[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 1377292996649.png (240 KB, 1000x750)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
http://pastebin.com/w0gRFM0c

Guide:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5C7fCe07CDzYalZYZObzxv_fhw7RUNsLHiMAY-t7FA/edit
Old) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QkKNc3AYP5sOv23FRjBoCs2dDzHN83BuT1T_aRU21t0/edit

Reading List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Agk2IH0ZXhn7dDNmSW1BVFU5dVgyOHkzWjU4b2l2dkE
#l/a/nguage on irc.rizon.net

Previous thread: http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/100563655/
>>
File: ka.jpg (1.53 KB, 27x25)
1.53 KB
1.53 KB JPG
What kanji is this?
>>
>>100599739
>>
I've decided I'm going to try blazing through RTK as fast as I can handle. I would go with 20-25 new kanji but I have nothing better to do today so I'm going to keep going until I get too bored. Wish me luck.
>>
File: ehm.png (239.08 KB, 1261x905)
239.08 KB
239.08 KB PNG
I'm currentlz learning kanji from "Kanji Senpai" and I'm looking for some Anki deck, that shows the sign or a word made out of multiple signs, and then each sign divided into radicals...
Is there any deck like this?
pic unrelated
>>
>>100599839
You're not going to retain most of them if you go overboard. Learning kanji isn't about studying 5 hours one day and none the next, it's about distributing your workload evenly so that you retain the maximum amount you can handle.
>>
ワタシワニホンゴヲハナシマス
>>
>>100600091
>ワ

クソワロタ
>>
>>100599947

I know. It's not like I won't keep studying every day but I just don't feel like doing anything else at the moment so I might as well be somewhat productive.
>>
What the fuck kind of key phrase is "but of course" for 況? I looked it up on Jisho and that doesn't seem to have any relation to the meaning of this kanji.
>>
>>100600310
>況

The real question is why are you taking RTK seriously instead of learning kanji through vocab like everybody else?
>>
>>100600358
Attention: replying to this post will significantly lower the quality of the thread, please try to avoid doing so.
>>
If there is no d sound in kana where does the d in tsundere come from?
>>
>>100601137

desuuu
>>
>>100601137
There is a d sound in kana. Learning the kana takes days, just keep learning them and you'll figure it out faggot.
>>
File: wat.png (48.97 KB, 324x246)
48.97 KB
48.97 KB PNG
>>100600091
>>
>>100599947

>You're not going to retain most of them if you go overboard

What if you force yourself to go overboard every day until doing excessively large amounts of new cards becomes the norm?
>>
>>100601137
It comes from で anon please.
>>
>>100601292
>My word ENGLISH wo story trout

According to Google Translate
>>
>>100601516

watashi wa nihongo wo hanashimasu
>>
>>100599739
eru, to possess, to get hold of. える とく

but not the とく in 特別
>>
>>100601137
You're going to look back at this and laugh one day.
>>
How do i say typical food?

is 典型的な食べ物 correct?
>>
File: 1369947001959.jpg (108.32 KB, 1280x720)
108.32 KB
108.32 KB JPG
>>100601137
>mfw
>>
By the way, does any one else use the 'Kanji Chain' method for learning kanji pronunciations?

http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=6471
http://tmmia.blogspot.jp/ (EKI, jizz in my pants)

Matching one with an anime is good, I mastered all the Kanji that use き recently by tying them all to キルラキル。
>>
>>100601331
Then that's not going overboard by definition
>>
>>100601899
一般の食べ物

典型的 is more like "model, example" which could still work depending on what exactly you're trying to say
>>
File: 12312312313.jpg (102.06 KB, 740x701)
102.06 KB
102.06 KB JPG
Is it possible to transfer an Anki deck over to Tagaini?

I like Tagaini a lot more for doing kanji reps since it has the illustrated stroke over and radical deconstruction whenever you click any kanji, but I don't know how to get my Anki deck over to Tagaini.
>>
>>100601943
I'll put an example here from Episode One:

The teacher is writing 記紀 about history on the board b4 gamamoori comes.

Camera pans (draws near)寄 寄る to Ryuko. She meets a strange girl (Mako) 奇 at the school.
Mako sits down at her wooden 木 desk 机 and immediately eats her bento because she's starving 飢.

Later she ends up at her old house where she mourns 忌 her dad's death.

There were about 30 Kanji, used about 6 episodes from 1 - 12.
>>
>>100601899
What do you mean by "typical food"? Like, "typical Japanese food"? or "staple food"? or "damn you food, that's so typical of you!"?
>>
>>100603046

Yeah like typical Japanese food or typical food from Japan.
>>
>>100601899
I would just say 普通な食べ物 日常的な食物
>>
Is there any way I can reverse the front and back side for the whole anki deck?
I want Heisig's deck with the kanji first and meaning second.
>>
>>100603411
Edit > Cards > Flip

Though according to Heisig, that kind of defeats the point.
>>
>>100603596
Thank you.
Do you think so though?
I'm studying so I can read VN/manga mostly and that seems like a better way.
>>
File: 1387602872539.gif (341.55 KB, 250x266)
341.55 KB
341.55 KB GIF
Does anyone else have trouble pronouncing Japanese 'r's? I always sound stupid and like I'm forcing it. Sometimes I just find my tongue rolling for no reason. How the fuck can I pronounce these r's properly.
>>
>>100603674
The keywords are meant to help you remember the kanji, not the other way around. This is why so many of his keywords are less than ideal; his first book is meant to be a stepping stone into later learning, so he prioritizes each kanji getting a separate keyword over getting the precise meaning down. That way, you'll have their shapes and radicals (along with some approximate meaning) connected in your memory, and when you later actually learn the kanji it should be much easier.
>>
>>100603157
In that case, it's usually
伝統的な日本料理
Traditional Japanese food
Unless you mean something like "food that is commonly eaten in Japan" (that includes other kinds of cuisine), in which case it would be
日本でよく食べられている料理

Note that 料理 is prepared food, if you're talking about food in general, you can switch it to 食べ物.
>>
>>100603966
I see. Thank you. I didn't look into the book and was going to just use it as an order of kanji.

Guess I'll look into other decks.
>>
What were those grammar videos that we discussed yesterday?
>>
>>100599918
Really not that funny.
>>
>>100603934
Try to make an 'r' sound the same place you make your 'd' sound, I think, will work.
Basically,
>say だ
>try to say ら in the same location in your mouth approximately
English pronounces its r's way in the back of the mouth, but it's usually more forward. I'm not a linguist, so I'm not too technical on it.
>>
>>100604251
http://www.gwu.edu/~eall/vjg/vjghomepage/vjghome.htm
I bookmarked it.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (69.74 KB, 585x154)
69.74 KB
69.74 KB PNG
What are you reading today?
>>
>>100604534
Not the guy you're replying to, but I pronounce my Jap R's like I do my Spanish R's. It's the same way right?
>>
>>100604588
Thank you
>>
>http://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/7853723.html
What is the actual cause of the economic slump in Japan?
>問題なのは地方交付税です
>今の不景気は、企業人が競争力のある製品を作れなくなったこと(パナソニックやシャープがそうですね)、将来に不安を持った国民が金を使わず貯蓄に廻しているからです。銀行はその金で国債を買っています。まさに悪循環です。
>パチンコ等を全面禁止にすれば、無駄な消費がなくなり、個人消費が伸び国内景気は良くなります。
>日本が不景気から抜け出せない最大の理由は生産年齢人口の減少にほかなりません。
Nearly everyone is saying the problem is something different than what everyone else is saying. Are they all part of the problem?
>>
>>100604732
I don't know Spanish, but I believe so.
>>
File: blargh.jpg (166.31 KB, 500x375)
166.31 KB
166.31 KB JPG
>>100604600
I understand everything now!
>>
File: moloch_horridus.jpg (15.58 KB, 180x264)
15.58 KB
15.58 KB JPG
Would you make a blood pact and sell your soul to Moloch in exchange for fluency in Japanese?
>>
>>100605802
Silly goose that's Baphomet not Moloch
>>
File: Capture.png (1003.64 KB, 1025x599)
1003.64 KB
1003.64 KB PNG
>>100604600
With a text hooker of course because fuck if I'm going to look up the kanji for these names on my own.
>>
>>100605802
No
The best thing about learning Japanese is the feeling of accomplishment as you note your steady progress
>>
>>100604781
You do realize there is no one simple answer to that question, right? It it was that easy it wouldn't have gone on for so long. There are even those who claim it's not a slump and that the small but stable economic growth Japan has had the past 20 or so years in fact is a good thing.
>>
>>100604781
Inflation mostly, but there are a whole host of other reasons as well.
>>
>>100605802
Depends in what all that would entail.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHAhp4xtweA

This sums up /a/ pretty well, in my opinion.
>>
>>100606763
And I meant to make this a separate thread.
Sorry.
>>
>>100606763
I'd agree with some of these things. Other things are more in the realm of gaia/deviantart.
>>
>>100606879
You can always delete your posts.
>>
>>100604732
Well, like a rr, but that's how I do it.
>>
>>100607641
They're not rolled in Japanese like a rr in Spanish, unless you're impersonating Wakamoto or speaking one or two odd dialects.
>>
File: 062.jpg (372.61 KB, 1106x1600)
372.61 KB
372.61 KB JPG
>>100604600
>>
>>100607950
I only pronounce the first "trip," but a rr is the best way I know to describe it.

And this is why I wish I had my linguistics degree already.
>>
>>100602323
30 kanji from 2 hours of anime is neither efficient nor scalable to 2000+ kanji
>>
>>100606184
japan hasn't really had inflation in the last 20 years, deflation is just as bad
>>
What's the difference between the big kana and the little kana? あ and ぁ for example.
>>
>>100608409
Little kana attach that sound to the big kana.
きょ= kyo.
>>
>>100608457
I knew that the ones that made the y sound were like that, but what about the vowel sounds? Like for example, if you were going to add a ぁ to き, wouldn't you just use か?
>>
>>100608662
The ones aside from きょ、きゃ、きゅ and っ mean nothing. They're used for stylistic purposes and are the same as their large counterparts
>>
>>100608747
I see. Thanks.
>>
>>100608747
That's not true. ファ = Fa
>>
>>100609022
Yeah, you're right. There's also フォ、フェ、フィ、and all the ones with the pseudo "v" sounds, like ヴぉ、ヴぁ、ヴぃ、ヴぇ. Don't know why I forgot about them.
>>
>>100608662
If you want something you can't get with a normal kana, such as fa, you would use ふぁ or ファ, for instance.
>>
File: いいわけ.jpg (40.07 KB, 327x346)
40.07 KB
40.07 KB JPG
>>
>>100601284
>Learning the kana takes days
何?
>>
>>100610103
Depends what pace you go at.
I personally wrote each line over and over until I didn't have to look at a chart. Then I wrote the vowels and k's, until I didn't need the chart for the k's, etc.
Took me about a week, doing a line a day or so + review.
>>
>治天下大王
>implying you can read this
>>
>>100610628
>治天下大王
>あめのしたしろしめすおおきみ
>>
>>100610468
To those who don't want to go this route, I suggest kana drag and drop. It literally took me two days to memorize all the kana that way.
>>
>>100610628

I would politely exchange business cards with them.
>>
>>100610693

The very best kana learning program is actually My Japanese Coach on Nintendo DS. It's not very useful for much more than that but for kana alone it's great.
>>
When is 通り read as どおり vs. とおり?
>>
>>100611141

The former is a suffix.
>>
Anyone here knows anything about teachers in Japan? I'd want to teach in schools english or my native tongue, but I absolutely don't know how it works. How much do you get paid? Is it easy to find a job?
Please tell me about how it works. ;_;
>>
>>100611371
This isn't related to the thread's subject. Make a thread on /int/ or google it and go away.
>>
>>100611371
What's your native language? I'd suggest that you not teach in English.
>>
>>100611437
It's more than related, faggot.

>>100611472
French
>>
>>100611607
I know JET is for native English speakers, mostly Americans. I don't know what the demand for other languages are, but I've heard that the Japanese have a major boner for France/French.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
File: 1389391185729.jpg (70.08 KB, 1280x720)
70.08 KB
70.08 KB JPG
>>100611607
Get the hell out french fry.
>>
>>100611754
今は、ポテトフライを食べたいよwwww
>>
>>100611824
いや「自由のフライ」だ
>>
>>100604371
It is.
>>
File: 1374773864031.jpg (59.81 KB, 450x557)
59.81 KB
59.81 KB JPG
>>100611754
まあまあそう言わずに

>>100611700
I would have hoped the demand would be higher for French teachers in Japan than English ones, but I have absolutely no idea. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew here.
>>
What exactly does コマリ mean? I’ve seen sentences like はい、こまりましたねえ. I was told that when translated, it meant something like "Yes, were in some trouble aren't we". Does it mean something like "to be put in a troubling position" or "to be troubled"? I'm not necessarily looking for a literal translation; more of guidelines about when to use it.
>>
http://www.jingai.com/yakuza/introduction.html

An introduction to Yakuza Japanese.

Please add this to the OP :^)
>>
>>100612599
困る
>>
>>100612599
困ったな = Well, this/that/ is/was troublesome.
Or, in plain English: Well, fuck. That's how you use it in Japanese. Whenever you'd say "Well, fuck." in English, say "困ったな/困りましたね" and you're fine.
>>
http://language.tiu.ac.jp/materials/jpn/yomi/yomi07.html

This story is weird, right? Am I misinterpreting the whole thing or is it really about everyone getting confused because Jane didn't give a straight Yes/No answer and instead asked kindly for a different drink?
>>
What happens if you go to Japan and speak honestly to people?

I ain't no yellow belly. I'm a straight shooting red blooded American and I tell it like it is.
>>
>>100612080
>demand would be higher for French teachers in Japan than English ones,
Seriously? Japanese schools have English in their curriculum, from lower school. Everyone wants to learn English.
Demand for French teachers in Japan is probably less than 1/50th of English teachers. There's plenty of supply for English teachers, and I have no idea about French teachers. My guess is that it easily meets demand, just because it's so small and there seems to be a lot of weebs in France.
>>
Do you guys use mnemonics to remember the kanji? I feel like I should try it with some kanji I keep forgetting.

I'm not going by RTK even though it seems very popular here because I want to learn the common words that I need for reading before complex ones.
>>
>>100613183
That's a great way to put it, thanks

I'm still learning kanji (and I don't know all of the rules yet), but judging by the rikaisama pronunciation, 困った is pronounced the same as コマリ? Are they interchangable, or would you only ever write/type 困った
>>
>>100613566
>困った is pronounced the same as コマリ

They are pronounced the same up until the conjugation. 困り and コマリ are pronounced the same.
>>
>>100613241
The point is that the でも in コーヒーでもいかが isn't literally an "or something". It's not normal to respond with a request for some other drink (like juice or cola). In English, if you were in a polite situation and someone asked "would you care for some tea", you wouldn't just shoot back "No, I'm good, could I get a coke though?"
>>
>>100613340
Depends on who the people are. Japanese people can be quite straightforward once you get to know them better.
>>
>>100613566
困った is the past conjugation of 困る

困った - こまった (past)
困る - こまる (dictionary form)
困りました - こまりました (polite past)

If that doesn't really make sense to you, then read up on more grammar and it'll make sense. Verb conjugation is pretty early on in any resource.
>>
>>100614034
Do you have any experience with Japanese people?

I always wanted to know how people speak between friends, like if they act cheeky and jokingly assholish like we do, or if they're always a little bit guarded and inward. Fucking Japanese people goddamn, why are you so mysterious.
>>
>>100614118
I understand verb conjugation, I think it was just the first character that confused me.
>>
>>100614159
>Fucking Japanese people goddamn, why are you so mysterious.

They aren't, you're just retarded
>>
>>100614159
Yes, I have more than a few Japanese friends from my time in Japan, they like to joke between each other just as much as we do.
>>
File: rikai_def.png (3.20 KB, 335x93)
3.20 KB
3.20 KB PNG
why are my rikai definitions in Japanese?
>>
>>100614280
ah well reading back your comment this might help too.

AFAIK rikai___ will always show the dictionary form regardless how it's conjugated. (It will say how it's conjugated if it is.)

Pretty sure that extends to the sample sound thing.
>>
>>100614388
What? I want that.
>>
>>100614159

The Japanese can't handle a bit of banter.
>>
>>100614388
You donloaded a J-J dictionary for Rikai, probably.
>>
>>100614383
That's good. I've never in my life met a Japanese person, so I have this strange notion that they're all really emotionally repressed people, and they channel it all into anime and make all the dialogue reflect how they'd like to actually hold a conversation with someone but are too scared to do so.
>>
>>100611754
このコメントからKFCに行きました。美味しかったですよ。
>>
>>100614388
>>100614467
Highlight a word and then hit "O"
>>
>>100614388
O key. sanseido mode
>>
>>100614388
Sanseido mode. I forget the default shortcut, mine is bound to o.
>>
>>100614388
>>100614467
because it's the better dictionary.

It's Sanseido mode. Press O(?) While hovering over a word. Just turn off/on rikaisama and it'll tell you the hotkey for sanseido mode.
>>
>>100614388
So you learn Japanese faster.
>>
>>100614547
That's just authors and artists in general, but even they have a massive network of colleges and acquaintances. It's usually very californian and shallow, but damn if they aren't all well connected and can't shut up.
>>
>>100614606
Oh it doesn't work with rikai-chan? That's too bad.
>>
>>100614565
>>100614568
ありがと
>>
Is Osaka a better city to visit than Tokyo if you want to have some giggles and throw about a bit of banter with the boys?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WGH_NZVpns

They don't seem as uptight as the Tokyo people. Trying to have a laugh with a Tokyoian would make me feel bad because they would probably be offended and embarrassed.
>>
>>100614800
if you're using rikaichan there's no reason not to get rikaisama.

It's the chrome people that are fucked.
>>
Is rikaisama smaller, use less memory and faster than rikaichan?
>>
>>100614995
Yes. Tokyo people are uptight as fuck. Plus you'll be close to Kyoto.
>>
>>100614995
I've heard that the Japanese stereotype is true in Tokyo but a lot less so in other places, like Osaka. I think I'd rather visit Osaka, but I haven't studied 関西弁 at all.
>>
>>100614007
I'm ashamed to admit it, but you helped me a lot. It didn't occur to me her request was inappropriate. Thanks.
>>
>>100614995
somewhat unrelated and going to sound hipster as fuck:

I don't want to move to Tokyo just because there's a lot of foreigners there already. If I'm moving to Japan I want to be surrounded by Japanese. Not surrounded by foreigners and tons of signs in English.

A little more related to your video. Kansai-ben makes my dick rock hard.
>>
>>100615104
Why don't you bench mark them for us, post the graphs here and I'll give you an analysis of them.
>>
I am naturally uptight and easily embarrassed too, if anything my problem is that I am afraid of offending people so I tend to self-censor.
>>
>>100615019
Rikai-sama doesn't work on non-Windows without Wine, and Wine sucks.
>>
>>100615129
>>100615110
>>100614995
>>100614692
>>100614547
>>100614383
>>100614159
>>100614366
>>100613480
>>100613340
Seriously people, we have a board for this shit. There's even Japs there you can talk to. This thread is for discussion of the Japanese language itself and/or anime and manga.

>>>/int/
>>
>>100615104
>smaller
probably not because it has more features.
>>
>>100615210
I don't think that's true, I think I've had it working without problems on Arch and Mint.
>>
>>100615179
I wouldn't move to Tokyo because it's probably my least favorite place, as someone who's been to many different cities there, from Sapporo to Kagoshima.
>>
>>100615200
I am fine with rikaichan so I don't really care but someone said there's no reason not to use rikaisama. For me, being slower using more memory and taking up more space would all be reasons, so that's why I asked. クソPCですごめんなさい
>>
>>100614995

>"No thanks, I don't like these types of jokes. Sorry..."
>"That's impossible. That's an eggplant. Is this supposed to be a joke?"

Tokyo is full of autistic kill-joys.
>>
>>100615179
There are plenty of foreigners in any big city, especially with such proximity to Kyoto (a major draw for foreign tourists). There's English everywhere in Japan. If you want to be somewhere small surrounded by Japanese who maybe haven't ever seen an actual white guy in the flesh, go to Tohoku or Shikoku or something.
>>
>>100615211
Please, trying to separate discussion of the language from discussion of the country is plain retarded.
>>
>>100615270
Well, also until now I don't think I ever saw any features of it I really cared about that Rikaichan couldn't do.
>>
>>100615340
While this is true, there's arguably less English in Osaka than there is in Tokyo, plus the Japanese people there are more likely to have a discussion with you. I'd recommend somewhere like Kagoshima though if you wanted to get away from English, it's a nice place.
>>
>>100615458
>>100615340
>>100615277
I'll take this to heart.
I'll see where I want to visit during spring break. I'll probably take the recommendation of Kagoshima.
>>
>>100615211

Advanced level discussion of Japanese language study is almost entirely based around discussing Japanese culture, so sooner or later DJT will become filled with nothing but talking about Japan and Japanese culture.

You can only talk about kanji, vocab reps, and basic grammar for so long until it gets to the point that the majority of what's left to learn are things like expressions that only make sense if you understand aspects of Japanese culture, history, geography, etc.
>>
>>100612080
>I would have hoped the demand would be higher for French teachers in Japan than English ones
Why would you even think that? French isn't nearly as useful as English.
>>
>>100615590
If it's just a visit, Tokyo is worth seeing. It's a huge city with a lot of cool stuff. I wouldn't write it off just because it's cliche or full of foreigners.
>>
>>100615609
>so sooner or later DJT will become filled with nothing but talking about Japan and Japanese culture.

Well that's already happening, so this means that DJT should no longer exist as it now does little more than invite crossboarders and facilitate off-topic discussion.
>>
>>100615590
If you do, I suggest you take a ferry to some of the smaller islands that are close by, like Yaukshima. I don't know if you're into nature though. JAXA also gives tours of their Space Center out on Tanegashima island, if you're interested in that (or watches R;N).
>>
>>100615621
Not that guy, but the need for/value of something isn't just based on how in demand something is. There is a supply factor to the equation as well.

That said, I think there are plenty of French teachers available anyway.
>>
>>100615705
I think you missed the point. What you are calling "off-topic" is in fact the topic, is what I think he is trying to say.
>>
Been reading Yahari LNs, fuck me the anime skips out a lot of interesting dialogue between the characters, its so condensed and empty compared to the LNs.

I don't even know how anyone who read the books can enjoy the anime because of how superficial it is, I liked it when it aired but watching it now after reading the 1st LN its bothering me so much how far a part the LN and the anime is, its like skimming through the LN and picking key parts and nothing else so basic and barebones
>>
>>100614995
どうして東京が大幅自閉症あるんだろう?
そんな事分からへん。
>>
>>100615810
That's basically every movie/series adaptation ever, unless they want to spend dozens of hours covering a couple books (see: spice and wolf).
>>
>>100615810
>an adaptation left out some of the source material
Wow what a shocking revelation.
>>
>>100615770
The topic of this thread is learning Japanese and methods for doing so, in addition to discussing anime and manga within the context of learning Japanese (because we are on /a/ after all). The topic of the thread is NOT discussing Japan itself, visiting Japan, sightseeing in Japan etc. For that you have >>>/trv/ and >>>/int/.
>>
File: 1041510561.jpg (46.13 KB, 673x275)
46.13 KB
46.13 KB JPG
>paper tissues
>>
File: 1389252540065.png (636.99 KB, 1875x891)
636.99 KB
636.99 KB PNG
>>100615705

It is on-topic though. It would only be off-topic if DJT was some sort of thread that's exclusively for beginners and lower intermediates. DJT is one of the best places for discussing Japanese since the Japs on /int/ are either crazy nationalists or they refuse to speak in anything other than butchered English. Trying to get language related information from the Japanese on /int/ is exhausting.
>>
>>100615964
Thanks for your input kind sir, we will consider it carefully.
>>
>>100615964
Right, but if the topic naturally evolves into this, you shouldn't clench your anus this hard. Threads go off topic; especially such as aimless type as this one.
>>
>>100615609
If you're at such an "advanced level" then start posting in japanese. Otherwise, fuck off.
>>
>>100615962
>some
I can expect some to left out, however I did not expect most of it to be left out.
I guess you have trouble reading when I was saying and decided it was chance for you put a sarky comment! go you, you've up your /a/sshole rep! wow!
>>
>>100616164
I don't think he said he's at an advanced level. Your anger is making you irrational.
>>
>>100616123
Fuck you. You're the same type of person defending "banter" bullshit on /v/ (I don't go to /v/, but I know enough about what happened there). The mods have explicitly made it clear that this sort of thing should not be tolerated. If threads veer off topic, it's their posters' responsibility to bring it back on topic.
>>
>>100616164
もちろん日本語でも書いてるけど、これで読めるかどうか分からないから、英語で答えるのは無難でしょう?
>>
>>100616235
I think that if we generally want to talk about a well-related topic, then it's fine to do so. I don't see you as a crusader for justice preserving the sanctity of the board we love, but as someone making a conversation about Japan in the Daily Japanese Thread uncomfortable.
>>
>>100616253
いや
日本語で書き込めれば日本語でやれ
もちろん初心者の問いなどを答える場合は英語で
でもオフトピは日本語しか認めません
>>
>>100616123
It didn't evolve naturally. People just ask start conversations about it because they feel like it. Do you want people coming in and asking "How do I get japanese gf?"

>>100616253
No, because if you post in japanese at least it's on topic.
>>
>>100616405
Is it okay to talk about Japan itself/traveling to Japan/sightseeing in Japan/getting a job in Japan on /a/? No? Then it's not okay in the DJT either because the DJT is /a/. It's that simple.
>>
>>100616411
日本語で書いたら、オフトピでも練習になるからね
いい発想だね、賛成
>>
>>100616424
>talking about japan is not on topic in a japanese thread
>>
>>100616490
If you want to talk about what's okay on /a/ this whole thread should be deleted.
>>
>>100616513
Exactly.
>>
>>100615705
I think people should move out of DJT when they are able to.
It is a shame we don't have anywhere to really discuss what we are reading like novels or LNs in Japanese.
/jp/ has the untranslated VN thread though.

You guys no matter what topic or thread you like to see who can piss the highest up the rope and try to out do each other, its hilarious to see you shitpost and then get a shitpost in reply and then try to outshitpost each other.
>>
>>100616424
I think you're committing the slippery slope fallacy. We can discuss Japan in the Daily Japanese Thread while at the same time disregarding people who ask for dating advice. I simply don't view asking questions about, for instance, the culture of people in Kyoto, harmful.
>>
>>100616573
This thread generally is retarded about 15% useful content and questions and 85% retards arguing and shitposting.
>>
>>100616573
The DJT itself is an exception and only because it's to discuss learning Japanese for the purpose of watching anime/reading manga, VNs etc. If it's just going to devolve into normalfag discussion every time from now on, I agree it should be deleted.
>>
このスレは翻訳者の教育のためのスレなので、一応その理屈で認められてるらしいよね
だから日本の国が話題じゃなくて、日本語の勉強と翻訳が話題だというわけだね
>>
>>100616490
>because the DJT is /a/
But that's wrong. DJT is A thread on /a/, not /a/ itself. DJT isn't even something that should be on /a/ but it's an exception.
>>
>>100616697
I don't see any normalfag discussion.
>>
>>100616622
>I simply don't view asking questions about, for instance, the culture of people in Kyoto, harmful.

What "you" view as harmful has nothing to do with the rules of the board and what is on and off topic. You're not the rules.
>>
>another one of these threads
It was about that time, I guess
>>
>>100616763
Fine, non-/a/ related discussion. There's plenty of it in this very thread unfortunately.
>>
>>100616773
And neither are you. If DJT is already an exception to what's allowed on /a/, who are you to decide what's relevant to the thread?
>>
>>100615211
You do realize mods gave the thumbs up for DJTs on /a/, right?
>>
>>100615964

>discussing Japan itself

You can't learn much past intermediate Japanese without learning about Japan. Huge aspects of any language, especially Japanese, are heavily tied into the culture and make no sense unless you learn about their country, their culture, and their history.
>>
>>100616777
ただのメタスレだけどね
>>
>>100616777
It's like when you're parents are fighting, you just have to close your eyes and hope it stops soon.
>>
>>100616773
Right, but we were talking about how it's the posters' responsibility to self-moderate; naturally the posters will self-moderate in the way they think is right rather than simply what it says in the rules.
>>
>>100616777
To be honest, this thread doesn't really serve as much, I mean the only use I have for it is to dump materials for others to use.

>>100616876
Anon, don't so casually talk about your scarred childhood, it's too sad.
>>
>>100616916
Yes, which is why this meta discusssion is not entirely useless. I think that if people can agree to behave well this thread would improve in quality. Of course, we can't even seem to agree what "behaving well" consists of...
>>
>>100616849
Fuck off, that's a piss poor excuse for 1000 posts about "what do I do in Japan" "how do I get a job in Japan" "look at my jgf" and you fucking know it. This has no place in the DJT. What you're talking about can take place without devolving into offtopic shit if said offtopic shit was explicitly banned. e.g.

>what does this jukugo mean figuratively
>it means so and so because this and that in Japan happened
>the end, no jgf, no Japanese jobs, no sightseeing

Is it that hard?
>>
>>100616916
And that's obviously a problem because it's against the rules. Are you actually defending breaking the rules of /a/?
>>
>>100616849
日本語で話したら許されるので、ご自由にどうぞ…
>>
>>100616989
>another slippery slope argument mentioning japanese gfs
I think we can all see what you're really butthurt about now
>>
>>100617059
The jgf shitposter?
>>
>>100617059
Nice, if you have no other arguments I suggest you stop posting.
>>
>>100617048
>he thinks moot's decisions on what is/isn't allowed on a board are infallible
pfft
>>
>>100617048
I don't believe in legalism.
>>
>>100617052
彼なら日本語できなくて日本の話がしたいだけかと・・・
>>
>>100617114
I suggest you take your own advice, since the shit hyperbole you're trying to make into a point isn't helping anyone.
>>
>>100617122
Except they are. This is moot's website, you follow his rules or get banned. Make your own jgf website and go post there if you're so inclined and nobody will bitch at you.
>>
>>100617140
So you admit to being nothing more a rulebreaking shitposter and thus prove my point as to why this sort of shit must be removed from the DJT.
>>
>>100617147
それなら悲しいな
あの人の肩を持ちたいけど、まるで日本語なんて興味ないんだね
>>
File: 1381654590334.png (239.20 KB, 813x407)
239.20 KB
239.20 KB PNG
>Every DJT thread eventually devolves into a massive argument about something very trivial where both sides are throwing huge drug-fueled walls of text at each other.

I'm more convinced than ever that most of the people in this thread are on drugs.

I grew up around white supremacist methheads and I saw this kind of thing every single day. You develop something like a tweaker radar that allows you to spot the mannerisms and my radar is going off right now. These drugs are making you argue for hours about something that you don't even care about.

STOP HONKING THE PIPE, DJT
YOU'RE OUT OF CONTROL
>>
>>100617182
Why are you so obsessed with jgfs to the point where you mention it in completely unrelated posts?
>>
>>100617247
>So you admit to being nothing more a rulebreaking shitposter
I don't think I did that, no. I also think "rulebreaker" as an insult is a bootlicker sentiment.
>>
>>100617181
Oh please. You're the one arguing that learning Japanese equates to learning every aspect of Japanese culture for some inane reason and I'm making a hyperbole? That's fucking laughable. At least try to think of a less pathetic excuse to justify your off-topic bullshit or better yet, just leave already.
>>
>>100617295
The drug is just 4chan dude.
>>
>>100617315
Because it's a pristine example of the type of shitposting that's been plaguing the DJT lately and the thing that must be eliminated from it if it is to stop being a offtopic shit magnet.
>>
>>100617295
You just described the entirety of /a/, so... Also I've never taken drugs and yet I have engaged in pointless arguments lasting hours, I think it probably has something to do with male hormones or something.
>>
>>100617330
>You're the one arguing that learning Japanese equates to learning every aspect of Japanese culture for some inane reason
Great strawman, learning more about the culture doesn't equate to learning every aspect of it, shitbag. Good job making up shit on your own and shoving it into the mouths of others. Your hyperbole on the other hand...
>1000 posts about "what do I do in Japan" "how do I get a job in Japan" "look at my jgf"
>>
>>100617418
As men we must defend our honor. No guy on the internet shall best me in an argument!
>>
>>100617416
You were the first faggot to mention it though.
>>
>>100617328
No, you definitely did do it with your own posts. You're saying breaking the rules is okay because of some strange reason only you seem to comprehend which does make you a shitposter. This sort of thing has happened before and the outcome has always been a variation of "just discuss things that are on topic, retards" by a (reasonably) exasperated mod.
>>
>>100617550
>yfw moot is the biggest shitposter/rulebreaker on 4chan
>>
>経営
>処理
>管理

Stop arguing and elaborate on the differences.
>>
>>100617457
Your entire argument rests on the fallacy that somehow, because we're learning the Japanese language, we should also be discussing Japan itself and discussing every aspect of Japanese life and culture should be tolerated. Now this is clearly incorrect firstly because doing so is in clear violation of /a/'s rules and secondly because this is outside of the topic range of the thread you're currently in. No matter what bizarre excuses you may create to justify this fallacy, it remains a fallacy.
>>
>>100617550
I don't believe we are breaking the rules when we discuss the culture in Osaka. Now, since you are making that argument, I also don't think it's always wrong to break the rules, so even if we actually were, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>100617490
I thought it was because everyone was a lonely neet with no friends like me who out of pure boredom tried to have some internet skinship borne out of arguing and calling each other interesting names and sometimes its with half the thread mocking you and as you fight bitch tears and you make a witty comment in response but you fuck it up and turn your computer off in shame.
>>
>>100617521
No, I can assure you I'm not the disturbed individual who has been talking about his "jgf" for weeks on end around these parts, just one of the many unfortunate bystanders. Either way what he's posting is exactly as bad as 450 out of the 500 replies this thread is going to get being about Japanese food/travel etc and not actually about learning Japanese, which is why I used it as an example to begin with.
>>
File: Mr.James.png (102.70 KB, 573x315)
102.70 KB
102.70 KB PNG
>>100617295
>>Every DJT thread eventually devolves into a massive argument about something very trivial where both sides are throwing huge drug-fueled walls of text at each other.

Aspegers is hell of a drug.
>>
>>100617663
>doing so is in clear violation of /a/'s rules
This thread is in clear violation of /a/'s rules, that only exists by the blessing of the mods. However, I don't remember them outlawing tangentially related discussion about Japanese culture within the thread, considering it's related to the language about as much as the langue is related to anime/manga.
>>
File: 1366392954965.jpg (9.37 KB, 180x180)
9.37 KB
9.37 KB JPG
>>100617702
>I also don't think it's always wrong to break the rules, so even if we actually were, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

Well, since it's come down to this,

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1382149265752.jpg (46.73 KB, 634x354)
46.73 KB
46.73 KB JPG
>>100617416

The best way to eliminate that is to educate people about how Japanese women are just as terrible as western women and then to direct their lust towards dating simulators such as Love Plus.

People ask about Japanese girlfriends because they're desperately lonely and suffering from the delusion that Japanese women are better than the women that they've encountered. If they knew the truth about the darkness and hatred that lies beneath the deceivingly sweet smiles of Japanese girls then they would never ask these questions again.
>>
>>100617852
You are a bootlicker and a legalist scumbag.
>>
>>100617826
>that only exists by the blessing of the mods.

Exactly. The mods have made an exception for this. They have NOT made an exception for the rest of the offtopic shit that gets posted here for whatever reason. You might as well be asking what's wrong with posting CP.
>>
>>100617852
Reminder that slavery was once legal, some rules and laws are pretty fucking arbitrary.
>>
>>100617826
Levels of separation matter.
The japanese language is one level of separation away from anime and manga. Japanese culture is two levels of separation away. I'm pretty sure Moot even made a news post about allowing 1 level of separation but not several levels of separation. Otherwise you end up with shitholes like /fit/.
>>
>>100617933
Oh you so edgy child, why can you not understand you are everything that is wrong with 4chan. Oh why oh why. God damn today's western society and its shit education system.
>>
Can we at least agree that, when it is necessary to explain something about the Japanese language, it is okay and on-topic to talk about Japan or Japanese culture?
>>
昨週は、チョコレートケーキを作りました。今日は、バニラケーキを作ります。
(´・ω・`)
>>
>>100617945
So your entire argument rests on questions about Japanese culture being completely off topic with regards to discussion of the language. Now, unless you have a mod's opinion on this you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>100618014
Legalism is edgy, not the other way around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meine_Ehre_hei%C3%9Ft_Treue
>>
>>100618056
糖尿病に気をつけてくださいね
>>
>>100618056
頑張ってね!
出来上がりの写真みたいな~
>>
>>100618000
Oh please, you think Japanese culture is two levels of separation away from Anime and Manga? Are you retarded? Anime and manga are subsections of Japanese culture.
>>
>>100618104
はい、ありがとう御座います。
(;・∀・)
>>
おい、辞めてくれ。オレに恐怖してる。

なんで日本語を話し合わないんだ?
日本語を話し合うなら、全てがよろしくなるよ。
>>
File: neet01_034.png (120.72 KB, 936x1400)
120.72 KB
120.72 KB PNG
I know what will stop you all from being idiots!

Here read about かわいいロリニート探偵
>>
>>100618190
日本語話せないからだろうね~
しかたないにゃ~
>>
皆さん日本語で書いてください
>>
>>100618207
>神様のメモ帳
いいや
>>
>>100618138
カメラがありません。( ;∀;)
>>
>>100618153
Find, then go make your own japanese culture thread.
>>
>>100618207
I read a couple volumes of KamiMemo (in English, before I started learning Japanese).
It's okay for LN fare.
>>
>>100617757
That's some projection going on.
>>
>>100618264
>>
>>100618366
I never said I wanted to, I was just pointing out your stupidity.
>>
>>100618264
出来ない
なんでこんなに難しいんだろう
くっそー、エロゲを数時間してから泣き寝入りしよっか
>>
>>100618264
無理しないぞ
>>
>>100599500
Why did this thread stop being enumerated?
>>
>>100618504
Because it stopped being 'daily'
>>
>>100618459
アノンくん今書けたでしょ!
やったね!
その調子で!
応援してるから!
>>
>>100599918
>Kanji Senpai
Is this actually good?
>>
>>100618504
Because someone stopped counting at some point and everyone followed suit I guess. It doesn't matter anyway since this is not a General.
>>
File: 揹攇揑010.png (96.41 KB, 1198x1760)
96.41 KB
96.41 KB PNG
>>100618271
マジ…神様のメモ帳は超神スタイル

なら、これはどうですか
>>
>>100618432
Ok, since you're retarded, I'll spell it out for you. I was using "Japanese Culture" to refer to the aspects of japanese culture that people want to discuss, not to refer to the abstract concept of "japanese culture". So if you wanted to counter it, you would need to explain why those aspects of japanese culture - for example, how friendly people are in Osaka - are one step away from anime and manga.
>>
>>100618504
OPはダメ人間というわけだ。
>>
>>100618600
No need to move goalposts in a sad attempt to make yourself feel better, just think before you say something retarded next time.
>>
File: qep7ykdakveo.jpg (91 KB, 714x682)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>100618528
>it stopped being 'daily'
>>
>>100618575
かわいい女の子に体育館裏に呼び出されたかった
>>
>>100618673
Find, you win by being autistic and picking at details because you're too stupid to grasp the intent of other people's posts.
>>
>>100618575
>>100618750
現実でもこういうベタな呼び出しってあるのかな。
最近の子はみんな携帯持ってるし。
>>
>>100618776
Sure, it's totally not your fault at all for saying something you didn't really mean, instead of articulating your point correctly in the first point. Not your fault at all.
>>
>>100618776
>>100618852

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>100618852
>>100618776
お前ら煩いんだよ。
>>
>>100618901
I shut your mom up last night with my dick.
>>
How do I reset Rikaisama to default settings? Accidentally pressed one hotkey and now everything is fucked up.
>>
>>100618829
うーんどうだろうね
まず、匿名だという点は、もし体育館裏まで来なかったら、誰が送ったかがバレないからね
だから臆病な子が好きそうなやり方かと思うんだけど
(メールだと、すぐにバレる。それとも、匿名のメアドからメールが来たら、スパムだと思って捨てるだろうね)
>>
File: DJTguide.png (81.86 KB, 584x1846)
81.86 KB
81.86 KB PNG
Here DJT, I made this for you.
>>
>>100619520
>asking for recommendations is allowed here
lol
>>
>>100619520
Sherlock made this guide.
>>
I can't find anki decks with audio for pronunciation on every word. Do they even exist?
>>
Does anyone else feel like they're listening comprehension ability changes ridiculously from day to day?

Like, some days I can replay shit multiple times and still not get it, then give up. Then when I come back a week later I can understand the whole thing no problems.
>>
>>100619718

The Core series has them, you just have to download the audio seperately. It's usually linked in the comment field if not in the description.
>>
>>100619718
Being more specific: I only looked for N5 decks tho.
>>
>>100619733
When you say "comprehension ability" you mean listening comprehension?

I remember having a lot of problems with listening skills when I was learning english. But in japanese for some reason every word sounds clear and distinct when I hear them. Maybe japanese is easier in this regard.
>>
>>100618941
すごいな。
だって母はもう死んでしまったぞ。
>>
>>100619882
Could just be that your native language has closer pronunciation to japanese, and further pronunciation from english.
>>
>>100619520
これはなかなかいいものだと思う
好きだぜ
お前とは気が合いそう
>>
>Translation aggregator has a text hooker
What the fuck, I never noticed it, I always used it together with ITH.
Now it is too late.
>>
>>100619745
Do you think it's better to use the core instead of going through the n5, n4, etc...?

Asking your personal opinion here, before people come in saying "there is no better way, you should do what you feel better".
>>
>>100620110
JLPT grade is a poor measure of anything and won't serve you as well as a core deck where you can reschedule words you come across in reading.
>>
>>100619982
Probably. Portuguese is my mother language.
>>
>>100620110
Unless you're specifically trying to pass the JLPT, a core deck, like 10k, will serve you better.
>>
>>100620178
>>100620229
Appreciate it guys.
>>
I feel like maybe I should increase my learning pace so I can get somewhere faster, but I lack motivation. I'm on month five, and I spend about 1 hour per day on learning Japanese, between reps and reading. I'm nearing completing the Core2k but I'm not sure what I'll do after that. The prospect of having to switch to J-J or having to get all my vocab through read-farming is tedious.
>>
File: 1351313129546.jpg (8.03 KB, 229x173)
8.03 KB
8.03 KB JPG
>>100620366
>but I lack motivation
>>
>>100620366
I read because it's interesting, not specifically for the purpose of getting vocab. But if you do read something interesting you will also inevitably get vocab, so it's a win-win.
>>
日本人はヒトラーより悪だ。
>>
>>100620491
I *am* interested in reading, but only on some days of the week. I can't muster enthusiasm all the time. It's not steady.
And I'm interested in reading when I'm looking on sadpanda at doujins. I feel good when I can mostly understand a doujin. The problem is that it's really tedious to farm vocab from a doujin, so I don't. Wasted opportunity.
>>
>>100620588
釣り針でかすぎ、やる気あんのか?
腕をあげて出直して来てね
>>
>>100620588
まあヒトラは人並み外れた天使のような存在だから日本人はあの程度の正しさにたどり着けないのは当然でしょう
>>
>>100620680
はい、やり直します。

韓国は最強。
>>
>>100620653
Doujins are so much hotter when you know what's going on, so that provides all the motivation I need... If you finish early it's not like you have to keep going either
>>
>>100614995
>implying Osaka is Japan
nandeyanen
>>
File: maru.jpg (37.86 KB, 180x180)
37.86 KB
37.86 KB JPG
>>100620794
>>
File: 20131109001006.jpg (37.79 KB, 608x395)
37.79 KB
37.79 KB JPG
>>100620794
>>
On a scale of polite to rude as fuck, what's the polite level of this line in a work setting, said from one colleague to another:

じゃ、教えてやろう (said by A to B, when B requested password to unlock computer)
>>
>>100620741
そうだね、ヒトラーちゃんマジ天使
って違うやろー!
>>
>>100621041
Fairly condescending, やる as "do for" definitely has that connotation as far as I know.
>>
>>100621041
やる is generally said to people in a lower social standing than you so it sounds a bit rude, you shouldn't say it to an equally placed colleague
>>
>>100621041
If A is a superior, it's not particularly rude. He's not earning points for niceness, but it's nothing that would freak B out assuming he knows A's style.
>>
>>100621041
They actually talk very plain in the work setting. Bosses aren't expected to be polite because you're treated like "family" or some such and 下さいs are surprisingly rare.
>>
>>100621041
It would be something a boss would say to subordinate or senpai to kouhai, so, very familiar.
>>
>>100621116
>>100621118
>>100621148
So what's the proper normal polite version of that line?

Also A in that situation is a much older employee who's been working for 10+ years, while B just joined the company.
>>
>>100621041
Well, tell it to me already.
>>
>>100621095
違わないんだよ。ヒトラー様は日本の高潔を守りたいだけだったのよ。こう思わない人は、アメリカ人の豚の話を聞きすぎたやつだけだろう
>>
What is a good J-J dictionary?
>>
>>100621284
つっこみきれない、すまん
>>
>>100621229
Probably just 教えてあげる, though I don't know enough about office politics of Japan to know whether やる from a much older colleague would be acceptable.
>>
>>100621229
If he asked for the password, いいよ or 教えてあげよう is fine. But really, 教えてやろう is perfectly normal, especially with that much difference in seniority.
>>
>>100621297
What are you looking for? In print, the 新明解国語辞典 is pretty standard and has some interesting definitions, but online, anything is good. I like goodic and niconico mainly and have a small list of others for different things.
>>
Also, it's important to remember that's there is polite form and casual form, it only becomes rude when you use the wrong form on the wrong person.
>>
What is RTK and how can I start my daily regiment?
>>
>>100621337
>>100621341
I thought giving and receiving things are set in stone, even if you are the 上司 you'd use くれ
>>
>>100619520
小学生とセクスしたい。
>>
>>100621597
やる and くれる are opposites. The choice between 教えてやれ and 教えてくれ isn't one of politeness, it's one of meaning. You should review あげる/くれる/もらう.
>>
>>100621626
同士よ
>>
>>100621597
Doing an action for someone else will be あげる. Or more condescendingly, やる. An action being done for you (or your associate) will be くれる.

They all basically add the meaning of "do for" but depending on who does what for who you need to use different terms.
>>
>>100621626
それは犯罪だと思う。
>>
> Saves her from murdering slave traders
> gets adopted into his family
> Wants his dick regardless of how long they've been brother and sister

Why is this pairing a thing, /a/?
>>
>>100622076
妄想は自由
>>
>>100618677
It used to be remade at the same time every day. Now it's just made whenever it expires. It's not really a 'daily' thread anymore.
>>
>>100622388
funny thing though is they usually last about a day or into the next so they're "almost" daily still but not quite.

blame mootles for removing the delete thread option.
>>
>>100622388
Is it still the same jew OP who create this? I remember he used to create this thread late because he was golfing with his jew friends.
>>
テニス sounds like ペニス
>>
>>100622095
Wat
>>
>>100622654
Considering I've made like 3 or 4 of these threads in the past 10 days and I just came back after being away for more than 6 months, probably not.
>>
>>100622633
>they usually last about a day
I'm pretty sure this is the second one in the last 12 hours, and it'll be hitting bump limit within the next hour or so
>>
File: amphetamines.jpg (72.09 KB, 498x360)
72.09 KB
72.09 KB JPG
>>
>>100622661
Makina sounds like Vagina
>>
>>100622887

What site is this girl from? I see her every where
>>
Is there a quick way to create a deck using only some cards from another?

To explain it better, I have a deck that repeats every word in 2 ways, one that uses more your listening skills and other to test your reading.

I want to pick up only the "reading type" cards and make a deck with only that. Is that possible without having to recreate every manually?
>>
>>100623057
If the cards are made from notes, you should be able to delete the template for the cards that have the format for the listening ones.
>>
>>100623054
some subscription based japanese learning site.

http://japanese.lingualift.com/
>>
>>100623137
I just did that and it worked. All I had to do was to search only the cards with the "Listening" type then cntrl+A and delete.

Thanks mate.
>>
>>100623254
My, that seems about as stupid as paying for porn. The internet overflows with information if you aren't too much of a dingus to find it.
>>
>>100623425
同人誌なら買ってもいいけどね
絵師さんにとって、ピザ買うためのお金ではあるし、やる気の源でもあるし
日本に住んでないから無理だけど
>>
>>100623254
I'm surprised that I haven't really seen any comments here about whether this website is any good or not, considering the amount of posts I've seen from people who've tried that wani kani website, and this seems to even have a free trial with no credit card requirement. Has anyone here tried it out?
>>
>>100623876
>considering the amount of posts I've seen from people who've tried that wani kani websit

That's actually the same guy advertising it, nobody's really using wanikani.
>>
>廊下は走らない
Why does it means "You can't run in the corridor" instead of "The corridor can't run"?
>>
>>100623987
because は is a topic marker and also context
>>
File: amphetamines2.jpg (57.16 KB, 297x347)
57.16 KB
57.16 KB JPG
>>100623054

http://japanese.lingualift.com/
>>
>>100623987
Think of it as "speaking of the corridor, you don't run (in it)".
>>
File: 1389326251070.png (105.08 KB, 1323x416)
105.08 KB
105.08 KB PNG
>>100623876
No clue. last time i seen it mentioned anon had a laugh that it implied you were baby(pleb) level if you payed monthly.

Might check it out though, if only for shits and giggles.
>>
>>100623876
>I'm surprised people who supposedly have resolve and motivation and know how to use google don't want to pay to learn japanese
Are you, really?
>>
>>100621753
dostedt
>>
低遅延
>low delay

What the fuck is a low delay?
>>
File: rosswii_1.jpg (45.24 KB, 400x283)
45.24 KB
45.24 KB JPG
Anyone else listen to The Joys of Painting when you do your reps?

The soothing voice of Bob Ross helps me focus.
>>
>>100624679
The opposite of a long delay
>>
>>100624679
Seems to be a tech related term for "Low ping" , "Low latency" . at least google seems to suggest that.
>>
>>100624679
It's a term used with computers and networking and such.
>>
>>100624936
Oh, well I would have got it if it said "low latency", "low delay" just sounds strange.
>>
>>100623987
Where did you read that? That surely isn't all someone said/what was written, right? It sounds very cut off.
>>
>>100624681
I listen to eroge openings so I remember one day I'll be reading them.
>>
File: rouka.jpg (55.44 KB, 240x300)
55.44 KB
55.44 KB JPG
>>100625466
You see it on signs, it means "don't run in the hallway"
>>
>>100624383
No other answer but G
>>
>>100626085
Gスポットだな。
>>
This is probably just me being an idiot, but I'm having trouble with one of the problems in the Genki I workbook for Lesson 4. There are various diagrams showing what a guy named Takeshi is doing on different days. One of the questions reads:

たけしさんは日曜日に何をしましたか。

It gives you blanks to fill for the answer, which look like:

たけしさんは___________に_________で________と_________を_____________。

The picture for Sunday shows him at the movies with a girl named Mary, so what I've got is:

たけしさんは日曜日に____________でメアリーさんと映画を見ました。

What should go in the blank? From what I've learned so far, the sentence seems like it would be fine grammatically without the で but there's obviously some extra detail about where the action is taking place (only use for で I've learned so far) that I'm missing.
>>
File: 1383327755954.jpg (56.97 KB, 684x670)
56.97 KB
56.97 KB JPG
>Know hiragana by heart.
>Finished the jouyou
>About 3,000 words into my vocab deck.
>Almost finished with grammar books

>I still have trouble reading katakana

FUG FUG FUGGITY FUG!

Does reading katakana ever start to feel natural? I hate it so much.
>>
>>100626803
映画館
>>
>>100626803
Presumably it's 映画館で, as opposed to watching a movie at home or something
>>
>>100626826
Change all the hiragana on your flash cards to katakana. It's 'harder' because you don't see it as much.
>>
>>100626826
it's normal. katakana is rather scarce even when reading mango or LH so there is fewer opportunity to reinforce it.
>>
>>100627003
It sounds like he hasn't read jack shit based on his post though
>>
>>100627141
Fun fact: Anyone using an Anzu reaction image is almost guaranteed to be autistic.
>>
>>100627141
Maybe it's just the stuff I read, but I see fucktons of katakana. It's probably 80% as common as kanji.
>>
>>100627267
It's just the stuff you read, anon.

What, is it futuristic settings or something?
>>
>>100626826

The only part in katakana I always had trouble with is ソ and ン.
シ and ツ are easy as fuck, since they resemble the hiragana, but those others are annoying as hell.
>>
>>100627333
Mostly fantasy stuff sort of aimed at children/young adults.
>>
>>100627352
ソ is like a SOda straw, so it goes downward, into the cup.
ン is the other one that no one likes.
>>
File: 1383298308141.gif (903.63 KB, 240x228)
903.63 KB
903.63 KB GIF
>The components of the kanji for urine 尿 are corpse 尸 and water 水
>Urine = Corpse water

Why?
>>
>>100627504

That sounds pretty useful, actually.
Thanks.
>>
>>100627651
「尸童」とは可愛い人形です
>>
>>100627651

People piss and shit themselves when they die.
>>
>>100627651
When you die, the muscles in your body relax, causing you to urinate and/or defecate.
>>
>>100627651
The toilet is where your hamster and goldfish go to die, why not water?
>>
(`いゝい`)
>>
File: 1357295755538.jpg (37.91 KB, 1280x720)
37.91 KB
37.91 KB JPG
>>100627651
well thats one kanji i'll never forget.
>>
Does Tagaini support audio pronunciation for Kana?
>>
ここに誰がホムですか?
>>
I'd like to send a message to a friend. Is this good?

それは公式ではありません。ユーザー·ポスト。
>>
>>100628891

I am not a conservative without party affiliation.
>>
File: 1378531339884.jpg (71.70 KB, 850x653)
71.70 KB
71.70 KB JPG
>>100628891
私たちは全部ホムです
>>
>>100628891
偉大すぎる
もう一回コピペしてくれ
>>
File: coobie.jpg (1.88 KB, 126x104)
1.88 KB
1.88 KB JPG
>>100629157
メグカの人生は苦しみだ。
>>
>>100629395
>苦しみだ
苦しみでした。
もう神になりましたから
>>
>>100629157
彼女の足を嗅ぎたい
>>
How hard is it to find a job as high school Japanese teacher in Japan?
>>
>>100630694
What subject? Not too hard if you're Japanese and graduated college, unless you're going for private schools/top public schools.
>>
>>100630694
Impossible because you aren't a native. They don't even want non-native english speakers so you don't stand a chance, unless you have at least a masters in japanese lit from a decent japanese university.
>>
File: 1338329666939.gif (156.32 KB, 500x500)
156.32 KB
156.32 KB GIF
>>100629157
そのホムめがゴミだ、美樹は最強じゃ。
>>
>>100630694
just go on vacation and pay a girl for enkou, it'll be easier
>>
>>100631480
鉛鉱? But I don't want lead.
>>
>>100632031
Why the fuck not, cakeboy?
>>
>>100632031
>doesn't understand the power of lead
>>
>>100629649
メグカ=/=メデゥカ
ホムはまだメグカだ。
>>
>>100631040
その口を朕のちんちんが入れたいよ。
>>
How hard is the raw version of grisaia to read? And are there any example pictures of how hard it is?
>>
>>100632298
>朕
>>
>>100632369
お前は庶民的ですか?
否、吾輩が神様ですよ。
>>
>>100615211
Yeah it's kind of annoying especially since I hate 90% of the opinions of the people you quoted.
>>
>>100632557
>です
嫌、神ではないよ。
>>
File: 1389209752021.png (378.18 KB, 605x362)
378.18 KB
378.18 KB PNG
>>100624082
>>
>>100632869
I have no idea what that's supposed to me.
>>
>>100632904
>me
mean.
>>
>>100632728
Why, does it destroy your perfect image of grorious nippon?
>>
File: 1388993475596.jpg (31.47 KB, 211x255)
31.47 KB
31.47 KB JPG
>>100632904
Don't wish for your challenges to be easier but instead for the strength to overcome them.
>>
>>100632985
I don't understand the finger part.
>>
>>100632974
All the "straight-shooters" are the people who haven't gone and they say that.
I just think it's a gay thing to say.
>>
>>100633071
Or maybe I'm just not a huge autist like you, so it's easier for them to talk to me?
>>
Are there any places decent for practicing writing with other people? This place is not really suited for that, unless you want to debate what anime character's pussy is the best, which I'm not saying I dislike, but...
>>
>>100633071
Which means what?
>>
>>100632356
Guys? Please i just want to know before I jump in.
>>
>>100633123
skype channel
>>
>>100633120
>Or maybe I'm just not a huge autist like you, so it's easier for them to talk to me?
Maybe I'm not talking about your specific post, did you consider that? After all I have no idea what you might be referring to, so I think that the fact that you considered that I was referring to your specific post is probably because you're worried about getting criticized. I don't know kind of connection you're making but I think you might just be rejecting because you're sure acting sensitive.
>>100633179
I just don't like the guys who are wanting everyone to be American cowboys and think it's bad to not be one. It's an annoying opinion if you ask me.
>>
File: check em'.jpg (6.17 KB, 180x120)
6.17 KB
6.17 KB JPG
>>100633050
need to write it down fiddy time to understand it anon.
>>
>>100633268
Just do it you faggot
>>
>>100633050
>I don't understand
Oh anon...

>>100632985
Ok, seriously. Stop bullyng DJT's waifu.
>>
>>100633123
Off the top of my head Lang-8 and Skypeちゃんねる are common. I've never had the confidence to try either yet myself.
>>
>>100633304
>. I don't know kind of connection you're making but I think you might just be rejecting because you're sure acting sensitive.
I don't know what kind of connection you're making here but I think you might just be projecting because you sure are acting sensitive.*
>>
>>100633304
Considering half of the posts form one opinion, and the other half is the guy asking the question you really don't need to. Also, it's pretty hard to miss considering you said "90%" of the posts.
>>
>>100633305
>>100633344

でーでも、アンキは、俺のチンポで接触画面を使う。
>>
>>100633394
>Also, it's pretty hard to miss considering you said "90%" of the posts.
Figure of speech. No I'm not talking about whatever he was talking about.
>>
>>100633480
>Figure of speech
Did you mean hyperbole? Also I don't know what the trend is nowadays with saying shit you don't mean and then claiming you meant something else later, but it's pretty annoying. No, it doesn't work unless you make it really obvious that you aren't being serious.
>>
>>100633294
>>100633345
Skype channel? Is there a room with DJT people, or do I have to find people?
>>
>>100633570
>room with DJT people
heh
>>
>>100633324
But if I can estimate the amount of unique kanji I can gauge my ease with the game.
>>
>>100633268
I'd consider it one of the easiest scenario-ge I've read, but it's considerably harder than reading moege. I really don't know what kind of answer people like you expect from questions like this. Just give it a try and see how you do.
>>
File: 1388849205985.png (859.70 KB, 1024x576)
859.70 KB
859.70 KB PNG
>>100633268
It is harder than the average moege because of yuuji's long unvoiced monologues and obscure political and military terms, but it isn't really that hard..
>>
>>100633555
>Did you mean hyperbole?
>actually correcting the usage of "figure of speech"
If that isn't needlessly pedantic.
>Also I don't know what the trend is nowadays with saying shit you don't mean and then claiming you meant something else later, but it's pretty annoying
When did I say something and then say that I didn't say what I said? He just misunderstood, understandable, after all I did say 90%, but I was just exaggerating. You shouldn't be mad, and I don't know why you want to make a deal over an exaggeration.
>>
>>100632213
はあぁ、そうなんだ
>>
>>100633744
>getting buttblasted because you don't know how to say what you mean
My fucking sides
>>
>>100633744
Literally getting mad when people on /a/ literally get mad for not literally saying what you mean.
>>
>>100633624
It has 2612 unique kanji, what is a lot for a moege
>>
>>100633839
Well I'd reckon that 35,000 kanji is a lot for any genre.
>>
Hey guys, tomorrow is the 6th month anniversary of my starting on Kanjis. Thanks and all that. Just curious if you had a sixth month milestone, or anything particularly poignant to say about your experience 6 months deep.
>>
File: 1375213072988.jpg (50.96 KB, 406x480)
50.96 KB
50.96 KB JPG
>>100633555
>being this anal-infused
>>
File: chiruchiru.jpg (18.96 KB, 250x300)
18.96 KB
18.96 KB JPG
>>100633641
What is a scenario-ge?
>>
魔力が人より少ない俺が魔法をうまくには、とにかく緻密で効率的な魔力の使いが必要だ。

Can anyone explain the function of the より here? From doesn't seem to make sense.
>>
>>100633885
I was 5 months into vocab and grammar.
>>
>>100633799
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_speech
> It can be a special repetition, arrangement or omission of words with literal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words in it, as in idiom, metaphor, simile, hyperbole, personification, or synecdoche.
I don't even get why you would correct that.
>>
>>100634009
>人より少ない
lower than most people
>>
>>100634067
Damn I really need to get the functions of より down better. Thanks.
>>
>>100634038
I don't get why people claim things they said as "figures of speech" when they get called out on being wrong.
>well no, that not actually true
>I didn't actually mean that, it was a figure of speech!
>>
>>100634195
You might actually be autistic anon. It's not often that I think that seriously, but in your case I do.
>>
>learned hiragana and katakana some months ago
>I was really busy at the time so I stopped
>go back today
>can't remember anything
>I have no face
>>
>>100634282
If I'm autistic I'm not sure what that makes you, since I'm the one who can actually communicate effectively.
>>
>>100634195
My post was just a figure of speech. I wasn't saying what I said to quite the degree that I said it.
>ensuing complaints about figuring my speech
>>
>say おはよう
>日本語上手ですね
>say ねぇ instead of ない
>やっぱ日本人だね

fucking japs
>>
>>100634349
Dude, you might literally be the smartest person alive.
You probably didn't understand that, but I used a tricky thing called "sarcasm" that makes the intent of my post completely indecipherable to morons like you.
>>
>>100634480
If you say so anon. I wouldn't call out 90% of the people you quoted then get mad when someone who believes he's part of that 90% responds next time, though.
>>
So I was typing some shit and some neeps are telling me that 書かされる is better than 書かせられる but can't explain why that is. Am I wrong that these are equivalent forms with the same meaning? ("be made to write")
>>
>>100634519
they're too nice sometimes it sickens me

i want to know if i'm terrible at speaking or not and nobody will fucking tell me because too polite.
>>
>>100634551
You're autistic, so I don't blame you for not knowing that sarcasm translates poorly over the internet.
>>
>>100634606
If you can say anything they'll tell you your Japanese is good. Doubly so if you're trying to talk to a shop person
>>
>>100634519
It cracks me up how people can't literally look down on anything if it isn't the way they're already doing it, even though that's clearly the polite thing to do.
>>100634558
Alright I'll try to not insult people who misunderstand my posts in the future. You're right, I should have just told him that he misunderstood. Sorry.
>>
>>100634607
Yeah man, just keep telling yourself that the problem is with everyone else, and not your inability to understand how people communicate.
Again, contrary to what the above statement suggests, I don't want you to "keep telling yourself that". In fact, I am suggesting that your belief is in fact false, and you should consider reevaluating it.
>>
File: 1300564546.png (1.81 KB, 203x212)
1.81 KB
1.81 KB PNG
Hey guys I just started learning the kana. Just one question.

Are the stop, trail and checkmark endings really important?
>>
>>100634720
I'd suggest you take your own advice, it's like you're so autistic you can't even understand your own words.
>>
File: haga711.gif (43.57 KB, 1230x2208)
43.57 KB
43.57 KB GIF
>>100634740
The what?
>>
File: 1363291112473.jpg (55.94 KB, 1280x720)
55.94 KB
55.94 KB JPG
>>100634740
>stop, trail, and checkmark endings
wat
>>
>>100634142
When より is found in a phrase NOUN-より-ADJECTIVE it means roughly "more 'adjective' than 'noun."

For example, the anime series 「藍より青し」 (Ai Yori Aoshi) translates to "Bluer than Indigo."
>>
>>100634752
Twice in this thread you misunderstood what someone was saying, and then whined that nobody makes stuff clear enough for you. You have a problem. Work on it.
>>
>>100634740
only if you'll be writing with a brush
>>
>>100634943
what is it?
>>
File: 1300564547.png (1.82 KB, 203x212)
1.82 KB
1.82 KB PNG
>>100634943
>>100635010

I...uh you know in hiragana?
>>
>>100635099
や and ま through the ages.
>>
>>100634740
Do you mean the diacritic marks?
( ゙ ) ( ゚ )
>>
俺はこのスレに入たら、いつも活発な議論が起きちゃってる
>>
>>100635127
You're going to have to post an example. and stop with the avatar
>>
>>100635127
MS paint what you mean.
If it's ゜ and ゛ you're referring to, then yes.
Stop the avatar bullshit.
>>
>>100635046
So, I might just be retarded, but why learn the onyomi at all?

Wouldn't it be much more beneficial and less time consuming to use a deck containing all of the most common kunyomi and jukugo for specific kanji? And then just picking up the less common ones as you go along while reading and whatnot?

Or should I be using one deck dedicated to kunyomi and another dedicated to jukugo?
>>
>>100635225
>>100635265
He's clearly talking about the ends of the strokes on the kana. I believe it's called はな

And yes, it's important.
>>
>>100635411
did not mean to reply
>>
File: 1386890412750.jpg (27.35 KB, 445x571)
27.35 KB
27.35 KB JPG
>>100604371
nigger detected
>>
>>100635453
> the ends of the strokes on the kana
What?
>>
File: screen.jpg (32.73 KB, 696x176)
32.73 KB
32.73 KB JPG
>>100604600
>>
File: .png (1.03 MB, 1286x748)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>100604600
>>
>>100635453
I'm waiting for the MS pain masterpiece. And outside of calligraphy class, the average person doesn't know what a serif is.
>>
>>100635580
ん、お、等

He's asking if he needs to write it correctly or if he can just 'kind of write it'. The curving/detail at the end of the strokes on many kana.
>>
File: example.png (5.49 KB, 610x262)
5.49 KB
5.49 KB PNG
>>100635094

So no one follows it anymore then?

>>100635225
>>100635265

Can't really write in paint, don't have a tablet but here are some examples using a and nu, a only has stop and trail endings, nu has a check ending.

Now at least check endings are useful, since you can see how they transfer over to the next action after the check.Although on some letters not so much. Trail endings just make me mess up a really bad since it gets super long when I use them. Stop endings are irrelevant since we use that everytime we write.
>>
>>100635566
Actually pretty racist. You're going to have to up the ante if you want to make this man laugh. You're probably so unexposed to the true hilarity of racism to know what comedy is really all about.
>>
>>100635678
The only reason you'd need to care is if you plan to write it. You can recognize them fine without it, but if you're handwriting for a native to read then you should probably be writing correctly and clearly.
>>
>>100635678

I'm horrible at paint just imagine it's beatiful, but here in nu you can see how the check transfers over to the second stroke, that's when I think they're very useful, on some like ma since the first and second stroke are very close, I think they're a little annoying.
>>
>>100635678
Go look at some nip handwriting. You're not going to take the time to write your characters all fancy like that unless it's calligraphy or something.
>>
>>100634587
They mean the same thing, the contracted form is used frequently in speech because it's shorter.
>>
>>100635678
I still am really not sure what this means so I'm going to go ahead and brand it as not that important.
Where are you reading about this? I always thought my penship was shit.
>>
>>100635820
It's ね not ぬ
>>
File: example.png (6.46 KB, 526x262)
6.46 KB
6.46 KB PNG
>>100635820

Forgot image.

>>100635766
>>100635821

Cool, less work for me to do then, thanks guys.
>>
File: haga705.gif (47.05 KB, 1230x2208)
47.05 KB
47.05 KB GIF
>>100635678
It's stylistic and entirely unnecessary unless you know what you're doing. Most ねs don't even have the serif.
>>
>>100635824
That's what I figured, maybe the full form just seemed to proper in the context.
>>
>>100604600
>>
>>100635581
What game?
I have a really big fetish for kissing
>>
>>100635937
Cool, what volume are you on?
>>
>>100636008
Sono hanabira 2

I hope you like lesbians
>>
>>100635828

This one book I read.

>>100635882

Yeah, apparently I still can't recognize them sorry.

I can remember them if I write them in order, is that bad? Like if I write the k series, I can write them in order. But if you isolate one letter in the k series or better yet something more far the line like h or t series I kind of have to 'count' and reach the appropriate symbol before I know what it is.

>>100635911
>>100634943

Yeah I read about these, how hira was simpliefied/abbreviated kanji and katakana was them using only the first strokes of kanji. Neat stuff.

And yeah that was kind of why I was asking, I never see this stuff in jap writing.
>>
>>100635411
You're absolutely right. If you learn kanji individually, you do it for writing ability and understanding radicals/kanji composition. Pronunciations can be learned through vocabulary.
>>
>>100636126
>I can remember them if I write them in order, is that bad?
Yes, that's bad. You'll probably never learn this language now.
>>
File: ◁‥、.jpg (14.91 KB, 551x409)
14.91 KB
14.91 KB JPG
>>100636113
>lesbians
I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion.
>>
>>100636215
I learned them in order and after many months of studying it turned out that I accidentally learned Korean instead of Japanese, if only someone had warned me.
>>
>>100604600
Asairo
Finally restarting after getting distracted by kancolle for a month or so.

>>100605311
Congrats. You should make an anki deck for that section.
>>
>>100636222
I never expressed an opinion.
>>
>>100636293

What
>>
>>100636126
>I learned them in order and after many months of studying it turned out that I accidentally learned Korean instead of Japanese, if only someone had warned me.
If laughter could travel on across the internet then you'd be hearing mine ringing in your ear right about now.
>>100636433
I guess lesbians suck.
>>
Why can't all words be as straightforward as 左手?
>>
File: 1372896878491.jpg (90.29 KB, 364x336)
90.29 KB
90.29 KB JPG
>>100636293
>I accidentally learned Korean instead of Japanese
>>
>>100636535
>膣内射精
>>
>>100636606
>depth charge
What. That one doesn't even follow logically from it's parts. Is it some slang term for a depth charge or something?
>>
>>100636684
膣- vagina
内- inside
射- shoot
精- semen
>>
>>100636753
Which is why intravaginval ejaculation makes perfect sense, and depth charge does not.
>>
>>100636798
Depth charge is slang in English for 'intravaginal ejaculation'
>>
>>100636896
>Here comes the depth charge, baby!
>Ahh! You sunk my submarine!
>>
>>100636293
How? Have you ever even watched even one anime? Are you from /int/? Did you look at nothing Japanese during this period? What are you even saying?
>>
File: 005.jpg (377 KB, 966x1400)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>100636075
1. Just mining vocab. Find i learn best when i can apply it immediately.

pg.30 right now, intend to re-read it from the start once i hit pg.46(next chapter)
>>
>>100636964

You're supposed to look at Japanese things while studying?
>>
>>100637171
I believe studying Japanese entails looking at Japanese material, yes.
>>
>>100637171
No, you have to save your purity until you become a Japanese master.
>>
>>100636964
I'm not who you're responding to, but why would you read so much into that? If you learn the kana in order, it's not exactly impossible to end up reading them upside-down all the time. Most Korean characters, if I recall correctly, are essentially reversed versions of Japanese characters (which is part of why the Japanese tend to hate Koreans so much), so I don't see what's so hard to understand about that post.
>>
What is the difference between

走るな
and
走らないで

Are there any other ways to make a negative command?
>>
>>100637238
Neah, it just entails looking at single kanji in anki for hours on end. You clearly did it wrong.
>>
>>100637272
>which is part of why the Japanese tend to hate Koreans so much
There's more to it than that my innocent butterfly. I'm pretty sure if that is true that no one knows or cares about that. That is not the reason.
>f you learn the kana in order, it's not exactly impossible to end up reading them upside-down all the time.
What are you even saying? How do you "read something upside-down" why would that have anything with going in order? How is the kana anything like Korean?
>>
>>100637276
走るな is less polite, but not necessarily impolite, depending on context.
走らないで leaves an implied ください at the end, making it generally more polite.
>>
>>100637238

But I don't understand the material that's why first I'm studying.
>>
>>100637396
>if that is true that
true then*
>>100637413
By several months in you should have looked at at least something or realized that that isn't Japanese.
>>
>>100637408
黙れください
>>
評価に困る kind of has the same meaning as over estimating right?
>>
SOME YOU HAVE A FETISH FOR MEN!
>>
>>100637874
貴様は魚でしょうね。
>>
>>100637874
しかたがない
>>
>>100637874
ウホッ いい男
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23.73 KB, 306x298)
23.73 KB
23.73 KB JPG
>>100627651
I learned 尸 as flag rather than corpse.
>>
>>100638413
>しかばねかんむり
>屍
>>
>>100637638
Quick guys before the thread dies am I right or wrong?
>>
>start reading yotsuba
>incredibly slow reading speed
>looking up loads of words
>start to get better
>reading at a pace that doesn't annoy me
>still have to look up words
>feel as if I accomplished nothing
>label myself retarded
>>
>>100638616
Unless it's a set phrase that I've just never heard before, you're probably wrong, and you should probably just interpret it literally.
>>
>>100638622
Learn one more word right now, that's one less word you'll need to look up.

You're welcome
>>
>>100638622
those reading packs help man. only for the first two volumes but they save a lot of time and you end up retaining most of the vocab.at least in my case.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzigb3zrcdta35p/Reading+pack+1+and+2.zip
>>
>>100638738
I've certainly picked up となり. The words I do know I don't know as well as I should, so seeing them in kana or written a little differently from Yotsuba's pronunciation messes me up.
>>
>>100637000
I should start reading it again...
>>
>>100638923

But doesn't Yotsuba speak wrong Japanese?
>>
>>100639149
A cute little girl who says things slightly incorrectly from time to time isn't going to keep you from learning a language.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.