[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/


File: streamingisjustbetter.png (224.72 KB, 1200x1200)
224.72 KB
224.72 KB PNG
Torrenting is unnecessary and time consuming, and add little to the enjoyment of anime that cannot be provided by streaming. Discuss.
>>
File: antisemitic.jpg (9.43 KB, 174x204)
9.43 KB
9.43 KB JPG
>most philosophers would facepalm because you don't become a consumerist whore, never satisfied with what you have and always looking for more and more pleasures and luxuries

That's right goyim.
>>
No way, idiot
>>
It's 2014, why don't you have space?
>>
>>100063659
> uses optical media
> has optical drive
> doesn't have storage space
>>
>>100063884
But why? I can still enjoy the story on a reasonable stream, and without wasting time and disc-space by downloading, and without the threat of virus or prosecution.
>>
I just now clicked on torrents for Log Horizon and Nisekoi. They will be done in under five minutes. FIVE MINUTES. Time consuming? How fucking impatient are you? If you have a decent internet connection, you could be downloading a much better version of something you have to wait to buffer anyway.
>>
>>100064022
because empire total war is a meaty game, and I store my music on here.
>>
> time consuming
lrn2rss
> virus
You deserve it
> prosecution
You deserve it for living in a country that is free to prosecute you for torrenting
>>
>>100064138
I store my 100 gigs of music on my hard drive and several large games, and all of my anime

Why don't you have any space? Do you have some 6 year old computer?

an episode averages at around 500 megabytes, you're telling me that you don't have that much space? That's bad for your computer
>>
True, it does have clear advantage in that more recent series are available quicker, but that just depends on how much anime you watch and how big a backlog you have.
>>
Just stop seeking acceptance from /a/ and enjoy your fucking nippon cartoons, streamed or not.
>>
File: dog4.jpg (160.03 KB, 717x585)
160.03 KB
160.03 KB JPG
>>100063659
So you don't like to enjoy anime. If you don't care about audio and video quality, you might as well watch it dubbed. But it's probably bait.
>>
Arguing with casuals like they give a shit.
>>
>go to stream
>shit quality
>buffers slowly
>torrent
>done in less than 1 min
>watch it on whatever device I want
>high quality
>>
>>100064232
>Do you have some 6 year old computer?

yes, i think. dell 1545
>>
>torrenting
>>
File: 1373471949053.jpg (75.17 KB, 500x500)
75.17 KB
75.17 KB JPG
>>100064304
I fucking love these dogs
>>
>>100064232
Hey, my computer is 6 years old and yet I have 8TB storage array in it. 6 years is nothing.
>>
>>100063659
>video quality
>don't care

>your opinion
>don't care
That was easy.
>>
>>100064304
Well, if quality is so good, why don't you actually support the creators and buy the dvds and watch them on a 45 inch HD tv?
>>
>>100064428
Alrighty then.
>>
>>100064445
>dvds
Do you live in 2008?
>>
>>100064445
>dvds
>quality
Pick one.
>>
File: 1377593016198.jpg (227.67 KB, 1024x921)
227.67 KB
227.67 KB JPG
>>100064138
>Playing Empire
>streaming
>having no space
>>
File: 1352838266998.jpg (51.40 KB, 459x371)
51.40 KB
51.40 KB JPG
>>100064364
So you're talking to a bunch of people with large amounts of memory and high quality computers, and you think that what is good for your computer applies to our shit?

I have 650 gigs of memory on my laptop alone, disregarding my 1TB external. I can download an average episode in minutes, sometimes without even realizing it because I have RSS set up.

None of your argument apply to me or most of the people here because we aren't living in the stone age
>>
>>100063659
>time consuming
You can download new episodes while you watch the first one, enjoy your buffering on every episode.
>>
>>100064532
Bluray then.
>>
>>100064067
What are you saving your disc space for?

>virus
>>
OP, are you just buttravaged that your university campus won't let you torrent?
If so I recommend xdcc.
>>
>>100064550
How much did that all cost?
Is there not a more fulfilling way to spend your time and money, that actually benefits yourself and others?
>>
>>100063659
>click download
>take a piss
>episode ready to go

I don't see how it's time consuming at all.
>>
But OP, I can download my animu while I sleep or am at work by starting them before I leave and then watch it when I have free time and as much of the ep I want without needing to load the video up again

Also easier to get high quality through torrents then it is by streaming
>>
>>100064712
I don't know. Yet.

But, all the same. It's available if necessary.
>>
>>100064723
In the year 2014, how the fuck is having a good computer not a good use of money? what the hell else am I going to spend my money on?

You're such a whiny little poorfag. Get lost
>>
>>100064317
But you'll clog up your computer with unnecessary bytes!!!
>>
>>100064067
>threat of virus
You're more likely to get a virus through streaming.
>>
>>100064714
>XD
Get the fuck out.
>>
I stream because I can legally pay for my anime and not have to steal it because I am not a child whose mammy won't give them money, and I have a job unlike 99% of you worthless shit smears social parasites.

I am better than you and you know it, but feel free to let your butt ravage be demonstrated by whining like little bitches at my comment. You are so fucking predictable, you will bitch and complain and insult me because you know I am right and it pisses you off so much you have to come up with any justification for your actions.
>>
>>100064067
>prosecution.

Guberment and Japs don't care if you steal chinese cartoons.
>>
File: screams internally.png (591.87 KB, 762x948)
591.87 KB
591.87 KB PNG
>>100064714
XDCC changed my life and I don't know why I didn't get into it until last year. Two years of college spent wrestling with DDLs...
>>
why are we even discussing torrents when xdcc is superior?

the only torrent sites i'm on, animebytes and bakabt, have a restricted list. lame as shit
>>
>>100064904
It wasn't funny last year, it's not funny now
>>
>>100064910
>I stream because I can legally pay for my anime
Buy the bluray then faggot.
>>
>>100064723
> Is there not a more fulfilling way to spend your time and money, that actually benefits yourself and others?
Not him, but I love seeing numbers go up in my torrent upload statistics, thus buying bigger and bigger HDDs is the most fullfilling way for me to spend time and money, that actually benefits others.
>>
>>100064910
Say that to my face fucker not online see what happens
>>
>>100064931
you are not breaking any copyright laws by viewing material as it is protected through fair use
>>
>>100064971
>animebytes
>restricted

What?
AB has everything.
>>
>don't care about quality
>don't care about having to wait through shitty buffering
>don't care about having shit clog up the screen
>don't care about having to use horrible flash player that doesn't work 90% of the time
>don't care about having to switch to a different stream site every 2 episodes
>don't care about not being able to find what you want instantly
>would rather pay money than not pay any money
>don't want to waste time on things I enjoy, and especially don't want to make those things I enjoy more enjoyable.
>don't have space for 5gb 2 season show.
>>
>>100064817
In a severe economic depression, or indeed at any time, is spending such large amounts of money on frivolity wise?

>what the hell else am I going to spend my money on?

Books. Night classes on pottery, or other skills. A water pump for starving African orphans. Shares. Tickets to a play.

Something to provide clear benefit to others, or that satisfies your higher pleasures.
>>
How can you lack storage when you can buy a 1 terabyte Seagate Barracuda or WD Black for around 65 dollars?
>>
>>100065058
AB only has full series collections
>>
>watching on my pc
torrent
>laying in bed (no laptop)
stream on phone
>watching on 60'' tv
bluray

i like to think i've hit a healthy medium
>>
>>100064931
Could if they got me on something else.
>>
>>100064723
>not a more fulfilling way to spend your time and money, that actually benefits yourself and others

You're as bad as those people who go
>Don't play video games, you're just wasting your life.
>>
File: 010.jpg (48.66 KB, 495x480)
48.66 KB
48.66 KB JPG
Shitty bait thread, report and ignore
>>
>>100064714
Some campuses block irc as well.
>>
>>100065030
Is there not greater need amongst others, the poor, homeless, needy?
>>
>>100065094
>large amounts of money
Are you kidding me, you fucking poorfag?
>>
>>100064991
I do, in fact my next shipment should be the BD of Volume 2 of UMD should ship in a little over two weeks.

I stream to watch when it airs, and buy BD for my collection.
>>
>>100065244
Go donate your computer to them, I'll wait right here.
>>
>>100065186
DC++ then, last I heard it is not dead yet.

>>100065244
But helping the poor does not boost my ego as much as seeding, neither it provides me entertainment.
>>
>>100065168
Well, for a lot of games, you are. Just filling time between cradle and grave. However, there are many exceptions in gaming. In anime however, not so much.
>>
File: 1374197018468.png (835.98 KB, 1366x768)
835.98 KB
835.98 KB PNG
>>100063659
You tell'em bro
>>
>>100065383
Is your enjoyment more important than the survival of the poor?
>>
>>100065244
Of course there is. That's others' business, not mine. That is some "think about the children!" logic you have, that doesn't fly here.
>>
>>100065411
>Just filling time between cradle and grave

That's literally everything you do. Don't try to justify how some things are less of a waste of time than others just because you think so.
>>
>>100065186
If you're a CS mayor then complain to someone about it because IRC is pretty useful to open source software development.
>>
>>100065493
Yes.
>>
>>100065461
>gay sex with HATS ON

Gets me every time.
>>
>>100065493
Yes it is.
>>
>>100064723
>Is there not a more fulfilling way to spend your time and money, that actually benefits yourself and others?
You sound really arrogant. Even if you're "wasting" your money on overpriced luxury goods, you're still supporting the livelihood of the families working for that company.


fun fact: food aid to Africa actually hurts them
>>
There are absolutely no advantages to streaming.

I can download an episode in under a minute. The quality is better.

What possible reason could there be to stream? Are you one of those computer illiterates who is scared to use the disk space available to them?
>>
>>100065504
>That's others' business, not mine.

You are a human, are you not? Therefore the survival of your fellow man is of course your business. If it's not all of our business, then who's business is it?

Hell, even Elvis got it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw‎
>>
>>100065493
I'd say so.

>>100065703
Why would it be my business because I'm human.
>>
>>100065547
But if the way I spend my time provides a bigger benefit to myself, or to others or to both than the way you spend your time, is my existence not more meaningful?
>>
>>100065827
No.
>>
>>100065493
My enjoyment will eventually trickle down.
>>
>77 replies
Sasuga, /a/
>>
>>100065588
Your views are not helpful to the survival of the species. Therefore you are not helpful to the survival of the species. Ergo, for the benefit of all, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>100065827
No, not really.
>>
>>100065827
> 2014
> giving a fuck about meaningfullness of your existence
>>
>>100065827
>is my existence not more meaningful

It's not. "Meaningful" might as well be a buzzword.
>>
>>100065827
Why watch anime at all then?
>>
>>100065929
>Therefore you are not helpful to the survival of the species
Why is that important?
>>
>>100065929
>implying I live for the species
No time for that shit, I've got a backlog to clear.
>>
>>100065652
So give them schools and jobs through investment, not handouts.
>>
>>100065929
You breathing is not helpful to the survival of the species. Donate all of your organs to some African child and fuck off.
>>
>>100065929
Objection. Helping the poor and homeless contradicts "survival of the fittest", therefore it is harmful for the species as a whole.
>>
>>100065703
Yes, I am human. Why the fuck would I want to waste my time and money on animals like african monkeys?

Jesus you line of reasoning is so ass backwards it can only be a troll and I don't know why I am wasting my time responding to bait.
>>
File: No.jpg (39.89 KB, 304x475)
39.89 KB
39.89 KB JPG
>>100065827
>is my existence not more meaningful?
>>
>>100065793
>Why would it be my business because I'm human.

Because they are also human. You have a duty to care for other humans.
>>
>>100065880
>>100065937
Why?
>>
>>100065929
Why does the survival of a species matter at all. Not even trying to sound edgy.

>>100066095
It's been a troll since the OP but there are a lot of people who think like that.
>>
>>100065929
>Your views are not helpful to the survival of the species

Go suck a dick Dawkins.
>>
>>100066157
No, I don't. Apathy is a symbol of our evolution.
>>
Am I going to be fined for copyright infringement for streaming?
>>
>>100066157
>You have a duty to care for other non-degenerate humans.
fix'd.
By the way, "degenerate" means anybody who does not agree with my opinions.
>>
>>100066157
>You have a duty to care for other humans.
Says who.
>>
>>100066226
There is no outright meaning to life and so any choices made in life neither bring you closer or further from this purpose and as such are meaningless.
>>
File: 1364243043502.gif (231.06 KB, 300x300)
231.06 KB
231.06 KB GIF
This thread reminds me of that fake adobe dev from some months ago.
>>
>>100066083
Counter point. This would only be true if the poor where poor because they where somehow inferior, or on the other hand, if those who where rich where rich because they earned it. Neither are true.
>>
>>100066266
No, but you won't be fined for copyright infringement for torrenting either.
>>
>>100066157
No I don't. I have no responsibility outside of ensuring my own safety, comfort, and ability to pass my genes along. I conform with law because it ensures I have a safe stable environment to facilitate those three things. Fuck everyone else.

In before some little faggot throws out edgy because he is retard who can't understand the cliches he uses. Edgy implies I care about anything other than myself.
>>
>>100066226
Define meaningful. Then argue why it's important to be that.
>>
>>100064022
It's 2014, why don't you know where to get streams with the same quality as your torrents?
>>
>>100066095
Then help poor whites.
>>
>>100066252
Completely wrong. Evolution is there to benefit the species, not the individual. Survival of the fittest so that the group may survive, not the individual.
>>
>>100066379
What did that fake say?
>>
>>100066470
Chances are, I would be helping some high-school drop out fund his drinking habit and drug abuse.
So no.
>>
b8
>>
>>100066228
>Why does the survival of a species matter at all.

Touche. Considering the mess we have made of the planet, is it not better that we never existed in the first place?
>>
>>100066157
I don't help other people because it's my duty or some survival of the fittest evolution bullshit. I do it for the same reason I watch anime and play video games; I like doing it.
>>
>>100066631
Chances are, you will be helping some monkey from Africa that will be eating flies in a stick hut.
>>
>>100066597
Slightly wrong. Evolutions specifically benefits the individual so that the individual may help the group.
>>
File: 1388182768002.jpg (55.52 KB, 704x480)
55.52 KB
55.52 KB JPG
>>100066689
Hi, Anno.
>>
>>100066394
But in my country that is mostly the case. Rich people are those who managed to become powerful when USSR has fallen, poor are those who could not keep up with the chaos.
I'm not saying that either group deserved it, but it was completely up to their own capability to survive.
>>
File: smiley.jpg (6.17 KB, 153x192)
6.17 KB
6.17 KB JPG
>>100065999
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.
>>
>/a/ discussing the meaning of life
>concludes that it might as well be a buzzword
I love you guys so much.
>>
Summon Daiz.
>>
>>100066298
Just about every person to work in ethics ever. And quite a few besides, this is why murder is illegal.
>>
>>100066689
You could kill yourself, one less person to pollute Earth.
>>
>>100066784
Love is a buzzword.
>>
>>100066613
Eh, it was mostly saying they underpriced their products, that thanks to piracy they were losing millions every year and shit like that. He later ran out of material and revealed he didn't work for them.
>>
>>100066689
>Considering the mess we have made of the planet, is it not better that we never existed in the first place?

No. Did we make it harder for future life to exist? Probably.

But why does that matter.
>>
>>100064067
>without the threat of virus
You're more likely to get a virus or malware on a stream site than by downloading you know

>>100063659
All I got from that picture is that you're computer illiterate, don't care at all about the quality of your pastime, and actually prefer to inconvenience yourself. You defend this by accusing everyone else as being losers who don't go outside.
>>
>>100066470
If you are white, and you are poor it is because you have made some very bad decisions in your life, and that is the consequences of those actions.

So why should I feel any obligation to help someone that screwed their own life up?
>>
>>100066853
>this is why murder is illegal.
Or to stop people from being killed themselves.
>>
>>100066853
To preserve order.
>>
>>100066365
Alright then. However, if we where to look at it from a utilitarian viewpoint, is not the life that provides the greatest amount of happiness to the greatest number of people the more moral life?
>>
>>100066900
I find that last point to be hilarious, because RSS feeds prepare my anime for me while I do /fit/ stuff.
>>
>>100066853
>human life has inherent value

Wrong. The only thing that has inherent value is survival. Murdering other humans to gain an advantage in survival is not immoral.
>>
>>100067055
Don't cut yourself on those edges there.
>>
>>100064067

>time consuming

Torrents can be automated and it's not as though you're limited to one thing and one thing only- I can start a download and do something else in the meantime. Learn to multitask you 'ADHD muh everything now' babby.

>virus

Only a retard can't check if the source they're downloading from isn't legit. You can just as, if not more, easily get a virus from visiting some dodgy weeaboo pandering streaming site.

>prosecution

No one gives a shit and no one can prevent it either.
>>
>>100066408
>Fuck everyone else.

This isn't edgy, just childish. The fuck you got mine mentality is behind most if not all the problems of the world today, such as Afghanistan and the world financial collapse.
>>
File: 1389165345297.jpg (260.79 KB, 1200x1800)
260.79 KB
260.79 KB JPG
1TB drives are extremely cheap.
1TB as a system drive, video game drive, music drive and tv shows/movie/anime/porn drive is more than possible if you delete movies/shows/anime/games once you watch them or beat them.

Even then external HDDs up to 4TB are insanely cheap, considering its an investment you'll end up using on at least a weekly basis.

It's not a matter of having no money, it's about not wanting to bother.

Then again, I wonder, if you have a good place to stream from, and you stream shit like 10 year old anime that's 480p anyway, go for it.

I torrent because I have a 320GB drive that's enough for all my needs (5 year old WD Blue), and my internet downloads 600kb/s which is not enough to properly stream. Also the added benefit of torrenting something else while watching anime, then delete the anime and the cycle goes on.
Therefore no bandwidth wasted, and no space wasted.
>>
>>100067126
>mentality is behind most if not all the problems of the world today

You mean the jews, right?
>>
>>100067055
I tip my fedora to your, sir.
Let's have a go at it then, shall we? *puts on leather glove*
>>
>>100067055
Survival has no inherent value either. No values are inherent.
>>
>>100067211
>can't come up with a counter-argument
>shitpost fedora memes

You're literally reddit, you know that right?

I take that back. You're tumblr tier.
>>
>>100067023
Having overall ratio of ~30 means I have provided 30 people with happiness of watching all the anime I have watched.
>>
>>100066433
Meaningful in that it lessens the suffering, or increases the happiness of others. This is important because, under the principle of utility, it is the moral thing to do. Besides, helping others can easily provide more lasting satisfaction than the pleasure of watching anime (torrented or streamed) can.
>>
>>100067259
You do not deserve a proper counter argument.

Your views are trash intellectually and philosophically.
>>
>>100067126
>implying I should care about problems that don't directly affect me.
So what if some sandniggers get bombed as long as I don't have to deal with it. The only people the financial collapse really affects are those who are stupid enough to get caught up in the jews money games.
>>
>>100067023
>However, if we where to look at it from a utilitarian viewpoint, is not the life that provides the greatest amount of happiness to the greatest number of people the more moral life
Only if you assume utiliarianism to be correct, but as stated before just because you choose to define a meaning to life doesn't make it more meaningful in an objective sense.
>>
>>100067287
And why is it important to maximize happiness?
>>
I have a 100mbps connection and torrents are one of the few that uses all the bandwidth.

Also Crunchyroll is not available in my country.
>>
>>100067326
Feel free to prove me wrong. Whether or not something "deserves" a counter-argument is not for you to judge. You've already lost this argument.
>>
>>100066853
>Just about every person to work in ethics ever.

And why do their opinions matter? Seriously, all you're saying is that morals and ethics should be valued just because.
>>
>>100067287
It's not like happiness is some sort of rare resource that we have to amass.
>>
>>100067259
>The only thing that has inherent value is survival. Murdering other humans to gain an advantage in survival is not immoral.

That wasn't even an argument. Just a statement without anything to support it.
>>
Could someone post the original of OP's image please ?

I want to make it a redirect to my brothers stream sites
>>
At the beginning of every season I set up all my feeds to torrent as soon as they show up. You can't tell me that half an hour isn't worth four months of convenience, quality, speed, and ease of use.
>>
>>100066751
Same point, the end goal is the survival of the group, not the individual. Ergo selfishness, and by extension libertarianism, is against evolutionary instinct.
>>
/a/ - mor/a/lity and ethics
>>
>>100067385
There is no "winning" against utilitarian scum like you. You place no value on human life, so why would you ever place value on my argument?

I can declare this a victory, in that I have successfully disengaged from a child's arguments.
>>
File: Capture.png (10.35 KB, 263x161)
10.35 KB
10.35 KB PNG
>>100064232
>100 gigs

this nigga
>>
>>100067500
All you've done is avoid having to make an argument. And you call others children.
>>
>>100066631
So invest in a business giving that poor white man a job, or pay for his education. Or, buy the sandwich yourself and give it to him.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (174.36 KB, 1200x1200)
174.36 KB
174.36 KB PNG
>>100067462
>>100067462
Fuck you, lurk more.
>>
File: 1348367520090.png (101.22 KB, 762x704)
101.22 KB
101.22 KB PNG
>not torrenting dubbed anime with dual audio exclusively
fags
>>
>>100067481
Libertarianism is not selfish. Libertarians are not objectivists, and they are not Ayn Rand. Libertarians place the act of charity on the people, not the government. How is that selfish?

And don't use /pol/ or 14-year old "lolbertarians" as evidence for your claim.

>>100067500
>avoid argument because you have no argument
>>
>Live in college dorm
>internet is capped at 10gb per week
>max dl speed of 500kb/s spread across a floor of 40 people

This is hell. It takes me about a day and a half to download the typical 200-350mb episode of something in 480p and with regular usage (eg. porn, homework) I have about enough bandwidth for 4 episodes a week.
>>
>>100064022
I already have 10 TB of used space, and people are starting to wonder what I keep on my harddrives
>>
>>100067665
>living in a dorm

You know it's cheaper to rent an apartment, right?
>>
OP is Daiz bait.

> Don't care about quality, flexibility, dynamicity, lack of exploit vulnerability, lack of advertisements, timeliness, etc.
これはエサですね。阿呆ですよ。
>>
>>100066700
That is ultimately, pure selfishness. The Buddha would argue that this attempt to satisfy this desire for meaning frivolity would cause you suffering as you desire more and more better and better pleasures, causing angst when you cannot acquire them and emptiness when you grow bored of them.
>>
>>100067575
>>100067660
I refuse to make an argument as basic as why murder is wrong.

It is basic knowledge, and anyone who cannot grasp such a basic element of morality is not worth speaking to seriously.

One should not cast pearls before swine.
>>
>>100064267
This. I watch, have watched, and will always watch streams and no one here can stop me
>>
>>100067700
>are starting to wonder what I keep on my harddrives
Who is actually nosy enough to get bothered over that?

There's literally a million and one ways to politely or not-so-politely tell someone to mind their own business if they're getting all bothered about your computer storage space. How autistic does a person even have to be to even care about something like that?
>>
>>100067629
>pick up a dual audio torrent
>the dub is the default audio
Fuck me sideways, that always made me mad, at least until I found out about A and S.
>>
>>100067752
That kind of reasoning might be applied to the majority of things anyone does ever so it's kind of pointless to trot it out here, or at least uselessly unspecific.
>>
>>100066774
Please, both Russia and the USSR is riddled with corruption, poor education, health etc. For millennia, under the Tsars, Stalin and all the rest the poor man was kept deliberately weak. You think that would all change overnight?
>>
I don't mind torrenting but I never seed so I can't use private trackers
>>
>>100067778
This is the kind of brain-dead way of (not) thinking moralfags have, feast your eyes.
>>
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore.

Oh well.

I'm sick and tired of Daiz always running around and flaunting how smart and educated he thinks he is. He should stick to subjects he knows about, which I will admit he is 100% right in, in terms of encoding, but he should stop trying to act like he knows shit about Japanese and translating, when he fucking doesn't.

He's just a high-horse riding little fuckwit who thinks he's right about everything, and it pisses me the fuck off.

This isn't even about the translation anymore. This is about Daiz and his gigantic god damned ego. Daiz is everything wrong with fansubbing. EVERYTHING WRONG WITH IT. He wants us to get on our knees and suck his cock until the end of days for what he does. He wants us to worship him like a fucking god.

I hate Daiz. I hate him with every fiber of my being.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (274.21 KB, 1024x768)
274.21 KB
274.21 KB JPG
Here's why I don't torrent even now.

Saging in advance for heavy blogshit.

I'm basically an idiot and also a poorfag with mediocre internet on a cheap Android tablet by RCA with 8GB, though on a whim I've recently downloaded the utorrent app to see what I could do.

Back when I owned a computer which was literally a gift, it was an old Dell Latitude D610 and it had little space free to use as is, it has since then stopped connecting to servers even when connection is perfect and is now only barely useful for storage of actual videos, images, or extended OST.

Entire days of searching for advice to remedy this have done virtually nothing for me, initially the issue was not picking up any other connections and telling me to initiate the Wireless Zero Configuration, after finally figuring this out as I have already said I cannot connect to server even when a connection's status is Excellent, I can obviously only hope to fix it through a professional's service.

Now in the case of the tablet, download speeds even for images are terrible and even clicking image links takes forever to fucking load leaving manga completely shot.

And for all the searching I have done in the archives the suggestions were replies to people who owned higher processing hardware like Samsung Galaxy or iPad.

Conclusion?

I LITERALLY HAVE NO OTHER FUCKING CHOICE BUT TO STREAM
>>
>>100067778
Ever heard of cultural relativism versus moral objectivism? You probably haven't because you're a mongoloid, so allow me to educate you.

In one culture the fork is placed on the left of the plate, and in another it is place on the right. Is one right? Is the other wrong? No, it's merely a cultural standard. Right and wrong are relative.

Moral objectivism states that there is some underlying force that drives all morality (God), and that any culture that deviates from the moral standard set forth is wrong.

There are cultures that allow killing of others as retribution for something. Are they wrong? Are they savage? Are we wrong?
>>
>Complains about streaming because of quality
>watches HorribleSubs which are no better than streaming because they're stream rips

You're all fucking hypocrites.
Put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>100066597
>>100066751
>>100067481
Holy fuck you're both retarded.

Evolution simply means alleles which perpetuate their own existence in the next generation increase in frequency.

Lets say you have a "Messiah" gene that saves your entire species at the cost of the bearer's life. You die, allele frequency goes down, period.

Now lets say you have a gene which causes all of your children to be male (and also carriers of the gene). Because 100% of offspring have the gene, its fitness is terrific, and it spreads throughout the population, until all males have the gene and shortly after the species goes extinct.

Evolution couldn't give two fucks about the survival of the species.
>>
>>100064798
Because you're going to need those 200 mb used to download an episode the next 30 minutes, right? because you just delete the video once you're done with it.
>>
>>100067802
Nobody's gonna stop you faggot. If you want to eat shit, then eat shit but don't try to tell those of us who know better that it's not shit.
>>
>>100067849
This shit is always made as vague as possible so it makes it seem like it's some wise and important statement.
>>
>>100067826
Harddives take up plenty of space in a dormroom shared desk
>>
File: hd.png (791 bytes, 146x31)
791 bytes
791 bytes PNG
i just download everything i watch to a hdd i pulled out of an old pc i used to have.

i just delete things when it gets full
>>
>>100067930
You could always buy a new computer, a cheap one can handle 720p 10bit as long as it is from 2010 or newer.
>>
>>100067971
i've never tried telling you that it's not shit, it's always torrentfags who claim their differently-flavored shit is not shit
>>
>>100067399
Well, I suppose that all depends on whether you hold living the "good life" to be of any importance.
>>
>/a/ is half-full of liberals with a degree in liberal arts
When did this happen?
>>
File: 1355348404047.jpg (38.79 KB, 277x277)
38.79 KB
38.79 KB JPG
>not buying SSDs to watch anime faster
>>
File: SpecOpsTheLine.jpg (628.96 KB, 2560x1600)
628.96 KB
628.96 KB JPG
>>100066700
This guy liked helping people too.
>>
>>100068078
>differently-flavored shit
But that's implying it's shit to begin with.
>>
>>100067802
You really think someone's going to try and stop you? You really think anyone actually cares?
>>
>>100067358
Because being happy makes people feel good. And most people like feeling good.

And unlike pleasure, happiness lasts.
>>
>>100067725
I wish
Dorm is 6k a year with utilities and this god-awful internet connection included.

The cheapest places within reasonable distance of the campus are starting at 1k a month, most charge extra for utilities and internet is an extra expense. On top of that, I'd either need to buy a transit pass and suffer the horribly inept and inconsistent bus schedule or buy a car, which then adds another thousand or so per month for gas and insurance, since I'm supposedly an "at risk demographic" for traffic accidents.

Life is expensive and since I don't have 12 dicks and a masters in having-rich-parents (a very exclusive major), my employment options are basically limited to whatever has the lowest standard and longest hours.
>>
>>100067778
>Basic knowledge
Lot of implications there bud. Murder isn't right or wrong. There is no inherent value in life. Not killing others is a purely selfish act and predicated on a social contract. I don't kill others so that others don't kill me. As long as that agreement is held to things function smoothly. If someone intends to harm me I have no reason to maintain my end of the agreement either. Self defense is a pretty way to say try to kill me and I will try to kill you. The only person that matters to me is me. I am sure the only person who really matters to you is you.

Now you are going to retort with some childish ad hominem attack about me being edgy or a child. It isn't a matter of being edgy or childish. Experience has shown me the value of life is equal to zero. If you ever climbed out of your hugbox and saw what the reality of human nature is you would realize this.
>>
I live in Australia and my internet isn't capable of streaming 720p.
>>
>>100067950
It's not Commie.
>>
>>100063659
You lost me at "Don't care".
>>
>>100067930
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the report system will result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or saged it, or another post, is also disallowed—please do not announce your reports or sages. Friendly reminder: sage is not a downvote.
>>
>>100067626

I'm too busy watching anime

I don't watch anime
>>
>>100068135
This whole thread is proof that people on here actually care what others do
>>
File: torrent.jpg (23.59 KB, 240x197)
23.59 KB
23.59 KB JPG
>torrent everything
>seed nothing

Feels good mang
>>
>>100063659
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JU4S/

Get one of these and some patience and stop being a pleb.
>>
File: 1359167169725.jpg (182.88 KB, 600x469)
182.88 KB
182.88 KB JPG
>>100067834
>implying dub being the default is bad
personally I prefer dub over sub
but i can stand subs as long as there isn't too much moe talk in jap
>>
>>100067175
If by "Jew" you mean people who value their own pleasure, wealth etc. above all else, then yes.
>>
>>100068078
Putting torrents on the same level as streaming is like putting MPC-HC on the same level as VLC. Which is of course untrue.
>>
>>100065094
>Night classes on pottery

Haha, you are actually a faggot.
>>
>>100067834
mkvmerge master race
>>
>>100067055
Y'see that's all well and good until someone brains you with a brick for a bag of mouldy vegetables.

Then suddenly people change their mind.
>>
>>100068167
>happiness lasts.

Yeah, all those happy married couples that get divorced within a year sure are fuckin' happy with half their stuff gone now.
>>
>>100067778
> Morality is absolute, not relative.
Ritual sacrifice was practiced in many different cultures way back when. That was deemed 'morally correct' back then. Today? Not so much. There were also other cultures who did not practice ritual sacrifice and found it abbhorent. Therefore, morals are relative to both the times and the people. You could extend this to justice, and say that there is no such thing as absolute justice, and only relative justice (i.e. what the judge / jury deems to be suitable punishments, and what those who craft laws deem to be punishable are both facilitated by people, who have different morals, and therefore different sets of people would give different punishments).

We could deem that morality is dictated by whatever the majority deems to be 'correct' and 'incorrect', which essentially is the case today. However, an individual's morality cannot be perscribed to being more or less judiciary than another, since no man is worth more than another. Thus, a crazed axe murderer has equal moral standing to any individual, and is only lower, to society at large (the justice system).

I have no why I'm rambling.
>>
>>100063659
If you really want to stream, nobody's really stopping you. Continue to view with lesser quality.
>>
>>100067107
Sorry mate, we've moved on a bit from that.
>>
>>100068167
>unlike pleasure, happiness lasts

When has this argument of "true happiness> pleasure" ever held true in anything besides fictional stories and fables.
>>
>>100068271
People only care when someone makes a thread like this.
>I like streaming and here's why, in case you were wondering!
OP is just blogging
>>
>>100063659
Most of the original criterions are false anyway. You can extract videos from the cache, you can stream without using a flash player, it's much easier to find releases on streaming sites because all you do is reload and you have the list of all releases this day instead of having to stalk multiple groups or search for specific titles every single week for a few days, old releases tend to be very easy to find at streaming sites because the older they are, the least likely they are to be taken down, and it's not possible to watch after a short streaming period for ddl/xdcc/torrent unless you twist words such that you can also say that streaming has high quality audio and video. Also, no relevant streaming services have time limits, and nobody browses the web without adblockers. Beside, you have more ads trying to get to the torrent/ddl link than you do watching the video streamed.
>>
File: danza.jpg (12.80 KB, 294x331)
12.80 KB
12.80 KB JPG
Having a CR account is like having a Steam account

Let that sink in for a minute
>>
>>100068078
>i've never tried telling you that it's not shit
I know you didn't and that's why I said it - to keep it that way. It's always streamfags who are the ones starting shit when they have been proven wrong time after time. Prevention is the key to decreased shitposting.
>>
>>100068463
>half
>implying woman don't take everything and more because males need to check their privilege
>>
>>100067266
No, you have temporarily sated 30 other people's desire, which can never be fulfilled, as opposed to substantially improving the quality of other people's lives.
>>
>>100068511
An axe murderer is actually insane and has no sense of morality. That is the difference.
The Aztecs were savages as well. Cute savages, but savages nonetheless.
>>
>>100068324
>Implying the vast majority of dubs aren't shit
>>
>>100068463

Those memories of being happy last but the state of being 'happy' is a transient thing.

Your refutation was terrible and irrelevant.
>>
>>100068706
Hunger can never be fulfilled.

Maybe you should stop doing that.
>>
>>100068693
>it's always streamfags who are the ones starting shit
Is that why i always see hordes of faggots with nothing better to say than ">streaming anime" whenever someone posts a screen from a stream?
>>
>>100068324
>personally I prefer dub over sub
Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>100067336
There is no such thing as objectivity in life, as all life is perceived through a subject, ourselves. We can never find the objective meaning of life, and so your own meaning is just as valid, providing it well reasoned and logical.
>>
>>100068720
>An axe murderer is actually insane and has no sense of morality

Woah now - Raskolnikov had moral values, he was just a little misguided in his actions and overestimated himself.
>>
>>100068720
>The Aztecs were savages as well

And they live on today, in our Mestizo south american population.

God damn it spain, why can't you do anything right?
>>
>>100068706
He is substantially improving the quality of my life by providing me with means to go on with my hobby, one of the few things I enjoy doing among a lot of other things that I don't.
>>
File: 1383958952816.jpg (19.43 KB, 101x120)
19.43 KB
19.43 KB JPG
>>100068213
>Lot of implications there bud. Murder isn't right or wrong. There is no inherent value in life. Not killing others is a purely selfish act and predicated on a social contract. I don't kill others so that others don't kill me. As long as that agreement is held to things function smoothly. If someone intends to harm me I have no reason to maintain my end of the agreement either. Self defense is a pretty way to say try to kill me and I will try to kill you. The only person that matters to me is me. I am sure the only person who really matters to you is you.

>Now you are going to retort with some childish ad hominem attack about me being edgy or a child. It isn't a matter of being edgy or childish. Experience has shown me the value of life is equal to zero. If you ever climbed out of your hugbox and saw what the reality of human nature is you would realize this.

Lot of implications there, pal.

I don't kill people because holy shit why would you do that?

You seriously don't kill people just because it would result in you being killed?

Why do I refuse to argue with you?

We are entirely incompatible. I Care.

I actually give a damn about many people I meet, even if I dislike or hate them. I do not do this because of a social contract. I do this because I enjoy doing good things.

My experience has shown me that the value of life is exactly what you make of it. I choose to not be a sad sack of shit.

I have been through every moral system I know of. You're at nihilism.

I was there. I do not require theories, or systems, or anthropological or philosophical notes to believe what I do.

I'm not going to stop you from being a childish cynic. You won't make yourself any better, and you won't make the world any better. I'm going to die in less than 60 years, so I think I'll charge at my windmills in peace.
>>
>>100067425
No. It is not. You are under no pressure to feel happy. It's just most people like to.

Even people who make a point of being sad gain happiness from refusing other's attempts to make them happy.
>>
Nothing matters, there is no inherent value to anything.

What does it matter what I do or don't do as long as I enjoy myself?
>>
File: 1381539043923.png (208.28 KB, 360x422)
208.28 KB
208.28 KB PNG
>>100064445
FALSE.

Buying from middleman companies from funimation does nothing to support the anime studio. They already get paid from the license fees, they barely see a fraction of the money you spent on the show.

Import or don't buy at all faggot, don't support middleman bullshit companies like Funimation
>>
>>100068662
>there are people this retarded who do not know about the existence of nyaa
>>
>>100068720
The Aztecs being savages is based on your perspective on morality. Who says that your line of thinking is objectively 'correct', other than yourself and society, where it's essentially one massive self-perpetuating moral circlejerk?

The crazed axe murderer has a sense of morality, just not one that aligns with society at large. Unless you mean to prove that all men are not equal, you cannot claim that moral superiority to anyone as an individual. Society can, as an acting majority, but you alone cannot.
>>
>>100068511
For the most part, most modern moral theorists focus on morality based upon objectives and goals.

Something is morally correct if it is conducive to a goal based upon mutually agreed upon premises. If you haven't already guessed, this all ties in neatly with political theory

The idea is that when people get together and form society, and their involvement in that society is institutionalized, then you can established generally agreed upon objectives for that society and define morality for that society based on that. Generally speaking, these goals aren't goals int he sense of "alright what are we going to accomplish?", but rather goals that are themselves inherent to the sustained function of a social group and the benefit of those within it.

For example; safety (survival along with this) happiness, etc.

We can say that Murder is morally wrong because we are part of a society in which murder is inimical to the successful operation of that society. This is also why we have many different words for the intentional termination of life by one party onto another, because there are contexts in which killing a member of society is not viewed as detrimental, thus we use words like "capital punishment", "execution" or other such words.

At which point morality becomes complicated in 2 ways. In one way -moving forward with the murder example- it becomes extremely important to ensure that the distinction between detrimental killing and beneficial killing are enforced, if these boundaries are allowed to become obscured then it can become dangerous to society. There is, as a result, a great deal of interest in being certain that capital punishment is justifiable in every individual case where it is considered.

Cont'd
>>
>>100068955
Yes, everything is meaningless, but people trudge on and make the most of their lives despite everything ultimately being meaningless. He makes some valid points, especially regarding the inherent value of life.
>>
>>100069079
Nice non-sequitur, retard.
>>
>>100067660
>Libertarians place the act of charity on the people, not the government. How is that selfish?

People should not rely on charity. Government has a duty of care to it's citizens, represented by the power people have over the government.

The poor man has no power over the rich man, outside of physical violence, and so cannot enforce the duty of care, other than through violence. This leads to ever escalating violence between the social classes, and so the breakdown of civilisation.

Basically, libertarianism and putting the self above all else leads, inexorably, to a Mad Max situation. This is hardly fair on everyone, purely because rich people don't want to pay tax.
>>
File: 1353224825473.jpg (75.03 KB, 1280x720)
75.03 KB
75.03 KB JPG
It's probably just a single troll in this thread but I'll just make a quick comment in this thread.

Ask yourself why you do something, alright?

Now ask yourselves ''why?'' again.

And again.

And again.

You see, repeatedly asking this question will always give you the one, same answer, that everything you do comes down to self-satisfaction. This isn't some subjective opinion but a real, objective truth when it comes to why humans make the choices they do.

Objective evil or good doesn't exist because they're both derived from morals and morals are subjective depending on what works for which society.

''Good'' people are just people well adapted to society and ''evil'' people are people who've strayed from the common life and beliefs for various reasons. And seeing as people are a result of the environment they grew up in, no person can be deemed as inherently evil since even the most ''good'' person in the world would also commit murder during certain circumstances.
>>
File: 1359772284526.jpg (27.51 KB, 432x288)
27.51 KB
27.51 KB JPG
>>100068770
I am implying that
>>100068839
Fanny flustered that someone has a different opinion than yours?
>>
>>100069449
>being objectively wrong
HURR DURR 1 + 1 = 18!!!
Fanny flustered that someone has a different opinion than yours???!?!?!?11//
>>
>>100064971
XDCC is best for new shit.
AB is best for old shit.
>>
>>100069157
The other complication is that of utilitarian benefit vs collective benefit. In other words, the Humanitarian Dilemma. Legitimized Institutionalized killing is dangerous because it becomes contradictory to the goal of safety in a society

Safety can be considered in 2 ways. The extreme utilitarian premise that underpins the justification for capital punishment is that the many can be protected by eliminating the threat posed by the few to that majority's safety. The other side of that is the suggestion that a societies obligation to protect and service the needs of its constituents extends even to those who are not directly beneficial, or may be directly inimical to that society. Capital Punishment is rejected on those grounds because it makes society obligated to the needs of those who would otherwise be harmful. The orison system is a crude sort of implementation of that philosophy.

It is also an extension of the idea that individuality and free will are instrumental part of happiness, and enforcing a certain standard on society by which every member must meet a minimum benefit to be involved places an inherent value on human life based on premises that are entirely arbitrary. To measure the value of a human life based on its capacity to benefit other people is absurd. Rather, it is the objective of society to accommodate all of these variances, hence we achieve an idea of humanitarian morality not entirely separate from Kant's, but slightly less rigid and based on sounder logic.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.