756.85 KB, 755x544)
756.85 KB
756.85 KB PNG
>Not liking super violent anime like Genocyber and super cute anime like Non Non Biyori

They both have their place. I've watched both. There are better super violent OVAs than Genocyber though. Violence Jack and Apocalypse zero were nice.

I call it the post-HnK era.
>>
>>101324506
Yeah, the first two. NNB was just at par with it. I have a weakness for cyberpunk shit
>>
File: 1390927279443.jpg (143.78 KB, 600x600)
143.78 KB
143.78 KB JPG
>waaah why don't chinese cartoons look more like REAL LIFE?

Is this guy serious? Go take a fucking photo if you want real life.
>>
>>101324499
Uh, no. We're completely free to laugh off and rebut his criticisms. That's like saying that Einstein's weaker theories couldn't be debunked because he was such a great physicist.
>>
>>101324494
>Park Sung Hyo falls in love with Park Wan Wan...
No thank you.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (224.48 KB, 600x601)
224.48 KB
224.48 KB JPG
>>101324494
>Koreanshit
Dogeater please go.
>>
>>101324466

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpfc3krB8Bg

English dubs are almost always crap, pretty much everyone else does a better job.
>>
>>101324611
I don't give a fuck what it is as long as the work itself is good
>>
>>101324573
>That's like saying that Einstein's weaker theories couldn't be debunked because he was such a great physicist.
Yeah, if it was proven wrong. We respect his theories and hold it to high regard until proven wrong beause he was such a great physicist.

Pretty much the same with Miyazaki. He can criticize his ass off all he wants, it's held with high regard until proven he is seriously wrong. Because he's a great icon in the industry. Like a student to a teacher.
>>
>>101324304
Nah, I agree with Miyazaki and I hate the state of movies, video games and books.

You faggots can't even be fair with the medium you like.
>>
>>101324692
>it's held with high regard until proven he is seriously wrong
Well, he's a hypocritical peace of shit for reasons listed above and you still suck his dick.
>>
>>101324692
Where do you live, where students don't correct their teachers for mistakes the latter make?
>>
Why is this thread still here?
>>
File: 1389414688433.png (231.40 KB, 572x380)
231.40 KB
231.40 KB PNG
>>101312922
>no one had done black and white cartoons before
>>
>>101324487
I guess you're right. Why did it had to be so? I genuinely sad now.

How can I say this. I sometimes love the art in anime, sometimes I don't. Its like a weird spice I can love or hate. Yet, I almost never had a problem with the western animation. And that's why I am sad to see it die, and that's why sometimes I'd bitch and whine about too much cuteness in anime when its actually an integral part of their animation these days.
>>
>>101324723
I don't know about video games or books, but movies are still pretty damn good.
>>
>>101324788
>. Yet, I almost never had a problem with the western animation
So you're a fan of shitty 3D and flash?
>>
Japanese anime fanbase status:

[ ] Not Told
[ ] Told
[X] NaruTOLD
[X] BakemonoTOLDgatari
[X] HokuTOLD no Ken
[X] TOLDnari no Seki-Kun
[X] Yuki NagaTOLD
[X] Space Battleship YamaTOLD
[X] TOLDriko
[X] TOLD Love Ru Darkness
[X] MakoTOLD ITOLD
[X] ObiTOLD Uchiha
[X] BerTOLD Hoover
[X] MakoTOLD Shishio
[X] My Neighbor TOLDTOLDro
[X] Ikki TOLDsen
[X] BOOSTOLD
[X] TETSUTOOOOOOOOLD
[X] Lupin the TOLD
>>
>>101324485
Sherlock Hound maybe, but that was made at TMS. It aired like 8 months after Nausicaä. After the run finished in 1985, he didn't do fucking shit outside of Ghibli.

>>101324499
>became a beacon of light in the industry
Only for films, which makes up like 5%~ of the total output in the industry today. He's a coward when it comes to working on anything that does not have a 150% chance of printing money. If he did make an anime, he would probably retire FOR REAL by the end of the year when it fails to break the manabi line while some shitty imouto incest show averages 10K a volume.
>>
>>101324736
Students correct their teachers, yes, but when the teacher speaks the students always listen because he has some wisdom to share.

>>101324729
>Hypocritical
Nope, he's just airing out his chief complaints, which he sadly has a point.
>>
>>101324552
Italians dubbers were and some still are the best of the best. Some movie dubs are a lot better than the american ones.
>>101324429
This. Lupin, Nagai robots, Harlock, Sailor Moon, Captain Tsubasa etc.
Anime is mainstream in Italy.
>>
>>101323731
He hasn't earned shit, except money. Fuck your entitlement bullshit.
>>
>>101324847
Why is he not doing anything to rectify it? Why has he been irrelevant for decades? Why isn't he helping young animators? Why isn't he innovating? Why does he want Japan to kill itself so nature can take over? Why does he think women in the industry are a sign of downfall?
>>
>>101324817
Do you even realize how many movies are made per year? 10 decent movies are not a good thing.
>>
>>101324845
>while some shitty imouto incest show breaks 10k a volume
That's why he's complaining. Because of the niche audience that would gobble up these things without question. A very, very vicious cycle.
>>
>>101312886
>How does it feel that the most influential forces in anime hate your guts, /a/ and indirectly blame you for the fall of the anime industry?

If you read what he says, it's because the industry is full of otaku, not necessarily the market group.

He's talking about making anime, and the ones who make it are otaku.

His protege, Hideaki Anno is one such person, a full-blown otaku. Miyazaki is right.

Old Anno might also have been an otaku, but looking at his anime, god damnit he tried. Look at what he does with Rebuild, and look at how it's tripe.
>>
>>101324817
Also back in the day Directors could make 3 good movies per year, now they make a shitty one every 4 years.
>>
File: thestampede.png (309.63 KB, 314x400)
309.63 KB
309.63 KB PNG
>>101324838
>TOLDriko
>>
>>101324928
If you just watch Hollywood movies is not our problem.
>>
>>101324838
Do you enjoy posting that told shit over and over again?
>>
>>101324987
Anno has always been otaku.
His life is making mecha for heavens sakes.
>>
File: mein neger.jpg (23.32 KB, 289x292)
23.32 KB
23.32 KB JPG
>>101324429
>>101324858

Germany, Japan and Italy and probably the countries which like anime the most in the world. Kinda resembles the Axis now that you think about it, doesn't it?
>>
File: Bait fight.jpg (221.24 KB, 625x626)
221.24 KB
221.24 KB JPG
>>101325014
>One time previously
>Over and over again
>>
>>101324987
But Anno is married.
>>
FOCUS ON THIS:
>>101324987
>>101324987
>>101324987
>>101324987

Miyazaki isn't blaming "fans" or the audience even if they make part of the equation - the industry is rotten to the core.

TBH it always has been, but that's another thing entirely.
>>
>>101325042
>Germany
Fuck off. Only some old childrens shows are good in German. German is shit.
It's way bigger in France, Korea, China, South America anyway than in fucking Germany.
>>
>>101325042
What about Taiwan? Taiwan confirmed for Axis Powers.
>>
>>101325068
Otaku can marry, you know.
Lots of people in the industry are married.
>>
>>101325038
That's what I said. But Anno is proof that even such a person can do something differently, it's only lately with Rebuild I think he's blown himself up on hubris and has fallen completely.
>>
>>101324928
>10
More than this. And even something like Frozen was better than any 2013 anime. 7/10 films are better than AOTYs.

Anime is fun and all, but it's mostly a very childish industry. I don't have problem with this.This whole discussion is silly. People have really high expectations from something that is essentially Japanese cartoons.
>>
>>101325012
That's not what I said and it doesn't even make sense.
Hollywood is the most important movie industry, why would you not keep in regard?
>>101325042
Italy shares a lot of similarities with Japan too. It's mindblowing.
>>
>>101325042

The Jews fear the Samurai.
>>
>>101312886
>most influential forces
Actually Miyazaki works has almost no influence for the industry, actually he is more influential with western cartoon industry.
>>
>>101325075
Then maybe he could give some fucking names? Is he targeting Ishihara, or Yuasa, or Nakamura, or Kishi, or Yamakan, or Imaishi, or Shinbo?
>>
>>101325132
>most important movie industry
Probably the biggest but not necessarily the most important.
>>
>>101324831
Before its death you nitwit.
>>
>>101325205
He's not targeting anyone, he's targeting the industry. The animators, the scriptwriters, everyone.

Anno is a perfect example of an otaku director however.

His latest movie is the biggest otaku-fueled movie I've seen, it's as if you gave the scriptwriting responsibility to an otaku and let him have it's way with it.
>>
>>101325127
In all honesty, 2013 was a pretty meh year for anime. Even Kyousougiga, for all its potential, crashed and burned at the end.
>>
>>101325127
3DCGI is shit, what are you talking about?
A medium has no boundaries, except for the production ones, you are confused.
>>101325211
The most influential is the most important even if it has no quality.
>>
>>101324910
What good would it do if he tried? It would fall on deaf ears, it would be for nothing if the bulk of the industry stays contained by otakus
>>
Miyazaki thinks the animation industry is dying because women are animating now. He's a fucking retarded senile old man, why does anybody listen to him?
>>
>>101325294
He's got money, he's got fame, he's got influence, he can get sponsored.
He could help innovating anime but he doesn't because he's an old fart who hates everything.
>>
>>101325127

>Frozen
>better than Saint Young Men

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>101325290
>3DCGI
You're just biased. I have no problem with any form of animation as long as everything else is good.
>>
>>101325262
But then his argument can't be wholly true, because not everyone is an "otaku".
>>
>>101325315
>Miyazaki thinks the animation industry is dying because women are animating now.
The fuck are you talking about? He's probably Japan's biggest feminist.
>>
>>101321502
>circlejerk
Bullshit just normalfaggots says that because they know shit about anime
>>
>>101325329
I don't think you could get support or do anything when the people you are bashing are the same people dominating the industry. Complaining is one of the only things he could do, sadly.

Hell, the reaction of you people to his article says it all.
>>
>>101325442
Hahaha oh wow

Confirmed for not knowing Miyazaki
>>
>>101325351
>But then his argument can't be wholly true, because not everyone is an "otaku".
You misread his argument, he never said anyone was an otaku either.

He said the industry is full of otaku, and that's completely true.

Miyazaki is 100% correct.
>>
>>101312886
>people actually post in this thread
>acting like he matters
>>
>>101325127
>even something like Frozen was better than any 2013 anime
Frozen is Disney's shittiest animated movie since Chicken Little. It's more comparable to the worst shit churned out each season.
>>
>>101325512
I disagree. And apparently not only me. But I did like Tangled better.
>>
>>101325290
>The most influential is the most important even if it has no quality
The only thing Hollywood has been doing lately worth mentioning is high CGI movies and remakes of old or foreign movies.
I don't know if you can say Hollywood is the most influential anymore.
>>
>>101325442
>>101325470
This is interesting. What does he think about women animating?
>>
>>101325687
>What does he think about women animating?
I don't think there is a record of him speaking about women animating. But he's a self confessed feminist. I don't think he would have any kind of problem with it but I don't think the industry in general have any kind of problem with it neither.
>>
>>101325349
Yes, I'm biased because the entire animation industry does 3DCGI and no one draws anything.
That's shit to me.
>>101325583
What would you call influential, then?
>>
>>101325442
It's true, he's a dick. Didn't you read that one guy that was mistreated by him in a convenience store in Tokyo too?

And he's a libertarian and constantly lashes out at people for believing in God
>>
>>101325127
>usual Disney shit #4557637867
>good
>>
>>101325290
>The most influential is the most important

Some time ago it would be true, but today Hollywood only shits giant CGI fests that cost so much money they barely turn any profit.

Hollywood is dying.
>>
>>101325132
As an italian, I can safely say that's not true at all
>>
>>101325512
so edgy
>>
>>101326129
Mario is Japan's king and he looks really Italian
>>
>>101326129
But I am italian myself, anon.
>>
>>101326177
>implying Mario has anything to do with Italy besides his name

>>>/v/
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1279572669512.jpg (14.26 KB, 150x226)
14.26 KB
14.26 KB JPG
>>101326176
>Not liking terrible movies is edgy
>>
>>101326260
8/8 m8

You probably didn't even watched it
>>
>>101326289
Not him but I saw it with my family. Alright for a kids movie but I come to expect more from a Disney movie. Singing was god awful and I wasn't the only adult there to think that. Also that ending, thats not even trying to write a good story.
>>
File: 34252.jpg (92.77 KB, 480x480)
92.77 KB
92.77 KB JPG
>>101314823
because pandering to otaku is bad and pandering to normal people is not.
what is there not to understand, dummy?



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.