[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/


Are there any other stores where I can purchase render assets other than Daz Studio Store?

Here are the ones I know...

Daz Store
Runtime dna
Renderosity

Are there any other stores I'm missing?

Please help.
>>
>>503982
Stop purchasing them. What are you trying to do in 3D?
>>
>>503983
Make p0rns obviously
>>
>>503984
In that case, for yourself or for profit?
>>
>>503985
Not OP, for myself. How can one profit from this?
>>
kat.cr/usearch/daz3d/
>>
>>503986

>>478873
>>
File: 0001.png (2.33 MB, 1605x1605)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
Why are the animation tools such ass?
Am I better off exporting to 3DS/Maya/Blender/etc?
>>
>>504075
>such ass
That's a man's ass, baby
>>
File: des.png (265.87 KB, 1200x730)
265.87 KB
265.87 KB PNG
just got into dazstudio a month ago and i like iray a lot.

It makes me regret getting an ITX board. I can never SLI now.
>>
>>504075

The animation tools are crap because they want you to buy keyMate and graphMate, or buy aniblocks. Remember, DAZ Studio only exists as a way to organize and use content you buy. It's there to make you a customer. If you want it to do anything other than just posing, you need to buy plugins or content.

One thing it does have going for it is decent rigging tools, but that are specifically optimized for DAZ Studio. They put that in there so they could get more people making clothing and other conforming items for their figures.
>>
Are you guys fucking serious?

I asked a question and everyone talks about something else. I just want to know if there're are websites other than DAZ where I can buy assets.

I'll look myself, thanks for nothing.
>>
>>504547
>I'll look myself, thanks for nothing.

Well, one might assume that since you knew you could do web search yourself, there must have been some other reason for asking.
This is not some sort of complicated medical procedure in which you do not understand the correct search terms, so the obviousness of this begs the assumption you're here to either promote DAZ, or some DAZ related product site.

Now, let's say you wanted to know something, but didn't know the words to describe the correct terms to what you wanted to know, that would be a logical reason to come here ask for help on the basis of terms you don't know.

But here you know how to use google, yahoo, bing, or which ever and you know how to type :"DAZ 3d models" and find specific items on websites to whatever you want, so? Why are you really here?
>>
>>504197
bleh that lighting
>>
>>503982
>>504547

Here's an old site with links. Some dead, others outdated.

http://posergirls.net/poser/LINK/
>>
>>503982
http://studiomaya3d.com/link1.html
>>
>>503982

That pretty much covers it, OP. If you want porny assets, try Renderotica. Other than that, you're out of luck.
>>
>>503982
http://www.sharecg.com/
>>
>>503982
https://poserworld.com/
>>
>>504197

You're overlighting dude. That's what gives it that artificial look. The real world has shadows. Lots of ugly shadows and light does not come from every direction with equal intensity.

Practice with a very basic 3 light rig the same way you start learning in photography and cinematography.

1 Key light
1 Fill light
1 Back light.

You key light is your full intensity light. Your fill is reduced intensity, it's just to soften the shadows from the key, not erase them. Your backlight is to separate your foreground from your background.

Read up on and practice your 3 light lighting scenes and then you can start applying what you learn to doing more lights.
>>
How would one get started with fitting clothes to figures?
Autofit seems to work well until I increase the breasts past a certain size. This is with V4.
>>
>>505803
>Read up on and practice your 3 light lighting scenes and then you can start applying what you learn to doing more lights.

That's not how iray works. It's an unbiased renderer.

Shadows are created in a very different way and most people with traditional lighting experience struggle with it.
>>
>>503982
>Are there any other stores I'm missing?
As a matter of fact, yes.

http://forender.com (please ignore the ExtraClones, most are uncanny af)
http://contentparadise.com
http://www.mec4d.com
off the top of my head
>>
>>503982
You can also find free assets at http://www.sharecg.com , and a lot of it's not crap (clothing in particular). It's weak on decent hair but makes up for it in the other categories.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007 has a lot of clothing.

and of course, https://hivewire3d.com which was founded by former DAZ staff
>>
>>504075
>Why are the animation tools such ass?
Because it's not Poser no matter how much it wants to be. Yes, DS has a nice rendering engine but that's about it. Poser 11 will set you back $70 but if you want GPU rendering go for Pro. If you can afford assets you can afford this.

>>504550
> google you fuck
And OP has discovered that DAZ and Renderosity have large enough SEO to make it difficult to find much else with that kind of search.

Oh also, OP:
http://www.meshbox.com
The characters and figures are so-so but MB's one of the older architectural developers for this market.

>>506816
> it's an unbiased renderer so forget 3 light rigging
Anything else this anon has to say, ignore them.
>>
>>507112
>Because it's not Poser no matter how much it wants to be.
You're basically implying Poser is actually good at animation... It's not, it's absolutely trash. If you want to animate well, export your model to Maya.
>>
>>506816
Umm, lmao, unbiased renderers are the complete opposite of what you're saying. People who have experience with real-world lighting techniques, will be completely at home with unbiased renderers, since all they require you to do is set up your lighting like you would in real-life, there's no tricks or workarounds that need to be done unlike in a biased renderer.

So if you want good studio lighting, then you want a 3 point lighting setup and a physical studio for lighting to be reflecting off of. Or if you're too lazy to model that, then download a studio HDRi to use as a light emitting background.
>>
>>507113
>If you want to animate well, export your model to Maya.
No one's trying to compare Poser to Maya, we're just saying DS is worse.

>>507114
I think that smacktard assumed that with unbiased you just use mesh lights for everything.
>>
http://www.most-digital-creations.com has good assets and some very well done characters. A lot of freebies as well.
>>
Why do so many of these sites look like they were made in 1998?
>>
>>507126
Because people who use Daz and Poser are computer illiterate, talentless hacks who deceive people into thinking they actually did serious work.
>>
>>507131
Says someone who doesn't have the balls to make professional 3d porn. Will your Mommie spank you?
>>
>>507137
I'm an anon, you know nothing about me m8 :)
>>
>>507139
Show me your professional porn????
I know that if you're an expert professional you haven't made, and posted any porn because you, and all professional artists are huge pussies afraid of being called a pervert.
Reasonable deduction.

That is a fact. An entire industry of "professional" pussies scared of making pussy, and boobs.

Where's your 3d professionally made porn? None? What a surprise.
>>
>>507143
>and all professional artists are huge pussies afraid of being called a pervert.
It's not about being "afraid" to be called a pervert, it's about keeping our job opportunities open instead of thinking you can rely on making 3D porn your whole life. The people who do the hiring like to do background checks, and 3D porn is a red-flag for them because of their fear of negative media attention.

>An entire industry of "professional" pussies scared of making pussy, and boobs.
Pretty sure all the tits and ass in games says otherwise. The industry doesn't have much of a problem with nudity (except the feminazis), just straight up porn (though The Witcher 3 is pretty close).

A lot of us simply create a different handle for our porn posts.
>>
>>507146
>background checks, and 3D porn is a red-flag for them because of their fear of negative media attention.

In other words you're blacklisted by the industry if you're caught making porn, and your content is controlled by a corporate machine.

Yes, well. Whomever is so willing to call anyone using Poser and DAZ hacks, but when called A PUSSY! for not making porn, you supply excuses that confirm why professional 3d artists are PUSSIES!

Professional 3d artist = PUSSY
>>
>>507147
You're a hack because you're not actually a 3D modeler, has nothing to do with porn making.
>>
>>507146
We need more space ships, trees, mountains, grass, and other inanimate objects.

Don't you dare make porn with it.

>>507148
It has everything to do with it. You just are unable to understand the correlation. I find it funny that so many professional 3d artists have so much supposed creative freedom, and how much effort they go though to make certain they aren't connected with porn.

Whose going to be the true artist who isn't afraid of negative attention? Clearly not you, you're still part of a system that keeps you well under control.
>>
>>507150
>It has everything to do with it.
Nope, I'm the one who made the statement, and thus am telling you that has nothing to do with what I said. I said you're a hack because you're not actually a 3D modeler, you're a "poser". You don't create, you just adjust.
>>
>>507146
>and 3D porn is a red-flag for them because of their fear of negative media attention
it doesn't bother Disney. you're full of shit so maybe not talking would be good now
>>
>>507131
> I'll be derisive until "they" get off "my" board
yawn
>>
>>507159
It absolutely does. The 3D artist you're likely thinking of uses a handle separate from the one Disney knows about. While some people have recognize their art to be of similar style, there is no definitive proof it is them.
>>
>>507154
>you're not actually a 3D modeler, you're a "poser"

Actually I've made several models that have been used in poser, and daz so I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. To be honest nobody cares so long as it works. Claiming someone is a hack seems a superficial insult that is at least four to five, or more years outdated. Honestly no one cares anymore but talentless dumbshits stroking their own egos built on a idiotic idea of worth.

No one with real talent or skill complains about who uses what anymore.
>>
>>507154
Making content for DAZ and Poser is a great way to make extra cash on the side. It is your loss to have not utilized that extra source of revenue which keeps on giving long after.
>>
>>507185
>No one with real talent or skill complains about who uses what anymore.
Yes, they absolutely do. Making a few cylinders and cones for a Poser model isn't modeling. What you do takes no skill, that is why you're a hack. The term is not outdated, it will always be relevant.
>>
>>507161
> I'll just keep repeating myself without examples
>>
>>507188
>Yes, they absolutely do
>>507161
>It absolutely does

This isn't /v/ you sperglord, fuck off back to there
>>
File: industry-one-large.jpg (233.42 KB, 960x1248)
233.42 KB
233.42 KB JPG
>>507188
>Making a few cylinders and cones for a Poser model

You have a day to make this in your weapon of choice, and that includes textures.

> but that's just a series of–
no one cares, show or shut the fuck up
>>
>>507205
Like I said, a series of cylinders and cones and some cubes, and then you threw the most basic and shitty of repeating textures on everything. You want me to clap for you? Again, a hack who has convinced themselves they have skill because they can adjust a few sliders and that other hacks may have used their content. It's sad.
>>
>>507227
Then you get twelve hours. Put up or shut up. I sorely doubt you've modeled anything that bullets don't come out of but you're welcome to prove us wrong, faggot.

Oh, that's right, you can't do much except shit talk on an Azerbaijani shoe BBS.
>>
File: 1451161891898.jpg (257.95 KB, 646x900)
257.95 KB
257.95 KB JPG
These homos are still arguing.
I just want to talk about breast sliders and importing zbrushed horse dildos.
>>
File: gwi.jpg (57.72 KB, 500x500)
57.72 KB
57.72 KB JPG
>>507161
>The 3D artist you're likely thinking of

Different anon here. We need names / handles, for science.
>>
>>507114
>So if you want good studio lighting, then you want a 3 point lighting setup and a physical studio for lighting to be reflecting off of

that's not true. You can have good studio lighting without a 3 point lighting setup, you tard.
>>
File: hi fellow redditor.jpg (42.82 KB, 600x400)
42.82 KB
42.82 KB JPG
>>507296
>for science.

this is why i rarely visit /3/. It's easily the most poisoned by beta cuck males.
>>
>>507355
>for non-science?
>for idiotic assumptions

>cuck male name calling
>>
>>507354

In fact, Iray emits light in such a way that you can get good results with only 1 light.

With 3Delight, if you lack a 3-point system, then you'll get shit and/or blackness. That's what I meant when I said it can be initially confusing for traditional 3-pointers.

You can get amazing stuff with Iray using non-traditional lighting setups.
>>
>>507354
That's not what I meant. I didn't imply you can't get good lighting with just one light. But that nearly every studio is going to be use a 3 light system. I'm just saying that there's no magic, you light how you light in real-life.
>>
>>507355

Nigger, 'for science' came from 4chan, before Reddit even existed.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.