[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: 1389763251075.png (240.01 KB, 1000x750)
240.01 KB
240.01 KB PNG
http://pastebin.com/w0gRFM0c

Guide:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5C7fCe07CDzYalZYZObzxv_fhw7RUNsLHiMAY-t7FA/edit
Old) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QkKNc3AYP5sOv23FRjBoCs2dDzHN83BuT1T_aRU21t0/edit

Reading List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Agk2IH0ZXhn7dDNmSW1BVFU5dVgyOHkzWjU4b2l2dkE
#l/a/nguage on irc.rizon.net

Previous thread: http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/100175945/
>>
毎回泣けば、これを好んで
>>
おマ〇コに出すと、喜ぶ?
>>
hey guys just starting out kanji, quick question please.

why is 一人 pronounced ひとり shouldn't it read with onyomi?

sorry if it's a dumb question I am only a beginner.
>>
>>100273065
The Japanese like to fuck with foreigners so half the jukugo you'll see will have nothing to do with kun or on, because fuck you.
>>
>>100273065
Counters/numbers are weird. Enjoy learning 30 more sets of them with varying degrees of regularity. Most annoying part of the language, ignoring Kanji as a whole.
>>
>>100273065
Really common words tend to not get normalized by rules because they're so commonly used that trying to make them fit in line with other words sounds weird to the people who grew up speaking the language so they don't change it.

Similar thing happens in English, it's the reason you say "I went to the store" and not "I goed to the store".
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (83.86 KB, 756x567)
83.86 KB
83.86 KB JPG
Who the fuck wrote in my Genki?
>>
File: 1375725228526.jpg (1.68 MB, 3264x2448)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
お前さん、総理大臣になったらどうすればいいんだと思うか

私の第一は拳銃規制の法律を書き直すことだ。アメリカみたいなシステムで日本の文化と本当にいいシステムだと思う。それに富士山の森がきれいになるかもね。
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77.52 KB, 495x562)
77.52 KB
77.52 KB JPG
>>100273141
That reminds me, I found this list of counter words that are apparently common to the majority of speakers, according to some test where a big list was given out and people picked those that they use. Meaning that, I guess, these are the minimal ones to learn in order to sound normal.

First three were dai, hiki, hon. Too lazy to crop that little other big.
>>
how do I say I'm a weeaboo and want to jizz in some nip puss?
>>
>>100273501
俺は日本なりたい
>>
>>100273501
You just did.
>>
>>100273501
Just say it in english. Japanese people are mandated to know that phrase.
>>
>>100273366
If you are speaking and don't know what to use you can use 一つ二つ and they will still understand. At this stage you should worry about being understood more than sounding normal. In the end you will learn them all eventually anyway so don't sweat it too much. Also 通(つう) for letters/email
>>
What is better, Skype channel or Line channel?
>>
>>100273820
I know, and I'm not sweating, I just thought it was interesting to know. Unless you're just trying to ease the minds of potentially intimidated newcomers.
>>
>>100273968
Yes that. Time spent on counters could be more productively spent elsewhere...
>>
if I have no experience speaking or writing japanese what is the best way to learn on my own?
I'm planning on moving to japan after uni but would like to know japanese prior to moving there
should I start with speaking and learn to write later?
>>
>>100274080
Like 万摺り or 肛門性交 or 切痔を食べます
>>
>>100274212
Do both, Japanese is a language that requires understanding written language more than most languages do. It's severely limited on sound and a lot of times the only way to tell words apart is by context/guessing, so knowing the words in writing is important.
>>
>>100274219
Or grammar... seems like there's too much kanji drilling and not enough grammar practice sometimes.
>>
>>100274306
I'd prefer to just 便失禁を飲む, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>100274272
opinion on rosetta stone?
I did the first lesson and found myself knowing some phrases but it doesn't teach the language structure at all
>>
>>100274380
I'd say it won't hurt too bad if: you don't pay for it, don't use it as your only tool, and don't use it as your primary tool.

It's overpriced and doesn't offer much.
>>
>>100274380
That's pretty much the thing. It's okay for some trivial stuff but not a particularly powerful tool in of itself. Especially for a language that's going to require a lot more explicit grammar study like Japanese.
>>
>>100274380
It's garbage for languages that are syntactically very different from English, and Japanese is most definitely that.
>>
File: Capture.png (21.16 KB, 478x209)
21.16 KB
21.16 KB PNG
do I want this set the way it is?
I don't want this to fuck over my primary keyboard usage
>>
For someone just starting to learn the kanji, should I attempt to memorize the meaning as well as both the onyomi and kunyomi? I have read that I can pick up on the kunyomi later with vocab. How true is this?
>>
>>100274901
why don't you just use microsoft's ime that's built into windows already?
>>
>>100274967
Not him, but I've found Google's IME to be a little smarter at predicting what I'm going to write.
>>
>>100274901
You'll still have your primary keyboard. They just mean that when you alt+shift you will go to the Google IME before any others you have installed.
>>
>>100274951
Do not attempt to learn the kanji. This is retarded.
Instead, try to learn all the parts of the kanji you learn through vocabular instead. For instance, Take the word 参加, "participation". Okay, so we're learning this new word; 参 is pronounced "san" here, so remember that, and do the same for "ka" for 加; both of these are very often read with those sounds. Also, we look up these kanji on jisho and see 参 contains ム, 大, and that 3 stroke thing that I think has something to do with hair. Whatever. Remember them, and remember that 加 contains 力 and ロ. Glance at the meanings and remember the stroke order on jisho, and you're done.
>>
I think that writing out all the Joyo kanji in the proper stroke order helped me to understand radicals better and how they go together to form a character. When the radicals are squished around and distorted it can be hard to know what is going on. Writing them myself made it easier to get it I think.
>>
where do I get Anki flash cards?
>>
>>100275355
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Anki+Japanese

First result
>>
>>100275355
Wal-Mart has them.
>>
>>100275408
I'm sorry
I will just seppuku now
>>
>>100275466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3gjt_Ar0
>>
>>100275208
>look up these kanji
>remember it has 'that three stroke thing'
>glance at the meanings
>remember the stroke order
Wouldn't it be faster to just do RTK or something, rather than looking up all of that for each new kanji you come across?
I agree with learning readings in context, but the rest of this just seems really inefficient. People have already done the work of looking up radicals, meanings and stroke order and putting them in an order which makes them easier to memorise. What's the benefit in looking it all up yourself haphazardly like that?
>>
>>100275548
フランク先輩がかっこいいね〜
>>
>>100275650
I don't finish with absolutely no knowledge on how to actually read Japanese words.
>>
>>100275747
So download one of the RTK decks that includes vocab for each kanji. Problem solved.
>>
>>100275854
Then you'd just be memorizing words out of context in a deck, which is also retarded.
>>
実際、このスレに日本語で普通に対話できる人ってどれくらいいろの
気になる
>>
>>100276240
What the fuck did you just call me?
>>
>>100276240
ほとんどいないんだ。それだけだ。

お前は?/int/とかからきたなのか
>>
File: 1357874438774.gif (1.92 MB, 640x360)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
お休み。明日も話そうね~
>>
働けよクズ
>>
>>100278418
はい
>>
>>100278418
お前に言われたくない、カス
>>
Okay so I decided I'm going to read Tae Kim and leave out Genki because I'll be taking Japanese classes next year and the course uses Genki. It'll be getting the best of both worlds. Fuck, I'm so awesome.
>>
>>100279796
>because I'll be taking Japanese classes next year

If you study at about the same rate as DJT recommends, you will have learned more by the time you start your classes than you will ever learn in class.
>>
>>100279796
>taking classes on shit you just learned instead of taking some sort of placement test
wat
>>
>>100279837
>>100279850
Fuck man. I don't know what to say. I'm only studying now as "preliminary" or "head start" to taking classes but at the rate I'm studying at, as you said, I'm getting way too far ahead to be learning anything in those classes. Well, regardless, they can't hurt me. They're free credits if I get ahead and on top of that they'll be reinforcing what I already know.
>>
>>100279899
Your school doesn't let you just place into a higher level class? The fuck
>>
>>100279931
I don't think so. Each higher class says they require the previous credit to get in. I might be able to talk to them about placing in a higher class though.
>>
天皇がいるから、外国は日本に下手に手出ししない。
目に見えない畏れになぜか手出しできない。
手を出したら終わりだろ、みたいな空気が包んでるんだよ。
野蛮な米国が最後の一手をしぶったのも、それが理由だった訳だし。
日本・そして皇室を守ってきたのは見えない何かといわざるをえない。
でなければ、こんな小さな国が侵略を受けず、万世一系のもと続く訳がないのだから。
>>
baka
>>
Should I use RTK or core 2000/6000/10000?

I am doing core 2000 right now, haven't tried rtk.

I am doing around 50+ cards a day with core 2k, I like how they have sentences with each word.
>>
>>100284920

RTK is for kanji alone, Core is for vocab.

You only need to study kanji if you want to write it or if you think it lets you learn vocab easier. If you don't have any problems using just Core, I don't see the point in using RTK.
>>
>>100284920
>am doing around 50+ cards a day with core 2k
>50+ cards

How.
>>
>>100285298
Thx I think I am going to stick to core, I asked around and people said it would get me reading manga faster.

I'm doing pretty well too.
>>
>>100286358
I know it's slow but I am just starting.

I calculated and at this rate I will be finished with core 10k in 6 months if I stick to it. I'd like to up it to 100 a day just to be faster.
>>
>>100286993
>I know it's slow but I am just starting.

He probably meant that that's a lot.
>>
>>100276240
俺が居るよ
>>
>>100286993
You understood the opposite of what I meant. 50+ seems like a lot to me.

Granted I didn't start with the 2k core yet,
because I wanted to finish the grammar and learn some more kanji first, but... I don't know. 50 vocabs and phrases every day? How do you remember that?
>>
So how long would it take, on average, to learn competent moon from absolute scratch? Assuming 2 hours a day?
>>
>>100287994
about 3 light years
>>
>>100287994
Why do you call it moon? The language is more natural to the earth than English is.
>>
指先に予感で
踊る 今の今が
私を待ってたの? この場所が謎の欠片

sorry, but what the hell does this even mean
>>
>>100288455
the pleasure of being cummed inside
>>
友を選ばば書を読みて、六分の侠気四分の熱
>>
>>100288606
日本語でおk
>>
File: jap.jpg (122.62 KB, 648x429)
122.62 KB
122.62 KB JPG
>>
I FUCKING LOVE jukugo where to proper on-reading is some obscure term that is never used and the bizarre irregular reading is a common word.
>>
Learned hiragana a few days ago and am now reading Yotsuba.

What should I use for direct japanese to english translation?
Currently using google translate and it kind of sucks.
>>
>>100289499
Why did you start to read before learning grammar?
>>
>>100273065
You read it wiht the onyomi in 一人称 (いちにんしょう)
>>
>>100289561
I did read Genki. Just wanted to read a bit before going for kanji.
>>
>>100289762
You shouldn't be looking for direct translations because there is no software that can translate sentences properly. You should just be translating words you don't know and googling grammar constructs you aren't familiar with.
>>
>>100289821
alright. thanks
>>
>>100289821
alright. thanks
What do you use for translating single words though?
>>
>>100289931
Check the online dictionaries section of the guide.
>>
File: 158594216.jpg (40.27 KB, 578x434)
40.27 KB
40.27 KB JPG
>Grandfather fought in the pacific theatre of WW2.
>Brought home a trophy from the war, it was a flag that he pulled off the body of someone that he killed and he referred to it as "the weird Jap flag with the chink writing"
>He used to hang it in his living room as a war trophy and eventually my dad inherited it when he died.

>Been studying Japanese for the last two years.
>Something reminded me of that flag a few weeks ago and I decided to look into it since I never really knew what it was or why it was covered in so much writing.
>It turns out that the families and friends of the Japanese soldiers would create "Good Luck Flags" for them before they were deployed and they would carry it with them into battle.
>Went to my father's house last week to see if he still had the flag since I wanted to try to read it. Couldn't read all of it since the flag was pretty weathered, but what I could read was covered in names and all of these cute messages wishing him good luck and to come home safely.
>My grandfather blew his brains out and our family spent the last several decades making fun of the "chink scribbles" that were actually just messages from the people that loved him.

This feels terrible
>>
>>100290964
What's so terrible about it?
>>
>>100290964
Why not go to Japan and give it to a museum of some sort.
>>
>>100291202
Nah, using it as your front porch rag is a better idea.
>>
>>100290964

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something written in a piece of cloth is a good luck or goodbye message. It's a custom everywhere.
>>
>>100290964
Sell it on ebay or some shit.

It's authentic so weebs are bound to froth over it.
>>
>>100291340
This.
>>
>>100290964
Go to Japan and show it to the japs when they raise their voices with u
>>
File: AWM_072837.jpg (59.62 KB, 450x339)
59.62 KB
59.62 KB JPG
>>100290964

At least he didn't take any skulls or ears.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead
>>
>>100290964
Use it as a headband to infuse your soul with the yamatodamashii and enhance your Japanese learning abilities dramatically
>>
>>100291404
>The behavior was officially prohibited by the U.S. military, which issued additional guidance as early as 1942 condemning it specifically.
>no fun allowed.
>>
>>100291416
But no! It will cause the Japanese spirit to possess him!

You are a child from the land of the free, not the land of the rising sun.
>>
File: 081312TB_WWIIflag1.jpg (158.35 KB, 650x488)
158.35 KB
158.35 KB JPG
>>100290964
So this is you?
>>
>>100291506

>American woman tries to read flag
>It's upside down
>>
>>100290964

>My grandfather was a WW2 draft dodger by pretending to be disabled.
>My father was a Vietnam draft dodger by pretending to be disabled.
>I get money from the government by pretending to be disabled

NEET pride worldwide

The blood of the NEET flows through me
>>
How do I get a Q10 Japanese gf?
>>
>>100292790
Considering gook whores crave for gaijin cock 24/7, you can fuck pretty much any girl, unless you have a tiny jap dick.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.38 KB, 83x71)
1.38 KB
1.38 KB PNG
>>
>>100293338
>implying once you are in the bedroom, a wet bitch wont at least fuck you one time before dumping you
if you have trouble scoring chicks in the west, you will have trouble scoring them in japan.
>>
>>100293891
>implying she would be satisfied with tiny gook dick after experimenting gaijin dick
>>
So I'm using kanjidamage to learn a few kanji while in college and I want to ask something.


す*き
この*む

好 has 2 onyomi. Now I know that when KD says す*き that means that き is just the Okurigana since its in the "how to use" part of the website, but what about この*む? is む also okurigana? if so then why bother using a different character to separate it from the pronunciation of the kanji character?
>>
>>100294367
Kunyomi I mean. Fuck
>>
>>100294367
>if so then why bother using a different character to separate it from the pronunciation of the kanji character?

Do you mean the * as opposed to *? Because the KD guy is lazy and couldn't bother to press alt+shift I guess
>>
>>100293891
Actually no, gook sluts are even more slutty than mericunt sluts, simply because male gooks have small dicks, hence they want to taste gaijin cock and ride it all night long.
>>
>>100294700
Yeah, no. Rednecks have small dicks too sorry to destroy your illusion that you'll ever lose your virginity.
>>
>>100294367
I really wish KD would die so these people would stop using it incorrectly and asking about kunyomi and onyomi.
>>
>>100294966
Compare the number of 7in+ cocks in american porn and JAVs.
>>
>>100295014
I really wish you would stop posting
>>
File: Spoiler Image (282.62 KB, 1572x818)
282.62 KB
282.62 KB JPG
>>100294966
>>
so once i finish core 10k, do you guys think i will be able to read manga?

manga as in naruto, one piece, bleach
>>
>>100295014
It is shit but at least if teaches you the readings on the proper way.
>>
>>100295226
If you also learned grammar in unison then absolutely. You'll be able to read a lot of things in fact.
>>
>>100295193
Go back to crying that your question didn't get answered.
>>
>>100295014
I corrected myself in the next post dude. Unless I was also wrong about something.

>>100294540
Yeah, he seems lazy in some things but I can't blame him for making a compilation of kanji and creating some so-shitty-that-I-can't-forget-them mnemonics for free.

Anyways, thanks dude.
>>
>>100295384
What?
>>
>>100295226
No.
>>
>>100295226
You shouldn't wait until you finish that deck to start reading. And finishing core10k won't make it so you know every word you'll come across -- learning from reading is what your should studies should ideally transition into.
>>
So I've been using various textbooks for learning grammer, and using Anki for learning Kanji and their meanings.

But what should I use to learn vocab?
>>
>>100296169
Learn vocab from reading material you enjoy.
>>
>>100296326
That might be difficult if he doesn't have any base to start from.
>>
>>100296169

Finish Core10k
>>
>>100289267
can you link the sauce on that?

the guy either committed a nasty crime or the stress of living in japan got to him. both are equally plausible.
>>
>>100296479
Or maybe he's an alien and he's pulling a long con in an attempt to impregnate a gaijin's chest cavity with his baby.
>>
>>100296359
This. If I see a kanji I don't know know, I don't want to have to go to Jissho and spend 10 minutes mixing radicals until I find it

>>100296428
Is this an Anki deck that teaches vocab rather than kanji?
>>
>>100296169

I usually just add all the vocab I can find with the kanji I already know.
>>
>>100296568
>not using ITH or kanjitomo
>>
File: 1379968110762.jpg (27.99 KB, 261x247)
27.99 KB
27.99 KB JPG
>Started doing a vocab deck awhile ago.
>I don't know the meanings for individual kanji, but eventually my mind just started memorizing the vocab and I instinctively know the readings and definition when I see words that I've done with the vocab deck.
>Started doing a kanji deck recently since I read that it helps you learn vocab faster if you go through a kanji deck.
>My progress has suddenly died and I get maybe 80% of my kanji cards wrong each day.

Why is this so much harder than vocab?

I thought it would be easier since there's just less to remember, but the meanings are so abstract and as soon as I see a character I start thinking, "Okay... There's the stand radical, and it's above the sun radical, and then there's the bottom of the heart radical, so the mnemonic for this one must be...Goddammit, I give up."

It was much easier to remember things when I saw them in the context of an example sentence and they were actual words instead of abstract English keywords that are vaguely related to words.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (74.01 KB, 680x807)
74.01 KB
74.01 KB JPG
>>100296812
>having someone force you to do something you don't like at gunpoint
>2012
>>
>>100296812
yea learning it that way is dumb. just stick to vocab
>>
真珠湾を忘れるな
>>
>>100296812

Try Heisig or kanjidamage if you think grade order is too difficult.
>>
File: dowman031.jpg (412.93 KB, 1200x1707)
412.93 KB
412.93 KB JPG
Can someone explain aigisu's line.
ヤッターマン コーヒー ライター
"Yatterman coffee lighter

Is this a line said in yatterman says often? I feel like the joke is falling on deaf ears.

The context is Aigisu (the robot girl) just got rekt so everyone is considering leaving the dungeon.
>>
>>100297036

I'm trying the Kanji Damage one now, but that's the deck that's giving me the most trouble.

The grade order one was pretty easy, but I think that's because I recognized most of the kanji from the vocab deck. Once it got to about grade 4 and I wasn't seeing familiar kanji anymore then it suddenly became very hard.

I can only seem to remember kanji if I can think of a vocab word that it's used in.
>>
>>100297147
>Aigisu
>u

Not helping now.
>>
>>100296965
もともと覚えた事がないけど
>>
>>100295291
I wish people without experience would stop responding to questions.
>>
File: 1381699414269.gif (868.12 KB, 200x179)
868.12 KB
868.12 KB GIF
>>100291384
That's so offensive but I can't stop laughing.
>>
>The radical for 与 is 臼

I don't see it.
>>
>>100299616
Where does it say that?
>>
>>100299616
>using radicals
shig the dig
>>
>>100299616
The old form of 与: 與
Can you see it now?
>>
>>100299616

It's a variant of 與 and the radical for 與 is 臼.
>>
File: 1329256496390.jpg (42.90 KB, 442x276)
42.90 KB
42.90 KB JPG
>You will never scream  たのむ!! in terror as a yakuza chops off your pinkie for dishonoring their hostess club by befouling the air with the presence of the white swine.
>>
>>100300181
Why would you scream "たのむ"?
>>
>>100300181
> implying they care if you pay good
>>
>>100300265
Because your pinkie is posessed by evil and it already starts spreading to the rest of your hand.
>>
File: An-Inflated-Pig-Costume.jpg (149.21 KB, 500x488)
149.21 KB
149.21 KB JPG
>>100300181

>You will never stand outside of the Narita Airport of Tokyo in a pig costume and stare menacingly at Japanese people as they walk by.
>>
>>100300433
gaijin is already pig without needing costumewwwwwwwww
>>
How are you supposed to remember the difference between 土 and 士?

This is worse than シツンソ
>>
>>100300758

You remember the words they're used in.
>>
>>100300758
Not be blind? One has the top line being longer than the bottom and the other has it shorter.
>>
>>100300758
>シツンソ
>implying they're difficult to tell apart
>>
>>100300758
惑感
>>
>>100301031
This is why KD is great. Right one has Hitler, left one doesn't. Instant recognition and telling apart.
>>
File: 1375657331480.jpg (69.10 KB, 495x601)
69.10 KB
69.10 KB JPG
>に

I hate this particle. Why couldn't they just invent some new characters that would be used exclusively for grammar?

に means way too many different things. How do Japanese people know what anyone is talking about if they happen to walk into the middle of a conversation? It seems like everything changes depending upon context clues, which you wouldn't have heard if you came into the middle of a conversation.
>>
>>100300758
>the difference between 土 and 士?
When I first started, I saw 土 (soil) as a seedling in the ground. Obviously the ground is much larger than the plant, so it stretches out farther than the leaves of the plant.

And 士, I guess I saw it as a man (a gentleman) with long arms and proper posture.
>>
File: Cowboy Up.jpg (831.57 KB, 1728x1152)
831.57 KB
831.57 KB JPG
To an outgoing, straight-shooting, red-blooded American, the Japanese can seem a bit wishy-washy and downright frustrating with their general ambiguity.
>>
>>100301562
What exactly do you have a problem with?
>>
>>100301562
>outgoing
>straight-shooting
What are you doing on /a/?
>>
>>100301324
Must've sucked to be a jap spy during war time. only hearing a parcel of information would be near useless to your side.
>>
>>100301324
you just understand after hearing it for long enough.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (24.70 KB, 576x365)
24.70 KB
24.70 KB PNG
Is there a list of abbreviations used in Rikai-chan like adj-na,n,ik? Also what's with きょうだい having all these definitions?
>>
File: Ronald_Reagan_1331.jpg (20.98 KB, 572x315)
20.98 KB
20.98 KB JPG
>>100301622

Ambiguity and indirect communication can confuse non-Japanese people and create a wide variety of misunderstandings. For example, if you ask out a Japanese girl, she may indirectly say no with a “I’m washing my hair that day,” or “Sorry, but I’m just not that into deep-sea fishing expeditions,” etc. This leaves the foreigner wondering why Japanese women won't just say what they mean. Of course, this can extend to many women in general, but it’s safe to say it’s more prevalent in Japan.

The reason they do so is to avoid conflict, be polite, and/or to allow the man to save face. Yet, such warm replies can convey the wrong message, and cause confusion. Does she like you? Does she dislike you? Why wouldn’t she just say no if she didn’t want to go out with you? And the list goes on and on. Will you ever get a straight answer from her? Probably not.

In business settings, Japanese indirectness may frustrate foreign partners as well. The Japanese word 難しい can be translated as “difficult,” but in a Japanese business setting it means something closer to “out of the question.” Basically, the Japanese businessman is refusing the request by saying it is difficult. He’d never say “no” flat out because that’s too confrontational. Instead he’d just say “it’s difficult,” and hope you know that he actually means “no.”

To the foreign business partner, this can be very confusing. They might think they mean, “It’s difficult (but I’ll do it anyway),” and just take it as a hard bargain, but something that will eventually get done. This is not the case.
>>
>>100301975
長すぎて読まなかったw
>>
大東亜戰爭に勝ち抜かう!!
>>
>>100301324
Grammar is easy because Japanese people are mind readers
In Japanese, there’s something called 以心伝心, which basically means that Japanese people can read each other’s minds, thereby creating a hive consciousness that is currently plotting to take over the world with giant robots. That’s why Japanese doesn’t have a singular/plural distinction and only past/non-past tenses. There really isn’t any sentence structure to speak of for that matter, either. You might think that leaving the subject and object out of a sentence would make it too ambiguous to say anything. Ahh, but you’re forgetting that Japanese people can read your mind. As a result, you don’t have to worry about subjects, objects, participles, sentence order, subject-verb agreement, articles, prepositions, pronouns, and pretty much the rest of English grammar.

For instance, if you wanted to say, “Hi, I’m looking for a cheap place to stay,” all you have to do is say, “Me…”, trail off into silence, nod, and point knowingly to your head. The Japanese person will nod knowingly back and then go back to whatever he was doing. In all likelihood, that’s probably his way of saying, “Back off you foreign infidel, you shall not have my daughters!” But you should have expected that since you were probably thinking nasty thoughts about his daughters.

-Tae Kim
>>
>>100301941

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#code_tag
>>
>>100301941
>Also what's with きょうだい having all these definitions?

That is why kanji exists.
>>
>>100302218
ありがとう
>>
As both a red blooded American and a proud owner of firearms, I can say plainly that I dislike Japanese people and find their cultural practices to be, for the most part, snake-like and deceitful.
>>
>>100302371
まず自分の芝に居るユダヤ人のことを気にしろ
>>
File: USA.jpg (138.32 KB, 479x613)
138.32 KB
138.32 KB JPG
>>100302371
>>
>>100302760
Is talking on phones seriously not allowed on trains? That's ridiculous
>>
>>100302918

Not when you're shouting like you're the only person there.
>>
>>100302918
Yes in civilized countries we have quiet areas on the train that stop people being loudmouths.
>>
How do I maximize my gaijin privilege when going to Japan so that I will be able to make a lot of mistakes and no one will care?

Will wearing a cowboy hat act as a "GAIJIN COMING THROUGH" indicator for the Japanese and they will know to go out of their way to help me and be polite to me?
>>
>>100302988
The sign says to stop talking completely. It says you should turn your phone off completely in the priority seating. Ostensibly this is for people with pacemakers, but it's horseshit and no one does it anyway.

>>100302918
The buses in my city (Florida) have signs saying not to talk on your phone. I don't think it's an unreasonable request.
>>
>>100302993
write this on your chest:
馬鹿外人です
アナルでおk
ありがとう
>>
>>100303064
>>100302988
I can understand not being allowed to eat or smoke on the bus/train but not talking on the phone? That's just stupid, you can talk with your friends while riding can't you? So why wouldn't you be allowed to use your phone?
>>
>>100302988

American trains are the best. Japanese trains might be quiet, but American trains are filled with warriors.
>>
>>100302918
> muh friend
> muh social network
> muh always available
>>
>>100301941
What are the numbers after the kana, and how did you get them there?
>>
Is 俺は君に日本語を教えってあげるよ or 俺は君に日本語を教えることができるよ more common to hear? Also when asking someone out, is it common to hear よろしくお願いします?
>君はいっしょうに出かけますか?はい、でかけなしょう
>それが良いね. よろしくお願いします!
That just sounds really synthetic to me.

tfw lower intermediate nipnop.
>>
>>100302993
All you have to do is not look asian and have terrible pitch accent
>>
>>100303545
>have terrible pitch accent
that means being a native english speaker
>>
>>100303544
>Is 俺は君に日本語を教えってあげるよ or 俺は君に日本語を教えることができるよ more common to hear?

They have different meanings so I'm not sure what the point of the question is

>君はいっしょうに出かけますか?はい、でかけなしょう

日本語でおk
>>
>>100303544
I edit the first part of that little situation there, should be
君はいっしょうに出かけりが欲しいですか
is the kanji for いっしょう 一生?
>>
>>100303144
But how do you grope cute girls when you are surrounded by bulky men armed with machine guns?
>>
>>100303755
I was under the understanding that they both mean something like "I can teach you Japanese". Is that incorrect?

>日本語でおk
wat
>>
>>100303792
君 is not the subject, the subject is you because you want to go out with her.
And if you want to say "together" that would be 一緒 (いっしょ) without the う
>>
>>100303903
The first one means "I'll teach you Japanese" and the second one means "I can teach you japanese". There's a pretty significant difference.

also
>tfw lower intermediate
Don't overestimate yourself please
>>
>>100303978
He means 一生に as in for the whole life
>>
>>100303995
Hm. I was told 上げる in that context was implictive of "can do ___ for ___". Thanks.
>>
>>100301975
>For example, if you ask out a Japanese girl, she may indirectly say no with a “I’m washing my hair that day,” or “Sorry, but I’m just not that into deep-sea fishing expeditions,” etc.
Isn't that pretty normal? Where I live that's the normal way to turn somebody down after being invited to something. Saying "No, I don't want to." is pretty blunt and impolite.

How dense to you have to be not to get the message anyway? Are Americans really this straightforward in everything they say? No wonder you're shooting each other all the time.

>In business settings, Japanese indirectness may frustrate foreign partners as well. The Japanese word 難しい can be translated as “difficult,” but in a Japanese business setting it means something closer to “out of the question.” Basically, the Japanese businessman is refusing the request by saying it is difficult. He’d never say “no” flat out because that’s too confrontational. Instead he’d just say “it’s difficult,” and hope you know that he actually means “no.”

Again, this sort of soft refusal is normal as far as I know. I see nothing particularly Japanese about it. Seems to me more like a problem with the way people think 難しい can be simply translated literally into Difficult, which is part of a larger vice of wanting to correspond words in the two languages as if they matched one to one.
>>
>>100303978
shit, meant が. My bad.
I was wondering why the extra う sounded strange, thanks.

>why did you post 2 sperate posts
My phone app is shit, and the mobile site is incompatible with my phone foe whatever reason.
>>
File: 1366392954965.jpg (9.37 KB, 180x180)
9.37 KB
9.37 KB JPG
>>100304181
>replying seriously
>>
>>100304037
No. I just didn't know the kanji at all, guessed with the 生, which was dumb. I thought it would be like "live together", hence just "together".
plus I had the extra う.
>>
>>100304227
If you want to say "go out with sbd" you have to use と as in
君と出かける - go out with you. Notice that it's not the "going out" that implies having a relationship, just literally going some place and do something together there
>>
>>100304432
Is there a different word for such? デイトに出かけます perhaps?
I haven't seen 出かける in context before now, but yea I thought the whole 一緒に made it seem cumbersome.
>>
What's the latest kanji you learned? For me it's 棲
>>
>>100304580
慇懃
>>
>>100304563
> 私と付き合ってください!
It's like you never seen a highschool romance anime.
>>
>>100304238
I enjoyed writing it, I don't care if he was serious.
>>
>>100304700
>ください

草食系過ぎw吹いた
「俺様と付き合え雌」でいい
>>
>>100304700
Y-yea, thanks.
Just happens to be a word I haven't studied yet is all. And I don't watch enough romance to pick up romantic words.
>>
>>100304852
魔法使いになる時は今後三年だけだ、仕様がない
>>
紋 and 嚔, don't remember which came first anymore.
>>
>>100305069
meant for
>>100304580
obviously.
>>
>>100304580
I just learned 煙
>>
>>100304580
歯茎側面接近音、矍鑠
>>
>>100304580
>>
>>100303995
>>100304139
They can both mean "I can teach you Japanese" (but you should remove 俺は君に because they serve no purpose) It's just that they still mean different things. The first one is "I can teach you Japanese (if you want)", the other one is "I can (have the ability) to teach you Japanese".
>>
>>100305757
鳩が最高ですよ。
>>
>>100305853
>鶴じゃなくて
>鳩
なんて糞趣味
>>
>>100285298


I've been seeing this being said a lot; how kanji isn't as important as vocab. I'm a beginner so I don't know too much shit but is kanji and regular vocab interchangable?
>>
File: 1371990357219.jpg (58.25 KB, 854x720)
58.25 KB
58.25 KB JPG
Are there any memorization techniques other than rote memorization and mnemonics?

Pure, mindless rote drilling eventually works, but it's probably the most inefficient way to learn something. And personally, mnemonics don't really work for me. I see how they would work well if it's easy for you to remember catchy stories, but my mind just doesn't work that way.

I think I need some kind of visually based memorization technique, but I don't know of anything other than rote drilling and mnemonics.
>>
>>100307271
No, suck it up and learn
>>
>>100304181
With the latter quote, I may think that he is ignorant of the fact that it is actually not difficult and I might try to show him that it isn't so as to open the opportunity to him.
>>
>>100306940
>kanji isn't as important as vocab
>is kanji and regular vocab interchangable?

Wat.
>>
>>100306940
Vocab is constructed out of Kanji in a (sometimes) logical way. For example 眼球(Eyeball) is composed of 眼(eye) and 球(ball), 家内(Wife) is composed of 家(House) and 内(Inside). This implies two things:

1. If you learn vocab you'll learn Kanji in the process. (Some people say this renders studying Kanji first obsolete.)

2. If you learn Kanji by itself, vocab will be easier to pick up later. (Some people said you should definitely learn Kanji first because of this.)
>>
File: Emma-Willard-1846-temple.jpg (633.59 KB, 2058x1402)
633.59 KB
633.59 KB JPG
>>100307271

Method of loci

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci
>>
>>100307456
>Vocab is constructed out of Kanji in a (sometimes) logical way
In my opinion, only a small percentage of words can actually be derived from the individual kanji meanings.
>>
>>100307578
Japanese have no trouble doing it when they make up new words.
>>
>この気持ちが日本語クラス
>この気持ちが日本人の日本語せんせい持っている
>>
I have a serious question. Am I going to be seen like a pedophile or something in the streets if I start dating a girl that's 16 years old (JK2)?
Is it socially correct?
>>
>>100307578
Well individual kanji often get their 'meanings' from the words that they're used in, so I'd have to disagree with you.
If you do enough research I think you'll find that there are very few compounds that are completely illogical or unrelated. Although, it may be unreasonable to expect people to learn the history of ancient Chinese for the sake of having the words make sense.
>>
Is 一階 the American first floor (i.e. the ground level with the street) or does it mean the first one above ground level?
>>
>>100307720
私はきれいな幼女が好きだ!
>>
>>100307709
何が言いたいのかさっぱり分からん
>>
>>100307720
Yes, and I see no problem with this.
>>
>>100307856
I don't exactly want to be looked at this way, especially since I am a foreigner. Girls do say I'm cool and shit, but I've never dated a girl still in high school. Kinda afraid of how they would look at me.
>>
>>100307969
>being this much of a normalfag
>>
>>100272644
I understand everything in the sentence in the OP image except how 諦めとけ is conjugated. Why not something like 諦めろ?
>>
>>100307853
He has incredibly bad Japanese, but being a gaijin I can tell he's saying ">le feel when in nihongo class" ">le feel when my Japanese teach is actually Japanese"
>>
>>100307578
Deriving words from the Kanji can't be done with too much confidence, you usually have to actually know beforehand that the word exists, unless you're just using a suffix or something like that. Still, knowing the meaning of the individual Kanji can give you a better understanding of the word and also help you remember it. For instance, 連打 and 弾幕 are both listed as "barrage" in the dictionary, but if you look at the Kanji for them 連(Successive) + 打(Hit, Strike) and 弾(Bullet) + 幕(Curtain) the difference becomes clear as day.
>>
>>100308028
It's slang for 諦めて置け。
>>
>>100308007
I wouldn't be here for years if I was.

>>100308028
Both work. In this case: 諦めておけ→諦めとけ
>>
>>100306940
>>100307456
My main issue with the idea of learning kanji is not useful by itself.

If I learn the kanji for stop; halt (止). I can't use it in a sentence because I don't know any vocabs associated with the kanji.

I can't really say ここを止. It's not correct, the proper way is ここを止める, ここを止む, etc...

Then there's the issue is I do see vocab with kanji I know. I'm probably right on the definition but I don't know how to pronounce it, I can make an educated guess if I know the readings.

tl;dr: Personally I see it as a waste of time and taking very tiny babysteps we don't need.
>>
>>100308099
What does 弾幕 exactky mean, in the end?
>>
>>100308165
Then who fucking cares? If I, some guy on the internet, said that yes, people would look at you funny, you'd part ways with 16 year old ass just because of that?
>>
>>100308099
On the other hand, the few times you do manage to luck out and guess a word that actually exists using two kanji that you know, the feeling is supreme
>>
>>100308165
How good is your Japanese?
>>
>>100308305
弾幕 is the the kind of barrage you see in Touhou. A barrage of magical bullets in this case.

連打 is what Kenshiro does while screaming TATATATATATATATATA, or what you do to your mouse button when skipping dialog in a VN where there's no auto-skip button.
>>
>>100308226
I think it's worth it learning at least some 200-400 individual Kanji, preferably the most frequent ones and with the most common readings and associated words alongside, before going into vocab. With this little amount of Kanji and some grammar I think most people would already be able to tackle reading and they can start learning a huge number of words already.
>>
>>100308226
How do you know when it is the proper way to say/write it a certain way?
>>
Should I bother learning nouns in hiragana or just skip it and learn the Kanji?
>>
>>100308666
Ideally you should be comfortable with both. While some words like 「可愛い」 are written in kana like 9/10 times, it's still good to be able to recognize them when they are written with kanji.
>>
File: 1305380336084.jpg (12.90 KB, 247x204)
12.90 KB
12.90 KB JPG
>>100308666
> Should I bother learning nouns in hiragana or just skip it and learn the Kanji?
>>
I'm being a lazy shit and I need to kick my pathetic ass back into shape. Give me the hardest possible VN/LN/whatever material (that uses contemporary Japanese, no tale of genji shit) and I'll tackle it. I'm confident I won't have too much trouble.
>>
>>100308226
Right now, I am at the point where I know just the Kanji themselves and a bunch of grammar, very little ACTUAL vocab, but that's ok because when I read ここを止める or ここを止む I know that you're saying something along the lines of "stop here" because you're using the kanji plus some okurigana formatted like a verb, therefore I shall assume it is a verb meaning "to stop".

Obviously not a great help if you're making stuff yourself, but far from useless.
>>
What's the negative form of ある?
あるない、あらない、or just ない?
>>
>>100308306
I don't care in the least what the people from my country think, but I do care about the Japanese's opinion. I don't want to be seen like a faggot and have a bad repution too since I'll be looking for work too.
I just wanted to hear /a/'s opinion, that is all.

>>100308393
It isn't too bad. JLPT 2, I guess.
>>
>>100308658
Is this a serious question?
>>
>>100308845
ない
>>
>>100308845
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E3%81%82%E3%82%8B
Click "Conjugation of "ある""
>>
>>100308845
Be careful of not making a mistake a lot of beginners do.
いる→いない→いません
ある→ない→ありません
>>
>>100308862
Considering most people here have never been to Japan and you have you probably shouldn't be coming to us for that.
>>
>>100308948
でも、俺は日本。。。
>>
>>100308924
That's wong?
>>
>>100308862
>but I do care about the Japanese's opinion.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled seeing 20-something gaijin-san walking around with a highschool girl and having sex with her.

But seriously, drop it if you're that concerned. Japanese society is conservative, that shit don't fly over there
>>
>>100308842
That's the spirit. If half the people here actually tried to guess shit and push forward when reading we would have much less stupid questions. How many Kanji do you think you know approximately?
>>
>>100308838
bump
>>
>>100309018
That's correct. I think he means not to do anything different from what he wrote. ある is irregular as fuck after all.
>>
File: mubou.jpg (52.50 KB, 688x628)
52.50 KB
52.50 KB JPG
>>100308666
Learn vocab with kanji and use kana for the readings on the back. If you neglect kanji now, it'll only mean having to relearn your vocabulary again later. And in my opinion, it's far more difficult to remember vocab without kanji (perhaps part of why my listening comprehension is shit).
>>
>>100308226
>the proper way is ここを止める, ここを止む, etc...
>the proper way
>ここを止める
>ここを止む

Protip: They're both incorrect.
>>
File: koohii.png (3.64 KB, 664x56)
3.64 KB
3.64 KB PNG
>>
>>100309166
Read いつか、届く、あの空に
>>
>禿
>become bald, bare, wear out, waste away, little girl employed at a brothel

One of these is not like the others
>>
>>100309420
I know ここを止む is incorrect because it's intransitive (whoops) but how is the first one incorrect.
>>
>>100309118
Just finished Kanjidamage, so about 1700
>>
>>100309475
で、なんの漢字に対してその忠告がされた
>>
File: fry_drooling.gif (220.63 KB, 500x375)
220.63 KB
220.63 KB GIF
>>100309475
wat
>>
File: curious.gif (627.61 KB, 420x420)
627.61 KB
627.61 KB GIF
would it be foolish to start on vocab when only half way through grammar(Tae Kim)? i understand most of the grammar so far but feel i should start drilling it in a little better.
>>
>>100309628
Not at all, in fact you should've started it when you started grammar.
>>
>>100309628
do both concurrently.
>>
>>100309524
What the fuck are you event trying to say in the first place.

>>100308838
Read all of these
http://vndb.org/p404
>>
>>100309524
Because the place where you stop is not the direct object of your action, it's just the place where it happens. You'd have to use に or で and you'd still be lacking an object:

ここで車を止める
ここに車を止める
>>
>>100309512
>young girl working as a servant of a high-class prostitute
>>
>>100309556
Yeah, you're more than past the point of learning some vocab, grammar and start reading. I admire your persistence, but I'll never understand why people want to learn all of the Kanji before moving to the fun part. For me memorizing huge lists of Kanji is like torture.
>>
>>100309524
You're using the wrong particle. It looks like you're trying to say "stop a here"
>>
>>100309690
>>100309496
You're not just trolling me and suggesting nukige right? Could you tell me a bit about what makes these games difficult?
>>
>>100309628
No, go ahead. Start reading shit too, even if you can only understand 10% of what you read properly. Reading is the best and most efficient exercise by far during these first steps.
>>
>>100309870
Why don't you look up the game and look at a screenshot you dumbfuck.
>>
>>100304580


It's not everyday you learn a Kanji with such straightforward radicals.
>>
>>100309805
I've already started reading stuff, but before I finished when I tried reading things it was always always always unfamiliar kanji that tripped me up. You can't miss any of them because they're too essential to the meaning of the sentence, and I got tired of it so I vowed I would learn at least all the joyo kanji.
>>
>>100310032
Sorry to break it to you, but your efforts will not pay off as much as you might expect. You'll still run into thousands of words with unclear meanings and have to stop and consult a dictionary anyway.
>>
>>100309475
This makes no sense.
>>
>>100310130
Jukugo is fine, it's the kanji themselves I'm more worried about. I'd just like to have an idea of what the kanji individually mean before attempting things.
>>
>>100309655
>>100309676
>>100309888
I see. this certainly gives me confidence moving forward; Thanks anons!

I'll try my hand at Yotsuba&!
>>
你们日文学生也看中文吗?
>>
>>100310487
Are you asking how many of us also study chinese?

I know barely enough to guess that.
>>
>>100305772
Yes, this is more what I mean.
My question was unclear, I meant more "what is the connotative difference between these".
Thank you.
>>
>>100310487
中国人は帰れ
>>
>>100310575
《看》是。不《学习》。
>>
>>100309586

ストーリー「STONE + BAND OF NIGGERS: Band of niggers throwing rocks. Now that's a police magnet.」
>>
File: 1372661108578.jpg (44.16 KB, 245x250)
44.16 KB
44.16 KB JPG
>>100309475
>implying a nigger is capable of comprehending moon runes
>>
Is 繰り返す really both transitive and intransitive. I mean, would it be correct to say both:

明日またこのスレを繰り返しましょう

and:

明日またこのスレが繰り返す

?
>>
I'm sorry that this is low tier baby stuff but I figured this was best place to ask. Taking a Japanese class at the uni here and it seems my instructor wants to rush out the gate and have us memorize hiragana, class started on monday she expected first 15 today, next 15 on friday, and rest on wed. Honestly I'm a bit at a loss on this because my memorization skills are shitty, spent a good 3 hours on this and wasn't even close to ready. Do you guys have any tips to git gud quick?
>>
>>100310876
You can't memorize 5 symbols in an hour?
>>
What does this mean?

きたわね

Apparently わね is a feminine way to emphasize stuff but きた?

>context
http://raw.senmanga.com/Kuroko_no_Basuke/234/3/
>>
>>100310876
>memorize hiragana,
>rush out the gate
By DJT standards she's going pretty slow. Also, the answer to what you want is on the OP so I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>100310957
Hint: look it up.
>>
>>100310876
Honestly most people have hiragana done on the first or second day. You'll do fine.
>>
>>100310957
Seriously, all you have to do is hover Rikaichan over it and the answer pops up. For fucks sake.
>>
File: 1353110199008.jpg (1.51 MB, 2592x1944)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>100310753
>implying a nigger can't
you know nothing
>>
>>100310935

Terrible at memorization as I said.

>>100310969
Ah my apologies thought that was just a link to another hiragana chart. I'll take my leave.
>>
>>100310650
回哪儿?我不是中国人。
>>
>>100310876
> rush out the gate and have us memorize hiragana

Can memorize the kana in 48hours. don't even have to know them religiously since it'll be reinforced through reading.

consider getting a anki deck with pronunciation or try
http://www.realkana.com/hiragana/

also read the guide. it's there for a reason
>>
>>100310957
着た 和 音
>>
>>100311027
>>100310992
But I did. It says "North, North wind" but that doesn't make sense in context.
>>
>>100311103
Try looking at the second option. Are you really serious? How can you even be reading if you need to ask for help for something like this?
>>
>>100311050
中国語を話す人々は帰れ
>>
>>100311103
Consider looking beyond the first entry.
>>
>>100311146
>>100311165
Well, whoops. Do I feel retarded now. Thanks.
>>
I am reviewing the kyouiku kanji by the school grade order.
How the fuck I haven't learned 汽, a kanji taught in second grade before?
It seems to be so simple and common, but yet I never saw it being used.
>>
>>100312083
>haven't seen it before
>it seems to be common
>>
>>100309690
>Read all of these

Shit nigger, you weren't kidding. Going back to the time when I had to look up several things per page feels amazing.
>>
>>100312315
It is used in fucking 汽車, I just never saw a 汽車 in my eroge.
>>
>>100310487
那个"看中文“什么意思?你想说的不是“会看中文“还是“学习中文“?
>>
>>100313733
ノーチャイニーズプリーズ
>>
How do chinese works?
Do chinese children only write when they are old?
Because the japs have the kana to write, the gook not.
>>
File: 汽車.png (624.73 KB, 801x601)
624.73 KB
624.73 KB PNG
>>100313587
>I just never saw a 汽車 in my eroge.

read better eroge
>>
ぼく わ き を ゆる

にほんご いい ですか
>>
>>100312340
Behold, the king of purple grammar himself.
>>
>>100313818
Japanese kids use Kanji too. Just less of them. I imagine it's the same for Chinese.
>>
>>100314325
I wonder what it feels like for a Japanese teenager to read LNs and VNs full of complicated Kanji he knows those sluts and normalfags from his class would never know.
>>
>>100314228
please reply to me.
>>
>>100314583
I would but you sound threatening and I don't think I trust you enough to reply to you.
>>
>>100314583
>>100314583
Hi. :)
>>
>>100314228
pity reply
>>
>>100314676
>>100314678
pls, was my grammar here >>100314228 good?
>>
>>100314732
:(
>>
>>100314706
>>100314732
oh... I guess I'm not cool yet.

Now I am sad.
>>
>>100314514
おそらく、深い気持ち
>>
>>100314514
>teenager
these games are for 18+ years old
>>
File: 96.jpg (35.18 KB, 350x447)
35.18 KB
35.18 KB JPG
>>100314851
Yeah... right. My mistake.
>>
I still don't know what the fuck 〇 is supposed to mean.
>>
>>100311000
What?

Namasensei, in to the trash he goes.
>>
>>100314990
〇 まる (n) circle (sometimes used for zero); 'correct' (when marking); symbol used as a placeholder (either because a number of other words could be used in that position, or because of censorship)

That sums it up pretty well.
>>
File: !number.jpg (6.51 KB, 219x109)
6.51 KB
6.51 KB JPG
help /a
what does it mean? i think its a number or something like that
>>
>もし雨が降ったら、行きません。

What does もし accomplish here? It seems like the meaning doesn't change if it stays or goes.
>>
erm I had a look at the 3000 most used japanese words list and a lot of the words were written in kanji that I haven't learned yet. Do I need to learn these first or is there a version of the list that uses kana?
>>
>>100315145
Hello, how are you

How are you

OOO LOOK THE MEENING DOESN'T CHANGE
>>
>>100315100
It is the name of a city.
>>
>>100315217
Calm down you fucking nigger, I know the meaning doesn't change. I want to know how the nuance changes.
>>
>>100315145
It doesn't. It's just a way of saying Hi or hey in this context.
>>
>>100315100
as far as i can tell it refers to a street name or town/city name.
>>
>>100315065
Thanks. I've seen it used as a censor, but I wasn't quite sure if that's what was going on.
>>
Can I feasibly learn all of the katakana in 3 days if I work very hard?
>>
here's the deal /a/nons.
Bought an android tablet to read mango and stuff.
Thought I could also use it to study japanese with
the help of a few apps.
Got to play store... only decent dictionary is JED. Everything else is shit.
Give me one reason why I should keep it instead of buying a decent denshi jisho.
>>
>>100315549
Yes. You will forget them if you just laze off after that though.
>>
>>100315618
Great, excited to get the kana out of the way so I can drown myself in vocab, kanji and grammar.
>>
Anybody know of a good guide to 敬語? I never really properly studied it and I wanted to make sure I don't have any misconceptions about it, but it's hard to find guides that focus on 敬語.
>>
>>100273141
>. Most annoying part of the language
Counters are overall pretty regular and easy to understand. It's really not that bad at all, and neither is keigo or kensongo. The worst part is names and 'irregular' readings in general.
>>
>>100315145
that's not 若し?
>>
Sorry to have to ask again. I might've missed it in the grammar guide I'm reading but what is the dash used for in Japanese? To hold a sound?
>>
>>100315549
Totally.
>>
>>100314990
俺のチ◯ポしゃぶれ
>>
>>100317180
Yep.「ー」 usually kept to katakana though.
>>
>>100317715
Thank you.
>>
>>100315100
>I think it's a number
Worst guess of the century. Seriously fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>100315145
It's If, supposing.
Supposing it rains, I won't go.
>>
>>100317654
(´・ω・`)
>>
ナチスは最高!
何で第二次大戦さえ負けなければ今時皆は格好良い軍服を着てたのに
>>
>>100317855
降ったら already expresses the supposition though. I guess it's as it's been said, it doesn't really do anything.
>>
Wait, so you can't name your child 死 or 屁 but 肥 is fine?
>>
>>100317945
第二次大戦でさえ負けなかったら、みんなはかっこいい軍服を着ていたのだろう
>>100318015
Yeah it's redundant, but the meaning is if. It doesn't just "have no meaning" though.
>>
So, I've been wanting to hear how someone has learned Japanese fluently and whose first language is English speaking Japanese. I'd like to hear how you guys sound. Any volun-fucking-teers? Put that mic on and get on Vocaroo.
>>
>>100318166
>肥える
In general just means to grow rich/fertile. Nothing wrong with it.
>>100318203
>、みんなは
Looks like I forget to put an 今 after this statement.
>>
>>100318228
>how someone has learned Japanese fluently
You won't find them here.
>>
>>100318015
There are a lot of things in Japanese which mean the same thing but have a slightly different feeling to them. If I had to put it into words I would say I use もし when I want to emphasize that I'm talking about a hypothetical. (たら can instead also be used to mean "when" or "after," like 授業終わったら行こう = When class ends let's go) You can also use もしも, which has the same meaning but to me sounds a tad bit more formal than もし.
>>
>>100315560
An electronic dictionary is essentially an EPWING reader. Your Android tablet can do that too, you just need to download an app for reading EPWING dictionaries, and (separately) the EPWING versions of whatever dictionaries you want.
>>
>>100318320
Okay I didn't want to use that word but you know what I mean. Someone who can make their way around a conversation.
>>
>>100318325
That's precisely the explanation I wanted, thanks friend.
>>
Anyone know where I can find Japanese language lectures online? I want to see what a Japanese classroom is like outside of my animes.
>>
>>100318228
k
Except my first language isn't English
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1A7b7Ic6oQo
>>
>>100319004
You sound like a badass.
What's your native language?
>>
File: 1363976816096.gif (1.99 MB, 486x583)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>100310753
Somewhat related, in high school, some of my fellow Korean friends once talked about a nigger in Korean, presuming he was just a regular gaijin. Later he came up to them and suggested they not say things like that again (in Korean).

>>100303121
I've been to libraries where you could talk but not on your phone, and I never thought anything of that.

>>100302160
>For instance, if you wanted to say, “Hi, I’m looking for a cheap place to stay,” all you have to do is say, “Me…”, trail off into silence, nod, and point knowingly to your head.
>mfw

>>100296568
>Not using Google Translate's drawing pad.
>>
File: 1389757898905.jpg (138.71 KB, 800x600)
138.71 KB
138.71 KB JPG
>>100319925
What you encountered was a black person anon.

The Nigger is the unintelligent form of the blacks. just the same as white trash is to white people.
>>
>>100319004
Why is this so familiar? What are you reading?
>>
>>100320809
>Why is this so familiar? What are you reading?

http://nov.2chan.net/35/res/751608.htm

I also noticed that I mispronounced at least 2 words. Oh well.
>>
>>100320484
Their criminal lifestyle does not result from stupidity but rather from being born into poor economic conditions in ghettos. They are intentionally segregated by whites like you so that this vicious cycle of poverty, crime, and violence continues.
>>
Is there a kanjidamage anki deck?
>>
Ok, my language is rusty so can you guys please help me? I made a thread but it fits here better I think. I'm sending a gift to a friend. We met each other a few years ago in college for Japanese. I can speak it alright, but writing it was never my strong suit. I want the letter to be along the lines of this when it gets to him in Japan. "To my good friend, _____. I'm glad we've stayed in contact for so long. I look forward to seeing you next year. I hope you like this gift as much as I liked yours. Yours truly, _____
>>
>>100320886
I just want to end Korea so much sometimes.
>>
>>100320985
If you can speak alright why don't you write what you want to say in Japanese but in romaji and we convert it to you?
>>
>>100320985
>please work for me for free
中出しされて喜び
>>
>>100321095
Isn't korea the primary shitposters on 2ch?
>>
>>100320984
Try googling it.
>>
>>100321143
中出 really looks like it should be someone's surname.

I wonder if such a person exists with that name.
>>
>>100321105
Because I only know enough to get by and that was back then even. I forget how to start a letter and all of that. I had the vocabulary of a toddler. I suppose that isn't 'alright' but it was something.
>>
>>100321297
Yeah pretty sure that's why they ban outside countries is because of the shitposting usually originating from Korea. (futaba would still have shitposting from here, because people on here like to shitpost over there, but I digress)
Korea really just loves making life difficult for people who would really just rather not deal with it.
>>
File: justforyou.jpg (173.24 KB, 674x882)
173.24 KB
173.24 KB JPG
>>100320959
>>
File: Hank Hill Handsome Face.png (198.57 KB, 647x647)
198.57 KB
198.57 KB PNG
>>100320959
>honestly believing this
Nice writing systems dude. Oh wait, you don't have any.
>>
>>100320985
我が親友〇〇よ
我は貴様を心底に愛しています
我等の魂の絆は末永く続く
来年の出会いは期待しております
貴様の賜物をいただけるのは崇高の醍醐味であった
その気持ちは相互であれば喜ぶ
不悉
〇〇
>>
What's wrong with Koreans? I can't tell if people outside of Japan are joking by hating Koreans or what.
>>
>>100321694
That's some mighty fine scripture you got there.
>>
>>100320984
https://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/94951939/#94971893
>>
>>100321714
Did you read
>>100320886
?
They are really really very extremely meddlesome people who complain and demand reparations all the time. They teach their population to hate Japan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CsW8IBZ8FI
>これらを書いたのは、小学生の子供達
I mean Jesus fucking Christ could you try and be a little less hateful and mad all the goddman time? The very existence of the word 火病 or hwabyung in Korean should tell you something about these people.
>>
明日の朝までに500語の文章を書かなきゃ・・・
>>
>>100321714
I'll try to elaborate on that with what I've picked up on from browsing /int/.

The south Korean government is basically enormously butthurt about their history with Japan, and thus they make their education system have a huge anti-Japanese bias so kids can grow up hating Japan. Most Japanese people don't hate Korea, and a lot of them like their shitty K-pop and dramas, but there exists Japanese who dislike Koreans only because Koreans hate Japanese.
>>
>>100321694
Thank you. I think. My Japanese isn't good enough to tell if you're fucking with me.
>>
>>100322008
It's perfect.
>>
>>100321891
>>100321999
I see. That makes sense I guess.
>>
>>100322187
I hope. Depending on the response I get I'll know.
>>
>>100322187
Not that guy, but do you really use 我 for letter writing? That's interesting.
>>
>>100322458
>Depending on the response I get I'll know.

Make sure to post it here
>>
>>100321889
>>100321353
Thanks.
>>
>>100322506
It has nothing to do with it being in a letter. It has to do with the tone you're trying to set. 我 has more of a formal, older nuance to it, that, in this case, is simply being respectful.
>>
>>100322578
>mfw he never talks to me again
>>
>>100321694
This is pretty amazing
>>
>>100322879
I'd say it's way too formal/obscure, but hey, at least he won't be insulting anybody's dead relative.
>>
Oh God that lesson 3-D Genki listening comprehension for the workbook.

Th-that wasn't Takeshi, right?
>>
File: 1335253070991.jpg (61.23 KB, 622x631)
61.23 KB
61.23 KB JPG
>>100321714
As a Korean who prefers neither country over the other, I can provide a little insight.

Considering there are still plenty of living Koreans right now who grew up in a Korea run by the Japanese, forced to abandon Korean traditions, adopt Japanese culture/language, etc., it's not very difficult to see why their children/grandchildren are able to sympathize with them and view the Japanese as a cruel enemy to Korea.

That isn't to say I'm defending these prejudiced ideals, personally I hate Korean propaganda bullshit with a passion, I'm just providing a reason as to why they might exist.

>In addition,Korean makes noise that ...
>"Christianity's Origin is in Korea!"
>...
>All is the Korean!"
Pic related, I laughed when I read this because this is the kind of shit many Koreans legitimately believe thanks to years of propaganda that tells them the reason why these "facts" are unknown is because of Japanese/western oppression.
>>
>>100322936
Obscure how?
>>
>>100323086
In the sense that no one actually talks like that.
He didn't say he's talking to his granddad's friend.
You're trying too hard not to step on any toes.
>>
>>100323159
was the 醍醐味 really not a big enough hint
>>
>>100323159
Then how should I write it instead?
>>
>>100323021
Wow, no wonder North Korea turned out like that.
>>
>>100323021
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs
>Koreans really believe this
>>
>>100323335
At least North Korea is up front about it.. South Korea seems like a snake in the grass in comparison
>>
>>100323315
That guy doesn't know shit, the letter is fine.
>>
>>100323335
Yeah no kidding, one fact that always gets me is that they reject borrowed words from the west (akin to when katakana is used in Japanese eg. コーヒー) and replaced them with made up words in Korean instead.
>>
>>100323668
Not too formal?
>>
>>100323845
It's completely normal. I'd write a letter like that to my cousin.
>>
>>100323594
>2:00-2:15
My sides went into eruption.
>>
>>100323677
>(akin to when katakana is used in Japanese eg. コーヒー)
That's not equivalent at all because Katakana's main purpose is to show that there's a change in pronunciation and it's not changing the word entirely.
コーヒー is not pronounced the same as こうひい, and the word is the exact same not something else they assigned like what the french do.
>>
>>100323845
It's hilariously too formal.
>>
File: 1336922375484.jpg (80.82 KB, 359x391)
80.82 KB
80.82 KB JPG
>>100323594
That Korean guy here, I actually thought this was real at first (and I wasn't really surprised) because >Koreans, and essentially, this is how they actually act with things like what was in that angry jap screenshot.
>>
>>100323984
>コーヒー is not pronounced the same as こうひい
コーヒー would be equivalent to こおひい though and would be pronounced exactly the same
>>
File: 1386483799585.jpg (43 KB, 520x346)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>100324059
>>100323845
>>
>>100321486
中出 満子さん
>>
File: 1386131627760.jpg (21.19 KB, 407x342)
21.19 KB
21.19 KB JPG
>>100323881
>>100324059
>>
>>100324079
It's not the same thing as assigning a new word and is only a bad thing if you're paranoid about somehow being judged by them.
>>
>>100324313
I never said any of that? Saying it's "pronounced" differently just because it's written in katakana is retarded though. おかえり and オカエリ are pronounced the exact same.
>>
>>100324142
>満子さん
Does this actually ever happen? Is this even legal?
>>
>>100319004
>fluently
>>
>>100307784
誰か助けてくれ
>>
>>100273216
....I say "go-ed"
Is that not correct?
>>
>>100326497
>>
>>100324391
返事遅くなってもうしわけない。晩ご飯ができたばっかりだから。
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/片仮名
ここに書いてあるように音を示すことを目的とする場合で用いられる
>漢字の音(音読み、固有名詞の特殊な読み、日本語以外の言語での発音、常用漢字外の文字の仮名表記)
つまり「変」または「普通じゃない」だと感じる言葉をカタカナで表示するのって普通なことだ。
>>
>>100326837
これでも用いろ(チンコを掴む)
>>
>>100326772
Nope.
>>
>>100326781
イェスと言ってればそんな質問じゃない。どっちが正解を言ってくれ
>>
>>100326772
Yeah go ahead and work on that English
>>
>>100326837
>A implies B
>therefore B implies A
Compelling argument dude.
>>
>>100327526
>see a post
>want to clarify a point in the post
>get misunderstood
>get made fun of
Yeah that sounds about like my life.
>>
>>100327655
>Things that are pronounced strangely are put in katakana
>Therefore things that are in katakana are pronounced strangely.
>>
File: 1330844593702.jpg (28.11 KB, 280x252)
28.11 KB
28.11 KB JPG
>>100327655
>throw elementary schooler on the bed
>pull my dick out
>cops come in and arrest me
>mfw they misunderstand and don't believe I was just getting her out of the way on my rush to go to the bathroom
>>
日本人はお米が大好きです。
私もお米が大好きです。
従って、私は日本人。
>>
How would you express something like "that would not have happened"? Specifically it was the "would" stuff that I'm unsure how to say, I know Japanese lacks things specifically corresponding to that but I'm unsure what the preferred means of saying this sort of thing is. Is it fine to say something like,

あいつはそんなに太らなければ、死ななかった。
Intended meaning "if that guy didn't get so fat, he wouldn't have died"
>>
File: 1380946864630.gif (1.10 MB, 200x150)
1.10 MB
1.10 MB GIF
>>100328243
>>
>>100328324
Yes, but the English version you wrote is wrong. It should be "if that guy hadn't gotten so fat, he wouldn't have died"
>>
>>100328543
As long as the Nipponese works.
>>
>>100318228
tried to do it. realized that despite reasonable fluency I have a fairly thick accent that is kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>100328324
太らなかったら might be even better.
>>
>>100328794
It's grammatically incorrect as なければ, so yes, it would be better
>>
>>100328869
The たら form seems more awkward in that case to me, what would be best? My intuition would be 太らなかったと for max clarity but I'm not sure.
>>
The Anki decks I've downloaded all show me a meaning and then give me the Japanese pronunciation/kanji, but that gets me nowhere since I'm just memorizing pronunciation/kana and the kanji doesn't stick at all. Any good decks that show the kanji first, then pronunciation/meaning?
>>
>>100328956
If the result is in the past, then you have to use たら.
The whole thing needs to be written.
>>
>>100329062
I've never heard that before, do you have a reference for that? I'm not demanding it but I'd be curious if you do.
>>
>>100329062
Now that you've mentioned it I've heard that too.
>>
>>100329151
タエ・キムのガイドを読んで
>>
Is "ware" another way of saying "I"?
>>
>>100329062
>>100329151
Actually nevermind, I feel like Tae Kim said that but that's wrong I know actually because yeah it does sound wrong or off.
Seems like そんなに should be あんなに to match あいつ logically, but そんなに doesn't sound off to me.
>>
>>100329322
我 means I, yes.
>>
>>100329334
He does say this:

>The past conditional is the only type of conditional where the result can be in the past. It may seem
strange to have an "if" when the result has already taken place. Indeed, in this usage, there really is no "if", it's just a way of expressing surprise at the result of the condition. This has little to do with conditionals
but it is explained here because the grammatical structure is the same.

In addition to it being a pretty general conditional. I don't recall anything saying that if a condition is a past event that it -must- be stated in this form, however.
>>
>>100329505
Would I get laughed at for saying it? It sounds cooler than Boku.
>>
>>100329334
Yeah I think it should probably be あんなに because of the time difference elapsing from his death to the present conversation would make it sort of a distance in a manner.
>>100329610
Well take into account 言わなければよかった. The 「ば」 conditional has this behavior where it focuses more on the conditional that the result, and たら is the opposite. It's actually pretty important to understand that difference even though Tae Kim doesn't stress it. Now that I've looked over it, I firmly believe it's better the way it is now. Sorry for the doubt.
>>100329667
Yeah don't use it. Use 俺 or 私 until you've got it figured out. I don't like using 僕 either.
>>
>>100329667
Are you a big scary Yakuza man?
>>
>>100329936
I heard it was old people that use it.
>>
>>100330328
And big scary Yakuza men before they rip off their jackets like nothing.
>>
File: kanji.png (1.61 KB, 30x31)
1.61 KB
1.61 KB PNG
Can anyone tell me what kanji this is? The typography is throwing me off.

(Is the thread autosaging?)
>>
>>100330734
卵-egg
>>
>>100330734
たまご
>>
>>100329667
Use 私 you fucking retards, this is not anime, you are an illiterate gaijin you should not be using 俺。
>>
I guess I'm a huge faggot and all, but when the nips invented hiragana why didn't they completely remove kanji like the Koreans? Why would anyone want a system where you have to write 市 instead of the simpler し to mean city? Excuse my lack of a better example I don't really speak Japanese at all.
>>
>>100330982
>using 私 as a guy in non-formal situations
>>
>>100331231
>when the nips invented hiragana why didn't they completely remove kanji like the Koreans?
Too many homophones, doesn't look as cool, really doesn't simplify too much in the end, katakana was invented first, they actually had a system like that, but it was a pain in the ass to write, and was reformed. Lots of reasons. The language simply would not work very well at all with it.
透明 東名 党名 
着く 突く 付く 就く 点く 築く 衝く
Do you see a problem here?
>>
>>100330982
But watashi doesn't sound cool. It has three syllables.
>>
後に21歳になりったの時、火星に行きましょうね

Do I know Japanese yet, or am I still a moron?
>>
>>100331511
What the FUCK are you doing if you're not at work in a formal situation you lazy gaijin?
>>
>>100331231
感じた
観じた
カンジタ
>>
>>100331562
Just use 拙者 or 儂
>>
>>100331585
I feel sorry for you if the only situation you use Japanese in is at work.
>>
>>100331515
So Rikaikun told me althose Kanji read as

つく 

How do differentiate these words in speech? You just showed me 6 words that are pronounced the exact same way, Japanese isn't tonal.
>>
>>100331568
You both do not know Japanese and are a moron for considering going on that billionaire's trip to Mars. It is a one-way ticket to solitary death.
>>
>>100331568
You don't know Japanese
>>
>>100331716
コンテクスト
>>
Most of the time you should use 私. Real life is not anime.
>>
>>100331716
context you retard
>>
>>100331733
I'm not considering it. It was a joke because someone said we should go to Canada when we turn 21.
Is it unfixably bad?
>>
>>100331773
There still must be some confusion, no? Maybe I'm just bad at understanding how other languages work. I am bilingual but it's a romance language, which is easier than nipongo.
>>
>>100331812
>Most of the time you should use 僕
FTFY
>>
>>100331688
迂叟
>>
>>100331773
ならコンテクストで漢字が無くしても読めるじゃないか
必要絶対ある場合じゃないと思う
>>
>>100331716
Pitch accent often helps you out, but in this case all but 突く have the same accent. You just go on context. You might ask if it's decipherable from context then why use it at all. Well it just makes things easier to read and probably isn't necessary. However, when you entire language is filled with things like 硬化、高価、効果, etc., then you're going to run into some trouble without either proper pitch accent or different notations in which to represent them: in the case, kanji.
文脈
>>
>>100331936
Enjoy sounding like a manchild. Everyone is too polite to say anything.
>>
>>100332044
Says someone who's never actually been to Japan
>>
>>100331981
漢字がなくしても文脈だけを使用しら解読できるはずだ
絶対に必要な物だと思わない
Or something would be better.
>>
>>100331876
21歳になったら、火星に行くことになる
>>
>>100332081
お前こそ住むことないと思う。あるとしても誰もお前みたいな奴が「僕」を使うのは恥じべくことを暗示してあげなかった
>>
What's the difference between a るverb and an う verb ending in る?
>>
>>100332431
Conjugation. Now go read Tae Kim.
>>
>>100332402
>お前こそ住むことないと思う
Well you clearly didn't stay very long champ. Not with this Japanese.
>>
>>100332151
アイ シンク ソ 2
>>
>>100332483
>Well you clearly didn't stay very long champ. Not with this Japanese.
Well you clearly didn't stay very long champ. Not with this Japanese (none).
>>
>>100332477
I know that they conjugate differently. But is there any way to know the difference when learning new verbs or will I have to check?
>>
>>100330883
>>100330890
Thanks, folks
>>
>>100332587
Read Tae Kim you fucking idiot.
>>
>Transated letter to friend
>First line is "I love you from the bottom of my heart"
>Apparently no one notices and instead argues about whether it's too formal sounding
Yep just another day on /a/
>>
>>100329045
Anyone?
>>
>>100332541
はい、住んだことがない
      ・ ・ ・  ・  ・ 
たしかに住んだことがない
わかるか?
>>
>>100332700
>no one notices
>thinking this
>>
File: 1339084243364.png (138.37 KB, 372x372)
138.37 KB
138.37 KB PNG
>>100332700
You actually went and sent that?
>>
>>100332775
お尻大変でしょねw
>>
>>100331981
You're absolutely right. Kanji aren't necessary to read. They make it easier because they help you organize words and because they compress the sentence, so you don't have to read as many symbols in order to read a sentence. It really has fairly little to do with homophones.
>>
>>100332952
いやそれはそっちだろ?
まあ大したことないから気にしない
>>
>>100333066
>They make it easier because they help you organize words and because they compress the sentence, so you don't have to read as many symbols in order to read a sentence. It really has fairly little to do with homophones.
I've thought about that too, but I always saw it more as a non-especially intended side benefit rather than something serving an express purpose, but either way, it is one of the larger benefits and reasons for it.
>>
Is the second Yotsuba reading pack worth the money? I'm about halfway through the first and it's been quite helpful so far.
>>
So what's the difference between フランス and 仏?
>>
>>100333255
仏 is France's kanji, while you actually call France 仏.
For example in 日米 America's kanji is 米, but you actually call it アメリカ(亜米利加)
>>
>>100333255
One is a word, the other is a kanji.
>>
>>100333348
>while you actually call France 仏.
Actually call it フランス*
>>
Someone make a thread
>>
>>100333498
This one isn't gone yet.
>>
>>100333498
ノー
>>
>>100333498
誰か!貴様の母をつくって!
>>
>>100333600
チンコでwwwwww
>>
>>100333553
I mean when it's done.
>>100333600
うせぇ
>>
>>100332913
No. I said fuck it and brushed up.
>>
How did these threads start originally?
>>
>>100334182
Someone said:

"Hello /a/.

I think it would be a good idea to have daily Japanese threads."

That's how it started.
>>
ゴアシットは日本の最高の音楽家だ
>>
>>100334182
If you look in the archive, you should be able to find the first thread. By typing "Daily Japanese Thread' in the subject field, and then going back as far as possible, and then using links from those threads to previous threads (should only have to do this once) to get to the first thread, and you can read the gospel there.
>>
>>100334492
Oh I see, that's a good idea, thanks
>>
>>100334463
Link?
>>
>>100334182
「アノンよ、くそポストしろ」、
>>
>>100334515
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/60215474
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/60268205/
Actually I just went ahead and found them for you.
First two threads ever.
>>
>>100334182
「アノン君、くそポストしろ」 と神様が命じました。するとアノン君がさっとくそポストしたのです。
>>
>>100332151
>>100332151
かんじ、が、ある、おかげで、にほんご、は、いちどくして、ぶんしょう、の、きれめ、や、ぜんたい、の、いみ、が、わかる、のです。
おと、を、あらわす、ひらがな、だけ、では、にほんご、の、ほんとう、の、かち、は、あじわ、えません。
かんじ、を、おぼえる、までは、たいへん、かもしれません、が、

漢字とひらがなを組み合わせることで、
文から音と意味とグラフィックな効果を一度に感じ取れる。
これが日本語の面白さです。

ええ、めんどうですね。
>>
>>100334618
Oh, cool, looks like a I have a lot of reading to do
>>
File: des.png (75.44 KB, 830x238)
75.44 KB
75.44 KB PNG
Good times.
>>
>>100334538
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xml9It_PP4

大阪で生まれた彼は
>>
>>100334873
I thought you were full of shit but yeah that's pretty damn good
>>
>>100334618
Man, I completely forgot about the Accel spammer. Those were dark times.
>>
So anyone who was there at the beginning, how much progress have you made? Was the thread helpful?
>>
>>100334779
Aweee
>>
>>100335426
I have learned five new kanji since then and I get better at them every day
>>
>>100335426
Not as much progress as I wanted, though that's mostly my fault for taking too many breaks.

The threads were very helpful when I was just starting out. Now I mostly keep them open for random questions or just as a motivational tool.
>>
>>100335426
A lot. Yes, but I've also wasted a lot of time here, though I enjoy it's existence fully and I'm mainly just sitting around taking this language casually at this point till I go to Japan in about a year's time.
>>
>>100335426
I came here about 6 months after they started. Wouldn't have kept with it if not for these threads, now I come here to shitpost and give 'advice'.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.