What an utterly amazing power!
I wish I had a walking thermos for a daughteru.
But can she see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
You laugh now, but wait until she passes her mental block and hits level 5, where she can direct the flow of energy with a thought, entropying people to death, snap freezing city blocks, and fuel-air bombing cities with her MIND.
Then you'll be sorry.
Why haven't they harvested her brain yet. Would be more valuable than that cyborg with all the level 5's power
It'd take some preparation, but if she can drain the energy from an area (hence the snap freeze), she could do the opposite: drain the energy from the outside of an area and pour it into a smaller area until there's so much energy contained within the air has no choice but to ignite/explode. Fill the air with something that burns nicely, (like, say, accel's dust fire) instant widespread fiery death.
Yep. A power that can ignore the laws of thermodynamics is ridiculous if it ever hits level 5.
Considering that biribiri can HACK devices with electromagnetism at Level 5, being able to manipulate entropy is right up there Accel's ability to basically alter reality. That's probably why Uiharu never gets any special training; with the two of them running around, the last thing AC wants is ANOTHER demigod causing trouble.
- Uihara has been shown to be able to control the temperature of liquid by holding its container, but it's never stated how big the container has to be, or what the container needs to be made of. (Oh, and before someone gets smart, there must be a temperature gradient across the mug and thus, necessarily, the mug need not be the same temperature as the liquid.) If Uihara makes this realization, she'll be able to control the thermal energy of anything - as long as she can hold the container. Think superfluidic liquid Helium. Want a cheap super conductor for your super computer? Ask this girl.
- But wait! There's more! She can keep food in containers warm, yet the food itself doesn't need to come in bento boxes - it works just as well when they're wrapped in paper, or is merely a frankfurter on a stick. Paper is mostly made up of air, and a frankfurter is essentially surrounded by nothing except air. Guess what else is surrounded by air? The entire goddamn world. Upon realizing this, Uihara defines herself as the outside of the container, the earth and everything as inside, and the air as the container itself. Congratulations. She can now locked the temperature of the earth. Screw global warming.
>hits level 5
- NOW we get to the fun part. Conservation of energy is described by something known as the Quantum Hamiltonian, which is essentially a math function containing the sum of an object's various types of energy, etc etc. Now temperature, like many other physical property, can be reduced to kinetic energy on the atomic scale. So if Uihara learns Sophomore under-grad quantum mechanics (a class that is apparently offered in Academy city to middle-school students - see Misaka's class on the uncertainty principle) she can now fix the kinetic energy of the Hamiltonian, rendering it a constant.
- Now, if Uihara was really good, and managed to start learning Junior under-grad quantum mechanics, she'll learn that the Hamiltonian is necessary in something known as Time-Evolution. In other words, on a quantum mechanical scale, things change (atoms vibrate, electrons interact, particles decay, everything) with each second forward in time because of Time-Evolution. Now Uihara can freeze the Hamiltonian, rendering it a constant.
>the flower hat is actually her limiter
- Finally, as a coup-de-grace, we briefly mention special relativity. Essentially, physics is the same in every reference frame, even though time can get screwy between the two of them. Things can happen before or after each other in different frames, but thanks to the math behind it all, cause-effect relation is preserved. Uihara says screw this, and just stops time. Thanks to special relativity, she can now reverse causation. The concept of before and after is now meaningless to her, and what's a couple light-years of spatial separation when you can render spacetime zero. Uihara can now exist anywhere and everywhere, now and forever.
So none of this is in the show, it's just fan wanking?
This whole thread is fan wanking.
*Now Uihara can freeze the Hamiltonian, rendering it a constant and thus no longer a function of time. Upon realizing this, Uihara learns how to turn any dynamic state into a stationary state. She can stop Time-Evolution of anything she comes in contact with. For all practical purpose, she can now freeze time at will.
messed up copying
Thank you for backing me up with SCIENCE good sir.
Accel isn't altering reality, he's just controlling anything with movement... which just so happens to be everything ever. But yeah, Demi-god Uiharu would be interesting to have...
It's fan wanking but it;s very very possible.
This whole thread is cringeworthy. Jesus Christ.
I'd overclock the shit out of my computer and make my daughter sit on it.
>hits Level 5
>Uiharu has been a god this whole time, letting things play out for her amusement.
>very very possible
Just like how Agnese is very very possible of becoming magic god.
>Uihara can now exist anywhere and everywhere, now and forever.
Sometimes I wish she was as badass in the Railgun anime as she is in the LNs.
I would be very ok with this. Just the sheer look of terror and shock on everyone's face during the big reveal would be priceless.
Can Level 6 Accelerator defeat an Uriharu that's completed a Sophomore undergrad quantum mechanics course?
Do we even know what a Level 6 Accel is capable of? (I'm a bit behind on the novels so forgive me if it's been addressed already.)
Level 6 anything defeats anything that isn't another level 6 or a Magic God...
The problem is a matter of scale.
First, what is the criteria for Level 5? Is it a discrete level that all espers are capable of reaching? That is the implication given by Kuroko's statement that Biribiri reached it through hard work but that doesn't seem to conform to the distribution of power in the Academy City. It is possible that Uiharu, like many others, is simply incapable of reaching Level 5.
Second, while Level 5s all seem to have dramatic powers, they don't exhibit the same scale of powers. It's possible that even if Uiharu were to reach Level 5, the scale for her particular power may be far too low to have any meaningful effect. A hurricane can send a piece of straw through a telephone pole but that doesn't mean that a hairdryer will ever be capable of doing so just because it also moves air.
This is as bad as the Iceman/Flash fanwanking on /co/.
Get a big enough hair dryer and ramp up its engine and yes it could. But then we'd call it a wind tunnel.
Like you said, it's all about scale. And the fact the Indexverse has really weak canon rules.
That's not her limiter anon, that's her, she needs to get rid of the human body and find a better host.
1) Uiharu can't hit Level 5
2) Even if she could, we have no way of determining how her power might evolve, so even speculating is pointless
3) Level 5s DO NOT HAVE FULL SCOPE OF THEIR POWER. It boggles the mind how Uiharu wankers assume that she has full power over thermodynamics somehow once she hits Level 5, despite the fact that Accelerator, who is LEAGUES beyond all the other Level 5s still cant even fully grasp his power.
4) Even if assuming that Level 5s somehow get full scope of their powers, Uiharu still isnt too hot. Electromagnetism is much more basic than Thermodynamics, so Mikoto is still better if we take away limiters. Then you get into Kakine, who's power is to shit on physics in general, and Accelerator, who is a fancy Telekinetic with autoreflect. Both are better than Thermodynamics, if we remove limits on everyone. Gunha basically has spiral power, so I'm pretty sure he'd shit all over Uiharu if he actually understood his power and had no limiters. Uiharu might be able to best Mugino or Misaki without Limiters, but that is still dubious.
The Bottom Line: This is baseless fanwank, and she still couldn't compare to the other Level 5s if we fanwanked their powers as hard as you guys are. Stop spreading misinformation.
Level 6 = "Being able to calculate God"
You tell me.
She's make an amazing nuclear reactor cooler.
I don't think anyone here is actually considering this a possibility. Its just interesting.
Fun things are fun, anon.
Saved for Anti-copypasta
Yes, you can generate hurricane force winds in a high powered wind tunnel, but a hairdryer is not a high powered wind tunnel.
We haven't seen enough espers with duplicate powers to know if the scale of the power relates to the individual or to the power type.
I agree though I find one problem with the Accel part. He controls vectors, aka movement, he's not some fancy telekinetic. As long as it moves, he can manipulate it which is anything due to atoms and etc. Due to this though, he is actually weaker then Uiharu who could stop all movement due to the fact that absolute zero conditions mean no movement and yadda yadda blah blah. I don't wanna get into all this.
> He controls vectors, aka movement, he's not some fancy telekinetic
Telekinetic: The movement of objects by scientifically inexplicable means. Movement being the keyword.
If you want to get really technical, Accel does NOT control "vectors". A vector is a mathematical construct. It would be like saying you control addition. Accel's powers are telekinetic, and he uses vector mathematics as a basis in his calculations because vectors are a very basic mathematical term that can be used to describe almost anything in some form or fashion. IIRC, his power name is "Vector Transformation", which makes a little more sense in context.
At it's higher forms, a telekinetic can do basically anything, like stopping all movement or ripping something apart on the atomic level.
Parameter list only accounts for the standard curriculum
Do you have a better means to miraculously get her from a Level 1 to a Level 5?
The main reason he's really strong is his auto-redirect AIM field - there's no fucking way to harm him, although Gunha might if he tried or gave a shit. I don't think he can do anything to Kakine's dark matter either, but that power is much more limited in scope than Accelerator's.
>Considering that biribiri can HACK devices with electromagnetism at Level 5, being able to manipulate entropy is right up there Accel's ability to basically alter reality. That's probably why Uiharu never gets any special training; with the two of them running around, the last thing AC wants is ANOTHER demigod causing trouble.
They actually only throw money at students that will be useful to academy city.
The paramaters list is only a part of that.
Uihara can at most make it to level 3 if they trained her at a pro school like Railgun was sent too. But for what Alister wants to happen she has no value to that end so she gets nothing. Odds are she uses her power to keep her CPU cool. And thats why she can hack even faster the Misaka can.
Uiharu's power is to *maintain* temperature, not change it, and she's limited to things she touches much like Accel.
Barring crazy angel bullshit, the fundamental nature of someone's power doesn't change, so she's inherently capped at level 1-2.
Unless your name is Kakine, Accelerator, or Touma, the standard curriculum is all any esper has
Give her to a Kihara
>in a no name school
>level 5, ever
anon, I have some bad news for you
Doesn't mean she can't grow to more. Her power isn't Temperature Maintenance; maybe it's temperature shifts and all she can do is stop heat transfer.
Accelerator's power was misunderstood at first and it grew to be more powerful than they thought.
From what I can tell Mikasa just bruteforces her way through things, so there's probably plenty of stuff she can't get to if it's hidden cleverly or requires delicacy.
>Parameter list only accounts for the standard curriculum
now we are just making things up as we go along
If she were level 5 she'd be like immune to bullets and be able to melt anything just by wanting it to melt.
A Certain Highschool is a no name school. It houses Touma, who Crowley views as more important then any Level 5.
Accelerator's power was misunderstood by scientists because he's got some inherent divine bullshit going on that they cant understand. Crowley understood though. If Uiharu had such skills, she would have gotten trained.
1. get a pyromancer
2. make uiharu wear a special suit so she won't get hurt
3. pyromancer ignites the enemy
4. uiharu tackles enemy and holds him tightly
5. enemy burns to a charcoal
She should come with every fleshlight.
>And thats why she can hack even faster the Misaka can.
No she can't. She was clearly getting owned by Mikoto (who was using a portable device compared to Uiharu's computer), so she panicked and used super encryption software to encrypt the entire power bank and make it completely unusable by anyone. Literally anyone could do the same thing.
She is a skilled hacker considering her being a normalfag, but she isn't better than Mikoto.
Touma is also not very book smart, so A) there'd be no point in moving him to a fancy school and B) if academy city started throwing money at him, a level 0, he'd get suspicious as fuc.
Raildex powerlevels must be a tricky thing.
Nope, that's exactly what her power is. It simply doesn't allow for that much growth.
At best she could make herself immune to certain attacks and whack people with a hot piece of metal.
Most of them are ridiculous godhax bullshit, but there's so many people with godhax bullshit it's hard telling whose the most bullshit. There's also the level system, which seems like it would help, but in reality doesn't mean shit because it's all ultimately just a tool for aliester to build a giant aim field.
What if Uiharu's power isn't thermaldynamics at all? What if it's actually a very simple application of time manipulation? Or the ability to seal off a portion of space (right now she can only seal it off enough to stop heat from entering/escaping)?
Why is she featured in so many violent rape doujins?
Whoa first I've heard of this I know what to search for next
Yes, yes it is. Here is the current chart, though its outdated by about 2 volumes.
You must not get around very much, she and saten are fan favorites for violent kidnapping and rape, only to be found broken and cum-stained by mikoto and kuroko after it's too late.
is my personal favorite
Probably because of that one time Kakine beat the shit out of her.
>Level 5 teleporter
> see Trafalgar Law
I'd overclock your daughter yaknowwhatimean
How do I into Raildex
I read that you should go
the funny thing about Raildex powerlevels is despite the huge cast most characters either stay the same or get weaker
You don't seem to realize it's only like 4 or 5 months since the first volume.
>pining for the fjords
Can you give me the title? Or post a page and spoiler it? I'll reverse search.
Well, there's a shorter and easier method:
1. Get a pyromancer
2. Pyromancer ignites the enemy
3. Enemy burns to a charcoal
and how does that change what I said?
Watching in release order (Index > Railgun > Index II > Railgun S) works best. Chronological order is a clusterfuck thanks to JC Staff.
Quality-wise, LN > Railgun manga > Railgun S > Index > Index II > Railgun > Index manga >>>>>>>> Railgun anime filler.
>Index > Index II
Pick either Index or Railgun, start at season 1, episode 1. The continuities do not depend on one another to make sense, they merely show different events along the same timeline. The only time they intersect majorly is the Sisters Arc, and the main difference is that it's a lot longer and more detailed in Railgun since Touma only comes into it at the end.
In case it wasn't obvious: Index is centered mainly around Touma (and later Accelerator). Railgun is centered around Mikoto.
When did I try to change what you said?
The same damn question in every thread
Oh that one. That's where the famous face punch image came from.
pacing vs animation/backgrounds
>you don't seem to realize
And that change what you said how?
Ah nvm, I managed to find it thanks to >>101191207
Okay, this is hilarious.
>And that change what you said how?
>and how does that change what I said?
you are repeating my question
>When did I try to change what you said?
Are you lost?
once she gets hold of a peltier she's the most powerful.
Why you want to have flowers as your daughteru?
I'll probably be back to ask it again, don't worry.
That's some level 20 shit. She's only like 10.
It's not like we've had this thread dozens of times already or anything.
Still better than "Mikoto/Index a shit" threads.
You do realize she's violating the laws of thermodynamics, right?
Who isnt violating science in this series?
His power name is One Way Road.
No it isn't. Thats a pun on the kanji for Accelerator.
No, that's the literal name of his ability. What you're thinking of is what his ability is based on.
One Way Road is literally the kanji for Accelerator.
Not him, but want to clarify something.
One way road is kanji for one way road. I don't really understand why but it's also the kanji for what they call Accelerator, and they choose to pronounce it akuserareta.
Same shit for Railgun, Index, Meltdown, etc.
uiharu is olev.
It's called furigana. The kanji is one way road, then the author put a fancy name on the kanji and there you get Accelerator.
The criteria for Level 5 is pretty simple.
Being able to stand on equal footing with a military force.
>That is the implication given by Kuroko's statement that Biribiri reached it through hard work but that doesn't seem to conform to the distribution of power in the Academy City.
It was predicted in advance that Mikoto would be able to progress through the curriculum very quickly (parameter list and related wankery). AC likes using it for propaganda though.
Uiharu's power is to keep the temperature of anything she touches the same. That's all. She might be able to improve the size of whatever she can keep at the same temperature or learn how to use it on herself, but that's all she'll ever be able to do. The scope of the power does not expand.
damn she realy needs to study thermodynamics for a few years.