[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: virgins.jpg (297 KB, 1654x921)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Why is that? Don't they have a girlfriend? I have literally zero need for modeling a female character. Did they spend so much work and effort just to make tons of female characters so they can fap to them?
I wanted to see some art, not a beta virgin fantasies. It boggles my mind how professional these artists became in modeling their waifus.
>>
You must be 18+ to be on this website sweetie.
>>
>>598048
i'm 25. my gf has good drawing skills. i gifted her a wacoom this year. she then looked into galleries and after that she told me that she has a complete refusal drawing any female characters anymore. she said there are so many of them, it's depressing. so it can't be just me who notices this.

i think this type of sexual frustration really ruins art, because i want to see something creative, not some male-fantasy-like looking waifu which i can feel was made by a thirsty male without a satisfied sex life.

but yeah, i'm free to leave. and that's what i do, leave their galleries and never visit again. totally uninspiring.
>>
>>598049
blah blah blah. You and your gf sound boring as fuck. 5 bucks says you two create mediocre, uninspiring, faggy art; yet there's a market for that too.

How about realizing that the world is full of all sorts of bullshit and stupid things you're not going to agree with. All I hear is some loser bitching about other's creations and work. Your gf sounds like a feminist cunt and you sound like a beta trying to be all hard. You two need to get over yourselves and pull your head out of your faggot asses. The world isn't going to coddle to your hurt feelings over art
>>
>>598047
>who do people create what sells well?
>waaaah!
>>598049
>other people should stop making X
>they ruin muh art, I want to see something creative
Why don't you make it yourself retard?
>my inspiration doesn't come from my inner world
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're a sad pleb and your bitch is a really basic woman. If the broad had an ounce of talent she'd be creating stuff she can sell instead of being envious of the rest of the world.
>>
>>598050
sounds like you defend something that shouldn't be defended. there is literally no point in browsing cg galleries if 90% of the artworks are female characters. imagine you go into an art museum and 9/10 paitings are female characters with all sorts of hair colors, breast sizes, fancy clothes and all sorts of "themes". god damn this shit is boring as fuck.
>>
>>598047
And the other option is what, to model male characters? Yeah, that is totally rare to see. Nah, there are plenty of male characters as well, you are projecting. Besides, how can you say some art is uninspiring just because the character is a woman, instead of a man, wtf? Like that is the only thing which defines it.
>>
>>598052
That's possibly the lamest excuse and example I've been told in a long time. OP is defending his stupid ass girlfriend because she browses the internet and got offended. There are a million other portfolios and artists that are making amazing art but his cumdumpster got her feeling hurt browsing probably 1 or 2 portfolios before giving into her feminist bullshit and he bought into it as well.
>>
>>598052
>sounds like you defend something that shouldn't be defended
BRB, telling everyone in the world to change to accommodate your opinion right now.
>>
>>598052
Usually when you go to a museum, what they present and put up are themed you fucking retard. Your whole argument makes zero sense. And I 100% get what you're saying. But it's grasping at straws just because your loser gf can't handle that she probably is a shitty artist herself. It's easier to be jealous of others success rather than do something outside of your own ego.
>>
>>598054
lol go back to /pol/, i wrote nothing about her being offended. there was zero talk about how anything of it is sexist or bad. what i said is only that it is boring as fuck and the galleries are bloated with female characters. stop projecting feminism into everything.

>>598056
>your loser gf can't handle that she probably is a shitty artist herself

i wrote nothing about her giving any feminist statement about oversexualization or anything like that. what the fuck is wrong with you guys. do you see feminism in everything now?
>>
>>598047
Because when you put pretty girls you get more likes and subscribers(I noticed about 3x the amount of likes) and a lot of people posting on art station just want exposure. The fact that artstation picks/trending pages are run almost entirely on user input and on how popular the specific work is doesn't help the problem.
>>
>>598057
Post your cumdumpsters work on here so we can see if you're full of shit and she's a fucking shitty artist. Only then will I back off. You create a thread trying to throw others under the bus and now you're backtracking and getting mad because no one is agreeing with you here.
>>
>>598057
>i wrote nothing about her giving any feminist statement about oversexualization or anything like that

>she then looked into galleries and after that she told me that she has a complete refusal drawing any female characters anymore. she said there are so many of them, it's depressing

>beta virgin fantasies

>modeling their waifus

You're right though. She never did say those. But you're her spokesman on this subject and you did say that. You're trying to throw the wrong people under the bus. You should quit while you're ahead OP
>>
>>598047
I think this is a bait thread. You can't possibly believe this bullshit right? Your gf sounds kinda dense and dumb OP, if any of this is remotely true. Most of the artists I follow, watch on Twitch, actually go to art shows downtown; are female. And guess what!?!?!? They draw and model female characters.
>>
>>598047
Good post
>>
File: smugfag.png (50 KB, 200x200)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>598047
It's really simple, anon.

"Go where the money is... and go there often."
>>
>>598047

to mee its the opposite. Female sexy characters are the only thing that catches my attention. I hate spaceships, aliens, monsters, guns and cars. Those are sooo boring.
>>
>>598069
low tier faggot
>>
>>598069
Just out of curiosity, why are the others boring? I ask that as someone who has been wanting to make silly aliens, horror characters, and monsters.
>>
>>598072
Says the guy posting on /3/ on christmas.
It's okay anon, we're all low tier faggots.
>>
>>598082
I came here to laugh at you(faggot). I'm posting from my phone at a very comfy family celebration.
>>
>>598047
22/49 are female
16/49 are male

That's only a 1.375/1 ratio.
>>
>>598083
>can't wait to go back to his desktop to shitpost, so why not do it on the iphone

you have no right to call another person a faggot
>>
>>598082
>Says the guy posting on /3/ on christmas.
fucking kek'd
>>
Sounds like the people who bitch about Daz PAs not making enough men's clothes and always making female clothes because they sell.

90% of men's clothes these days are Polo shirt. T-shirt. Tank top. Casual shirt. Dress shirt. Suit. Casual slacks. Jean's. Baggy shorts. If you buy one of each of them you're done because you can just retexture them for variety.

Women have a shit load of variety in fashion so there's always a new outfit to be made and sold. Compared to the 60s 70s and 80s men have less variation in fashion these days so there's not much to sell.

People who keep saying"oh I'd buy more men's clothing if PAs would just make them", won't because how many jeans and Polo shirts and cargo shorts do you really need when you can just retexture the ones you got.
>>
>>598047 this is strange topic to me..
I always liked female characters and always played females in fighting games, now that I'm creating 3d I tend to create female characters as well.. I always thought they looked cool, were cool and they are so few in games and movies, etc.
+ I never thought that sexuality was taboo or bad, but oversexuality is just cheap (high heels on soldiers for example)
as sexual frustration goes, I never had it..


now that I started creating 3d tho.. I started browsing artist boards and ... it,s really flooded with female characters.
giving it one explanation is just idiotic tho. this artboards are flooded from millions of different people with different backgrounds.
>>
>>598047
>>598049
>>598052
"I'm not the one who is wrong, the entire market--no, the entire WORLD is wrong!"
Why don't you face facts and accept that you and the hamplanet you orbit have shit taste in art?
>>
>>598052
Yeah, shit. Imagine you go to a museum and you see the pictures of attractive women posing, or you turn to poetry and they are all about some girl. Just imagine.
Imagine going into a museum and seeing dozens of takes on the same biblical scenes, people doing the same pose and the same fucking fruitbowl over and over.
But you'd know about fruits and bowls, you beta orbiter, you.
>>
>>598157
you are talking to a wall, man. if he can not guess it by himself, then he just wants to find something to blamem about his frustrations.
"artists are creating characters and other things to fap to."
>>
>>598049
BETA
E
T
A
>>
>>598049
>I need feminism because I'm tired of feeling 'unmanly' for enjoying my girlfriend's strap-on.
>>
>>598086
36 are humans
22/36 are female.
That's 1.6something ratio
>>
>>598049
You sound like your girlfriend ripped your balls off. Seriously m8 wtf? Also like 99% of classic art was created out of religious reverence or sexual frustration
>>
>>598374
It's pointless to explain how creativeness works, to people who don't create about it and want to jut ptove point.
people see creative process as just skill. but the themes you create, how and what you create it's very, very personal, (of course if you are not creating for someone)
sexual side of brain plays big role in creativeness. it gives you edge in process. "creative lust" adds one more layer over what you create, but that side is also very dependent on creators taste. many people just express that "lust" with stripper shoes and big breasts. but erotic side can be utilised with much more depth.
>>
> be 3d artist
> create weird looking alien and post it
> get 2 comments
> create a cool environment and post it(took you 1 month to complete)
> 10 comments, "good job"
> create an awesome sexy female and post it
> 200 comments, 150 followers

we are sexual creatures, the fact that sex sells shouldn't be surprising.Trying to act all deep and artsy makes people come across as pretentious.
>>
>>598047
Most people make art of subject matter that interests them. People in general find the human form interesting and captivating,
if you happen to be a straight guy or a lesbo gal chances are you're gonna find the female form extra captivating to work with.

Lingering cultural stigma vs nudity and eroticism is probably the only reason you'd find it at all surprising this is a thing.
As a species We've been carving horsecocked dieties out of any and all materials known to us since the day some ape first grabbed a stick and drew a cock in the sand.
>>
Art is first and foremost about beauty. Nature expresses beauty in the female form, as it expresses glory and righteousness in the male form. It's archetypal and as old as time itself. You don't like it because you were potty trained too late. That'll be 60 dollars.
>>
>>598752
>glory and righteousness in the male form.

Oh, anon.
>>
>>598047
making a female look good is harder is why
>>
File: onanism is not work.jpg (53 KB, 420x619)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Joseph Stalin used to draw almost exclusively male figures, mostly because he felt women were too beneath him to draw.

What's written on this drawing is "Why are you so skinny Mikhail Ivonovich. Do some work. Onanism isn't work. Try Marxism, haha. J. Stalin".
>>
Its not rocket science, the female form is beautiful. Its also easier to design costumes for women since they can wear anything, men look look like massive gays in anything but a select handful if clothing types.
>>
>>598987
He did no draw these, he just wrote shitty comments on top of them.
>>
>>598047
OP is literally a faggot.
>>
>>598995

Yeah that one's not one of Stalin's. Stalin's drawings weren't very good (like Hitler's artwork). He used to draw a lot of wolves too.
>>
>>599000

We're all faggots here. We wouldn't be here if we weren't.
>>
>>598047
>OP is a faggot once again
brand new year, same old shit
>>
>>598047
OP is literally a faggot.
>>
I know that OP is a faggot, but I think OP has much worse problems than fucking with same sex (which I don't think is a problem)
OP is a bitch
>>
>>598047
This >>598734

I do it because female character art is what makes the phone ring for contracts and commissions.
>>
>>598047
i think you are right in some way 3d virgins just never seen normal woman, but money is money, real "art" is really rare in this place
>>
>>598047
because nice looking waifu's are what people want to see, there is a market for it and CG folk cater to it to make monies. Its quite simple really
>>
>>598047
>that SS officer right in the middle though
>>
What a stupid god damn thread, all in favor of letting this one die?
>>
>>599005
>Stalin liked drawing wolves.
Awoo~s in soviet.
>>
>>601536
I know, right? It’s from Inglourious Basterds, I forgot the name of the actor. Great work.
>>
>>598047
>I have no need for something therefore it stands to reason that no one have need for that thing
retard
>>
far easier to design interesting female characters; jewelry, flowing clothes, long hair and such all modify the all-important silhouette - which is already more immediately dynamic on female models.
>>
File: 1495531848706.png (381 KB, 499x529)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>people falling for this b8

as if someone shitposting on /3/ is gonna have a moral compass let alone a girlfriend
>>
>>598073

I love making aliens and monsters but I have to do sexy chicks to stay relevant. Its how the market works.
>>
>>602014
I'm the OP you're replying to this for... I totally get that's how the market can go. But it's just a shame that some of the other things such as aliens/ monsters are overlooked or not really respected as a genre (even if it is 100% CG looking). I bring this video up as an example. Because I know it took a lot of effort and research within studying 3d to be able to pull this off. https://youtu.be/oEVfREVGcaY


I guess the point I'm making is that I get what you're doing to stay relevent but I think there's totally a place for all kinds/different types of 3D. Even if it's a known fake. I think people just wnat to be entertained at the end of the day, and as artist of the trade, it's our job/duty to deliver said content...I know I'm everywhere with that mindset and not explaining it correctly, but I think someone out here knows what I'm talking about. Or at least I would like to believe someone out there does!
>>
Drawing waifus is the fast food of art
>>
>>598047
drawing the female form has been a central subject of art ever since man first tried to draw
>>
It's almost like women are objectively more attractive looking or something
>>
> wooow!! art is filled with sexual contexts, what a shocker!!

I just have one question: when wasn't it filled with sexual context? but now people are filled with so much bulshit, that they started to question that.

hoever are saying that they make Female characters because it sells them... like really? you don't enjoy doying it, but you still make them to "sell" your shit?? this is plain bulshit.
well, you are just making shitty monsters and robots, because good ones get as much exposure as any other form of art. quality always sells.
>>
>>602080
>good ones get as much exposure as any other form of art. quality always sells

Hell no. Shitty waifuart sells way more and gets far more exposure thanks to orbiters.
>>
>>598047
>women are in general more astethic because of curvy body shapes, theres studies about that
>always good for portfolio
>sex sells

It's alright to think that it's boring anon, just do your thing. Standing out of the crowd is important
>>
>>602080
Believe it or not, people can make shit they don't like or agree with, you must have never held a job, anon.
>>
>>598047
>Did they spend so much work and effort just to make tons of female characters so they can fap to them?

You already know the answer
>>
>>602242
actually I've meant personal works, etc.. and who the fuck is forced to mske, "waifu"-s at work??
oh and actually very few people actually know how much shit "work" can throw at you...
It's two months straight, since I'm making educational animations, about menstruation, virginity, female orgasm... freelance work from "main" feminism group, in my country... I'm in deep depression...
>>
>>598052
have you ever been to a fucking art museum because thats not how they work you spastic
>>
>>602266
Sometimes small time artists need shortcuts to get noticed. Making waifus isn't a bad shortcut to try to take, sometimes.
>Two months straight since [feminism work]
Hold strong anon, eventually you'll get out of that hell hole you're in.
>>
>>602192
oh come on, do you say that good creature guys would have more following if they were doying female characters?

>>602271
if someone wants to get noticed they should follow trends and movies, and make fanarts at correct times )

all I'm saying is, if female characters are genereating much more exposure, your monsters are not on the level to interest people.
people are just sound that they are forced to make female characters, which is BS...

>>602271
thanks man, I'm finishing it today... BTW working with feminists is wayy better than you think, tho. I'm just bored from that tipe of work, and it is holding me from 3d... but next freelance works I have all 3ds..
>>
>>602271

it's degrading though. I want patricians to look at my portfolio and respect me for my identity and integrity. I don't want to be forced pleasing the lowest common denominator, essentially an army of soyboys who's get hard from scantily clad women.

how goddamn crass that is.
>>
>>602274
What is monster girl?
What is the abominations shadman draws and tries to pass as human?
>>
>>602315
whom are you trying to impersonate?
You people are all doying it wrong, tho.

>>602335
Who's sandman?
>>
>>598052
Consider this: the female form has often been regarded for its beauty. Throughout all of our history there have been plenty of artwork with the focal point being the woman. Tell your girlfriend to create what she wants to see and stop getting mad over what others enjoy.
>>
>>598047
women are wonderful effect
don't know how this applies here though. just wanted to share.
>>
Females are beautiful, males are not. Simple as that. Why do people enjoy making beautiful art? You will never get it.
>>
>i'm 25. my gf has good drawing skills. i gifted her a wacoom this year. she then looked into galleries and after that she told me that she has a complete refu-
SOY! SOY! SOY! ABSOLUTE SOY BUGMAN!
>>
>>602445
fuck op, he's entitled cunt, but you are even worse...
I really want to see how "manly" you all really are.
if shit will ever hit the fan, I'm 100% positive, that your kind will start weeping and piss themselves way faster than whom you call names.
>>
>>602357
Shadman is a porn artist who has been drawing poorly for a decade, but has a strong enough following to live off of
>>
>>598047
>WAAAAAH PEOPLE AREN'T DOING WHAT *I* WOULD DO EVERYONE'S SO STUPID BUT ME ALSO I MISS THE 90s




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.