[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: image.jpg (203.36 KB, 681x982)
203.36 KB
203.36 KB JPG
What kind of anime will be the most influential anime of the 2010s? Discuss.
>>
>>100465197
Some shitty harem.
>>
>>100465197
It has to be innovative, introduce/popularize new tropes and concepts, and have a tremendous success so it is done and redond,
>>
Did Haruhi really influence anything?
>>
>>100465257
Madoka so far.
>>
File: 1370295205046.png (564.98 KB, 681x982)
564.98 KB
564.98 KB PNG
>>100465197
That's a nice chart, but this is the correct one.
>>
>>100465300
Yup, it did. When it first aired in 2006, it was innovative, the tropes it used all had been already used before by a few anime, but what Haruhi did was using them all to create a single anime, popularizing them. Haruhi then provoked two things: the boom of LN adaptations, and the boom of quirky SOL anime.
>>
File: 1350628224479.png (513.14 KB, 975x730)
513.14 KB
513.14 KB PNG
>Haruhi
>Implying the success to VN anime wasn't the gateway to LN adaptions
>>
>>100465367
>Implying it influenced anything in the 2000s
>>
>>100465388
>boom of LN adaptations
probably.

>boom of quirky SOL anime
nah.
>>
>mecha
>mecha
>mecha
>Haruhi
Most influential show of the 2000s was a shitty LN adaptation. And people wonder why anime is so shit nowadays.
>>
>>100465365
Madoka hasn't been done and redone. It could have been, but the main reason is that the concepts introduced by Madoka are far too complicated, even more than those introduced by Haruhi, and animating more anime like that would be a pain in the ass, budget-wise.
>>
>>100465300
Are you serious? Haruhi opened up the market to the harem genre and generally lead the way for romcoms. It,a long with lucky Star and a few other niches opened the medium to mature female viewers as well.

It was easily as influential as EVA.
>>
>>100465468
Have you even seen The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya ? Someday In The Rain? The Disappearance?
>>
Madoka won like a billion awards already and made some records, I don't think there needs to be any discussion.
>>
>>100465468
all mecha are the same melodramatic shit anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (67.62 KB, 629x480)
67.62 KB
67.62 KB JPG
>>100465555
But it hasn't influenced the anime industry, you retard.
>>
>>100465555
The decade isn't over yet, we might get something even bigger than Madoka in the coming years.
>>
>>100465555
But what did it _influence_?
>>
anime never offers something new.

Since Manga established all demographics, most new things were just combining different tropes
>>
>>100465415
Sweet Jesus, anon I love this reaction image. Use this one more in future please.
>>
>>100465451
Having your own opinion on the subject is a good thing.
>>
>>100465590
Not yet
>>
2000's should be Monster
>>
>>100465554
I've watched the series and the movie and, while I can understand why people like it, there's nothing innovative about it whatsoever. The fact that mediocre shit like that has influenced anime is exactly why there are so many shit shows coming out every season.
>>
>medouka
>influential

I can't breathe.
>>
>>100465439
Just look at all of the 2ddep4u crap that has come out in the past 14 years. Most people might not know it, but the influence it left was unmatched. A show of it's influence will never come around again.
>>
>>100465468
>implying Evangelion was any good
>>
>>100465669
You're a good joke teller
>>
>>100465684
Not every year can be 2007. Besides, 2014 is going to be good, I can feel it in my bones.
>>
>>100465692
Regardless of your own personal opinion on Eva, it's quite clearly better than Haruhi in almost every regard.
>>
>>100465388
>the boom of quirky SOL anime
Azumanga Daioh, Fumoffu, Ichigo Mashimaro, and Pani Poni Dash! serve more as the templates for quirky SoL anime than Haruhi does, and also predate Haruhi. Also, the only reason why LN anime exist is because it worked for Visual Novels, which showed you can adapt something that isn't a manga and still make a financially successful product. Stop acting like the Haruhi anime's existence wasn't because of a slippery slope.
>>
>>100465197
That's a pretty cancerous chart.
>Implying Dragonball isn't the most influential anime of all time despite being utter shit.
>>
>>100465766
That's a pretty cancerous post.
>>
>>100465766
DBS didn't influence anything.
>>
>>100465197
Inferno Copu Season 2
>>
>>100465522
>Haruhi opened up the market to the harem genre
The harem genre has been perpetuated since Ranma and Tenchi, Love Hina opened up the market if anything.
>lead the way for romcoms
Are you taking the piss now? Romcom anime were a staple of the 90s and somewhat of the 80s.
>>
>>100465758
>implying any of those had enough success to influence the anime industry
>>
Didn't we have an identical thrwad to this one, same top post and image two days ago?
>>
>>100465766
Dragon Ball did influence shōnen more than any other manga/anime. And it wasn't shit, up until the Saiyan Saga.
>>
>>100465754
Do they have anything in common ?
Its pretty fucking stupid to compare them.
>>
>>100465822
Maybe, I don't remember.
>>
>>100465555
But it influenced nothing and there's still 6 years until the end of the decade.
>>
>>100465822
Yeah. We did. And I'm the same OP. I don't participate in the thread though.
>>
>>100465798
Most modern shonen have roots connected to DBZ.
>>
File: Utena.jpg (370.07 KB, 1024x768)
370.07 KB
370.07 KB JPG
>>100465522
>It,a long with lucky Star and a few other niches opened the medium to mature female viewers as well.
Becaue it wasn't open to them before. Right.
>>
>>100465522
>Harem
What is Ranma and Love Hina

>lead the way for romcoms
Rumiko Takahashi has been pushing those for almost 3 DECADES prior to Haruhi, and her works were also more popular, financially successful, and commanded viewership percentages that even modern prime time anime would kill for.
>>
>>100465901
>>100465842
>What is Hokuto no Ken?
>>
>>100465901
>Most modern shonen have roots connected to JoJo
ftfy
>>
>>100465798
>>100465784
Stop being such faggots.
>>
>>100465684
> I understand why people like it
> this is shit!
Faggot.
>>
File: Beelzebub-53-1024x576.png (614.96 KB, 1024x576)
614.96 KB
614.96 KB PNG
>>100465555
>>
>>100465921
HnK had more influence on the 90s while DBZ had much more influence on the 00s onward.
>>
>>100465921
Watch out. I never said Hokuto no Ken didn't influence shōnen. It did, and Dragon Ball also did, popularizing(and not introducing) many tropes like friendship, treasure searching, etc.
>>
>>100465933
I don't think Jojo is that influential. I like it and respect it and all, but shonen doesn't seem to be derived from it much.
>>
>>100466004
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>100465451
>>100465758
>>100465388
Nah, Haruhi (and Lucky Star) were really only influential because they sold a shit ton. To say High School SoL didn't exist before Haruhi would be lying - how
ever if you compare some of the best anime that aired before Haruhi and After you will see the trend.

Simply put I would argue, after Haruhi, Highschool SoLs got way more production. If Azumanga Diaoh defined the genre, Haruhi put it in the spotlight.

>>100465468
/m/ pls
>>
>>100465997
>Dense idiot protagonist that is really good at fighting
>>
>>100465951
But I do understand why people like it. It's because they have shit taste.
>>
>>100466034
Yup, that's true. Haruhi obviously wasn't the first one to use these tropes, but its success pushed anime directors to use them more.
>>
>>100466004
Let's look at influential another way. How many times have you seen Jojo parodied?
>>
>>100466027
I'm pretty honest. I can't really think of much that seem to obviously have been influence by Jojo, there's certain things like persona where it's a bit obvious, but it didn't change the whole genre to be more like it like with Hnk and DBZ.
>>
>>100465967
Not really since Shounen programs were never in decline.

Now, if DBZ lead to a revival (which it did not), you could argue that it lead to the resurgence of Shounen, but since we had tons of Shounen stuff before, during, and after the airing of DBZ, saying that would be a lie.
>>
>>100465522
>Haruhi opened up the market to the harem genre and generally lead the way for romcoms.

I'm sorry but this is completely untrue.

I have no opinion on whether Haruhi was "the most influential anime of the 2000s", though.
>>
>>100465300
It did. In a bad way.
>>
>>100465967
>>100465997
What did DB add to the formula that wasn't already there, though? Powerlevels? Beam battles? Those were around in media other than anime well before that, in western comics and tokusatsu at the very least.
>>
>>100466085
Parodies just means something is popular. Jojo is popular and well respected long running series. DBZ and HnK still get more paradoies, but that might be from my western perspective.
>>
obviously it will be the 2014 sailor moon remake
>>
>>100465555

I love madoka, but "magical girl anime" is not new at all, and it so common that it would be hard to say if future magical girl shows were influenced by it at all. (unless the directors/writers said so)
>>
>>100466130
Like I said, it didn't introduce beam battles and all the crap, but it popularized those concepts and that's why they are still being used.
>>
File: nichijou00114-650x365.jpg (50.55 KB, 650x365)
50.55 KB
50.55 KB JPG
What's so remarkable about Haruhi ?
>>
>>100466062
You have shit taste.
>>
>>100466034

Am I the only one who is shocked that Haruhi would be classified as "Highschool SoL"? I never saw the series as that at all.
>>
>>100466091
Just because something didn't lead revival/resurgence doesn't mean it didn't have influence.

Just because your parents/friends/etc didn't nearly kill you at some point of your life doesn't mean they never influenced you.
>>
File: image.jpg (383.95 KB, 1260x944)
383.95 KB
383.95 KB JPG
>those newfags haven't witnessed Haruhi's impact on the industry
>mfw
>>
I think Yugi oh inspired a shit lot of TCG related anime? Even in this season there is one TCG battle anime...
>>
>>100465798
It did, Shonenshit is the most popular and makes the most money.

Madoka and Hahuri's quirks are too blurred to be considered influential. Same goes for EVA, its foundation is built on being paradox, lighthearted on the outside, and twisted in the inside. Its too specific to influence anything. All it did was a mere marketing oppurtunity for shows on late-night. Nothing specifically content wise in EVA influenced things
>>
>>100466201
Good characters, mix of comedy, drama and sci/fi, realization. À universe that let fans speculate.
>>
>>100466130
I feel like describing power levels via how many transformations you've gone through was something that started with DBZ.

Also my memory fails to think of an anime that went with friendship power being literal power before it, but I'm not too confident with that assumption.
>>
File: 1387046029833.jpg (57.97 KB, 341x620)
57.97 KB
57.97 KB JPG
>>100466209
No, you do. And the fact that someone with shit taste is telling me I have shit taste simply confirms the fact that I have good taste.
>>
>>100465197
Idol anime. female and male Idols.
screencap this.
>>
File: 1366982546543.png (125.10 KB, 600x336)
125.10 KB
125.10 KB PNG
What Haruhi gave us :

-Wiseass MCs you want to punch in the face
-Annoying borderline retarded fMC bitches you want to punch in the face
-Yuki Nagato which has a nice design but virtually no character in the main series
-Moeblobs 2.0
-Faggots that act like faggots
-Depiction of real life mental deficencies NYORO~
-Washed out colors and glaringly contrasting shadow tones

I can go on.
>>
>>100466166
mecha are also dime a dozen before eva. Simple fact is Madoka was massively successful, many studios will attempt to capture even part of its success by incorporating a bunch of similar elements

$ is everything
>>
>>100466307
I guess, it sells a shit ton and is up on its 8th season I think.
>>
>>100466323
And the S1 had one of the most remarkable realisations I've ever seen.
>>
>>100466317
>Same goes for EVA
Eva deal with psychological and social problems that only a few to non anime has ever done before it.
I don't say it inspires anything because it's hard to imitate Eva, it's just allow studios to be more comfort to make something fuck the viewers' brains.
>>
>>100466428
>what is RaXephon
>what is Lain
>what is Texhnolyze
>>
>>100466464
Forgot about RaXephon and Texhnolyze but Lain was pretty different from those.
>>
>>100466130

Glowing hair, powerlevels; friendship, adventure, humor
>>
>>100466388
but the question is, what has done it? You're nothing until you get results. Until people start imitation Madoka, then you can't say it is influential.
>>
>>100466357
No, it's you.
>>100466402
S2 was actually much better looking, during E8 at least
>>
>>100466503
Lain is part of the experimental anime projects that followed Evangelion.
>>
File: devilman2.jpg (28.75 KB, 450x378)
28.75 KB
28.75 KB JPG
>>100466351
Well transforming for more power has been around at least as long as Devilman. Dunno about multiple forms though.
>friendship power being literal power
That sounds like it would've been done before by an old Super Robot anime or even tokusatsu like Ultraman, but I also couldn't say that with any real confidence.
>>
File: betterman.jpg (161.94 KB, 785x1023)
161.94 KB
161.94 KB JPG
>>100466428
>because it's hard to imitate Eva
Uh-huh.
>>
>>100466085
>How many times have you seen Jojo parodied?
About a tenth as many as Dragonball and HnK despite being almost as old as both. In the realm of anime, its influence is extremely minimal, and I really really wish that Jojofags would stop being delusional like Haruhifags thinking that their series had as much impact on the medium today.

>>100466317
After Eva, every protagonist and their grandma was a wimp that spent a good chunk of the series getting balls. That's why modern western anime "fans" hate Shinji for being spineless.
>>
topkek people are actually trying to say DBZ wasn't influential. Wow.
>>
>>100466540
I'm not talking about visuals. Plus, 2009's character design was too K-ON for me.
>>
>Haruhi
Even Digimon was more inspiring than that, I mean, 2000s was a shit decade to have Haruhi on top.
>>
>>100466538
People already have. They're just failing miserably thus far

People will always try to copy off the most popular thing. Nothing will change

Even twilight is influential in its genre
>>
>>100466544
Yeah transforming for more power is definitely an old thing, but using it as a means of defining your power levels.
Just look a shit like Naruto or Bleach, the main characters have gone through like 20 transformations states each throughout the series to show just how strong they are compared to earlier states. I think DBZ is showing its influence there.
>>
>>100466542
The creator of Lain didn't even watch Eva until like halfway through production. He was more influenced by western horror writers. While Eva might have opened up an audience for stuff like Lain, it had no influence on the project itself.
>>
It's too early to name what the most influential anime of the 2010's are yet. We aren't even half way through the decade yet. Eva didn't even finish airing until '96.
>>
>>100466632
You could at least list some series. I'm not saying you're wrong, but being vague doesn't help an argument.
>>
>>100466538
>Until people start imitation Madoka

Sailor Moon restart. Why now of all times ? Take a wild guess.
>>
>>100466636
I see. I was mistaken then.
>>
>>100466656
I think it will clearly be SnK.
>Grimdark fantasy gore "serious" shounen
>>
>>100466632
>People already have
You're going to have to actually name some anime series that took elements from Madoka. So far nothing really has.
>>
>>100466667
>TSUKINO WAS EVIL ALL ALONG
>>
>>100466667
That's fair enough, but given that sailor moon is a classic, I don't think it's really fair to list that as influential. Especially given that it isn't even out yet. Is there anything original that clearly shows influence from Madoka?
>>
File: Godzilla charged.jpg (16.42 KB, 757x240)
16.42 KB
16.42 KB JPG
>>100466525
>Glowing hair, powerlevels; friendship, adventure, humor
Honestly, all of those can be found in old tokusatsu. Maybe not hair, but glowing bodies at least, it's kinda hard to have glowing hair when you're a scaly monster that doesn't have any.
>>
>>100466679
The transition started with SAO. Then SnK. And now Akame ga Shounenshitfightan.

We'll see where this Renaissance of Nurutu tier blandness is going to lead us.
>>
>>100466692
Not him but the only one I can thing of is Gen'ei
>>
>>100466661
>>100466692
That one magical girl anime that tried to rip off Madoka but failed badly at it. Give me a minute to find it.
>>
>>100466692
Prism Illya sort of, I think. But I think the manga for that came out before Madoka.
>>
Guys, Nanoha was the first one to do Madokrap.
>>
>>100466729
>Grimdark fantasy gore "serious" shounen
>SAO

SAO isn't really that grimdark or serious, outside of it being a death game which isn't really that big of a deal when put next to other shonen. AgK and Snk are edgy as fuck though, not going to deny that
>>
>>100465555
>Madoka
Thats not Sailor Moon
>>
>>100466661
>>100466692
Anon already found it ;_;>>100466740
>>
>>100466729
Akame ga Kill was fine, but it will surely attract the similar fanbase into /a/ if it will be successful.
>>
>>100466380
>Annoying borderline retarded fMC bitches you want to punch in the face
>Rei Ayanami which has a nice design but virtually no character in the main series
>Faggots that act like faggots

But, anon, these ones are from Eva.
>>
>>100466778
If only Nanoha wasn't so boring
>>
Anime that influences is almost always bad.

Having a concept of its own such as notes that can kill, baking, pirates, gambling, boxing, serial killers is always for the better.

Robots, Fujoshis, Magical girls all that crap is bad
>>
File: 1369076992133.jpg (68.90 KB, 641x480)
68.90 KB
68.90 KB JPG
>>100466861
>Nanoha
>boring
>>
File: 1310591753271.jpg (7.41 KB, 153x136)
7.41 KB
7.41 KB JPG
10s will be the decade of harems or idorus.

Madoka failed because i don't see magical girl shows everywhere yet

Just wait.
>>
>>100466787
If only sailor moon was made in the 2000s, even then they are as related as eva is to gundam
>>
File: tomino.jpg (44.63 KB, 393x300)
44.63 KB
44.63 KB JPG
70s: Gundam 0079
80s: Zeta Gundam
90s: Gundam Wing
00s: Gundam Seed
10s: Gundam Unicorn
>>
>>100466876
This is a hipster.
>>
I just want more Seinen anime... The only good one and closest to the genre is maybe NHK, which is just sad.
>>
>>100466636
Eva allowed the people paying for Lain to take the risk on it. Who cares about the creator.
>>100466842
The correct answer is LN adaption mayhem. OP asked for influences, did not say for good or bad.
>>
>>100466906
If anything, Gundam Wing and Seed surely drive sunrise into the fujobaits studio as it is now.
>>
Don´t be so stupid to confuse influence with quality. Because there are great works that will NEVER be known and real shit that will be remembered forever.


> 70's

Mazinger Z. Yes This series opened in many places anime to the international. Mazinger is a symbol of pop culture even outside of Japan, and even one of the few anime characters that can boast a statue (Tarragona , Spain) . He laid the basis of the mecha.

> 80's

Clearly , Dragon Ball. Like Mazinger Z , Dragon Ball ( and Z , and GT ) , are another global icon recognized for all. Furthermore, ALL shonen authors known of the work of Akira Toriyama and admire it, and all the series in this genre presents arguments, topics and ideas , that, one way or another, were in Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is the reason why many see anime today, and why many authors of manga and anime began their careers .

> 90's

Neon Genesis Evangelion marked a before and after. A series that is currently spoken and debated . The Evangelion innovation is that it gave to the psychology of the characters importance. Before Evangelion , 90% of the stories were about the two premises of 70´s and 80´s (giant robots and guys fighting). Evangelion opened the door to new genres

> 00's

Haruhi Suzumiya is the most influential of the decade , precisely because reasons already stated before . Was what prompted the adaptation of LN and that made it attractive to the world the SoL , which later was popularized with other KyoAni works as K -On! or Lucky Star. Of course that SoL existed since before Haruhi , but much less so presence .

> 10's

There are still 6 years to go new anime series and stories, so it´s too early to give a verdict . So far , I think it is obvious that it is " Puella Magi Madoka Magica " which most likely to transcend, although this owed much to Evangelion .
>>
>>100466744
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou, even if the brain storming around it started before madoka, you can bet it only got green-lighted because of it.

But the proof of Madoka's influence right now is the fact that Urobutchi got hired to write the plot of a lot more shows.
>>
>>100466959
>Eva allowed the people paying for Lain to take the risk on it. Who cares about the creator.
That's exactly what he said anon.
>>
File: 1368245910209.jpg (1.30 MB, 1920x1200)
1.30 MB
1.30 MB JPG
>not one mention of pic related
>>
>>100466906
Even Tomino wouldn't be as egotistical to put a turn of the decade show as the most influential of all the 70s, over the works of Go Nagai and Leiji Matsumoto.
>>
>>100466906
I know he isn't exactly an Unicorn fan, but have we ever heard anything about how he feels about SEED and Wing=
>>
>>100466351
>I feel like describing power levels via how many transformations you've gone through was something that started with DBZ.
That's bullshit Saint Seiya had that shit already and to some extent HnK
>>
>>100466861
On the case of Nanoha. wasn't Symphogear just Nanoha meets Meguka. Cause it sure looked like that to me. Not that I watched the whole thing though. Dropped it pretty early on.
>>
File: Duck stealing chips.gif (947.09 KB, 154x127)
947.09 KB
947.09 KB GIF
Man, did Kyoani drop the ball recently or what?
>>
>>100467005
Lucky Star made SoL popular, KyoAni made K-ON! and made it bigger. It's only a money maker.
>>
>>100466925
Seinen doesn't mean "a story about a hikkikomori". And NHK manga is a shounen.
>>
>>100466969
>70s: the watershed for mecha
>80s: shounen series that gave future mangaka-to-be resolve
>90s: brought us character psychology and brought the previous two decades' hallmarks to Matrimony
>00s: LN ADAPTIONS WHICH ONLY HAPPENED BECAUSE OF VN ADAPTIONS BEING SHECKEL DISPENSERS DURRHURR
>>
>>100466969
This bait...
too much for me...
must, take bait
ARE YOU FUCKİNG RETARDED OR YOU DONT WATCH ANIME AT ALL YOU FAGGOT?
>>
>>100467036
Yeah I forgot about Saint Seiya, DBZ definitively owed it though.
>>
>>100467012
>Even Tomino wouldn't be as egotistical
He doesn't need to most fans think Zeta is the better work anyway.
>>
Man Conan was one of the most successful franchise in Japan but no one was able to do another good detective series, I guess thinking logically is just too hard for Japanese, or at least for the mangaka and anime directors.
>>
>>100467044
More like Nanoha meets Macross. The Megaka comparison falls pretty short.
>>
>>100467077
>>80s: shounen series that gave future mangaka-to-be resolve
Thats not Hokuto no Ken
>>
>>100467078
You could already try to make a response on why he's wrong instead of calling him a faggot. Whole point of this thread is to discuss what you think is the most influential anime of the past decades.
>>
>>100467062
That's not a duck and those are not chips.
You know what ? Forget it, you're an asshole.
>>
>>100467066
K-on pretty much revolutionized cute girls doing cute things.
>>
Guys, 2010s will be KanColle. Just look at how successful that shitty CG anime last season, when KanColle anime wasn't even out yet.
>>
The concept of a MC that is spineless or disenganged with people around him is a japanese thing.

The 2nd best sold novel in Japan since the 60s is about a guy who cant relate with the rest of society.
>>
>>100467142
Sailor Moon also did that
>>
File: Naruto.png (1.18 MB, 1388x1055)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>100465197
>>
>>100467152
Arpeggio actually features battleships with girls commanding them, KanColle is like Strike Witches.
>>
>>100467110
I forgot to add an apostrophe at the end of "series". I would say the influence between HnK and Dragonball is about even in that HnK had more action while Dragonball was more on the humorous side.
>>
>>100467142
>K-on revolutionized shit
Well good for them
>>
>>100467190
Despite how popular it is, I don't think Naruto actually has had much influence, outside of making some dweeby kids.
>>
>>100467091
While Zeta is my favorite Gundam series and one of my favorite anime, it's 0079 that really made its mark in anime history, there's no denying that.
>>
>>100467213
You must be pretty edgy to not like K-on.
>>
>>100467250
I have good standarts and i dont like the smell of shit
>>
File: 1390034875810[1].jpg (220.61 KB, 869x1245)
220.61 KB
220.61 KB JPG
What series do you think started the whole fanservice craze?
>>
>>100467205
Dragonball really dropped the ball when it went into Powerlevel Territory. I still like it because it was one of my childhood defining series but from an objective point it was pretty shitty compared to the early parts.
>>
>>100467142

Still, LS was the first successful show about cute girls doing ... nothing.

>>100466903

Whats the biggest harem of the last years? Oreimo, Boku Tomodachosoemthing or IS?
>>
>>100467190
Naruto is barely part of the "big three" back home. The moment you bring in less money than a series that came out the year before that hasn't actually released any new content, hang up your coat. You're fucking done.

Was there even a ninja anime boon back when it was a dominant force?
>>
>>100467250
Sometimes people just don't like cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>100467100
>The Megaka comparison falls pretty short.
The very first episode was heavily baiting around elements that were in Madoka like drama, suffering and characters completely losing control because throwing it all.
>>
>>100467293
Negima still has the biggest harem of last years award
>>
>>100467124
>That's not a duck
Now you're just looking for a fight, anon.
>>
>>100467313
What is Rakudai Ninja Rantarō?
>>
>>100467290
>Using Black Tri-Stars to give ass, hips and waist names
Based Dragons Rioting, MC is also pretty cool and Kyouka is best girl.
>>
>>100467290
Invader Lum 100 years ago.
>>
>>100467078

Hear the >>100466969

I watch anime since before you born. That your fucking favorite series don´t be a shit to the industry means nothing.

The influence is the influence. You may agree or not, but this haven´t discussion, and you just have to see the kind of series are in air each season.

I don´t like Mazinger, I prefer other shonens more than DB, I love NGE and I think that Haruhi gave cancer to the industry, but it is what it is
>>
>>100467290
I blame Love Hina. For a lot of things.
>>
I think we haven't seen that show yet.
>>
>>100467322
That doesn't even make sense. How can you not like cute girls doing cute things? It literally doesn't make sense.
>>
>>100467335
That's a seagull you fucktard.
>>
>>100467250
I like cute girls doing cute things only if they're cute and the things they do are cute and funny.

Like, say, Strawberry Marshmallow. I bet if you put Miu in their group it would be AOTS hands down since it would involve Miu being animated by a company that has enough money to actually animate their characters.
>>
>>100467376
They're gay, isn't that simple enough?
>>
>>100467383
That's a duck, you retard. Haven't you seen any ducks in your lifetime?
>>
Yuru Yuri so far. You can see the large amount of yuri undertone shows that have been released since it. Honestly we get at least one a season at this point. Although it is true that Saki may have also contributed to that. So Saki and Yuru yuri I guess?
>>
Man I wish there was more anime like F/Z who deal with mature subjects and aim for mature audiences...
The current anime industry is filled with teenage garbage, can't blame them though since that's their target audience.
>>
>>100467409
Have you never been to the beach in your life? It's obviously a seagull you retard.
>>
>>100467355
Those shit doesnt matter
HnK did more than Dragon ball thats a fact

K-on and lucky star are just retarded territory
>>
>>100467330
>The very first episode was heavily baiting around elements that were in Madoka like drama, suffering and characters completely losing control because throwing it all.
You do know that even in mahou shoujo anime, Madoka didn't invent those things, right? The only reason anyone even raises the comparison is because it aired the year after Madoka and had Aoi Yuki in the lead. Apart from being 'magical-esque girls, some of whom suffer tragic fates', the comparison is pretty damn superficial, especially when Madoka was a serious drama and Syphogear was a goofy mess.
>>
>>100467424
I was waiting for this post.
>>
>>100467411
Marimite did it first, it also made the whole character based(SoL/iyashi-kei) storytelling more popular.
>>
>>100467398
>i only like cute girls doing cute things if they do cute things that are funny
You missed the point of cute girls anon.
>>
>>100467094
nonsense.

Crime-themed manga have been there for a long time. Seinen manga specifically.

>>100466909
You sure? Regarding Manga and TV Ratings, the rest of Japan thinks so too
>>
>>100467411
What about Sakura trick?
>>
>>100467077
>BECAUSE OF VN ADAPTIONS BEING SHECKEL DISPENSERS DURRHURR
VN adaptations sell like ass. The only VN series I can think of to get multiple seasons is Koihime which has very little to do with the actual visual novel. I think milky holmes might have been based off a VN too but it obviously has nothing in common with that either.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (228.05 KB, 640x480)
228.05 KB
228.05 KB PNG
>>100467290
Fanservice and moe existed as early as the 70s but not to the same extent as today when entire shows are built around moe and fanservice, Strike Witches being a superb a example.

To answer OPs question I am still hoping for a show that takes anime out of the current spiral where SoL and Harems dominate.
>>
>>100467455
>been there for a long time.
I know, but it seems that there is a huge lack of crime manga, and most of them was either illogical as fuck or exaggerated to Higurashi level.
>>
So...

Mecha, Mecha, Mecha, Moeshit slice of life?

so we can agree that any turned shit in the 2000's
>>
>>100467513
>Haruhi
>moeshit slice of life
>>
>>100467482
It is. Same with its predessor Galaxy Angel where all the girls are more retarded and comical.
It was better for it too. It also turned to shit the moment there was a cast change too.
>>
>>100466969
>So far , I think it is obvious that it is " Puella Magi Madoka Magica " which most likely to transcend, although this owed much to Evangelion.
I would say the same, I liked Madoka (probably not as much as most of these brony tier fans) but it really is just "Take a developed scenario such as Magical girls, and introduce some mindbreak to the characters", like eva did with mecha.

I think we are still in the "Haruhi" generation of anime with the plethora of LN adaptions. I do not see an escape either as this is a proven cash cow.
The only hope I see is for an anime to be released that uses CGI in a revolutionary way. I think all reasonable anons can agree that CGI is not inherently flawed and if improvements are made with implementation and capability it will lead the way to a new golden age of anime due to the depleting cost of production.
>>
>>100467428
>Those shit doesnt matter
That´s your opinion
>HnK did more than Dragon ball thats a fact
Ask anyone which of both is more known, and check out who the authors of shonen appointments whenever they are asked for "Who inspired you to work on this"
>K-on and lucky star are just retarded territory
Retarded territory that dominates this industry since 8 years ago
>>
>>100467513
80's one isnt even true, its HnK
>>
File: azudai.png (177 KB, 300x239)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
You know, I think Azumanga Daioh should take 2000s despite technically airing from 1999-2002.
>>
>>100467455
Mind listing the top rated TV and Manga? Because I'm pretty sure Robots, Fujoshis, Magical girls are going to be included.
Also you're saying anything that influences (therefore popular) is bad, which kinda contradicts your statement under the assumption that anything you list becoming influential means that it then becomes bad.
I just assumed that you meant anything that is influenced by another work is bad, but that's such a big statement, I can't really agree since even stuff like the series you listed find influence from other works.
>>
>>100467495
>Harems
I think it's dying... maybe.
But we can see that there hasn't been many successful SoL recently, or at least there wasn't any SoL anime reached K-on tier of sales. Also I think there are fewer SoL animes after every season.
>>
File: rsdvd1350.jpg (740.04 KB, 900x1270)
740.04 KB
740.04 KB JPG
>>100467411
Please
>>
>>100467540
Mindbreaking characters in all genres of anime is older than Madoka.
Hell it happened in season 1 of the original Salior Moon.
>>
File: azudai.png (177 KB, 300x239)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Azumanga Daioh should take 2000s.

please excuse my earlier retardation
>>
>>100467540
I actually think LN harems are starting to slowly become a minority to yuri and all those all female cast shows. Thank god too because harems are almost all shit.
>>
File: muh gug old animu.png (592.68 KB, 1574x836)
592.68 KB
592.68 KB PNG
>>100467513
But those were the 80s and 90s as well.
Take those fucking nostalgia goggles off.
>>
>>100467546
>Cute girls doing cute things dominating industry
It doesnt mean they are influential, industry is shit since moeshit appeared.
Dragon Ball/Z is only well know because its people childhood anime, not because its influential.
HnK did way more than Dragon Ball
>>
Kinda related
>Market share percentage and total yen made in 2012.
1 Anpanman-------7.82%-------119,959,000,000(male mc)
003 Pokemon-------6.00%-------92,040,000,000(male mc and male cast)
005 One Piece-------4.23%-------64,888,200,000(male mc and male cast)
006 PreCure series-------4.14%-------63,507,600,000(female mc and female cast)
011 Gundum series-------2.19%-------33,594,600,000(male mc and mostly male cast)
019 Doraemon-------1.24%-------19,021,600,000(male mc and mostly male cast)
021 Jewelpet-------1.21%-------18,561,400,000(female mc and female cast)
025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000(female mc and female Cast)
029 Neon Genesis Evangelion-------0.61%-------9,357,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)
035 Dragon Ball series-------0.50%-------7,670,000,000(male mc and male cast)
037 Totoro-------0.44%-------6,749,600,000(male mc and female cast)
039 Madoka Magica-------0.43%-------6,596,200,000(female mc and female cast)
041 Naruto-------0.40%-------6,136,000,000(male mc and mostly male cast)
051 Natsume Yuujinchou-------0.34%-------5,215,600,000(male mc and mixed cast)
052 Tiger and Bunny-------0.33%-------5,062,200,000(male mc and cast)
054 Vocaloid-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000 (female mc and female cast)
056 Fate series-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000(Male mc and mixed cast)
060 Yu-Gi-Oh-------0.28%-------4,295,200,000(Male mc and male cast)
062 Gintama-------0.26%-------3,988,400,000(Male mc and male cast)
067 Kuroko's Basketball-------0.23%-------3,528,200,000(Male mc and male cast)
069 UtaPrince-------0.21%-------3,221,400,000(Female mc and male cast)
074 Detective Conan-------0.19%-------2,914,600,000(Male mc and male cast)
075 Bakemonogatari-------0.18%-------2,761,200,000(Male mc and and female cast)
078 Macross-------0.16%-------2,454,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)
080 Prince of Tennis-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000(male mc and male cast)
081 Shin-chan-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000(male mc and male cast)
>>
>>100467622
I love how YYH is just there in the corner
>>
>>100467411
thats like saying lesbian movies have inpact on normal movies.
>>
>>100467451
I hate K-On!'s art style.
>>
>>100467533
Haruhi is Moeshit slice of urban chichlit fantasy.
>>
>>100467633
>025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000(female mc and female Cast)
2010s confirmed for idol age, Yamakan was right
>>
>>100465197
Haruhi is in no way the most influential from the 2000s

Gungam and Eva are pretty good representatives of their decades though.
>>
Why Haruhi? I would argue TTGL was more influential.
>>
>>100467633
Cut out all the normalfag and childrens shows which are a completely separate market. That includes Eva by the way.
>>
>>100467633
Was this recently updated? It looks slightly different.
>>
>>100467663
Oh well totally forgot about idol shit. Which was the first one started this trend again?
>>
>>100467647
I like how it's surrounded with cute girls as well. Brings our current line ups into perspective.

Anime got good. And I'm happy about that.
>>
>>100467613
It's just that in Sailor Moon it wasn't all summarized in 12 episodes, there was also light-hearted scenes and the whole MoTW theme. For many people Madoka feels something different because it's NOTHING but suffering after two first episodes and takes it to extreme levels. We don't even get proper introduction of the characters before they start suffering, their only purpose is to suffer through the series.
>>
>>100467672
Are you nuts? What exactly did TTGL influence?
>>
>>100467672
TTGL didn't do shit and was a financial bomb back home.
>>
>>100467701
Uhm... KLK?
>>
>>100467628
>industry is shit since moeshit appeared.
>industry is moe since moe appeared.
FTFY, look up the fucking definition of influential.
>>
>>100467672
TTGL had no influence because it is too hard to make a show like that. You can see that from KLK not trying anywhere near as hard as gurren lagann did. They know they cant pull that off again without a miracle.
>>
>>100467730
I don't think that really counts when its made by mostly the same people. But this is probably bait.
>>
>>100467672
TTGL influenced nothing except for people who thought "GAR" was some kind of real phenomena instead just an internet joke. It never really happened. TTGL itself is something that was influenced by older titles, it's a homage.
>>
File: candy candy.jpg (136.69 KB, 949x843)
136.69 KB
136.69 KB JPG
>>100467622
Not as prevalent as today though and they were not aimed at 20-something males to make them buy figurines but towards little girls who would buy dolls to play with.
>>
>>100467701
Casshern Sins
>>
>>100467730
Yeah, TTGL was so influential all the people who worked in Gainax making it got the boot so they had to make their own company.
>>
File: 1384405967384.jpg (71.56 KB, 746x720)
71.56 KB
71.56 KB JPG
>>100467730
You've got to be trolling.
>>
>>100467661
It's much more than that. It actually has depth, good, likeable characters who are well-written, an original story/setting, an excellent realisation and stunning visuals for 2006. But you must be too immature as an anime watcher to notice that. Lurk more.
>>
>>100467730
>This anime influenced another anime made by the same staff
You're delusional.
>>
>>100467672
I wouldn't say TTGL was influential since it was basically a love letter to mecha. It wasn't trying to be something new, despite being so popular. There wasn't much to derive from it asides from the idea of making series for the sake of loving a genre, which didn't really seem to catch on
>>
>>100467756
>Not as prevalent as today
Much more prevalent. MUCH MORE PREVALENT.
>>
>>100467769
How?

Sins was leaps and bounds better than TTGL, anyway.
>>
>>100467684
There's been idol anime before, but recently im@s I think
>>
>>100467699
>their only purpose is to suffer through the series.

Kind of like Texhnolyze, which is older, "suffering porn" wasn't invented by Madoka either.
>>
>>100467774
>It actually has depth, good, likeable characters who are well-written,

I disagree with that.
I was already in my 20s when I watched Haruhi and I honestly didn't find any of the characters likable or well written.
Haruhi was cringe worthy and that's me being mild on the topic.
Kyon isn't anything new or fresh unless you only watch chinktoons, he's Mulder without the drive to actually do shit.
The rest of the characters are caricatures. More so than Kyon and Haruhi.
>>
Is fuuny to see op's pic always wrong.

The 1970s supposed to be Space Battleship Yamato which consider the first otaku wave with Gundam the second and EVA the third.

Mazinger maybe play a bigrole in mecha but for the whole anime compare to Gundam and Evangelion, it's just a stepping stone
>>
The anime that influenced the popularity of the best mobile suit ever made
>>
>>100465197
But how can we decide on something when its not over yet?
>>
>>100467572

Shoujo=/=Moeshit
>>
>>100467934
That's not Nu Gundam
>>
>>100467676
How's this?

005 One Piece-------4.23%-------64,888,200,000(male mc and male cast)
006 PreCure series-------4.14%-------63,507,600,000(female mc and female cast)
011 Gundum series-------2.19%-------33,594,600,000(male mc and mostly male cast)
025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000(female mc and female Cast)
029 Neon Genesis Evangelion-------0.61%-------9,357,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)
035 Dragon Ball series-------0.50%-------7,670,000,000(male mc and male cast)
039 Madoka Magica-------0.43%-------6,596,200,000(female mc and female cast)
041 Naruto-------0.40%-------6,136,000,000(male mc and mostly male cast)
051 Natsume Yuujinchou-------0.34%-------5,215,600,000(male mc and mixed cast)
052 Tiger and Bunny-------0.33%-------5,062,200,000(male mc and cast)
054 Vocaloid-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000 (female mc and female cast)
056 Fate series-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000(Male mc and mixed cast)
062 Gintama-------0.26%-------3,988,400,000(Male mc and male cast)
067 Kuroko's Basketball-------0.23%-------3,528,200,000(Male mc and male cast)
069 UtaPrince-------0.21%-------3,221,400,000(Female mc and male cast)
074 Detective Conan-------0.19%-------2,914,600,000(Male mc and male cast)
075 Bakemonogatari-------0.18%-------2,761,200,000(Male mc and and female cast)
078 Macross-------0.16%-------2,454,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)
080 Prince of Tennis-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000(male mc and male cast)
>>
>>100465555
And let it never influence a single fucking thing.
Madoka is the shitty mainstream equivalent of the bunch of loli girls go on an adventure.

It does nothing worthy of having influence.
>>
>>100467922
>>>/v/
>>
>>100467628

I said in my first post: "Quality doesn´t equal to influence."

You talk about influence as synonymous with quality, when must realize that influence is purely a concept related to the POPULARITY . The merger between popularity and quality , the first being more important , is what makes the INFLUENCE that affect new authors take these works as BASE to create new ones .

You said "industry is shit since moeshit Appeared " . And why moeshit appeared ? Of Haruhi Suzumiya , mother of moe, INFLUENCED throughout the industry .

You say "Dragon Ball Z is well know only childhood anime Because its people ." And an anime that is important to people isn´t the predestined to inspire those children who then grow and become AUTHORS ? Ask Kishimoto, Kube , Oda .. regardless of whether you like his work or not , are part of this business, and they always say . WORKING ON THIS FOR AKIRA TORIYAMA and DRAGON BALL.

If you can not accept this, you don´t understand the meaning of the concept under discussion , or you interpret it differently .
>>
File: 1366158513552.jpg (1.35 MB, 2000x3600)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>100467969
That's not the Zeta, you pleb.
>>
>>100467988
One Piece is a normalfag franchise
>>
>>100467988
Isn't PreCure a children's show?
>>
>>100467934
Gyan wasn't even in the movies.
;_;
>>
>>100467961
This is what moefags don't understand, yes shoujo shows existed in spades many years ago but were not marketed towards neckbeards but to young/teenaged girls.
Seriously, don't even try to pretend Strike Witches and Girls und Panzer are marketed towards young females.
>>
>>100467988
025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000(female mc and female Cast)
039 Madoka Magica-------0.43%-------6,596,200,000(female mc and female cast)
051 Natsume Yuujinchou-------0.34%-------5,215,600,000(male mc and mixed cast)
052 Tiger and Bunny-------0.33%-------5,062,200,000(male mc and cast)
054 Vocaloid-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000 (female mc and female cast)
056 Fate series-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000(Male mc and mixed cast)
062 Gintama-------0.26%-------3,988,400,000(Male mc and male cast)
067 Kuroko's Basketball-------0.23%-------3,528,200,000(Male mc and male cast)
069 UtaPrince-------0.21%-------3,221,400,000(Female mc and male cast)
075 Bakemonogatari-------0.18%-------2,761,200,000(Male mc and and female cast)
078 Macross-------0.16%-------2,454,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)

fixed it for ya
>>
>>100467928
That pic only concerned mecha originally. /a/ distorted it.

From /m/ btw.
>>
>>100467998
You don't get what I wrote, dear newfag, I'm saying when Haruhi aired I was already in my 20s. Do you understand now ? If anything you should fuck off to animesuki, I've been here longer than you. I remember the cancer that was Haruhi. You think SAO and SnK fans are bad ? You were much worse. Much worse.
You still are.
>>
File: GyanGyaGyanIII.jpg (365.27 KB, 768x1024)
365.27 KB
365.27 KB JPG
>>100468053
That's because the saint of Gyans didn't exist yet
>>
>>100468007
Sorry for my bad redaction in some parts. I was writting and deleting parts and... oh god "only childhood anime Because its people " WTF i wrote?
>>
>>100467676
you are what is wrong with /a/
>>
File: 1336891611295.gif (202.55 KB, 240x320)
202.55 KB
202.55 KB GIF
>>100468047
>Isn't PreCure a children's show?
>>
>>100468086
No I am implying you are a normalfag so you should go talk about anime with other normalfags on /v/.
>>
>>100468007
>Haruhi
>mother of moe
>Not Kaiji
hue
captcha: paid hue
>>
>>100468116
>stop not liking what l like
>>
>>100468116
This whole "They don't like my pandering garbage, they're from /v/" thing is getting rather stale, don't you think?
>>
>>100467922
Haruhi is much more than that. Her egocentric personnality foreshadows her melancholic, likeable side. She's not just a hyper girl. Rewatch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Someday in the Rain. The fact that you find her cringe worthy proves you didn't understand the character.

Kyon actually was a fresh character. He's the prototype to the cynical, smart, lazy MC we often see in recent KyoAni shows(KnK, Hyouka), and his narration was top-tier. The fact that he realizes that he actually likes being a member of the SOS Brigade makes the character even more likeable.
>>
>>100468007
>Haruhi Suzumiya , mother of moe
Stop
>>
>>100468142
How the fuck is Haruhi pandering garbage? Did you even watch it?
>>
>>100468116
>watches Haruhishit
>says anyone else is a normalfag

I'll remind you this shit was advertised with life actors in the USA. You can't get more normalfag than Haruhi.
>>
>>100468069
>That pic only concerned mecha originally. /a/ distorted it.
What was the one for the 2000s, out of curiosity?
>>
>>100468156
>melancholic, likeable side
And Bigfoot exists but only lurks in out-of-focus areas.
>>
how is madoka influential at all?
it's story has been done by many other anime, higurashi, steins gate, the time machine (not anime but the fucking original), cross channel etc.

its just magical girl anime with time loop, i can only imagine people new to anime finding it amazing or new.
>>
File: freaksngeeks.jpg (127.89 KB, 718x546)
127.89 KB
127.89 KB JPG
>Haruhi
>>
>>100468225
A big question mark.

Then /m/ proceeded to debate endlessly about the 00s. The most common answer was Gundam Seed, despite the fact that no one liked it, but acknowledged its influence.
>>
File: 1369172628977.jpg (356.77 KB, 542x800)
356.77 KB
356.77 KB JPG
>>100468047

Its big among the otaku.
>>
>>100468059
>>100467988
006 PreCure series-------4.14%-------63,507,600,000(female mc and female cast)
025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000(female mc and female Cast)
039 Madoka Magica-------0.43%-------6,596,200,000(female mc and female cast)
051 Natsume Yuujinchou-------0.34%-------5,215,600,000(male mc and mixed cast)
052 Tiger and Bunny-------0.33%-------5,062,200,000(male mc and cast)
054 Vocaloid-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000 (female mc and female cast)
056 Fate series-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000(Male mc and mixed cast)
062 Gintama-------0.26%-------3,988,400,000(Male mc and male cast)
067 Kuroko's Basketball-------0.23%-------3,528,200,000(Male mc and male cast)
069 UtaPrince-------0.21%-------3,221,400,000(Female mc and male cast)
078 Macross-------0.16%-------2,454,400,000(male mc and mixed cast)


You can thank me later, fags.
>>
>>100468056
its like talking to a brick wall.

they will argue with Project A-ko and other sci-fi and action shit
>>
>>100468225
probably GL right? Idk if it's influential but it was probably the best mecha of the 2000s
>>
>>100468298
I've been tempted to watch Heartcatch PreCure, but 50+ episodes kills it for me.
>>
>>100468299
>no monogatari
You blew it.
>>
Shit Haruhi fans say :
>Haruhi has a side to her character which is not annoying
>Yuko Nagato has a character
>The anime was good and influential and the success has nothing to do with the viral marketing campaign KyoAni invested much of their budget on
>The plot only starts in the 7th novel.

Carry on~
>>
>>100468348
>Liking shitty harems
No, anon, you blew it.
>>
>>100468299

>eva
>normalfag

Eva its a nerd thing in Japan. You people are too delusional.

Normalfags watch soap operas and sports like the Western world.
>>
>>100468315
>Idk if it's influential
It was not.
>it was probably the best mecha of the 2000s
Bait.
>>
>>100468299
anime is anime faggot.
>>
File: 465.gif (403.01 KB, 400x225)
403.01 KB
403.01 KB GIF
>>100468340

You are not forced to rush it. Watch a couple of episodes per month.
>>
>>100468374
Maybe 15 years ago.
>>
>>100468371
>monogatari
>harem
lel also the point of those lists (>>100468059 >>100467988) was to remove stuff normals like (naruto, one piece, etc) Not make a list of stuff you like.
>>
>>100468426

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>100468374
>Eva its a nerd thing in Japan.
Seriously, you should get with the times.
>>
>>100468436
>normals
I'll have to point out japanese otaku don't give a flying fuck and your definition of normals has little meaning for them.
One Piece to this day has a mainly mature audience with more people in their 40s watching it than teens.
>>
>>100468455
EVA is normalfag as fuck nowadays.
>>
File: k-bigpic.jpg (80.31 KB, 640x360)
80.31 KB
80.31 KB JPG
>>100468455
You seem butt bothered.
>>
>>100468371
>>100468436
Harem does not equate to shit, and monogatari is 100% harem.

It's all about the executions, not the elements. Have you anons learned nothing?
>>
>>100468436
First of all, it is a harem. Even the LN author admitted it. Secondly, I may be wrong here, since I don't follow the harem fad, but isn't Monogatari like the entry level to harem series in general?
>>
So nerd they have Evangelion pantyhose.
>>
File: laughingwitches.jpg (292.79 KB, 2880x2160)
292.79 KB
292.79 KB JPG
>>100468499

Yeah, i imagine normalfags and neurotypicals watching a show about a 14 years old kid with daddy issues.
>>
>>100468499
In Akihabara maybe.
>>
>>100468540
>Harem does not equate to shit
I agree, but I just didn't like Monogatari in general. I rarely find Shafts adaptations good, to be honest. But in general, what I dislike the most about Monogatari, it's the fanbase. One of the most annoying fanbases on /a/.
>>
>>100468543
implying harem is under a negative light where author has to admit shit. Let's face it, all J or K drama are mostly (reverse) harem NTR shit anyway.
>>
File: 68a.png (53.24 KB, 219x301)
53.24 KB
53.24 KB PNG
>>100465197
Haruhi is overrated
>>
>>100468543
>isn't Monogatari like the entry level to harem series in general?
Er, no. Those would be Tenchi or Love Hina. It's atypical as harems go anyway.
>>
File: eva_angel_iphone_01.jpg (86.50 KB, 640x480)
86.50 KB
86.50 KB JPG
>>100468605
Meanwhile the nerds with their evangelion iphone covers...
>>
>>100468489
What you said has zero relevance to the discussion.
>>
How come nothing from the current decade seems particularly remarkable?
>>
>>100468655
>Tenchi or Love Hina.
>2014

You need a reality check.
>>
>>100468641
All fanbases are annoying, it has fuck all to do with the quality of the show in general.
There are a dozen worse fanbases on /a/ anyway.
>>
>>100468436
Let me guess, you also don't think Toradora, TWGOK, haruhi, and SG are harem

Typical reddit or malfag
>>
>>100468721
How can Monogatari be a harem when there's only two girls who want mc?
>>
>>100468693
>otaku don't watch things like Nurutu and Onepiece
>statistics straight from Shounen Jump show those ARE in fact the people to watch it

Yeah. No relevance at all.
Or maybe you're implying 40 year old businessmen watch it on their tablets while they get driven to work in a limousine.
>>
>>100468641
I'm getting real tired of this shit. "I like the show but hate the fanbase" can be said about fucking every piece of entertainment media out there. There will always be autists, obsessive people and people with mental problems amongst the fanbase of any show. At this point it should really go without saying that all fanbases are shit, but they have no effect on the actual quality of the show itself.
>>
>>100468705
Er, yes? The harem shows everyone saw as some of the first anime they ever watched, and the ones with the most staying power. You could add Ranma to that as well, I suppose. Nowadays I suppose you could put it down as Haruhi, although that's a pretty atypical harem as well. Really, there are far too many now for any one or two to be the entry point to the genre.
>>
File: gbf.jpg (47.22 KB, 560x313)
47.22 KB
47.22 KB JPG
>>100465197
Coming though.
>>
>>100468605
Its not the same at all...

They are different layers of Otaku...its no Shonen Jump, Merchandise or Ghibli thing but on the same level of Gintama surely.
>>
File: hoody eva.jpg (127.39 KB, 596x596)
127.39 KB
127.39 KB JPG
>>100468675
and their Eva hoodies...
>>
>>100468757
The person who first asked for lists without normalfag stuff was using /a/'s definition. Then you come around talking about how Japan doesn't care about /a/'s definition of normal. What relevance does that have at all?
>>
>>100468766
Listen. Try to take this in.
People still to this day get into anime.
Kids all over the word get into anime right this moment.
None of them have even heard of Love Hina. And if they have they won't watch more than an episode before dropping it and going back to Bakemono.

Love Hina might've been entry level in the early 2000s. That time passed. Quite a while ago.
>>
>>100468642
>harem is under a negative ligh
For people who want something more than pointless self-inserting - yes.

>>100468655
Do people even remember those still?

>>100468706
I guess that's true. It's just that usually Monogatari fags stand out like a sore thumb, at least that's how I usually see it.

>>100468765
>I like the show
You should re-read my post. I didn't like the show. It's just a harem with an 'original idea'. The 'idea' is that the protagonist isn't a beta, that is all.
>>
>>100467124
you heard it here first folks

anon confirms that doritos are not chips
>>
>>100466304
Go away OnlyAfro
>>
>>100468830
>The person who first asked for lists without normalfag stuff
Well if you're going by /a/'s definition why do you have shit like Gintama, fujoushi shit and Vocaloid in the list ?
>>
>>100468871
>None of them have even heard of Love Hina. And if they have they won't watch more than an episode before dropping it and going back to Bakemono.
I'm not sure if you're serious. If you say so, m8. You're mad if you think Bake is an entry point to the genre though.
>>
>>100468933
Ask whoever made those shitty fucking lists.
>>
>>100465747
>Not every year can be 2007
I've watched a bunch of 2007 shows, not even a good year. The only great ones were Nodame, SZS, Baccano and Kaiji. Minami-ke, Mononoke and Sketchbook were pretty good too.
>>
File: 1311949083856.jpg (81.88 KB, 486x409)
81.88 KB
81.88 KB JPG
>>100468925
Why did I suddenly lose my shit right here? Thanks, anon.
>>
>>100468925
He is retarded, Doritos are essentially tortilla chips.
>>
>>100468939
It's like you ignored everything he typed.
>>
>>100468983
That's the point.
>>
>>100468965
I forgot to mention Dennou Coil.
>>
>>100466201
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/KamisamanoIutooriNi1/312760-40.html

NIGHTMARES INBOUND
>>
>>100467928
I don't think you realize just how important Mazinger was. The show wasn't just popular, it really made merchandising a thing. Ever heard of chogokins? It all started with Mazinger Z.

In addition to that, it was one of the first international hits. Beginning with Spain. Its sequel, Grendizer made waves in France, Italy and Saudi Arabia. In fact, Grendizer has well entered France's pop culture with songs being made about it etc.
>>
File: 1389350623970.jpg (48.20 KB, 628x354)
48.20 KB
48.20 KB JPG
>>100468804

>look Japan has weird merchadise

Your new is showing.
>>
>>100469017
He was rusing or just plain stupid.
>>
>>100468939
>I'm not sure if you're serious.
Take a reality check. I told you already.
You've either been to long on /a/, something I doubt. Or you're just delusional to begin with.

Yeah, kids that get into anime right now more possible than not WILL NOT WATCH Love Hina. Or Tenchi Muyo. Heck I know it for a fact most of /a/ has not watched Tenchi.

Whether Bakeshit is entry level harem, I'm not the person that said that. It's definitely entry level something right now, that far is true.
>>
>>100469012
He ignored most of what I posted too, so it's fine.
And it still doesn't make Bake the entry point to the harem genre.
>>
>>100467668
Go back to your thread, ShitlaShit fanboy.
>>
>>100468965
What was your favorite year, for comparison?
>>
>>100469067
Look, I'll just paraphrase what I already wrote, since you're too dense to notice.
>Current animefags: grew up with Tenchi and Love Hina as their first harem series
>New animefags: Haruhi - most likely early harem experience. Vast number of harem anime produced every year = no one dominant series as entry point
Now go away, I'm not interested in discussing it, the point is that Bake isn't an entry point to the genre because the people who get into it aren't doing so for the elements typical to harem series.
>>
File: 13121.jpg (265.14 KB, 680x1528)
265.14 KB
265.14 KB JPG
>>100465197
>>100465197
Here's your answer.
>>
File: 11.jpg (26.92 KB, 288x333)
26.92 KB
26.92 KB JPG
>>100469140
I liked 2005, 2008 and 2011.
>>
File: image.jpg (121.76 KB, 700x803)
121.76 KB
121.76 KB JPG
>>100469250
>>
>>100467005
K-On had a major impact on /a/.
>>
>>100469236
>doing so for the elements typical to harem series.
Yes. They would do it for the ecchi and fanservice. That's a different genre altogether. Though it caters to the same audience in the end.
>>
>>100467633
>Pokemon
>(male mc and male cast)
Doesn't that little shit always have two or three girls orbiting around him? And his male friends are, who? Brock?
>>
>>100469049
doesn't matter, for /a/ only America and Japan is on relevance.
>>
Haruhi changed the way otaku anime is marketed. The purpose wasn't anymore to sell many DVDs. Anime became part of a whole: selling LNs, manga, promoting VAs up the charts (Hirano Aya), character CDs, a fuck load of merchandising, public demos from the dances... This is why it's said it changed the industry.
>>
>>100469382
One of the 5 or so accurate posts in this thread.
>>
>2000's
>Harui

Shitty anime for shitty years
>>
>>100469407
You're welcome. Someone had to tell the newfags.
>>
>>100469382
Yeah. This.
>>
>>100469342
>They would do it for the ecchi and fanservice.
This is where the problem lies. Bake has those things but it's outweighed by sheer dialogue and slow pacing. Any other given harem or fanservice show will trump it in those aspects, so it's not a good example of either.
Nise just about being an exception, but you'd have to go through an entire season to even get to that, which isn't likely for the harem demographic.
>>
>>100469382
Did it really leave that kind of mark?

That stuff wasn't as prominent until Haruhi?
>>
>>100469420
Ah. Another newfag.
>>
>>100469382
VIRAL MARKETING
>Look at this cute moeblob we made ! You want her to wish you a good night in our exclusive Voice Drama CDs don't you ? How about a figurine ? And a book about the funny antics she does in her high school club ? There you go a special novel that goes only with the DVDs !
>A poster with the boxset ? That's so 90s. Here you go 2 tickets for our exclusive concert with the VAs screeching over autotune ! Just for you !

Capitalism Ho !
>>
>>100469431
>Bake has those things but it's outweighed
It's not it has ecchi in very good quantities in every episode.
When will you bakedrones admit you like tits and ass and just watch other ecchi series ? They might have less "smart" dialogs - most of which you don't get anyway because it's badly translated - and you'll have more than one show to fap to.
>>
>>100469463
Get fucking back to /v/. And why do you put spaces before your "?" and "!"? Are you a frenchfag?
>>
>>100469510
Oh, stop trying so hard. You know as well as I that anyone looking for what harems typically offer would lose interest within the first three episodes of Bake, it'd be too boring.

And please don't try to convince me I'm wrong here, I've made first hand efforts to convince typical harem lovers to watch Bake, and even shown it to them. No one was interested because it wasn't fanservicy enough. You're wrong, I'm sorry.
>>
>>100469457
Nope.
That anime simply sucks
There are a lot of better anime. That fucking show is full of shit.
Isn't interesting
Chara sucks. (that fucking Harui. I hate it, i would crush her head with a bulldozer)
That fucking trama... No sense->No sense->Muh timetravel->Muh aliens.>no sense->no sense->Wait, harui is a goddess, so no sense isn't no sense
>>
>>100469610
>You know as well as I that anyone looking for what harems typically offer would lose interest within the first three episodes of Bake, it'd be too boring.
Not him, but that's quite dumb. In which episode did crab go to take that shower?

>No one was interested because it wasn't fanservicy enough.
Now you're just making shit up, seriously.
>>
>>100469610
>because it wasn't fanservicy enough
It has enough fanservice. And more explicit than a lot of generic harems and ecchi series, a fully nude female in most of those is not something you would expect to see. And it has happened in Bakemono at least three times.

You should really stop kidding yourself about what exactly it is you're watching.
>>
>>100469683
>Not him, but that's quite dumb. In which episode did crab go to take that shower?
About a minute of casual fanservice out of an entire episode of continuous dialogue doesn't hold up. Please note, I never said it DOESN'T have fanservice, or that it doesn't have a decent amount. It's just drowned out by dialogue and in comparison to a typical harem where you have tits thrown at the screen every few minutes, it's not enough for most. And again, Nise is the exception, but that's a whole season in.
>Now you're just making shit up, seriously.
Believe what you want to. You won't sway me from what I know first hand.
>>
>>100469758
>And more explicit than a lot of generic harems and ecchi series, a fully nude female in most of those is not something you would expect to see
Okay, now I know you don't know what you're talking about. Go get clued up about harem and fanservice anime before making these arguments, for crying out loud.
>>
>>100469641
Yeah, you're a newfag. Only newfags criticize pointless element of the show while ignoring its redeeming qualities. Haruhi was a revolution in 2006, because it introduced new tropes. The way it used these tropes was fucking innovative, its quirky and likeable characters gave the show its charm. The story was well-thought and original, the way they interacted was just awesome, and Kyon's narration probably helped. The visuals were stunning for 2006(notice the remarkable use of CGs in the episode where Nagato fights Asakura), the realisation was top-tier(remember the moment Kyon kissed Haruhi is The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya VI?), and overall, it was refreshing, and that's why many people like it.
>>
>>100469786
>Snake
>Snail
>Cat
All those hat some fanservice as well. The only I don't remember getting any, was Shinobu. But she gets that in later seasons, from what I know. In any case, the fanservice may not be thrown that often, but it's still quite often and it's very explicit. i can admit that not everyone watches the Monogatari series for the fanservice and, maybe, the harem, but I'm sure as hell that a good portion of the fans, if not most, watch it for the said reason. Since both the plot, the main character and the wordplay are boring, at best. The only interesting character in the series was Oshino and even he, from what I know, doesn't show up in any latter seasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (55.33 KB, 500x446)
55.33 KB
55.33 KB JPG
>>100469641
How about lurking moar?
>>
>>100469884
Yeah, that gave some improvement in technical area. But the remaining is completly shit, and you can't deny it

Also it gave birth to one of the biggest problem of all the times: Harui fanbase
>>
>>100469841
>I-i-it has fanservice but harems have 1 minute more fanservice per episode !
Yeaaaaaah, unfortunataly for you I actually have bekeshit on hand and you're simply wrong. There's more than one fanservice scene in most bake episodes.

Again. Get a reality check.
Take your Xanax.
Take a deep breath.

You're watching echishit.
With a bit of talking on top. OK.
>>
>>100469941
>the fanservice may not be thrown that often, but it's still quite often
I agree with you that Bake is an entry point to the harem genre but you might want to try not to contradict yourself in the same sentence bud.
>>
>>100469510
I hate harem shows, but Monogatari is one of my favorites.
>>
>>100469985
What's "the remaining"? I'd fucking like to hear it. Also, stop criticizing pointless elements of the anime.
>>
>>100469941
>the fanservice may not be thrown that often, but it's still quite often and it's very explicit
As far as typical supernatural anime go? Sure.
As far as typical harem and fanservice-centric anime go? Hahaha, oh god no.
>I'm sure as hell that a good portion of the fans, if not most, watch it for the said reason. Since both the plot, the main character and the wordplay are boring, at best.
Contrary to what you may believe, your subjective opinion on it doesn't dictate the reason anyone else would watch it.
>>
File: 1389274306860.jpg (745.69 KB, 716x1011)
745.69 KB
745.69 KB JPG
Ohh jeepers I have no idea.
>>
>>100469985
Oh fuck off. All fanbases are shit and the more popular a show is, the worse a fanbase it usually has. Acting like Haruhi is somehow special in that regard is just wrong and petty.
>>
>>100470093
>I have no idea.
Based on the image I'd have to agree, you have no idea.
>>
>>100469985
Go back to where you came from.
>>
>>100470013
Of course I'm watching ecchishit, you blithering imbecile. My point is you clearly haven't, which is why you somehow believe that Bake is anything other than paltry as far as fanservice goes. Get a grip, for goodness sake.
>>
>>100470036
Point taken. I need my morning mug, sorry.

>>100470088
>As far as typical harem and fanservice-centric anime go?
Well, it's not Qwaser, but I think there's quite a lot of it going on. I know that most harem shows do show fanservice, but there are some, that go good with minimal amounts. For example, Toradora!
>your subjective opinion on it doesn't dictate the reason anyone else would watch it.
In which case it goes to both of us. Since neither one of us can go to each and every fan of the series and ask them for what they watch the said show.
>>
>newfags
>>
>>100470302
>Toradora!
That's a love triangle, not a harem. Not to split hairs, but still.
>In which case it goes to both of us. Since neither one of us can go to each and every fan of the series and ask them for what they watch the said show.
Fair enough. Though in my personal experience, it's fucking hard to convince typical harem/fanservice fans to watch it.
>>
>>100470464
>That's a love triangle
But all three, Ami, Minori and Taiga, fall in love with Ryuuji, it's just that Taiga takes the longest to realize it.
>it's fucking hard to convince typical harem/fanservice fans to watch it.
That's why I think it's an entrypoint to harem or ecchi, nowadays. It maybe hard for someone who has seen a lot, but it will be really good for someon who hasn't seen much.
>>
>>100470658
>But all three, Ami, Minori and Taiga, fall in love with Ryuuji, it's just that Taiga takes the longest to realize it.
I never got the impression that Ami had a particularly strong romantic attachment to him, plus Kitamura was always an article among the love interests, hence a love triangle of sorts. Or maybe a love pentagon.
>That's why I think it's an entrypoint to harem or ecchi, nowadays. It maybe hard for someone who has seen a lot, but it will be really good for someon who hasn't seen much.
Well my point is that the people I know who like harem/fanservice won't give the time of day, whilst the people I know who like Bake steer clear of harem/fanservice-centric shows like the plague. I'm not saying the two are entirely mutually exclusive, but there isn't much evidence of crossing over.
>>
Just you guys wait, Rebuild of Evangelion 4.0's gonna blow everyone out of the water and extend The Master's influence over the 2010s, I just know it.

That's sarcasm fyi
>>
>>100470302
>>100470464
>>100470658
>>100470843
Toradora was more of a romcom than anything else, it didn't really have enough of the typical elements to make part of the actual harem genre. I don't think it's even marked as harem. It's certainly not on wikipedia, for what that's worth.
And not that TVtropes is factual or anything, but:
>Supporting Harem: As it is suggested by the title, this is more of a romantic comedy with two extra girls than a Harem Anime.
>>
Azumanga Daioh are and Love Hina are huge steps above everything else from the 2000s in terms of anime influence.

Hurahi? this has to be a joke right
>>
>>100471974
>Hurahi
If you're gonna do it wrong, do it right.
>Whorahi?
>>
>>100471974
Just read the fucking thread. It has been discussed.
>>
>>100467633
> Evangelion with more share than most of the anime airing today or last decade
>>
File: 1387425423751.jpg (419.42 KB, 2560x1440)
419.42 KB
419.42 KB JPG
Haruhi is a masterpiece, with well-written characters, original plot, good realisation and, overall, good writing.
Cry, haterfags.
>>
>>100465712
Oh my, I apologize, I forgot that depth in characters plot and the like is something bad, now I you don't mind me I will redeem my error by posting something worthy of this community.
>Why is mio so perfect, /a/?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (180.44 KB, 829x1000)
180.44 KB
180.44 KB JPG
>>100473208
Mio? You mean her?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154.07 KB, 721x1000)
154.07 KB
154.07 KB JPG
>>100473271
Ah. I have that CG set too.
>>
>>100473208
Idiot. How was Monster (anime) influential? What did it influence?
>>
>>100473271
>>100473298
More?
>>
File: image.jpg (164.59 KB, 624x900)
164.59 KB
164.59 KB JPG
>>100473310
>>
>>100473343
And here I thought Mio was the only one.
This is getting interesting.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (147.92 KB, 690x800)
147.92 KB
147.92 KB JPG
>>100473343
Woops, forgot the spoiler.
>>
File: 1374443349807.png (745.22 KB, 855x1008)
745.22 KB
745.22 KB PNG
>>100473010
Pleb detected.
>>
>>100465197

Madoka.

And 1990s should be Sailor Moon.
>>
>>100466576
Naruto, one piss, gantz, bleach; all of the mangakas of those horrid vomit inducing craps claimed "OMG TORIYAMA SESUI AI ROVE U SUM MOOCH PREASE RAEP MAI ASS" at some point; it was influential, but not in a good way.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (172.90 KB, 800x646)
172.90 KB
172.90 KB JPG
>>100473381
And that's about that for the strangulation scenes. Too bad there's no Ritsu/Azusa.
>>
>>100467701
Me Anon, me...
>>
Thank God that mecha garbage era is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (29.43 KB, 400x225)
29.43 KB
29.43 KB JPG
>>100473396
You're the pleb.
>>
>>100465800
Season 1 already influenced Space Dandy
>>
>>100473425
>No Jun butt
I am disappointed.
Anyways, thanks, anon.

>Too bad there's no Ritsu/Azusa.
Truly, I am sad. Also Ui is missing.
>>
>>100468340
How the fuck do you watch anything with a shitty mentality like that
>>
It hurts to say this but from what I've seen so far the most influential anime of the decade would have to be OreImo.
Since it's first season, LN's like it are being mass produced and being turned into anime almost instantaneously.
We get at least one show like it per season.
>>
>>100473417
so it doesn't count if you don't like it?

DB(Z) laid down the foundation of nearly every shounen that followed. Even things like HxH that try to deconstruct DBs formular, since nothing in that genre will ever be read and not be compared to DB.
>>
>>100473302
Demonstrating to the audience how fucking serious an anime can be, touching subjects as complex as politics, warfare, ethics and the human pyche itself; did an influence on japanese readers.Shit can only be compared to logh anime-wise. Now if you're asking me if it did something in the more mainstream media, then no, it's the reason why anime is drowning in a shithole.
>>
>>100473762
>We get at least one show like it per season.
Example pls.
>>
File: 1390036774388.jpg (285.28 KB, 681x1440)
285.28 KB
285.28 KB JPG
>>
>>100473836

I have to agree with him anon.
Monster was not an influential anime.
All those points you made have been done before the show and after it aired there wasn't a sudden influx of shows that wanted to be like Monster.
>>
>>100473959
Nope. Not yet.
>>
Just because a show is popular does not make it influential.
I'm talking to all you people saying Madoka.
What other shows since it aired exactly 3 years ago has it influenced?
>>
>>100469378
Why though? The American anime industry is small. It doesn't matter as much as France's.

And even if we don't take into account the waves Mazinger made abroad, chogokins are still very popular to this day.

Mazinger made merchandise driven anime a thing.
>>
File: ideon.jpg (49.80 KB, 640x480)
49.80 KB
49.80 KB JPG
>>100466562
Because is hard to imitate Ideon /a/ pls.
>>
>>100473904

Boku wa Tomodachi
Yahari
I don't like my brother at all!

That's just to name a few. I can add more if I think about it for a bit.
>>
>>100474110
Actually popular shows are influential. Name 1 thing in this world that is extremely popular that is not influential in its respective field

you can't, because that's contradictory.
>>
>>100465598
It popularized the deconstruction of magical girl genre.
>>
>>100465997
>dragonball invented friendship and searching for things
>>
>>100474456
>implying those didn't spurt from Haruhi's provoked LN boom
>>
>>100474592
Which can be seen in what shows?
>>
File: image.jpg (40.08 KB, 400x396)
40.08 KB
40.08 KB JPG
>>100474636
Uh. He said "popularizing(not introducing".
>>
>>100474667
Vividred
>>
>>100465197
Wait, is it 2010-2019 or 2011-2020
>>
>>100474764
Oh my bad. I completely forgot that people hated the fuck out of friendship before Dragonball.
>>
So from reading this thread.
Haruhi is moeshit?
Wouldnt tons of anime be moeshit if it has attractive and cute girls?
>>
>>100475406
Haruhi is haremshit. Keyshit is moeshit.
>>
>>100468927
Heh
>>
>>100465639
just watch the show
it's entirety is reaction images
>>
>>100475546
Haruhi didnt start any haremshit.
It was there all the while. Haruhi popularize LN trash. You can blame Haruhi for trash like SAO, IS, color wars, oreimo and etc. 99% of LN trash are just haremshit.
>>
>>100476002
I wish it wasn't true though.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.