[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: RIP superstar.png (199.20 KB, 531x633)
199.20 KB
199.20 KB PNG
Not a bleach 564 general, we've already got one.

Here we commemorate the legacy of the world's greatest super hero! Long live superstar!
>>
the worst character this series has produced

sorry dude
>>
>The star and his fans are one

It.. it makes sense.
>>
Why is Renji's new, smaller bankai more powerful than his gigantic one?
>>
>>100305996
Water pressure.
>>
>>100305996
Actual abilities.
>>
>>100305996
Size != Power

Also he was only using half of zabimaru's power before
>>
>>100303882
Its not a bleach 564 thread, last one ded
>>
>>100306113
NEW BANKAI CAN'T EVEN SHOOT BEAMS
>>
>>100305996
Same reason Ichigo's Shikai was stronger than his giant first sword most likely. It's condensed spirit energy rather than a big ball of fluff in the shape of a sword.
>>
>>100305996
If DBZ and Shaman King taught me something, it's that compressing huge abilities/weapons makes them stronger
>>
>new bankai
>can't ride it like a hoverbike
lame
>>
>>100306239
Can't they fly?
>>
>>100306290
Nope.
>>
>>100306166
Beams are useless in the Bleach-vese unless if your Ichigo.
>>
>>100306290
They don't fly, they just stand on air.
But no, they can't do that in SS or Hueco Mundo. They're in the arc of a jump.
>>
>>100306239
>Implying giant monkey hand isn't cooler

>>100306290
No, they can form platforms underneath their feet to stand, or they can push off/jump, but they can't actually fly.
>>
>>100306345
Couldn't he just call it Hihio Zabimaru and summon his old one? Or did it get completely reforged?
>>
>>100306535
I'm pretty sure zabimaru was reforged after it was broken in bankai
>>
>>100306379
>But no, they can't do that in SS or Hueco Mundo.

It's actually easier in those places since reishi is everywhere. And we've seen them doing it their. Why do you think they can't?
>>
So a broken bankai loses its power and can't regenerate it.

So since his old bankai broke, but was only half of its true name, does that mean this new bankai is just the other half and therefore still half power?
>>
>>100306795
Only if old man Beardsley only gave Renji half of zabimaru's name
>>
>>100306711
Because they've never done it in SS.
>>100306795
>can't regenerate it.
Only if you don't use Royal Guard reiatsu. He's at full power now.
>>
>>100306356
That's because Ichigo compresses his beams.
>>
>Byakuya: "There's no way a Bankai can be so small."

Remember that you guys? Remember when Ichigo was unique for having such a tiny Bankai?
>>
>>100307022
At the time he was, and at the time Byakuya was kind of an idiot.
>>
>>100306356
Ulquiorra's beams were nice.

Also, I fucking love the sound Ceros made.
>>
>>100306711
Hueco Mundo yes (Bullmask Ichigo could do it and Segunda Etapa Ulqiuiorra could do it, though the latter may have been legit flying via wings, but no one else).
SS no. All the combat during the SS arc, the Sternritter invasion and inside the Ice Palace have been on the ground.
>>100307022
>only 3 small bankaj
They're still rare. And remember: he's never seen Yamamoto's bankai.
>>100307156
It's like
>MMMMMWOOOOOOOWWWW
>>
>>100307221
>mfw I bought the fucking PS3 game for some stupid reason and Ceros don't have the original sound
>>
>>100307221
Does Yamamoto's Bankai really count as small, though?

I mean, what you SEE is small, but it's actually large enough to encompass the entire city. If we assume that the heat is exudes is part of the Bankai, then Yamamoto technically has the largest Bankai ever.
>>
I was kind of hoping that hed be defeated by having his mask removed
>>
>>100305996
same reason a lighter bat hits further than a heavier one
>>
>>100307221
Yama's Bankai is huge
>>
>>100306889
They have several times. For instance, during the execution way back Ichigo was standing on air when he blocked the fire bird.
>>
>>100307298
Same could be said for Ichigo; Mugetsu was potentially large enough to be seen from space. Also I think Renji's new Serpent Cannon implied a larger size of reiatsu?
>>
>>100307405
I thought he was standing on the fire bird
>>
>>100307405
He had a special Shihoun artifact at the time which neutralized the Sekki Sekki walls, which would normally prevent such a thing. Big difference.
>>
>>100307512
If you read the chapter, he's standing on nothing.
>>
>>100307543
Oh yeah, that crest cape thing. Forgot that even existed.
>>
>>100307221
Amendment: Byakuya STILL hasn't seen Yamamoto's bankai. He was unconscious the entire time.
>>100307298
>>100307398
The effect is big, but the actual weapon itself is small.
>>100307405
Because Yoruichi gave him a device that let him do so.
>>
>>100304074

More like the best.
>>
>>100307597
One of two Shihoun artifacts that were never mentioned again. The second one basically destroyed the Soukyoku. Everyone remember that giant spear with the strength of 1,000 Zanpakuto that was never mentioned again?

Remember all the chicks hanging out at the Phoenix Palace with RG Kanye? They're all a part of it.
>>
>>100307803
>that were never mentioned again
The best worse thing about Bleach is this sentence
>>
>>100307873
Don't start this again please...
>>
Bleach characters can fly (okay, stand on reishi platforms, but it's essentially flying) everywhere except for inside the Sereitei. There was lots of flying in the Hueco Mundo arc, and we see Soul Reapers flying whenever they fight outside of the Seiretei in the Soul Society, such as Hollow Kensei + Mashiro vs everyone else in TBtP.
>>
>>100307803
>strength of a thousand zanpakuto
>ooetsu just happens to have a shitton just hanging around
>>
>>100307022

Other than Yamamoto, which he has never seen, Ichigo still has the only bankai that you can call "small".

Kensei's is a giant gauntlet with a huge backpiece, and is much, much larger than his shikai.

Renji's new bankai is like his shikai, but with a snake gauntlet over one arm, and a giant baboon arm over the other.

Byakuya's beef was that Ichigo's bankai was smaller than his shikai, which is still unique in the series (perhaps due to it not being a proper bankai; we'll see if it's still like that). Even Yamamoto's bankai was merely the same size as his shikai.
>>
>>100308286
>Soukyoku destroyed
>Yamamoto just sends a letter to Ouetsu for a new some
>>
>>100308401
>Yamamoto filed a requisition form for 1000 bitches
>>
>>100308440
Business as usual
>>
>>100308286
>>100308401
He has shitton of Asauchi, but only a few Zanpaktou.

Question is how did they get 1000 decent spirits to fit there.
Valkyrie-style grab from dying warriors during war? Taken away from inmates?
>>
>>100307803
Um didn't it have the strength equivalent to a million zanpakuto ?
>>
>>100308532
>>100308440
>>100308401
>Yamamoto fills 2 requisition forms for 1000 bitches
here you go
>>
It also possible that Captains had a weekly meeting on the hill and they "poured reiatsu" onto Skoyoku, so it kept getting stronger.
>>
>>100308680
It would certainly form a precedent for what happened in the Fullbring arc.
>>
>>100308547
Strength of [insert unrealistically large number] Zanpakuto.

That's how much plot relevance it had.
>>
>>100303882
WTf is even going on in that picture?
>>
>>100308884

Chicken Star from Carls Jr.

That's what is happening anon
>>
>>100308884
Result of Renji's special technique on a superstar.

>I guess this star...
>... just burnt out.
YEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>100308884
Superstar cut in half and charred to bits.

I thought Renji's body was Mask's spine and innards for a second and Zabimaru was wrapped around it.
>>
I never thought I'd see the day where Renji does something cool.
>>
>>100310276
I know it was weird. I kinda liked it.
>>
>>100304074

This, he was the most annoying character ever produced in fiction.
>>
so Rukia next week? Or is somebody going to show up to fellate Renjis new moves for 20 pages?
>>
>>100307082
And at the time Kubo didn't have anything planned out.
>>
renji got a true japanese bankai, it has been compressed 1000 times and is much better than any over sized western bankai
>>
His bankai is a Nue. so hes got two more abilities to show us
>>
File: rukia splash 2014.jpg (784.08 KB, 1883x1300)
784.08 KB
784.08 KB JPG
Dat Rukia splash though.
>>
File: 1366294720240.gif (2.70 MB, 290x189)
2.70 MB
2.70 MB GIF
>>100311936
>>
>>100311936
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bankai" bullshit that's going on in Bleach. Resurreccion deserve much worse than that. Much, much worse than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself achieved Resurreccion and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can't even devour fodder shinigami anymore.
Arrancar spend years working on a single transformation and focus their power up to a million times to produce some of the biggest pieces of shit known to Hollowkind.
Resurreccion are barely half as powerful as Bankai and half as useful for that matter too. Anything a Bankai can destroy, a Resurreccion can't even touch. I'm pretty sure a Resurreccion would break trying to cut a seated Shinigami with any kind of slash.
Ever wonder why Hueco Mundo never bothered conquering Soul Society? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Shinigami and their Byakuya types X through XXII of destruction. Even in the Fake Karakura Town Battle, Arrancar targeted the lowest ranking shinigami because they were too weak to take on the big dogs.
So what am I saying? Resurreccion is simply the worst power that the world has ever seen, and thus, demand much less respect in Bleach.
>>
>>100312888
lern 2 inglish
>>
File: 1341252505768.jpg (16.33 KB, 461x478)
16.33 KB
16.33 KB JPG
>>100312975
>>
>>100307342

I was hoping some idiot like Yachiro would walk over and start booing him and he would power down because of it.
>>
>>100312888
1st and 2nd Espada were pretty fucking OP though. 1st one lost because he doesn't even like fighting, and the second one by kidou magic.
>>
>>100312169
Nice "color page", Kubo
>>
>>100311653
>kubo
>not planning everything right from chapter one
you are just as wrong as the guy on /co/ who asked
>why would there be porn of the new my little pony show? the original didnt have any either
>>
So if zanpakuto were originally hollows, what does that mean for the Hollowfied bankai?
>>
File: 1389533004007.jpg (8.82 KB, 228x251)
8.82 KB
8.82 KB JPG
>>100312888
Great, a new copypasta for me to funpost with
>>
>>100313722
>new
>>
>>100313592
Well, for one there was a possibility it could have ended after Soul Society.

And second, the fact that Kubo didn't plan for Aizen to be the villain right until the reveal directly contradicts what you say. Among many other things that show Kubo makes shit up as he goes along.
>>
Anyone else think Rukias not going to fight? I think she might have something else to do. Her having a bankai seems a bit excessive to me. She's not even been a vice captain for long.
>>
>>100314510
>Rukia
>doing anything
>>
>>100313940
It could've ended after Aizen too, my guts said for a long time that bleach would end with karakura being transformed into the King's Key, Ichigo winning a fight against Aizen, everyone depressed over the lost city and Inoue using her bullshit power with everyone's reiatsu to bring back the city and so the suicide four would live a normal life without any kind of supernatural power, bonus points if there was a fateful encounter between rukia and ichigo after his dead, a close to the sky and the credits rolling.

My guts is never wrong, the only reasonable way out of this is a change of plans from the writer's part.
>>
>>100314510
>bankais
>hard to get

i lol'd out loud
>>
>>100314872
It must've hurt.
>>
>MythBusters discovered that while a corked bat does have less weight, as a result it also transfers less force when it hits a basebal.

>This means that if you hit an 80-mph pitch, the ball will fly off at about half that speed and travel a shorter distance than it would if hit by a solid wood bat.

God forbid /a/ knows anything about momentum or inertia.
>>
>>100305996
Go read the Shaman King.
>>
my sides to this asspull

can't wait for the reveal that Senbonzakura fucked with Byakuya and didn't reveal even a third of his real name
>>
>>100314872
>12 captains - Kenpachi doesn't have one
>Ikkaku, Renji, Sasakibe
>Ichigo
16 out of 6000 seems pretty hard to me.
>>
>>100313664
It's a regression or their "true form" most likely. Think Full Hollow Ichigo.
>>
>>100315081
Senbonzakura kageyoshi is a fucking huge name already.
Is him an Brazilian emperor of some sort?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_II_of_Brazil search for full name.
>>
its like kubo will change anything at all to give a powerup or fix something thats not "cool" enough looking. this is probably one of the dumbest ones in a long time
>>
Why is Kubo wasting chapters on bad character?
Next we will lose 2-3 chapter on worst shit ever in manga history fighting against someone.
>>
>>100315256
Except nothing has changed.
Zabimaru was a baboon with a snake tail.
What makes you think he was only going to have snake powers?
>>
>>100315119
>6000
Did they say this somewhere? I'd be sure they would need at least 1mi to put around the world so they could guide souls to SS.

On the other hand, somehow they were guiding the souls back to SS before the sereitei, so there must be other forms of doing this.
>>
>>100315119
Don't forget 69 dude that got his shit smashed in by superstar. And Ginjo. And 0 Squad. Still not a lot though.
>>
>>100315361
They said that about half their forces were wiped out by the Sternritter, and that they have about 3000 soldiers left.
>>
>>100315360
im talking about the "lol he just told you a little bit of his name!"

i dont have a problem with how it looks now, its fine. i think its just really retarded that he had to revamp it and come up with that retarded excuse to do so
>>
>>100315439
Except there's precedent for it.
The Young Yhwach lied to Ichigo about Zangetsu being his name. Rui'iro Kujaku can be called a different name and still function as a weapon - nerfed, but still a weapon.
Hell, some can respond to more than one command - Hozukimaru can "extend" and "split". Fuji Kujaku could "bloom", but Ruri'iro Kujaku could "split and deviate".
What's so retarded about a spirit withholding information WHEN ZANGETSU DIDN'T WANT TO TEACH ICHIGO THE FINAL GETSUGA TENSHOU?
>>
>>100315414
No. Gotei13 consisted of about 3000 Shinigami before the wipe.
On top of that you have Onmitsukido (Stealth Force), Kido Corps and Academy students.
>>
>>100315727
yes sure if you nitpick you will find some way to explain it, but its not the point. he changes too much shit, all the damn time.

and by the way the ichigo thing is different entirely, that was not even a zanpakuto spirit. that was the manifestation of his quincy powers. well it was when kubo decided thats what he wanted to be a few months ago
>>
>>100315439
>hm, how do I make Renji cooler and stronger
>wait, didn't old Jew lied to Ichigo about his name
>Yeah Zabimaru lied about his name as well
>Dear God, I'm a genius!

Kubo.
>>
>>100315924
>>100315414
Rukia's bankai also lied about it's name. She will now be even cooler and stronger.
Is there anyone else who needs a buff?

Byakuya lied about his name to his Bankai. Now when he tells his name, Senbonzakura will be even stronger.
>>
>>100315924
Zabimaru makes sense. There was no baboon aspect present whatsoever. The whole fucking time. No baboon.
>>
holy fucking shit
>dat asspull
random powerups for everyone
>>
>>100316201
And people talk shit about Madara.
At least Kishimoto openly doesn't give a fuck about making sense.
>>
>>100316199

>the little cape thing renji got in his bankai that was clearly fur

NO
IT WAS THERE
HURR
I SWEAR
DURR
>>
What's the point? It doesn't matter who beats who, Ichigo will show up, start to lose his fight against the boss, oops guess it can't be helped, I'll use "that", where did he get so much power from, etc.
>>
The real question is


when the fuck is kenpachi gonna show up like

"GUYS MY SWORD. GUYS SERIOUSLY. MY SWORD GUYS. I KNOW ITS NAME. IM SO BROKEN NOW LULZ"

and proceed to just devour nazi ass
>>
>>100316422
It was present but it was clearly incomplete. I don't understand why this is a big deal to people who have clearly never given Bleach a chance to begin with. Zanpakuto aren't merely powers to be used, but actual manifestations of a soul which require communication to use and time to master. This has been standard since the Zanpakuto's introduction and implemented throughout the manga in a variety of ways, yet somehow now it's an asspull because Renji wins a fight?
>>
>>100316452
Urahara would like a word with you.
>>
>>100316422
>>100316534
Can you guys be a little less obviously from /v/? The capslock shitposting is not subtle whatsoever.
>>
>>100316534
at least kenpachi's power up makes more sense and is believable. all along we knew that he didnt utilize his zanpakuto besides using it as a sword. this stuff with renji is so stupid
>>
File: Spoiler Image (102.12 KB, 1024x768)
102.12 KB
102.12 KB JPG
>>100316675


quiet weeaboo
>>
>>100316751
>It's not believable because I don't like it
Stop, just stop.
>>
>>100316834
so are you telling me that anybody saw this coming? have you ever heard someone say "hmm renjis bankai is really shitty, maybe his zanpakuto spirit lied to him, maybe its not his full name or something?"?
>>
>>100316933
Kubo straight out said that Renji would be getting an upgrade to his bankai this arc during the break previews before the Final Arc started. We all knew, or at least all of us who didn't start posting on /a/ a week ago.
>>
File: RepeatReboot-2-3.gif (541.52 KB, 1800x1292)
541.52 KB
541.52 KB GIF
>>100317084
>Bottom right corner:
>Kubo: The form of Renji's bankai has already changed
>>
>>100317084
im aware. whats your point? thats not what i asked. its an asspull, hes just making shit up to change up characters that got stale. so back to the original question: have you ever heard someone actually speculate on this? no? didnt think so, because there was little to nothing to back up this change. hes just making stuff up as he goes
>>
>>100317557
you can literally say that about any change any author makes in any form of writing ever.

There was an established premise that the spirits are affected by how their names are called. And they have never been shown to be mindless tools used by the shinigami. It's entirely possible that his could have lied to him. This isn't some shit like HURR DURR RENJI IS ACTUALLY A HALF DEMON FALLEN GOD WHO HAD HIS POWERS SEALED AND NOW THEY ARE UNSEALED AND BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH that came from nowhere.
>>
>>100317557
> have you ever heard someone actually speculate on this? no? didnt think so, because there was little to nothing to back up this change

Why does it matter if someone predicted that outcome? Even if someone had, your argument would just change to "wow kubo is so predictable 0/10".
>because there was little to nothing to back up this change
Renji had rushed to complete his Bankai. He had lost and damaged his Bankai, so it not respecting him as a warrior was very likely. Yumichika could release his Zanpakuto with an alternate name to hinder its power; the reverse of this would be a Zanpakuto hiding it's power by not giving it's true name.

And as stated here:>>100316550
the two way nature of the Shinigami/Zan relationship has always been based on the name. Since before Soul Society, even. SO I ask you again, how has this not been backed up except by your own ignorance of the source material?
>>
>>100317557
He got us again, there were precedents and hints everywhere.
Kubo dameeee~
>>
>>100318124
Incoming damage control?
>>
>>100318124
Of course he did, faggot, have you not read the origin of the "bleach levels" joke? He writes twists in different ways: obvious, not so obvious, concealed, damn near impossible without help.
>>
>>100317948
there are different degrees to this stuff, and this one was pretty poor. zangetsu for example. i didnt much care for that, and whether or not kubo planned it is irrelevant, but if you look back through bleach you would find a bunch of little hints and ambiguous things about zangetsu. all the shit the hollow said, the strange nature of ichigo's powers and so forth.
so where is any of that with renji? if there is something legit ive missed then please point it out, but this seems really lazy
>>100317995
>Renji had rushed to complete his Bankai. He had lost and damaged his Bankai, so it not respecting him as a warrior was very likely
you know that would make sense, but this has not been an issue or even brought up since what, fuckin soul society arc? if that was an ongoing issue with renji or something, then i probably wouldnt be saying this stuff
>>
>>100318181
I need some way to feel less violated.
>>
>>100318317
Newsflash: if Renji was the main character, we'd have known, because you don't focus on that kind of thing for a side character.
>>
>>100318317
Except that one faggot calls him sword a different name just to piss it off so it doesn't use its true powers and his friends don't think he's a bigger faggot.

The bald guy had to wait for his bankai to wake the fuck up before it used it's full power.

Kenpachi's sword refused to speak to him for whatever reason.

I'm probably forgetting more examples

If the swords were mindless tools incapable of lying or free will then you wouldn't see any of this shit.
>>
>>100318515
i meant examples hinting about the nature of renji's incomplete bankai
>>
>>100318317
It was stated in this arc, by Mayuri, that a damaged Bankai can never fully regain it's true strength without proper repairs. Is this a retcon? Yes, but it doesn't directly conflict with previous info, and supports the need for Renji to "remake" his Bankai. If you have no issue with Bach having been Zangetsu all along, I don't know why this is any different.

Besides, did Zabimaru really change that much? It has a sword-mouth and a baboon arm; those were the only major changes.
>>
>>100318592
Being weak as fuck and laughting matter of this imageboard for long years is reason enough?
It's for me.
>>
>>100318592
His bankai was already confirmed to be damaged.

Also, would you give all your power to some fuck who keeps getting his ass kicked, or used a hax method to gain bankai, a power that is supposed to be gained through years of training with your sword's spirit? Fuck no you wouldn't.
>>
>>100306217
His Shikai was a giant fish knife, your argument is invalid. You should've mentioned his bankai instead.
>>
>>100319151
>>100318962
Give it a rest guys, he's already turned tail and ran.

Anyways, I'm really happy with Renji's new finisher. Baboon Bone Cannon was just a generic energy blast, while Serpent Fang Cannon at least seems to require close range to work effectively.
>>
>>100319574
>baboon bone cannon
>serpent fang cannon
Huh. It's probably more effective because it's not just generic LASER BEAM, it's some kind of heat-based power.
>>
>>100319548
But both are correct; the size of Zangetsu compared to it's unnamed state isn't smaller but it's definitely sleeker and more refined, and black usually equals higher reiatsu density in Bleach. Tensa Zangetsu multiplies that even further, both in regards to his sword and his clothing.
>>
>>100319574
I liked the giant arm.

It's either going to go two ways though, the giant arm will be too slow to grapple anyone who isn't a retard, or it'll actually be an effective weapon.
>>
>>100318962
you know that will never change. im betting he jobs on the next opponent he fights
>>
>>100319685
We'll probably have to wait until next week for someone to properly explain it; I don't mind another heat/flame based power but it does seem like we've been getting a lot of them recently.
>>100319819
I agree; alternatively I was considering whether the arm could "grab" the snake tail portion for a more effective version of the classic Hihio Zabimaru style (to counterbalance Orochi). At the very least, Renji has options now instead of "hope I can hit something with this giant snake" strategy.
>>
So if Renji's Banki is this different, what's Ichigo's going to be like? Will it be a paired bankai like Shunsui's? What if they're separate because of his half-everything status?

I'd be cool with it being the same, but as a daisho
>>
>>100319900
If that next opponent is Ywach or Haschvald, you're probably right.

Personally, I'm hoping for a setup where Renji/Rukia have to fight The Royal Guard but my Kubovision has been a bit hazy as of late.
>>
>>100320256
Fuck that used to piss me off so bad

HURR DURR ILL TRY THROWING THIS GIANT SNAKE AT THEM AGAIN

PLS GOD DON'T MOVE PLS PLS PLS PLS FUCK HE MOVED
>>
>>100320392
Welp, I'm laughing so fucking hard right now.
>>
Am I missing the main Bleach thread or something today? Seems like all the threads I've seen have been ded or small, usually on release day we reach the limit on multiple threads.
>>
>>100320584
People just aren't fond of Renji powerup, at least now we can focus the story somewhere else, I hope.
>>
>>100320702
>not thinking it's refreshing to see a character who usually gets his shit kicked in doing something
>>
>>100320750
Refreshing, maybe. Do I feel the urge to speculate and write a shitton of things on /a/ because of that? Not really.
>>
>>100320584
most of the content since that hiatus 6 months ago has been pretty redundant and boring. nothing big has happened until today. i think maybe a lot of people are a bit disappointed with bleach. hopefully that will change soon
>>
>>100320264
Renji's Bankai is paired because of two aspects of his nature: the snake (which I think representing aspiration, violence, wanting to defeat Byakuya) and the baboon (which is more of a protective instinct, i.e. protecting his comrades/ Rukia).

As for Ichigo, I'm still not entirely sure. His "original" Zanpakuto seems to be the slightly trimmed down version of Zangetsu-shikai, which represents his Hollow. The second, smaller blade is worn at his waist (like a traditional zan) is what was being suppressed by OMZ/Bach. If the first sword stems from White (a hollow), the second could be inspired by his father (true shinigami), his mother (Quincy), or a combination of the two.
>>
>>100320837
Or maybe it's because it's been on hiatus since December?
>>
>>100320837

Well we just saw a refreshing villain get executed in four moves because someone told Renji to add another word to his bankai, so I'd understand if people came away disappointed.
>>
>>100320584
No Rukia in this chapter besides the cover, so it's not really important. I thought Renji's powerup was pretty cool since he was a piece of shit before.
>>
>mfw next week Renji activates bankai....version 2 and all the bleachfags fucking lap it up.
>n-n-n-n-no it all makes perfect sense.
This series is now literally nothing but asspull powerup after asspull powerup.

Just goes to show how much of a shit-tier writer Kubo is, he clearly didn't plan any of this shit out before hand and is just making it up as he goes along.
>>
>>100321122

Renji wasn't shit tier, but he was kept at jobber tier for the longest time because he hung around Ichigo so damn much and thats what happens when you hang around Ichigo a lot.
>>
>>100321318
>jobber tier
We've used the term "jobber/jobbing/ect." so much in the past month or so that it's basically lost all meaning. It made sense with Renji, but now two Visards lose a fight and are now jobbers, Komamura wins a fight but he's still a jobber... are people so unwilling to accept that even strong characters can lose?
>>
>>100321487

>guise can we pls not use a term now because muh feelings

shut up
>>
File: renji in battle.png (82.31 KB, 599x600)
82.31 KB
82.31 KB PNG
>>100320392
>>100320455
Just for you.
>>
>>100321487
>>100321559

it is annoying. we're not wwefags from /sp/ after all
>>
>>100321559
He has a point, though.
>>
>>100321559
I was only joking but you're actually from /v/ aren't you? Buzzwords only make discussion less interesting and encourage shitposters such as yourself, so you should probably stay out of this.
>>
i might need to read it again but wasn't there a quick flash of the skull being placed on renji's arm and then the blade emerging?

isn't it possible he can put the skull on different parts and achieve different configurations?
just sayin that'd be cool
>>
>>100321156
>This series is now literally nothing but asspull powerup after asspull powerup.
>now
tbf it was asspull powerup after asspull powerup and kurosaki-kun after kurosaki-kun
>>
>>100321557
It's... actually true.
>Byakuya
>Ylford
>not Syazel but he raped Renji's organs anyway
>>
>>100321989
He actually managed to ensnare Szayel, though. With only his Shikai, no less.
>>
>>100321943
Well considering it went from straight sword to toothed sword, you're part right, but I don't know what you mean by "put the skull on different parts"?
>>
>>100322240
Yeah, but that's because relative to his Bankai before this chapter, his Shikai was arguably the better weapon. I'd prefer a smaller, faster sword with long reach than one that can be either dodged or broken before it makes contact, but that's just me.
>>
James not dead
Resurrection next chapter
>>
>>100322420
James is kill if Superstar is kill.
>>
>>100322260
i could of sworn when we first saw the skull it had no blade at all, then the blade came out. that makes me think when the form is first summoned, it's just a skull.
by other parts, i mean maybe renji could wear the skull as a gauntlet, knee gaurd, or possibly even helmet and acquire variations of the abilities we saw in this chapter
>>
>>100322663
At the end of the previous chapter, the sword was clearly on the handle/snake head, but there was a lot of fog so Kubo maybe decided to redraw it? I don't see the utility of attaching the skull to anywhere but his hand, especially since it's one of the strongest reiatsu outlets and symbolizes the bond between sword/Shiniagimi (ex. Ichigo, Aizen deicide fight).
>>
>>100322663
just checked, MS's page 7.

renji seems to set it on his arm before is takes the configuration he used this week
>>
>>100322663
>>100322909
Maybe it's like Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. That Hall of Swords thing appears, then disappears into petals.
>>
>>100305996
Because it's not the size it's how you use it
>>
>>100320887
so since this guy can just tell people their sword's real names without needing it to be a voluntary thing from the sword's end can't he just hand out bankai to anyone/everyone? Rukia bankai confirmed?
>>
>>100322595

how

why superstar not heal right now
>>
>>100307022
>Bankai
he still sorta is. Ichigo's is just the size of a sword, save yamamoto(kinda) everyone else's is larger than a sword
>>
>>100323163
Potentially he could, but few Shinigami ever enter the royal realm, and simply knowing the name of your Bankai isn't the same as using it effectively.
>>100323223
Mask killed James in his own explosion.
>>
>>100323223
They're the same being, that was easy to convey.
I've actually said it once or twice on the past chapter thread.
>>
>>100315119

Hmm, who all has had bankai?

>12 starting captains
>4 vizard captains
>Ikkaku, Renji, Sasakibe
>Ichigo
>Urahara, Yoruichi
>Ginjo
>5 Royal Guards
>Isshin

That's 29, 2 of whom are now dead. Anybody I'm forgetting?
>>
>>100323470
no one apparently uses their bankai efficientyl, other than that one time Byakuya tried to kill Ichigo and failed. Obviously what's-his-face won't be giving anyone else bankai, but Rukia was already there to see him, that was what I was getting at.
>>
>>100306535
It was completely restored, he was already nerfed after fighting Byakuya on the rescue arc
>>
>>100323163
>so since this guy can just tell people their sword's real names without needing it to be a voluntary thing from the sword's end can't he just hand out bankai to anyone/everyone? Rukia bankai confirmed?

Knowing the name is only a small part of using it. It probably doesn't help at all unless you're already about ready to learn it.
>>
>>100323988
Wow good job anon, that's like a whole 0.002% difference!
>>100324060
Rukia will get Bankai because her fanbase requires it. Plus, being a VC means that chances are she's been working on her bankai for at least a year or so. But
>no one apparently uses their bankai efficientyl
Kind of a far-reaching statement, eh? Generally the point of a "final release" is that it's only used in dire straits, thus they tend to be hit-or-miss depending on the opponent.
>>
I like how Kubo has practically distracted everyone before a more powerful Byakuya comes back and makes him look smalltime
>>
>>100324490
>Wow good job anon, that's like a whole 0.002% difference!

Difference from what? All I'm trying to do is remember who has bankai. I can only assume that your overreaction means that you inexplicably interpreted this as an attack.
>>
>>100324581
It's been a rough day.
>>
>Bleach will never again be like the first 30 chapters with Ichigo and Rukia on ghost busting adventures with Kon and friends as comedic relief in a manga that is mostly humourous with a few serious moments thrown in

;_;
>>
>>100325361
>implying you'd actually read some shitty monster of the week series
>>
>>100325361
Good. That would get incredibly boring after 50 chapters or so.
>>
File: 17.jpg (106.44 KB, 800x1095)
106.44 KB
106.44 KB JPG
But who was sword?
>>
>>100320887
it's gonna be a shotgun
>>
>>100306166
first off, it's not that it CAN'T, it's that the beam shot has turned into a different type of energy attack. The BITE we saw cut through masks's midsection, which means the explosion happened at the point of the blade's contact.
>>
>>100312169
Thanks for posting this clean version, anon.
>>
>>100319685
>it's some kind of heat-based power.
Where are people getting that it's heat based?
the fact that he's charred?
that happens from any energy attack. Lightning chars people
>>
>>100326485
Getsuga did too. Basically reiatsu in all form burns.

It's most likely either inside-out reiatsu pumping, or he uses blade as a focus point for external reiatsu crash.
>>
>>100308331
Well OMG Bankai must have been a bit smaller than Shikai.
Also Byakuya didn't even mention the trueform of his own Bankai in that regard.
>>
>>100308532
Yama gets visited by Ouetsu who is allowed to take a tiny piece out of Yama's sword.
>>
File: reaction-rukia6.jpg (68 KB, 600x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>tfw this stupid fight is over
>tfw we're closer to seeing Rukia
>>
>>100322841
what im imagining is renji wearing the snake skull as a helmet and freeing up a hand to hold the snake tail, maybe a blade tip sprouts from the end for a whip, giving him back long range attack capability.
im just saying versatility was what renji's old bankai was sorely lacking (or just wasn't employed), so seeing a new tech-heavy renji would keep him away from the jobber-block as long as possible.
>>
>>100305996
Same reason why Yama's almost endless fire is insane when focused on his body or the edge of his blade
>>
>>100315760
3000 were alone wiped on the second quincy attack
>>
>>100316063
Well Byakuya had a compression form that compressed all his powers, which could have been said to be similar to ZnT in that regard.
>>
>>100315361
each of the 13 divisions have 20 seated members plus around 200 unseated members
that means that the gotei (which, as far as we can tell, are the only branch that actually uses shikai and bankai) has 2600 plus 260, which puts it at 2860 when normally filled. However because it's a military, this has some ebb and flow and they usually stand around 3000

the first invasion killed around 2400 shinigami, leaving their total forces at around 600, or 45 per division, give or take.

So essentially, the shinigami that survived the first wave are either very resiliant or very lucky.
>>
>>100315924
if you actually read, what was saying was that zabimaru hadn't felt renji matured enough to use it's full bankai power, so it was giving him a weak version. Basically he took the right side of the bankai and let renji only use that.

It's not that surprising, as it was said many, MANY times that bankais change over time until the user has had a decade or more to perfect it.

Hell, even Yamamoto's canonically changed over time.
>>
>>100325795
For the last time, its Grimmjow and Kubo wants us to know.
>>
>>100328058

>I'll give you a weaker version of myself so you can job and possibly get killed in the process instead of winning with my full power

brilliant logic
>>
>>100327048
That's fine, you can have your own interpretation of what Souou Zabimaru could do, and I'm sure he has at least a few more tricks up is sleeve, although I doubt he'll venture too far from melee as his main style or combat.
>>
>>100328361
Renji never would have beat Byakuya, especially if he was just learning Bankai. By your logic everyone should have Bankai despite neither deserving it or knowing how to use it properly; it would be more hindrance than help.
>>
>>100328361
He would die trying to kill Byakuya anyway.
>>
>>100328361
you have to remember that the zanpakuto is also a reflection of the self
It wasn't until Renji reunited with Rukia and had his character growth that he started to understand his true self.

That true self is the dual nature. His precise, cold, effective side that we saw with him against Jackie, and later in the first half of the Mask fight, and the wildchild side which we saw when he first met Ichigo, as well as a few other fights.

Renji is a complex personality. He's got one side that's all like Ichigo, and one side that's all like Rukia (strictly combat personality I mean)

Which is why he's the bridge between their friendship.
>>
File: 14.png (338.34 KB, 900x1300)
338.34 KB
338.34 KB PNG
huh. So his baboon skull just moved to the back, along with his fur.
What I can't figure out is when he goes into orochioh mode, where does the tail come out of? it clearly doesn't come out of the skull, there's already vertebrae going up his arm. Maybe it just comes out from under the fur on his back?
>>
>>100329206
>strictly combat personality
>Rukia
what
>>
File: 1387258859061.jpg (117.43 KB, 492x492)
117.43 KB
117.43 KB JPG
>>100305996

Because smaller = stronger in Bleach.

>mfw Kubo has a "size" issue
>>
>>100329312
The Heart. That's the answer to all "how does this work in a physics sense?" questions.
>>
>>100329329
Rukia, in battle, is extremely cool and aloof, much like byakuya.

Renji has shown that attitude from time to time, when he's confident.

Remember that rukia's extremely confident in her fighting abilities, so it makes sense.

Before Renji helped rescue Rukia, he was always trying to fight to be strong enough to prove he was worth her. He always had Byakuya as his goal.

But in the post-aizen world, it's safe to say that Renji gained Byakuya's respect greatly. Afterall, he was fairly confident in Renji's ability to fight As Nodt with bankai (until Byakuya realized that bankais were not sealed, but stolen)

Renji also kept that level head during much of the Szayel fight.

Speaking of, I think that fight shows exactly why Renji needed to gain strength before using this form of zabimaru. We saw Renji nearly waste himself by having an up close explosion against Szayel. Renji started as almost exclusively long range, but we've seen him really embrace long and short range tactics since then.

It's safe to say that point blank explosions like his attacks are something Renji had to get stronger to handle.
>>
>>100329312
Looks like it comes out of the back of the snake head. Baboon on one arm, snake on the other.
>>
>>100303882
Shaman King called, Yoh wants White Swan back.
>>
<3
>>
>>100331259
the hair always looks terrible in rukia cosplay. cute though
>>
File: 16.png (251.59 KB, 899x1300)
251.59 KB
251.59 KB PNG
>>100330151
yeah, but it doesn't.
here you can clearly see that it runs up the length of his arm under the shoulderpads.
Of course, on the next page the tail doesnt even exist.
>>
>>100331467
The tail wraps around Renji's torso.
>>100329973
>Afterall, he was fairly confident in Renji's ability to fight As Nodt with bankai
Actually, the exact opposite was the case; Byakuya chose to fight Nodt because he thought Renji wasn't strong enough.
>>
>>100331311
That's because they always try to go for the exact shape, instead of extrapolating "What hairstyle is this based off of?"
>>
interesting to note, eveyrone that has seen ichigos hollow side.................i mean quincy side?bach side----sorta? has gotten a powerup or seems to be getting one.

hanataro is coming.....
>>
>>100331203
KUBO!!
>>
>>100332583
>Visards
>Urahara and co.
>Nel

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
>>
>>100325795

Really? I don't think there's anyone here in /a/ that hasn't figured it's Grimmjow. It's obvious. Stop trolling.
>>
>jobber beats a jobber

Now that Renji got his moment it's time to job to the next opponent so we know that guy is serious. let's say that person is Ishida.
After that we will probably never see Renji again.
>>
File: 2d2826x.jpg.png (92.95 KB, 500x474)
92.95 KB
92.95 KB PNG
>>100332736
vizards have been holding back cause kubo
urahara and co have never shown true power
nel a shit

kubo "u love mai writing" tite is at it again.
>>
>>100332288
>The tail wraps around Renji's torso.
you can see in >>100329312
that this is not true. He has a spin-motive belt that hangs from his torso, but there's nothing connected to it.

Now, it's possible the tail grows from there, but given the movement and size in >>100331467
it doesn't seem right.
>>
>>100332861
I dunno, I don't think Ishida will face Renji.
If anything, Chad will face Ishida.
>>
>>100333249

Chad is completely irrelevant.
Ishida needs to go against someone stronger so he's established as a badass.
Defeating Chad is hardly impressive.
>>
Currently renji should be able to defeat all the espada. But I am not sure barragan and ulquiorra R2
>>
>>100333158
No, the belt it the tail, it just looks different because of the angle. Same bone pattern that starts at Renji's arm; it changes from a belt to the tail once he activates "Orochi Ou". Reread the chapter and you can trace it as Renji moves.

>>100333090
Never get tired of shitposting, do you?
>>
Currently renji should be able to defeat all the espada. But I am not sure whether he can beat barragan and ulquiorra R2 or not?
>>
>>100333602
and how did you come to that conclusion? theres really no way to know.
>>
Wow Renjis banksi isn't a useless, overly hard to use pile of crap anymore.
>>
>>100333767
You think current renji will still have trouble against the espada?
>>
>>100333865
the espada were powerful, especially the top 4. i think maybe yes he would have trouble with them, especially barragan and ulquiorra as you mentioned. stark as well. it is too hard to compare power levels in a situation like this
>>
File: image.jpg (325.25 KB, 1820x1300)
325.25 KB
325.25 KB JPG
I mean look at it.
>>
>>100333602
9, easily.
8, don't know how he fucked up so badly to begin with.
7, Renji's not really renowned for his speed so he might have some trouble.
6, yes but not counting post-TS training by Grimmjow (he's sword deal with it).
5, highly likely.
4(2), close to equal standing but I think Renji has the edge
3, same as above
2, can't really find a way around the miasma but there could be a loophole
1, no. Starrk's reiatsu was catastrophic, and Renji is not quite Shunsui levels of broken.

All in all I'd put Renji between Espada 2 and 4 in terms of current powerlevel, although we have yet to see him go all out with Souou.
>>
>>100333569

keep crying shitposting you might get it right some day.

im just glad that zabimaru finally revealed his true name to renji now that he has proven himself by getting his ass kicked and taking a hot bath.
>>
>>100333963
What in the hell is that thing on his shoulder of the baboon arm? It looks like a sphincter!
>>
>>100334012
I've been trying to figure that out all day, and now I'm starting to think it has the same bone pattern as his belt/tail... I'm guessing it's congruent with the rest of his bankai?

Snake Head/ Hand > Right Arm > Left Arm/ Shoulder (Monkey's paw) > Belt?

The hard part is the fact that the shape changes slightly when he switches to Orochi Ou... honestly 10 panels wasn't enough.
>>
Rukia bankai will be also be incomplete but she will use some new kido with her bankai for some awesome combination.
>>
Rukia bankai will also be incomplete but she will use some new kido with her bankai for some awesome combination.
>>
so does this mean ichigo's current power level is godlike strong?
>>
So why didn't Bark Bark just compress his bankai.

Im sure he could have avoided needing to take his heart out if he just made Cocky Joe Tengu Meow about his size, then double teamed the nazi slut.
>>
>>100333963
Jesus christ, look at the size of his arms.
>>
>>100334675
It'll need to be if he's going to go toe-to-toe with the Spirit King. He might not be there yet, I'm predicting his bouts with Haschvald and Ywach will force Ichigo into unleashing his 100% before he starts messing with the lord of all souls.
>>
>>100333963
his left hand looks shrunken
>>
>>100334787
>>100334869
I think Kubo actually fucked up on the art here, goddamn his arms look tiny.
>>
>>100306386

Sort of walking on air and moving through it more than flying flying.
>>
I don't like Ichigo's new zanpakuto. It looks like a fucking kitchen knife.
>>
>>100335014
Oh shit, this guy's from 2003!
Whatever you do, buy stock in Apple as soon as you can. Also avoid anyone named Madoff.
>>
>>100307298

His heat is just a side effect, the "problem" most actually powerful Bankais have (Shunsui's and Urahara's not being even wanted to be so much as exposed, possibly Aizen's, etc, all of those have something that fuck the user or everything). His Bankai itself was at most the "Sun Flames" he was clad in, the very sword and that's it, since the other tech's were, well, tech's (The zombies were also an effect)
>>
>>100308142

I think those were only big ass jumps though, Vizard(Hollow) forms and all. Refresh me if I'm wrong though.
>>
>>100308532

Nah, probably the SĂ´kyoku has the strength of a thousand Asauchis, all merged and shit in the Phoenix itself that was the blade. Ouetsu himself said that Zanpakutous (Asauchis) were basically Hollows merged/forged into weapons.
>>
>>100335181
T-Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>100333963
It's small enough to actually allow him to fight properly now.
>>
>>100312167

> Nue

Mh?
>>
>>100313664

Hitsugaya showed it, as Hyourinmaru turned into a hollow dragon, basically. All Zanpakutous are monsters or conceptual beings, so their existance as actual Hollows(-like) is not a surprise.
>>
How is being burned out the outside worse than getting exploded from the inside?
>>
>>100304074
Why are you apologizing for your own opinion?
>>
>>100316751

> Kenpachi
> Making sense generally

Nope, sorry. 0/1
>>
>>100316933

Why should you be able to see it coming? Spoonfeeding every detail and thing to the readers and viewers is not an author's reponsibility. It's called narrative styles. Know it.
>>
>>100317557

Not because someone speculates means it has to happen. Most viewers are morons anyway, you put yourself too high and fandoms as well. Real fans who get answers or possibilities right don't even state them openly because they know they could fail. And they do mostly because being surprised by a work is part of its charm.
>>
>>100318218

It's like these guys are new on their own will or something
>>
>>100336279
maybe not the unconscious restraints, but the bit about his zanpakuto makes perfect sense
>>100336328
its called an asspull. there was no detail or anything to spoonfeed. kubo just made up that now people can achieve bankai without even knowing their zanpakutos name.
>>
>>100318317

An author doesn't fucking have to explain a thing before for it to happen or be legitimate.
>>
>>100336585
of course not, but stuff like that can sometimes separate good writing from bad writing. kubo is not the greatest writer and lately it has really shown
>>
File: Nue_by_gegebo.jpg (57.44 KB, 500x500)
57.44 KB
57.44 KB JPG
>>100335728
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nue
>>
>>100336555
It was already established you could have partial power by saying the wrong name, that Renji's sword was broken and he was getting a new one, and that the monk dude was going to tell him Zabimaru's true name.
>>
>>100336669
You still haven't shown why he's a bad writer.
Writers can add new things to their stories and it isn't bad writing as long as it doesn't contradict or clash with anything that came before it.

Zanpakuto are literally people too: they have their own wants, desires, goals and choices. The whole need for Jinzen is that everyone seems to hate their Zanpakuto and in the beginning (because they're seeing their own character flaws reflected back at them), and the feelings are mutual.
If a Zanpakuto can choose to accept multiple commands, to respond to multiple names differently, to not talk at all, to finally talk, to withhold techniques from their users, and to relent and teach the techniques, it can sure as shit choose to not tell you its full name.
>>
>>100311585

That's not Sakura from nuruutu
>>
>>100337087
Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1364556806003.jpg (238.75 KB, 553x700)
238.75 KB
238.75 KB JPG
>>100334807
Is he really lord of ALL souls or just Japans?
>>
>>100336959
i dont think hes a terrible writer, but he does a lot of dumb things i think. everything you said about the zanpakuto i agree with, but how often did we see renji's relationship with his zanpakuto be an issue? back in SS arc yeah, but that was years ago. maybe if now and then we saw renji struggle with it or something to indicate hes still having trouble then it would be fine. but kubo just pulled this out with no setup or anything
>>
>>100337414
Renji is not the main character.
>>
>>100337474
whats your point? how is that an excuse for keeping the reader in the dark about a character?
>>
>>100337627
Do you not know how fiction works? The author reveals what he wants to reveal, when he wants to reveal it. We didn't see everything for Renji, but we saw enough.
>>
>>100337627
He's not the focus. Ichigo is, and guess what? His powers lied to him and withheld information, just like Renji's were doing.
>>
>>100337853
>but we saw enough
but we didnt. this is what im talking about in my previous post
> how often did we see renji's relationship with his zanpakuto be an issue? back in SS arc yeah, but that was years ago. maybe if now and then we saw renji struggle with it or something to indicate hes still having trouble then it would be fine
i find it hard to believe that kubo would not have been able to find a few pages during all those years to show some internal struggle with renji

yes the author does what he wants, but once again that does not mean its always going to be good
>>
File: 19.png (221.04 KB, 900x1300)
221.04 KB
221.04 KB PNG
>>100333569
>No, the belt it the tail,
the more I look at it, the more I am convinced it's actually coming out from under the fur.

basically the spine goes up renji's arm, under the fur, and then drapes down his back.
>>
>>100333421
but Chad is getting an unspecified power up in hueco mundo
Ishida will go up agianst Chad and Orihime for the FEELS of it all, and defeat but not kill them

it's how they'll know he's secretly on their side.

It'll be a great way to showcase everyone's new abilities, and get character development.
>>
>>100337928
indeed but there were at least some hints. all the strange things his "hollow" said, his hollow trying to gain control(though that also makes sense if he was just a hollow), the strange nature of ichigos powers.

plenty of side characters in bleach have a little depth to them. its not like everyone but the main character has to be flat, thats just ridiculous
>>
>>100337947
Renji rushed through the bankai process and never got along with his zanpakuto, then it broke and we all knew he was learning a new bankai name.
>>
Kenpachis bankai better be good and not some rocket dildo
>>
>>100305996
>A bankai must be gigantic to be powerful
Only Byakuya believes that shit
>>
>>100338078
>all the strange things his "hollow" said
All things only Ichigo could hear.
>his hollow trying to gain control
Something only Ichigo and few else knew about.
>the strange nature of ichigos powers.
A struggle for Ichigo, and none else.
These are things we know and the manga focuses on because he's the main character.
>>100337947
He didn't know he had a struggle, dipshit. That's what happens when someone is lying to you for years, you think everything's fine, then the truth comes out and holy shit, everything wasn't.
>Any betrayal you can see is trivial, what is truly frightening and much more lethal is the betrayal you cannot see.
And lookie here, seems we had just that with Ichigo: the Old Man was lying to him for years, Ichigo assumed he was telling the truth and thought everything was hunkydory, the only real struggles he had ended up ingraining the lie deeper into his subconscious, except for the last one which brought the truth and out, and then had a real struggle to determine what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>100337947
Don't you remember that whole Asauchi training where the asauchi were mad at Renji and Ichigo because they didn't know how to use their zanpaktou?
>>
>>100338344
whats your point about the ichigo stuff? the reader knew, thats what we're talking about here
>He didn't know he had a struggle, dipshit. That's what happens when someone is lying to you for years, you think everything's fine, then the truth comes out and holy shit, everything wasn't.
yes, and its terrible writing because it comes off as an asspull
>>
>>100338473
>i see it as an asspull
>therefore it must be
Didn't know God posted on 4chan. At least he's not a tripfag
>>
>>100333974
>7, Renji's not really renowned for his speed so he might have some trouble.
that was pre-RG training
he sidestepped the already surprisingly quick mask when the attack first started. And in retrospect, zommari wasn't THAT fast. And as I believe renji pointed out when he first faced byakuya, you don't have to be as fast as your opponent, only fast enough to react.
as for barrigan I'd think the answer would be obvious. soi fong still damaged him, so there's obviously some limits to what he can do. If renji could actually land a blow like he did with mask, and the eruption happens at the wound, barrigan wouldn't have much of a chance.

Also, I assume one of the main reasons he feared aizen is because pure reiatsu can defend against the miasma.

As for starrk, I think you have a point... except mask' fight was almost EXACTLY the same as starrks, in terms of constantly fighting multiple opponents

I imagine that if shunsui had gone bankai, the fight would have gone even more similar.

Not saying that Renji is shunsui level, but you have to admit, Mask is clearly stronger than Starrk.
>>
File: 1377452653197.jpg (116.49 KB, 578x578)
116.49 KB
116.49 KB JPG
>>100338375
I wish I had a zanpaktou
>>
>>100338532
look through the threads, im not speaking for myself. but i have to go to bed, so i cant discuss this anymore
>>
File: 1363519122684.jpg (919.23 KB, 1114x1527)
919.23 KB
919.23 KB JPG
>Renji's zanpakto's theme is that it extends in order for him to reach out for his desires
>Renji gets a power up with new bankai that comes with a giant hand
>He can now grasp what he desires

Sasuga Renji
>>
>>100335433
I think the sokyoku is actually the giant wooden structure AND the blade.
>>
>>100338205
>kenpachis bankai is literally putting every single bit of his bankai reiatsu into one sword swing
>he swings it once and the entire quincy army is completely decimated
>>
>>100338611
>extendable snake sword
>all he could do was reach for it
>extendable baboon hand
>now he can actually grab it
Kubo'd again.
>>
>>100338611
It's not just reaching out for his desires, it's setting (seemingly) impossible goals for himself.
>My crazy strong captain? I'm going to beat him one day.
>Only 3 days to make Bankai? I'll do it in 2.
>I've been training to fight Aizen.
>Even though no one thinks I can hack it, I'm going to complete every step of the RG training, and do it before Ichigo.
>>
>>100338115
everything you said except for rushing to get bankai is false
>>
>>100305996
The ancient art of folding Japanese katana 1000 times to make it superior to paltry European broadswords.
>>
>>100304074

he was the only person in bleach that i think had an interesting power.

now i just want to see ichigo fuck shit up.
>>
>>100339978
>he was the only person in bleach that i think had an interesting power.
>his power is literally being a shonen protagonist getting cheered from the sidelines by his useless friends who nevertheless always seem to survive
>>
>>100340076

...and?
>>
>>100339899
zanpakuto are not made of folded metal
>>
So did Renji evolve from Krillin to Vegeta? Or is he only still about a Piccolo?
>>
>>100340148
And you think that's interesting? Just being unabashedly one-third-of-the-complaints-about-DBZ?
Not Book of the End? Or Katen Kyototsu? Or the Shunshunrikka?
>>100340237
He's Piccolo now. Grimmjow will be our Vegeta.
>>
>http://www.goodreads.com/search?q=kubo&search%5Bsource%5D=goodreads&search_type=quotes&tab=quotes
They're using THAT picture. Ha.
>>
>>100340341
>Just being unabashedly one-third-of-the-complaints-about-DBZ?
Yea, although there seem to be technical differences between them.

I don't understand the problem here.
>>
>>100340467
It honestly baffles me how you could think no other power in Bleach is interesting.
Is The Superstar an interesting power? Sure, in a "I read DBZ and know about Speedwagon, let's poke fun at them" kind of way.
Is it the only interesting power? No.
>>
>>100340582
>Sure, in a "I read DBZ and know about Speedwagon, let's poke fun at them" kind of way.
Yea.

>Is it the only interesting power?
It's opinion. Every other power makes me roll my eyes.
>>
>>100315863
Not the guy you replied to, but he's not nitpicking. He's literally just pointing out that there has been more than just this instance of a sword not revealing their true name. And think about it, Zanpakuto have their own spirits. Renji forced his out of his sword prematurely, so naturally, it's safe to assume that Zabimaru wasn't too thrilled that Renji was shortcutting to learning bankai.
>>
>>100340630
>Every other power makes me roll my eyes.
Found a picture of you.
>>
>>100340706
I'm not being edgy. The hell.
>>
>>100340431
>http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/436617-the-heart
HA
>>
>>100340688
false.

renji reached materialization on his own. zabimaru walked into bankai cheat training on his own 2 feet. their relationship was ALWAYS fine. all of what y'all are saying is bs.

now, if you want to say that not telling renji his full name was a mischievous jab for agreeing to the cheat, it'd be easier to swallow
>>
>>100303882
when ichigo first shows his bankai to byakuya, he states that no one has ever had a small bankai and its an insult or whatever.

how many people have small bankais now?
ichigo
renji
one of the viazard captains that big star took out
>>
File: 19.jpg (189.72 KB, 890x1287)
189.72 KB
189.72 KB JPG
>>100340958
>their relationship was ALWAYS fine
That's not what Oetsu thinks.
>>
>>100340958
you might have forgotten that when zabimaru came to renji in prison, renji comments that it's been a long time since they talked.

Renji had been ignoring him
>>
>>100312169
Is it bad if I want put my hand on her cheek and kiss her?
>>
>>100314976

you gotta maximize p=mv and decrease the time it takes to transfer momentum
>>
the soukyoku is a shit ton of souls removed from the cycle isnt it
>>
>>100341210
It's probably a just a minor retcon by Kubo, but perhaps by small Byakuya meant subtle? Ichigo's bankai made his sword smaller and raised his physical output. Not really that flashy, but gets the job done.

Everything else is pretty flashy, even Renji's current one. Giant monkey arm that has the strength to crush Vollstandig Mask's arm, snake head arm protector that tanked Mask's star beam, and giant snake head that torched Mask. That's pretty flashy in my opinion.

Kensei's is flashy because it blows things the fuck up.
>>
Well look at the bankais of the captains Byakuya knew about. Komamura had a giant warrior, and his revamped bankai just got rid of the armor. Soi Fon got a fuckhuge missile from her small shikai two hit kill weapon. Byakuya's own bankai had a billion petals, a thousand goddamn swords, and a focused sword with halo condensed version. He had just seen Renji's bankai earlier and it was a giant snake skeleton. Tousen's bankai was a giant black field that cut off the sense of sight. Yamamoto's bankai had several forms, one of which was condensed power. Mayuri had some giant centipede. Aizen faked her shikai and bankai to be some water attack and a mist that confused hollows into attacking one another. Ice faggot got a giant ice dragon thing as his bankai. Gin's sword supposedly got super extendable.

What are you guys actually talking about? Kensei had a fucking dagger to begin with, and then became knuckles. Yamamoto wasn't just a condensed type and had several effects. And Rukia's ice powers have several "dances" I think in her shikai form? Barely anyone's Bankai was smaller! Renji's Zanpakto had two distinct animal motifs, I wouldn't be surprised it had two forms. Holy fucking shit quit your bitching.
>>
>>100340203

BANKAI ARE MADE OF SHIKAI FOLDED 1000 TIMES

AND SHIKAI ARE MADE OF A SOUL FOLDED 1000 TIMES.

AS SUCH, BANKAI ARE TEMPERED SOULS OF HEART & STEEL FOLDED 2000 TIMES.
>>
>>100346225
>Tousen's bankai was a giant black field that cut off the sense of sight.
Actually, it was more busted than that. He cut off all the senses apart from touch.
>>
This whole arc is fucking garbage. Kubo should just fucking kill himself already.
>>
>>100346803
holy shit you are terrible at math.
>>
>>100314976
>>100342314
It uses the same principle of a car's body folding in on itself when hitting something to increase the time to 0m/s.
>>
>>100338611
That was Gin.
>>
>>100348705
No that was Renji.
>>
Since all Bankai have a secret second level now will Aizen achieve a new Bankai as well?
>>
>>100350293
>Since all Bankai have a secret second level now
But they don't.
>>
>>100349807
That was us.
>>
>>100305996

The problem isn't that its smaller, its that its not the same bankai. Since when can you achieve "half" a bankai? I mean, Hitsugaya's got stronger over the timeskip, but it didn't change form completely. Are we to imagine that Sasakibe's original bankai was something comempletely different than the blob of lightning we saw that quincy use?
>>
>>100306711

You can't fly in SS. Remember, Ichigo needed those wings from Yoruichi in the SS Arc in order to be able to fly and maintain elevation.

Hueco Mundo is more ambiguous, but it seems you can fly there, probably because of the more prevalent reishi.
>>
>>100323988

It's 13 Captains.

It's also not for certain Aizen ever had a bankai. He might have just faked his exam. At the very least, he never seemed to need it, so he might not have bothered training for it.
>>
>>100350698
>The problem isn't that its smaller, its that its not the same bankai.

It's the same bankai.

>Since when can you achieve "half" a bankai?
The same way Yumichika only activates half his shikai.

>I mean, Hitsugaya's got stronger over the timeskip, but it didn't change form completely.

Kubo said Renji's bankai changed and Hitusgaya's chain on his zanpaktou changed over the time skip.

>Are we to imagine that Sasakibe's original bankai was something comempletely different than the blob of lightning we saw that quincy use?
No it's the same bankai considering he never used it.
>>
File: aizen.gif (236.54 KB, 500x281)
236.54 KB
236.54 KB GIF
>>100350698
Even more ridiciulous are people on this thread applauding this shit. Half bankai? really? Fuck off. There are ways to improve bankai by learning new abilities and making it stronger with reiatsu and mutual trust between the shinigami and the zanpakuto, but completely changing the bankai and shikai is just ridiculous. Now Ichigo is not exclusive. He used to have a fake sword because of his peculiar condition. Now everyone who isn't 100% bonded with their swords can have a new one now? This is shit. I'm not saying they will get a new one, I'm jut saying that it is POSSIBLE.

It was OBVIOUS that this was going to happen sooner or later though. Bleach has characters with permanent weapons and abilities. There are no ways available to upgrade those characters in the traditional dumb shonen way (by changing the character's appearance or changing their weapons). Kubo knows that and he decided to do it anyway. Power ups in shonen can't be "he learned a new technique" or "he just got stronger because of X". It has to be "omg look at his new weapon!" or "look at his new appearance! he has a new form now!". Bleach has characters with one weapon that morphs in two stages. That's it. It would get boring eventually. Not because the concept is bad, but simply because Kubo has no fucking idea of how to use it. Every fight is based on power level instead of strategy and the character knowing how to use his techniques and limitations to win. For a mangaka like that, having a permanent set of skills and weapons for the characters is his doom. That's why now we are getting all these changes. Ichigo, Komamura, Renji and possibly Rukia and Byakuya. And Zaraki, of course, but his case is forgivable. Kubo is trying to make everything fresh and new by being completely and utterly ridiculous when it isn't necessary, and in the hands of a more capable mangaka Bleach would have been something much more interesting and the battles would be cool and smart as fuck.
>>
>>100351216
Does nobody in this thread understand that Renji didn't get a bankai 2.0 or a new bankai. All he did is upgrade it or get his "real" bankai. Kubo already said during the Fullbringer arc that Renji's bankai is going to be different. It's been stated multiple times that you can upgrade/develop your bankai. Also we have already seen shikai changing shapes because someone called it by the wrong name.
>>
>>100350813
You can now. That's all that matters.
>>
a better bankai doesn't mean he was just using "half bankai" before. It was just not at its full potential. "half bankai" makes it sound like he cut his blade in half of something.
>>
>>100307022
He's got a huge fucking snake coiled around his body and trailing behind him, as well as a gigantic skeletal monkey paw hanging over his head. Crimson King is not a compression type.
>>
>people saying Yamamoto's Bankai is small

It's not really. It has flames that engulf his body and 10 trillion skeletons.
>>
>>100303882

He's not dead, it's bleach
>>
>>100353278
Ichigo and Yamamoto are confirmed compression types, which means that they cloak themselves in their own reiatsu to bolster their stats.
Renji does nothing of the sort, he gains two undead pet-weapons and some shoulder pads.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.