[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 1377725117294[1].jpg (12.09 KB, 333x279)
12.09 KB
12.09 KB JPG
>SAO was a solid love story anime
>Bleach is meh
>.hack// is meh
>SnK Needs season 2
>Arpeggio of Blue Steel has the best harem
>The original Yu-Gi-Oh isn't half bad
>>
bump
>>
>SAO was a solid love story anime
I nearly vomited in my mouth.
>>
>>100738823
>Bleach is meh
>.hack// is meh

I'm confused, do you think these are unpopular opinions because you think the popular opinion is that they are good?

>>100738954
>bump

Ohhh, I get it.
>>
>>100739021
well ii haven't heard many people say those animes are bad, so yeah.
>>
>>100738823
Is that fucking Willy Wonka?
>>
>>100738823
>SAO was a solid love story anime
Foolish
>>
>>100738954
>bump
Are you that desperate for attention?
>>
>I enjoyed SAO purely because it reminded me of all the good times i had in WoW
>I love Code Geass and genuinely hope they bring me an r3
>Bleach / Naruto / One Piece are all shit.
>Fairy Tail is boring
>I actually enjoyed SnK up until I met the fan base, now I hate it.
>Ouran Host is for Faggots
>Air Gear was an amazing Anime, but the magic shit was probably a bad idea to include
>I hate Haruhi, not the show, the fucking character, she makes me want to bayonet my fucking monitor every fucking time
>Everyone IRL told me to watch Gundam 00, I did, couldn't take the mech designs seriously because I'd always remember old Bandai Commercials from when i was a kid.
>Some Dubs are actually quite pleasant to watch.

Welp, I'm fucking off back to /g/
>>
File: yomma.jpg (93.26 KB, 382x425)
93.26 KB
93.26 KB JPG
>>100739767
>>
>>100739767
I like snk despite the fanbase. idgaf
>>
>>100739150
so you must be new here
>>
>>100739919
not gonna deny, only started visiting /a/ around may of last year. still though, my statement stands
>>
File: 1265949063136.jpg (78.06 KB, 450x450)
78.06 KB
78.06 KB JPG
>I loved Nichijou but sometimes I want to punch the professor in the face
>Lucky Star is the worst shit I have ever watched in my life. I could not make it past the second episode.
> I want more shoujo manga to be animated.
>>
>>100739767
the only decent dub I've ever come across was the one for Cromartie High
>>
>>100740035
You should step out of your comfort zone and watch more dubs
>>
>>100740018
>hating professor
I do too.
>Lucky Star is the worst shit I have ever watched in my life. I could not make it past the second episode.
If you can stomach the first half, it gets somewhat better.
>>
>>100739967
Not really, lurk more.
>>
>>100740276
Fair enough.
>>
>>100740468
Thanks.
>>
I liked Wolf's Rain a lot. Stunning visuals, phenomenal music, not one character I disliked and that's pretty hard to do for me, and I just loved the concept of wolves in search for a better world. Sue me, /a/. I can't help myself.
>>
>>100740468
>>100740649
Get a room, you two!
>>
>>100740692
Stop typing like a faggot, piece of shit.
>>
>>100740752
Is this the birth of a new, epic meme?
>>
File: 1382330508229.png (246.38 KB, 518x616)
246.38 KB
246.38 KB PNG
>I still think Eva is shit
>Darker than Black is my favorite animu
>I think SnK is also shit
>I actually like some Dubs
>Contrary to what I was told, Oreimo was shit
>KLK is an awesome show
>>
>>100740808
Maybe, if this were /v/
>>
>>100740808
My word. I hope so!
>>
File: 1317841548204.png (146.88 KB, 394x728)
146.88 KB
146.88 KB PNG
Unpopular, huh.

Kyoanus made good Clannad
Kokoro Connect was excellent
Mikasa > Anie
School Days a shit
Dokuro-chan is a great parody on bad animu
Adult Nanoha > loli-Nanoha
Stardust Crusaders > Diamond is Duwang
Raildex > Index
TTGL a shit
Rebuilds are good
Minorin>Taiga>shit>Ami
Symphogeah is good
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1390073684308.png (729.87 KB, 1280x720)
729.87 KB
729.87 KB PNG
>>100738823
>Arpeggio of Blue Steel has the best harem
What? That's not an opinion that is just false. What harem? Two ships want one dick, fuck you it's not a harem.
>>
>SAO was a solid love story anime
Agreed.
>>
File: 1377529473244.png (86.95 KB, 270x250)
86.95 KB
86.95 KB PNG
>>100740934
>adult Nanoha better than loli
>>
Stardust Crusaders is vastly overrated and felt very repetitive it's only saving grace is the finale battle with Dio at the end.

Phantom Blood I feel is the most underrated Jojo, the entire thing reminded me of Victorian horror novel.
>>
>>100740863
>Contrary to what I was told, Oreimo was shit
We're discussing unpopular anime opinions here, anon
>>
>>100741116
The new in your jojo is jowing
>>
File: 39257989_m.jpg (349.95 KB, 438x600)
349.95 KB
349.95 KB JPG
>>100738823
>Arpeggio
my negro
>>
>I believe anime should only have female leads with males only being side characters or backgrounds
>I refuse to watch any battle shounen, even if it's good by /a/ standards
>>
>I absolutely love Clannad and Angel Beats even if they considered melodramatic shit by /a/m and am hyped for the Angel Beats VN
>Baccano is better dubbed
>I could barely watch Gatchaman Crowds due to Hajime's autism and semi-dropped it after the first episode (gonna pick it back up eventually, like a lot of shows)

And that's about it.
>>
>Hachikuji is close to being worst girl
>Cowboy bebop is great
>>
>>100740934
>Mikasa > Anie
That's not even unpopular
>School Days a shit
Who said it wasn't? No one actually believes it was any good.
>Dokuro-chan is a great parody on bad animu
By following the source material? what?
>Rebuilds are good
Maybe if you're retarded
>>
File: 1356614906049.gif (10.50 KB, 730x413)
10.50 KB
10.50 KB GIF
>>100741390
Female lead, as in, a female protagonist BUT the ability to have a male MC?
If so I'm sold by your tastes
>>
>>100741491
>Baccano is better dubbed
i don't know how unpopular that opinion actually is
>>
/a/ is the worst board.
>>
K-ON was okay
Free! was not good
Tamako Market was not good
Nichijou was great
Hyouka was great
Chuunibyou was okay
>>
>I liked Aku no Hana
>Sora no Woto and Shinsekai Yori are the best anime in a loooong time
>KyoAni is the worst studio recently
>Nisekoi TV is actually not that bad. Shaft made it decent
>>
>>100741491
>>Baccano is better dubbed
It really isn't.
>>
File: 1390067823781.jpg (11.65 KB, 236x208)
11.65 KB
11.65 KB JPG
>>100738823
>Arpeggio
>Harem
Only Takao has feelings for Gunzou, though?
>>
>>100741569
/soc/ and /b/ are definitely worse
>>
I watch the dubbed Spess Dandie with subtitles turned on, just to see how often they sync.
>>
>>100741712
They're in an entirely separate category to boards like /a/ or /v/ or /lit/ or /co/.

It seems to me like talking about anime on /a/ is shitposting.
>>
>>100741572
>Sora no Woto and Shinsekai Yori are the best anime in a loooong time
My afro-american sibling.
>>
>>100741765
>watching fucking space dandy


fuck off, reddit
>>
>I watch Kill la Kill for the underboobs and Makos speeches. I could really care less for the plot at this point.
>I don't keep track of what I watch
>Im a drawfag but only draw characters I like in drawfag threads.
>>
>>100741712
isn't /b/ practically dead at this point? the newfags nowadays jump straight to /v/ since 4chan gains it's e-fame from reddit,9fag etc and not from raiding other sites, and the edgy kids have all gone to /pol/
>>
>>100741784
I get that feeling sometimes.
>>
>>100741853
>Im a drawfag but only draw characters I like in drawfag threads.
There's nothing wrong with that though
>>
>>100741954
>edgy
Apparently they also jump ship to /a/.
>>
>>100738823
>Bleach is meh
>.hack// is meh
>SnK Needs season 2
I thought this was an unpopular opinions thread?...
Although I would disagree with the Bleach opinion. Change "meh" to "shit" and you'd be accurate.
>>
>>100741567

Tamako Market was good, but I easily can agree with the rest.
>>
>>100739455
No, it's Gene Wilder.
>>
>I actually like watching most dubs
>I thought the first season (?) of SAO was decent, 2nd one is pretty bad
>my favorite animu isn't evangelion
>>
>>100742196
Season2 isn't even out yet, troll.
>>
This was in an UO thread yesterday

>anime>manga, because anime is in color, has music, voice acting, animation, etc. It's simply a superior medium, and because of that even a mediocre anime is often more enjoyable than a good manga.

Which I'm pretty sure is wrong. I'll say that theoretically the very best anime is better than the very best manga, but that also requires an ASSTON more work, and the benefits are largely superficial stuff like he mentioned (color? what the fuck) unless the adaptation, animation, and acting are all extremely well executed.

Manga conveys most of the same essential elements an anime does, has more consistent quality, and will include a lot of niche but worthwhile stories that will never be made into anime simply because it wouldn't be profitable.
>>
>My tastes are better than you'res
>Fan service is cheap and deplorable
>Most series jump the shark after the first arc or two are the original premise gets lost in a mish-mash of shit.
>The monogatari series are getting worse and worse to the point where I gave up watching it.
>>
gurren lagann, not so good.
>>
File: 1389291935368.jpg (54.41 KB, 604x403)
54.41 KB
54.41 KB JPG
>>100742578
>>
>>100742352
Plus paneling and composition are a lot bigger of a deal in manga if it's done well.
And sometimes things don't come across as well timing wise (usually for comedies) when fully animated.

I still think a well done anime is a lot more engrossing than most manga though.
>>
>>100742578
I believe the general consensus is that TTGL isn't good, so much as it is better than it should be.
>>
Taiga leaving was the right decision
>>
Lolis are garbage.
Monstergirl threads shouldn't be posted here.
>>
While 3.0 is by no means a masterpiece, I think the people on this board exaggerate its issues while overlooking what it did well. Also, I doubt Anno has changed at all, and the main differences of the Rebuilds are caused by changing anime culture and Evangelion's prior success. What made the original series unique was it's ability to subvert the standards in place at the time, but now the standards are different, Anno isn't subverting anything and it's become irrelevant.
>>
Psycho-Pass is the best Urobutcher anime.
>>
>>100741567
I agree with almost every point, though I didn't watch Free! and I liked Tamako Market just fine
>K-ON was okay, Hyouka was great, Chuu2 was okay
I really don't think these are unpopular
>>
>>100742731
All I wanted from that movie was another rendition of the same ending dumbed down even more. Instead they decided to milk the cow.
>>
>>100742858
The Hyouka one is.
>>
>Cried at Toradora ending
>SAO was shitty looking in-depth on it, but it was entertaining to me
>Hate any kind of flashy action anime like Fate/SN, HxH, Dragonball, etc.
>ecchi shows without a plot (looking at you, Yosuga no Sora and Kiss x Sis) are fucking awful and are just hentai that isn't good enough to get my rocks off
>Hate chuunibyou
>Kuroko no basuke is too repetitive to enjoy
>>
>>100742919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhfiWXTBPWU
>>
Japan fucking sucks at comedy.
>>
>>100738823
muv luv extra was better than most of alternative
>>
>>100742942
>Hate chuunibyou
At it's worst it was just stupid but I can't think of anything hate-able about it.
>>
>>100740035
I usally watch subs, but somehow I managed to download Cowboy Bebops dub version and I said fuck it. The dub was pretty damn good.
>>
>>100743191
>I can't think of anything hate-able about it.
Rikka and her drama were terrible.
>>
>Kaiji is incredibly overrated.
>>
>>100743105
I agree.
Most content in Alternative was fucking useless.
>>
KyoAni makes consistently good shows.
>>
>>100739767
>I actually enjoyed SnK up until I met the fan base, now I hate it.
for me I don't hate it, I just don't find it as interesting as when I first started reading it
>>
>>100743411
yeah it's just too goddamn long. if it were an anime, it would be one of the ones that spends an entire episode worrying about one little thing and then not giving a shit about it the next episode.
>>
File: every moeshit ever.jpg (34.01 KB, 640x480)
34.01 KB
34.01 KB JPG
Moeshit is shit and anyone who genuinely enjoys it should sudoku
>>
>>100743556
obvious troll/10
>>
File: 1390186250361.png (40.69 KB, 421x352)
40.69 KB
40.69 KB PNG
>>100741954
/b/ certainly still exists, and I think they still have the most traffic.
They don't do much anymore though, I drop by from time to time and it's mostly just roll threads and cut vs. uncut
>>
>>100743303
I thought the idea itself wasn't horrible, nor the execution. The actual "drama"-uppercase-in-italics was only really obnoxious when she went to her grandparents house, but it was over quick, and the stuff afterwards was relatively solid.

The main problem I had was that I couldn't suspend my disbelief that someone was THAT delusional, but I think towards the end it becomes clear that she just enjoys acting that way despite not actually believing it.
>>
>>100739767
>I enjoyed SAO purely because it reminded me of all the good times i had in WoW
Explain this one to me because it doesn't sound like any WoW experience I've ever had.
>>
>>100742705
/a/ loves TTGL, if you think otherwise you are a newfag who've been rused into ignorance.
>>
>>100738823
>The original Yu-Gi-Oh isn't half bad

Hows this an unpopular opinion.
Lifegambling Yami is the best. A nigga who dont mind lighting an armed gunman on fire right beside his hostage
>>
I post in snk threads.
>>
>DEEN/Stay night is not as bad as /a/ makes it out to be (UBW movie was shit though, but don't count this in the unpopular opinion)
>the 2003 FMA anime is still very good, even if Brotherhood surpasses it
>Death Note was great, and it was good even after L's death
>Elfen Lied is alright in my book
>Urobuchi is not the greatest writer, but thanks to him I have interesting shows that don't follow the 'MC was an ordinary high-schooler until one day he got a harem' cliches or adaptations of LN that I'm gonna get spoiled the shit out of.
>>
Honorifics in subtitles are sloppy and awkward.
GJ-bu is forgettable and bland.
SYD is boring and unfunny.
Akame ga Kiru is shit.
Shokugeki no Soma is better than any doujin Tosh ever put out.
Fatalpulse cannot write decent mind break, despite the good artwork.

Come at me.
>>
Okay bear with me for this one

>Brotherhood is a masterpiece in anime
>Steins;Gate was absolutely fantastic 11/10
>Lain is shit
>A lot of dubs are good and well done
>Bakemonogatari was shit
>SnK was amazing and the only reason some people dont like it is the fanbase
>NGE is overrated, ending was terrible

I havent watched SAO yet, waiting for the dub which is done in 2 weeks, cant wait
>>
>>100745262
You are me.
>>
>>100738823
Jesus christ where the fuck are the mods?
>>>/v/
>>
>>100744072
Well I thought it was okay for what was basically pure action and badassery, but it didn't actually have enough substance for me to consider it all that great.
I'm pretty sure the thing I here the most is that TTGL is "good but overrated".
>>
>>100742942
>ecchi shows without a plot (looking at you, Yosuga no Sora
>yosuga no sora
>no plot
Don't blame the show for your own mental deficiencies. YnS is actually fairly detailed, especially compared to most anime.
>>
>Shit taste general
>>
>>100745262
>Bakemonogatari
The monogatari series as a whole is iffy, but Bake by itself I can't see as anything but solid.

SnK is overall pretty good if just for the premise and the action, but the story and characters aren't really anything to get excited about, and it's sort of forgettable considering that.

There are plenty of good dubs but in general subs are of better quality.

That last one has to be a joke because not only is that not an unpopular opinion I think it might be one of the most frequently stated on the board.
>>
>>100745262
>NGE is overrated, ending was terrible
This is true. I don't even think this is a particularly unpopular opinion.
>>
>prefers english titles of Anime
>>
File: 1389854105266.jpg (649.32 KB, 4000x1836)
649.32 KB
649.32 KB JPG
>>100739547
>>100738990
I wasn't a big fan of SAO, but it worked as a love story. It had kissing, sex, marriage, raising a child, and rescuing the girl from rape.
>>
File: reichan.jpg (32.37 KB, 732x412)
32.37 KB
32.37 KB JPG
Rei is better than Homura
>>
File: Asuna Profile.png (767.46 KB, 850x1092)
767.46 KB
767.46 KB PNG
>>100746177
my nigga
>>
File: plan to stop sao.png (366.20 KB, 598x965)
366.20 KB
366.20 KB PNG
>>
>>100745939

I thought the story in SnK was pretty good, had me on the edge of my bed

Its just really a lot of female voice actors in dub that annoy me. Especially when they're trying to be cute girls, it just feels forced and cringy. Male voice actors on the other hand I prefer any day to subs, I think the VAs for Kyon in Haruhi and Okabe in S;G compeltely nailed their parts so hard that if I watched it subbed I wouldnt have enjoyed them as much
>>
>>100746177
Yeah, honestly I think the real problem people have with it is that it wasn't what everyone was expecting it to be (a cool action adventure with an interesting plot) so a lot of people were disappointed. That disappointment then turned into rage when those people encountered SAO's main fanbase, which was a bunch of extremely annoying jackasses who attacked anyone who said anything about the show that wasn't completely positive.
>>
>>100746339
Only a week till Feb 1st..... I wonder if anyone will actually do it? I mean there has to be at least one lunatic crazy and depressed enough right?
>>
>>100746341
I honestly agree that Okabe's VA was amazing at his dubbed part, even better than the subbed VA.

Sue me, /a/
>>
>>100746727
I agree, but you don't get the SUNOVABITCH
>>
I think being elitist about anime (or anything) is retarded and I stopped doing it a couple of weeks ago and now I feel a lot better suddenly. I tolerate most types of fanbases now.

I dont come here much anymore because of this, I was just checking something.
>>
>>100746710
i'm planning to put ketchup on my arm and tweet pics
>>
>>100741853
>I dont keep track of what I watch
do people actually keep a diary of what anime they watch? what are you going to do, show it to your friends to prove you are an anime pro?
>>
I still dont get /a/'s hate on people watching stream(unless if a person post a picture which violates a certain rule). People just have to understand that there are some posterslike me have slow as hell connection.
>>
>>100746935
>I dont come here much anymore because of this

Nice
>>
>>100747096
I use MAL. It's nice if a friend asks for a recommendation sometimes I go on the anime recommendations subreddit, plus it doubles as a good way to keep track of stuff I want to watch
>>
Nagi no Asukara will be AOTS
>>
File: 1247876534.jpg (33.10 KB, 274x332)
33.10 KB
33.10 KB JPG
>>100747250
>I'm poor, please stop making fun of me T_T
>>
/a/ is not shit.
>>
File: 1376106788240.gif (57.65 KB, 268x278)
57.65 KB
57.65 KB GIF
>>100747250
I stream because any download happening interrupts my brothers vidya session, and he plays for a long ass time while I watch anime for a long ass time. I just want to move out of his apartment.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (453.21 KB, 810x4757)
453.21 KB
453.21 KB JPG
>>100739767
Some dubs are good, I thought the Steins;Gate one was great
>>
>>100747250
I stream almost all of my anime but that's just because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to wait through the download or I'm at uni and can't torrent anyway

>>100747360
/tg/ >>> the best /vg/ generals > /a/ > /sp/ > /co/ > /v/ > the worst /vg/ generals
fa/tg/uys are so nice it's incredible
>>
>>100747360
/a/ IS shit but what makes it so are the animeonly faggots with shit taste that dictate the majority of the board.

>>100747453
So? interrupt his shit. My brother plays on the PS4 or X360 all fucking day long and I torrent whenever the hell I feel like it. Bonus is the schadenfreude from when he rages during a GoW match and throws his controller.
>>
>>100747250
>slow as hell connection
Wouldn't that make the buffering slow as well?
Fucking download your stuff overnight you impatient fuck.

>>100747527
>can't torrent anyway
XDCC
>>
>>100747360
I normally say that opinions are never wrong or right. But that's wrong.
>>
File: 1389696300655.gif (719.35 KB, 295x360)
719.35 KB
719.35 KB GIF
>>100747453
I seriously doubt an xdcc download will interrupt anything. Also how is streaming any different? Your browser has to download the episode for you to watch it.
>>
>>100747453
So you are given the chance to fuck /v/'s shit and you just waste it streaming.

/a/ these days I tell you what.
>>
File: 1389781732509.jpg (113.29 KB, 798x958)
113.29 KB
113.29 KB JPG
>This whole thread
>>
>>100744177
So you only like Urobutcher because of something easily ignorable and the fact that you can't be spoiled on the plot? Pfffffhahahahahaha. This is golden.
>>
>COURAGE PUNCH was a good ending
>every episode of Jigoku Shoujo was enjoyable
>Dantalian no Shoka was far better than Gosick
>Shingeki no Kyojin deserves at least half its credit
>FMA Brotherhood was a waste of 2 weeks of my life
>every keion is perfect
>>
There is nothing wrong with streaming.
>>
>>100747096
i think most people on MAL do it.. it's not for showing, but discussing with other users based on the score they gave, also write reviews etc.
>>
>>100747774
Only a fucking blind retard whos never watched a downloaded episode would say that.
Fuck off.
>>
>>100747855
I disagree with your opinion but I respect your freedom to have it.
>>
>>100740018
>>Lucky Star is the worst shit I have ever watched in my life. I could not make it past the second episode.
That's not an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>100747774
>>
I like Gundam Seed Destiny. I saw it when I was 11, seemed pretty fucking nuts at the time. It has now been cemented in my mind as a good show. And no I don't give a fuck what any of you and your bitchtits have to say about the matter. I accept it's a bad show, my childhood simply refuses to agree.
>>
>>100747774
>shit quality
>watermarks
>supporting shit websites
>being a selfish cunt who doesn't seed

Nothing wrong with that
>>
File: nanoha.jpg (274.64 KB, 973x1400)
274.64 KB
274.64 KB JPG
>>100741109
StrikerS may have been shit, but you must be crazy if you think 9 year old Nanoha has more sex appeal than 19 year old Nanoha.
>>
>>100747774
I only stream if it's something I know is shit, like that one N+ show where they have giant swords. I forget the name.
>>
>>100748105
Why do you even watch if you know it is shit?
>>
>>100748182
Scientific method
>>
>>100748103
That is what he meant? I just went with favorite design.
>>
>>100748225
You take watching anime very seriously, I respect this kind of autism.
>>
>>100748227
It's ambiguous, but since this is /a/ that's how I interpreted it.
>>
>>100748182
I like having noise going on when I do something that really isn't super interesting, like pubbing in CS or something. Same reason I like podcasts. Also some shit is fun, but not good.
>>
Madoka is a masterpiece and it's not overrated at all
>>
>>100738823
These threads are nothing more than fag enabling cancer, but I'll play along.

I really liked all of the OPs and EPs from Mirai Nikki
>>
>Raildex > Index

If by "Raildex", you mean "Railgun", then this is not at all an unpopular area. Aside from novelfag enclaves like AnimeSuki and this board's Raildex generals, just about everyone seems to prefer Railgun to Index. Index and its main lead are something of an acquired taste for non-Japs.
>>
>fanservice can make me autodrop
>shonen is only worthwhile when it's comedic or absurd with an air of seriousness
>best slice of life is it's always sunny in philadelphia
>slow pacing is only acceptable if the show is really dense with characterization or has a large cast
>most early 00s anime like Martian Successor Nadesico is unwatchable
>>
-Monogatari is the greatest anime series of all time
>>
ive seen 30 anime so far
>>
File: 1383596704836.jpg (48.17 KB, 352x357)
48.17 KB
48.17 KB JPG
>>100748423
>liking the first OP
I don't know how, I fucking hated it.
>>
>>100748490
>ive

Could you be anymore disgustingly lazy and immature?
>>
>>100748467
>best slice of life is it's always sunny in philadelphia

It is.
>>
>SnK Needs season 2
Why would anybody not think this? The story so far in the anime at least is unresolved.
>>
>>100748490
I think that's ok.
>>
>>100748545
I thin this kind of unnecessary assholeness is the worst part of /a/.
>>
>>100748490
35 here, not eve
>>
>>100738823
SAO
>>
File: based mods3.jpg (117.83 KB, 1096x404)
117.83 KB
117.83 KB JPG
>>100748651
"Elitism" is the only think stopping /a/ from going the way of /v/
>>
>>100748651
I'm not trying to be an asshole. It's just ridiculous people can't take the time to proofread and at least put some effort into their posts.
>>
Manga >>>>>>>> Anime
>>
only weebs prefer subs and only weebs read manga or vns
>>
>>100748743
Elitism =/= being and asshole
>>
>>100748770
Almost all English dubs seem like they have the same dub cast over and over. I just can't.
>>
>>100748651
No reason to take the opinion of someone that can't even type out a proper sentence seriously.
>>
>>100748770
>>100748490
Goddamn these fucking threads are cancer. Mods please do something already
>>
File: waifu1.png (23.57 KB, 495x146)
23.57 KB
23.57 KB PNG
>>100748474
He didn't say correct opinions, anon.
>>100748743
/v/ can have some good posts.
>>
>>100748844
This, if anything it encourages self sufficiency, but faggots keep getting rectum damaged after being told.
>>
All VN and LN are shit, no exceptions.
>>
>People still think bleach is good.
>>
>>100748947
Being told what?
>>
Naruto has the best character development
>>
>>100748898
But that's not a proper sentence. Where is the subject? What verb is the adverb "seriously" modifying?
>>
>>100748757
Fact=!Opinion
>>
File: 1389475878068.png (50.13 KB, 325x212)
50.13 KB
50.13 KB PNG
>>100748770
>>>/co/

>>100748936
/v/ is a wretched hive of casualness and shitposting about muh tumblr and muh consoles
Any board "can" have good posts, it doesn't make them less shit

>>100748844
>H-hey, you shouldn't post like that! You might hurt that guy's feelings!
Stop being such a faggot jesus christ
If you can't post like an intelligent human being you shouldn't be on this site, it's even in the fucking rules
>>
>>100749054
You might need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
Seriously is modifying taken.
>>
>Eva was one of the most boring animes I've ever watched
>I could only watch 4 episodes of YuruYuri before dropping it
>I thought Elfen Lied was one of the best animes of it's time
>I loved magical girl animes like Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon
>>
I liked Eureka Seven AO
>>
>>100745484
filtered.
>>
>>100749146
>>Eva was one of the most boring animes I've ever watched
>>I could only watch 4 episodes of YuruYuri before dropping it
>>I thought Elfen Lied was one of the best animes of it's time

At least that's all in the past and you know better now.
>>
>>100745262
>>100745368
Shitest taste i have ever seen
>>
>>100749104
>If you can't post like an intelligent human being you shouldn't be on this site

Right! our high standards for posting quality, that's what keep this board filled with intelligent discussion over relevant matters instead of buzzword spitting.
>>
>>100739767
>Welp, I'm fucking off back to /g/
Good. You're better than this place.
>>
File: Will Smith.gif (1.46 MB, 350x239)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>Darker than Black season 2 was pretty good, if not only because of the fight scenes and glorious untz soundtrack.
>Code Geass is shit
>SnK is shit
>Some dubs are good, sometimes. Where would we be without the Ghost Stories dub?
>Rebuild 2.2 is damn good
>Ghostface Killah is the most kawaii member of the Wu-Tang Clan
>Griffisu is the bad guy
>Monogatari series is shit
>Blood Load was pretty good
>Duwang is best glorious Jojo translations
>10bit is a good thing
>>
>I've always disliked Eva and I truly don't understand the hype about it
>I love Slice of Life animes but I couldn't stand the ones like YuruYuri and Oreimo
>I fucking love shitty magical girl animes like Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew
>I thought Elfen Lied was one of the best animes ever created
>>
File: based mods2.png (279.88 KB, 1892x1001)
279.88 KB
279.88 KB PNG
>>100749353
>6. The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
File: 1368214182437.gif (1.61 MB, 314x178)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB GIF
>>100747774
>>100747984

>mfw i go to a dedicated site with embedded youtube videos that are never interrupted
>no advertisements except for ones you can hide with a click
>adjustable quality
> provides every anime i would ever want to see, and updates current shows weekly and on time
> chromecast it to my tv in even higher quality
> dont have to bumble around with download speeds
>>
>>100749509
Is that /q/?
>>
>>100749621
/co/ pls
>>
>>100749621
Yeah, and it doesn't mess with your rotational velocidensity which is a huge plus.
>>
File: bern and lambda2.jpg (39.91 KB, 480x434)
39.91 KB
39.91 KB JPG
>Umineko was better than Higurashi

>>100749672
Yes, you can tell by the low post numbers and terminal cancer
>>
>>100749142
There is still no subject.
>>
Dog Days is one of the very worst anime ever made that actually gets talked about on /a/.

Non Non Biyori was fucking stupid and the people saying they liked for the scenery are just liars who wanted to see cute girls doing cute things..

Steins;gate is a nice show.
>>
>>100749509
I don't see how "fuck you" or "lurk moar" are high quality post. I also think you did not understand what I'm saying, I just think people who freak out about shitposters and keep responding to them and see themselves in the need of engaging in argument with them are just as bad as said shitposters.
>>
File: 873975839.png (1.33 MB, 1200x1400)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>k-on is shit
>clannad is shit
>lucky star is shit
>Non Non biyori is shit
>Railgun anime is shit ( Manga is decent )
>Infinite Stratos is shit
>DAL is shit
>Evangelion is overrated
>Madoka is overrated
>Arakawa is a better love story than Bakemonogatari
>Oh and by the way...
>...Bakemonogatari is also shit.
>>
>>100749853
>Dog Days is one of the very worst anime ever made

Out of all 20 that you've watched, right?
>>
>>100749884
I can see that as add fuel to the flames, but what else are you going to do when a bunch of shit eating newfags come bumping around and notice that behavior? They will imitate it and feel as if they are in welcoming community that accepts such shitty behavior. Our only hope is to keep indirectly warning or hope the mods do something.
>>
>Evangelion is a masterpiece and a true landmark in the rise of anime, especially in the west.
>Yu Yu Hakusho is the best fighting shonen ever created
>FLCL is pretentious in an unconventional sort of way
>Despite the CGI being shit, I enjoyed the Berserk movies more than the anime. I have yet to read the manga
>Samurai Champloo is better than Cowboy Bebop

Fight me.
>>
File: 1390005824457.gif (382.91 KB, 370x480)
382.91 KB
382.91 KB GIF
>>100749911
This fucking image. Holy shit I fucking hate this. 10/10 die in a goddamn well.
>>
>>100750074
>Yu Yu Hakusho is the best fighting shonen ever created

This isn't really an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>100750074
>>Yu Yu Hakusho is the best fighting shonen ever created
No. It took a nice little manga and turned it into shitty battle-shounenshit with a tournament to get into a tournament to get onto a boat with a tournament to get to a tournament to fight in a tournament to join a tournament. Fuck that.

>>Despite the CGI being shit, I enjoyed the Berserk movies more than the anime.
>I have yet to read the manga
Opinion invalidated.
>>
>unpopular opinions threads are only started by hipster faggots and promote hipster faggotry
>kill everybody in this thread
>>
File: everyonemade.jpg (33.55 KB, 480x367)
33.55 KB
33.55 KB JPG
>>100750176
You hate it because it's true.
>>
File: 1361339456582.jpg (231.91 KB, 1920x1080)
231.91 KB
231.91 KB JPG
>>100749911
>M-my favorite animu are DEEP and MEANINGFUL, yours are just PRETENTIOUS SHIT
>Using ellipses
>That incredible amount of concentrated shit taste
10/10 you caught me hook line and sinker
>>
>>100740677
STRAAEEEEEAAAAAEY
STRAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAEEEEAAAAAEY
>>
>>100749946
Report and ignore, no need to reply, nobody is going to leave just because someone replied saying that, not to count that a shitload of comments on how that one faggot is being a faggot will just lower the board level, derail the thread, and perpetuate a pointless discussion.
>>
>Unpopular opinions thread
>Get mad at people when they say unpopular opinions
>>
File: Loreal.gif (1.01 MB, 500x502)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
I didn't sleep through a single episode of Hyouka
>>
>>100749925
Seen a lot more than you kid, and I used the qualifier of ">That gets talked about on /a/" for a reason.
>>
File: 1390401682762.png (78.05 KB, 301x209)
78.05 KB
78.05 KB PNG
>>100750176
>complaining about the truth while posting Italians.
>>
>>100748182
Might as well check if I'm right
>>
>>100750427
>he thinks this is honestly a thread for posting your shitty opinions

No. It's where you go to get lashed for having poorly constructed opinions.
>>
File: 1387181200214.gif (478.59 KB, 500x282)
478.59 KB
478.59 KB GIF
Cowboy Bebop is okay.
NGE was better than EoE.
JoJo's Steel Ball Run was my favorite part.
Samurai Champloo's ending was good. I don't get the hate.
EoE wasn't that great.
Best Type-Moon girl is Shiki.
>>
>>100750176
Why? It's correct.
>>
File: baitofbabylon.png (68.74 KB, 622x626)
68.74 KB
68.74 KB PNG
>>100749911

>guaranteedreplies.jpg

Am I a terrible person for saving this for future trolling use
>>
>>100750514
In other words its about people getting mad that people have opposing opinions.
>>
>>100750638
Shitposting is still shitposting. So yes.
>>
>>100749911
>That second part
>Tend to be less popular, because it is difficult to understand so only smart enlightened people like me like it. if it is popular than it is shit.
>>
>>100750444
I'm gonna need to see video evidence on this.
>>
>>100738823
So is "unpopular opinion" a way of saying "shit taste" now? I miss when unpopular opinions were actually just unpopular opinions.
>>
>>100750467
I highly doubt that considering there are far worse anime out there that are talked about on /a/.
>Kid
>>>/v/
>>
>>100750522
>SBR is the best
>unpopular opinion
Maybe in Japan, but it's very well liked on /a/. Best villain, best art, actually Jesus Christ.
>>
>>100750638
>Bait of Babylon
>Not the picture where they incorrectly call it Unlimited Bait Works
>>
>>100750522
>Samurai Champloo's ending was good. I don't get the hate.
We have grown so close after this long journey together.
alright see ya!
bye,
It was a happy ending but shit still leaves you feeling hallow afterwards.
>>
>>100750638
It's the best because people can't even easily counter it. So it'll just turn threads into people being angry.


>>100750522
>JoJo's Steel Ball Run
That's a pretty popular opinion.
>>
>>100750677
Opposing poorly constructed opinions*
>>
>>100750638
yes.
>>100750701
shit taste= your opinion
>>
>>100750776
Ok, sure, enjoy your SAO.
>>
>>100750703
Go ahead, name them, and explain how they are worse than Dog Shits.
>>
>>100750701
There was a time on /a/ where people accepted unpopular opinions for what they were?
>>
>>100750744
If poorly constructed is another way to say having a different than yeah.
>>
>>100750735
That makes sense when you put it like that. I dunno, I really enjoy endings like this; it makes you feel empty and hollowed out. It makes me appreciate the show more.
>>
>>100750806
I haven't watched dog days, but people occasionally talk about Naruto.
>>
File: champloo.jpg (55.17 KB, 704x396)
55.17 KB
55.17 KB JPG
>>100750522
considering the amount of casual fans of the series and how much you liked the characters interactions with one another it wouldn't be hard to see why they would be upset when it ended.
>>
>>100750800
I shall good sir. Thank you for your approval.
>>
/a/ needs to consult /k/ on how to use guns for fuck sake.
>>
>>100750806
More like, give an actual reason beyond vague non-descriptors for why Dog Days is so bad.
>>
>>100750870
You haven't seen it, but you believe you can tell me there are worst anime out there that are talked about on /a/?

You're an idiot.
>>
>>100750906
>tfw he actually enjoys his SAO
>>
>>100750980
I'm a different person. I'm just saying Naruto is a pretty shitty anime and can probably beat out anything that /a/ might find substantial.
>>
>>100749911
>jigoku shoujo
>mynigga.jpg
>>
>>100750985
It isn't that hard. I went in expecting it to be super terrible. It exceeded my expectations, but I still don't think it is that bad. I've watched worse anime.
>>
>>100750972
Insanely generic. Main character is a Gary Stu. Absolutely nobody has depth. Gets laughably "Dark" at the climax of the first season.

It's just a poorly written fanfic for Otaku's to live out.
>>
>>100750914
>vlc
>>
>>100751117
>It's just a poorly written fanfic for Otaku's to live out.

He trained all his life to become who he is and there are still people better than him, one of them being a relative. That's Gary Stu?
>>
File: 1390412105508 copy.png (298.60 KB, 600x541)
298.60 KB
298.60 KB PNG
I didn't like Madoka
>>
>Nobunagun is pretty terrible so far.
>>
>>100751246
>Trained his whole life

What the hell are you talking about? He just gets sent in to Dog World and immediately becomes an incredible fighter.
>>
>>100751261
No one did, actually.
>>
>>100751374
So you don';t even know what you're talking about. Oh well, 7/10 for roping me into an argument with you. At least I know not to respond any more.
>>
>>100751261
>>100751378
Agreed. Homura was way better as a character.
>>
>>100751378
I did.
>>
I like reading edgy series like AgK
>>
>>100751184
Millions of people use vlc. you are not alone.
>>
>>100751430
>implying you are someone
>>
>Welcome to the NHK wasn't all that great.
>>
File: 1389407166950.jpg (111.26 KB, 835x720)
111.26 KB
111.26 KB JPG
>Gunbuster and FLCL are shit
>Raildex is better than the Nasuverse
>SnK is not half bad as a manga, but the fanbase is horrible
>AgK will most likely get the same fanbase once the anime airs and the threads will inevitably turn to shit
>every time someone say SAO/Naruto/Generic heremshit are good, even if I know the person is just baiting, I squirm in disgust
>I hate /u/fags with a passion but I still enjoyed the fuck out of Yuruyuri and can't wait for a third season
>The Monogatari series doesn't deserves the popularity it has
>/a/ is the best place to talk about anime/manga. Not only from the internet, but the entire world
>The last two episodes of the Evangelion TV broadcast were unnecessary and pretentious as fuck
>Haruhi is shit
>>
>>100751428
>Muh gymnastic training

He's like 11. The people in Dog world are trained to be soldiers for far longer, yet are somehow peons compared to this kid who works out with his (Cousin or sister? I can't remember which) on the weekends for a few hours.
>>
>>100751513
Agreed. the anime was complete crap that turned a serious topic into a comedic romp.
>>
>>100751520
>>every time someone say SAO/Naruto/Generic heremshit are good, even if I know the person is just baiting, I squirm in disgust

Why do people not post unpopular opinions?
>>
>>100740863
Anon, are you me?
>>
>Humungous eyes are a plague that has always afflicted the medium. Clannad was unbearable and the characters were unrelatable because of those. Anime needs to use more realistic eyes.
>Harem is a shit genre. It caters to beta male fantasies and creates forced drama.
>Idol shows are shit and exist either to sell waifus to otaku or provide self inserts to beta females.
>Philosophical sci-fi has always been the best genre.
>More shows need to employ surrealism that can be analyzed for deeper meaning rather than just spoon feeding everything to you.
>>
>>100751648
>my tastes is shit and everyone else has great taste.

you are a bigger faggot than OP
>>
I can't stand the bait meme since people just say it since they think it isn't popular off-site when almost definately is.
>>
>>100752065
how are these unpopular? besides maybe like half of the first one. are you serious?
>>
>>100751520
>The Monogatari series doesn't deserves the popularity it has

I honestly don't get why people like it. Can someone who likes it explain? I won't judge I just want to know the appeal.
>>
>>100739767
>Ouran Host is for Faggots
I'll fight you.

Ouran is for everyone.
>>
>Berserk manga cliffhanger ending was satisfying I would not ask for any further chapters
>>
>>100752436
You ever tries saying that harem or idol was shit on here? You'll get faggots crawling out of the woodwork to defend it.

Also, saying you like philosophical or surreal shows on here is like saying "come out and call me pretentious or 2deep4u"
>>
>>100738823
>Bleach is meh
>SnK Needs season 2
>The original Yu-Gi-Oh isn't half bad
>unpopular
They're pretty popular opinions, and I personally agree with the Bleach being meh and SnK needing s2.
The anime was inferior to the manga, but it still was way above average, so a second season is necessary.
>>
Steins;Gate is horrendously overrated.
>>
>>100752065
>>Philosophical sci-fi has always been the best genre.

Fuck no, what Miyazaki said about that terrible shit is nothing but truth.
>>
I don't like the Sore Feet song.
>>
>>100752696
>You ever tries saying that harem or idol was shit on here? You'll get faggots crawling out of the woodwork to defend it.

I've never had that happen. Most I get is a conversation about how it's shit and only decent for a fap because of the girls and an exchange on LN and Manga titles for more fap.
>>
>>100740863
>KLK is awesome
>SNK and EVA are shit
God fucking dammit, you're a huge faggot.
I like KLK to a point, don't get me wrong, but I'm confused to why you dislike these two since you seem to have decent taste, especially with DTB.
>>
>>100747096
No, its for myself. I like to be able to keep track of what I've seen and what I haven't. No matter how much you liked an anime, if you've liked a whole bunch of others you may not be able to recall it at the drop of a hat. It also helps when I go shopping for anime or when someone asks for a recommendation.
>>
>>100752527
Fanservice and nice visuals.
>>
>>100753032
What sets it apart from other fanservice series? Also if you rank it as one of your favorites why does it beat everything else?
>>
>>100751520
>The last two episodes of the Evangelion TV broadcast were unnecessary and pretentious as fuck
That's a pretty popular opinion though.
And unfortunately people are also bitching at EoE.
>>
File: 1354752105874.jpg (93.73 KB, 1280x720)
93.73 KB
93.73 KB JPG
The love I see on /a/ for Nisekoi and IS merely proves my belief that no matter how much people bitch about wanting better haremshit they still eat up the haremshit given to them and honestly love cliche violent tsundere girls and cliche deredere girls and waifu wars.

SnK is shit and the fact it is such normalfag bait proves it.

Akame ga Kill the anime will be normalfag bait.

/a/ over-reacting to normalfags is a whole lot better than just /a/ turning over and turning into a emote fill hellhole like more anime forums are.

Anime trying to be deep like Eva, Kaiba or Shinsekai Yori are a breath of fresh air.
>>
File: Hurricanrana.gif (2.89 MB, 320x180)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB GIF
>>100753173
REALLY good fanservice and visuals?
>>
>>100745939
>>100746341
Related to SnK, I believe that the manga adds a lot to the characters, they started getting interesting only during the latest chapters.

I believe that another season might help in the opinion people have about the characters, since it's true that in the beginning they were pretty shallow.

>>100753173
I don't rank it as one of my favorites, not even close, but it has a distinctive style in art and dialogues and that hooks some people.
I don't believe that there are really people who have it as their favorite, but I can see why they like it.
>>
File: 1375768399350.gif (2.88 MB, 480x270)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
Attack on Titan is a mediocre series and didn't deserve an anime (fitting the popular opinion that adaptations are shit anyway)

Shonen anime with a plot consisting of constant battles with the MC being overpowered and super special are just as "pandering" as harem or SoL anime, but more childish.

Yuyushiki wasn't that great

Pic related looks better in the anime than the official manga
>>
>>100753244
No one watches IS outside of Hayate and his circlejerk. It's shit and always will be. Nisekoi fags just have absolute shit taste.
>>
>>100746619
>it wasn't what everyone was expecting it to be
Back up, buck. You may have been a secondary but that doesn't mean everyone else was. The LNs had a sizable following pre-anime and no one ever thought it was more than dumb fun.
>>
>>100752696
Point proven by>>100752791

Also the majority of people that watch anime don't have the social ability nor the asthetics to converse or court 3DPD girls so they live vicariously them harems. same goes for the girls who wish they were a star. fucking people make me sick.
>>
>>100738823
>>Arpeggio of Blue Steel has the best harem
It's called a Fleet, anon.
>>
>>100752527
>>100753032

It has more to do than that. The characters are good, it can be really funny, and in general the series is well written.
>>
>>100753244
>Akame ga Kill the anime will be normalfag bait.
How the fuck is this an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>100753377
But I've had sex before and have had relationships. Why can't I enjoy a mindless fanservice show that's a showcase for the girls?
>>
>>100753320
Thanks for you answers.
I still don't get why people like it so much but there is one thing I do get about it.
Karen is best girl.
>>
>>100753399
>The characters are good, it can be really funny, and in general the series is well written.
I disagree with everything, but it might be just my opinion here.
>>
>>100753486
>The majority
He's aware that there are exceptions and people might just like it.
>>
I loved .hack//SIGN but most of the rest was completely horrible.
Sailor Moon ties with Futari wa Pretty Cure for best magical girl show, for me.
Death Note was a guilty pleasure, but it was great for the first couple of episodes. Anything past L was shit.
Part 5 and 7 are my favorite JoJo parts.
Oreimo a shit
>>
>>100753321
Agreed. The SnK anime didn't do any justice to the characters, but that's just because it covered the most boring part of the manga.
It was starting to get interesting near the end, but it ended. It has to continue.

I understand though that there's not enough material to adapt yet.
>>
I liked s-CRY-ed. It was a fun story, with a lot of humor, that had likeable characters, a great soundtrack, and was good.
>>
>>100753962
That's a fact, not opinion.
>>
File: yoshinon.jpg (23.01 KB, 177x495)
23.01 KB
23.01 KB JPG
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was pretty good and I highly enjoyed it.
>>
>>100754039
You're my nigger
>>
File: 540738350.jpg (12.59 KB, 300x199)
12.59 KB
12.59 KB JPG
Nisekoi is absolute cliched trash and it amazes me the people who defend it and have the nerve to insult some other harem show.

Oreimo is pandering trash of the worst kind.

Romance ruins most anime,

Ecchi shows like Maken-ki, Ladies vs. Butlers and seikon no qwaser are a nice fucking change of pace with their healthy girls rather than anorexic girls most ecchi shows have or cliche'd girls like IS.

/a/ actually loves self insert black haired male hates most deviations from this.
>>
>>100753377
>the majority of people that watch anime don't have the social ability nor the asthetics to converse or court 3DPD girls so they live vicariously them harems
I fucking wish, hambeasts and neckbeards alike find each other through anime clubs and conventions and reproduce, no matter how badly you want to believe that having more sex is a good thing it really isn't
>>
>>100754292
People don't become hambeasts and neckbeards because of genetics.
>>
>>100753995
I thought /a/ hated it since it was on toonami
>>
>>100754215
>asthetics
>>>/fit/
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>100746177

I was had as fuck for the almost tentacle rape scene.
>>
>>100754351
As long as it doesn't get popular it's okay
>>
File: 1355150994777.jpg (41.86 KB, 605x441)
41.86 KB
41.86 KB JPG
>>100754215
>hates Nisekoi because it's cliched
>hates Oreimo because it panders
>likes Ecchi shit
>>
>>100754337
Also has nothing to do with anime.
>>
>>100740035

Black lagoon is waayyy better dub than sub.
>>
Master of Martial Hearts is a deconstruction of the Boku no Pico genre.
>>
>>100754450
No, it isn't. Only Dutch, Rock and Benny are good and the rest are shit or average.
>>
Boku no Pico is objectively the one of the best anime ever made hentai or otherwise, featuring incredibly high quality in production values, excellent direction, perfectly cast seiyuu, measured pacing, a deep plot that is the perfect representation of the monomyth, well written dialogue, likeable characters, smooth fluid animation, top notch character designs, immersive sound design, and a god tier soundtrack.

If you are unable to appreciate it and acknowledge it as one of the best anime ever made it is because you are too insecure in your own sexuality to appreciate art, and should fuck off of /a/ and back to MAL with the other casuals.
>>
>>100754589
This is an unpopular opinions thread, stupid.
>>
>The Black Lagoon anime is the best thing ever, better than the manga
>One Piss,Nurutu ,Blech and Fairy Tail are all shit
>I'm scared to watch EVA or Madoka
>Some dubs are better than others,namely BL and GTO
>>
>>100747774

>Stream 1080p all fucking day

Stay mad /a/, I'm not torrenting all that shit.
>>
Anime is fun, most anime that air each season are worth watching, anime isn't inherently bad if it aired on Toonami, Shonenshit isn't the worst kind of anime, hatred of moe is the least legitimate criticism of any anime, lack of moe doesn't make an anime good, sales don't prove an anime is good or bad
>>
>>100754703
>Stream
>1080p
lol
>>
>>100739767
>hating a show because of its fanbase

Are you fucking 10?
>>
>>100754589
it is so stupid that you could literally summarize it by saying that it only has enough plot to get character one and two to fuck.
>>
File: 1383090846968.png (226.99 KB, 587x571)
226.99 KB
226.99 KB PNG
>>100739767
>Ouran Host is for Faggots
>>
File: bunny.png (50.50 KB, 209x201)
50.50 KB
50.50 KB PNG
>>100754699
>I'm scared to watch EVA or Madoka
How can you be scared to watch an anime?
Why are you scared to watch these two?
>>
>>100753486
Middle school GF does not count and neither do paid whores.
Also, have people ever seen what happens when more than 2 girls like the same guy? Shit gets violent. Most of the time in anime they are all like, "I'll give you a fair shot and lets see who he picks" or "He seems happy with you so for his sake I will give up on him." I wouldn't mind watching a harem where the girls got dirty as fuck to get the MC. Rumors, fake pics, real embarrassing pics, sabotage, (simulated) sex, extortion, blackmail, etc. All of the way to the point where one goes to jail, kills, or becomes An Hero because of some trick that was pulled.

The point is willing suspension of disbelief. If you are going to make a show about 5 girls who like the same guy, make it fucking believable. Not some "He is gonna like whoever cooks and cleans for him the most" shit.

Fan service is ok and should be latched to ecchi and hentai not harem. you don't need constant fan service to make a harem any good.

Fuck
>>
>I think Yozora is the best girl and deserves to win
>I think Kirino is shit
>I hate yanderes and always will
>>
>>100754790
8/10 made me upset for a moment and then I remember this is the internet and intentionally stating a fallacy is just an attempt to garner a reaction from me
>>
>>100754517
>Revy's VA
>Shit

Fight me now..
>>
>>100754738
Moefag detected.
Nothing personal, just an observation. Go on.
>>
>>100741567
This is literally the most common opinion I've heard on this board.
>>
>>100754807
Because deepness..
>>
>>100749220
shitpost sentral
>>
>>100754817
>Yozora deserves to win

THANK YOU
>>
>>100754809
> "I'll give you a fair shot and lets see who he picks" or "He seems happy with you so for his sake I will give up on him."
Both of these happen in reality, you've been watching too many soap operas. I've only seen things become violent when it involves white trash or blacks
>>
>>100754877
I'd tear your boypussy apart.

>>100754809
>Middle school GF does not count and neither do paid whores.

What's with the insults? Really now, why can't I enjoy something that was made to be enjoyed? Why am I some sort of unloveable virgin because I just want to see some TnA in drawn form? Why are your examples taken from melodramatic telenovela?
>>
>>100750522
>EoE wasn't that great.
I'll fucking fight you.
>>
>>100754923
He's right though, /a/ just exaggerates everything into some false black/white dichotomy/
>>
>>100738823
Texhnolyze had a good ending, but not good enough to make up for how boring everything else was.
>>
File: 1390367834092.jpg (337.40 KB, 800x970)
337.40 KB
337.40 KB JPG
>>100754989
Meat is sexy as fuck don't get me wrong, but I just think Yozora is a much better girl.

Meat fans are so vocal aren't they?
>>
>funny
>>
>>100755208
Of course, and that's one of the most annoying parts of this board, the exaggeration.
Nothing is shit, nothing is perfect, learn to live with it and don't try to force your opinion on others.
>>
>I like Kirino and think she deserved to win
>I think Horizon was complete dogshit with a clusterfuck of useless characters and a stupidly confusing plot
>Kyoani consistently produces good anime
>Toradora is overrated and Clannad is far superior
>KLK is boring and just an average shounen
>>
File: Yozora 2.png (378.75 KB, 662x1091)
378.75 KB
378.75 KB PNG
>>100755255
Yeah, Meat originally drew me in
But being the tomboyfag I am, Episode 3 of Season 1 fucking switched me slightly to liking both girls
Episode 11 however, fuck me..that flipped me fully Yozora
>>
>>100754936
Madoka isn't deep at all. Eva seems deeper than it actually is. Just keep in mind that shinji is a portrayal for Anno's depression and it'll make more sense.
>>
>>100754699
madoka is good, eva is shit with giant robots fighting big monsters
>>
>>100755364
>Horizon
>Stupidly confusing plot

Pfffhahahaha, are you serious?
>>
>>100755373
I'm in the same boat, except I was a Meatfag all of season 1. When season 2 started airing, I saw the error of my ways and converted.

This scene completely sealed the deal.
>>
>>100754351
Not really, or at least, not all the time.
What /a/ hates are the retards who think that the handful of shows that appeared on Toonami or [AS] were the best and greatest anime ever created indicative of their time and made as a labor of love to the west and everything else is shit moefaggotry
>>
>>100755443
Yes I am, there were so many shitty characters with individual plots hastily jammed into a jar filed with the shit that they call a plot that assumes you know more than the anime describes. I dropped it after 10 episodes because if I hadn't explained itself by then I figured it never would.
>>
>>100755341
That's the best part of /a/, that is what sets this board apart from anime forums and other boards that just want to chat about old action anime. If /a/ wasn't filled with elitist dickwads and trolls, it'd be just another cesspool of normalfag anime taste and circlejerking the same action anime year after year.
>>
>>100755709
fuck, *it.
>>
>>100754790
I know this is bait. I know that you either haven't seen it but know it is well received and want to piss people off, or you have seen it and you think it is funny to pretend to be a retard.

That said.

Boku no Pico is one of the rare cases where I feel the need to defend chinese cartoons. Because of it's subject matter people will instantly dismiss it, and posts like yours reinforce their prejudices until it becomes popular opinion. Because I love the art of animation I feel that having one of it's best examples blindly hated because of blind morality is a threat to art and is what leads us down the slippery slope of censorship and the degradation of the art form.

Boku no Pico is the most perfect example of the Hero's Journey in modern fiction. It encapsulates every step of the monomyth with the most perfect and pure representations of stages. To call it stupid and lacks plot is that all fiction outside of a very narrowly defined set of narratives is stupid. It is a reflection of your own preferences in storytelling, and is so incredibly ignorant that it boggles the mind.

I hope you are happy. Your attempt to goad a response out of me worked perfectly.
>>
Infinite stratos had the best beach episode.
>>
>>100754764
>He doesn't know where to find 1080p streams.
What a pleb
>>
>>100755770
Stop this shit.
You can be elitist without being a faggot.

Elitism doesn't mean disregarding whole series because they're popular or getting mad at simple words because people on other sites use them.

Keep good taste, but actually think about what you're saying, and don't just parrot retarded stuff some people say because it "looks" elitist.
>>
>>100753321
I stopped reading when they were chasing after Eren and I wasn't to impressed with the characters and the story up till that point.
I'll catch up eventually-it might surprise me.
>>
>>100755709
The setting was fully explained in the first few episodes.

Each season had a small set of characters that were the main focus

The plot is extremely simple in both seasons, their basically a rescue mission with politics mixed in.
>>
>A-channel was fucking fantastic and criminally underrated
>Lucky Star is also vastly underrated because fear of its fanbase
>Date A Live is mediocre and terribly overrated; seeing huge daily general threads for a not-that-good show annoys the shit out of me
>GJ-bu wasn't really that good
>Raildex series is good
>Psycho Pass was great
>Oreimo's end was quite good, and I'm not even a Kirino fan
>Busou Shinki needs an S2 badly
>>
>>100738823
>Unpopular opinions
>>Bleach is meh
I find the pic in the OP to be very ironic.
>>
>>100755709
It explained itself and the motivations for the characters in the first 4 episodes(which is why it's better to marathon those 4 instead of watching the separately). The ending expounds on it as the MC declares war on everything.

Hell, there's nothing even subtle about it as it's whats talked about even during the characters "downtime".

Everything about it was simple as fuck and easy to understand.
>>
>>100755040
>in high school
>expects girls to handle things maturely
>people in HS are either white trash or black
I have seen plenty of disputes and none have ended like this. I'll go out on a limb and say maybe one but not that I remember.
I have seen shit like this happen. I remember in HS one girl called another girl out bc they were fighting over the same dude and called her a whore for sucking his dick and said that's all he wanted. Her response, "Damn right, and I sucked the skin of that dick better than you ever could. And that's why he want's me and not you"

>>100755087
it was a joke like
I'd tear your boypussy apart.
also the are real. I have seen them happen
>>
File: 1390146800576.png (103.89 KB, 332x389)
103.89 KB
103.89 KB PNG
Evangelion isn't worth my time.
>>
>>100755920
Who knows, it depends on what you like.
When I read it, I was slowly getting bored during the rescue arc, but it caught my interest again during the reveal of the next arc.

I was mad at first and called it an asspull, then I read the manga again and realized I was a huge faggot.
The story is actually well planned and written, but the characters are taking a while to start developing, since it focuses more on the worldbuilding in the beginning.
>>
>>100755909
>Elitism doesn't mean disregarding whole series because they're popular
/a/ doesn't do this. Seriously.

>getting mad at simple words because people on other sites use them.
And we do need this
>>
>>100756098
No it really isn't. It is pretensious QUALITY garbage that is DEEP. The only reason to watch it is if you are the type of person who is interested in the origins of a few contemporary tropes that Eva made when it deconstructed the tropes of anime that came before it.
>>
>>100756137
>/a/ doesn't do this. Seriously.
Don't get deluded here, there are cases where it happens. It even happened with EVA and FMA, it just toned down because they're slowly turning into classics because it's been a long time.

>And we do need this
To an extent, yes, but not as much as it's happening at this point.
Maymays need to stay away, but I've seen people get mad at everyday words, just because they've seen them used somewhere else.
>>
>>100756137
>/a/ doesn't do this. Seriously.

Anything that's popular in a normalfag circle has a negative stigma to it or liked ironically. Prove me wrong
>>
File: 1383767565482.gif (1.09 MB, 300x169)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB GIF
>>100743350
Yes and no. The first season was actually very good. The second season, while having more kawaiiji, was total shit. The second season taints it's image so much. 2 fucking games. only two. Are you fucking kidding me?

Anyways, fuck you all I'm excited for SAO2. Shit's entertaining and pretty.
>>
EVA is basically Gundam0079 without Bright slaps being handed out when needed and therefore show what would happen if Amuro stayed a little bitch.
>>
>>100756098
But noragami is most definitely worth /a/'s time. I predicted it before and I'll tell you right now its gonna be going far provided bones doesnt screw up the season ending.
>>
>>100756267
Samefag here, one of the words I mentioned being what >>100756223 said, tropes.

Because there's a site we dislike which has it in the name, that doesn't make the word lose it's meaning.
>>
>>100756280
Scryed was mentioned in this very thread. It is popular among normalfag shounen battle fans, and is unironically liked by the people on /a/ that are aware of it. Just this morning there was a three hundred post thread about it with exactly one negative post that was so blatantly bait that no one responded to it.
>>
>>100756118
Oh yeah- it's definitely got a good execution in terms of the larger premise. But the individual characters (so far) just feel really flat, and individual events within the story progress sort of predictably whenever that larger premise isn't being touched on.
It's basically the opposite of the reason why I could never really get excited about FMA. Each character and their stories and interactions were well developed, but there was never much of an overarching plot to get into- and what was there basically piddled out.
>>
>>100756352
It's excellent so far, indeed. My favorite of the season, really, even though it feels a LITTLE bland.
>>
>>100756280
EVA is liked here.
So is Madoka and SnK.

SnK is still having a small stigma like what you said, but people are starting to appreciate it more by the time.

Even One Piece isn't hated that much here.

I generally agree with you though, most popular series get a lot of hate, even those I mentioned.
>>
I don't know if this is unpopular on here but western music makes for better OPs and EDs than nip songs. Probably because they pick good songs rather than flavor of the week pop shit.

The obvious Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdqeu9LW2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYyCkM5Bxkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8okVPx2LpCc
>>
>>100756427
Scryed isn't really that popular though, the post had a reply saying just that.
>>
>>100756280
SnK and KlaK both have become straight up mainstream and yet i cannot even refresh the frontpage without either of them having multiple threads popping up.

Ironically I saw the potential for SnK last february and promply got off once the hypetrain started with the anime in may. One of the best decisions i ever made.
>>
File: well played.jpg (18.79 KB, 231x218)
18.79 KB
18.79 KB JPG
>>100739767
>I enjoyed SAO purely because it reminded me of all the good times i had in WoW
>I actually enjoyed SnK up until I met the fan base, now I hate it.
>>I hate Haruhi, not the show, the fucking character, she makes me want to bayonet my fucking monitor every fucking time


Nigger, Despite I beg to differ with your opinions about bleach and one piece, I'm totally agree with these opinions above and I'm proud Users like you browse /a/
>>
>>100756509
One Piece is to straightforward to really hate.
Or at least it used to be- I'm worried Oda's starting to crawl up his own ass.
>>
>>100756520
>popular in a normalfag circle
And yes it is. It isn't at the same level as the big three, but it is popular.
>>
>>100756544
Hype is as bad as having bad expectations about a series.

If a series is overhyped, you will think it's worse from what it really is.
If it's underhyped, it will appear better than what it actually is when you get to watch it.
>>
>>100756588
>Oda's starting to crawl up his own ass
Too late, he's been firmly lodged up there for quite some time.
>>
>>100756565
Bleach is a fucking mess but I can understand how it's sort of fun because of that?
I still can't stand it
>>
>>100756647
I've honestly never met a person who would claim their an S cry fan, even online S cry isn't the first thing someone would mention when itcomes to an anime they love.
>>
>>100756476
Well you have to realize the manga itself is only 14 chapters in right now. If Bones go the gintama route and do an S2 once the manga progresses far enough i can see it going places.

Overall though in terms of seiyus and OP/EP Bones fucking nailed it. Looked into the band that did the OP. They call themselves Hello Sleepwalkers but apparently /mu/ has a giant hard on for them. Cant blame them either their guitarwork is phenomenal. Wont be suprised if its nominated for OST-OTY, definitely OST-OTS material alone and OP-OTS
>>
>>100756658
I get what you were saying, but its not like that. SnK was more like the small local internet cafe i liked to hang out at, and then it gets on some lame TV show and suddenly every retard who saw it starts flooding the place, and the owner makes alot of asinine changes to cater to them. Its pissed me off and is no longer worthwile anymore.
>>
>>100756713
If you want to get into the most normalfag of normalfag opinions it is ranked 625 on MAL with 35,782 members. Not high, but much higher than a lot of things that anon considers good, and 35,782 is not an inconsiderate number.
>>
>>100756443
I generally tend to have a firm opinion only after a series' end, so it seems fine to me until now, and I like the direction it's getting.
Time will show.

By the way, your opinion about the characters makes a lot of sense for where you are in the story so far.
>>
>>100756869
He didn't cater to anyone, it's just what some retards here are saying because they misinterpreted an interview.
We'll only know near the end, until now nothing out of the ordinary happened.
>>
>>100757071
>it's just what some retards here are saying because they misinterpreted an interview.
Which is easy to do when people were making troll translations about it.
>>
>> I genuinely enjoy chunibyo.
>> I love pretentious shit.
>> I think it's fine to buy anime, and would've paid top dollar for Tatami Galaxy blu-rays.
>> There have been unforgivably bad Gundam series, but they've never made a shitty lead/title gundam design.
>> Hokuto no Ken falls apart super hard after Raoh dies.
>> Kill La Kill is the most uncomplicated fun we've had in a while.
>> Evangelion was good.
>> Araki has lost the ability to draw the Jojos for earlier parts by the end of SBR.
>> FMP:TSR fell the right fuck apart.
>> It's fun watching Kubo Kubo us every week.
>> Casuals should be forced to read Oyasumi Punpun
>> A strong american fanbase is my que to stop liking something.
>> Even if it's shit, you should never skip OP and ED.
>>
>>100757244
Yeah, that false translation was pretty retarded.
The problem is not in the translations, the problem is when people believe any bullshit they read on an anonymous site, and start spreading it like it's legit.

It happens a lot around here.
>>
>>100757071
Well thats a matter of semantics really on how much its changed due to popularity, regardless, with the advent of the popularity I started seeing the most cancerous aspect of mainstream filth picking SnK up. Tumblr Hambeasts, and I'm not talking the usual strain you'd find on /co/ making homestuck threads, I mean full blown medically diagnosed ADHD/Aspbergers who would ship a rock and a broom for the sake of shipping reading it, and wearing SnK clothing and paraphanelia. It was then that i figured Fuck it, this shit has gone naruto tier bad.
>>
>>100757606
I believe that you shouldn't care about fanbases in general, and that shouldn't be an unpopular opinion here.
I like to appreciate my anime for what they are, when I watch anything, I don't care what others think of it, and that helps in being more objective when judging something.

Also, large groups of people tend to have many retards in them. The larger the group, the more the retards. It's simple math.
>>
>Griffith did nothing wrong.
>>
>>100757864
And I generally agree with that, except in the case where the retards in the fanbase start affecting others and ruining the experience for them as in my circumstance. I have a low bullshit tolerance and would not stand for all the shipping faggotry and fujoshit.
>>
>>100757953
Technically right, he would've had to sacrifice much more if he didn't become a member of the God Hand.
>>
>>100757259
>I genuinely enjoy Chuunibyou
So do the rest of us, except for a few. That's not an unpopular opinion, this also goes for:
>Evangelion was good
>>
File: 1386599921927.gif (911.25 KB, 592x576)
911.25 KB
911.25 KB GIF
>>100739767
>>Some Dubs are actually quite pleasant to watch.
>>
I'm scared to torrent because of ISP.

any good tips for me?

i have time warner internet
>>
>>100752963
Sorry, the giant fucking retarded looking titans in SNK look worse than a two year olds drawings. Also, as much as I like watching Shinji cry for hours on end, I dont. Worst main character of any show ever.
>>
>>100758796
You wouldn't steal a car?

Support the industry by learning moon and importing BDs.
>>
>>100758796
Do it faggot, unless you have comcast I doubt your ISP will give two fucks that you're torrenting chinese little girl cartoons. Actually, fuck that, I don't think any American ISP gives a shit that you torrent anime, because anime isn't made by big Hollywood production studios that make billions of dollars and grease their pockets.
>>
>School Days was a good show
>Plastic-Nee San was boring
>Mushi-shi is uninteresting
>Code Geass was good
>>
File: 1364406947697.jpg (105.23 KB, 1133x718)
105.23 KB
105.23 KB JPG
>>100759331
>Plastic Nee-San was boring
>>
>Decide to watch Noragami because of this thread
>Fucking Hiroshi Kamiya

Hot damn I almost missed a show he was in.
>>
File: 1386877822360.png (494.23 KB, 495x700)
494.23 KB
494.23 KB PNG
>OreImo ending was good
>>
I really enjoyed watching Endless Eight when it was airing, though I agree that it was an incredibly stupid decision from a marketing perspective.
I like the original Dragon Ball more that Dragon Ball Z, with the latter being nearly unbearable half of the time.
I like Gunbuster more than Diebuster. Diebuster didn't impress me, but maybe it's because I watched TTGL several years before it.
Senjougahara is one of my most hated anime characters. I dropped the Monogatari series after Bake because of her.
StrikerS is my favorite Nanoha season. Also, the "it's just an in-universe made movie" excuse made it harder for me to enjoy the Nanoha movies.
I dropped Code Geass somewhere in the middle of the first season.

And some JoJo ones:
I don't think JoJo is a very good manga despite being huge fan of it.
When I was reading it for the first time, I liked Part 1 more than Part 2, and Santana was my favorite Pillar Man. I only started to enjoy Part 2 when I reread it before it began in the anime.
I also really hated Part 4 during my first read, despite it being my second favorite part now.
I think the art in Jojolion is really ugly, especially for someone with 30 years of experience in drawing manga.
I'm not a fan of the late-SBR art either. I think that having a realistic art style and drawing everybody with indistinguishable faces is just a huge waste of effort. There are so many ways to give unique recognizable details to people's faces, and yet with Araki's art half of the time you can't even tell men and women apart just by their faces. He could've at least done some research on facial details if he wanted to draw realistic faces.
>>
File: 1357365365644.jpg (16.41 KB, 269x231)
16.41 KB
16.41 KB JPG
>>100759331
>Mushi-shi is uninteresting
>Plastic-Nee San was boring
>>
>Mirai Nikki is one of my favorite shows
> Miyazaki movies are overrated
>yuyushiki is shit
>>
File: Creature.jpg (205.70 KB, 819x1024)
205.70 KB
205.70 KB JPG
>>100759331
>Plastic Nee-San was boring
>>
>>100738823
>>.hack// is meh
The games are better.
>>
File: 463278423.jpg (13.56 KB, 338x190)
13.56 KB
13.56 KB JPG
>>100759331
>>
>>100761724
hack sign better show



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.