[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: image.jpg (15.22 KB, 260x180)
15.22 KB
15.22 KB JPG
What the fuck did they do to my Misato?

Yes I fucking mad.
>>
File: 646271.jpg (356.05 KB, 1200x1200)
356.05 KB
356.05 KB JPG
>>100755281
I remember when 2.0 ended. Such hope that they were fixing Eva, that it was hotblood and mindfuckery from here on out.

Just stop it. Stop paying attention. Stop caring. It's all bullshit. Rebuild is ruined. The power's gone to Anno's head and no one can say no when he makes bad decisions now. so just walk away.
>>
>>100755447
This. Holy shit.
>>
3.0 was shit. I regret not waiting until rebuild was finished to but the BDs
>>
File: 1388431764500.png (283.20 KB, 896x2600)
283.20 KB
283.20 KB PNG
every rebuild thread
>>
>>100755447
seriously, those 6 minutes leaked on youtube were such a promise...
>>
Should I hold off on watching 3.0 so I don't have to be all angsty and butthurt about whether or not it can be saved with 4.0?
>>
>>100756933
Just watch it. Otherwise you'll be waiting two years and won't get to fully participate in Eva threads. At this point, that's not really a bad thing though
>>
>>100757095
I'm just worried it'll be nothing but soft piano playing during fight scenes with no significant developments.
>>
Why were zero scenes from the preview in the actual movie? Did they start from scratch or something?
>>
ITT: Mad Reifags
>>
File: 1377793777040.png (882.75 KB, 2838x1703)
882.75 KB
882.75 KB PNG
>>100756382
Mari is awesome even if she did nothing in 3.33.
>>
>>100758189
Nah, Anno wanted to be DEEP by having all that happen off-screen.
>>
>>100758468
Mari was always fanservice filler. She is completely useless in these movies.
>>
>>100758468
>Mar is awesome
>for doing nothing at all

Ok.
>>
>>100759041
Ahhh so it's fucking John Carter bullshit syndrome again.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/04/08/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-the-john-carter-script/

I can only imagine what Film Crit Hulk would do if he/she/whoever the fuck FCH is watched any Evangelion film.
>>
>>100755281
who cares about that tramp
>>
>>100758468
What was the point of making this character again?
>>
File: gratz.gif (184.62 KB, 390x290)
184.62 KB
184.62 KB GIF
>>100757743
There's a lot of significant development that really don't lead anywhere.
>>
>>100759955
Having a substitute for Asuka in case of her VA drops dead between movies.
>>
File: BNg-MtUCAAEVcSY.jpg (66.70 KB, 640x400)
66.70 KB
66.70 KB JPG
>>100759955
According to some anons, she's the key to something.
>>
File: 1390027637030.jpg (217.63 KB, 370x540)
217.63 KB
217.63 KB JPG
>>100760101
obligatory
what are you stupid?!
>>
File: NXk8ibi.gif (788.75 KB, 607x500)
788.75 KB
788.75 KB GIF
I still have faith in 4.0. The preview for 4.0 looks a lot more lackluster than the preview for 3.0 so if anything I'm just hoping that they pull a complete 180 like they did for 3.0 and 4.0 is absolutely amazing.
>>
>>100760056
>still 14 years old
>"It's the curse of LCL"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>100760357
>inb4 they just play with the viewers expectations and actually follow the shit they put in the trailer
>>
no more /ss/
>>
File: vu7qbvF.jpg (114.78 KB, 910x1300)
114.78 KB
114.78 KB JPG
Confirmed that the final battle of 4.0 is

Gendo vs Shinji
>>
File: Rei_smile_(Rebuild).png (621.45 KB, 1280x720)
621.45 KB
621.45 KB PNG
>>100760725
>Gendo vs Shinji
Alright, I don't care how shit 4.0 can get, I really want to see this now.
>>
nb4 4.0 is split into two movies
>>
>>100761041
>4.0 ends
>credits roll
>everyone like wtf?
>NEXT TIME ON REBUILD OF EVANGELION
>theatre torched
>>
Why any daily Eva threads exist in the post-3.0 era, I'll never understand
>>
>>100759955
3 M's.
Merchandising
Merchandising
Merchandising
>>
>>100759955
She's going to be Shinji's sister.
>>
>>100759955
She's going to be Asuka's mother.
>>
>>100759955
She's going to be Pen-Pen's brother.
>>
>>100763170
Not Melons
>>
>>100763231
>>100763271
>>100763381
>not Shinji's Daughter with Asuka
>>
>>100763170
Master Hentai, pls.
>>
>>100763449
That still does not exclude her from the possibility of her being Pen-Pen's brother.
>>
>>100763479
She's obviously Pen Pen's mother
>>
>>100763517
>>100763449
>>100763381
>>100763271
>>100763231
>implying Mari isn't actually Gendo while the person the audience believes to be Gendo is actually PenPen
>>
File: penepen.png (108.74 KB, 711x411)
108.74 KB
108.74 KB PNG
Speaking of Pen Pen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUC4FH3tSOk
>>
I've been toying with an idea recently, and it's essentially, /a/non travels to Eva's universe as Shinji.

Wondering if the idea's funny.
>>
>>100763878
Sounds more like an excuse for self-insert fanfiction bullshit to me.
>>
File: 121321542353654.png (2.42 MB, 1920x816)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
Misato was fucking kickass, why the fuck are you faggots hating on her?

Asuka was also kickass.
>>
>>100763949
It's not really supposed to be serious.
>>
>>100764058
Fanfiction usually tends not to be.
>>
>>100764054
People don't actually hate her. They're just trying to make up conversation regarding the movie and one of the key details in the film is how drastically the characters changed thanks to the timeskip.
>>
>>100764177
Well, what is there left to say other than Anno is a complete hack?
>>
>>100759336
>Linking FCH ever.

Just fuck off.
>>
>>100764177
I could never hate her, I hate what Anno did to her.
>>
>>100764054
Too much change in too little time. I don't hate her, it's just odd seeing her like that.
>>
>remembering being hyped after 2.0 for three years

I wasted my life
>>
>>100759955
Ho yay with Asuka.
>>
>>100767962
Nui 0.5
>>
>>100768116
>>100759955
fuck
>>
>>100756382
I never got the point of this comic. Even after he learns about everything he did, Shinji still pilots Unit-13. Even if Misato had told him upfront, his need to try and fix everything would get him to pilot again, and the rest of the movie would have still happened. Also, there was no way they could've acted nice to him in public, the entire crew hates him, and would never understand why he tried to save Rei.
>>
>>100763449
>originally she was going to even kiss Shinji on 2.22
>Shinji's harem would literally consist of his mother, his daughter and some mindbroken German girl.
>>
File: SHINJIKUN.jpg (263.32 KB, 1366x768)
263.32 KB
263.32 KB JPG
>>100768737

1 - Shinji willing went with somebody he thought was Rei.

2 - "Nerv is a bunch of dicks who want ruin the world, don't help them!" Sound a little better than "Don't pilot an EVA, Shinji. Because reasons."

3 - Misato was RIGHT THERE in the interrogation chamber, standing near the wall trying to be cool. It wasn't as if her duties prevented her from talking to him in private or anything like that.

Shitty directing. They tried to create an atmosphere of confusion by putting the audience in Shinji's place and not telling shit about what happened, but forgot to make it not retarded from an in-universe point of view.
>>
evangelion is the gundam of madoka
>>
>>100755447
It's like Anno woke up one day and was all like "I'm the man responsible for the way anime is today, I should be bathing in dosh". And then he decided to go all George Lucas on Evangelion's ass.
>>
>>100758286
I like Rei most but whoever got mad about Rei in Q is a retard really.
>>
>>100755447
>fixing eva

What was there to fix? Eva is perfect. You guys pick at everything, just enjoy 3.0 for what it is. It IS mindfuckery.
>>
>>100755447
That's how I felt when 1.0 ended. 2.0 changed all that.
>>
>>100772173

Eva was pretty good. Now notice how 3.0 is exactly the point shit goes in an entirely different direction from the series.

It's only "mindfuckery" if you define that as "kid makes things progressively worse due to sequential and unrealistic failures in communication."
>>
>>100772173
EoE was mindfuckery. 3.0 is just retarded and lazily written.
>>
>>100772173
it's only mindfuckery in the "I can't believe the characters are so stupid" sense
>>
File: 1390454295268s.jpg (152.87 KB, 500x667)
152.87 KB
152.87 KB JPG
>>100759955
She will be Asuka's Kaworu
>>
>>100773013

Everyone were idiots in EoE and NGE. Except for the bad guys. Only thing that changed is that Gendo is more keikaku than Seele.
>>
>>100760271

Her seiyuu health is pretty bad. She's dropping most of the roles she had.
>>
How does /a/ feel about ReTake?
>>
>>100773968

Beats me. I like it.
>>
>>100773968
It's good when you're just coming off the show and you're a huge LAS shipper, but as you get older the cracks begin to appear. Same with all fanfic really
>>
>>100774027
LAS?
>>
>>100774040
Love Asuka Shinji. I think that's how it goes
>>
>>100774069
Thanks, I haven't seen anyone use that before.
>>
Chins
>>
File: shinji answers.jpg (42.39 KB, 231x231)
42.39 KB
42.39 KB JPG
>>100756382
>>
>>100773968
>ReTake
And that is?
>>
>>100774168
A really long doujin that expands after the end of EoE. You should be able to find the adult version with some digging.
>>
I for one welcome this change.

Just wish shinji wasn't such a beta faggot.
>>
>>100759955

She's the last angel
>>
>>100760189
Can you explain me, what's with these "card" is? After I watched Evangelion month ago I started lurking in Eva threads and you guys sometimes post pics like this one.
>>
>>100773968
Better than Rebuild
>>
>>100774087
It's how they refer to all the ship in the japanese fandom, so you sometimes see people using it here too
>>
>>100774231
they're from a mobile game in japan or something
>>
>>100774121
saved
>>
>>100771727
>>100756382
looks like you beat it to me, thanks.
>>
>>100759955

She was created so that Anno could change the EVA story line better. Literally the name of Rebuild 2.0 : Break
Fan reaction to the 2.0 trailer was overwhelming for her so they made her role a bit bigger

Still so far her role was minor. In the end I think she will maybe die to save Asuka in the MP battle.
>>100773968

Pretty good. That Holiday song is nice.
>>
>>100775980
Actually according to that interview only her role in 2.0 became bigger, they talked about her as someone who would only be used later on the story and that originally would only cameo on 2.0 but thanks to the fan reaction and some Anno concerns they decided to give her extra screen time earlier, it is from said action that the comment "I felt she was unnecessary, they could have just talked about her" came from, but it only refers to Mari's presence on the second movie and not her role on rebuild as a whole like many believe.
>>
>>100755281
They fucked her over for plot reasons.

Just be glad you're not a Reifag m8, since Rei gets fucked over for plot reasons and character reasons.
>>
>>100771727

The problem is that they were attacked right where they started explaining things to him.


1. Because he was confused as fuck. I don't think at that point he would have believed her that Rei is simply a clone.

2. The attack leaves no time to properly explain why WILLE is fighting NERV. Misato mentions the war but Shinji quickly changes topic to Rei and then gets grabbed. Just throwing out "they are evil" wouldn't have stopped him.


>>100768737

Misato didn't act nice to him because she simply didn't feel that way. She doesn't hate with passion like the others but she is still cold towards him.
>>
>>100776909
Not him, but:
>The problem is that they were attacked right where they started explaining things to him.
They had plenty of time before that. They spent it on being passive-aggressive, normally aggresive and generally unhelpful.

If your point is that they wasted all the time they had, then yes.

>1. Because he was confused as fuck. I don't think at that point he would have believed her that Rei is simply a clone.
That'd be wrong. He seems to believe the timeskip and other stuff. Also they don't even have to mention clones, just say it's a recording or trap even, that it's not actually Rei there.

>2. The attack leaves no time to properly explain why WILLE is fighting NERV. Misato mentions the war but Shinji quickly changes topic to Rei and then gets grabbed. Just throwing out "they are evil" wouldn't have stopped him.
They had time earlier, which they spent on discrediting themselves and making themselves look untrustworthy.

Which is the point, everything they did from when he woke up to he got kidnapped, got Shinji to trust them less and less to the point he thought they were retards, which in Shinji's defense - they were.

To throw you a link, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot
The screenplay and dialogue is unnecessarily stupid and crafted just so Shinji can fuck off regardless of the scenario and the context of the characters.

This nails it really: >>100771727
>They tried to create an atmosphere of confusion by putting the audience in Shinji's place and not telling shit about what happened, but forgot to make it not retarded from an in-universe point of view.

They aren't trying any more you see. It's purely their own self-indulgence that drives them for 3.0, which is the only viewpoint which makes sense considering the creation of 3.0. It's no better than a fanfic, and it explains why they crush Rei's entire character and neglects to do anything but superficial work on the rest excluding Kaworu and Shinji.
>>
File: 1390482891095.jpg (45.50 KB, 319x319)
45.50 KB
45.50 KB JPG
this is george lucas with starwars prequels. no one question geroge cuz they assumed he knew what he was doing.

3.33/3.0 is fucking awful to the point of uwotm8

The problem with 3.33 is that its plot is based on several main characters' stupidity. Surprisingly enough, Shinji is only stupid in this, and not nearly as unbelievably idiotic as Misato and Asuka. 14 years have passed and Shinji is blamed by everyone for 3rd Impact despite the fact that it would have happened sooner via Zeruel if he hadn't started it. This, along with Misato and Asuka's refusal to tell him anything, causes Shinji to fall past the despair event horizon and do some stupid things in the vain hope that it will undo the damage. This movie makes Asuka and especially Misato unlikable. They blame Shinji for everything even though the human race wouldn't have made it even this far without him. Misato and Asuka really couldn't let go of enough of their irrational anger in 14 years to swallow their pride for 10 minutes and explain things to Shinji? The movie focuses on punching the proactive version of Shinji that people like in the gut as much as possible, and for the most part this feels unreasonable and contrived.
>>
>>100777255

Exactly. They never expected to be attacked. They wasted time and got fucked over.


Lying to him would not really help the situation at all. A recording ? She could say everything she wants to. It was an EVA so it had to be piloted. That was probably his thought. Additionally Rei would have just grabbed him anyway.

A timeskip is one thing but another is that his saved person is just a clone. A lot of denial on his part that it is really the truth.


They just acted normal towards a person that they hated. Simple as that. For them he is guilty.
>>
>>100778784
>They never expected to be attacked.
They were expecting attacks, they're in a war. Don't forget that. They even say the were expecting them to come for them to get what they had just retrieved.

Even if they didn't, they have no excuse to waste the time they had. Don't avoid this simple point, from the moment they wake up Shinji, they are only making things worse for both themselves and Shinji.

>Lying to him would not really help the situation at all.
It would help their situation. Get Shinji safe for the time being and reduce the damage done, then explain when you've actually got time to do what they should have in the first place.

In fact, they don't have to lie, just tell him the truth that it was a trap - which it was, Rei Q is a fake. Don't forget that everything they did beforehand ate up their credibility.

>A recording ? She could say everything she wants to. It was an EVA so it had to be piloted. That was probably his thought.
It could still be a different pilot with a recording. It could be anything really, like I said, it was a trap, a deception.

>Additionally Rei would have just grabbed him anyway.
You don't know that, and if Shinji was avoiding Rei Q, she might not have succeded even. Not a point for you.

>They just acted normal towards a person that they hated.
No they don't act normal, even if they hate him they're acting more like idiots than anything else.
Their "hate" is also debatable, and shallow all things considered.

Why the fuck are you even arguing against this? Do you honestly believe you're in any way right?
>>
>>100778784
In the little time they had, here's what they do:

Shinji starts out trusting Misato and the rest fully. He wants to help, he's on their side. During the time they had with Shinji, they convince him that they're against him, and defy all logic and rationality when it comes to speaking to someone who is basically teleported from 14 years in the past.
By the end of it all, Shinji does not trust them, and Shinji is in the right for not doing so since they have acted like untrustworthy bastards.

When you look at this as the viewer, you can see that it's not because there is anything to understand about the characters, or anything deeper. It is purely and simple because this needs to happen so the Kaworu/Shinji game can start. Shinji needs to reject everyone else so Kaworu can remain as a pillar of trust and goodness.

That's the entire point of it all.
>>
>>100779234

>t. They even say the were expecting them to come

Can you post a quote for that ? I can't find a line that suggest that. Only "they came out of the blue". They weren't even combat ready at all.

He was in no situation to believe them at that point. Well they wanted to explain it to him in the first place but got suddenly attacked and then they get attacked again.

>everything they did beforehand ate up their credibility.

In combination with seeing Rei Exactly. So telling him without long explanation would not work.

It was still Rei in there. She had knowledge about his farther etc. Many ways to prove she was Rei. Surely he had some hope that even as a clone she would be similar to Rei.


Well that's your opinion but some of them do clearly hate him. The reasons are debatable I agree but that's how they feel and how they react accordingly.

Both of us are posting opinions on the way they react. There is no real right or wrong really.
>>
>>100779347

They hate him and they get attacked right when they try to explain it to him. That's why all "logic and rationality" is not used.

He wakes up ? They get attacked.
Later they try to explain in to him ? They get attacked AGAIN

Additionally what they tell him is fucked over because Rei arrives right at that time.


They see him as a traitor. Someone guilty. Not a comrade at all.
>>
Terribly written. Misato even said at the end of 2.0 to "pilot for your own wishes!"

I'm not even going to call her a backstabbing cunt because I love her too much. I will just hold out hope that this will all be revealed as an act in Final
>>
>hating pirate asuka
>>
File: 1390211154204.jpg (42.05 KB, 683x515)
42.05 KB
42.05 KB JPG
>>100783993
>didn't go full pirate
>you always go full pirate
>>
>>100779902
>Can you post a quote for that ?
When Ritsuko says that they were expecting that they were after EVA01.
Also, they might not be combat ready, but they're in war - you're calling them incompetent, which they are, they should be expecting engagements if they are at war.

>He was in no situation to believe them at that point.
Wrong, since he's actually fairly in tune with them in the beginning.

>In combination with seeing Rei Exactly. So telling him without long explanation would not work.
He didn't see Rei. Only an EVA. Just telling him the quick truth that it's a fake would do the trick, but they can't say that since it'd end the movie. Idiot plot.

>It was still Rei in there. She had knowledge about his farther etc. Many ways to prove she was Rei. Surely he had some hope that even as a clone she would be similar to Rei.
What? It wasn't Rei, it was ReiQ. Did you even watch it?

>Well that's your opinion but some of them do clearly hate him.
We don't know really, the characters are far too shallow to really tell.

>There is no real right or wrong really.
Thus there is no good movie or good insight if you believe that. There is a right or wrong here, and it's fairly obvious that WILLE's portion are doing things wrong from the start.
>>
>>100779982
>they see him as a traitor
>they hate him
>they didn't have the time

All bullshit and poor excuses even if true. The characters don't have the motivation to do so, and even if they're played as they hate him, it's not believable and thus shit.

They did have the time, they spend a lot of the movie's playing time together and everything they do make things worse. You can not deny this. That's why you excuse it with them being attacked, which comes after they already had spent time with them.

Here's a fact:
They woke him up, and spent every moment with Shinji on worsening their relationship. They do not establish trust, they do not establish anything but trust, and when it comes down to the final moment, they mess it up.

This guy: >>100779902
Is a moron for several reasons, one of which he doesn't even know the movie he's talking about. Nor does he take into account that they had 14 years of reflection and time to prepare for this very moment. They had the time, several years of it, and this is what they do. There is no excuse. It's so bad and out there that it's practically something done just for plot with no reasoning.

He also thinks Rei arrived when the movie makes it clear Rei is in EVA01, and that Rei Q is a fake. Shinji doesn't see Rei. He at most hears Rei, which could have been tackled by Misato when it happened by explaining that it was a fake.

Trying to excuse it like that guy does, and you, makes you a moron that's defending for the sake of defending instead of digging into what actually happened. Had you done the latter, you'd agree that they were indeed acting like morons for no reason whatsoever.
If you summon up a reason, i.e "they hate him", or similar, it's at the same time admitting the characters are shallow since it's a one-dimensional sentiment that even goes against the in-universe setting of them waging a war for a long time. They are acting as if they don't have any interest in fighting a war or preserving themselves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVtMZ7xp8GY

So many fucking versions of the same song.
>>
>>100758468
I used to dislike Mari but seeing as how Rebuild 3.33 turned out, she's one of the few good things from the Rebuilds
>>
>3.0
>3.33

I don't care for Eva much but what the fuck are these? Isn't the movie just 3.0? What the hell is 3.33?
>>
>>100785564
3.0 theater release
3.3 dvd release
3.33 blue ray hd release
>>
File: im so fucking done.png (366.83 KB, 500x600)
366.83 KB
366.83 KB PNG
>>100779982
>They hate him
ALRIGHT LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT HERE

OKAY THEY HATE HIM, BUT YOU SEE. PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUAL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF JUST ANIMALS KNOWS TO SET ASIDE PERSONAL FEELINGS WHEN THEIR OWN LIVES, THEIR GOALS OR THE ENTIRE WORLD IS AT STAKE.

IT IS NOT NORMAL FOR A PERSON TO JUST GO "SUPER MENSTRUATION MODE" AND FUCK THEMSELVES OVER JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE SOMEONE ELSE.

THIS COUNTS 1000000000000000000000000 TIMES MORE WHEN ITS MILITARY PERSONELL SINCE THEY'RE BASICALLY FUCKING TRAINED TO IGNORE THEIR EMOTIONS AND SET SHIT ASIDE TO GET SHIT DONE.

STOP TRYING TO USE SUBJECTIVE EMOTIONS AS A FALLBACK EXCUSE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>100785939
But Eva is about socially awkward spergs who do the wrong thing every time.

The moment someone wakes the fuck up and says "time to get some shit done today" is the moment all the problems get fixed.
>>
>>100784876
>When Ritsuko says that they were expecting that they were after EVA01.
She said nothing of sort retard,
>Also, they might not be combat ready, but they're in war
Uh...even in war you have times when you aren't being engaged in combat, they weren't in immediate danger at the present time and they were still monitoring the situation GIVEN THEY ALERTED MISATO AND RITSUKO OF ONGOING DANGER HEADING TOWARDS THE SHIP. God people this film is not complicated, pay the fuck attention.
>He didn't see Rei. Only an EVA
He heard Ayanami's voice and told her where he was.
>Just telling him the quick truth that it's a fake would do the trick, but they can't say that since it'd end the movie. Idiot plot.
So basically they need to see into the future is what you're saying
>We don't know really
ALL of the crew members reactions shows differently, about the only people who don't really hate him are Asuka and Misato

>Thus there is no good movie or good insight if you believe that

Neither is no bad movie or bad insight. You are failing so hard right now

> There is a right or wrong here, and it's fairly obvious that WILLE's portion are doing things wrong from the start.

Why are they wrong? It's like all you're doing is sel-inserting yourself into Shinji.
>>
>>100785999
>But Eva is about socially awkward spergs who do the wrong thing every time.
No it's not. It's about people, not this horrid piece of shit you're trying to sell.
>>
>>100785999
Irrelevant. Liking or disliking will never be part of an acceptable argument.
>>
>>100785185
>They did have the time
>Shinji wakes up
>BOOM battle approaches
>Sorry kid we don't have time to answer your questions we're currently in a shitty situation
>battle ends
>THEY IMMEDIATELY SIT HIM DOWN AND START TO ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS
>BOOM ship gets attacked
Obviously they should continue to anwser his questions and not fed for themselves because fuck humanity Shinji is important.
>>
>>100786028
>>100786059
I'm just saying that all the characters have to conform to what's expected of an Evangelion show in order to make the plot work.

As I said, a level headed person who isn't a total depressive wiener would fix things, and you can't have that in Eva!
>>
>>100786009
>She said nothing of sort retard,
When they get Shinji she says they expected them to gun for EVA01. They are at a war. Put together one and two.
They're either hilariously incompetent no matter which way you spin it.

>Uh...even in war you have times when you aren't being engaged in combat
But you're prepared for it nonetheless. They're always in danger when the enemy can come for them at any time.
I paid attention and made my conclusions, you are actively not making any conclusions since making one will have you agree with me.

>He heard Ayanami's voice and told her where he was.
In other words, he didn't see Rei and I'm right.

>So basically they need to see into the future is what you're saying
No, tell him what they already know. It's not Rei, and that it's a trap. Instead, they said "Rei doesn't exist any more", which is nothing but confusing. Bad wording, idiot plot.

>ALL of the crew members reactions shows differently, about the only people who don't really hate him are Asuka and Misato
We don't know really, and like I said, shallow and one-dimensional.

>Neither is no bad movie or bad insight. You are failing so hard right now
You mad.

>Why are they wrong? It's like all you're doing is sel-inserting yourself into Shinji.
Buzzwords, you've gotten it explained.
>>
>>100785185
What trust? They said at the beginning of the movie that they only went to capture EVA-01, they don't care for Shinji but they're humane enough to not actually kill the bastard despite all the shit he caused.
>>
>>100786134
Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>100786134
>I'm just saying that all the characters have to conform to what's expected of an Evangelion show in order to make the plot work.
Yeah, and they didn't. You don't get to make an uniform expectation either, and even the one you propose isn't working.

>As I said, a level headed person who isn't a total depressive wiener would fix things, and you can't have that in Eva!
There's a difference between being a depressive wiener, and a total idiot. The depressive stuff works in Evangelion because there's characters that have depth behind them, in 3.33 they don't.
Even in-universe there isn't any reason.

They're no different from any other shallow cliche anime, and this is at best.
>>
>>100786177
Trust. You know, trust.

>They said at the beginning of the movie that they only went to capture EVA-01
Okay, mission accomplished.

>they don't care for Shinji but they're humane enough to not actually kill the bastard despite all the shit he caused.
Which is problematic since they're all responsible for the shit he caused to begin with, but barring that they are still being idiots about it. Getting his trust and cooperation is better than not having it, as the movie itself proved.
>>
Just a heads up, this is autist-kun: >>100786009

Notice his lack of argument, his repeated one-liners "oh so they ahve to see the future omg", and similar styled "argumetnation", as well as complete lack of logic coupled with inexperience befitting of a standard autist.

Do not reply to it. It is autistic.
>>
>>100786173
>When they get Shinji she says they expected them to gun for EVA01.
No she didn't. No where in the movie they she state those exact words.

> They are at a war. Put together one and two.
Yeah..its pretty obvious that you've never actually fought in a war before and get your knowledge from playing CoD

>But you're prepared for it nonetheless
Except they were prepared given that they were still monitoring the situation, in actual combat even if you are prepared the enemy can still catch you by surprise it doesn't help that Shinji aided Rei Q by telling her where he was which is why she was able to get through

>In other words, he didn't see Rei and I'm right.
He heard her voice, but whatever
>It's not Rei, and that it's a trap.
They did tell him this right when Rei Q was gonna capture him and offered their protection by him BUT HE didn't listen because all he cared about is MUH REI

>You mad.
>Buzzwords

Great argument
>>
> 4.0 airs
>does the same shit as the TV series with the whole generic anime bit
>but it doesn't stop
>eva up until now was just a dream
>becomes a quasi-harem/romance show
>pairs off shit couples like Kaworu and Mari and rei x kaiji (kakkoii sensei)
>Shinji has all the other girls after his dick and ignores them to play the cello badly
> show ends with shinji and the gang getting stabbed by some random otaku in akiba
>>
>>100786009
Watch the movie again. Just because it's your "precious EVA" doesn't mean it can't do wrong, keep that in mind.

Ritsuko did say something along those lines IIRC, which confirmed that they were indeed in a situation where they would expect retaliation. Which is even without that expectation, something that they would normally expect since they are in an on-going conflict. They should expect attack, and they are monitoring the situation as you suggest to be ready.

This is why using what time they do have available is important, they don't have time to be bitter cunts when they could be doing things right. Doing that bit them in the ass when Rei Q arrived and took an understandably willing Shinj away. See >>100756382 which effectively ends the movie's plot right there.

Regarding Rei, Ritsuko, Misato and even Asuka know the truth about Rei, and given the context they blew it when it came to telling Shinji what has happened. The writing is precisely made to make sure Shinji does not understand, and the problem with this is that no believable character would actually say those words at that time.

I'm probably wasting my time with you since you're not really out to actually discuss the movie, but just to provide a contrary position because of some arbitrary attraction you have to EVA.
>>
>>100786173
>Put together one and two.
It's put two and two together you dumb fucking nerd.
>>
>>100786312
THEY DON;T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SHINJI so this trust nonsense does not work, about the only feasible thing they should done was either kill him on the spot or lock him up but since Misato still has a lady boner for him they let him live for some odd reason.

>Which is problematic since they're all responsible for the shit he caused to begin with,

Wait Shinji leaving them on his own accord and Kaworu telling him that it's possible to change the world by pulling out the spears is suddenly WILLIE's fault?
>>
>>100786580
>Ritsuko did say something along those lines IIRC,
No she didn't. Next.
>>
>>100786514
>No where in the movie they she state those exact words.
>those exact words
Moving goalposts I see.

>Yeah..its pretty obvious that you've never actually fought in a war before and get your knowledge from playing CoD
No argument then? Good, you have nothing.

>Except they were prepared
So they are prepared then, but still waste their time. Incompetence and poorly written characters it is, just like I argued then.


>it doesn't help that Shinji aided Rei Q by telling her where he was which is why she was able to get through
Shinji does that, because Misato, Ritsuko and the rest fucked up for the entire duration of their screentime with him. Even at the very end. Shinji cannot know that it's not the real Rei, but the rest could - and they didn't inform him of that, even when they needed to.

>They did tell him this right when Rei Q was gonna capture him
Nope, they didn't. They used a confusing wording which made no sense.
>>
>>100786563
>> show ends with shinji and the gang getting stabbed by Hideaki Anno dressed up as Hard Gay who then tells the audience to kill themselves.
>>
>>100786365
>THE BOOGEY MAN IS REAL MAMA! IT'S REAL!
>>
>>100786698
Yes she did. Next.
>>
>>100786698
>Ritsuko: If they prioritized taking him over Eva-01,
It follows that Ritsuko knew along the rest of the command, that they were expecting them to retrieve EVA01.
>>
>>100786563
that's some real heavy shit
>>
>>100786654
>THEY DON;T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SHINJI so this trust nonsense does not work,
Of course it does, and they do give a shit about Shinji. He can pose a threat against them, and others, and Misato still gives a shit. There's literally no reason whatsoever for them to act like this. Logically, emotionally... it's basically contrived as hell.

>about the only feasible thing they should done was either kill him on the spot or lock him up but since Misato still has a lady boner for him they let him live for some odd reason.
Like, caring for instance, or finding his presence valuable? You proved yourself wrong here man.

Why even bother defending this crap?
>>
>>100786365
Man, this fucking guy. He's so desperate to defend 3.0 it's sad.

He's so easy to spot because of how he just sits and takes the defensive position without actually arguing, leaving others who don't know his autism to respond and respond until they realize he'll just say "no u" every time.
>>
>>100786717
>Moving goalposts I see.
Still can't prove a damn thing I see.

>No argument then? Good, you have nothing.

Struck a nerve I see? I guess this is what happens when retards who have never fought in an actual war that they can't respawn resort to when they don't have an argument.

>So they are prepared then, but still waste their time.
Moving goalposts I see.

>Shinji does that, because Misato, Ritsuko and the rest fucked up for the entire duration of their screentime with him.

No he does that because he's an impatient brat who can't read the goddamn situation, even when he sees everyone trying their hardest to survive all he cares about is MUH REI.

>Even at the very end. Shinji cannot know that it's not the real Rei

Wrong, he never questions if she is the actual Ayanami and just goes along with it until he finds out later on in the movie so he just blindly trusts a stranger with the same face as Ayanami like a retard.

>They used a confusing wording which made no sense.
>confusing wording

How is...THAT IS NOT THE REAL REI confusing?
>>
>>100786698
Even if she didn't say it, it'd be a given unless they're complete morons.

So you barge into your enemy's house and base, steal their shit, really important shit they need even, and you DONT expect some kind of counter-attack?

You either accept that they are complete morons and it makes no sense, and that the attack actually came as a surprise they couldn't account for when planning, or you accept they are complete morons for expecting it and then NOT making any sort of preventive measures.
>>
>>100786981
>Still can't prove a damn thing I see.
It shouldn't be necessary since it's in the fucking movie, but this guy has a quote for you autist-kun: >>100786802

>the rest
nothing.

>How is...THAT IS NOT THE REAL REI confusing
They didn't say that. If they had, it wouldn't be confusing.
>>
No one hates shinji in rebuild 3 it took them most of their resources just to get him out of orbit

And they were trying to protect him by not piloting eva because the whole eva thing fucked him over
>>
>>100786654
>THEY DON;T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SHINJI
Yeah I wouldn't care about a guy who I blame for murdering the entire world offhandedly without realizing it. A guy who gets into impossible situations and comes out of them without dying. A person who poses a danger to anything.

Let's not care about him.
>>
>>100786878
>Of course it does, and they do give a shit about Shinji.
No and no.

>He can pose a threat against them, and others
Not without an EVA apprently.

>There's literally no reason whatsoever for them to act like this. Logically, emotionally... it's basically contrived as hell.

Yeah because it's not like they've been living through hell for 114 years because of him. Hell there's people still butthurt about Vietnam, you can't dictate how people are suppose to act when being thrust into a situation they never ask for, that's unethical and not really human.

>Like, caring for instance, or finding his presence valuable?
Again WHY SHOULD THEY CARE? They already said they don't want him fighting and they don't need him so why the fuck should they established trust for someone who is more or less a nuisance than an ally? Your argument makes no goddamn sense.


>You proved yourself wrong here man.
I didn't. And you have yet to actually provide an actual counterpart other than NO U.
>>
>>100786981
>being this fucking retarded
Anon, I feel sorry for you and your autism.

On Rei, Shinji does question what's wrong with Rei when he finally meets her, but before that? He can't, since he hasn't met her and thinks there's only one Rei.

>How is...THAT IS NOT THE REAL REI confusing?
Maybe you're starting to understand, if they had said something like that, even from the start, this shit wouldn't happen. See: >>100756382

You know what they said instead?
"Ayanami doesn't exist any more!", which is for anyone something that doesn't make sense right there and then. It's like saying "Person X you like and care for doesn't exist any more!", when you can hear said person's voice. It only raises more questions, like "what do you mean? she's right there!?", or "is she dead, did she just fade out of existence, what does that even mean?".

They fucked up hard.
>>
>>100787116
Well saying no one hates shinji is to far out there but for the people close to him they felt it was their fault

They neverbtold shinji anything even before impact he was left in the dark fending for himself being told to pilot his mom
>>
>>100786654
He's talking about Near Third Impact, which is 100% true
>>
>>100787003
I like how WILLE just can't seem to win with the haters

>They didn't know
>Well they're incompetent

>They did know
>Well they're assholes

Make up your damn mind already?
>>
>>100787194
>No and no.
Misato. End argument.

>Not without an EVA apprently.
If that was the case, why need the collar? He's a threat if captured and if put with an EVA. He's a threat. That's why they need insurance.

>Yeah because it's not like they've been living through hell for 114 years because of him
Technically it's because of Gendo and SEELE, plus NERV, but whatever man. It's not an excuse unless they want the next 14 years to be worse.
They aren't thrust into a situation, they're in a situation where they need to make the best out of things but doesn't.
Either way, it's shitty and shallow.

>Again WHY SHOULD THEY CARE?
Ask Misato and the rest. They should establish trust because it's the sensible thing to do, getting him (a threat, and someone they know), to play along, is better than having him work against them or be uncooperative. It makes perfect sense unless you're being retarded.

>I didn't. And you have yet to actually provide an actual counterpart other than NO U.
OK, I'm done.
>>
File: download.jpg (42.64 KB, 500x373)
42.64 KB
42.64 KB JPG
>>100787081
>This entire post
>>
>>100787306
It's because they are written that badly. They really are the pinnacle of shit in this movie, there's no way their position makes sense unless they are incompetent and/or assholes for the sake of being assholes.

They're actively doing something both they and the audience can tell will do them no good, yet they champion their own cause.
>>
>>100787119
>ALL DEM EXCUSES

Guess Anno was right...
>>
>>100787359
Oh fuck off autist-kun.
>>
>>100787119
>Yeah I wouldn't care about a guy who I blame for murdering the entire world offhandedly without realizing it.
You're in the minority I'm afraid.
>>
>>100755281
He's Gendo now.
>>
>>100764054
Eva 2.0: Do it for yourself, Shinji, even though I know you'll start 3rd Impact!

Eva 3.0: I hate you Shinji and I won't tell you clearly what is going on.
>>
File: 1389908090020.jpg (158.54 KB, 556x1280)
158.54 KB
158.54 KB JPG
>>100787524
Exactly how I'd expect a woman to react. 3.0 confirmed for real life.
>>
Facts:
WILLE brought back Shinji and EVA01. They suspected both could be usable to trigger another impact.
WILLE knows that Shinji's emotional state is related to him being able to produce said impact.
WILLE brought back Shinji and did not provide any basis for trust befitting of someone coming out of a 14-year coma.
WILLE did not explain things to Shinji in a manner which a person unintroduced with the language and terms of the subject matter would understand.

Based on this, it's clear that WILLE did not do a good job doing something they would need to do a good job with for their supposed cause to win through. They are shooting themselves in the foot with nothing to gain from it.
>>
>>100786724
>One More Final: Fuck you.
>>
File: annnnnn.jpg (58.90 KB, 462x375)
58.90 KB
58.90 KB JPG
>>100755447
You didn't see it coming? All of 2.0 was to trick retards like you. Anno hates your neckbeard hotblood garbage.
>>
>>100787116
Do you know what powers Wunder's flight?

Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>100787194
It's obvious you're not here to actually provide any insight into the movie or the characters, with all non-arguments or recountings that's fully incorrect. I might even wonder if you watched the movie at all.
>>
/r/ing picture of "shinji get out of the robot, shinji get out of the robot, shinji get out of the robot, shinji get out of the robot, shinji stop using the robot, shinji you fucked up."
>>
I got the impression they were so aggressive towards Shinji is that they weren't sure what he actually was at that point? I mean when he did the Eva-01 thing did he lose his physical form like in the manga? I got the impression they just saw him as an imitation of the person they knew as opposed to the original Shinji just waking up.

I might be wrong about that though I'm still not sure how to interpret the scene at the end of 2.0 with him pulling out Rei. Is Rei still in Eva-01 or what.
>>
>>100787524
This, goddamn it. Some of you need to rewatch these films. Walls of text do not make you any less wrong.
>>
I got the impression they were so aggressive towards Shinji is that they weren't sure what he actually was at that point? I mean when he did the Eva-01 thing did he lose his physical form like in the manga? I thought they just saw him as an imitation of the person they knew as opposed to the original Shinji just waking up.

I might be wrong about that though I'm still not sure how to interpret the scene at the end of 2.0 with him pulling out Rei. Is Rei still in Eva-01 or what.
>>
Only good part of 3.0 is Asuka's eyepatch.
>>
>>100771903
Evangelion is the Gunbuster of TTGL
>>
In all of the Eva threads I've been in, I've yet to see any actual rebuttals to the points contained in my picture.

3.0 was shit. Maybe 4.0 will redeem it, but it's doubtful.
>>
>>100788591
Can't this be countered by the theory that since Rebuild is a repeat of the events of the first Eva due to Shinji's rejection of instrumentality and this is in fact his doing? I mean Kaworu keeps saying cryptic shit like "this time I'll make you happy", that makes it sound like he knows the cycle is repeating or something.
>>
>>100788766

Fanwankers need not apply.
>>
File: eva (2).jpg (377.31 KB, 828x1248)
377.31 KB
377.31 KB JPG
Obligatory.
>>
>>100788914
Well I was under impression that the repeat theory is the most popular theory in terms of predicting what Rebuild is actually building up to. I suppose we'll see in the fourth film whether there is any basis to these ideas.
>>
>>100787607
You do realize that the choker essentially eliminates the need for trust, right? They didn't need to waste time explaining things to him if they could just blow his head off if he became a threat. If Misato had actually been able to pull the trigger, none of the movie would have happened, and not because "hurr they weren't nice to Shinji".
>>
>>100789072
Except they don't have to unnecessarily murder a child if they just "waste time" explaining things.
>>
File: pussy shit anime japan.jpg (113.79 KB, 800x600)
113.79 KB
113.79 KB JPG
>>100789042

>theory

There you have it. It's not canon, it's fanwank strung together with circumstantial and ambiguous evidence. In the Rebuild universe, none of the stuff I brought up makes any sense and its indicative of lazy writing. If it's just a set up for 4.0, then that is what it is but the viewer shouldn't have to look to a sequel to explain absolutely vital plot points or be forced to count on the sequel to have the film make logical sense.

This is the main reason why 3.0 is bad.
>>
>>100789292
So you're saying they should have just explained everything and then hoped Shinji wouldn't pilot again, with no failsafe? He pilots later in the movie anyway, even after he knows everything.
>>
>>100789072
>You do realize that the choker essentially eliminates the need for trust, right?
Just think about what you just asked. Holy fuck.
>>
>>100788204
Her reaction is completely reasonable, actually.
Her father was taken by the second impact, leaving her all alone. The fact she almost directly caused the third one is going to mentally fucking destroy her for a bit. She cant handle the guilt and pushes everything onto shinji, shifting the blame. The crew now all hate shinji and everyone thinks he did it, all thanks to Misatos inability to deal with the consequences of her actions. HURRRR SUBTEEXTT DSIJFEKWFWEKN IM AMAM BBABBYBY ANNNO ISS AHAKKKKKKkkkkk
>>
>>100789416
We'll see in the fourth film I suppose. I enjoyed the third movie for the spectacle and the new world that it created. I'm interested in finding more about it. It's clear that Anno took a risk with this film in terms of the manner he handled the narrative, and that many considered it unacceptable to be done in a film. I mean if this was a couple episodes of a tv show I'm sure there wouldn't be such a strong backlash towards it right.

I'm hoping the next film explains what is going on in a satisfactory manner.
>>
>>100789791
>We'll see in the fourth film I suppose.
Until then: Shut the fuck up about your retarded fanwank you piece of shit.
> I enjoyed
Just because you like it doesn't mean its good.
>>
>>100791239
Just sharing my opinion is all. Are you a fan of the original series?
>>
>>100789072
>You do realize that the choker essentially eliminates the need for trust, right?
>eliminate the need for trust
Yeah, in what world would that be?

They wouldn't waste a second of time getting him to rust them. They have only things to gain by it. To ask him what happened, or for instance if he's captured, he would resist cooperation.
If they pulled the trigger? Sure, but the point is that the main character, Shinji, must also stay alive otherwise there's no point and you KNOW that.
>>
>>100791559
No you're not sharing your opinion. You're stating your opinion as fact you fuckign retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>100791811
That wasn't how I intended to come across, I mean I did use subjective language in all my posts.

Everything I said is just my own opinion, if that isn't clear.
>>
>>100755281

They space battleship yamato'd her. Anno got into anime because of SBY. He directed intro for reboot series. The whole misato/wunder sthick in 3.0 pure yamato fanservice.
>>
>>100792071
>Can't this be countered by the theory that
WOW YEAH SO SUBJECTIVE CLAP CLAP CLAP

No. Fuck off retard. Never post again.
>>
>>100791559
You could consider almost everyone here is a fan of the original. Evangelion is one of those anime that has a high approval rate in a board that is generally negative to most anime, even if they watch it said anime they don't like.

You may want to wait for the fourth film, but that film is already ruined by 3.0. It's bitten over way more than they can swallow, and if you desire an explanation, a good explanation, you wont get one. If you merely want an explanation, them saying something easy like "we were mad, sorry", or some other insane and poorly thought out stuff about "fate", or some mythological basis in "Shinji caused a closed timeloop and he's always at fault", then yeah. You might get that, but honestly, do you want that?

I'm saying this because it's the only option left for Rebuild if you were to get an explanation. Most of /a/, and people I've talked to who dislike the movie, can see that as the only options left. Because 3.0 is so contrived, it's going to require a massively contrived explanation that is so shitty beyond appeasing some fans who either ship or don't care, that it would be better with no explanation at all.

Even with this explanation, you're not getting good characters. You're getting shallow, mediocre characters that feed off the quality of the original. 3.0 scuttles Rebuild so hard when it comes to doing something new that it's sad, seeing as it's merely a representation of 23/24 with fan bias added.

So for 4.0, you're going to get an apology for 3.0, which will be false and poorly though out, but presented in quality HD and good music.
>>
>>100792148
I described it as a theory, I didn't state that it was fact did I?
>>
>>100792362
>Can't this be countered
Also didn't I just tell you to never post again?
>>
>>100792423
Maybe I should have said that it could have been "explained" as opposed to "countered". I just meant to explore that hypothetical situation.
>>
>>100792258
I guess if you didn't like the original anime you wouldn't bitch about the rebuilds so much
>>
>>100792568
Maybe you should just have kept your filthy whore mouth shut entirely since you're a retarded piece of shit?
>>
>>100755281
>What the fuck did they do to my Misato?
She Gendo now.
>>
>>100792574
Maybe, maybe not, you can find examples of both. It depends more on the person.

Rebuild changes many things or presents them differently than the original, some character like Rei become the victim of a thorough character assassination for instance.
Not everyone who watched the original is a Rei fan, so not everyone is that offended by it, some would even like it to happen and take enjoyment to it to the degree that they like Rebuild.
You can find examples of both when it comes to relating it to the original.
>>
>>100792574
>>100792740
Also since I wrote a long post, I want a better answer than that.
>>
>>100759955
She's basically what Anno wants the viewer to be.
Take note of how she sees everything as game, basically knows so much more than the other pilots and takes nothing really seriously, as if nothing could happen to her, like she really isn't there for anything other than watching everything that's happening for her own enjoyment.
>>
>>100763611
Misato is already Gendo.
Gendo is Mari and Pen-Pen is obviously Misato.
>>
>>100760725
So basically the third angel is still alive and is sealed into Gendo's keycard?
>>
>>100771249
Asuka is going to turn out to be his cousin
>>
>>100778081
>The problem with 3.33 is that its plot is based on several main characters' stupidity
Every character is Eva is ridiculously stupid in one way or another.
>>
Can anyone explain to me why someone didn't just gun down Shinji when he left?
>>
>>100793223
But unlike in 3.33, it's not the only thing that defines them.
>>
3.33 was too short, nothing more.
>>
>>100793398
Your post was too dumb. Nothing more.
>>
>>100793421
Think about what you are replying to, before you spout insults like a 12 year old.
>>
>>100793467
I thought about it. It was a dumb post. I responded like that.
>>
>>100793281

If they would have done that, everything would have been better.

The ultimate message that I took away from 3.0 was that nothing is ever going to work out no matter how hard you try to fix it and you should probably kill yourself before your best intentions make things even worse for everyone around you.
>>
>>100793573
Why was the post so dumb then?
>>
>>100793634
It's not well thought out, rendering the multitude of problems with 3.33 onto it "just being too short", when it's length isn't the problem but what it does with it's running time..
>>
>>100793695
Which is why it needs more running time, bingo.
>>
>>100793574
What I got out of Q was basically:
Don't force yourself to fix something way over your head or things will go from bad to worse.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (25.89 KB, 848x362)
25.89 KB
25.89 KB JPG
>>100793736

I'm not that guy, but in order for 3.0 to even address all the plotholes and missing information it left us with, it would have needed to be at LEAST 6 hours long. It's just not feasible.

This is also not taking into account any of it's other glaring issues like pic related.
>>
>>100793736
Running time alone isn't going to solve anything. You could add ten minutes, and it'd still be a horrible movie, it could even get worse.

If you're saying you need "x amount of good content" to compensate for the shitty content it already has, why not be smarter and say "remove the shitty content" ?
Not thought out.
>>
>>100793736
Son you are one dense motherfucker.

3.0 introduced so much bullshit that's just shit no matter how you explain it, like Curse of EVA and abominations like Rei Q, which are all detrimental factors to the whole thing but providing mood.
>>
>>100793844
No, I'm saying that you need a certain amount of additional content to make the shittty content acceptable.

>>100793821
>It's just not feasible
So why didn't they make Rebuild into a 26 episode series?
>>
>>100793920
>abominations like Rei Q
What's wrong with Rei Q, I just don't get that point at all.
She is not supposed to be Rei.
>>
>>100793941
>No, I'm saying that you need a certain amount of additional content to make the shittty content acceptable.
Which isn't fixed by running time alone, you actually have to write and add said additional content.
Extra running time could just as well be scenery or introducing dumber things.

You're retarded basically. You're hoping for some kind of magical fix for a shitty movie that does not exist and will not exist because the movie is in itself, shit.
>>
>>100794046
>You're retarded basically
Why are you getting so touchy?
>>
>>100794025
That's one of the problems for starters. Rei Q not being Rei actively keeps Rei or ReiQ from becoming a good character, and eliminates the philosophical implications the original posed.
>>
>>100794126
Not him but what were those implications?
>>
>>100794025
>have x character developing
>introduce y character to take over for no good reason
>y character is shittier than the previous one

That's what's wrong with Rei Q.

>>100794107
Because you're retarded when you don't have to be.
>>
>>100794126
>Rei Q not being Rei actively keeps Rei or ReiQ from becoming a good character
How so?
You need to take into consideration what Rei Q really is trying to be.
She essentially is everything Rei is not, while sharing her face.
>>
>>100794224
The most fundamental but difficult philosophical problem of them all, the subject of consciousness AKA "The Hard Problem".
It separated the mind from the body, the physical from what we think is abstract and untangible in form, and Rei narrated all along.

Rei Q says "what is like".
>>
>>100794393
>Rei Q says "what is like".
Think about that and it's implications for a moment.
Rei Q literally is an emotionless doll, which is, developing over the course of the movie into something resembling an actual human.
>>
>>100794331
>How so?
It's a simple result of shared screentime where there's little screentime already. Rei Q being there does a disservice to both characters because of this, and Rei Q doesn't really provide anything on her own.

>You need to take into consideration what Rei Q really is trying to be.
Doesn't matter what she tries to be, it's what she is that matters. Which in itself is a cliche she'll stumble on for poorly developed reasons. Rei Q is more a dud of a character.
>>
>>100794247
Not him. I assumed they're just keeping the possibility the original Rei is still around open.

I actually felt the same way about Rei Q as what happened in the manga. When the original Rei dies and the new one appears after all that character development occurs was a gut punch. But in that case it seems to work, furthers Shinji's depression as he loses a close friend.

I saw Rei Q as sort of the same thing. I'm not a huge Rei fan so maybe there's something I'm missing. It just forces Shinji to turn to Kaworu to confide in and trust.
>>
>>100794501
Yes, and that's exactly why the character is a dud, and a direct downgrade from what Rei is.

Not only is it cliched, it's repetetive and unoriginal, and nothing Rei Q does will actually matter as any kind of statement. It's simply put, pure emotionless autism moe.

Instead, you think of the implications of having that. Think of how pointless it is for Rei Q to resemble an actual human when it's not already done before, but there's nothing in the show or to the character that says she shouldn't be. There's nothing stopping Rei Q from resembling an actual human (or whatever that means) in the first place.
>>
>>100794650
>I'm not a huge Rei fan so maybe there's something I'm missing.
There is, since original Rei is also the new Rei. That's the catch, they are the same but different, which has implications for what makes the pure individual. It was remarkably well done in the original, but less so in the manga.
There is no loss of character development in Rebuild 3.0, since Rei Q is new entirely, so nothing was lost. The original Rei would still be around, but as a static element not truly seen in the movie except visions and flashbacks.
>>
>>100794247
>That's what's wrong with Rei Q.
So you are sad that the Rei you liked is gone and someone who looks just like her replaced her?
What a childish reason.
>>
Rei Q isn't much more than a doll, she's just Gendo's bait to keep his keikaku going.
>>
>>100794860
I'm sad that the replacement doesn't contribute to itself or the old one. It's not interesting, and doesn't make for good characters..
Wouldn't call it childish, it's what happened. The only childish thing that happened would be denying it.
>>
File: 1351401704112.png (731.55 KB, 1000x750)
731.55 KB
731.55 KB PNG
>>100755447
stay forever mad eternal reifag
>>
>>100794850
Alright I see what you're saying now.

See I just saw Rei as very replaceable in Rebuild and with the established knowledge there are many clones etc. I just accepted it how it was.

I like the argument you make I'm going to have to rewatch the original series again with that in mind.
>>
>>100795184
Why would a Reifag have an image of Asuka?
>>
>>100795216
In the narrative "Rei" is indispensable as usual, but the Rei-character portion is really poor to the point that it has to be some form of intentional sabotage. In changing what Rei is, they don't stop depending on the motions and the existence of "Rei", but they just make the character worse to the point of it being offensively bad.
>>
File: hipster.jpg (89.91 KB, 639x361)
89.91 KB
89.91 KB JPG
>>100795275
Because Asuka is the worst character given the developments of post Rebuild 2.0. She is the epitome of Rebuild faggotry.
>>
>>100795184

>Liking shikinami

Shit taste
>>
>>100795420
Shikinami a shit fagt
>>
>>100792881
But she's an insufferable pretentious little cunt. She's a tumblr shithead.
>>
>>100795419
How do you pronounce Asuka?
>>
>>100795482
>she's an insufferable pretentious little cunt
Remind me, how many lines did she have?
>>
>>100795518
>you need to talk to demonstrate your shitheadness

JUST LOOK AT HER
>>
>>100795486
Aus-Ka

duh.
>>
>>100795370
Thought Anno disliked Rei or something. Prob sabotage.
>>
>>100795785
He doesn't think anything at all of Rei actually.
>>
>>100795819
>>100795785
Maybe not Anno, but someone for sure.
>>
File: 1353605111989.png (1.93 MB, 1003x1416)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>100795486
Ass Car
>>
>>100795486
Ahhh-сука
>>
>>100763665
Why are Latin dubs so bad?



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.