Looks like a '90s render
Where's the sss shader ?
Somethings just off
-no eyes? - make it look interesting, not just missing eyes
-too many repeated squares on face
-teeth look unrealistic, same with tongue
way t00 fucking shiny
Shit color, no contrast, no pop, no visual interest, all rook same, boring samey face design with repeating geometric shape nonsense that doesn't fit on an organic model, horns look identical (whatever scratches and details meant to set them apart are too subtle), weak derpy chin, nose looks functionless (in a stupid way, not a "mockery of god's design" way), crap background, it's supposed to be hell or a cavern or some shit (based on stalactites) but has heaven cloudy background light bleeding in so much that the hell part is lost, the background colors rob the foreground of pop and visual interest
6/10 it's okay, I applaud you for posting your work, you'll keep getting better, remake this shit in a year when you've learned even more techniques and tricks
model is fine,texturing and render isn't, stop discouraging people from doing anything, you fucking retard.
Hi i'm paul
-horns work, but i would throw in some smaller detail here and there
- ok, whats up with this forehead? it looks like stairs, its the only sharp part in his body, dosnt fit with the rest of the design at all
-teeth dont match, how will he close his mouth?
-too tiny tongue for such a big mouth
- those eye sockets are way too wide for his eye size, added with lip shape makes him look way too happy
- incoherent neck anatomy
- all those scales bump dont add nothing top the design
-no jaw muscles
-those concave shapes on his lower jaw serve no purpose
overall i would say the horns are the only think that dont need a serious once over
>model is fine,texturing and render isn't,
you taking the piss?
ts exactly the opposite case
what if his nose expands when he breathes?
would look pretty nasty/cool
why is it so dark? why do people on /3/ never post process their renders?
because now it looks terrible
Three possible reasons.
1. Over-darkened to reduce visibility of poorly sculpted features and let imagination take more control.
2. People don't understand that most computer monitors and TVs come with their settings pumped up way too high so that it looks "impressive", so something they think is bright is actually dark to anyone with a properly calibrated display.
3. They just have no sense of lighting composition.
I still think you need some sss in there.