[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIA8t4cI3Q

So wheres the hype for SAO2?
>>
>>101145385
No where
>>
>>101145385
>Kirito a girl
>>
>>101145458
What? That's Kirito? How? Why?
>>
>>101145503
He plays with a female avatar in the next game.

>hasn't read the novels
>>
>>101145385
The hype for SAO 1 led to crushed expectations. I think we all know better now.
>>
>>101145587

But SAO1 PART 1 was great, part 2 ruined it. Whose to say this wont redeem it?
>>
>>101145626
Is Kirito still the MC?
Is he still a Gary Stu
Do all the girls still want his dick?

if the answer to any of the above is yes, then it'll be shit
>>
>>101145747
He doesn't have a dick in S2, so no
>>
>>101145818
He still has a dick, you dolt. It's a trap avatar.

>>101145747
It won't be. There's best girl.
>>
Anywhere but here.
Fuck off
>>
>>101145747

What is a gary stu?

And Kirito was an awesome MC.
>>
>>101145883
I haven't read it, but I'll assume that she's a total badass who wants kirito's dick for some reason, and goes from total badass to someone who's only there to make sure there's a girl that wants his dick at all times
>>
Theres some underground hype for it here, but only faggots would admit to it on the surface.

That being said...when it airs /a/ will be watching.
>>
>>101145913
>>>/r/anime
>>
>>101145626
Part 1 was pretty shit Tbh
>>
>>101145626
I asked some normalfag girl I knew what she thought of SAO, and even she said the same thing.

First half is good, second half is shit
>>
>>101145503
Because he got a tranny avatar, read the LN.
>>
>>101145938
That description is... quite spot on..

Thanks for ruining best girl for me!
>>
>>101146016

How can you even say the first half was shit? It was argueable one of the best animes of the decade so far.
>>
>>101146144
She has good taste.
Or at least a good head on her shoulders.

The problem with SAO was that the first half gave a lot of promise - a cool world to explore, a gripping atmosphere, cool MMO features

Second half disappoints because it doesn't touch any of those cool things and instead focuses on the most boring, blatant fantasy-insert Drizz'l Do'Urden ripoff and his equally boring waifu.
>>
Can you see me now Habardo?
>>
>>101146016

I thought the SAO portion was pretty awesome. I wish there was a game based off it.
>>
>>101145385
/a/ can't hype for anything SAO...
Even through best girl is going to be heroine Fuck Asuna
>>
>>101146366

I agree comepletely with this anon.
>>
>>101146366
>The problem with SAO was that the first half gave a lot of promise - a cool world to explore, a gripping atmosphere, cool MMO features
>
>Second half disappoints because it doesn't touch any of those cool things

THIS. Fucking this. why was there a need for an MMO setting if they were going to stick to straight fantasy?!
>>
If the 1st part was a 6/10 and the second part was a 1/10 for me, what are the chances I'll enjoy the second season?
>>
>>101146420
As for the LN Gun Gale is the best part because Sinon - assuming they pull it off in the anime this is going to be the best SAO
>>
>>101146376
Hallo, HK, shall we take a picture of a vulcano?
>>
File: 1374270397104.jpg (52.71 KB, 500x375)
52.71 KB
52.71 KB JPG
>>101146376
>>
File: log-horizon.jpg (291.55 KB, 1226x720)
291.55 KB
291.55 KB JPG
>>101146305
fucking LH is better than dat shit
>>
>>101146305
>SAO
>good
>animes
Probably bait but opinion discarded.
>>
>>101145556
>>101146216
Don't be so elitist, fuckers.
>>
Guys, why not post this on gaiax, my animelist, crunchyroll or whatever?
Because you're all faggots from >>>/v/ anyways, no one on /a/ is interested.
>>
>>101146498

Who is this cutie?

And I have high hopes for SAO2, I think it will redeem the disaster that is SAO1
>>
File: 1374362471979.png (114.61 KB, 326x226)
114.61 KB
114.61 KB PNG
You are all aware that this show is going to be the one with by far the most threads for it when it airs, right?
>>
>>101146505
What do you have against LH?
>>
>>101146536

Well considering /v/ is superior to /a/...

You're the faggot bitch.
>>
>>101146565
>Well considering /v/ is superior to /a/..
posts on /a/
>>
>>101146559
nothing, it's just far more superior than SAO
>>
>>101146607
But if you say: Fucking LH is better than this shit, you're implying that LH is bad as well.
>>
>>101146607
Gun Gale is the best MMO LN / manga / anime out there.
>>
>>101146291
Now I've depressed myself.

I might have watched it
>>
>>101146639
Guess you're right
>LH>SAO
>>
>>101146721
Why do you think LH is bad then?
>>
wowe such fags much homo
>>
>>101146542
You are aware more than half will be troll threads, right?
>>
File: 1361894785742.jpg (34.99 KB, 337x400)
34.99 KB
34.99 KB JPG
>>101145385
get out
>>
>>101146746
I never said that, just poor wording on my end...
>>
>>101146746
Not that guy, but Log H would be better if they didnt bother using a game world and instead jumped to straight fantasy instead, like if they opened a fantasy novel like in FFT:A
>>
>>101146648
Well, MC have to be the hero at the end in this kind of stories, but really, she is one of the better female characters in my opinion. Sadly I have a feeling the anime will ruin her... In LN she isn't head over heel for his dick - something she probably will be in the anime
>>
>>101146542
True, but should you really count the spam threads made by trolls that die after a few posts?
>>
>>101146542
What about Mahouka?
>>
>>101146536
/v/ likes Log Horizon, and they hate shitty like SaO
like you should
>>
>>101146542

Enjoy what's left of /a/ while you still can, Anonymous.
>>
>>101146473
None. Don't watch it for your own sake.

People will say that the adapted novels were better than the first seasons but it's still the same muh dark edgy everyone wants my dick bullshit.
>>
>>101146798
If people weren't retarded we would have just a single thread on the day the show airs.
But like the last time, I bet there will be daily threads about how SAO is bad.
>>
>>101146825
Ah
>>101146836
That has negative and positive sides to it though.
Yeah, people wouldn't misunderstand saying things like "there are many unrealistic game mechanics", because people forget that it's not supposed to be a game anymore.
But without the jumping in, they would lose a lot of stuff.
Like the just starting to associate with the people of the land, memory loss, coping with world change etc...
>>
>>101145385

okay, i´m game.
>>
>>101145913
It's already starting? I thought the newfags would come in when it airs so I could shitpost all I want
>>
>>101146853
Definitely expecting more troll threads for Mahouka than SAO. SAO is already old and busted.
>>
>log horizon
>better than SAO
This is what entitled double standard backpedaling contrarian hipsters actually believe
>>
>>101146856
Log Horizon is simply what SAO was supposed to be from the start, yet it didn't due to replacing actual MMORPG stuff with a blantant Gary Stu.
>>
>>101146934
The threads about how bad it was were just as bad as the threads about how good it supposedly was.
>>
>>101146978
> People liking SAO over LH...

Go and die hipster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyP4Q8igQY
>>
>>101146987
I don't care. I prefer a single shit thread once a week than several shit SAO threads everyday.
>>
File: bait harder.png (416.47 KB, 1022x1024)
416.47 KB
416.47 KB PNG
>>101146978
>all those buzzwords

Curb your autism man, people actually have legitimate reason to enjoy LogH better than SAO.

For starters, at least Log H had plot. SAO had "I'm sorry mario, your princess is in another castle"
>>
>>101147062

B-but SAO has blu rays. ;__;
>>
File: 1384758806026.jpg (220.39 KB, 800x533)
220.39 KB
220.39 KB JPG
>>101146645
>>
>>101147040
>liking SAO over LH
>hipster

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>101147076
>implying Super Mario isn't godlike
>>
>>101147076
>SAO had "I'm sorry mario, your princess is in another castle"

And this anon explained 90% of SAO's plot. The other 10% is WHY DO YOU LOVE YOUR ONII-CHAN?! WHY?
>>
>>101147076
>list a clear example of plot for SAO
>avoid listing any kind of example for LH

Are you baiting as well?
>>
>>101145385
>Sword arts Online
>They're already moved on to Alfheim and Gun Gale

The author really didn't think this through...
>>
>>101147094
Name anything better - and no, faggish LH isn't.
>>
>>101147148
>Planning to end his story after Sword Art Online
>"shit, people actually buy this, better keep making it"
>Alfheim
>Gun Gale
>Underworld
>>
>>101147246

There is another one after Gun Gale?
>>
>>101146984
I don't agree.
SAO should have focussed more on the individuals (without being edgy faggots), and how they dealt with it, and some nice mmo fights.
LogH deals more with world building and how to deal with all of the shit that has happened.
Both of them would fail immensely if they were put in eachother's shoes.
>>
>>101147246
>Planning to end his story after Sword Art Online

[citations faggot]
>>
>>101147267
The novels are still ongoing.
>>
>>101147062
Sao shit threads about how bad it was occurred far more than once a week.
>>
>>101147246
>buy this
>>
>>101147267
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Light_Novel_Volumes
>>
File: 29061613.png (438.65 KB, 650x600)
438.65 KB
438.65 KB PNG
>SAO thread
>11 hidden posts

Database fags really don't know when to quit, huh?
>>
>>101147146
Okay, you know what? fine. I read the LNs let me give you a recap of what happens after log H's last ep.

>raynesia gets jewed by shiroe
>forced to wear a skimpy costume to bait the adventurers to enlist in the goblin war
>crusty kills goblins while raynesia gets wet from watching his masculine back
>rudie dies
>shiroe uses a contract using his scribe class abaility to make a binding contract with rudie to turn him to an adventurer
>rudie lives
>The goblins are routed but the goblin king still lives
>akiba and eastal forge an alliance
>crusty and the rest of the council become lords equal to the lander nobles
>raynesia gets stuck in akiba to work off her debt since eastal won't foot the bill for the adventurer volunteers
>akiba decides to host a grand city party and invites the neighboring countries to increase their economic growth and forge ties
>akiba gets attacked by saboteurs from minami
>shiroe counters them
>party is a success. akatsuki is suffering from massive jelly
>shiroe meets nureha
>s1 ends.
>>
>>101147377


Fucking spoiler faggot.
>>
>>101147377
>I read the LNs

Isn't this thread about the anime adaptions, not the LN?
>>
>>101147402
Dude, this shit has been posted in almost every LH thread.
>>
>choose a lightsaber for a gun fight
>cut the bullets and win the whole shit

This is the new level of bullshit.
>>
>>101147098
I don't know myself anymore. Unless the person I posted my post was hyped for SAO S2, then it would make sense.

I don't know what has sense these days...
>>
Requesting SAO vs Accel world copypasta
>>
>>101147431
And that's why people avoid LH threads.
So if you're going to post spoilers in other threads, you better spoiler text faggot.
>>
>>101147377
I like how the faggot who said LH has an actual plot says SAO plot is only "your princess is in another castle" as if it's the whole plot or if it's always like that every story arc.

Ignorant conclusion-jumping pieces of shit always exist.
>>
>>101147377
>s1 ends with a teaser of Nureha

Fuck. I hope we get an s2.
>>
>>101147439
We Star Wars now.
>>
>>101147439
At least is not:
>Oh no, it's the GM
>He is beating the shit out of me
>What, the other GM
>Now I'm a GM as well
>>
>>101147492
>SAO plot is only "your princess is in another castle" as if it's the whole plot or if it's always like that every story arc.

To be fair, if it isn't the main plot of the arc, it ends up a strong subplot for it.

>>101147487
Never heard of it.
>>
>>101147439
You forget how the bullets have a "projectile line" so all kirito has to do is move his sword to the path of the ballistic path
>>
>>101147377
>nureha
Who? The Monk girl?
>>
>>101147492
But "your princess is in another castle" is Kirito's only motivation, which is why its fucking boring.
>>
>>101145385
oh boy

It's been a while after SAO finished airing...

So what kind of asspull will Kirito do this time?

C'mon, Spoil me so I can drop this shit before it even air
>>
>>101147402
He even said that the following text would be spoiler, if you still read it and get mad at spoilers you are most faggish retard on the web
>>
>>101145385
Unsurprising considering the amount of wasted potential in the first half of the first season and the absolute awfulness of the second half

Log Horizon is doing everuthing SAO should have done and much better

i'll still probably watch it though in the hope that it was due to shitty source material because I really enjoyed accel world
>>
>>101147569
Kirito actually can predict the projectile line
>>
>>101147620
>only motivation
Throughout the ENTIRE series? Why do you like to spout bullshit as if you know everything so much when you don't?
>>
>>101147641
No, refer to this.>>101147278
In the mmo subgenre of anime, there are still a few ways to go.
>>
File: 1385108310015.jpg (542.32 KB, 1000x800)
542.32 KB
542.32 KB JPG
>>101147600
A yandere foxtail who loves Shiroe but is also forced to be his antagonist because of another yandere maid who wants tea party to suffer.
>>
>>101147672
I don't understand why everyone was shocked at hearing that.

Shouldn't predicting the prediction line be something you should be doing in the first place?
>>
>>101147620
That was the motivation of ALfheim, not Gun Gale, which is the second season this thread is about.
>>
G-guys...what if......what if...SAO2 actually turns out to be good?
>>
>>101147739
No, because modern games are all about being spoonfed
>>
>>101147800
It'll be popular in the mainstream and hated by /a/ anyway.
>>
>>101147752
It was not the motivation for Aincrad arc and ALicization either.

He's just an idiot who likes to assume things while sounding right when he doesn't. Judging from his posting style, wouldn't be surprised if he was the same faggot last week who said "In the LN, Kirito thinks he's the best ever" when it's false.
>>
>>101147729
Could you please spoiler text?
>>
So why is it still named Sword Arts Online when they're on Gun Gale Online
>>
>>101147729
When is Kanami going to appear?
>>
File: gunz online wallpaper.jpg (711.68 KB, 1024x768)
711.68 KB
711.68 KB JPG
>>101147439
has seriously no one ever made Gunz Online?
>>
>>101147952

Good question.
>>
>>101147952
Because so far, the sword art online part was the best.
And aincrad intrigued me the most.
I still dislike that they never finished it.
>>
>>101147952
Because

>Since when were you under the impression that I couldn't use Sword Skills with a gun?
>>
>>101147968
I played it. It was cool but then it quickly got boring due to lack of a playerbase
>>
>>101147968
>Play Gunz
>Use two SMGs
>People call me a n00b for not using two swords and go jumping around, and instead, I just spray and kill people
>Stop playing because I'm kicked out of every room.
This game is shit.
>>
>>101147952
Because the protagonist is using the ART of SWORD fight in an ONLINE game.
>>
>>101148005
or simply marketing
>>
>>101148093
>implying you didn't get K-Styled by every motherfucker and rage quit
>>
>>101148093
Likewise, I use a shottie. lulz were had when I could just take a sidestep away from the katana-wielding weaboos and kill them in one shot.
>>
SAO is amazing anime.
LH is fucking minecraft.
>>
Abstract kind of cancer going on in here.
>>
>>101148166
>dude jumping around with glowing dual swords
>just get my shotgun and kill him
>calls me a noob, tryhard, faggot
>>
>>101148096
This is actually a pretty good answer.
>>
File: 1383656977085.gif (303.67 KB, 219x119)
303.67 KB
303.67 KB GIF
>LH fanboy come to SAO thread
>dis_gon_be_good.gif
I like where this going
>>
>>101148166
There's an animation lag between melee swings so as to to not spam them. just time your jump or sidestep so that they are stuck in mid-animation and pump them full of ammo.
>>
>>101148213
>LH is fucking minecraft.

Nigga do you even DORF Fortress?
>>
>>101148255
I honestly don't remember much about the game, but wasn't the point of K-Styling cancelling the lag?
>>
>>101148320

So I guess the real question here is...

Anime of the Decade...Shingeki or LH?
>>
>>101147952
Because they know the title SAO will attract all the fanboys, pretty sure those 12 year olds wouldn't know it's SAO if it's called Gun Gale Online.
>>
>>101148374
>log hurrizon
>even remotely close to based Attack on Titan

Not even hipsters believe that.
>>
>>101147952
Why is it still called Dragonball if they don't collect Dragonballs anymore?
>>
>>101148374
Nice b8 m8.
>>
a1 will fuck up mothers rosario
s2 will focus on kirito instead of sinnoh
that cute little scene of sinnoh practicing bullet cutting after seeing kirito do it will be cut out
asuna will somehow be participating in BoB
laughing coffin didnt do anything

this is going to be so bad
>>
>>101148374

If this is even a question you're a fucking retard.

AoT is the best anime of the decade so far.
>>
>>101148362
99% of the people couldn't pull it off properly.
>>
>>101148166
problem with gunz was that it was aimed to asian/weaboo gamers who get a hard-on for the matrix-style katana combat whereas due to a design flaw, the shotgun is more practical and rewarding because the spread is effective and almost one-shot lethal on mid-air targets.
>>
File: h.jpg (16.38 KB, 583x91)
16.38 KB
16.38 KB JPG
>>101148526
I agree.
>>
>>101148526

So when is SAO2 coming out anyways? Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter?
>>
File: Sinnoh Region.jpg (172.01 KB, 800x557)
172.01 KB
172.01 KB JPG
>>101148503
>a1 will fuck up mothers rosario
I raged even just imagining this
Mother's Rosario is golden arc among shit
>>
>>101148699
Gun Gale is pretty much the direct opposite.
Also, if Kirito can block a stream of bullets, why don't people just use a shotgun? Let's see gary try and block 20-30 bouncing pellets all at once.
>>
File: bg1.jpg (705.47 KB, 900x1273)
705.47 KB
705.47 KB JPG
>official art
>>
>>101148762
Probably Summer, but there hasn't been a confirmation yet.
>>
File: 1388211674678.gif (847.10 KB, 480x270)
847.10 KB
847.10 KB GIF
>>101145385
Soo... what else is there to tell?
>guns
It's not gonna be the sao game is it? Why not call it the game they are actually gonna be playing?
>>
>>101148945
Marketing
>>
>>101148945
unified brand name
>>
>>101148861
As expected of A-1.
They look like shit.
Didn't even get the hair color right.
>>
>>101148861
Is that a PSG-01 or a Cheytac?

It looks like the animators are fucking shit for messing up gun designs in a game about guns
>>
>>101148861
>that Frankenstein rifle

/ak/ will have a field day with this show
>>
>>101149057
Not like /ak/ is relevant or anything
>>
>>101149009
PGM Hecate II.
>>
>>101149009
That would be a
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM_H%C3%A9cate_II
>>
File: 1361332968980.jpg (503.17 KB, 1920x1080)
503.17 KB
503.17 KB JPG
S2 When?
>>
File: 1390115101827.gif (753.51 KB, 384x216)
753.51 KB
753.51 KB GIF
I'm watching it because it has guns in it.

I'm under personal obligation to at least see it through the 3 episode rule.
>>
>>101145385
First LN of SAO was a pretty decent/good love story set in an interesting world.
Second LN added bitches wanting his dick for no good reason and Yui being cute and being an insert for a daughter he shouldn't have.
After that it went to shit.
Basically:
LN1 = 8/10
LN2 = 6/10
Everything after is pretty shit.
>>
File: hecate_ii.jpg (12.28 KB, 593x202)
12.28 KB
12.28 KB JPG
>>101149057
Seems legit to me.
>>
>>101149218

I'd give LN 2 a 7/10 but pretty accurate otherwise.
>>
File: 1359866440747.gif (2.58 MB, 450x254)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>>101149146
I had very, very mixed feelings about this.
>>
>>101149218
>Everything after is pretty shit
You forgot to add
>everything after volume 4 is as good, if not better, then volume 1

Faggots with shit taste need to stop posting here.
>>
File: SAO season 2.gif (1.20 MB, 324x163)
1.20 MB
1.20 MB GIF
>>101147952
Because
>>
>>101149218
LN1 = 5/10
LN2-4 = 3/10
LN5-6 = 6/10
LN7 = 5/10
LN8 = Caliber 6/10, Other 4-5/10
LN9+ = 7+/10
>>
File: 29726058.jpg (246.78 KB, 1280x800)
246.78 KB
246.78 KB JPG
>>101149278
Won't you see a faggot driving a car to the star?
Oh and one thing, Niko won't get screentime on this
>>
>>101149411
>subtracts 3 points from the score to fit in with /a/
Stop trying so hard.
>>
>>101149319
Underworld is pretty meh, still in vol.11 though
>>
>>101149411
>Other 4-5/10

>not liking First Day
>>
>>101149480
I'm just stating my overall impression by comparing it to all LNs I have read so far.
You're the one trying to fit in here.

SAO is simply weaker than a lot of them.

>>101149527
Well, Murder Case was 4 and 5 First Day.
So I more or less liked it.
>>
>>101149497
Where do you read your LN's?
>>
File: af.jpg (273.37 KB, 973x1200)
273.37 KB
273.37 KB JPG
Newer art

>That shiny plastic hair
>>
>>101145626
But the anime ruined even part 1...

>>101145938
It's never really shown that Sinon wants his dick. Other than a bit of teasing, it mostly just seems to be friends/rivals (though the friends part doesn't come in until after GGO)
>>
>>101149623

I-is the blue haired girl Asuna?
>>
>>101149411
>>101149260
Opinions I can respect, though I do think you're rating LN1 a bit low.
>>101149319
GGO was decent, but people cum over Sinnon for no good reason and Mothers Rosario was a decent story but not anything special.
Haven't started the Alicization arc yet, so I won't comment on that. It just didn't appeal to me after I didn't enjoy most everything after LN2.
>>
File: 1388897678562.jpg (334.06 KB, 542x767)
334.06 KB
334.06 KB JPG
>>101149411
>LN5-6 = 6/10
>LN7 = 5/10
>LN8 = Caliber 6/10
>LN9+ = 7+/10
I see you had complicated shit taste here
How's you gonna rate this? 7.5/10?
>>
>>101149652
No. Did you even see OP?
>>
>>101145938
>Sinon
>wanting his dick

>>101149652
No.
Asuna (Along with every other side character) is shafted into near non-existence for the GGO arc, only kirito and new girl are actually playing the game.
>>
>>101149676
Uhhh, is this a game, a new LN of ALO, or something...? Who is the blonde and bearded guy in the background
>>
>>101149752
looks like a promotion poster for the events between ggo and underworld
>>
>>101149676

What is this SAO SS?
>>
File: 1359708653635.gif (3 MB, 435x245)
3 MB
3 MB GIF
>>101149457
Oh, thats really disappointing. By far was the best character. Well I guess all other girls are kind of acceptable.
I know that Niko got plenty of death flags, did it really happen?
>>
File: 1366143887189.jpg (342.79 KB, 1920x1080)
342.79 KB
342.79 KB JPG
>>101149607
Phone, just when I waiting something
I think I'll finish vol.11 after valentine
>>
>>101149752
ALO side story, one of the best parts of the novels so far.

Anime only plebs pls go.

Never is going to be animated because A1 cut out the best part of the original ALO arc for no good reason.
>>
>>101149752
That's the cover to a "What if" side-story, based on one of the stories in Volume 8. (Though, the same cover is also used for the original side story)
The side story is called "Caliber," and the alternative, What-if story is "Caliber SS" (SS is short for Sukoshi Shippai, or "Slight Failure")
>>
File: 1388596396488.jpg (163.74 KB, 735x799)
163.74 KB
163.74 KB JPG
>>101149623
Fuck this, everything is so wrong with Sinon
>>
>>101149843
I don't think A1 wanted to even hint at the possibility of S2.

Same reason we're not going to get Kirito dying at the end of S2
>>
>>101149676
Fuck just realize I post Caliber poster
where's muh Extra Edition poster?
>>
File: 1382546359979.jpg (135.92 KB, 1440x810)
135.92 KB
135.92 KB JPG
I don't watch anime anymore and haven't for 3 months but I will watch SAO season 2.

I'm that hyped.
>>
>>101149866
I would have liked Caliber a lot more if they actually had some decent teamplay in it.
It was again Kirito going stu mode.
>>
>>101149983
>Character is strong

>Idiots with no comprehension of gary stu calls them a gary stu
Every time
Without fail
>>
>>101149983
Personally didn't care much for Caliber. Only read it because...

>>101150023
Kinda hard to deny he's a gary stu, when the author admits Kirito is his ideal/self-insert.
>>
>>101150070
>Simplifies the definition of gary stu to the point that it is no longer accurate
Why do you do this?

Self-insert is self-insert, gary stu is gary stu.
Stop being dumb.
>>
>>101150023
Yes, as long as he is the only one capable of Spell Blast and Skill Connect.
>>
SAO era side stories >>> other arc side stories
>>
>>101150128
Since when was being remotely unique gary stu?
Do you call every anime MC gary stu as well?
>>
File: FALCO PUNCH.gif (2.12 MB, 480x270)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB GIF
>>101149457
Aw shit, really?
>>
>>101149974
>is on /a/ even though he doesn't watch anime
Wat
>>
>>101149813
But websites?
>>
>>101150128
Well, Eugeo can apparently do Skill Connect. Then again, Eugeo also has jedi powers now.

>>101150164
Being Unique is one thing.
Being Unique, for the sake of being unique is another thing.
>>
>>101150176
Right. Because /a/ = just anime
>>
>>101150240
>Being Unique, for the sake of being unique is another thing.
No, really it isn't.
You can say the same shit for every MC.

>Motoko is unique for the sake of being unique! Mary sue!
Seriously, just stop using the word.
This shit is starting to resemble the way that /pol/ LOVES the word shill, but the majority of them have lost the actual meaning of the word once they started posting it everywhere.
>>
>>101150340

SAO2 come faster. Then SAO3?
>>
>>101150257

Was SAO extra edition the unaired side chapters? Or something completely new?
>>
>>101149796
I'm just on vol 06, so far she's safe

>>101150173
In vol 05? As good as furniture
>>
>>101150441
Season 3 will likely have to wait a while. That, or it could just be a 2 cour anime again, and just cover half of Alicization.

Alicization is pretty large.

>>101150525
Completely new. Though, it seems to use some story elements from Caliber, which is why some fans suspect that the anime will abandon the Caliber story.
>>
>>101150340
You seem to have no fucking idea how Gary/Mary Sue is used nowadays.

It's wish fulfilling self-insert character who is perfect at everything.

Kirito has the perfect girlfriend, a harem, god know how many great friends, and is the only one capable in several games of doing this shit.

Sinon is a world renowned GGO player and can't even come near his bullet cutting level.
Nobody in new ALO can use Skill Connect and Skill Blast besides him.
In the original SAO he soloed a raid boss and delayed his dead, which shouldn't be possible.

Do you want even more?
I mean seriously, stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>101150756
>Gary/Mary Sue is used nowadays.
Going off this thread, any such usage is fucking retarded and has no bearing on if a character is written badly or not.

>who is perfect at everything.
Not kirito.

>a harem,
Three girls, where two of them have basically given up, is now a harem?

And when did having a harem make you "perfect"?

>Sinon is a world renowned GGO player and can't even come near his bullet cutting level.
Because she hasn't had 2+ years of near constant swinging around of a sword?
Hurr durrr?

>Nobody in new ALO can use Skill Connect and Skill Blast besides him.
Unconfirmed.

>In the original SAO he soloed a raid boss
> which shouldn't be possible.

Yeah, I'm done responding to you.
You are clueless.
>>
File: 1389568837633.jpg (306.19 KB, 1000x1232)
306.19 KB
306.19 KB JPG
>>101150602
I wonder how they gonna do S3? I mean it's five volume, are they gonna cram it or split it?

> tfw they drop it
>>
>Nobody in new ALO can use Skill Connect and Skill Blast besides him.
>Unconfirmed.
Name one beside him
>>
File: S2.png (31.15 KB, 856x387)
31.15 KB
31.15 KB PNG
Reminder
>>
>>101150940

Asuna
>>
>>101150756
>delayed his death
That was just his accelerated perception...

Everything else is spot-on.

>>101150853
>Unconfirmed.
No one in ALO even knew it was possible until he cut a bunch of spells.

>In the original SAO he soloed a raid boss
Why aren't you responding to this? The boss had nearly all its health, and Kirito solo'd it.
>>
Hey LNfags, on which websites do you read your LN's?
Baka-tsuki isn't always too great, and I was wondering if there were others out there.
>>
>>101150853
You telling me that I have no idea what I'm talking about seems like a joke.
Especially from the things you answered.
>>
>>101150969
Asuna said she gave up trying to do this.
So now.
>>
>>101151022
tap
>>
>>101151062
Could you link please, this is pretty unclear.
>>
>>101151022
Translator sites and BT.
E-reader most of the time; if there is no epub, I simply whip one up real quick.
>>
>>101151022
If you want to read Volume 1-6, you'll have to find the PDFs (which often use incorrect name spellings)
volume 13 is up on the Translator's blog, (taptaptaptaptap.net)
>>
>>101150986
>No one in ALO even knew it was possible until he cut a bunch of spells.

You mean nobody in ALO broadcasted to everyone that they know how to do this.
The author has used kirito as an unreliable narrator numerous times in the past, you can't make assumptions like this.

>Why aren't you responding to this?
Because he didn't have "nearly all his health" he was down something like 1/4 of his HP.

Secondly, kirito, along with all the front line players, are MASSIVELY over leveled, this is like walking into a WoW dungeon 20 levels later and expecting a major challange.

Ontop of that, he went balls to the wall offensive, with zero skill or attempt at self preservation. He effectively waked in and started spamming attack buttons wildly and without reason.

If anything, him "soloing this boss" is a demonstration of how his skill didn't play a huge roll in half of what he did, only his stats acquired from his autistic level of grinding. Which is, you know, one of his few actual good points.

>>101151032
You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>101151111
http://www.taptaptaptaptap.net
baka-tsuki is still good for vol. 06 and onward
>>
>>101151123
>>101151122
Thanks a bunch.
And post numbers right after each other.
>>
>>101151168
The novel says the boss had more than 2 thirds of his health left. No one should be able to take out 2 thirds of a boss monster's health, alone.
This wasn't even the floor of a lower level. This was the TOP floor at the time. It's NOTHING Like going to a dungeon 20 levels underneath you.
>>
>>101151340
>The novel says the boss had more than 2 thirds of his health left.
So he had even lower HP then I thought, good.

> No one should be able to take out 2 thirds of a boss monster's health, alone.
Source?
Where are you pulling this trash from?

>It's NOTHING Like going to a dungeon 20 levels underneath you.
Except, you know.
The part where everyone massively over levels before going to the boss.
To the point that there had not been a single death to a boss for god knows how many floors.

Pretty sure kirito was around the range of 10-20 levels above the floor, if not 30 (Wasn't he around level 90 by now? and this was a 74ish floor?)
>>
>>101151251
Oh and one more question, how did you come across his blog?
>>
>>101151443
>So he had even lower HP then I thought, good.
>>101151168
>Because he didn't have "nearly all his health" he was down something like 1/4 of his HP.
>>
>>101151443
There's about a 7 level difference between Kirito and Klein (with Asuna between that).

How is it that Kirito can solo a boss, that all three of them can't fight together?
How is 1 player better than a 20-man raid party?
>>
I thought this was a Rance thread at first glace and that OP posted Kenshin
>>
>>101151473
That;s what I'd like to know, cause I still read in Baka-Tsuki till now
>>
I only see Shinon and trap doujinshis coming out of this
>>
>>101151473
>>101151655
I know I found it through baka-tsuki. The SAO project page has a link to display users who translated.
On Tap's User page, he links to his site.
http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Registration_Page
http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=User:Tap
>>
>>101151577
>How is it that Kirito can solo a boss, that all three of them can't fight together?
Because they are focusing on self-preservation and skill.
Not to mention they were told to hold it off, so they were likely playing HIGHLY defensively.

As I already said, kirito went balls to the wall retard, no skill, no attempt at self preservation. He won by pure luck combined with his autistic-tier skill to grind out levels.

Also, the "raid party" that went in before was filled with retards with shit gear, no experience, and were probably underleveld.

>>101151516
Whoops, read that as 2/3.
Whatever, the exact values are not all that important, we don't have numbers for anything else other then this bosses % HP.
>>
>>101151709
>SAO S2 came too late for Abgrund to draw Trap Kirito
>>
>>101151751
That's really usefull, thanks.
Now I'm on my way from anime only pleb to glorious LN overlord.
>>
>>101151834
And yet, in the very next floor boss, it took an hour, for a raid party of experienced clearers to barley clear the boss, and they suffered 14 casualties.
And mind you, unlike with "The Army," (who were likely under-leveled like you said, seeing as they usually stayed in the lower floors), the Frontline players were all around Kirito's level (or at least within 10 levels of him) and all had the best gear, and best items.
>>
>>101145385
When does this air? Spring?
>>
>>101152050
x25 floor bosses (25,50,75,100) are special and are numerous times harder then the other bosses. IIRC (The number is likely wrong), the bosses was compared to a mid 90 level boss.

Did you even read the novels?
>>
>>101151975
I'm gonna draw more Frodo SAO style
By the time it aired you should be able to face him. See you later fag
>>
>>101152115

LOL.
>>
>>101152115
I'll be ready.
>>
The only reason I could sit through SAO was because I was sick and operating at 50% mental capacity. At least the art and animation were pretty.

Second half wasn't even that bad, I thought the villain was compelling. I DIDN'T like how the author reused the NTR plot element/motivation over and over again after that in the novels. Very annoying.

The only reason to watch S2 as it airs is if you're extremely bored and have nothing better to do or watch. If you're actually excited for it, you have shit taste and are probably illiterate.
>>
>>101151834
He killed a raid boss, with only 1 slash to get its attention, one block, and then executed his 16-hit skills.

Meaning, he took ~2/3 of its HP with 1 hit and 1 skill.

>Asuna was fighting with the demon, and within just a few seconds her HP had already gone below the halfway mark and turned yellow.
And this is what happened to Asuna while she was keeping it busy together with Klein for a few seconds.

He killed a raid boss withing seconds, no matter how unique his dual wield skill is, even if he is 10-20 levels above, it's simply stupid and overpowered.

>My skills and equipment were far from those of a tank.
And he has light armor just like Asuna and got hit several times.

Just wanted to throw this in, I don't feel like joining your conversation it all.
>>
>>101152093
So you're saying that for the next 24 floor, Kirito, or any other player with him could have solo'd each boss..?

Why do you think they bother to amass raid-parties in the first place? And why do you think they don't just send a single party in, or something?

Because bosses aren't meant to be fought solo. Not even by over-leveled players. The point of Dual Wielding is literally to make him over-powered. Kayaba himself said that the one with Dual Wielding would be the player to challenge the final boss. It was a skill designed to fight the last boss...
Is there anything more OP?
>>
Trap Kirito getting gang raped by faceless men when?
>>
File: 1389913818758.jpg (222.51 KB, 720x480)
222.51 KB
222.51 KB JPG
SAO was better than Log Horizon is.
>>
>>101152385

Bait?
>>
>>101152259
>Meaning, he took ~2/3 of its HP with 1 hit and 1 skill.

This isn't evidence of gary stu, just the author having no concept of game balancing.
Bitch about that if you want, but there is nothing unrealistic about kirito managing to win this fight.

>even if he is 10-20 levels above,
You don't play many MMO's, do you?
And again, I'm pretty sure he was in his 90's by the time he went into the fight, and he ended the game somewhere around there as well.
>>
>>101152565
No shit, why did you even respond to it?
>>
Why isn't there a SAO MMO? It would actually be really awesome.
>>
>>101152278
> or any other player with him could have solo'd each boss..?
Assuming no level cap so they could constantly overgrind and completely out level every boss, and if the player had any semblance of skill? Probably.

It's hard to say for sure, going all out as kirito did may just simply be a really good tactic if death is not on your list of concerns, but we have no way of knowing.

>Why do you think they bother to amass raid-parties in the first place?
To absolutely prevent deaths.

Having players die, even only 1 or so per floor, trying to kill the boss would be a huge hit to the clearing party. You can't afford to lose people at even a "slow" rate like that when you have 100 floors to clear.

>Because bosses aren't meant to be fought solo
The SAO bosses are significantly weaker then the neo SAO bosses, which gets killed by a party of 5/6 people without over-leveling.
Seriously, stop making shit up.

>The point of Dual Wielding is literally to make him over-powered
We have no idea how he compares to the average same-level player.
for all we know DW gives a 10% increase to damage output at best.
We don't fucking know.

>. Kayaba himself player to challenge the final boss.
Because said player WOULD have an edge over other players (DW) and ontop of that they are the player with the fastest reaction time.
The unique skills were handed out to make "hero" players to lead the charge up the tower. Not specifically fight the last boss.
>>
>>101145385
Probably on gaia or MAL.
>>
>>101152577
>there is nothing unrealistic about kirito managing to win this fight.
This. It can't be unrealistic, it's a game within a novel. The game might be stupidly unbalanced, but i'd say having a completely balanced MMORPG is more unrealistic than soloing a boss. I've seen bosses soloed in MMORPGs before, but a game being balanced at release? noway that's going to happen.
>>
>>101152565
No, just my opinion, Log Horizons pacing is horrendous and the characters are even flatter and develop less than in SAO.
Not saying SAO is a great anime either but we all know /a/ hates it fr becoming "too" popular.

Same thing that happened with TTGL and recently happened to SnK.
>>
>>101152630
Because MMOs are only good in theory.
>>
>>101152630
No, no it wouldn't.
As a VRMMO, maybe.
As an actual MMO it doesn't seem that good. It's only a little interesting due to the large world-progressing system that is climbing the tower, but that would be pointless once player reach the top floor.
And that likely wouldn't take long, if you don't need to worry about death, you can just throw your corpse at the boss until your party figures out how to beat it.

Other then that, there is pretty much nothing unique to SAO.

Now, ALO with its auto-generated quest system, that sounds great.
But I haven't seen anything like that ever done well before, and I doubt it is feasible with our current level of technology.
>>
>>101152737
Only because they attract the worst kind of people. Many reasonable people on /a/ like those shows you listed, they just choose not to talk about it.
>>
>>101152630
See this: >>101152753

To make a great MMO like what we want SAO to be it would take quite the money. A half-assed budget project would just die out. Blizzard or someone big would need to make it, but we all know Blizzard would fuck it up way too hard.
>>
>>101152871

What if your level and gear went back to 1 and default when you died though?
>>
>>101152910
Then I would just play EvE online, at least that has more interesting concepts then "Get to the top of the tower guys!"

Seriously, there is nothing unique about SAO in the MMO department other then the climb, but that itself isn't enough to make the game good.

SAO would be better off as a DnD or something like that, not an actually MMO.
>>
>>101152873
>Only because they attract the worst kind of people.

Arguable, I find EVA fags who discuss the same shit after 15 years way more annoying, same goes for the fan base of shows like Strike Witches.
>>
>>101152871

What if you got banned if you got killed ingame?
>>
>>101152995
Nobody would play the game.
>>
>>101152995
>Lets make a game that throws out our costumers so that eventually no one plays our game because they are all banned (except that one asian guy)
>>
>>101152652
Not saying it's unrealistic. I'm saying that it's proof that Dual Wielding is literally meant to make him overpowered and special.
SAO's complete game design shows this, and it pretty much fits, seeing as Kayaba wanted to create a fantasy world and story, where he is the villain, and is eventually defeated by the hero.

Dual Wielding is MEANT to be overpowered. And while that in itself doesn't make it bad writing, the fact that the story often focuses on him being special IS bad writing. It would have been better if the other 6 Unique Skills unlocked at the same time as Kirito's Dual Wielding.
>>
>>101153193
Was it ever mentioned what the other 6 unique skills were?
>>
>>101152966
DnD style SAO would be fucking great.
But I can only imagine how shitty SAO would be as an actual MMO.
Just imagine that other people farm all the guys and get all the boss equipment, and you're just there, left behind, not in the front group, and the only thing you could do would be some shitty profession.
>>
>>101153265
There should 8 others, and their names are never mentioned in the LN.
>>
>>101153193
>I'm saying that it's proof that Dual Wielding is literally meant to make him overpowered and special.
But you have no proof of that
We just went over this.

>and is eventually defeated by the hero.
The heroes*

>Dual Wielding is MEANT to be overpowered.
It is meant to be unique and put him above other players, but we have no idea by how much.

As I stated, for all we know, he had 10% more damage output then the average player and took a hit to defense.
We know almost nothing about his DW skills, additional stats, etc.

>>101153265
During the web-novel era, there was a little "ask the characters" thing, and we were given a list of names for them.
No idea if that remained canon or not.

You should be able to dig it up on the wiki.
>>
>>101152995

I'm lolling so hard right now. My sides.
>>
File: 1372674755263.gif (559.56 KB, 262x200)
559.56 KB
559.56 KB GIF
Wow this thread is full of neckbeards.
>>
>>101153265
4 out of 8 (Turns out it was 10 total skills, my bad) of them were named in a sort of "Q&A" with the characters, back when SAO was still a webnovel.
Darkness Blade, Battoujutsu, Shurikenjutsu, and Infinite Spear.

>>101153347
Being able to kill a Raid boss with 1 move is putting him above other players by a LOT.
>>
>>101146841
Yeah, it was more like deep friendship most of the way through.
>>
>>101153510
>with 1 move is putting him above other players by a LOT.
You say this based off of what logic?
>>
>>101149623
I just hope this isn't final.
This is horrible.
>>
File: yui pocket.gif (1.19 MB, 480x270)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
Will it have Yui?
>>
>>101152991
In case you didn't know, there used to be an Eva general, up until 3.33 came out. But yes, Eva discussions tend to be quite annoying, even though I'm a fan of it myself. It just ends in giant paragraphs of quoting and more words and argumentation and speculation.
It's a real mess.
>>
>>101153540
Only some stupid scenes with Asuna will have her.
Glad she will be missing most of the time.
>>
>>101153540

Please tell me Yui is fucking done after ALO.

Worst piece of fuck ever in an anime. Completely ruined S1.
>>
File: 1349974792309.jpg (30.10 KB, 213x268)
30.10 KB
30.10 KB JPG
>>101153510
>Darkness Blade
>>
>>101153536
Based on the fact that several parties are needed to fight a raid boss, normally, and these fights aren't over in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>101153540
No

For the most part, the only time we see anyone other then kirito and sinon will be a handful of scenes (4 total, I think?) where the view switches to asuna and co. watching the tournament that kirito is in.
Without knowing he is in it, because he looks like a girl.

>>101153632
> are needed to fight a raid boss,
>needed
Are used != are needed

Also, we see no other boss fights other then floor 1, 74, and 75.
We have no idea how quickly the average boss dies. We don't even have proper numbers on how many people take part. Only that no deaths have occurred during one for ages.
>>
>>101153620
Probably meant to be a counter to Heathcliff's Holy Sword.
>>
>>101153510
Something like ''Infinity Spear'' sounds a lot more interesting than just ''Dual Wield'' that the MC was given. Why couldn't the author give the MC an interesting power?
>>
NOOOOOO.
No god please no.
>>
>>101153589
I didn't hate her, but the parts in S1 involving her were kinda boring.
>>
File: 1387825029210.jpg (123.94 KB, 700x453)
123.94 KB
123.94 KB JPG
MFW the author admits he doesn't know shit about how guns work in the author's note.
>>
>>101153743
Pretty sure he only admitted to making the occasional mistake.
>>
I wish I could hate SAO out of existence.
>>
File: Worth a grin.png (247.55 KB, 930x720)
247.55 KB
247.55 KB PNG
>>101153705
Because then they would need to be creative.
>>
File: 1351733497481.jpg (39.56 KB, 192x220)
39.56 KB
39.56 KB JPG
>>101153743
>yfw the author wrote this shit when he was like 13 and yet there are faggots on /a/ actively defending it
>>
>>101153799

Faggot.
>>
>>101145385
If the SAO hate stays at at least three tenths in every thread, it won't be that painful
Remember to always say that it's shit
>>
>>101153845

It must be good since everyones seen it. ;)
>>
>>101153808
He was 28. Though, he never had any experience writing, so yeah. May as well be 13. (though, he was apparently apart of some doujinshi groups before writing SAO.)
>>
>>101153932
Going by that logic, your mom must be the hottest woman since everyone fucked her
>>
>>101153675
The 3rd floor boss was exactly 53 minutes long. And the 2nd floor boss was longer than that.
>>
>>101145385
that lack of trigger discipline
kirito a shit
>>
>>101154010
Is /ak/ going to love or hate it?
>>
>>101153932
I'm saying the lack of hate lets fanbases grow, fucktard
>>
>>101153808
>Still spouting this false bullshit well over a year since it has been debunked

>>101153995
Now account for them learning how to effectively deal with bosses, the establishing of dedicated boss clearing groups, and them eventually deciding to massively over level every single floor before even bothering with the boss.
>>
File: 1370394772932.jpg (40.19 KB, 400x388)
40.19 KB
40.19 KB JPG
>>101153971

I sense you are angry. Why so angry /a/non?
>>
>>101154052
>I'm saying the lack of hate lets fanbases grow,
That is a problem?
Are you really so petty that you hate a show so much that you don't even want to let other people like it?
Are you 12?
>>
ITT: Faggots actually defending SAO
>>
This is a /v/-tier thread.
>>
>>101154116

It's an [spoilers]dece[/spoilers] show. Not good, not bad. [spoilers]Dece[/spoilers].
>>
Why haven't you all read Alicization?
>>
>>101154102
I just don't want /a/ to turn into /v/ that's all
>>
>>101153743
I bet the GuP author didn't know anything about tanks before, but guess what, he studied about it before writing a story.
>>
>>101154102
It's like you didn't even see what SnK did to this board, just to make a recent example.
You can like it, but if liking it means you ruin the board, you can't say you liked it.
>>
>>101154152

So it's a great thread? /v/ >>>>>> /a/
>>
>>101154238
If /v/ is so good, then how come you're here?
>>
>>101154171
not good enough to make people delude themselves
>>
>>101154238
Oh man your post made me chuckle. You're pretty good at this whole ''funposting'' deal, anon. You should try stand up comedy some time
>>
>>101154194
>I just don't want /a/ to turn into /v/ that's all
You mean that board where it is so common to absolutely hate and shit on every video game other then the specific ones you like that the board turned to shit?
Yeah, looks like you are trying to replicate that here.

>>101154221
>It's like you didn't even see what SnK did to this board
Nothing?
The only problem with SnK was the shitposting hatebase that kicked it into full throttle before the show even began.
Same shit happened with KlK this season. Same shit happened with GC awhile back. Same shit with madoka.

The hatebase is ALWAYS worse then the fanbase, it is a bunch of knee-jerk reacting fucktards who view one thing as potentially bad, and then they proceed to make the situation 10 times worse by trying to "fix" it by shitposting.
>>
>>101154221
>You can like it, but if liking it means you ruin the board, you can't say you liked it.

Moeshit ruins this board on a daily basis more than SnK or SAO could ever hope to do.
>>
>>101154199
And that's the difference between GuP author and SAO author.
>>
>>101154374
Right. All I got from your post is that you're one delusional parasite. I hope you die soon
>>
>>101154199
>>101154417
Except the SAO author didn't do anything notably bad with his guns.
The biggest "Complaint" I have ever seen about his usage of guns is related to the bullet velocity and the ability for players to dodge/cut bullets.

>>101154453
>I-I-I-I'm not shitposting, I'm saving /a/, I swear!
>>
>>101154059
I guess we'll see in the next 3 in and a half decades, while we wait for SAOP to be published.
>>
>>101154399
But anon, /a/ is BUILT on what you call ''moeshit''. Read your comment one more time, and think about what you've just said. If it come to be that you do really believe that, I think /a/ is not the place for you.
>>
>>101154497
You say like cutting bullets is a minimal error.
>>
>>101145385
That was Sawashiro, right? Damn her English is good.
>>
>>101154497
And that ''complaint'' is pretty fucking huge. You fucking think cutting bullets is not a big deal? What the hell are you smoking, man.
Not only do you mindlessly defend SAO, you're also cancer. Who would have thought?
>>
>>101154497
>>101154538
Well it's a video game. The developers likely slowed the bullets down considerably from real guns, so that some players have a CHANCE to dodge.
>>
>>101154374
SnK was trolled from the beginning but it was only when tumblr arrived and the fanbase grew to be fucking cancerous that /a/ in general started to get sick of it. I don't think /a/ really hates KlK but it gets posted on /v/ too much. GC was hated by everyone from day one, that really was a hate bandwagon. Madoka was universally loved on /a/ from what I can remember.
>>
>>101154374
>The only problem with SnK was the shitposting hatebase that kicked it into full throttle before the show even began.
Wrong, the hate got noticeable only after 3 or 4 episodes. The amount of threads starting with something from tumblr, and 5 at once at that were a bother though.
And they attracted masses of /v/ users so big that they ended up being the majority of the board.
>>
The only hype is my dick hype for all the inevitable trap Kirito doujins. I await them with a bated dick.
>>
>>101154152
People arguing about something while both sides haven't touched the subject beyond youtube reviews?
>>
>>101154538
It is a minimal error.
This is a game, you don't need to keep bullet velocity equivalent to reality.
They want players to be able to dodge bullets if they are skilled, as can be seen with the addition of bullet prediction lines.

>>101154608
see above.
I can't believe that /a/ is complaining about cutting bullets when the characters have what is effectively super powers when inside the game.

This isn't some fuck off the street grabbing a sword and cutting down bullets during a drive by.
>>
>>101154683
>Wrong, the hate got noticeable only after 3 or 4 episodes.
Thanks for proving you don't actually post on /a/.
We had threads made nearly every hour with blatant shitposting OP's for SnK, nearly immediately after the announcement was made.

>>101154643
>Madoka was universally loved on /a/ from what I can remember.
The hatebase was mostly beat into the ground because madoka was one of the top shows for the year, hands down.
But god damn if the vocal little fuckers didn't try to shit on everything.
>>
>>101154600
Yeah, that's Sawashiro.

For those interested in how she'll sound playing Sinon, you can see this video. I believe she comes in at about 15 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-jEJqWlZk
>>
>>101154521
>But anon, /a/ is BUILT on what you call ''moeshit''

No, it's really not, I hope you know that waifus and liking moe started out as a joke that newfags later on took seriously and has evolved into what we see on /a/ today.
Kind of like how HFY threads on /tg/ started out as jokes but later on were turned full retard racist by newfags.
>>
>>101154787
Ooh, nice. Reminds me of Celty. I fucking miss Celty.
>>
>>101154714
That's an interesting theory, but until you provide source for the author explaining that's the way the game worked, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>101154962
>Is a viable, entirely possible, explanation for why players can dodge bullets
>is consistent with in-universe laws, and is supported by the implementation of the bullet trajectory lines

>NUH-UH DEY HAVE TO SPEL IT OUT TO US OR IT ISN'T TRUE AND ITS A PLOT HOLE XDDDDD
>>
>>101154856
You're full of shit. /a/ has always wanted to be the little girl.
>>
>>101154962
Why else would all guns produce a laser, that predicts the path that a bullet will travel, as you're about to shoot..?
>>
>>101155015
for dodging, not for cutting purposes
>>
>>101154538
It's a video game.

Calm down.
>>
>>101154962
You can go eat a bag of dicks, now you're just being obnoxious.
Nobody wants a call of duty mmo, where you die when somebody encounters you while you aren't facing them.
>>
>>101154643
Nothing is universally loved on /a/. You should take your nostalgia goggles off about Madoka since it had a decent hatebase during airing. It's only better now because no one cares too much to criticize it.

The closest we got to universal love was Code Geass, but that was because of mass hysteria and hype.
>>
>>101155013
Except it was a joke/banter back in the day, not serious. Moefags are to /a/ what ponyfags are to /co/ only that moefags don't keep to their containment board /jp/.
>>
>>101155121
Yes. The bullets are dodgeable. So why not save some energy, and position a "photon sword" in the path of said bullets instead?

If you can dodge them, then shouldn't you be able to block them to some degree?
>>
>>101155015
Because Kawahara failed to research just how fast bullets actually move?
>>
>>101155143
Can we assume that GGO is more of a Planetside?
>>
>>101155188
Or you know, /a/ has always been full of these ''moefags''. It sounds to me that you're extremely biased so I'll just end this conversation here.
>>
>>101155189
>implying that's all it takes to cut said bullet
>>
It kills me a little when i see these threads with more than 50 posts.
>>
>>101155206
You know this is a video game, within a fictional novel, right?
Since when to video game physics adhere to the real world?

If you're complaining about bullets not moving as fast as they do in real life, why don't you complain about how Asuna ran several KM, in SAO, in a matter of minutes..?

>>101155295
It's a video game. The bullets probably disintegrate like everything else, on contact.
>>
>>101155265
Never played it.
>>
Dance neckbeards DANCE!!!
>>
>>101155189
That's not a problem for one bullet.

But he was predicting their trajectory and cut only the ones that would hit a critical are from an automatic gun.

Cutting 3 bullets and predicting out of a bunch which ones would actually hit while running towards them is a different story.
>>
>>101155265
but its not, while pvp is a focus GGO does have a large set of pve options(quests, monster hunting, ect) unlike planetside
>>
>>101155206
Every game should be as realistic as possible?
How full of shit can you be?
>>
>>101155357
>probably

it probably might not either, cant really tell
>>
>>101155447
>does not have
>>
>>101155449
Considering the VR accounts for gravity and such on the bullets, yeah.
>>
You lot should really calm down a little.
>>
>>101155562

Who is this badass and is SAO back?
>>
>>101155009
That does not explain why the author had to apologize for some fuck-up
>>
>>101155611
>badass
Nah, he's a huge faggot who gives up right at the final boss and switches sides.

He's going to die and I'm going to feel good when he does.
>>
>>101155634
Because he is Japanese.
He wrote a fucking page long apology about retconing a single nearly irrelevant asuna said about not going to a specific shop with kirito before.

Not a damn person would have even realized that if it wasn't for his apology.
>>
>>101155611
Eugeo.
No, still Alicization.
>>
>>101155518
Ofcourse movement based things should be realistic, but when good virtual reality would come out in the real world, I doubt you would play "real life simulator".
>>
>>101155611
A dead man.
>>
>>101155443
Kirito's Super-human reflexes at work?

In the books, he often ends up seeing everything in slow-mo (kinda)... From what I recall, he took note of which lines appeared first, and blocked the ones that would hit vital spots, in that order.

>>101155518
It also accounts for the wind. The game may have a lot of realistic calculations and such, that doesn't mean everything will be as realistic.

>>101155611
Eugeo. Kirito's student, who was brain-washed and gained the powers of the Jedi For--- I mean, "Incarnate Arm" (Cue and explanation from AW fans)
>>
>>101155611
Gawain.
>>
File: pic197.jpg (173.21 KB, 812x1200)
173.21 KB
173.21 KB JPG
>>101155694
Can't really blame him, there was a bit too much PLOT for him to handle.
>>
>>101155447
I meant more in a combat way?
>>
>>101155755
Wouldn't Lancelot be more accurate?
>>
>>101155694
What the fuck man.
Utilize the fucking spoiler text.
>>
>>101155792
Power of soft pls
>>
File: KiritoSinonMotor.png (616.42 KB, 600x450)
616.42 KB
616.42 KB PNG
>>101155823
Does Planetside have Robot horses you can chase down your enemies on?

>hoping pic-related gets animated
>>
>>101155994
That's a pretty crucial point of the LN.
It will get animated.
>>
>>101155994
Kirito looks so fucking girly Jesus Christ I hope C87 is full of trap Kirito doujins.
>>
>>101155994

SAO2 BEST ANIME OF 2014!!! CALLING IT!!
>>
>>101155994
By the way, does anyone know where to get this poster? Need more Sinon&Trap Kirito on my wall.

>>101156075
Kirito was always described as being feminine in the novel. GGO he just got an upgrade.
>>
>>101156075
Too bad they ruined his anime design and just made him look like his IRL self with longer hair.

Probably won't even bother giving him a female-sounding voice either.
>>
>>101156075
You like trap Kirito? You want to see him in the anime? Too bad. His voice will stay the same and he'll just have longer hair.
>>
>>101156211

If they give him a female voice im fucking done.
>>
>>101156279
>If they have consistency with the novels, I'm done
Why?
Do you hate good things?
>>
>>101156279
>>101156279
Him having a female-sounding voice was sort of critical to the plot of GGO.

Otherwise, you know, Sinon and everybody else wouldn't have mistaken him for a girl even after he opens his mouth.

The best solution would be for his VA to do a trap voice but I doubt he could pull one off as well as Fukuyama Jun.
>>
>>101156399

Cause the girly shit is ruining SAO.
>>
>>101156437
>ruining
You mean saving this piece of shit?
>>
>>101156501
>Cause the girly shit is ruining SAO.

Fuck you. Anime has been going downhill since like fucking 2004 because of all this girly moe shit now days. Fuck all of that. Fuck everything. Just give us back our solid action animes with good story lines. We dont want fucking cutesy girly schoolgirl shit.

Why the fuck do you think SnK is the best anime of the past 10 years? Because its the first thing even remotely close to not all this fucking moe shit.

So before you tell me girly moe shit is saving anime. Rethink your fucking statement you fucking fuck. FUCK!!!
>>
File: 1371426505789.png (13.21 KB, 500x461)
13.21 KB
13.21 KB PNG
>>101156612
>>
File: img-character-sora.png (361.66 KB, 742x730)
361.66 KB
361.66 KB PNG
>>101156399
I'm pretty sure he can pull it of.
His range isn't that bad.

He's voicing Sora as well, this should be interesting.
>>
File: 1384482057303.gif (302.37 KB, 650x366)
302.37 KB
302.37 KB GIF
>>101156612
>Why the fuck do you think SnK is the best anime of the past 10 years?

You could have led me on far longer if you actually put some effort in.
>>
>>101156612

Holy smokes, calm your jimmies.
>>
>>101147439
It happened in Baccano, but Baccano was great.
>>
>>101156612
>SnK
>best anime of the decade

0/10
>>
File: 1371426287770.jpg (66.38 KB, 509x572)
66.38 KB
66.38 KB JPG
>>101156612
>>
>>101155792
I CAN blame him, seriously fuck him. How do you get that far and be THAT weak willed? It's SO out of left field that I'm left disappointed and I EXPECTED absolute shit from this retarded author.
>>
>>101156894

Name one thats better you casual.
>>
>>101156612
>Just give us back our solid action animes with good story lines.

This, wasted potential in anime tick me off something fierece.
Sora no Woto had amazing potential but was played out as yet another "cute girls doing cute things" show, made me mad as fuck.
>>
SAO is just a poor man's Log Horizon
>>
>>101156501
Not him but this concept of gender bending and emphasizing the female sex is getting old. People love to assume KlK is good because both of the main characters that are would be male roles are switched to females. Instantly making it better.
>>
>>101156959

My bro! Seriously I agree completely.
>>
Why the fuck is it still called SAO if they're using guns?
>>
Not sure who is trolling who in this thread
>>
>>101157113

Lol I know the feeling.
>>
>>101157145
Aaaaaaaand enjoy your ban
>>
>>101156992
>traps
>>
>>101154683
>The only problem with SnK was the shitposting hate base that kicked it into full throttle before the show even began.
Couldn't agree with this more. SnK threads were fine. The worst thing about each one was when some ass pained anon came in and desperately tried to shit on it because they were pissed at how big and successful it was becoming.
>>
I still believe in Eugeo. Eugeo is a good boy. He'll snap out of it, I'm sure!
>>
>>101145458
i want to fuck kirito boypussy
>>
>>101157474
>midclash with Kirito
>snaps out of it
>Kirito heavily injures him
>Alice kills him while he's down
>>
>>101156939
I'm pretty sure he did this, to get rid of all the people who were spoiling SAO from the Web Novel.

I mean, up until now, the plot mirrored the Web Novel (though, there is always those minor changes here and there. Like how the Web Novel talks a LOT more about Administrator's boobs, or how Vector God's backstory chapter was removed in the LN.
>>
>>101156957
Steins gate, madoka, shinsekai yori.
>>
>>101157029
Wow, that's some samefagging you're doing there.
>>
File: Typical LN Author.png (78.81 KB, 249x333)
78.81 KB
78.81 KB PNG
I cannot wait for Sword Art Online 5 where Kirito has to develop his very own MMO using his telepathic abilities and super speed he gained from all his MMO playing and input from his 500 harem members so that he can save the world from an alien invasion. Then at the end he settles down and becomes a LN writer and MMO developer that is loved by the entire world (and several alien worlds, including an alien queen that is in love with him after he defeated her in an MMO).
>>
>>101157864
I would be so hyped.
>>
>>101154643
>I don't think /a/ really hates KlK
Because klk isn't that big anywhere else but here. I lurk other anime community's and they do not really talk about it that much. They treat it like an average show or maybe a slightly above average. 2chan discussions for klk are just at 50 threads, so Japan isn't making a big deal about, mal hasn't latched onto it. It's barely sitting at an 8. Almost a 7. And if you know anything about their shitty rating you would know if it's not an 8.20 or higher they don't really like it.
So the reason klk isn't getting shit on as much is because it's not a show making a big name for itself honestly. Culture saving fags don't see a reason to attack it since it's not doing much.
>>
>>101157864
Dandelion I am so sick of your shit
>>
>>101157674
Good, he deserves it.

>>101157864
Don't joke about that man.
>>
>>101158016
Wasn't it like the number 4 seller of last season?
>>
File: 1388547436913.jpg (194.20 KB, 1024x574)
194.20 KB
194.20 KB JPG
>416 posts
>no sinon butt
>>
>>101158194

That pussy...
>>
>>101158176
All the shows from fall aren't out. It will be like 5 or it will fall out of the top 5 after all sells are out.

Vol 2 is barely over 5k. And it comes out next week. So you are looking at a 5-6k average. Not bad. Just slightly above average.
>>
File: Fizel.png (694.93 KB, 409x687)
694.93 KB
694.93 KB PNG
All this Alicization talk, and no one talking about best girl?
>>
>>101145385
I've seriously seen cereal boxes with more creative and original character designs than Sword Shart Online.
>>
>>101158381
>implying Alice is not best girl
>>
>>101158570
Anon pls
>>
>>101158570
>implying a little girl that cuts people's heads off for fun, isn't hot as hell.
>>
>>101158771
Jake go buy some more yaoi and get fucked in the ass by Iku. Asuna a shit.
>>
>>101145385
Typical franchise. Making an FPS game. Stick to MMO's crazy scientist.
>>
>>101159138
TPSMMORPGs are the way of the future.
>>
>>101159277
Well we do have Planetside 2 now.
>>
>>101147968
Is Gunz 2 any good?
>>
>>101153589
Yui has almost no screentime at all in s2. She won't even be in GGO.
>>
>>101159018
>get fucked in the ass by Iku
Change it to Hiei, and you got yourself a deal. Asuna a lovely.

In all seriousness, all girls a lovely. Some are just more lovely than others.
>>
>>101159848
Waiting for Nurse Aki rape doujins with Aki doing the raping
>>
>>101146378
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcco_K6U1aQ
>>
Season 3, I can see all the Yaoi doujins.
>>
>>101160688
It's going to be nothing but Kirito and Asuna vanilla again, with a couple trap Kirito on the side.
>>
>>101158194
/a/ can hate all they want on SAO, but Sinon is the best heroine out there.
>>
>>101161461
When Season 3 is airing? There's no Asuna in the arc after the events of Season 2 (unless Season 2 is only 1 cour.)
It'll be all Kirito & Eugeo, with a touch of Alice, and maybe some other girls.
>>
So eh, anyone knows why volume 1-6 english aren't on Baka-Tsuki anymore?
>>
>>101161791
>There's no Asuna in the arc after the events of Season 2
Hmmm? Who do you think is driving the events in the real world while Kirito is busy being braindead?

>>101161461
Sounds great. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>101161868
Yen Press licensed SAO. So they've been removing the early books of SAO, one by one. By the time YenPress releases Volume 1, they'll remove everything else.
>>
>>101161941
Too bad - got any good place to read them? well, volume 6+ only - that's where i left off long ago - this thread made me want to finish it
>>
>>101161868
as I understand it, they are being printed in english, and a copyright claim was made to remove them. don't know why just those ones though

I'm quite annoyed, because I had just finished volume 1!
>>
>>101162038
Did you even TRY looking at B-T?
>>
>>101162068
I feel you, I'm at the climax at volume 6, and Phantom Bullet is by faaaar my favorite, so it's pretty damn annoying.
>>
>>101162038
You'll have to find PDFs scattered around the internet. Or maybe look up internet archives of Baka Tsuki...?

>>101162068
Actually, they're removing the books BEFORE a copyright claim can be made. They don't like getting into legal disputes and shit.
>>
>>101162137
at least you can own it in english soon
>>
>>101162242
I don't care much for owning things, as I rarely read the same stuff twice..
>>
File: Sinon bang.png (1.82 MB, 1500x1400)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>101162284
do it for Sinon
>>
>>101162242
>soon
3 books a year, when they'll already be 14 books behind, means it'll be 4 years or so before they even reach the current location. (And Alicization isn't even near completion..)

If Tap gets a C&D notice now, most of use will be stuck on a 4-5 year cliffhanger...
>>
>>101162317
You Sinon convinced me. Unfortunately, there is no way it's going to be available in any store (in my country atleast) - so I'll have to pay double to get it send here...
>>
>>101162428
This made me really sad.
>>
>>101162428
Why haven't you learned Japanese yet?
>>
>>101162673
I'N TRYING YOU FUCKIN NGR! DON'T RUSH ME!

No seriously, I am trying (and I rarely ever try to do anything...)
>>
>>101162068
While looking for volume 6 I found a download to pdf volume 1-13, catch it while you can.

http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1198.0
>>
>>101162600
>You will never learn that Kirito's sword will be called Sword of The Night Sky (夜空の剣)
>>
>>101162739
>NGR
It's nigger. Just say it, you're on 4chan, nobody cares.

Are you taking a class? Or doing the DJT shit where you just grind kanji mindlessly and assume that's all you need to do.
>>
File: 1380980190112.jpg (120.49 KB, 487x510)
120.49 KB
120.49 KB JPG
>>101156612
I find it a bit sad that there are people who legitimately think like this. Humorous, nevertheless, and I can always have a good laugh off it.
>>
>>101162867
I want to take a class, but i'm not currently in a position to do so. I've gone by the DJT thread occasionally, but not often.
I learned Hiragana easily enough, (and I've sort of picked up Katakana, due to the repeated exposure, that comes with looking through the SAO raws for references. All that イングリッシュ)
Kanji.. intimidates me. So i've mostly been trying to casually memorize a few kanji at a time, while I try to focus on grammar and the like.
>>
>>101162862
Is it the happiest magical sword in the whole wide world?
>>
>>101163230
Swords with edgy names aren't supposed to be happy. They're supposed to be edgy.
>>
>>101163300
Nothing beats an edgy sword
>>
>>101163104
Download the Genki AND Yookoso textbooks. They should be easy to torrent.

Then you can follow the curriculum UC Irvine uses. It's really good. A class is always going to be best, but if you have to go it alone, following a good curriculum helps a lot. The first two years worth of classes cover almost all the grammar you need for hobby level japanese, but you'd need another year of business Japanese if you wanted to work there (for customs and keigo).

http://www.hnet.uci.edu/eastasian/japanese/class_websites/index.php
>>
>>101163336
Not to mention it's powered by the DARKNESS of its PAST 300 years of loneliness... Literally.
>>
>>101163410
I find it fun to think about how nips most likely won't be able to hear the difference in "edgy" and "ecchi".
>>
File: emo tree.jpg (37.98 KB, 350x240)
37.98 KB
37.98 KB JPG
>>101163300
But this sword is actually made from wood, and you know that wood comes from happy little trees.

>>101163410
>>
>>101146305
>>101145626

SAO1 part 1 isn't even good. It was meh, passable, a 5-6/10.

The frequent timeskips, Kirito gary-stuing it up, harem-bait that went nowhere and Asuna seriously ruined what could've been a really good anime.
>>
>>101163546
I find it fun to think about how monolingual Americans most likely don't know about glottal stops and can't hear them.
>>
>>101163578
Get lost, Jake - that's just what they tell you at Lumberschool so it doesn't feel like you're job is basically helping emo-trees cutting themselves...
>>
>>101163578
I wonder if in the LN, Reki's going to make it so Devine instrument level weapons have a mind of their own, and his sword is just going to be added to Kirito's harem.
>>
File: 1370536242554.jpg (131.98 KB, 1440x810)
131.98 KB
131.98 KB JPG
>>101157864
>filename
Sometimes I wish I was an LN writer, just so I could see what I fantasize about adapted.
>>
>>101163390
Thanks. I'll be sure to try that out.
>>
>>101163660
We can have tons of fun with how stupid 'muricans are, but that's not needed here. jokes about nips are very much needed here
>>
>>101163707
It's a poor harem really, several of the girls doesn't even want him in a tsundere way, and after 2 volumes they are mostly cast away.. Harems are supposed to keep adding girls, not taking them out of the story.
>>
>>101163390
Also, don't be scared of kanji. Just go through them as they're introduced in the textbooks. Write them each at least 10 times by hand, and write a sentence using the kanji. You should also start a journal in Japanese and use the kanji you learn in it.
>>
>>101146520
>Don't be so elitist

Sasuga anon, telling other anons to get rid of /a/ only weapon against normal faggotry.
>>
>>101163895
Yeah, it's not really a harem. I'm just joking with that term, but I can actually see something like this happening anyways. I would say it's amusing.

I mean, Alice at one point called her sword a "child", and i'm wondering if such a term was used in the Web novel.
>>
>>101163819
Jokes about nips go in /int/, where you can make fun of real live Japanese people in realtime.
>>
>>101164155
>I mean, Alice at one point called her sword a "child", and i'm wondering if such a term was used in the Web novel.

That sounds like one of those Japaneseisms that doesn't translate well.
>>
File: SAO13_036-037.jpg (382.32 KB, 2460x1770)
382.32 KB
382.32 KB JPG
>>101166671
この子……《金木犀の剣》 (2nd and 3rd line)

Dunno, seems pretty straight forward.. Though I guess it could have some other meaning behind it.
>>
File: really.jpg (33.35 KB, 251x242)
33.35 KB
33.35 KB JPG
The sad part about this is I'm going to see people who are too young to have played Dark Forces saying in every thread "you can't cut a bullet with a sword".
>>
>>101146520
Don't be so fucking retarded next time when the hype threads keep coming



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.