[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


> One Punch Man anime
> Murata's epic drawings
> Shonen Jump chapters added
> loli
Sweet jesus this needs to happen. 10/10
>>
>>100606939
second for justice
>>
>OPM anime confirmed
>it's 5 minute shorts
>done in the original ONE design
>afterwards there will be a 6 episode OVA
>done in Murata's design
>>
>>100606939
>incomming shit fanbase
See SnK
>>
>epic

Stop posting.
>>
Mob would make a better anime.
>>
>OPM anime
>Murata draws and colors every single frame
>episodes are a flipbook of raw images in 4k
>only NASA hardware will be able to enjoy OPM anime
>>
File: OPM_Bigship.jpg (443.44 KB, 1720x1236)
443.44 KB
443.44 KB JPG
>>100607154
What ? He's right.
>>
File: 016.jpg (886.37 KB, 1720x1236)
886.37 KB
886.37 KB JPG
>>100607154
is their any other word to describe his drawings?
>>
It's not suited for anime at all you delusional kiddos.
>>
Do you seriously believe they'd be able to do it without fucking up?
It'd take 7 years hand drawn to have good enough quality to follow Murata's version and no studio in their right mind would do ONEs.
>>
File: img000005.jpg (525.47 KB, 1720x1236)
525.47 KB
525.47 KB JPG
>>100607272
>>
File: img000009.jpg (202.04 KB, 860x1236)
202.04 KB
202.04 KB JPG
>>100607382
>>
File: img000010.jpg (650.93 KB, 1720x1236)
650.93 KB
650.93 KB JPG
>>100607444
>>
>>100606939
As much as I want one, it'll never work.
>>
>>100606939
One Punch Man - The CG Animation
>>
Anime's the wrong way to do it.
What if each arc was made into a movie?
The only problem there is not enough people know of OPM so few people would see it.
>>
The manga is already animated though
>>
File: 1380092157435.jpg (62.46 KB, 490x640)
62.46 KB
62.46 KB JPG
>>
It'd have to be insanely high quality in order to look as good as Murata's drawings. Besides, one of the biggest gimmicks the redrawn OPM has is the "animation" sequences. Also, Medaka would wreck him.
>>
>>100607355
>no studio in their right mind would do ONEs
Why not? It's not that bad. And ONE's version is still really popular.
I'd prefer a Mob Psycho anime done in ONE's style anyway.
>>
>>100607021
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>Anime
No thanks, it's perfect as a manga and nobody would be able to Murata's art justice.
An anime with ONE's artstyle is a different story, 10/10 would buy the BDs.
>>
File: 10.jpg (61.96 KB, 600x849)
61.96 KB
61.96 KB JPG
>>100607743
>it's not that bad
If it was Mob Psycho quality I could see it.
>>
>>100607648
>The only problem there is not enough people know of OPM
Last time I checked it's pretty well known in Japan. It's a top 20 seller. An anime is definitely something that will happen eventually if it keeps up it's popularity.
>>
>>100607817
>Mob Psycho anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ief4qbFapZI
>>
hmmm a series of movies revolving around the arcs would be great. but an anime, i don't think so
>>
>>100607954
There's about 4 of those.
>>
If you've ever seen the Eyeshield anime, you should know that just just being adapted from Murata doesn't mean it'll look any good.
>>
i think they should meeet somewhere in the middle of ONE's and muratas (like for comedy and everyday actions use ONE's and refer back to muratas for fights and dramtic moments) i think that would be quite funny and give homage to both adaptations
>>
File: 155jh2s.jpg (214.82 KB, 992x1600)
214.82 KB
214.82 KB JPG
>>100607740
>Medaka would wreck him

Get the fuck out.
>>
One-punch man by KyoAni
>>
>>100608708
KnK showed that they can into action.
>>
>>100608677
If you're using that picture as proof then Medaka's done the same, except there was nothing left when she was done.
>>
>>100608835
Not that guy, but I think it's more impressive that he left such a clean hole than it would have been if he just smashed the whole thing.
>>
>>100608835
It took Medaka much more effort, she had to destroy the moon entirely and she was clearly severely injured by it.
Saitama threw one punch because it was all he needed, and he was totally uninjured.
>>
>>100609421
> It took Medaka much more effort, she had to destroy the moon entirely and she was clearly severely injured by it.
> Saitama threw one punch because it was all he needed, and he was totally uninjured.
You didn't read the manga, didn't you?
>>
>>100607740
> Medaka
> Living personification of a Mary Sue, pwoer is to copy and perfect any power she see or even heard of.
> Abnormal, meaning she's literally blessed with luck and extreme potential
> Needed the help of the shadow of a being born before the Universe and the rest of a fallen antic hero to get back on Earth.

> Saitama
> Punched his potential so hard in the nuts it broke

Gee, I wonder who'll win.
>>
File: [MedakaBox]-ch134_12.png (235.70 KB, 919x1300)
235.70 KB
235.70 KB PNG
>>100609421
Technically she destroyed the moon and then found a way to maintain the effect it had on the Earth to keep any natural disasters from happening. And then she beat a warlord from another dimension and then fought in a war between the concepts of light and dark (whatever that means). Then she came home and did a pose.

>>100609097
She does have a certain amount of finesse to her brute strength.

I know power levels conversations are dumb and pointless by default, but out-powerleveling Medaka takes more than just punching stuff.
>>
>>100609678
>Implying Saitama needs any powers
>>
>>100609678
How is Saitama not a mary sue?
>>
>>100609797

Go look up the definition of mary sue and ask yourself that.
>>
>>100609836
No I am asking you, how is a character who wins all the time not a mary sue?
>>
>>100609875
It's a parody.
>>
>>100609875

Because winning everything doesn't make you a mary sue. Once again, go look up the definition.
>>
>>100609957
Why does that make it okay?
>>
>>100607021
>OPM anime confirmed
>It's 5 minute shorts
>Done in the original ONE design
>afterwards there will be a 6 episode OVA
>Animated by Toei
>>
>>100609797
A Mary Sue is perfect, or at least is mean to be (the way I see it anyway, there's a lot of definition so if you have another that's cool).

Saitama isn't perfect, he's just absurdly strong.

To give you a literal example, a Mary Sue's power can be "Always be stronger than your opponent". So if the opponent's strenght is 9000 the Marie Sue will have 9001 and win.

Saitama's version goes like this : sum of opponent power (magic item comprised) = 9000. Saitama's basic strenght : six trillion.
>>
>>100609990
What makes someone a Mary Sue?
>>
>>100609875
I think Saitama kind of is a Mary Sue but not in that way.

To me, Saitama represents the Japanese people who can contribute positively to society because of their untapped potential, but get held back simply by how they're treated. He's kind of a mary sue because he sort of panders to all the NEETs that are smart (or at least think they are) but withdrew from society because of how fucked up Japan is.
>>
>>100609678
Saitama doesn't have power you can copy though, it's all hard work and dedication.
>>
>>100609875
he worked for it anon
>>
>>100610063
the shorts will be by Toei

the OVA will be by BONES
>>
File: 1361293391537.jpg (83.82 KB, 850x700)
83.82 KB
83.82 KB JPG
>>100609738
> TL-note
> Also, he simply said "devil" before "fine"
>>
>>100610064
I fail to see how either examples are different. In both examples there is no tension.
>>
>>100610064
Then how is Medaka a Mary Sue? She's very flawed once you actually get into the plot.

>>100610101
Hard work and dedication we never see. He's a gag character in a gag series that has really good art and fights. I don't see why people take him so seriously. I don't know why people take Medaka so seriously either.
>>
>>100610174
>Hard work and dedication we never see.
We did see though, did you even read the first few chapters?
>>
>>100610174
We saw Saitama training in the first chapters, even in the extras he was training.
>>
>>100607272
>>100607382
>>100607444
this is fucking art.
>>
>>100609797
He is pretty dumb, can't really do anything besides punching things hard, not really handsome actually pretty ugly and bald, no one gives a fuck about him through a big part of the manga and manages to fail to save people.
>>
>>100610174
I take him serious because he uses serious punches and is my favouritest superhero
>>
>>100610174
>He's a gag character in a gag series
Dude, shit got real fucking fast and so did he.
>>
>>100610169
Just because there's no tension doesn't mean the character is a MAry Sue. There's a clear difference here, even though the result is basically the same.

>>100610174
I dunno, I sorta see the Zenkichi VS Medaka arc as a deconstruction of the Mary Sue's character. Zenkichi even says at some point that Medaka's flaw is that she's "too right".
>>
>>100610217
>>100610244
In that sense, we see Medaka training too, but not in physical ability but instead humanity.
>>
>>100610095
>To me, Saitama represents the Japanese people who can contribute positively to society because of their untapped potential, but get held back simply by how they're treated. He's kind of a mary sue because he sort of panders to all the NEETs that are smart (or at least think they are) but withdrew from society because of how fucked up Japan is.
But Saitama had not-literally-but-close no potential.
>>
>>100610371
Saitama always was a mugga/metahuman.
>>
Only problem I can see with a OPM anime is
1. It probably will not meet expectations
2. Get popularized in normalfag circles leading to /a/ hating it and people not being able to talk about it anymore.
3. This will just leave annoying fags who fap to how strong Saitama is and bring him up in every powerlevel argument and try to defend why he would win every fight. People already do this.
>>
File: img000003.jpg (298.65 KB, 860x1367)
298.65 KB
298.65 KB JPG
>>100610174
>Hard work and dedication we never see
It might help reading the chapters.
>>
>>100610371
Medaka trains physically too, they just don't show it.
>>
>>100610450
That man loves oppai.
>>
File: 1337062056594.jpg (29.48 KB, 337x404)
29.48 KB
29.48 KB JPG
>>100608744
>KnK showed that they can into action.
>>
>>100610450
To be fair, his workout isn't really that crazy compared to the shit other people do in universe.
>>
>>100610450
Does he constantly train? They show off the ridiculous way he got so strong and the rest of the series focuses on him being stronger than everyone else.
>>
>>100610494
Oppais are love, oppais are life.
>>
>>100610400
>But Saitama had not-literally-but-close no potential
That's true, but it's part of his character and not what his character represents.

You know how in Japan, there really is only one way to be recognized and climb to the top of the social ladder? Saitama is the guy who should be there, but didn't want to go there that one specific way.

Genos is the guy who isn't as good, but he's much more popular because he did it the "right" way. That's why the two are so closely associated: it's to bring out that contrast.
>>
>>100610449
>can Saitama kill servants?
>who is stronger Saitama or Goku?
>>
>>100610449
You know what it needs?
It needs to get the Berserk treatment.

Because seeing everyone bitch about it will be its own reward.
>>
>>100609738
Well, I believe you if you say Medaka is stronger than Saitama, as I've never actually read it.

I also agree with the pointlessness of power level conversations. At some point it just devolves in comparing things of totally different levels of quality. (For example when the flash or other badly written stuff gets thrown in as an example). There should be a rule in discussing power levels where you can only name characters from shows/comics which you would give a passing grade. This way you can ignore the characters that are strong because bad writers ignore the internal consistency of their own fiction.
>>
File: 1382606543114.png (69.40 KB, 294x349)
69.40 KB
69.40 KB PNG
>>100610494

Who doesn't?
>>
>>100610514
It was relatively crazy for him. He was a huge weakling and probably fucked up everything he could fuck up in his body on his first day, and then carried on with it giving it no time to rest. Pretty much a suicide for your body.
>>
>>100610587
Being turned into a robot probably just as bad if not worse.
>>
>>100610449
>bring him up in every powerlevel argument
Wasn't the point of OPM to make fun of the powerlevel problem in Dragonball especially Z
>>
>>100610570
It should be yellow.
>>
>>100610517
I doubt he needs to train anymore. In fact he'd probably want to get weaker since everything's so boring now.
>>
>>100610514
>>100610517

That's the point. He literally started this shit one day and didn't stop until 3 years. So in this page, when you see "300th day of training", it's literally been 300 days. He didn't rest one day. That's why he's so absurdly strong, this has nothing to do with the actual workout, it's his determination.
>>
>>100610517
He probably accidentally encountered some weird shit like god's touch, or they're just gonna leave it at 100pushups, 100 situps, etc etc.
>>
>>100610619
His body was probably wrecked from the robot that destroyed his town.
>>
>>100610619
Not really. Being transformed into a robot doesn't require much raw willpower. What Saitama was doing was more akin to training every day with all his bones broken and every tendon torn.
>>
>>100610514
He did a series of excessive and shorten the timespan to do it.
It's how he was able to do 100 push up, 100 squat and run 10km.

He does all that and slowly shorten how fast it took him to do that until he broke everything.
>>
Didn't the black guy started working out nonstop too?
>>
>>100610669
Less than a years worth of dedication shouldn't really make someone the best of the best ever. Normal people dedicate their entire lives to subjects.

It's even stated in the series that his 300 day workout isn't really that crazy.
>>
>>100610751
Isn't he partially alien?
>>
>>100610749
Sounds like Netero in HxH.
>>
I don't really get the appeal of this series
>>
>>100610751
Yes and he has muscle armor, different power.
>>
File: Fresh.jpg (83.97 KB, 315x471)
83.97 KB
83.97 KB JPG
>>100609738
>but out-powerleveling Medaka takes more than just punching stuff.

Yeah, right.
>>
>>100610505
If that idol sequence didn't have you on the edge of your seat then you're just an emotionless robot.
>>
>>100610813
It's a comedy, read it and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>100610751
He sorta did. But once he got "strong enough", he stopped.
>>
>>100610087
Absolute likeability, or perfect charm. It's one of Medaka's traits: she got 98% in the vote only because a small group really hated her for being so perfect.
>>
>>100610873
So did Saitama
>>
>>100610826
Technically he never had to punch her. All the damage she got was self-inflicted until he pulled a bodysnatcher. And it also wasn't that he was actually physically stronger than her, just that the way he interacted with the world was so bullshit that he could flat out ignore just about every attack done to him.
>>
File: 1382055114378.jpg (225.02 KB, 860x1236)
225.02 KB
225.02 KB JPG
>>100610813

It's a parody of all different kinds of heroes with a plenty of hype moments and wonderful art.
>>
>>100610813
Guy is so strong that he can literally defeat everything in one punch, however is conflicted because no one thinks he is being a super hero because he wasn't registered as one. Now they are claiming that he is actually just a cheater and isn't actually a super hero because he is just taking credit for what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>100610758
Yes. As I said, that's the fucking point.

Keep in mind, his body limit was extremely low and he was basically in pieces after the first day of workout. But he then did it again the day after. And the day after that. I don't know shit about medicine, but this seems like the kind of thing that'll destroy your body if you don't rest.
>>
>>100610878
The election arc breaks down what exactly went into her landslide victory. It definitely wasn't because everyone loved her.
>>
>>100610966
Oh also the point of that was just to explain it's not about the fights, it's about a guy who is just trying to get along with life despite being the strongest being to have ever lived.

Also the other super heroes are pretty funny.
>>
>one punch anime

murata has already drawn the keyframes for a season

all we need is an OP of saitama training and an ED of him playing video games and shopping for discounts
>>
>>100610914
Saitama still grinded in the initial chapters. And he still did some more after the Beast Mutation arc.
>>
>>100610878
but only a few people bothered to vote you dumbshit.
>>
>>100610758
Again, do you see any serious athlete training with a broken leg? Saitama would do it.

His strength is pretty much a mixture of lack of basic anatomy knowledge and common sense and indestructible willpower. He just didn't give a fuck about anything, if he has to train, he will train.

It was more of a statement of his willpower and dedication than normal training.
>>
>>100611018
>saitama being able to afford video games
>>
File: Criminal_Scum.png (94.29 KB, 338x440)
94.29 KB
94.29 KB PNG
>>100610929
That's basically how Saitama works, except it's not a reality-warping power, it's just that he has too much armor to actually feel what you're throwing at him.

>>100610936
> LR
This threa dis now complete.
>>
>>100607154
Epic is a fucking word, you clown. It was used in the right context by the OP. Fuck yourself and your tryhard "am I cool yet guys" attitude.
>>
Have all the extra chapters been released where?
>>
>>100611051
>It was more of a statement of his willpower and dedication than normal training.
Again, Saitama is supposed to be the perfect Japanese person who doesn't want to live life the way Japan says he should.

His willpower and dedication are part of that.
>>
Saitama will eventually become Dr.Manhattan
>>
>>100611018
like this
http://youtu.be/YZMhgDe8Ndk?t=4s
>>
>>100611051
If a lot of atheletes were physically able to they would, but when you try and go on the field you literally can't do anything and your problems get worse.
Saitama's just special in that he has the power to push his upper limit for whatever reason.
>>
>>100611133
>His willpower and dedication are part of that.
He really doesn't have much besides that, besides a working moral compass.
>>
>>100611312
Willpower and dedication are basically the only thing Japan cares about.
>>
>>100611162
He doesn't seem to be smart enough to become a doctor
>>
>>100611111
Technically epic should only be used as another word for a long journey story. Using it as a adjective is wrong outside of mentioning said genre, ie epic poetry.
/fantasy/etc.

I personally don't care when people use epic since meaning change all the time, but yeah.
>>
>>100611298
>If a lot of atheletes were physically able to they would, but when you try and go on the field you literally can't do anything and your problems get worse.
It wasn't really different for Saitama.
>Saitama's just special in that he has the power to push his upper limit for whatever reason.
Nope, he was special in the way that he pushed his stupidity with absolute dedication, which gave him the limit breaker. Everyone "could" do that.
>>
>>100611101
then explain how he defeats the king
>>
>>100611488
Saitama wouldn't become stronger if things worked normally for him.
>>
>>100611523
King kicks his ass at video games doesn't he?
>>
>>100611542
In fact he'd be weaker because all his shit would be broken.
>>
>>100611298
>Saitama's just special in that he has the power to push his upper limit
Do you even read OPM? He didn't push his "upper limit," he transcended it.
>>
>>100611162

He's never becoming a doctor, he can't even get a regular job. Plus his ability is likely to remain, human like ability, with absurd strength. Like he can't "fly", be he most likely can jump himself into orbit.
>>
>>100610856
I read a few chapters, I didn't like it
>>
>>100611614
Imagine I said push past. Same connotation.
>>
>>100611602
he needs to practice somehow
>>
>>100611542
They worked like that for everyone in his universe. It's just that no one did it before.
>>
>>100611649
Usually with series that I don't really like the beginning of, I skip ahead to see if there is anything interesting that I would be curious about how the journey got there. If you still don't like it, then it's just not your thing
>>
>>100611684
it's not the same at all, it implies there is still a limit
>>
>>100611715
What in OPM does it say that?
>>
Alright then.
Here's the million dollar question.

Who or what can actually defeat Saitama?
What sort of power could actually defeat him?
>>
>>100609658
>comparing completely different manga series that exist in their own universe

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>100611843
Dr. Bees
>>
>>100611843
Demonbane.
>>
>>100611843
Another Saitama.
>>
>>100611799
Technically we don't know if Saitama has a limit or not. The person who said he transcended it wasn't exactly the most reliable since he could barely even understand Saitama's current powerlevel.
>>
>>100611843
He won't be defeated, but he will be outcast from society completely.
>>
File: 1347237706614.gif (1.07 MB, 250x187)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>100611843

The Power of a Bargain Sale
>>
File: img000020.png (373.62 KB, 914x1300)
373.62 KB
373.62 KB PNG
>>100611843
>>
>>100611843
Demonbane.
That's it.
Demonbanes, actually, he could probably take them one on one.
>>
>>100611843
something divine ,omipotent, or a reality warper is the only things i see defeating him
>>
>>100611843
Demonbane, but only bcause Demonbane is more broken than he is
>>
>>100611820
Where does it say that only Saitama is able to do it.

And my theory actually goes nicely with the webcomic/manga.
>>
>>100611843
A Demonbane made of Saitamas
>>
>>100611843

Gaku, from Qualia the purple. Bitch is crazy op. Also Demonbane, but I repeat myself.
>>
I actually like ONE's art better.
>>
>>100611649

It can't be helped.
>>
>>100611892
>Saitama's current powerlevel.
it's you who hasn't the slightest clue how saitama works

but go on, continue to prove your ignorance
>>
>>100611950
Wouldn't he technically be a Demonbane?
>>
>>100612001
The fact that Saitama is the only person to show results?

You're making a huge assumption otherwise, it doesn't really matter how it plays thematically. I could say that every character in OPM are actually a part of Saitama's imagination and the whole thing is part of some complex he's trying to get over. It could fit with the theme but that doesn't change that it's complete bullshit.
>>
>people arguing power levels about OPM

Literally might as well be arguing about power levels in Animal Farm.
>>
>>100612087

Most likely yes.
>>
>>100611871
>>100611950
>>100611971
>>100612003
Demonbane isn't even the strongest being in his own universe, why does everyone always cling to him in powerlevel contests?
>>
>>100612087
>demonbane created to defeate demonbane by being demonbane

No but I mean physically.

What can physically defeat Saitama?
Because what we've seen, even physics in his universe can't destroy matter, only move it.
>>
>>100612089
You haven't really proven me wrong. Nobody knows how strong Saitama really is.
>>
>>100612171
Snowball >*
Benjamin is 2nd best.

Napoleon a cheating bastard.
>>
>>100612001
>not canon
>b-but muh euphoria

/tg/ pls
if it isn't mentioned or shown in the story's universe there's no point in discussing it
>>
>>100611886
Saitama technically hit himself so his skin is harder than his punches.
>>
>>100612089
He was referring to the level of strength Saitama showcased to him, I think that can work as a "powerlevel".
>>
>>100612152
>The fact that Saitama is the only person to show results?

It's because he's the only person who tried, dumbass.

Acutally it's wrong, Garou broke his limit too for a while, which caused him to wipe the floor with every S-Class Hero. But then he met Sataima and pissed his pants, thought that becoming a true monster would help him (which was wrong) and grew weaker.
>>
>>100612218
and you haven't said anything meaningful other than completely missing the point of one punch man
>>
>>100610873
Nope he didn't. You can hear him talk about being in the gym in the original. Stop trying to understand saitama's power.
>>
>>100612152
>The fact that Saitama is the only person to show results?
Show me a person in OPM that almost killed themselves while training, and that's just because of fatigue only, and all that while still completing the daily routine.

And there can be another Saitama out there, I mean barely anyone even knows about the original one.

He is pretty much saying a big fuck you to people believing that you need some special talents or divine luck to be strong. He is just an ordinary guy punching everything into oblivion so much that barely anyone believes his shit.
>>
okay i say we need saitama to face something he would have even a slight trouble with. maybe after the recent arc in ONE's adaptation we can really see how strong his is which begs the question?
if Saitama surpassed his limits whats stopping another from doing the exact same thing.
>>
File: 1383013159733.png (93.82 KB, 735x475)
93.82 KB
93.82 KB PNG
>ONE writes a manga shitting on the idea of powerlevels and rankings
>everyone only discuses powerlevels and rankings

this is DBZ all over again
>>
>>100611941
>comparing medeka box character and logic to anything else

K E K
E
K
>>
>>100612385
>It's because he's the only person who tried, dumbass.

How do you know that? A normal newbie body builder with dedication would definitely try it and see the repercussion of their actions. If the only repercussion was pain and weariness they would just push through, but the reality is when you fuck up your tendons you literally can't work out. It's not a choice or something you can push through.

Also Garou didn't do the workout routine or really show much dedication outside of making the decision to kill every hero. Saitama was also stronger than him the entire time and that was the reason he lost.
>>
Murata's training to be an animator anyway.
>>
>>100612538
Only the main character doesn't conform to the power level and ranking structure, everyone else does.
>>
>>100612193
mosquitoes
>>
>>100612547
>>>/v/
>>
>>100612613
in what way does that contradict my statement?
>>
>>100612447
Anons previous mentions black muscle man.
Genos doesn't have any special talent or divine luck. He's a robot who has dedicated his life to beating his sworn enemy. He still gets his ass kicked all the time.
>>
>>100612590
>you fuck up your tendons you literally can't work out
You can to a degree. If Saitama's leg stopped working, he would just crawl only to do his 10km routine. Constantly trying to break the impossible made him get so strong.

Same with Garou, still fighting even though by all means he should be dead.
>>
>>100612590
I was gonna make a long post to explain you my opinion, but then I realized "wait, a drawing would be better gimme some time".
>>
>>100612409
The whole point I'm making is that Saitama has either no limit or a limit we can't imagine. Any argument that replies on either one of those points being more true than the other is flawed.
>>
>>100610813
It's a deconstruction of the shounen genre
>>
>>100612926
If he did that his arms would fuck up his legs would get work. There comes a point where you literally wouldn't be able to do the workout if you are working with normal means. How do you do pushups without arms?
>>
>>100613056
Leave him alone, he probably doesn't understand how a body works.
>>
>>100612885
Because the manga isn't about breaking power levels or whatever bullshit you're spouting.

There are power levels and shit, it's clearly a power level manga.
>>
>>100612904
>Anons previous mentions black muscle man.
Still not exactly the most powerful, and you could say some bullshit about genetics in his case if you tried.
>Genos doesn't have any special talent or divine luck.
I don't think a normal man can just hop into a robot body all of the sudden.
>He's a robot who has dedicated his life to beating his sworn enemy. He still gets his ass kicked all the time.
Probably has to do with the fact that he abandoned normal training and went for the "easy" route of getting terrifying destructive power as a robot, abandoning physical pain and fatigue normally associated with training and dedication.
>>
File: img000018.jpg (195.79 KB, 860x1236)
195.79 KB
195.79 KB JPG
>>100610299
>not really handsome actually pretty ugly and bald,
shut up with your shitty opinion
>>
>>100613056
That's when he limit breaks, because he has tried doing impossible so hard he broke it.
>>100613117
It's a manga retard. There is the supernatural portion where Saitama power ups, which is after he can do literally nothing more and still tries. He literally used up every bit of energy his body had.
>>
>>100610758
that's the joke

it's a parody, he's supposed to be overpowered, but it's also set up that he's not a Gary Stu self-insert, instead you're an observer and you derive pleasure from the wish-fulfillment he gives you with his shenanigans
>>
>>100613120
>it's clearly a power level manga
then explain why the one character who has no interest in the rankings is the strongest of them all
>>
>>100611820
That one guy who shadow boxed for so long he became some giant punching monster.

You seem to think that OPM's universe operates on our logic. Something tells me that if someone was as determined as Saitama in our world and did the same thing he did, they wouldn't exactly be able to jump uppercut a meteor.
>>
>>100610299
But you're uglier and more dumb than he is... So what does that make you?
>>
>>100613300
there's no use trying to argue with the morons who try to drag reason into a satire

they haven't a clue what OPM is about
>>
>>100613330
Because it's not the characters that should be concerned with the power rankings, it's us the audience that is supposed to follow the power ranking stuff.
>>
>>100613474
Surely not a Mary Sue.
>>
>>100613300
That's how I see the series, just trying to showcase his dedication to his workout as something super magical and special just seems off to me.
>>
did murata break his limits with the art of this manga?
>>
>>100613699
It's been heavily hinted at. His appearance occurred at roughly the same time the Mysterious Beings. One theory is that his desire to "become strong", combined with his obsessive training, transformed him into a MB. Of course, there's no way to prove this, but it's way more plausible than "He just is". Even something like "God decided to make him strong because why the hell not" is more plausible.
>>
>>100612482
hair
>>
I assume that chapters 4-27 of the original haven't been translated because it started being translated when the redrawn version was up to chapter 28 of the original, so you could just read that. Is this getting on any OCD Anons nerves? It's getting to me.
>>
I'm a savescumming faggot and I have two timelines

One with a devil horn (I'm just barely into Act II too) and one with a mealy apple which I won't be able to utilize properly until Act III, but an early devil horn goes obsolete anyways

mealy apple it is right?
>>
>>100614765
>>>/v/
You savescumming Fagit
>>
>>100614765
Fuck you, crossboarder scum.
>>
File: Saitam's workout.png (80.45 KB, 1055x1148)
80.45 KB
80.45 KB PNG
Am I doing this right ?
>>
OPM is a satire on force. If you're getting hung up on Saitama's excessive power, you're missing the entire point of the manga. You can assume that the power Saitama obtained by grinding so hard he broke himself as a human being for something secondary to just living life, a hobby, will consistently trump anything he's up against.

Then, regardless of how strong he is, Saitama still proves to be just another guy caught up in everyday troubles. It makes light of what would normally be intense, drawn-out battles in typical ONE fashion. It's one hell of a unique read.
>>
>>100611886

Garou was the closest thing to Saitama, with his limiter nearly breaking.

Saitama still beat him with a punch
>>
>>100614765
Rune Factory?
>>
>>100611619
Not the doctor part, I'm talking relations between how the stories progress.
>>
>>100616126
ONE has said that garou and boros were the same level of strength.

He killed boros because he was trying to destroy the earth, he just messed with garou because garou wasn't really evil.
>>
>>100616438

Garou is such a fucking great character
>>
>>100613842
Yes, I don't know how he can pull it off.
>>
>>100607272
Help, I'm drowning in my own cum!!!
>>
>>100616858
10 km of pen trace

100 drawings

100 coloring

EVERY SINGLE DAY.
>>
Anyone have the '10 word or less' pic?
>>
File: slap.png (98.61 KB, 470x368)
98.61 KB
98.61 KB PNG
>>
>>100617435
Don't forget, no aircon and he must draw a banana every day.
>>
File: welp.jpg (170 KB, 701x697)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>100611843
I'm willing to bet pic related can.
>>
>>100617608
She believe she can't beat the hero of the story.

Saitama is the hero of OPM, therefore she'll lose.
>>
>>100617608
Yeah well my [grahams number] abilities say fuck you, cunt.
>>
>>100617777
>>100617837
She might have a skill that turns Saitama back to an infant or his pre-training state, for instance
>>
>>100617925
So what you're saying is she has a magic box of plot armor that she can pull out whenever she wants, that's not even powerlevel based that's lazy design.
>>
>>100618102
>she has a magic box of plot armor that she can pull out whenever she wants
Yeah
>that's not even powerlevel based that's lazy design
This from a defender of a character who can probably destroy the planet in ultra-serious mode
>>
>>100611843
Ozymandias, Aleister or any other character than fight with manipulation, brains and PLANS instead of brawn.

Squirrel Girl (off panel), and other joke characters

Unblockable instant-kill characters like Kira or the Saint of Killers.

Probably most high-tier reality warpers too.

It's hard to judge Saitama's power because everybody around him is so weak
>>
Haven't read far into ONE's scribbles yet.

Will Saitama ever get recognition?
>>
>>100618221
The S-Classes heroes understood he trashed Garou around like nothing and pressured him to kill Garou, so maybe.
>>
>>100618170
At least Saitama is done in parody and we aren't told he has a magical box that can defeat any enemy no matter what.
Like say an enemy can't be touched by anything physical, he's fucked. There's no "Well let me open my box for the perfect answer to this situation", he's straight up fucked.
>>
>>100618405
>Like say an enemy can't be touched by anything physical, he's fucked
How do you know that? All of his enemies so far have been physical. Just wait and watch as he fights God and turns the tables on him because his mind is truly incorruptible or something.
>>
>>100618551

Saiama can punch the unpunchable
>>
File: 6sbzs[1].jpg (6.90 KB, 96x131)
6.90 KB
6.90 KB JPG
Someone post some guard dog
>>
>>100618551
Because he's entirely physical based.
Sure he'd be able to punch at them, but if they aren't effected by the punch (for example, some form of ghost) it's not going to do anything is it.
That's when he reincarnates as Mob.
>>
>epic
No wonder the guy shitposting with images from it is underage.
>>
>>100611843
only a time traveler can stop saitama. Just go back in time and kill saitama before he started all his training.
>>
>people arguing that Saitama's training is what made him strong

Holy fuck, how retarded are you? You're missing the entire point of the manga. The training itself doesn't do shit, he got his power from obsession.

Saitama is a monster. Most monsters in the OPM world are humans who transformed due to their personal obsessions, such as the guy who loved shrimp so much he turned into a shrimp-creature. In this case Saitama was obsessed with becoming the strongest hero ever, so that's what he became. It's not fair, and it's not supposed to be. What the training actually consisted of was meaningless.
>>
>>100618205
>Squirrel Girl (off panel), and other joke characters
What? Elaborate, please. And give more joke characters
>>
>>100620895
You're over analyzing it. It's literally his character to be able to end everything in one punch. That's the one premise of the series, there's no reason for him to HAVE a reason to get strong, only to please the shitters who want logical answers to a joke.
>>
>>100607740
THe Eyeshield 21 anime was really shitty quality, so the studio doesnt need to hold up to Murata's quality
>>
Will saitama ever get a challenge? the whole joke of him being able to win by one punch is starting to get a bit old. It would be interesting to shift the comedy to some drama for once
>>
>>100620904
Squirrel Girl was a joke character created as a tribute to classic golden age comics. Using the power of small furry rodents she has defeated top-tier villains like Thanos and Doom.

Her character basically illustrators that powerlevels don't actually mean anything in a fight, because ultimately the writer decides the victor.

I can fully imagine Saitama losing to her, because it's exactly the sort of joke you would expect ONE to write.
>>
>>100621647
I really love joke characters, and when people take them too seriously. It's a=really amusing, are there are other notable ones?
>>
File: Freeza.jpg (25.05 KB, 370x305)
25.05 KB
25.05 KB JPG
>>100608677
>Medaka

Freeza would annihilate Medaka, in his first form, using literally less than 1% of his power.
>>
>>100613143
Im actually curious how female fans react to Saitama's looks. It's not every day the main character is a bald guy.
>>
>>100621444
You should stop reading Onepunch Man, you are obviously not the target reader
>>
>>100621932

Meant to quote

>>100607740
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0gRhqrOFM

What are you doing France?
>>
>>100622557
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHs7vcTQNQ
Same Opening without all the Garble at the start.
>>
ONE>>Murata
>>
>>100621444
Go read Hokuto no Ken or something, sounds more up your alley.
>>
>>100606939
> One Punch Man anime
Good
> Murata's epic drawings
Good
> Shonen Jump chapters added
Good
> loli
And that's where you fucked up.
>>
>>100620895
...No. How the fuck do people keep skipping over the fucking explanation? It's explained by the guy from the House of Evolution. He is NOT a monster. Monsters are people who broke their limits through obsession in a negative way and LOSE CONTROL. He has broken through his limiter with sheer hard work and strong will without losing himself. Therefore, Saitama is NOT a monster.

>>100615000

Yes.
>>
>>100622557
>>100622746
>spoiling Fish King
I mean sure, we knew it was gonna happen but still
>>
From what I can understand, doing repetitive tasks turns you into a mysterious being and Saitama did his repetitive workout everyday until he became a mysterious being.
>>
>>100623552
It's pretty obvious that he underwent the same process as the monsters, only that his obsession was to be a hero, and heroes are always good so he kept being himself. Dumbass.
>>
>>100623700
I masturbate every day... I think I'm already a mysterious been
>>
>>100623770
You sound normal to me.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (446.72 KB, 736x1000)
446.72 KB
446.72 KB JPG
>>100623399
What?
>>
File: david.xanatos.jpg (23.25 KB, 353x265)
23.25 KB
23.25 KB JPG
>>100611843
>>
>>100623770
Unless you fap once an hour and do 100 strokes every time you're not getting anywhere.
>>
>>100623907
Need me to repeat myself?
>>
>>100623492
Are you purposedly asking for people to laugh at you for being a 10 year old fat kid into shounenshit?
>being afraid of lolis
>on /a/
How's your first week, faggot?
>>
File: 38968307.jpg (710.43 KB, 2443x3439)
710.43 KB
710.43 KB JPG
>>100623492
>And that's where you fucked up.
What? That's one of the best things abotu Murata.
>>
Hey anyone kno where to buy some OPM stuff from? i scearched online and i got nearly nothing
>>
>>100623907
Not that Murata.
Murata>Murata
>>
File: 2ql6d0l.jpg (49.94 KB, 448x327)
49.94 KB
49.94 KB JPG
>>100623937
>1 hour and 100 strokes

That is nothing man
>>
>>100623964
Yes.
>>100624000
Murata < Murata
>>
>>100623937
I masturbate all day when I don't have anywhere to go

Just edging all day with my hand on my cock
>>
>>100623755
Holy shit no.

Garou was not a real monster. Saitama is not a mosnter. The reason that people became mosnters is because after they break THEIR PERSONAL limits, their bodies go out of control due to "God". Saitama DEFIED THIS WITH WILLPOWER. Therefore he is NOT the same thing as a monster. A monster is when it goes wrong i.e. what is SUPPOSED to happen. Saitama is ABNORMAL, and is clearly NOT A MONSTER. There are no such things as GOOD MONSTERS. Otherwise, Garou would not have just been "wearing a costume".
>>
>>100624076
Ch-ch-ch-chill, duuude.
>>
>people talking as if ONE's already explained how everything works
>>
>>100624076
Please stop shouting. Also, we may be talking about different shit. I'm talking about Mysterious Beings, which is a term that encompasses Garou, Saitama and the monsters because it means you have become something beyond the normal through mysterious means. You yourself are saying Saitama was undergoing the same process as them, but them overcame it.
>Saitama DEFIED THIS WITH WILLPOWER.
The fact that he underwent a process at all makes him a Mysterious Being, same as the monster. I never said he was a monster. If you want it even easier, I'm saying Saitama and the monsters are mammals because they both shoot milk.
>>
>>100624287
Just chiming in, but Mysterious Beings was just a mistaken choice of translation by the original translators. They admitted as much which is why Ultimate King is basically going to just call them "monsters" from now on.
>>
>>100621234
>It's literally his character to be able to end everything in one punch

Dude.

Read the manga.
>>
>>100624834
Which means that technically, Saitama is indeed a monster.
>>
When is the next OPM? What is Tatsumaki's sister named again? I'm used to calling her Robin
>>
>>100610808
pretty much.
>>
>>100627247
You mean Fubuki?
>>
>>100627308
That's it. Best girl.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.