[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




File: tissuesystem[1].png (53 KB, 410x165)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
how does /3/ feel about houdini's tissue system?
>>
I had to look it up... It looks really good, but it seems very complicated to set up. I bet there's a Blender add-on that does 80% of that with much less effort. I get that people like the "made with Houdini lol" bragging rights, though.
>>
>>649641
Don't be delusional anon blender is not half as good as you think it is
>>
>>649641
Doing 80% is like half of the whole. Doing the other 20% takes as much time/effort as the first 80, when following the 80/20 rule.
So its no wonder people call what Blenderfags do: "half-assed".
The real problem is that with Blender you are mostly stuck with the 80% because there is no chance in hell that you archive the other 20% without really busting your ass off, doing even more work than what you would have done when using a couple of proprietary tools.
Most of the idiotic Blenderfanboys don't even get close to 80% that's why they have problems to understand the whole dilemma, they also always cite the handful of real artists who do go the extra mile as example, unable to understand that it is not the program which gives the results, but the artist pushing trough despite Blenders shortcomings.
Then there are the other idiots who confuse 80% with 100%.
They are beyond hope.
>>
>>649645
Agreed
That's the issue; they don't know that they don't know. Equating Houdini with Blender is a prime example, and equating "complex but proper fine-tuned work" to "effortless 80% is good enough" is just pathetic. People don't hire those who opt for the cheap easy way out. The last 20% is critical.
>>
>>649657
Not really. Id say 99.99999% of houdinifags and blendfags are so specialized in what they do that they never even approach 100% or 80% usage
>>
>>649659
>blendfags are so specialized in what they do
what does that even mean
>>
>>649645
>>649657
this
>>
>>649641
I just wanna use houdini because compared to maya it seems to have more robust documentation regarding its tissue system, and it lets you simulate connective tissue/fat pretty easily by just attaching the corresponding meshes as a node input. this is my current setup that i wanna use:

1)zbrush model
2)substance paint texture
3)houdini rig
4)unreal realtime raytracing

thoughts?
>>
It's cool, but it's slower than other systems. However it works great with everything else in Houdini, which is not something you can say for those other faster systems which are plugins and are not guaranteed to play nicely with everything else.
>>
>>649645
It's called the pareto principle, Mr. "Firmly stuck on the Mt. Stupid end of the D-K curve"
>>
>>649621
like everything houdini it's perfection
>>
>>649641
>I bet there's a Blender add-on that does
Doubt it. When other tools do something well, people simply use that instead. Hardly anyone does their sculpting in Blender for that reason.

>>649720
He didn't do anything wrong. Most people call it the 80/20 rule, and what's so bad about such an ergonomic phrasing, Mr or Mrs "I reference the Dunning-FreddyKreuger effect because I have a small penis, and I work at McDonalds, and at home suck my thumb while I watch reruns of Baywatch"? Don't be like that, and we could watch it together.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.