[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


SASHINAMI SHOKO
>>
ERU ERUFU
>>
File: traitors.jpg (292.06 KB, 1280x1440)
292.06 KB
292.06 KB JPG
>>
I wish Shoko was my wife.
>>
>>100592193
What the fuck man
>>
>>100591831
Fuck you Okouchi
>>
>Dead thread because it wasn't about Saki

I sad
>>
>>100592254
Dead thread because the show ended a month ago.
>>
>>100591831
wow she looks really weird in that picture
its probably the eyelashes.
>>
>she became a bakemono and wanted to go halfsies with new bakemonos in the end

Why couldn't she stay loyal to a single person, ideology or species?
>>
File: 27941.jpg (29.42 KB, 225x350)
29.42 KB
29.42 KB JPG
>>100592232
Did you not enjoy my story, Gaijin-kun?
>>
>>100591798
>>100591813
OTP
>>
>>100592291
If it was Saki thread it wouldn't be dead because Sakifags are full autism.
>>
>>100592308
Because she's an actually interesting character who has more to her than one-dimensional loyalty.
>>
>>100591831
Haruto was the traitor.
>>
>>100592411
>being a traitorous whore is more interesting than loyalty

Jewgi plz.
>>
>>100592478
Shoko is more Tamaki + Shirley than Ohgi.
>>
>>100592541
Shirley stayed loyal to Lelouche to the bitter end.
>>
>>100592584
Not a good idea.
>>
>>100592584
She tried to fucking kill him.
>>
>>100592986
She was merely tempted to kill him, he was unconscious and she had a gun, if she tried she would have succeeded.
>>
File: geass-14.jpg (28.47 KB, 640x357)
28.47 KB
28.47 KB JPG
>>100593081
She tried and failed because she has shit aim. Lelouch was also very much not unconscious.
>>
>>100593482
That time was a suicide pact.
>>
>>100593619
Which is in no way "loyal to the bitter end".
>>
>>100591813
>>
>>100593668
Following your beloved to the afterlife is almost being too loyal.
>>
>>100593790
There's a difference between following and taking him with you though.
>>
>>100593863
She didn't want to die, Mao had done some magical geass mindfuckery to convince her he did.
>>
>>100593966
Sure, let's just make shit up now.
>>
File: 1369342786398.jpg (195.67 KB, 1920x1080)
195.67 KB
195.67 KB JPG
>>
SAKI HIJACK

This thread is now about Saki and how Shoko is inferior to her in every conceivable way.
>>
>>100592193
diaper wearing autist
>>
>>100592319
No you Bakemono. Give me my Shoko back.
>>
File: 1369341767830.jpg (374.62 KB, 549x1448)
374.62 KB
374.62 KB JPG
>>
>>100593685
Shoko looks bustier than normal.
>>
>>100594055
>>100594079
>>100594180

Go away
>>
>>100594229
That's fine anon, no need to fight over anyone any more. The show has ended Shoko won.
>>
>>100593966
Mao manipulated Shirley's disoriented feelings into wanting to kill Lelouch. In the same way Dorssia and ARUS (with some generous help from Haruto's incompetence) manipulated Shoko's ignorance into losing the blind trust she had in Haruto.
>>
>>100594303
>Shoko won
Biggest Bitch of the Season Award, yes.
>>
File: 1385259060895.png (700.28 KB, 1088x718)
700.28 KB
700.28 KB PNG
Shoko is great. Remember when that attention-whore Saki hijacked Haruto and posted some crap on his not-instagram or whatever? Shoko not only trusted Haruto, she immediately knew he would never post crap like that and never doubted him for even a split second.

Fuck S2 for forcing such a shitty "betrayal" just for the sake of shitty melodrama. And fuck Haruto for not trusting her with the truth in the first place.
>>
>>100594613
You mean Best Girl of the Year Award.
>>
>>100594758

I daisuki her eyes.
>>
>>100594758
>and never doubted him for even a split second.

S2 showed the downsides of her blind faith in him.
>>
>>100595012
Well, yes, her only fault was trusting a faggot boypussy like Haruto in the first place. If only she was childhood friend to someone more manly and reliable, like, say, Yuusuke, things wouldn't have to be like this.
>>
File: Valvrave - 01 -5.jpg (174.57 KB, 1280x720)
174.57 KB
174.57 KB JPG
Post all Shoko's reaction faces you have.
>>
>>100594758
>Shoko not only trusted Haruto

Well, sure, she didn't trust him in the right moment though.
>>
>>100596648
That's my specialty.
>>
File: shokoshoko2.png (289.49 KB, 372x600)
289.49 KB
289.49 KB PNG
>>
Man, I love Shoko.
Why did S2 had to give her a different personality?
>>
File: 1389514439484.png (273.88 KB, 480x624)
273.88 KB
273.88 KB PNG
I'm looking for something to pick it up.
Is Valrape any good? I liked Code Geass.
>>
>>
>>100597317
Because S2 is rushed as shit.
>>
>>100597407
Even if it wasn't rushed she'd have a different personality.
>>
File: 35201964_p1.jpg (533.60 KB, 1000x525)
533.60 KB
533.60 KB JPG
>>
>>100597450
If it wasn't rush, they wouldn't have to take the shitty shortcut to conclude the story with something stupid like Bakemono incident.
>>
>>100597317
Because of character development.
>>
>>100597357
It's a good mess with an inferior MC.
>>
>>100592254
Dead thread because OP is a retard.
>>
>>100594180
Saki a Slut

I am pretty sure she fucked Audrey and then fucked their children once they reached the age she looks
>>
>>100597357
Watch S1, then just imagine your own fanfic for how S2 should play out.
>>
S1 was fun because of Saki being a cunt and L-elf being L-elf
S2 was less fun due to people keep dying because of Haruto and Shoko's brain problems.
>>
>>100597534
Disgusting.
>>
>>100597582
There was no character development. There is S1 Shoko and then there's S2 Shoko. There's no transition.
>>
>>100597751
S2 was less fun because VVV fails hard when it tries to be serious.
>>
>>100597317
It didn't.
>>
>>100597317
They needed someone to be a cunt so trash characters like Thunder and Haruto could look good before they died.
>>
>>100598947
Shokofag pls
>>
>>100597780
What
>>
File: 1371748578271.jpg (182.06 KB, 1920x1080)
182.06 KB
182.06 KB JPG
>>100597883
There was a time-skip in episode 13.
Not to mention that S2 Shoko existed since episode 11.
>>
File: NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN.jpg (147.17 KB, 640x360)
147.17 KB
147.17 KB JPG
>>
>>100599899
We should talk about cumming on L-Elf's ahoge instead. Smearing semen all over it and rubbing it in his eyes.
>>
>>100599994
I'd rather talk about biting his juicy neck instead.
>>
>>100599483
Shoko was herself until episode 21 when she suddenly dropped down to the level of the rest of the student mob breaking everything they established about her before then. There was no logic to it. She felt 'betrayed' because of lies and some random cave promise that we're supposed to believe was her only reason for living, but none of it was built up.

We saw nothing of nothing of her thoughts, development, or conflictions. All of the drama was awful and poorly handled, leaving everything up to us to desperately grasp and try to make sense of. The least they could have done is shoved the promise in during S1 so it didn't come out of nowhere, but it's clear they hadn't thought this far ahead back then.
>>
>>100600361
>and some random cave promise that we're supposed to believe was her only reason for living
We're just supposed to believe it was important to her, nothing more.
>>
>>100600361
>There was no logic to it.

There is, it was called Last straw.
>>
>>100600361
>when she suddenly dropped down to the level of the rest of the student mob

It was established that she was susceptible to peer pressure.
The "random cave promise" was the basis for her blind faith in him.
>>
>>100600361

>breaking everything they established about her before then
She was always like this.

>There was no logic to it
There was.

>She felt 'betrayed' because of lies and some random cave promise
Confirmed for not watching the episode.

>none of it was built up
Nevermind that, did you even watch the show?

>We saw nothing of nothing of her thoughts, development, or conflictions
Confirmed for not watching season 1.

>leaving everything up to us to desperately grasp and try to make sense of
By us you mean you desperately grasping for straws when it's obvious what happened.

>The least they could have done is shoved the promise in during S1
They did.
>>
>>100603752
>She was always like this.
Not really. Not at all actually.

>There was.
Very little and poorly portrayed.

>Confirmed for not watching the episode.
That's exactly what happened though.

>Nevermind that, did you even watch the show?
Did you?

>Confirmed for not watching season 1.
S1 has nothing to do with her actions in 21.

>By us you mean you desperately grasping for straws when it's obvious what happened.
We can make guesses, but there's chunks of information missing that prevent them from being anything more. Just like the idea of her becoming a pilot as atonement is also just an assumption with nothing concrete backing it.

>They did.
When?
>>
>>100604955

>Not at all actually
Yes actually.

>That's exactly what happened though.
Not it wasn't.

>Did you?
Yes.

>S1 has nothing to do with her actions in 21.
That shows how much you know Shoko.

>there's chunks of information missing that prevent them from being anything more
Give examples.

>the idea of her becoming a pilot as atonement is also just an assumption with nothing concrete backing it
Of all the reasons she could have to become a pilot you picked the less likely of them all.

>When?
Episode 7.
>>
>>100603752
Not that guy, but breaking up other people's points to just to make a different versions of the same old "do you watch the show" question does not change the fact that your argument is shallow.

> She was always like this.
No, she was shown to make surprises but those were situational comedic gags, not compromising her core character of friendship and loyalty. In fact, none of other characters is shown to have fundamental reversal of their characteristic.

> There was.
The logic of that "betrayal" was pointed out exhaustively by Shokofags against Shoko-haters, and VVVfags against VVV-haters many times. But it does not change the fact that logic is implicit and was not properly laid out by the writers. The biggest let down was the abrupt ending that did not close or straighten any previous implicit lines of logic.

> Confirmed for not watching the episode.
> Nevermind that, did you even watch the show?
> Confirmed for not watching season 1.
These a bad no-argument response I've mentioned coming from you. What people are angry about is Shoko's portrayal in S2. Her thoughts and development was given fine in S1, but virtually none in S2 except the few last eps. This is because of her serious lack of screen time in S2.

> By us you mean you desperately grasping for straws when it's obvious what happened.
"Gasping for straw" is what gives you the implicit "logic" for Shoko's betrayal actions that you strongly proclaim to know in your earlier point.

> They did.
The promise was mentioned to be a prominent driver for Haruto's actions, not Shoko's.
>>
>>100597265
>>100597310
>>100597369
Thanks anon, anymore?
>>
>>100606273

I'm not going to waste my time on arguments when the other guy isn't making an effort to watch the episodes.

She was shown surprising others when Haruto was involved in one way or another. She offered independence while Haruto backed her up in the VVV. She stood up with jingle bells because she knew she had his support even if everyone else was against her so she tried her best to hold it together. But pay more attention outside of those moments, remember before the independence when Moses took Haruto hostage? She thought Haruto was mad at her for her yelling at him earlier (when he couldn't confess). A tiny misunderstanding that neither of them bothered to clear (Haruto thought it was clear but Shoko thought he was mad at her) led her to think something else. Sounds familiar? Also, remember before the election? Shoko wasn't going to run until everyone (Haruto included) pressured her to do so. And remember when Haruto killed her father? It was the first time she didn't have Haruto's support (so to speak), she was powerless and all she could do was watch. Remember she almost gave in until her father told her not to, it wasn't a decision she made herself. Shoko always had an insecure side and Haruto's support always made her feel more confident and resolute. But apparently the only thing everyone remembers from season 1 is jingle bells.

You're complaining about my lack of elaborate replies and now this is too long so it continues in the next post.
>>
>>100606273
>>100607509

Continues here.

Lack of screen time has nothing to do with her character when what she turned into is consistent with season 1. In my opinion of course. It would be great if they had more episodes to show Shoko fidgeting with her skirt like in season 1 before making a decision but it doesn't change anything else to me in her character. If anything I'm glad it turned into this and not her miraculously saving the day.

Shoko did what I expected her to do under those circumstances. She said earlier she wouldn't let her feelings get in the way of her duty as the prime minister and she did exactly what her father told her to do. ARUS president made a proposal that would save her friends and she thought he would keep his word. Haruto disappointed her but she didn't do it out of spite, she did it because it would save everyone else. Also, she was pressured to take action so her decision was influenced just like what happened when her father was killed. Her actions are logical and make perfect sense with what I knew of her character.

I think you set your expectations way too high for Shoko and that's why you sound disappointed.

>The promise was mentioned to be a prominent driver for Haruto's actions
When?
>>
>>100607509
>remember before the independence when Moses took Haruto hostage? She thought Haruto was mad at her for her yelling at him earlier

And she still gave her best to convince the others not to blindly believe ARUS despite thinking Haruto was mad and wouldn't back her up on this one. You're grossly exaggerating her reliance on him.

>Shoko wasn't going to run until everyone (Haruto included) pressured her to do so.

This is wrong. She wasn't going to run because electing a new PM meant admitting her father was dead and needed replaced (watch her reaction when she first hears of it over the loudspeaker). It wasn't until her talk with Haruto at the shrine when he assured her he was alive and promised to save him that she was finally able to put her mind at ease and move forward while thinking of what was best for the students.

>It was the first time she didn't have Haruto's support (so to speak), she was powerless and all she could do was watch. Remember she almost gave in until her father told her not to

It wasn't a matter of not having Haruto's support. She's a normal teenager, not L-Elf. She tried weighing her options to come up with a way to save everyone, but in the end she ran out of time. At no point did she almost give in. Though her failure here is likely what caused her to see giving up Haruto as a 'necessary sacrifice'.

>>100607558
Her deciding to trust ARUS who she knew was scum needed to be better executed to be believable, but otherwise I agree.
>>
>>100607509
Yes, Shoko is reliant on Haruto's support. She admitted as such in S2. But she does not completely dependent on Haruto in her decision making process, which is what you seem to imply here. You said her surprising actions involve Haruto one way or another? The two most prominent interactions between her and L-elf (rejecting his empire plan and shoving Jellybean), between her a Akira (helping Akira overcome autism in ep 12) did not involve with Haruto. Shoko's extending friendship hand to Marie was also not about Haruto. Thus, Shoko's core character is not about "muh Haruto" but friendship and loyalty as I've mentioned. Even the fact that she participated in the election at all is less about Haruto but more about helping and protecting her friends.

In addition, implying Shoko's total reliance on Haruto but giving them barely meaningful conversations, while having Haruto successfully hid the Kamitsuki fact from the would-have-been total fixated eyes of Shoko on him would not give praise to the writing of the staffs, if indeed that's what they were going with.

>>100607558
The lack of screen time has everything to with her character because we don't know under her prospective how much she has changed and what direction has she changed into. Since when did her new-found sense of responsibility supersede her friendship loyalty besides that last couple eps?

> If anything I'm glad it turned into this and not her miraculously saving the day.
I'm fine with either Shoko saving the day, or Shoko's blindness from the truth and not being able to do anything. However, what I'm NOT fine with is the way that misunderstanding and the eventual "betrayal" came about, as well as the resolution afterward. As I've said, it did not go according to Shoko core character or it did not explained and laid out clearly enough.
>>
>>100609610
Cont'
>>100607558
> Shoko did what I expected her to do under those circumstances.
Those are reasons why most people don't understand Shoko and hate her deeply. I remember making the exact same argument you did here. But these are implicit point that need to be inferred; and when you've created a character that need so much effort to defend, unless everything clicks in a straight forward way or your character is part of a masterpiece, you've done something wrong as a writer. Take L-eft for example, his character is laid out in a cohesive, and well-rounded manner. Thus, he takes minimal effort to defend and he is well-loved despite that fact that he is an anti-hero selfish asshole to other characters.

I did not set my expectation too high for Shoko or any other character. I expect minimal attention and care for her as a main heroine, which imo most people agree she was neglected and poorly handled.

> when
You said the promise was mentioned in S1. I inly remember Haruto implied there is one when he jumped into Hito to avenge Shoko's death, and when he completely fixated on her in ep2.
>>
>>100610369
You can't compare L-elf with Shoko, one is a protagonist and the other is a supporting character. I'm fairly sure there are many who would disagree and say L-elf wasn't laid out as perfect as you make it sound, mainly his supposed relationship with Haruto.
Somewhat unrelated and generally speaking, Valvrave has always been about reading between the lines, things were never spelled out and many important details were deductions that turned out to be true. I don't know if it was due to the lack of time or poor planing but being open to various interpretations even after the finale is what makes the whole thing interesting to me. I would have hated it if they put an end to the questions I have now and gave closure to some scenes simply because they wouldn't do it the way I want them to.
>>
File: 1371775337087.gif (1.26 MB, 300x169)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>
>>100611314
Shoko is the main heroine. That fact has been advertised well enough in the show's OP/ED and various promotional materials. S1 Shoko was focused enough to be in the main character status. S2 was where they drop the ball on her. I didn't even have to mention L-elf. Even the once completely irrelevant Satomi got a whole episode dedicating to build his character and relationship with Akira.

L-elf's character is not paragon of story telling, but you can tell he is the most beloved and cared character of the show.

Shoko is a case wasted potential. Her S2 appearance makes me think she was only there as a plot device. Haruto ate her deathflag and her character at same time. The fact that she turned into Hito pilot feels like a cop out rather than any effort of character redemption. The staffs of this anime does not know how to write a genki girl. These are the type of girls that are strong, independent, value friendship the most, and are easy to make mistake based on rash decision. Looking another Sunrise show Love Live, that's the correct way to write a genki character.
>>
>>100605896
>Of all the reasons she could have to become a pilot you picked the less likely of them all.

It's the only reason I've seen brought up and discussed in these threads. What other reasons are there?
I'm genuinely curious since the show offered no explanation at all.
>>
>>100614282
Not him, but I think atonement is more from the audience's assumption than about Shoko's actual reason. More likely, it's out of necessity due to lack of man power and she realizes Haruto martyr sacrifice was so that he alone bares the curse. Shoko shares the same concern toward her friends as Haruto. That's why she follows his path.
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ELLL-ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFUH
>>
>>100614837
I don't think it's a wrong assumption. She's shown to be frequenting his memorial even 200 years in the future, so the guilt is clearly still weighing heavily on her mind. Taking it on herself to continue where he left off after his death wouldn't be hard to believe if she wanted to make it up to him, herself, and everyone else. Perhaps on top of what you mentioned as well.
Unfortunately there's no way we'll ever know for sure though.
>>
File: 138859735403.gif (194.12 KB, 400x225)
194.12 KB
194.12 KB GIF
To lighten up the mood. Shoko foreverrrrrr.
>>
>>100617760
That Shoko died in the first episode.
>>
File: 1371648786165.png (836.46 KB, 1082x1035)
836.46 KB
836.46 KB PNG
>>100619321
Just how many Shokos are there?
>>
>>100619321
She didn't die until she was gassed in episode 12.
>>
But then who was shota?
>>
>>100619944
Shoko and Akira's kid.
>>
>>100592321
L-Elf x Shoko confirmed.
>>
>>100620143
That has always been true anon.
>>
I don't like Shoko but I sure as hell would fuck her. She was really cute and probably fucks like a lynx.
>>
>>100620143
L-Elf is dead
>>
So, is this a Shoko thread or a VVV thread?
>>
File: 1372430465738.png (73.16 KB, 194x226)
73.16 KB
73.16 KB PNG
>>100622358
Shoko is VVV.
>>
File: 40908862.jpg (1.01 MB, 2149x3035)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>
>>100624890
;_;

thunder-kun is in a better place now
>>
>>100622358
It's a dead thread.
>>
File: 1384559037083.png (369.48 KB, 724x1023)
369.48 KB
369.48 KB PNG
Shoko is my waifu.
>>
File: 3638812.jpg (165.42 KB, 600x750)
165.42 KB
165.42 KB JPG
>>100628758
Audrey is my waifu.

This really is just like summer.
>>
>>100631216
Except, back then, you know that you have to endure for only three months for the inevitable continuation and all the while waiting for the ongoing chapters of the series.
>>
File: 39537910_big_p5.jpg (253.11 KB, 700x392)
253.11 KB
253.11 KB JPG
>>100631503

Yep. Now all we have to wait for is the inevitable death of these threads and the lack of anything else VVV related in our lives.
>>
>>100613598
Being the heroine (love interest) doesn't change the fact she's a supporting character.
>>
>>100616663
>the guilt is clearly still weighing heavily on her mind
She didn't look remorseful in the slightest.
>>
>>100596648
>that specific American history
>>
>>100631503
We could also speculah during the break. Now all we can do is argue over whose interpretations of the shit ending is right.
>>
>>100606273
>she was shown to make surprises but those were situational comedic gags
>but those were situational comedic gags
>situational comedic gags

HEY GUYS, LET'S START A COUNTRY.
HEY GUYS, MAKE ME PRIME MINISTER, I'LL THROW A FESTIVAL ON THE MOOOOOOON

>not entirely fucking relevant to the entire plot of Valvrave
>but those were situational comedic gags, not compromising her core character of friendship and loyalty

Of course they didn't compromise the core of her character, that IS the core of her character.
>>
>>100591798
>mfw I still haven't watched episode 24
I don't know if I ever will.
>>
I want an ova of L-elf's and Shoko's wedding.
>>
I want an ova of L-elf's and Haruto's uncensored honey moon.
>>
File: 39454382.jpg (547.99 KB, 816x1000)
547.99 KB
547.99 KB JPG
>>100639940
I want a doujin of their wedding night.
>>
File: 1388614596703.jpg (140.74 KB, 540x720)
140.74 KB
140.74 KB JPG
I want an ova of pic related



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.