[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: image.jpg (203.36 KB, 681x982)
203.36 KB
203.36 KB JPG
Most influencial anime of their era.
>>
SnK for '10s? Or Madoka?
>>
I'm gona have to agree. I remember seeing Haruhi everywhere back when I didn't even watch anime.
>>
And they say anime is not getting better.
>>
>>100310304
SnK.

Madoka didn't influence shit.
>>
I love the 2000s and the 10s.
>>
>>100310363

SnK influenced a generation of shit tastes.
>>
To be honest, anime decades work better starting on the 5s, 65-75, 75-85, 85-95, 95-05, 05-15
>>
>>100310363
yeah, unfortunately

but I still have faith
>>
File: 1365487041283.jpg (8.03 KB, 256x256)
8.03 KB
8.03 KB JPG
GODDAMMIT HARUHI
WE HAD A GOOD MECHA THING GOING THERE AND YOU HAD TO BREAK THE COMBO
>>
>>100310363
Madoka did influence more than SnK.
>>
>>100310304
Madoka and SnK had a lot of success, but they didn't change anime. They haven't introduced new tropes, and been done and redone unlike Mazinger, Gundam, Evangelion or Haruhi.
>>
>>100310304
I think it might be a bit too early to decide that?
>>
>>100310406
Pretty much this
>>
File: 1388312040263.jpg (61.69 KB, 1280x720)
61.69 KB
61.69 KB JPG
>>100310304
>>
>>100310238
I......can't fucking argue that. At all.
>>
>>100310435
No, Madoka made more money.
SnK influenced more, there's a difference.

For everyone saying that Madoka will do the same thing Eva did, it fucking did jack damn shit.

There's a reason why all those faggots jumped the damn bangwaggon when Gen'ei came out.

Grimdark mahojo?
Madoka obviously influenced!!!!!!

Madoka honestly did jack shit other than win awards and get praise.
>>
>>100310435
I love madoka but I can't see how
>>
>>100310435
I don't think either have influenced the industry in any significant way so far.
>>
>>100310363
...and SnK did?
Has SnK even been out for a year yet?
>>
What has SnK influenced?
>>
>>100310550
What has SnK done?
>>
10s: Oreimo
>>
Neither have influenced or have had a chance to influence the industry
Fucking Monogatari has had more of an influence.
>>
>>100310550
Woah, slow your roll, bro. You're so upset, and I can understand why. Having shit taste and being wrong, and upset over your favorite anime is okay. But you need to calm down and make coherent sentences, and not excessively curse like some buffoon. "Jack damn shit"? Are we like 4 years old?
>>
>>100310611
Nothing which is the point.
The three year leeway that Madoka has over SnK is completely empty.
>>
File: 1385599026175.jpg (1.52 MB, 1714x1252)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
Posting most influential manga.
>>
Guys. The 10s won't have any most influential anime at all. New anime just reuse tropes introduced by older anime. We'll never see anything original enough to be called a revolution again. It's hopeless.
>>
>>100310582
Agreed
Not much has change after snk and madoka were released.
>>
>>100310304
Nichijou.
>>
>>100310238
>Not Hokuto no Ken
It started shonens
>>
I'm going to learn Japanese, study animation, go to Japan and create the next ground-breaking anime. Just wait and see, faggots.
>>
>>100310701
That's not Hokuto no Ken.
>>
>>100310642
>you mad bro
>you got shit taste
>cool down bro
>you underage m8?
Just fuck off and give me some arguments.

>>100310620
Probably this.
Honestly, 2010 didn't really have 'that' anime like in the previous generations.
>>
>>100310704
>Implying Aku no Hana wasn't the Diamon in the Rough that will start it all
>>
>>100310740
>>100310756
Neat.
>>
>>100310785
Kenshiromind
>>
>>100310701
Dude. JoJo is infuenced from HnK.
>>100310740
That was a manga. This is for anime.
>>
>>100310701
Do Jojofags really believe that it is the most influential manga of all time?
>>
>>100310704
Jinrui is original. A lot of shows of the 10s are original, you guys are just nostalgiafags
>>
>>100310743
you can be the next Winding Refn of anime
>>
>>100310812
I only managed to watch 5 episodes.
Wasn't for me.
Apparently the rest get worse so I just dropped it.
>>
>>100310803
It had an anime
>>100310804
no they dont, only this fag
>>
>>100310774
>implying it had enough success to be considered profit-making unlike those on OP's picture
>>
>>100310304
Neither. We still have over half of the 10s to go.
>>
>Mechas
>Mechas
>Bio Mechas
>Mary Sue bitch

What
>>
>>100310701
Most influential manga is either Hokuto no Ken or Dragon Ball.
There's not much wriggle room on that one.
>>
>>100310411
This
Why are the first three mecha? Not that I dislike that, I actually love the first three in OP's post.
>>
>>100310238
Why is the 80s anime a show that aired in the 70s?
>>
File: 1380932829166.png (257.50 KB, 694x600)
257.50 KB
257.50 KB PNG
Objectively best anime of their era
1970's: Space Battleship Yamato
1980's: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
1990's: Serial Experiments Lain
2000's: Despera (it'll eventually come)

This list is my opinion and therefore an objective fact not up for debate. I'm right, you're wrong.
>>
>>100310304

>SnK
>2010

ur fkn retarded m8
>>
>>100310899
How will it air in the 2000's if that decades over.
>>
>Haruhi

This is what /a/ actually believes
>>
>>100310899
>Space Battleship Yamato
I'd place Galaxy Express 999 because I loved it more but anything Leiji is fine.
The rest seems fine.
>>
>>100310899

How can I be wrong when it is your opinion?
>>
File: 1355756702737.jpg (10.73 KB, 251x231)
10.73 KB
10.73 KB JPG
>>100310937
>How will it air in the 2000's if that decades over.
What the fuck have I've been doing with my life.
>>
Kill la Kill for 2010's.

Nothing more needs to be said.
>>
>>100310898
It ended in January of 1980, so it sort of counts.
>>
File: 1389650218154.gif (923.18 KB, 245x200)
923.18 KB
923.18 KB GIF
>>100310612
>>
>3 mecha shits and one generic Kyoani moe SoL
>>
>>100310899
Anon, the 2000's ended 5 years ago.
>>
>>100310899
>Despera

I want to believe
>>
narto the movie
>>
>Haruhi 2000

Both SnK and Madoka did more to industry than this overrated average show.
>>
>>100310998
You mean LWA.

If companies start using Kickstarter, we got LWA to praise for it and /a/ gets to gloat about it.
>>
>>100310990
Anon, have you been in your room for half a decade?
>>
>>100310947
But..it was?
>>100310998
A Go Nagai amalgamation and ripoff won't influence shit.
Sorry, anon.
>>
>>100310947
Haruhi is not the best anime of the 2000s, of course, but it is still the most influential. It has been done and redone as any of the other three, and the tropes it introduced are still being used today. Not even haters can argue that.
>>
>>100311033
Do you understand how decades work?
>>
>>100310947
It is true. Nothing made in the 2000s has had more of an impact on the industry as Haruhi, which kicked off the LN adaptation craze we're still feeling the effects of.
>>
>implying objective opinions
>implying this is not thinly veiled "post the anime you like" thread
>implying this is not shitposting
>implying I don't enjoy watching how shitposting occurs from the sidelines
Entertain me.
>>
>>100311033
>2000
>>
No DBZ on 80's (1989) or One Piece on 90's. Do you even know what influencial means? It's not the anime you like the most...
>>
>>100311033
SnK and Madoka are 2010 you faggot.
But Haruhi influenced more than them, popularizing the slice of life comedy rules.
>>
>>100311033
Anon, I think you have brain problems
>>
Monogatari is the most influencial anime of 10's. SnK made a lot of success, but actually is not that influent. Just a good anime. Madoka follow the same way.
>>
>Not Sailor Moon
>Not HnK
list confirmed for shit
>>
>>100311068
which ones?
>>
You guys knows what's the most influencing thing in the 10's so far?
Sword Art Online.
Yeah, it didn't make more money than Madoka, but after it came out, several LN's had been coming out with the same thematic.
Don't get me wrong, I hate it but I have to admit it.
>>
>>100311033
>Both SnK and Madoka did more to industry than this overrated average show
Such as?

The only thing Madoka did was create a more fucking annoying fanbase and Haruhi honestly might even beat it compared to all the faggots I saw years past dressed as Haruhi or doing the fucking dance and shit.

Has SnK or Madoka made people dance like retard? I don't think so.
>>
>>100311049
Kick Heart did it first.
>>
>>100310582
This, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>100311033
>>100311068
We're talking about the most influential anime, not the best, you retard,
>>
Okay here's a question:
What upcoming or airing anime of this year has the potential to influence,change or challenge the anime industry ?
>>
>>100310769
>Honestly, 2010 didn't really have 'that' anime like in the previous generations.
The 00s also didn't have "that" anime since it was a significantly larger clusterfuck than the 90s. Compared to what Gundam and Eva did for what followed after it, Haruhi's influence is an inaudible echo.
>>
>>100310899
>Space Battleship Yamato
Really that shit is so good?
>>
File: 1363052300213.gif (344.27 KB, 500x380)
344.27 KB
344.27 KB GIF
>>100311020
>>100311056
I lost control of my life.
>>
>>100311134
>caring about fanbases
>>
Honestly, Sailor Moon was more influential than Evangelion.
>>
>>100311108
/v/ please

please don't talk about things you don't know about
>>
Ok, anons. Fill this in:

Most Influential
65-75:
75-85:
85-95:
95-05:
05:15:
>>
>>100310238
More like Space Battleship Yamato, SDF Macross, Gundam 0079, Evangelion and Haruhi.
>>
>>100311149
Shhh, let the delusion that /a/ influenced japan flow its course, it's obvious that LWA did it better since Trigger is more important.

>>100311167
Sailor Moon because I just want it again damn it.
>>
>>100311033
Even if this was 2009, Haruhi solidified the whole utilization of LNs as the primary source of anime adaptations.
>>
>>100311185
This, Sailor Moon basicly started a genre
>>
Fuck Haruhi

I loved my mecha

Stupid mary sue piece of shit
>>
>>100311108
Those are MANGA
And One Piece isn't even over.
And Dragon Ball was far more influential.
>>
TTGL in 2000 with no doubt. Ok, Haruhi was a great work, but TTGL was influent ALL AROUND THE WORLD.
>>
These conversations never work because most people are incapable of separating their personal opinions from actual facts. They can't possibly accept that a show they don't like may have had more influence than one they did, so it's just stupid fanbase wars.
>>
File: 1381721759822.png (616.25 KB, 1371x1080)
616.25 KB
616.25 KB PNG
>>100311176
Well, there ARE tons of Haruhi ripoffs these days.
>>
What did Haruhi get the spot for most influential anime of 200?
>>
>>100311115
this is probably true

snk and madoka are pretty much evangelion 2.0
>>
File: haruhiism.jpg (36.53 KB, 500x400)
36.53 KB
36.53 KB JPG
Life was never the same again
>>
>>100311243
TTGL was a fucking Getter Robo ripoff and inferior to shit Gainax made years ago.
Do you see anyone making any stuff like TTGL now?
No. Because it's shit.
>>
>>100310238
>haruhi

HAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>100311108
>Do you even know what influencial means?
Do you?
>>
>>100311249
>Grimdark Magical Girl
>Haruhi ripoff
gee
>>
>>100311224
what was the show I was watching back then then? Manga pages?
>>
>>100311186
>missing the point

>>100311272
The good ol' days.
Meh, ah well.
>>
>>100311167
We can never predict it. Im sure no one looked at the preview for Haruhi and thought it would change the face of anime.

Why was it a big deal again? I lost sight of that in a world shaped by it.
>>
Sure Evangelion did a lot but to me it seems pretty obvious that either Dragonball or Z was the most influential during the 90's.
>>
>>100310304
SnK isn't influential in the slightest
>>
>>100311223
>mary sue
>Haruhi
You serious ?
>>
You guys are fucking retards, if you state that something is more INFLUENTIAL just state how it changed the industry and other anime related to that, jesus.

btw, is there any good book/blogs about this? or just some kind of source in history of anime in general, seems there's no stuff to read about this
>>
>>100311224
>DragonBall
It's HnK but watered down and more powerlevel bullshit.

Just because it got big in America doesn't mean it was influential.
>>
>>100311320
On what exactly?
>>
>>100310740
Gundam was far more influential.
>>
>>100311223
I don't really see how Haruhi is a Mary Sue. Most people think she's weird, unnapproachable, and Kon's wanted to knock her lights out more than once.
>>
>>100311249
There was one last winter, forgot the name.
Starts with an S and I'm too lazy and don't give a fuck to remember.
Sasami maybe but I'm not sure.
>>
>>100311224
One Piece might not be over but its decade is...
>>
>>100311243
TTGL changed absolutely nothing. It had its success. Great.
>>
2000 should be Haruhi and Lucky Star.
>>
File: 1388965467123.jpg (37.73 KB, 640x480)
37.73 KB
37.73 KB JPG
>>100311320
>>
>>100311320
Explain how Dragonball Z was more influential.
>>
>Haruhi

What about Azumanga
>>
>>100311167

hahahaha, are you stuck in the '90s coming up with this kind of question?
>>
>>100311369
Sasami wasn't really a Haruhi ripoff.
>>
>>100311344
google knows
>>
>>100311376
Lucky Star didn't change shit. Shows just like it came out all over the place far before it.
>>
>>100311360
>Gundam
>More influential than HnK,
dream on faggot
>>
File: kyon kill.gif (210.29 KB, 400x225)
210.29 KB
210.29 KB GIF
Haruhi brought us the best male character of the 00's
>>
>2000

What the fuck happened?

Seriously
>>
>>100311373
TTGL gave new light in the mecha genre.
Though the light didn't really go far.
>>
>>100311221
? there was no magical girl genre before?
>>
>>100311369
Yeah, something like "no haruhi in my classroom", isn't it ? It was more of a parody than a ripoff though.
>>
>>100310238
don't really care
>>
>>100311344
Why don't you just read the fucking thread it has been stated many times you clusterfuck
>>
>>100311134
>Has SnK or Madoka made people dance like retard?

Shit nigga, I bring news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MegqhpFwjEk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddkb38tR0kU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsq4z5jbHc
>>
>>100311214
65-75: Maya the Bee/Tekkaman/Casshan/Gathchaman/whatever - opinions, man
75-85: LOGH/Gundam/Yamato - lots of opinions, mate
85-95: opinions
95-05: more opinions
05:15: holy fuckingshit, how dumb can one be? FUCKING OPINIONS
>>
>>100311302
Yes. Pretty much.
>>100311358
Dragon Ball had a pretty big influence on the Big 3 WSJ Shonen. All the creators said that. And multiple other authors.
>>
>>100311363
The shonen genera. One Piece exists because of Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>100311409
Not a ripoff but you could clearly see it took some notes from Haruhi.
>>
I think Evangelion is still a very influencial anime nowadays. Gundam to..
>>
>>100311221
So did lots of series. Eva almost single-handedly created the modern anime industry as we know it.
>>
>>100311427
LNs
>>
>>100311110
I don't point to any decade.
>>100311134
>>100311155
Haruhi is just overrated by gaijins, it doesn't mean it is influenced industry in Japan. Sales was average and no more anime adaptation from kyoanus just provs it.
>>
>>100311431
The light TTGL gave was very old.
It brought nothing new to the table.
>>
>DBZ invents Shonen
>Not important
>>
>>100311484
You mean because of Dragon Ball.
And it was Hokuto no Ken that pioneered the Fightan Shonen...
>>
>>100311484
DBZ exists because of HnK
>>
>>100311464
Welp, then it's official, SnK is the most influential anime of 10'
>>
>>100311484
And DBZ exists because of HnK.
>>
>>100311503
MSG was hard to watch for me, it suffers badly from "Seinfeld Isn't Funny" syndrome.
>>
>>100311484
>The shonen genera
Not a genre.
>One Piece exists because of Dragon Ball Z
Because of the manga.
0/10 See me after class.
>>
Reminder LNs are cancer
>>
>>100311539
It brought light but no meat.
Ah well.
>>
>>100311478
I don't understand how someone can think LoGH was influential.
>>
K-ON! is 10's
I know it came out in 2009 but it influences on 10's shows.
>>
>>100311535
Are there any limits to your retardness ?
Disappearance sold 100 000 in the first week. 10 000 is considered to be awesome.
S1 and 2 sold around 100 000 too I think.
And the show deserves it, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>100311320
Dragon Ball and Z are from the 80's.
>>
>>100311602
And reminder that it's all thanks to Haruhi that it's the norm.
>>
File: 1234.png (14.78 KB, 570x533)
14.78 KB
14.78 KB PNG
>>100311484
/v/ please

please stop
>>
File: coffee.png (402.55 KB, 612x382)
402.55 KB
402.55 KB PNG
>ITT: X didn't have an impact on anime because I hate it!

Does /a/ even know the difference between fact and opinion?
>>
Monogatari is the most original show on the 10's.
>>
>>100311540
Funny way of spelling HnK.
>>
>>100311561

it's not because we are talking about influence on new series

not about influence on fucking retards dancing like retards
>>
>>100311221
Sailor Moon didn't invent the genre, but it sure as hell popularized it and left a billion and one magical girl anime in its wake.

>>100311249
In what sense? A cast of a bitch, the "cute" one, a stoic, the quirky one, and the straight man is as old as time itself. You can't just air the episodes out of order and make the impulsive bitch a God and say MOST INFLUENTIAL ANIME OF 00s. That's even more shallow than saying that Madoka was a groundbreaking game-changer due to inversing magical girl anime cliches.

How many honest-to-God new ideas did Haruhi have that people xerox, be it in terms of art style, characters, story, or narrative?
>>
Pokemon did not influence anything in my opinion as well. You guys are right.
>>
>>100311535
>>>100311090
>>>100311068
>>
Most Influential:
75-85: Gundam
85-95: Dragon Ball
95-05: Eva
05-15: Haruhi
>>
>>100311647
It's an adaptation.
But I don't really disagree I think it's more influential then SnK or Madoka.
>>
>>100311639
Haruhi was actually a good LN, with interesting dialogues, characters, situations.
The LN that followed were cheap rip-offs trying to sell, using otaku appealing shit. How is it Haruhi's fault ?
>>
>>100311646
Are you talking about the retards saying Madoka, SnK, and DBZ were influential?

Because they're are either hilariously misinformed, dumbasses, or just saying it to get reactions.
>>
Why would SnK even be part of this conversation? What would it possibly influence, even theoretically?
>>
>>100311602
They do only make up about 20% most seasons though.
>>
>>100311535
It did influence the industry, it popularized LN adaptations.
Sales aren't the point, popularity isn't the point, quality isn't the point.
It changed the industry more than anything else that aired in the 2000s.
>>
>>100311675
I can't really disagree with this.
Even though it kind of nudges HnK out.
>>
>>100311630
wut
Haruhi S1 sold 40k BDs average.
S2 was huge flop after S1.
Dissapearence did like 3 times worse than new madoka movie.
>>
>>100310435
Madoka hasn't had much influence. Maybe there's been an increase in yuri.
>>
>>100311176
I'll argue that Haruhi is the most influential series of the 00s because I think it opened the door for the mass of LN adaptations. I'll need to check pre-2006 seasonal charts again, though.
>>
How the fuck can you guys even SAY Madoka and SnK are industry changers yet?
They haven't even had time to blossom. Especially SnK.
>>
>>100311639
I'm pretty sure Boogiepop Phantom was the first LN adaptation, and it was actually good.
>>
>>100311665
It popularized school SoL / Comedy.
It's kind of original itself, too (the universe has a lot of potential)
>>
>>100311721
Haruhi paved the way for other studios to start churning out their own anime based on LN which now comprises a very large portion of the anime released.

Regardless of whether Haruhi was good or shit, it is the source of where it all started and nothing similar has happened since, no anime in the 00s has compared to the effects of any before.
>>
>>100311624
The whole 75-85 was space and sci-fi era. I just named random anime that were fitting.
I bet none of the people here actually watched Macross when it first aired, did they? I'm getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>100311724
Yes.

But the DBZ one has some truth to it. Doesn't mean HnK is being pushed away either.

SnK and Madoka are the ones that haven't done jack shit so far.
>>
>>100311272
Demotivators are starting to get nostalgic for me.
>>
>>100311823
SnK is the new naruto, so believe it.
Madoka influenced shit because people overpraised it and everyone realized it was nothing but a good story.
>>
>>100311689
SnK is an adaption too, but the anime made more success then the manga. Shaft adaptions are someway different from their original work.
>>
>>100311647
Didn't Bakemonogatari air in '09? Or are the years starting to merge for me?
>>
>>100311781
The first novel of the series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was awarded the Grand Prize in the eighth annual Sneaker Awards—only the third Grand Prize given out in the Award's history. The series has become a huge success for light novels in Japan, selling over 4,300,000 copies in September 2007 [47] and surpassed 8,000,000 copies when the tenth and eleventh volumes were released in May 2011 after the limited editions set a record 513,000 first pressing for light novels. The total sales for all versions of the light novels and manga volumes internationally has reached 16.5 million copies printed.[48]
In December 2006 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime adaptation was the most popular anime series in Japan at that time according to Newtype USA magazine.[49] The first two volumes had sold 70,000 and 90,000 units respectively as of August 2006.[50] It was also fifth in IGN's "Top Ten Anime of 2007" feature.[51] A 2006 online poll of Japan's top 100 favorite animated television series of all time, conducted by TV Asahi, placed the series in fourth place.[52] By the end of 2007 the seventh installment of the series sold 45,000 units.[53] The anime adaptation won the Animation Kobe Award for TV Feature in 2006.[54] At the Sixth Annual Tokyo Anime Awards, the series won the category "Best TV Anime Series" and Aya Hirano won the "Voice Acting Award."[55][56] Its spin-offs, The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyorōn Churuya-san, won the Network award at the 14th Animation Kobe Awards.[57]
>>
>>100311836
Again, it's not that it was the first, it solidified it as a concept.
>>100311877
Why nudge out HnK when it was clearly more influential?
>>
SnK is just the new popular shonen.
>>
>>100311872
>watching Macross when it aired
How fucking old are you gramps?
>>
>>100311982
So was HnK.
>>
As i much as i hate Haruhi i can agree

However the fact that we are still trapped in the SoL/Comedy bugs me.
>>
>>100311869
Blame the laziness of japanese writer / animators then.
>>
>>100311823
Not to mention they haven't brought anything new to the table, Madoka was honestly just a typical Faustian plot with magical girls and SnK is just your average shounen.
>>
what did Eva influenced? serious question... I mean, I was born in the 80s, so I'm not sure how anime changed after Eva
>>
>>100311982
Yes but it's really popular, and different enough that I could see people copying it.
>>
>>100311996
Except it actually had a lasting impact, unlike SnK.
>>
File: tomino-hot-opinions.jpg (44.63 KB, 393x300)
44.63 KB
44.63 KB JPG
70s: Gundam 0079
89s: Zeta Gundam
90s: Gundam Wing
00s: Gundam SEED
10s: Gundam Unicorn
>>
>>100311846
>It popularized school SoL / Comedy.
Azumanga Daioh did that half a decade prior.
>>
>>100312011
Haruhi and Lucky Star broke the industry.
>>
File: k-on-pocky.jpg (1.29 MB, 1920x1200)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>100311376
Wait why haven't we said K-ON
That change the industry drastically.
Whether that's good or bad that up to debate.

Well I say that K-on,Haruhi,Lucky Star,Code Geass and Bakemonogatari has influence the industry for the era 2000-2010 in my opinion.
>>
>>100312026
watch a pre-eva mecha, you'll pick up on differences pretty quick.
>>
File: Megami050316 - Air.jpg (611 KB, 1800x1263)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>100310238

"Haruhi" isn't even the most influential Kyoto anime of the 2000s. That would be "Air" in 2005. Their first adaptation of a Key title, it proved that high-budget, high-production-value adaptations of moe and bishoujo titles could be profitable.
>>
>>100311956
>Why nudge out HnK when it was clearly more influential?
I'm not.

I don't think it's a matter of weighing who's more influential than the other; they both are.

Point still stands that SnK and Madoka haven't made anything in anime budge as of late.
>>
>>100311996
But SnK isn't creating/reshaping the face of shonen as we know it. Let's give it a few more years to see what it does.
>>
>Haruji most influential
Yeah sure
>>
>>100312026
Geez dude, uh..
It made mecha popular again, for one. And the entire industry was pretty much revitalized by it.
The wave of psychological series like RahXephon and Lain are all Eva influenced.
>>
File: history of anime.jpg (203.46 KB, 1002x1011)
203.46 KB
203.46 KB JPG
>>100312057
Right?
>>
>>100312086

Pre-eva mecha was the same as eva though.
>>
>>100312112
UGUUU
>>
>>100310304
Let's be honest. The only reason more than half of today's generation likes anime now is because of Naruto.
>>
File: 1381721190030.png (603 KB, 741x963)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>100312052
Not that much.
>>100312057
>releasing good anime is breaking the industry
>>
>>100312086
thanks for nothing!
>>
>>100312026
Aside from effects on mecha, it solidified the idea of the late-night time slot for anime.

A few people even claim that the parody scene during the last episode created SoL, but that's just being ridiculous.
>>
>>100312026
Watch any mecha series before Eva. And hell, a few of GaoGaiGar's themes were made in response to what Eva did.
>>
File: 1389210110592.png (39.02 KB, 900x800)
39.02 KB
39.02 KB PNG
>>100312026
Think of the current anime you are watching, are they OVA or a late nigh series?
>>
>>100312141
>releasing good anime is breaking the industry
It's the other way around.
Realising anime that breaks the industry is good anime.

Case and point, Watchmen.
>>
>>100312136
You obviously haven't watched enough if you think that's true.
>>
>>100312084
What did K-On do that Haruhi and Lucky Star didn't do already?
>>
>>100312134
Popular again? I thought Gundam shit has always been popular, and there was suffering mecha before right?

maybe more popular psychological shows?
>>
>>100312026

Anime changed from OVAs to TV after the success of Eva.
>>
>>100312011
I don't think we are ever going to escape from this trap, by the time technology becomes cheap enough to produce action / scene porn animu without spending thousands of $$ people will be used to watching SoL. It might be for the best though, I don't want the anime industry to turn into cartoon hollywood
>>
>>100311931
SnK was just the flavor of the season thing, like Sword Art Online. If you just look at amount of idiots liking something, you could argue SAO was influencial too.
>>
I feel like Dragon Ball should be on the list.
>>
>>100312113
And I agree with you on that.

I'm just wondering what the next "revolution" is going to be now, I think everyone is jumping the gun for that.
>>
>>100312112
>>100312122
check out :
>>100311869
>>100311068
>>100311090
>>
>>100311954
Lets compare
Haruhi
(2010) Dissapearence - Disc Sales 134,910 - Box office 850m 
(2006) Series 1 - Disc Sales average - 42,525
(2009) Series 2 - Disc Sales average - 19,602

Madoka
(2012) Movies 1 & 2 - Disc sales - 105,236 - Box office 762m, 708m
(2013) Movie 3 - Disc sales - Unknown - Box office 2020m
(2011) Series - Disc sales average - 71,056 

Which looks better?
>>
>>100312138
Hear me out as a rational person throwing food for thought out, not an idiot trying to stir up shit. Did Naruto have influence influence the directions of other shows, or is it's draw for new viewers a separate issue?
>>
Hahahhaha.
Haruhi influnced to produce shitty low budget slice of life and comedy animation every season.
It is overrated by gaijins so much, but it was never popular in Japan like Eva or even Madoka (or even titans) now.
>>
>>100312198
Eva aired in 95.
>>
>>100311344
>btw, is there any good book/blogs about this?

/a/.
>>
Question, who popularized SoL/Comedy? Azumanga Daio?

also, CCS had any influence at all in the industry?
>>
>>100312172
>SOL with badass Shinji peeping on Asuka and Rei and playing basketball with Toji

10/10, would watch the fuck out of it.
>>
>>100312228
I know.
Though it a bit saddening that the new flavor of the season like SAO or SnK is more influential than Madoka.
And I think Madoka is overrated.
>>
>>100312206

How does that make any sense? I know what mecha was like before it BECAUSE I've watched enough of it.
>>
File: Karen9.jpg (63.52 KB, 1280x720)
63.52 KB
63.52 KB JPG
>>100310899
Those are some really pretentious tastes.
I hope you at least had fun watching those
>>
>>100312198
What the fuck happened in 2006?
>>
>>100312026
Some also claim that Eva is responsible for Akibahara going from an electronics district to an Otaku breeding ground.
>>
File: 1382565059560.gif (63.48 KB, 240x135)
63.48 KB
63.48 KB GIF
I don't think any anime in the 10s and afterwards will have any big influences on anime.

Face it, everything that has potential has already been done already. I haven't seen much creative shows since the 10s started; at least not anything that would most likely shoot to popularity like the ones in the OP. All there is now are shows using and reusing common tropes.
>>
File: 1376365519077.gif (87.08 KB, 209x172)
87.08 KB
87.08 KB GIF
When are we gonna get off the SoL/Comedy ride?

I am tired of it
>>
70's: Mazinger Z
80's: Dragon Ball
90's: Sailor Moon
00's: Azumanga Daioh
10's: ???
>>
>Haruhi
>influential
Seriously, it has changed absolutely nothing. It didn't create any new subgenres or influence a shitton of things to be considered relevant.
>>
>>100312289
Azumanga and Haruhi popularized that.
>>
>>100312248
We're talking about influence, not sales, you fucking retard.
>>
>>100312304
None of those are influential in the slightest.
>>
Shouldn't Urusei Yatsura or Dragonball be most influential for the 80s?
>>
>>100312332
The golden year of anime.
>>
>>100312332
Haruhi
>>
>>100311990
Thirty five. Got a wife and two daughters and whatever else you might think of. And, >inb4, I'm only frequenting /a/ because I enjoy watching shitposting occur.
To be fair, it wasn't Macross, but Robotech. Now that I think about it, holy fuck, did they butcher it. Anime is in decline the last 5-6 years - not as badly as you might think, but quite. And, no, that's not my nostalgia goggles.
>>
File: 119830611477.png (440.24 KB, 505x378)
440.24 KB
440.24 KB PNG
>>100312086
Read some mecha manga. You'll quickly see the similarities.

>>100312134
>It made mecha popular again, for one
No it didn't. Mecha was strong all throughout the 90s.

>>100312172
>Aside from effects on mecha
It had none, except for a couple copy-cat shows. It had even less copy-cats than Mazinger Z or Gundam, however.

>>100312195
>And hell, a few of GaoGaiGar's themes were made in response to what Eva did.
Stop regurgitating dumbshit wiki quotes that are completely fictitious.

ITT: Complete ignorance of mecha
>>
File: 1377450560949.png (94.16 KB, 300x297)
94.16 KB
94.16 KB PNG
>>100312270
Gaijins? Looks like we have a weeaboo on our hands.
>>
>>100312345
Go back in time and stop Haruhi from ever getting animated.
>>
>>100310890
Yeah, maybe if Tezuka didn't exist you would be right.
>>
>>100312332
Haruhi
>>
>>100312248
Both are huge. I guess we'll be able to compare it when we have Rebellion's sales.
>>
>>100312357
Can you not follow threads of discussion. People were comparing the sales of Madoka and Haruhi in that particular discussion.
>>
>>100312358
That's the point.
>>
>>100312248

>MUH sales

So by that logic Avatar is the greatest film of all time
>>
>>100312195

GaoGaiGar was part of a yearly franchise that started long before Eva and no one on the staff gave a fuck about it at all.
>>
>>100312345
Have you tried watching any of the myriad shows each season that are not SoL/comedy? That might help.
>>
>>100312261
So influence is measured on its impact on other shows? Not going to agree that most people watch anime because of Naruto, but if it did I would agree that it would have the most influence.
>>
>>100312138
I'm actually trying to wonder what the full details of the anime boom near the 2000s entailed.
>>
Azumanga Daioh started the whole SoL moe shitfest. It's way more influential than Haruhi.
>>
>>100312347
Actually, it influenced a fucking lot. Notice all the LN adaptations which skyrocketed right after it? Yeah. To this day people are still trying to emulate it and its success with watered down clones.
>>
>>100310363
>SnK
>Influential
For god-awful writing, maybe.
>>
>>100312437
Which logic is that? Nothing in my post implies anything about either being the better franchise based on sales. One of them has better sales than the other that is just an objective fact.
>>
>>100312298
>badass Shinji

I wish I had that image of Shinji with Ryoma's sideburns and smile right now.
>>
>>100312366
UY was very influential and would be a good choice for the 80s, but not so much DB.
>>
>>100312466
Name me 6 clones
>>
>>100312472
It influenced more than Madoka, which didn't do jack shit.
>>
File: 1378683222878.jpg (108.43 KB, 1024x576)
108.43 KB
108.43 KB JPG
>>100312342
Humanity's potential for generating creative content is virtually limitless. Don't treat a few years of lulls as the end of all time. The dark ages happened. The flow of creativity has recovered from worse setbacks.
>>
>>100312461
Yeah, but Haruhi popularized the ligh-novel harem adaptions, and lead to shows about cute girls doing cute things.
Even bad influence is influence.
>>
>>100312513
What exactly did it influence? I still have yet to hear this.
>>
>>100312466
This. And SOL tropes,
>>
File: 1378580965409.jpg (29.57 KB, 500x500)
29.57 KB
29.57 KB JPG
>>100312141
>Haruhi did X
>But Y did X over 5 years earlier and was popular and several more X popped up shortly after
>IT DOESN'T COUNT
>>
>>100311390
In what way is Eva more influential?
>>
>>100312400
I know the effects on mecha were minor, but every time a hit happens someone tries make their own knock off version.
>>100312392
That's the recession more than anything.
>>100312500
And it's still contending with the monolith that is Gundam.
>>
>>100312466
Yeah, sure but its impact in anime as nowhere as big as something like Gundam, Yamato or Tezuka's works.

It's a terrible comparison and it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>100312207
Greater mass appeal
Record breaking
Hit the nail in coffin that forced a new age of moe dominated shows

I dunno ;_;
>>
Old anime is for the awesome robot fights and action.
New anime is for all the hot bitches.
>>
>>100312342
I agree, but not because of that.

It's because now all we ever get is Light Novel adaptations. The LN market is the influential one nowadays, which sucks because all light novels are shit.
>>
>Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
>Cromartie
>FMP: Fuomoffu
>Full Metal Alchemist
>Gunslinger Girls
>Kino no Tabi
>Last Exile
>Planetes
>Texhnolyze
>Wolf's Rain

Why was 2003 the greatest year in anime ever?
>>
>>100312547
Haruhi was the BOOM!.
>>
>>100312452
We mean the effects on anime itself, not by the effects it had on anime getting huge in the west briefly.
>>
File: consider, anime.jpg (197.71 KB, 919x720)
197.71 KB
197.71 KB JPG
>>100312332
Gintama
Deathnote
Code Gass
NHK
>>
haruhi is just overrated outside jap
>>
>>100312541
Lemmy tell you a secret.

Are you ready?
It's not well know so come closer.

Okay?
Alright.

Neither did anything at all.
But because SnK is the flavor of the month, it is more influential by that merit alone.
>>
>>100312613
And it was more than a decade ago. Fuck.
>>
>>100312407
10/10 anime plot right there anon
>>
>>100312507
8man
Boku No Friends
Nyaruko
Henneko
IS
DxD
>>
>>100312541
Read the thread, everyone has already said it hasn't done jack shit and only a few idiots still say or think it has.
>>
>>100312261
If we're talking about influencing other anime than not really since although Naruto may have inspired many animators today, there are plenty of other shows that have created a much higher level of inspiration than Naruto.
If we're talking about influencing in terms of bringing an audience toward a certain form of entertainment (in this case, anime) than yes. Naruto, as well as other mainstream anime that appeared on American television, is the main influence as to why today's generation watch anime today.
I guess I may have misunderstood what OP meant be "influential."
>>
File: Art By Iwaaki Hitoshi.jpg (995.47 KB, 1280x1808)
995.47 KB
995.47 KB JPG
Reminder:

Evangelion is a bad mash up of Devilman and many other classic manga series.

Anno has been following Devilman's core story to the T. He's now even making the Rebuild series, which is an alt-universe sequel exactly like Devilman Lady.
>>
>>100312613
Because 2007 came.
>>
>>100310406
Why do you say that though?
>>
>>100312633
>NHK

I want to go through that again, it hit me pretty hard when I first saw it.
>>
Why are there so many newfags arguing about Haruhi being the most influential anime of the 2000s?
>>
>>100312642
There's no way to see the long term influence, however. Give it more time and we can all settle this rationally.
>>
File: feelsbadbro.jpg (76.47 KB, 396x385)
76.47 KB
76.47 KB JPG
>>100312656
>2003 was more than a decade ago

where did it all go so wrong
>>
>>100312559
Shifted the focus from OVA to late night anime, it inspired lots of 2Deep4U anime, Rei clones, made Akihabara into anime central.
>>
>>100312659

>hyouka
>>
>>100312700
Cause this way Bebop and Eva get their own spot
>>
>>100310363
>>100310304
>people responding to this shit seriously
Stop please

>>100310899
>lain
>good
Extreme wrong. I'm pretty sure Ippo was '99 you fucking shitlord
>>
>>100312347

>/v/ pls go
>>
>>100312692
Devilman influenced Berserk, which is something.

>>100312720
Only newfags say it wasn't.
>>
>>100312692
I keep hearing this.

What did Anno even take from Devilman?
>>
>>100312627
Then the most influential anime in 70's was Cleopatra. First of second hentai ever made if I'm not mistaken. Let's see its impacts on the anime industry.
>>
>>100310899
Despera ;_;

In Hamasaki we trust.
>>
>>100312749
moot created 4chan
I still like you faggots, though.
>>
>>100310304
Chuu-2; seems to be where the whole "take an unknown story concept from a treatment that we'll call a LN and turn it into wildly successful anime" thing took off.
>>
>>100312716
I remember dropping it at ep 2 or 3. The MC was just too annoying
>>
>>100312575
>That's the recession more than anything.
I know that. The anime is currently money-milking for what it's worth, just like it did many times before. It will end as soon as the appeal of pandering to otaku fades.
>>
>>100312773
Part of the ending
That's it
>>
>>100312507
I mean watered down clones in the sense that people borrow heavily from the set-up, particularly trying to emulate Kyon and have their protagonist be equipped with the same dry wit he has but it comes off as terribly overdone 99% of the time. Like Kyoukai no Kanata's dude in the first episode giving that spiel about glasses.

There's actually a new LN at the moment now and it literally revolves around Haruhi and the characters being fans of it. That is the premise.
>>
>>100312700
Because all the major transition periods happened at those times.
The mecha shift, the industry decline, the switch to digital animation, etc
>>
>>100312766
>implying lain wasn't good
>>
>>100312342
It doesn't need to be unique, just have a large impact.
>>
File: 1350422924231.jpg (71.91 KB, 1280x720)
71.91 KB
71.91 KB JPG
What genre will the next Tezuka or Leiji push?
>>
>>100312796
Did he hit too close to home? I know it did for me.
>>
>>100312345

Even KnT mangaka has ridden the LN wagon, oh, man, I still remember the butthurt of Kinofags...
>>
70s was Ashita no Joe.
>>
>Madoka not influential
Domestic Records
> Highest average sales for original TV anime since EVA
> All-time highest grossing late-night anime movie
> All-time biggest initial weekend for a late-night anime movie
> #1 movie for her premiere weekend (October 26)
> Warner's Brothers' highest grossing movie in 2013
> Fastest late-night anime movie to top 1 billion yen at 13 days, surpassing the previous record by 8 days (K-on! Movie This is It)
> Charts Top-20 in both highest initial and overall gross for 2013
>>
>>100312776
Most influential anime of the 70s was definitely Cutie Honey
>>
>>100312770
I meant to say not being. Eh, sorry.
>>
>>100312613
Texhnolyze probably would have been considered pretty mediocre while it was airing, the surface episodes were never aired on television, which I imagine would have really deflated the ending had you been watching it live.
>>
>>100312614
>It only counts if you're super popular
Better tell music snobs that The Velvet Underground were irrelevant due to being commercial failures.
>>
>>100312817
>lain wasn't good
I agree anon
>>
>>100312738
Is there, really, a good way to see long-term influence, though? We can say that certain things started happening more often after anime X was released, but really, it's all guesswork and looking at correlation. There are way more factors than we can realistically account for.
>>
>>100312845
I wasn't a NEET back then. And I'm pretty certain I don't behave like him now.
>>
>>100312838
Mecha, again.
>>
Despite how much I hate Haruhi Suzumiya (the character), I'll have to agree with OP.
>>
>>100312855
Sales don't mean a work is influential.
>>
>implying anything changed after Haruhi
If anything, anime has been going downhill from there. That's not even a fair comparison with the other decades.
>>
>>100312261
I'm pretty positive that Dragon ball has the most influence.
>>
>>100312874
We're talking about influence here. Azumangah alone wouldn't have made the industry change this much, while Haruhi would have kept the same impact.
>>
>>100312877
good one, shittaste, go back to mal
>>
>>100312853
I haven't seen it yet because fucking subs, but I think I would have to agree just from my limited knowledge of the 70s
>>
>>100310899
>Space Battleship Yamato

It was shit then, its shit now.
>>
>>100312855
has it influenced anime in any way though?

no

eva is the reason anime is the way it is today

haruhi kicked off the SoL and LN fad
>>
>>100312202
I... Can't argue... You guys probably dont understand what this anon means, but what he's getting at is that the dark age of comics in the 90s was cause by one of the best comics of all time being superficially imitated. That is alarmingly similar to the shit that is happening now in anime.
>>
>>100312935
A bunch of 'clones' doesn't either. Correlation is not causation.
>>
>>100312874
>The Velvet Underground
not anime
>>
File: 1379126729578.jpg (19.28 KB, 300x365)
19.28 KB
19.28 KB JPG
>>100312806
What do you mean?

Stuff like giant naked Rei was something from Devilman or something?
>>
Does anyone have a source on how HnK influenced DB?
>>
>>100312911
I wasn't a neet when I watched it myself, just struggling with depression at the time. The general sense of entrapment hit me.
>>
File: 1318861505676.jpg (190.21 KB, 666x1000)
190.21 KB
190.21 KB JPG
>>100312773
The core characters (Shinji = Akira, Kaworu = Satan, Asuka = Ryo Asuka + Miki), the christian symbolism style, the ending of EoE, Devilman Lady sequel, the homolust and many other details I can't be assed to remember on the spot. Generally speaking, the tone and characterization in Evangelion is incredibly similar to Devilman. Anno also took a LOT from Ken Ishikawa's bio-mecha series Skull Killer Jakio which features a boy in Neo Tokyo piloting a robot with a womb-like cockpit.

Check this:
>But your influence on me is incalculable, impossible to evaluate. After all, even in Evangelion, I couldn't get away from the Devilman influence…
>No, but I think I didn't do it consciously… After that, people made me notice : "Ah this is Devilman", etc…
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/401342/Translated-interview-between-Nagai-and-Anno/
>>
>>100312216
you would rather let it be shit in a different, more boring way?
>>
>>100312899
I'm not arguing for how you ascertain it. All I'm saying is that you should actually wait until enough time has passed. Claiming to know the long term effects when barely 9 months have passed is just blowing hot air. I'm not sayin do this or do that, I'm just vouching for some fucking rationality in these shitfests of arguments.
>>
>>100312993
I have no problem with this besides the SoL part. That is just false SoL has always been and will always be popular in anime it was not 'kicked off' by Haruhi in any way.
>>
>>100312973
It's Bear, he's the worst tripfag
>>
File: image.jpg (69.48 KB, 521x383)
69.48 KB
69.48 KB JPG
>mfw there are so much newfags thinking Haruhi wasn't influential
>>
Madoka hasn't done anything yet. It may be wildly influential and popular but as it stands the industry hasn't changed at all since its airing. No series trying to emulate it. No real trend after shaking things up.

Saying Shingeki is influential is kind of stupid too. It hasn't done anything either.
>>
>>100312973
Learn to type retard-kun
>>
>>100313061
Does this tie back into Gainax being Getter and Mazinger fans?
>>
>>100313083
Numbers don't agree with you.
>>
>>100313144
Which numbers? Go ahead and show them.
>>
>>100312877
Not that anon but I can't blame you there.

I like it, but I almost dropped the show at first for that fucking pacing and for my confusion. It really took a while for Lain to grow on me after a couple of rewatches.
>>
>>100312862
I can agree with that.
>>
>>100313118
Calling it influential while saying it hasn't changed anything makes no sense whatsoever. Get a better grasp of the English language
>>
>>100313105
But it wasn't. All it did was push in even shittier LN adaptations.

Moe SoL existed long before with adaptation of 4-koma manga.
>>
>>100312995
Exactly, now look at the chart in the OP and realize how those anime broke the anime industry.
>>
>>100313135
Basically, yes. Even Gunbuster took a lot from Getter Robo. You can find Dynamic Pro homages/copies in almost all of Gainax's works (like TTGL, which takes a lot from Getter Robo Saga and whose main writer was Ken Ishikawa's editor).
>>
>>100313170
I meant the number of SoL/Comedy anime released every year drastically increased right after 2006.
>>
>>100313134
>-kun

ok you've got me there m8
>>
>>100313183
And that's the problem for me, besides not liking it in general, I rarely rewatch stuff and I've only rewatched my favorite things, so I don't think I ever really will rewatch it
>>
It think the problem of this thread is that are more than just one influencial anime for a decade
>>
I'm pretty sure Sailor Moon is hugely influential.

I mean how many times have you seen the get naked transformation thing?
>>
>>100313268
>Moe SoL existed long before with adaptation of 4-koma manga.
>existed
That's the point. It existed, now it's flooding our basements.
>>
>>100310304
Madoka is the frontrunner so far. And SnK what.
>>
>haruhi
Just stop it faggots.

Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu is what started everything. It created the LN subgenre which spawned countless rip offs (Haruhi is one of them) and had an adaption first.
>>
File: snackio.jpg (1.30 MB, 2282x1750)
1.30 MB
1.30 MB JPG
>>100312400
>still posting that shitty cam pic
>>
>>100313326
This. Sailor Moon and Evangelion are both just too influential to not include both for the 90's. Same with Gundam and Dragon Ball for the 80's
>>
>>100313326
Yeah. OP's picture just states the most influencial anime by decades.
>>
>>100313316
There's a handful of shows I'll rewatch one day. Ones that I really enjoyed and were so long ago that I almost completely forget what transpired. Lain is coming up on that very soon.
>>
File: Kaerun.jpg (65.55 KB, 500x500)
65.55 KB
65.55 KB JPG
Guys, clearly the most influential anime of this coming decade is Turning Girls. Why do you bother arguing otherwise?
>>
>>100313430
Don't want to bend up my Kyomu Senki books.
>>
>>100313290
If that is the case you should be able to demonstrate it by counting the numbers. Otherwise you are just pulling nonsense statistics out of your ass you have no factual evidence for. You shouldn't make objectively verifiable claims if you are unable to prove them that is just poor. You might aswell not even bother saying it if you can't prove it.

I can quite easily demonstrate the popularity of SoL before Haruhi. Aria 2005, Strawberry Marshamallow 2005, Pani Poni Dash, 2005. There are three SoL anime from one year before Haruhi straight off the top of my head. There are certainly more from that year if you looked into it.
>>
Madoka is just Eva with magical girls tho
>>
>>100313339
>What is Cutey Honey for 500
>>
>>100313464
Personally I only rewatch series that I like enough to buy on BD/DVD.
>>
>>100313414
You retard, we never said that Haruhi was the first one to do it, but it clearly popularized the genre with its gigantic success and thus it is one of the most influencial anime.
>>
File: 1388258575537.png (357.51 KB, 719x720)
357.51 KB
357.51 KB PNG
>>100313275
>Getter Robo
Don't really know how this changed things, I'm not a fossil
>Gundam
is the reason Macross Exists
>Eva
Everything wrong with modern mecha arguable modern anime can be attributed
>Haruhi
led to the popularization of light novel adaptations and the slow death of manga adaptations
Ended the era of action anime and ushered in the SoL Comedy slice of life waifu pandering anime.

Created legions of weeaboos doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance
>>
>>100313438
>This. Sailor Moon and Evangelion are both just too influential to not include both for the 90's. Same with Gundam and Dragon Ball for the 80's

First off, Dragon Ball wasn't that influential in the 80s. Secondly, you're only saying that because that's the only decades you're vaguely familiar with (you're still wrong about Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball) when in fact, there's dozens of industry changing series that happened in the 70s, 80s and 90s that aren't listed.
>>
>>100313523
There was always a shit ton of SoL, it's LN adaptations that Haruhi standardized.
>>
>>100313536
SHHH

The Cartoon Network kids want to feel like they know about pre-00 anime.
>>
>>100313523
Don't be ridiculous, these kind of statistics don't exist. We're discussing chinese cartoons, not politics, so no one will go through charts to make statistics.

You'll have to believe me when I'm saying there were much more school life anime after 2006. You can also choose to not believe me, I don't care either way.
>>
>>100312332
If I remember right, 06-07 was around the time where widescreen and digital coloring became the norm.
>>
>>100313628
Well would it be fair to say that the rise of SoL is more notable than the rise of LN adaptations? I mean there are typically more SoL shows per season than LN adaptations per season after all.
>>
File: 1367592865500.png (168.09 KB, 288x342)
168.09 KB
168.09 KB PNG
>>100313589

>can't even tell the difference between getter and mazinger
>>
>>100313589
>>Getter Robo
It's Manzinger Z.
>>
>>100313589
Getter Robo basically set the standard for mecha.

Gundam is the fucking national icon.

Eva lead to the trend we are in right now in how we watch anime on a conceptual level.

Haruhi gave the boom of the LN, made anime more weeaboo in the west.

They became grander than life.
No anime this decade has became ''grander than life''.
>>
>Madoka
>Influential

Oh really? What has Madoka influenced? Are we suddenly flooded by magical girl shows? Does every series have bullshit deus ex machina twists and desperate suffering now? Is there pretentious abstract art shit in every anime now?

Of course not. Madoka can't influence anything because it's a derivative piece of shit that offers nothing new, just a rehash of tropes for a new generation of casuals to be amazed by.
>>
>>100313774
>>100313774
>>100313774
>>
>>100313774
Manzinger Z*

Fuck me for quoting you.
It set the standard.
>>
>>100313751
>>100313760

oh shit, fuck me, I saw that wrong. Go Nagai needs to learn variation in design
>>
File: questionable.jpg (14.75 KB, 177x278)
14.75 KB
14.75 KB JPG
>>100313774
>>
File: kanon ehhhh.jpg (27.49 KB, 375x375)
27.49 KB
27.49 KB JPG
>>100313774
>deus ex machina
>>
>>100313774
Madoka was simply a nice anime which shallow as fuck characters and a nice twist in direction.
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>100313823
>Go Nagai
>Getter Robo

you're the gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>100313774
>just a rehash of tropes for a new generation of casuals to be amazed by.

I bet faggots like you say the same thing about TTGL
>>
Haruhi is almost every newfag first show. That's why many people think it was something special.

Actually influence=sales everyday everytime.
2000-2010 period was almost dead.
Something started to happen with Bake in 2009, Madoka later and maybe SnK now
>>
>>100313823

Holy shit nigga, are you for real right now?
>>
The anime industry is and will always be an advertising service for manga, video games and light novels.

Commercially successful original (lol) work series like Evangelion are rare.
>>
>>100313924
Doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>100313913
It was a joint project It Ishikawa, he drew it.
>>
>>100313924
No, clearly anyone who has watched anime for more than five years hates those shows with a burning passion.
>>
>>100313628
That was indeed my point, I agree fully that Harhui popularized the LN adaptation but SoL was and is always popular.

>>100313677
>these kind of statistics don't exist. We're discussing chinese cartoons
>no one will go through charts to make statistics
You have evidently have never come across sites like these
http://www38.atwiki.jp/uri-archive/
http://anime-research.seesaa.net/article/374781860.html

It really never happened you have a false perception perhaps due to a low powerlevel. What about things like Kimagure Orange Road or Maison Ikkoku etc? No SoL has been big always.
>>
>>100313924
But it's true.
>>
File: 1215192422879.jpg (31.12 KB, 300x300)
31.12 KB
31.12 KB JPG
>>100313823
How the fuck does this look anything like Mazinger Z.
>>
File: 40882672_big_p1.jpg (922.54 KB, 780x1100)
922.54 KB
922.54 KB JPG
>>100313774
Give it a few years for all the clones to emerge.
>>
Isn't the adaptions of LNs just a result from the slippery slope caused by the adapting of VNs? Successful VN anime are the reason why companies eventually got the balls to adapt LNs.
>>
>People actually saying X anime influenced this decade.

Are you all time travelers by any chance?
>>
>>100310238
Code Geass
>>
>>100310411
Because TTGL wasn't influential.
>>
>>100314051
Madoka itself is heavily inspired by Nanoha
>>
File: 1238703421527.jpg (57.27 KB, 655x399)
57.27 KB
57.27 KB JPG
>>100313924
Yeah, I wouldn't say that about TTGL. What I would say about it is
>just an extremely generic and stripped down version of Getter Robo Saga for casuals to be amazed by
>>
>>100314117
It wasn't.
>>
>>100314117
No, it has already been discuted, and it wasn't influencial at all. Now get out.
>>
File: 1205898.jpg (131.31 KB, 500x550)
131.31 KB
131.31 KB JPG
>>100313999
No. Ken Ishikawa is the sole writer and artist of Getter Robo. Go Nagai is credited as a co-creator because he helped Ishikawa with the basic concept.
>>
ITT: shitposters who don't know the difference between "influential" and "best".
>>
>>100314152

TTGL does everything Getter Robo did better.
>>
File: 1383380887569.jpg (150.09 KB, 960x720)
150.09 KB
150.09 KB JPG
>>100311414
Gundam basically pioneered the "real" mecha genre. Hokuto no Ken's biggest influence are JoJo, Bastard!!, and Berserk.

And guess which franchise makes more money? As well as definitive of anime pop-culture between the two? Its not Fist of the North Star.
>>
>>100314151
But Nanoha is a Gundam show, not a magical girl show.
>>
>>100314195
>>100314208
That wasn't supposed to be sarcastic.
>>
File: 1368668798099.jpg (147.83 KB, 1920x1080)
147.83 KB
147.83 KB JPG
I wish we had more Haruhi.
>>
>>100311376
>>100312084

Lucky Star and K-ON (especially the latter) were both influenced by Azumanga Daioh.

>>100313052
It came out a year before Dragon Ball and started the fighting shounen genre.
>>
>>100314226
Maybe if you're 12 and don't like reading?
>>
Who's responsible for all these idol series that have been coming out?
>>
File: 1383346264990.jpg (594.74 KB, 1500x1171)
594.74 KB
594.74 KB JPG
>>100314294
Read the LN.
>>
File: jackie chan implying.jpg (8.30 KB, 250x250)
8.30 KB
8.30 KB JPG
>MFW niwaka believe that any anime after Haruhi is influential
>>
>>100314298
>It came out a year before Dragon Ball and started the fighting shounen genre.
>and started the fighting shounen genre.

What the fuck

What
the
actual
fuck

Does /a/'s knowledge of anime and manga stop at 1988 or something? Holy shit.
>>
>>100314294
No longer profitable as author just stopped writing. If he had a new novel there would be a new anime to promote it. KyoAni never got THAT much money themselves from Haruhi anyway, most of it went to Kadokawa. Despite Chuuni/Free etc selling well but not as well as Haruhi the company are still making more considering its their own novel line.

I can't see them ever going back to it, honestly.
>>
>>100314352
People with good taste?
>>
File: 16349472.jpg (307.90 KB, 600x900)
307.90 KB
307.90 KB JPG
>>100314051
It's happening
>>
>>100313913
Uncle Nagai told Ken to use jets/planes instead of cars or ground vehicles for Getter Robo since no one had done that before.

But that's about it.

>>100311545
Dragon Ball started serialization in 1984, less then half a year after Hokuto no Ken. HnK did not "invent" or play as big of an influence on the Shonen battle/fighting genre as you'd like to think.
>>
File: 1379959509998.png (1.16 MB, 1280x960)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
How many SnK clones and parodies can we expect this year?
>>
>>100314409
We all know about that, bro.
>>
>>100314373
We've been through enough posts to show only idiots think that.
>>
>>100312135
>moe was invented with lucky star in 2007

Really?
honest question
>>
>>100314051
It had three fucking years.
>>
is that devil man in 1970s?

I mean i really cant tell, it looks like devilman, but why is there a robot there?
>>
>>100314469
>clones
0.

>parodies
A lot.
>>
>>100314298
>hnk
>started the fighting shounen genre

Nope, that would be Ring ni Kakero.
>>
>>100314499
Lurk more dumbass.
>>
>>100311414
Basically every mecha show post-Gundam was Gundam influenced in one way or another. Even the series that didn't take story from Gundam generally switched to Gundam-type designs.

And it also influenced non mecha anime too with the popularization of flawed hesitant protagonists as "heroes" and handsome rivals with female appeal.
>>
>>100314499
Expand the image and look at the bottom left.
>>
>>100311464
I dont think it gets much more retarded than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icLLXEUqEjA
>>
>>100314385
Kids on /a/ don't watch anything made before 1982.
>>
>>100314499
Of course not.
>>
>>100312135
wasn't there animes in the 70s?
>>
>>100314469
At least a reference in every anime involved with Kodansha.
>>
>>100314499
No, "moe" has been present in anime for a very long time.
>>
>>100314561
no
>>
>>100314561
You too,
>>100314529
>>
>>100314532
>>100314529
>>100314555
>>100314574
really as in "really anyone believes this"

>inb4 I was pretending to be retarded
>>
don't worry guys
kill la kill will save anime
>>
>>100314561
That's what they'd like you to think.
>>
>>100314504
Devilman is one of the most successful manga series of all time, but that's manga. Mazinger Z was more popular as an anime series.
>>
File: it's a cycle.jpg (74.69 KB, 1397x434)
74.69 KB
74.69 KB JPG
>>100314574
Pic related.
>>
>>100314561
yes
>>
>>100310304
Teekyu.
>>
Madoka is easily the best anime of this decade so far but I don't know about most influential. Nothing this decade seems influential to be honest.
>>
>>100314646
Go home triggerfag, Imaishi doesnt even care about Kill La Kill he's' just shilling his fanservice shit to fund his next real anime.
>>
>>100311946
Gundam 0079 aired in '79 so I think it can count.
>>
THE MOST INFLUENTIAL CREATORS OF ANIME AND MANGA IS AS FOLLOWS

OSAMU TEZUKA
YOKOYAMA MITSUTERU
ISHINOMORI SHOTARO
NAGAI GO

ANYONE ELSE PALES IN COMPARISON
>>
File: image.jpg (24.39 KB, 225x225)
24.39 KB
24.39 KB JPG
Most influential anime of all time

narto
>>
>>100314797
What's narto, inb4 newfag.
>>
>not evangelion Q in 10s
>>
>>100314698
prince of tennis ripoff
>>
>>100311033
2000's and 2010's are two seperate decades anon.
>>
>>100310304
Inferno cop
>>
>>100314504
It's Mazinger Z, from the same creator as Devilman.

Mazinger Z basically created the "giant robot" genre (as in, hero using a pilotable robot as the focus, rather than autonomous robots), and had tons of clones in the 70s until Gundam appeared in 79 and started having it own influence from the 80s and on.

It's not just the robot itself though - things like the protagonist's family being involved in the creation of the robot, ancient civilizations, conflict between father and son, and such often pop up in various mecha anime and all started with Mazinger.

It also was basically the first big series made alongside a toyline (rather than toys coming later, from its success), basically paving way for all sorts of kid's shows from then on.
>>
there's still half a decade left so let's wait till then before we make these obvious recommendation threads
>>
File: woof.jpg (47.53 KB, 670x501)
47.53 KB
47.53 KB JPG
>>100314695

>kawaii dog crap
>1196

Based on what?
>>
>>100310740
>>100310890
>>100311542


See >>100314528 and >>100314462
>>
>>100311497
I late in replying, but that is not what a rip-off is, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>100314409
Well fuck reality.

Maybe that Yuki adaptation will do something. But I haven't heard shit about it in a while.
>>
Quick, name the most influencal anime series that isn't Astro Boy.
>>
File: 1342598898740.png (40.41 KB, 256x711)
40.41 KB
40.41 KB PNG
>>100315068
Mecha is divided into like three or four different categories. The big boys are regared as Tetsujin 28 (first real mecha ), Mazinger (first directly piloted/super type), Getter Robo (first "combining" type mecha), and Gundam (first real type mecha).

SRW games have always emphasized the influence the shows and main characters from them had with Ryoma, Amuro, and Kabuto.
>>
>Madoka
>influence

Where are the Madoka rip-offs?
I haven't seen a single one.

Let me tell you why:
Madoka is only good because it took what already existed and put it well together - I didn't create anything new and so i can't influence anything
>>
>>100315301
Probably Dragon Ball or EVA (the latter helped popularize late night anime, which has become the norm since)

>>100315281
Will Aya Hirano be in it?
>>
>>100315348
You could say the same thing about Eva, really. Eva's biggest influence wasn't on content but on changing the nature of the industry.
>>
>>100315348
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou
>>
>>100313774
Learn what a Deus Ex Machina is.
>>
>>100315453
Didn't shock and didn't kill anyone.
Madoka has also nothing to do with Taro card shit.

The direction wasn't creative either.
>>
>>100315453
>>
>>100315440
eva made every show want to be 2deep4u and use something grand scale like instrumentality

madokas ending is basically an eva copy
>>
>>100314327
Nope, it improved on every aspect of Getter Robo
>>
Madoka is probably going to leave it's mark as making way for big movie releases of late-night anime and having them also be marketed overseas. The success has been pretty unprecedented and studio's would be mad for not trying to replicate it.
>>
>>100315491
>>100315502
Hence the term "rip-off"
Akari was still hot though.
>>
who influenced all this shitty shoujo shows about a girl/shrine/fox spirit kind of thing? there's always a few each season.

did K-ON changed anything?
>>
>>100315389
I would say yes but at the moment, we don't even know what studio is planning on doing it.
>>
>>100315678
K-ON changed Kyoani forever
>>
>>100315678
>did K-ON changed anything?

Nope. It's fairly obviously influenced by Azumanga Daioh.
>>
Here's the conclusion from this thread:

You're all a bunch of faggots who will never agree on anything.
>>
>>100315678
With any luck, K-ON is the first leg of a dying horse.
>>
>>100315678
Nothing.
>>
>>100315756
but that's just wrong, there's has been a lot of agreement

I'm wondering about EVA though, seems so weird all this talk about changing from OVA to anime late night spot
>>
>>100315348
This guy got it right. Madoka isn't going to be influential but it was extremely good.
>>
File: 1389746755928.png (177.78 KB, 500x310)
177.78 KB
177.78 KB PNG
>>100313414
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>100315348
Madoka sold so well and got so popular because everything just worked well together.

>Shaft
>Gen
>Aniplex marketing
>Wideface

You can't copy that and everyone knows this. People wouldn't buy Madoka clones from other people because it wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>100313583
Going by your logic, Dragon Ball Z was more influential than Hokuto no Ken.
>>
File: Hank Uzumaki.png (574.93 KB, 748x568)
574.93 KB
574.93 KB PNG
Naruto was the most influential for 2010's. Turned everything to crap!
>>
>>100312135
>do not take this seriously
I laughed
>>
>>100315827
>seems so weird all this talk about changing from OVA to anime late night spot
Look at the season charts from the years before Eva to after Eva.
>>
File: 1357593738902.png (552.39 KB, 720x527)
552.39 KB
552.39 KB PNG
>>100314226
Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>100313286
Fucking hell, quit trying to start fights between the Getter and TTGL fans.
>>
>>100314910

>Prince of tennis

that piece of shit.

I'd wish they make an anime about Baby Steps...
>>
>>100316272
were anime that aired late at night even common before NGE?

>>100313414
There was also Maria-sama ga Miteru and Starship Operators before that. LN adaptations weren't rare before Haruhi and were actually pretty common before that. If anything, it was Shakugan no Shana, not Haruhi, which made LN adaptations the next big thing. Helps that the last two shared an illustrator.
>>
>>100317205
>were anime that aired late at night even common before NGE?
No, thats the point.
>>
Haruhi isn't influential.
>>
>>100318422
Okay.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.